• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
No.... just no. Why would we destroy our wonderful project by adding Tingle? Well, maybe we can have him be in one of our scary-as-heck dungeons. He'd fit in.

Oh, and nice drawing, Mewter. Gotta love Link's expression.
Oh, now I know you did not just insult Tingle in the presence of Wizzerd.

I am not joking. Put on your raincoat, because a ****storm is about to hit.

As for your comment, Wizzerd, I have absolutely no problem with him being in the project, but do you know how he would fit into it (for details on the synopsis, check the OP)?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
toon_marth said:
No.... just no. Why would we destroy our wonderful project by adding Tingle? Well, maybe we can have him be in one of our scary-as-heck dungeons. He'd fit in.
Yeah, I didn't think so. Tingle gets an undeserved amount of hatred, and Rosy Rupeeland is in fact a very fun game, but I guess that maybe he shouldn't return out of people's hate for him.

To prevent this from becoming a completely spammish message, I'll make an enemy idea:

Copra: Found in the Glass Desert, this looks like a large coconut, about half the height of Link, bound to glassy areas by a pad of presumably gluey material. By repeatedly attacking it, it opens up like a flower to reveal the pink fleshy material on the inside. Copras will never attack or deal damage at all. However, attacks will begin to open it up and reveal the flesh. Each attack barely opens it, and it takes, say twenty sword strikes to fully open it, and the thick skin will quickly close up when not attacked. However, once it is fully opened, it stays open for about ten seconds. During this period, Link can slash at the exposed flesh, revealing all sorts of goodies, like hearts, magic pots, arrows, bombs (maybe these won't be used, but you should get the idea). It'll take about ten sessions of slashing madly at the flesh to fully destroy these, but if they are defeated you can get a large amount, almost 300, of Rupees.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I wanted to get my idea out there.

Clownbot said:
Oh, now I know you did not just insult Tingle in the presence of Wizzerd.

I am not joking. Put on your raincoat, because a ****storm is about to hit.

As for your comment, Wizzerd, I have absolutely no problem with him being in the project, but do you know how he would fit into it (for details on the synopsis, check the OP)?
OH NO HE DIDN'T I've no idea. I just found out that this place even existed, so I'm getting familiar with the plotline (which is pretty epic). Maybe I'll think of a way later, though it probably wouldn't be used.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It doesn't sound like an "enemy" at all. Just a revamped version of the orb that enemies sometimes drop when defeated in WW.

I guess it's alright, though. :ohwell:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I came up with a name for Mewter's boss.

"Aqueyeser".

"Aqua" and "Geyser", but it also has "eye" in the middle. :cool:

That IS a single eye, right, Mewter? 0_o

Plus, it has a nice ring to it imo. I mean, imagine Link going into a huge room and seeing him, and then "Geothermal Aqua Beast -- Aqueyeser" pops up on the screen with bada** music playing. :cool:

The only problem is, that means two water-based bosses (along with Sinking's Selepria boss), but that's not too much of an issue, is it?

Also, does anyone know of a site where you can find a word in any given alternate language? It might be helpful for giving things (specifically enemies and bosses) more unique names.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Clownbot said:
Also, does anyone know of a site where you can find a word in any given alternate language? It might be helpful for giving things (specifically enemies and bosses) more unique names.
http://www.stars21.com/translator/english_to_latin.html

Looks like it's got quite a few languages, but Latin usually sounds the best. Or you could just wiki a word associated with the enemy/boss/potato and find some kind of pseudo-Latin classification or random associated word- that's how I got the name Copra.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Of course, using different root languages in different distinct regions could give those areas more distinctive feels and characters all their own, much like dialects and languages in the real world.

Also, I'm currently working on a map in Paint of Labrynna. It's pretty lame, but it gets the ideas across. Also, I'll have more ideas to go with it as well. Woohoo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
As long as you don't toss it. I'd love to read it someday, so keep working on it on the side. It'd be great to explore an actual ancient Hyrule somewhere down the road.

[/COLOR]

Oh I have no intention of tossing it. This project just seems to far along to introduce something like my idea.

We could do my idea, but with slightly less technology than this era. It would still work. lol.

Mewter

Smash Master
Stop with the Tingle hate! :mad: :mad: :mad:
He's just misunderstood... :(

Anyways, I went with Clownbot's name, Aqueyeser, because it suits it very well.
Here's a check-up on the coloring:

I don't think I'm doing very well it with it, though. Perhaps one of the artists in this thread could give some coloring tips? :)
I feel kind of unsuccessful with the coloring... :(

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm no coloring expert, but I think you did okay. :bee: The only problem I have with it is the red, but other than that, it's really cool. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
I'm no coloring expert, but I think you did okay. :bee: The only problem I have with it is the red, but other than that, it's really cool. :)
Eh, I've never been much of a painter. I'm more of a black-and-white-on-paper guy.

And you're right. It should have been a darker black-red, like lava cooling rapidly in the water.
I'll try to do that.

Edit:
On the bright side, this is only a WIP! :)

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
New character for you. I kindof like this one. His name is Octo-lad... or thats what he's called. He really wishes not to be called that.

Octo-Lad (aka Bernerd) is a boy who is forced by his sister to stand out in the streets dressed up as an octorok to raise awareness of octorok climate change and endangerment. But Octo-lad has no love for Octoroks, and frequently tells people about the time an octorok hit him in the face with a sludge ball (Which left him in the hospital for a week). His sister (of whom I'll draw later) started a little club known as "Octo-Rockers" where her and her close group of friends try and start donations to help clean the rivers and lakes and provide food for the sickly octoroks. It is mostly a hobby where they may briefly talk about how sad that octoroks are so sick, and then it quickly becomes a slumber party.

If Link does so wish, he might donate a rupee or two... only to find that his money was spent on snacks and balloons for Octo-lad who didnt bring the money to his sister! Octo-lad will thank Link for his generous donation for his balloon, and then simply ask for more money so that he might purchase a slingshot.

What a repulsive boy!

Mewter

Smash Master
New character for you. I kindof like this one. His name is Octo-lad... or thats what he's called. He really wishes not to be called that.

Octo-Lad (aka Bernerd) is a boy who is forced by his sister to stand out in the streets dressed up as an octorok to raise awareness of octorok climate change and endangerment. But Octo-lad has no love for Octoroks, and frequently tells people about the time an octorok hit him in the face with a sludge ball (Which left him in the hospital for a week). His sister (of whom I'll draw later) started a little club known as "Octo-Rockers" where her and her close group of friends try and start donations to help clean the rivers and lakes and provide food for the sickly octoroks. It is mostly a hobby where they may briefly talk about how sad that octoroks are so sick, and then it quickly becomes a slumber party.

If Link does so wish, he might donate a rupee or two... only to find that his money was spent on snacks and balloons for Octo-lad who didnt bring the money to his sister! Octo-lad will thank Link for his generous donation for his balloon, and then simply ask for more money so that he might purchase a slingshot.

What a repulsive boy!
Lol. That's original, and it seems to fit very well in LoZ, just like the "Killer Bees". :laugh:
The description is neat. I don't think I'd waste a rupee on them!

Also, I uploaded a newer version of Aqueyser. I just re-edited my previous post with the new picture.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@zaneeba: Dude, I don't know what the hell you're doing, but keep doing it. It WORKS.

@Mewter: The picture looks a lot better now. Of course, it never looked bad, though.

Also, I have a new character idea, but it needs to sit in my head a bit before I flesh it out some more. I don't even have a name yet. :laugh: I'll post it... Well, it's past midnight here, so I'll actually post it today, I guess. :laugh:

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I prefered the version of the photo before you edit it. Ironically I had intended to complement you on your use of colours.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Please Read!

Hey, sorry for my absence guys, I've been tied up with some things. I've edited the OP quite a bit to actually contain things that need to be made, which you'll recognize by the ________ << blanks, like so. My mind needs some resting, so I leave the project to you all for the time being. I trust that you guys know the project well enough to come up with the best fitting content, as you've proved to do so already. And as all of you should know, it does not stop there. Our world has so much more that needs to be done (like odd little characters as Octo-lad), so get to crackin' them eggs, and keep up the wonderful work - each and every one of you!

Two more notes:

1. While editing the OP, I came up with the idea to represent the Kokiri somehow. Since they evolved into the Monkeys in TP, perhaps 2000 years later, they have further evolved into a sentient simian species that lives on the outskirts of the Fungal Forest. I've dubbed them the "Okimo", to keep that long O sound consistent with their Goron, Zora, and Rito counterparts (and it's an altered portmanteau of Kokiri and monkey).

2. Regardless of what I've said about Snowpeak before, I'm not, and I know a number of you aren't content with my decision(s). I leave it up to you guys to designate what it looks like, whether it's still covered in snow, what dungeon should be found here (including its bosses), what's to become of the Yetis (need to add them to the OP right now), etc, etc. This region is all you.

Again, take care guys :)

Scott!

Smash Lord
So, here's my very simple map of Labrynna. It's unlabeled, but I'll go through all the dots and lines and everything below the map itself.

Starting in the top-left corner and going clockwise.

The tan area marks the Talus Peaks region. Simple as that. The mountain drawings are not canonical locations of or # of mountains. A river comes down out of the mountains. It is the main tributary of the main river. Name ideas? Is Lynna River too boring? Anyway, the blue dot on this part of the river is Restoration Falls, a waterfall covering the ancient Restoration Wall we know so well.

Next, the red icon is Symmetry City. Then the main branch of the river, followed by the Palace Ruins Dig Site.

The blue area is the Rolling Ridge Mountains. It's blue because it was in OoA-present, whose map I referenced heavily, as well as the past, and because it's nice. The two black dots along it are the towns I mentioned, Yoll and Ralfston. Yoll is probably the one closer to the Yoll region, because that makes sense. Also, Ralfston is named for Ralph, and is intentionally close to where Nayru's house was. Yay for referencing the game.

Then, we see a second river that rounds the Yoll Wasteland. It's barely on the present map, but it seemed a good way to keep the area soggy. Plus, there used to be a river to the north and west in the past, so that water had to go somewhere.

Crescent Island is obvious, and there's little to be said about it right now.

Back on the coast is the great Lynna City. The outline shows where it is, because I'm clearly not an artist. Ambi Tower only happened because Paint has various paintbrush shapes that suited my needs without effort. The island it connects to is Eyeglass Isle, and that bridge is new. The building is the now-ancient library. It's mostly a monument, as its books are moved to safer locations under care of Lynna U.

The blue dot in the ocean is Zora Village (City now?).

Then, we get the sandy beach coast and the Fairy Woods, though I don't really like that name. Of course, if the name stuck, Link could run into a Great Fairy there, so that might be nice. Just north of that is Talusia, and that's my map.

Other stuff:
The OP mentions that Labrynna is home to 3 dungeons. The Yoll Wastelands scream out for a nasty one filled with gruesome dead things. The swamp is built over a graveyard that itself was built on an old palace, so there's tons of potential there. But it should be really creepy. I'm thinking Woodfall meets Under the Well. Imagine fighting a Dead Hand while stuck in the mud with a foot of filthy water everywhere, so you can't run.

The Palace Ruins also have potential, and must be visited in some capacity. Ruins are a bit obvious and not original, but they're also awesome.

As for other ideas, we have the Restoration Falls area. The falls are massive in height, but are fairly narrow, like the wall. There's also Rolling Ridge, with the Gorons, Crescent Island, though we have a Jungle Temple, the ocean, which could be home to any number of mysteries, and of course, 3 cities to explore.

I also imagine that the Rolling Ridge Mountains are taller than Talus Peaks. Talus feel older and more worn, while the RRs are taller, newer, and are capable of supporting snow at the peaks. That's why I drew them differently.

Also, if anyone has a great idea to fill that big empty middle of the map that at least sort of fits with the world and isn't completely out of nowhere, do share.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hey, sorry for my absence guys, I've been tied up with some things. I've edited the OP quite a bit to actually contain things that need to be made, which you'll recognize by the ________ << blanks, like so. My mind needs some resting, so I leave the project to you all for the time being. I trust that you guys know the project well enough to come up with the best fitting content, as you've proved to do so already. And as all of you should know, it does not stop there. Our world has so much more that needs to be done (like odd little characters as Octo-lad), so get to crackin' them eggs, and keep up the wonderful work - each and every one of you!

Two more notes:

1. While editing the OP, I came up with the idea to represent the Kokiri somehow. Since they evolved into the Monkeys in TP, perhaps 2000 years later, they have further evolved into a sentient simian species that lives on the outskirts of the Fungal Forest. I've dubbed them the "Okimo", to keep that long O sound consistent with their Goron, Zora, and Rito counterparts (and it's an altered portmanteau of Kokiri and monkey).

2. Regardless of what I've said about Snowpeak before, I'm not, and I know a number of you aren't content with my decision(s). I leave it up to you guys to designate what it looks like, whether it's still covered in snow, what dungeon should be found here (including its bosses), what's to become of the Yetis (need to add them to the OP right now), etc, etc. This region is all you.

Again, take care guys :)
Have a nice... mind nap, Spire. I like the Okimo idea, and we'll come up with something for Snowpeak. :bee:

EDIT: Sorry, Scott. I can't remember what I said completely, but I do like the ideas you had.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well all of the sudden we lost the most important person in the project! Now who will draw the backgrounds?
I'm not leaving the project at all. I just want to hand a lot of control over to you guys, as this is a community project. Besides... I'm on vacation ;)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Sorry for the inactivity today. I've been really busy. I'm posting htis from my iPod so this messege will be short so please don't count this as spam. I'll probably post in the morning. And have a good rest, Spire.

Edit: ugh life sucks.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
New Characters!

Voile
(I know I already came up with him, but I wanted to deepen his character by explaining his past)

Voile originally lived with his family in Hylia Canyon, but when the evil beast Garwardon appeared, the rest of his family was brutally murdered by it. The most unfortunate part of this event is that Voile was there when it happened, being too helpless and cowardly to do anything. As Garwardon approached once more, his mother handed him a necklace that she wore, made of pebbles scattered along the Selepria coast that she made while the family was hunting there. With her last breath, she warned her son to escape the canyon, and he flew off.

Voile now lives on a mountain ledge camp overlooking the Selepria Sea. He crafted a makeshift violin from various pieces of driftwood on the coast, also using the spoils of creatures that lived along the coast for strings and a bow. Every morning, he wakes up early and plays his violin in sorrow and remembrance of his family, especially his dear mother, whose necklace he wears every day.

Voile's attitude is, for the most part, sad. He often blames himself for the death of his family, in that he feels he could have saved them if he were stronger or braver. He even says to Link at one point in the story:

"Sometimes, I long for my family so much to the point that I can't wait for my life to be taken. All I want now is to see them so I can apologize and then spend eternity in happiness."

I'd hate to spoil your vacation, Spire, but it'd be nice if you could add this on to Voile/replace my current post of him that's linked in the OP with this.

***​

Veneficio

And then we have Veneficio. Veneficio is a simple human who roams Zora's Domain, the new hub of Hyrule, just trying to earn a rupee by performing magical acts for the other commoners.

When Link meets him, Veneficio asks Link to help him score some coin by performing tricks and acts for the commoners using the various items and weapons he has collected. This is kind of a side quest. Every time Link performs a new act for the commoners, Veneficio gives him half the money that is collected. If he performs an act that he's done before, Veneficio gives him 1/4 the money collected. Once Link has performed every possible act, Veneficio certifies him as an official magician (:bee:!), which grants him power to perform various "magic" acts; this is mainly done to get more money (Link gets all of the money when he uses his magic kit in performances), but as an easter egg, he can also perform the acts in battle, during which major lulz are sure to ensue. :laugh:

***​

Be brutal. I know; Voile's already been received, and Venificio only serves purpose in a sidequest, but I still want your honest opinions.

EDIT: Also, if anyone is up for drawing these guys, I can give you a physical description ASAP.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Very nice descriptions, Clownbot. I am all for both of their inclusions. But who exactly is Garwarden? Does he play a major role in the game besides killing the family? And why exactly does he kill the family?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Garwardon is the boss of the Hylia Canyon's Jungle Temple. Check the OP for details, I think Spire has a section on enemies and bosses.

I might end up tweaking Voile's description, or giving more purpose to Veneficio and/or his sidequest.

Mewter

Smash Master
Wow, Clownbot! Veneficio and Viole are pretty deep characters! Veneficio sounds kind of fun (free rupees!).

Very nice descriptions, Clownbot. I am all for both of their inclusions. But who exactly is Garwarden? Does he play a major role in the game besides killing the family? And why exactly does he kill the family?
Phantom7, Rawrg. A jungle temple boss.

Took me a couple of hours, but I think it was worth it. It's a more mountain cat-esque version.

Edit:
Scott, those ideas are great, as always. :laugh:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sweet mother. I think I'm dizzy from the epicosity of the post above me. :dizzy:

But seriously, epic drawing, Mewter. Garwardon's really evolved since his first description & image.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, now that you mention it....

The facial features would probably change that if they were slightly edited.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Amazing work, Mewter! Makes me want to become an artist for this thread!... Nah, I don't have the ambition. I also like the edited version of the last drawing. Great descriptions of the two characters, Clownbot. Now I don't have to! :bee:

Also, should I go and ask the Artwork Emporium for volunteers?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Alright guys seems I have some time to kill.

I'm gonna go ahead and sift through the OP for things that still need to be designed, but if there's anything you guys want done especially/urgently, let me know.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
DEEPSEA MINING FACILITY SUB-BOSS IDEA

Whoo, that was a mouthful. Anyway, this is kind of an interesting battle. First of all, the battle takes place in a room that starts out empty, but as the battle progresses, water level changes (think Tower of the Gods. first floor).

The boss himself is an amphibian. In the water, he takes on the appearance of a giant tadpole, and outside of the water, he grows legs and loses his tail. There are also lily pad-like structures on the ground, so he can be in Tadpole form or Frog form when there's water out.

To defeat him, you have to be out of the water, first of all. This can be annoying at times, because one of the enemy's attacks in Frog form involve jumping at you and grabbing you, after which he can throw you back in the water.

A few hits with your sword and he's done. He's a wily one, though...

Do you guys think this is good?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
He sounds a lot like the frog/turtle thing from MM, clownbot. I think he has potential though.

Anyway, guys, here's a list of things I'm gonna start on.

Cucco Bomb (I have an AMMAAZZZINNNGGG idea for an Ooccoo bomb but I don't know if they're in this game. :<. I'll do it anyway.)

Ear of Sheikah
Kami Keese
Chu Blobs
Selepria Serpents.

P.s. guys I really want to go ahead and draw the medallions or relics you get from defeating the bosses, like the three spiritual stones or the fused shadow mask. Any where these can belong? If this zeld agame follows tradition then there needs to be 3 places to visit/people to rescue at the beginning before the triforce comes into the picture. We probably need sages too.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
P.s. guys I really want to go ahead and draw the medallions or relics you get from defeating the bosses, like the three spiritual stones or the fused shadow mask. Any where these can belong? If this zeld agame follows tradition then there needs to be 3 places to visit/people to rescue at the beginning before the triforce comes into the picture. We probably need sages too.
I don't think this project HAS to follow tradition, but at the very least, yeah, we do need sages. I'll try to think of some later (heck, maybe Voile could secretly be one). Do you have any ideas as far as sage characters go?

EDIT: Also, about your comment on my Sub-Boss idea, I've never played MM. If I had, I probably would've realized they were similar and not posted the idea. :p

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Oh no no no, I didn't mean it like that. I like references to other Zelda games here and there. I just figured (assuming you had played MM at the time) that you might be interested in making the sub boss some kind of re-incarnation of the frog back for revenge.

Anyway, this selepria serpent's head is getting a little frustrating so I think I'll move onto the oocoo bomb for now.

I'm gonna go ahead and say the "bomb" is a mechanical ooccoo clone. They basically walk around like regular ooccoos but when you grab them off the floor and throw them into the air(like a bomb flower of sorts), the head pops off and the body flies around. You can control the bomb as it flies by using the head as a remote control of sorts, or alternative L target an enemy and throw it to make hte ooccoo bomb hone in on them like a heat seeker.

If you slash them with a sword or explode them near the ooccoo bombs near them, they'll all heat-seek you like cuccos.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Hey, I like the idea for the sub-boss fight, Clownbot. Perhaps this amphibian could be mutated through all the pollutants in the water. But as for the boss of the Mining Facility, I was thinking something like the boss of Nokki Bay (or whatever) in Super Mario Sunshine (whoohoo!). We can keep Selepria Wyrm, as I really love that idea, but I wanted this boss to be monumentally huge, and equally challenging, not like the boss of the Lakebed Temple in TP.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hey, I like the idea for the sub-boss fight, Clownbot. Perhaps this amphibian could be mutated through all the pollutants in the water. But as for the boss of the Mining Facility, I was thinking something like the boss of Nokki Bay (or whatever) in Super Mario Sunshine (whoohoo!). We can keep Selepria Wyrm, as I really love that idea, but I wanted this boss to be monumentally huge, and equally challenging, not like the boss of the Lakebed Temple in TP.
Pollution, again?
What about.... he's part mining machine?
He's a tunnel master, and just plain mean?

No ideas. It's just that the pollution idea has been pretty used. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom