• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New DK Video Thread - New Format!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621

*I just grabbed a random picture lol, so I'm in need of a new picture, if you find a good one just PM me it.

Since KoSa! gave up the video thread job, I guess I'll take over. We have a new format where the video thread isn't as dependent on the creator, but more dependent on you guys. You all make a post where you put your videos in and I'll put a link of your post in this post, and as you continue to get videos you continue to edit your post with the new videos you keep obtaining. It'll be a lot easier on my part not having to worry about if there's new videos or not which I need to find and put into the original post, or even if the videos are getting older I don't have to edit them out. Here are the rules I do wish you follow.

Rules:
~ Please one post per user which contains videos. You can chat in here but if you have new videos just edit your old post please.
~ Please post more recent videos, old combo videos will be find not just matches from last May or something.
~ Please don't spam the thread.

I'll edit more rules as it goes along. You can post any video you like, combo videos, advanced tech's you found, etc. Really doesn't matter but try to keep this more active. Labeling your videos would be nice but it's not required. If you have any questions you want answered feel free to PM me, though I highly doubt anyone would have questions.

The Kong Family:

Hinoarashi

Ragnar0k

ook

Cyphus

Jmex

ZxChrono

Daisho

Luigi player

Bigfoot

D0N

Stannum

theultimodragon

Kalm

F T S

mitsurugi76

KoSa!

EWING

Ripple

* I copied this format from the Kirby boards because I found it very well thought out and very well organized. So this idea goes to the creator of the video thread at the Kirby boards (unless he got it from somewhere else).

ook

Smash Lord
Tourney Matches
(and money matches)

Angry Shinobi Circus - 2/20/09

$1 MM
:dk2: ook vs Ally :mario2: 1
:dk2: ook vs Ally :mario2: 2
:dk2: ook vs Ally :mario2: 3

(then we played a "real" set)
:dk2: ook vs Ally :snake: 1
:dk2: ook vs Ally :snake: 2

Pools
:dk2: ook vs Fade :marth: 1
:dk2: ook vs Fade :marth: 2
:dk2: ook vs Fade :marth: 3

:dk2: ook vs Bo X7 :mario2: 1
:dk2: ook vs Bo X7 :rob: 2

$6 Doubles MM
:dk2::luigi2: ook & YoshQ vs Logic & Deez :olimar::diddy: 1
:dk2::luigi2: ook & YoshQ vs Logic & Deez :olimar::diddy: 2
:dk2::luigi2: ook & YoshQ vs Logic & Deez :olimar::diddy: 3

TIMS 3 - 10/17/09

Loser's Finals/$20 MM
:dk2: ook vs Ripple :dk2: 1
:dk2: ook vs Ripple :dk2: 2
:dk2: ook vs Ripple :dk2: 3

TIMS 3 - 10/17/09

Grand Finals
:dk2::dk2: ook & Ripple vs Kirk & Chewwy :ike::popo: 1
:dk2::dk2: ook & Ripple vs Kirk & Chewwy :ike::popo: 2
:dk2::dk2: ook & Ripple vs Kirk & Chewwy :ike::popo: 3
:dk2::dk2: ook & Ripple vs Kirk & Chewwy :ike::popo: 4

TIMS 3 - 10/17/09

Winner's Finals (These ones are just camping)
:dk2: ook vs Chewwy :dedede: 2
:dk2: ook vs Chewwy :dedede: 3
:dk2: ook vs Chewwy :popo: 4
:dk2: ook vs Chewwy :dedede: 5

Umashi's Smashapalooza - 7/22/09

Loser's Finals
:dk2: ook vs Ryzen Xia :falco: 1
:dk2: ook vs Ryzen Xia :falco: 2
:dk2: ook vs Ryzen Xia :falco: 3
:dk2: ook vs Ryzen Xia :falco: 4
:dk2: ook vs Ryzen Xia :falco: 5

Clash of Brokenness VI - 6/27/09

Pools
:dk2: ook vs DRAGNDORF :yoshi: 1
:dk2: ook vs DRAGNDORF :yoshi: 2
:dk2: ook vs DRAGNDORF :yoshi: 3

Brawl+

Blind's Brawl+ Fest - 12/18/09

Friendlies
:dk2: ook vs Arty :metaknight:
:dk2: ook vs Metroid1117 :ike:
:dk2: ook vs Metroid1117 :ike:
:dk2: ook vs Blind :pit:
:dk2: ook vs DLA :ganondorf:

daisho

Smash Lord
Someone should just update the OP all the time... this is stupid >_>

but oh well *reserved*
you are the only person who thinks so... we had a discussion about it in the other thread and everybody thought it was a good idea.

Why should the OP have to do all the work after someone already DOES IT. Also then he doesn't have to worry about what style to use... unless we should have like a standard style or something...

Also... wtf, we never have any activity at all and then we have like 10 lurkers post here so quickly :(

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Thanks Daisho.

I always post in the DK boards btw. :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
you are the only person who thinks so... we had a discussion about it in the other thread and everybody thought it was a good idea.

Why should the OP have to do all the work after someone already DOES IT. Also then he doesn't have to worry about what style to use... unless we should have like a standard style or something...

Also... wtf, we never have any activity at all and then we have like 10 lurkers post here so quickly :(
Oh, sorry then, I didn't know this.

D0N

Smash Ace
All matches are offline. The numbers are the links .

Tourney::
10/11/09
vs tibs :diddy: - 1&2&3
9/27/09
vs Toby. :pt: - 1 2 3&4
vs Shaya :marth: - 1&2 3&4 5
8/8/09
vs tedeth :wolf: 1:(
7/11/09
vs Rai! :yoshi2: - 1&2
vs Synchronize :sonic: - 1 2
vs AKF :kirby2::dedede::metaknight: - 1&2&3

Friendly::
9/13/09 - 9/14/09
vs tedeth :wolf: - 1 2 3
vs tedeth :wario: - 1 2 3
8/14/09
vs EA :popo: - 1
6/??/09
vs Billy :shiek: - 1
vs Wizzlecroff :rob: - 1

Money Match::
8/8/09
vs tedeth :wolf: - 1

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Any way you can add the characters played against? Is better than clicking some random name and watching vids if you dont know the player
Edit: Read that wrong. This is easier because, people can add delete or change videos on their own time. It's a lot easier than making a thread like the other, believe me.

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea I like the format, I wasnt arguing against it. I was just saying by peoples' names/links you could have a list of characters that they play against in there vids so veiwers get an idea of what they're about to watch. But since you mentioned adding/deleting vids (Didnt think much into that) its probly a too much of a hassle to keep up with all of that.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Yeah, it gets hard to keep track of after awhile and when you get busy (with school and that) it gets even harder, which is probably why KoSa! gave up the thread. This helps me and even them get their videos posted. For the characters names listed, that would be up to them if they wanted to do that in your post. Yeah I misread and misinterpreted your post. Sorry about that.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
reserved.

Does it have to be vBrawl or can it be a variant (like B+)
Good question didn't think of that haha, it can be anything that revolves around brawl, just label it if it's like balanced brawl, or brawl+ or what ever.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Im sorry to come off as rude, I just wanted you to see my thinking.

Just wondering though, why don't you agree with this way of doing things?
Well I thought "what if someone posts before someone made his "reserve post"?", but I guess we don't have that many users in the DK boards that it can work like that. I just thought it's annoying to go to more pages just to find a users vids. It would be easier to find all if they would be in the OP.

Like for example bigfoot. He's on page two, that sucks for him imo. You'll mostly be looking on page one and the current page the thread is... but yeah, I guess it's okay if it's just the first 2 pages...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
luigi player are you ********? The OP will link to each players post with the videos. The thread is a directory. It doesn't matter where you reserve your post at, I just did it on the front page so that when I update it I don't have to find post 63 or something like that.

Luigi player

Smash Master
luigi player are you ********? The OP will link to each players post with the videos. The thread is a directory. It doesn't matter where you reserve your post at, I just did it on the front page so that when I update it I don't have to find post 63 or something like that.
Very nice wording you have there >_>

I guess I should've read everything in the OP....... I skipped the part where he wrote that he'll link to each post, lol. I guess I shouldn't be too lazy reading everything. Sorry again.

daisho

Smash Lord
Updated my post with 10 videos if anybody wants to watch them. Also, Hinoarashi if you could make my link green that would be great.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Thought I would post some videos up since I never really had any of matches recorded before....ever. lol These are all matches of me vs KirinBlaze, beast Mario/Link main. Makes you think twice before underestimating either of those characters haha. Oh and these are all friendly matches, but they were very good, with the exception of some silly things that happened. Hope you guys like them =)

Friendlies:

KirinBlaze (Link) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 1
KirinBlaze (Link) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 2
KirinBlaze (Link) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 3
KirinBlaze (Link) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 4
KirinBlaze (Mario) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 5
KirinBlaze (Mario) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 6
KirinBlaze (Mario) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 7
KirinBlaze (Mario) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 8
KirinBlaze (Mario) vs Will (Donkey Kong) 9

Owna (MK) vs Will (DK) 1

10/24/09 Viridian City at The E Spot in Jersey City, NJ

Will (DK) vs Smurf (Snake) 1
Will (DK) vs Smurf (DDD) 2

Money Matches:

Will (DK) vs. iKon (Wario) 1

Will (DK) vs. iKon (Diddy) 2
Will (DK) vs. Nairo (MK) 1
Will (DK) vs. Pyronic Star (Olimar) 1
Will (DK) vs. Pyronic Star (Olimar) 2

Loser's Finals from Bum's Gamers Tournament in the Bronx, NY:

NinjaLink (Diddy) vs. Will (DK) 1
NinjaLink (Diddy) vs. Will (DK) 2
NinjaLink (Diddy) vs. Will (DK) 3
NinjaLink (Diddy) vs. Will (DK) 4

The Game Table in Mineola, NY 1/09/10- Brawl 1v1 Tournament (hosted by e_Lounge)

Money Matches:

CJT (R.O.B.) vs Will (DK) 1
CJT (R.O.B.) vs Will (DK) 2

Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 1
Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 2
Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 3

Tournament Sets:

Mike G (G&W) vs Will (DK) 1
Mike G (G&W) vs Will (DK) 2

Winners Finals:

Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 1
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 2
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 3
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 4
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 5

Grand Finals:

Set 1

Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.1
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.2
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.3
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.4
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.5

Set 2

Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.1
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.2
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.3
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.4

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Kirin IS a beast! In the first video...Will could've finished the upB break onto the rising platform on Yoshi's Island in the first match. :(
Ohhh yeah that part =/ Lots of things went wrong for me there haha. I wanted to fall back and grab the edge, then I was like "oooo I can land on roger!" Then he retreated into the depths and last minute I tried to go for the edge but it was too late. lol My best option in that situation probably would have been just getting hit by the bomb ;p

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Ohhh yeah that part =/ Lots of things went wrong for me there haha. I wanted to fall back and grab the edge, then I was like "oooo I can land on roger!" Then he retreated into the depths and last minute I tried to go for the edge but it was too late. lol My best option in that situation probably would have been just getting hit by the bomb ;p
1. his name is cornelius and has been since april 08

2. I left my critique in here a while ago http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=102331

3. watching mario videos now, you finally started landing sidebs and fsmashes, but for some reason gave up on dsmash

4. you didn't land 1 punch in 9 matches......................................................................................................./rage

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
i see you do the lagless upb to dsmash which is good. i see when you land those fair and dair and low % and they bounce off the ground, you shield when you could do a uptilt or dsmash. i agree with bigfoot about the punch, remember that thing has SA so abuse and go right through those arrows when he shoots em. stop trying to challenge Links dair. pretty good Dk even without the punch.what ledge game are you guys playing at 2:17 of match 4 lol.

going for very risky things and getting gimped, take less risks or just be more careful of those projectiles and cape. ftilt more against mario. match 9 should be a reminder for you lol.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
1. his name is cornelius and has been since april 08

2. I left my critique in here a while ago http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=102331

3. watching mario videos now, you finally started landing sidebs and fsmashes, but for some reason gave up on dsmash

4. you didn't land 1 punch in 9 matches......................................................................................................./rage
Lmao trust me... I know how to land a punch. These were all friendly matches and we were laughing like crazy the entire time we were playing, playing much more aggressive than we usually would. I find it funny though that out of all these videos I didn't land a punch @_@. I must have not really been relying on it very much. Thanks for the advice though, I will try to get my KOs at earlier percents since I should definitely not give opponents the opportunity to deal more damage when I know I possess devastating smashes.

Oh, and I honestly thought his name was roger because thats what all of my friends through smash had been calling him =/ I didn't know his real name was cornelius @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom