• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Karmacide is the biggest man i've ever met :eek:

also i agree with him and his viewpoint, removing MK doesn't fix brawl's various problems, most of which are more of an issue than MK himself is. just play it as it is, if you really want a REALLY GOOD competitive brawl, then support the balanced brawl project. simple as that.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wichita Smashers that voted Yes to ban Meta Knight in the new poll:
  • 4RCE
  • Aqua4ever
  • ChaosTheoryX
  • DeathxTouch (4do)
  • Dilly04 (4RCE's Friend)
  • Ratman
  • xDarkZhaox (Zhao)

Next time I meet up with any of you let's discuss this subject, k?

I'd like to hear each of your own strong pro-ban arguments, which I'm assuming must stem from debates you've each been in concerning this subject, things you've each seen and learned from at important out-of-state tournaments you've been to, and logical/ethical/scientific reasoning that each of you agree with.

*coughcough*

Ratman

Smash Journeyman
  • 4RCE
  • Aqua4ever
  • ChaosTheoryX
  • DeathxTouch (4do)
  • Ratman
  • xDarkZhaox (Zhao)

I'd like to hear each of your own strong pro-ban arguments, which I'm assuming must stem from debates you've each been in concerning this subject, things you've each seen and learned from at important out-of-state tournaments you've been to, and logical/ethical/scientific reasoning that each of you agree with.

*coughcough*
Aw shiiit.... i didnt know there was a test

Cook

Smash Master
Instead of belittling how I interpreted the arguments, you could have simply left your first paragraph as your counter. Many arguments on both sides of the issue are fallacious, but I'm not going around pointing them out, I'm just stating my opinion. And these opinions are coming from a guy who A. Refuses to learn/play metaknight (and, to this day, never has except in randoms) and B. Hates fighting any and all metaknight players, whether they're horribad at the character or godly.
I wasn't really belittling you. It's not like it was a personal attack or anything, I was just pointing out that what you said was fallacious. Don't take it personally. The reason I don't point out that stuff in the poll thread is because that thing moves WAAAAAY too fast to keep up with. But if I see something on a board that I can keep up with that I think doesn't make sense and that I feel somewhat strongly about I usually say something. You stated your opinion, I pointed out why I thought your reasoning was flawed.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I should probably pick a side in the metaban. On the one hand, I see nothing but good things for the community if he gets banned. It does very little beyond make the game a little more balanced for Pit, ROB and Marth. On the other, it's generally a really really stupid idea to ban characters.

Steven: You should totally try Jin. I think you'll like him.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom plays Jin. Ky also plays Jin. Ky's the better player, but I'm supposedly more...licentious I supposedly do crappier setups.

fragbait

Smash Master
I voted in the ban arguement.

BlazBlue people: I play Nu. Not because she's broken, but I have fun with her/him/it. I'd like to pick it up. I need moar brawl practice though, as Gotan's Wii is now in storage.

I HAVE A CELL NOW:
316 305 8535
Call or text anytime!
EDIT: I'd also like to get in on T6 when it comes out. I think I'll stick with King

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright... so apparently the replacement Oil Drum Alley/Fear Factory menu music file had better volume, but I ****ed up the loop.

This one new replacement works perfectly though. Perfect loop and volume. Guaranteed :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tygmnrynhj0

Same thing; put it in the folder shown below, overwriting the W30 file you already have:

private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > Sound > strm

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
  • 4RCE
  • Aqua4ever
  • ChaosTheoryX
  • DeathxTouch (4do)
  • Ratman
  • xDarkZhaox (Zhao)

*coughcough*
Dillon says he didn't vote. That was his brother on his account who would definitely want MK banned because he sucks nuts at the match up. Yes, I realize you're probably reading this Tony. Hi.

Dillon is neutral so I don't think he'd vote.

As far as I go, I've already told you. I don't really think he's broken, I mean he's obviously the best character. I just want to have all the meta knight mains go to the other characters. I like the diversity aspect of it all.

But other then that, I think most people know MK is my favorite match-up. How did you get that list anyway?

Holms

Smash Ace
You can click "view poll results" to see who voted for or against the ban. I refuse to vote because I don't like the notion of being interrogated if I make a certain decision. =/

Nicole

Smash Champion
I should probably pick a side in the metaban. On the one hand, I see nothing but good things for the community if he gets banned. It does very little beyond make the game a little more balanced for Pit, ROB and Marth. On the other, it's generally a really really stupid idea to ban characters.

Steven: You should totally try Jin. I think you'll like him.
Just these three characters? What about...

Peach? Olimar? Toon Link? Game & Watch? Ike? Wolf? Luigi? Sonic (who IS mid tier now)? Ness?

I guess that's enough characters...but basically anyone who's recovery can be gimped.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
You shouldn't let anyone else's opinion affect your own. If you want to vote for a ban or not, then go ahead and do it. You're just doing a disservice to yourself otherwise.

Nicole the other character have something your examples dont. They specifically cant do well in tournament just because of Meta Knight. Eliminating MK doesnt make Marth and Snake stop ****** Peach or make DDD and ROB stop beating Ike or Toon Link stop getting wrecked by Marth, etc.

Fino

Smash Master
  • 4RCE
  • Aqua4ever
  • ChaosTheoryX
  • DeathxTouch (4do)
  • Ratman
  • xDarkZhaox (Zhao)

*coughcough*
Lol... I somehow dodged this list =D Ban the ***** =P

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master
You shouldn't let anyone else's opinion affect your own. If you want to vote for a ban or not, then go ahead and do it. You're just doing a disservice to yourself otherwise.

Nicole the other character have something your examples dont. They specifically cant do well in tournament just because of Meta Knight. Eliminating MK doesnt make Marth and Snake stop ****** Peach or make DDD and ROB stop beating Ike or Toon Link stop getting wrecked by Marth, etc.
Who shuts down Olimar besides MK? Also, Marth does not shut Peach down by any means and Snake pretty much goes even with her.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Who shuts down Olimar besides MK? Also, Marth does not shut Peach down by any means and Snake pretty much goes even with her.
ASC I'm going to pretend for a second this matters and introduce you to Luigi, Marth and Peach for Olimar. and remind you that Snake has a move that outspeeds most of and outranges every move Peach has. And it kills. At low percentage. Hi, I'm Snake and I have Up tilt. Also why you even care that I didnt select your character for a list of three in an example statement is ********, so this will be the last I say on it. Now go find something better to waste your time on.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
You can click "view poll results" to see who voted for or against the ban. I refuse to vote because I don't like the notion of being interrogated if I make a certain decision. =/
To anyone that reads the following, please read the whole thing.
It can be horribly misconstrued if you don't.

I only listed those players because most of the people on that list (with the definite exceptions of ChaosTheory and 4RCE) don't have reasons for voting Yes, outside of "I can't beat him," and they simply just don't have enough competitive experience to support their arguments or how they voted. That's why I decided to make it a Wichita list instead of a Kansas list. Fino is experienced enough to have actual reasons, and MJG is a smart dude that's definitely on his way to getting up to the top. Also, after seeing 4RCE's post, I remember him saying his reasons before. Although I don't agree with his argument, he definitely has a argument that he can bring to the table without being laughed at and called a scrub within the first 5 sec, if you know what I mean.

I have no problem with people voting Yes as long as they have legit reasons for doing so, instead of just voting Yes to vote Yes. Some people don't understand how powerful of a debate this is and how much is will affect this community if MK does get banned. It is NOT a joke
*coughratmancoughandycough*

Overall Holms, vote however you want. You're a smart guy and I know either way you vote, it will be logical.

I'm not sure if most people will understand what I mean by reading this, but I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to make people not vote Yes. Everyone is 100% free to vote however they want, it's just that what I brought up earlier in this post is what's irritating me personally. I am NOT saying that certain people aren't allowed to vote. It's just that when something like this affects us MK mainers so greatly, and if MK does get banned, I would like for it to be a legit decision.

And yes, I'm aware that the poll will only be a little percentage of the final decision, but every vote still counts.

Everything above is just how I'm feeling and my opinion about the whole thing. As I said earlier, vote how you want, I just hope it's a vote with logical reasoning behind it.

If anyone has a huge issue with this post, you probably don't fully understand what I'm saying. Feel free to PM me with your thoughts; I'd be happy to clarify myself.

/rant

fragbait

Smash Master
To anyone that reads the following, please read the whole thing.
It can be horribly misconstrued if you don't.

I only listed those players because most of the people on that list (with the definite exceptions of ChaosTheory and 4RCE) don't have reasons for voting Yes, outside of "I can't beat him," and they simply just don't have enough competitive experience to support their arguments or how they voted. That's why I decided to make it a Wichita list instead of a Kansas list. Fino is experienced enough to have actual reasons, and MJG is a smart dude that's definitely on his way to getting up to the top. Also, after seeing 4RCE's post, I remember him saying his reasons before. Although I don't agree with his argument, he definitely has a argument that he can bring to the table without being laughed at and called a scrub within the first 5 sec, if you know what I mean.

I have no problem with people voting Yes as long as they have legit reasons for doing so, instead of just voting Yes to vote Yes. Some people don't understand how powerful of a debate this is and how much is will affect this community if MK does get banned. It is NOT a joke
*coughratmancoughandycough*

Overall Holms, vote however you want. You're a smart guy and I know either way you vote, it will be logical.

I'm not sure if most people will understand what I mean by reading this, but I don't want to make it look like I'm trying to make people not vote Yes. Everyone is 100% free to vote however they want, it's just that what I brought up earlier in this post is what's irritating me personally. I am NOT saying that certain people aren't allowed to vote. It's just that when something like this affects us MK mainers so greatly, and if MK does get banned, I would like for it to be a legit decision.

And yes, I'm aware that the poll will only be a little percentage of the final decision, but every vote still counts.

Everything above is just how I'm feeling and my opinion about the whole thing. As I said earlier, vote how you want, I just hope it's a vote with logical reasoning behind it.

If anyone has a huge issue with this post, you probably don't fully understand what I'm saying. Feel free to PM me with your thoughts; I'd be happy to clarify myself.

/rant
Thanks for throwing that out there, as I was a little curious as to the nature of your post myself.
As for me? I can admit I'm not that experienced, or smart when it comes to Smash, however, I can agree (and I know this has been brought up before) that MK changes the metagame so much more than anything else I have experienced. He has an answer for practically everything, which no other character in my limited knowledge has, and is a recovery beast with almost nothing I know of to gimp it.
(prepares for incoming "scrub" attacks)

MJG

Smash Hero
Thanks for throwing that out there, as I was a little curious as to the nature of your post myself.
As for me? I can admit I'm not that experienced, or smart when it comes to Smash, however, I can agree (and I know this has been brought up before) that MK changes the metagame so much more than anything else I have experienced. He has an answer for practically everything, which no other character in my limited knowledge has, and is a recovery beast with almost nothing I know of to gimp it.
(prepares for incoming "scrub" attacks)
Well...he doesn't have an answer for absolutely EVERYTHING..but he has an easier time countering most characters in only a "situational" stand point (Characters going off of the ledge for an easy gimp)

MK mains do struggle against other characters, believe it or not. Im pretty sure that they would get annoyed with a character running around all day throwing projectiles at them and then sending them back out once they get too close (love tlink <3)

Anyways...i highly doubt that MK will be banned. He is not the biggest concern for me at this moment..

Like inferno said, Marth can get under Toonlinks skin anyways just because his fair beats out our arrows and boomerangs which leaves us with bombs? We cant run around throwing stuff at Marth with his amazing speed and range.

This may just be me but it seems like a bunch of people voted yes because of the issue of being "gimped" too easily. Just don't play near the ledge...seriously. I just try to get back to the middle of the stage as soon as possible because in my mind, the battle against MK on stage is about 50:50 but once i go off stage, I feel like its 70:30 due to my limited options.

I would also like to hear people's opinions on why they voted yes or no for this issue that could affect the entire community.

Can't believe i am saying this but id rather play a MK main than a Marth Main

Ratman

Smash Journeyman
Affinity.. i voted yes to ban metaknight cause i cant beat em.. my policy is that i ban everyone cuz i cant beat any of you guys

Cook

Smash Master
ASC I'm going to pretend for a second this matters and introduce you to Luigi, Marth and Peach for Olimar. and remind you that Snake has a move that outspeeds most of and outranges every move Peach has. And it kills. At low percentage. Hi, I'm Snake and I have Up tilt. Also why you even care that I didnt select your character for a list of three in an example statement is ********, so this will be the last I say on it. Now go find something better to waste your time on.
Ha, calm down, dude, it's just some friendly debate. I wasn't responding to your list of three characters. That was Nicole. I was responding to you saying that those three characters you listed can't do well in tournament specifically because of MK, whereas the characters she listed have other bad matchups that hold them back. Anyway, Luigi, Peach and Marth definitely don't shut Olimar down the same way MK does; they don't even come close in my book (Marth is the best, but still very beatable). Also, Snake's up-tilt does not even come close to shutting down Peach since it is not at all easy to land. The way the matchup works is that Peach racks damage on Snake easily, but can't kill him. Snake can kill early, but has a lot of trouble landing hits. It's very even.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I think ICs have a better matchup against Olimar than MK. lol blizzard.

Not to mention ROB vs MK(Holy beats every MK in canada) and marth vs MK(Mikehaze takes M2K to game 5 at Evo) are not bad matchups at all, I dunno about Pit.

Snake has so much better matchups than MK anyway LOL

Top Bottom