• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Double's Discussion *New Discussion 8/09/09*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby's Double's Discussion

As to increase the Kirby meta game, I will present you Kirby's Double's Discussion, where we discuss how, when, or what should you perform when your on teams with another character. As many people know, double's in tourney's are much harder than singles since you have to worry about not KOing your partner, making sure you and your partner is not a dead weight, and make sure you and your partner is not double teamed. The details I want to hear when it discussion time come's would be:

Strategy

*What ideas should Kirby and his partner perform? What set up's can you able to do, and what should you take advantage of.*

Powers to Copy

*This would be a big one, should you take your partners power and add it to your advantage? Some powers can lead to big advantages for Kirby to help take on, (Snake, Samus, Pikachu), some powers can lead to assists, (Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Lucas), some powers can help when setting up, (Ike, Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus), and there are some that won't help you much, (Fox, Marth, Peach), and there are some that is just awful and is extremely hard to set up, (Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Olimar). Like I said, it's a big one. ^_^;*

Over All Performance

*Last one I'll expect to see. How good is this team? Will this team dominate every team, or will this team sink? And explain why of course.*

Also ratings will be rated by star, for example:

★★★★★ God Like Team
★★★★ Powerful Team
★★★ Good Team
★★ Awful Team
★ God Why I Pick This Team
☆ Half of a Rating

Discussion on 7/26/09 - 8/01/09:

:mario2:
:snake:
:pikachu2:
:sonic:
:rob:

Discussion on 8/01/09 - 8/09/09:

:marth:
:metaknight:

Discussion on 8/09/09 - 8/16/09:

:peach:
:diddy:

Discussion on 8/16/09 - 8/28/09:

:dk2:
:luigi2:
:dedede:

Discussion on 8/29/09 - 9/9/09:

:toonlink:
:olimar:
:pit:

Discussion on 9/09/09 - 9/25/09:

:gw:
:falco:
:wario:
:lucario:
:pt:
:fox:
:shiek:
:lucas:

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Hm, cool thread, definitely needs a sticky :D.

:snake:

Snake

Strategies

Snake will be the stock tank in a team like this, while kirby is almost the exact opposite, quick and light. Kirby can save Snake from gimps, either by hitting him towards the stage with an attack (with almost no risk of KO'ing him) or inhaling and copying/spitting out, depending on what direction he needs to go (also gives back his cypher). Kirby can also edguard anyone attempting to edguard Snake with a dair and most likely get a KO and help his teammate to safety. He can strap a C4 onto Kirby and explode it when Kirby uses his uthrow to omnigay the opponent. For set-ups, be creative, Kirby and Snake work really well together, just try not to hit Kirby with any broken disjoints.

Copy His Power?

Yes.YESYESYES. Snake with grenades is annoying, right? Kirby with grenades is even MORE so. His floatiness allows him to abuse it much better than Snake, and it doubles the amount of pain the opponents are in while fighting just one of him. Be creative with this too! You can both camp, or one can continually camp and the other fights off people who get too close, or whatever...

Here's something straight from a Snake guide:

I. Grenades
Fire in the hole!

Grenades are possibly Snake's most used special, and for good reason. They have nice explosive damage and knockback, along with a surprisingly large blast radius and a lot of versatility in usage. Using the different angles of throwing (you also get a more horizontal angle and faster throwing speed if you shield drop your grenade and throw it like an item), you can usually contend well against other projectile users.

Shield-dropping
If you shield while you're holding a grenade, you will drop the grenade on the floor as Snake shields. You can proceed to roll away and let it sit there, or immediately pick it up to give it throwing properties similar to any item. Picking up a shield-dropped nade allows for more versatility, being able to throw it up, down, backwards, or forward, and at a greater distance. You are also not restricted to the standard grenade stance, giving you more mobility. In addtion, by shield dropping grenades, you can put up a formidable defense for yourself. This technique can aid in controlling the stage by providing temporary grenade barriers between you and your opponent, or placing quick grenade edgeguards on the ledge. It's also a cruicial technique to set up for Grenade Cooking, Grenade Stripping, and Grenade Countering. More on that in a bit.

Grenade Cooking
A very important skill to learn is "cooking" grenades, basically holding back a throw long enough so that the nade explodes near or upon impact once you do throw it. Experiment on your own to figure out your own method of cooking. There's the simple method where you just pull a grenade out, shield drop and pick it up again if you want for a quicker throw, and then just stand and wait until your desired time and chuck it(that's me :p). Some people go so far as to air dodge/drop & re-catch with an aerial. In my opinion, it's your preference really. Varying your cooking times helps to prevent the opponent from avoiding the blast or throwing it back.

For a wide variety of Grenade Cooking techniques, checking out gammonwalker's guide is a must:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165922

For more info on aerial cooking and some other neat stuff, check out Psychomidget's Snake "tricksies" thread & vid:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157093

Grenade Stripping
Another useful trick is grenade stripping. After throwing a nade, you can time a shield drop of the second nade so that when you do so, it stops the first nade's travel in midair. I don't know how the heck this works, but it's pretty **** cool and very useful at preventing your nades from being thrown back. Watch the suprise on your opponent when they pick up a nade and you time the grenade strip just right so that the instant they throw it, it hasn't moved an inch. By then, it blows up in their face. :laugh:

Lots of kudos to Thechene and WarriorJ for this discovery and sharing it, original thread here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157592

Grenade Countering
Simply put, if you're holding a grenade and the opponent hits you, in turn hitting the grenade, the nade will explode and hurt both you and your opponent. If you're shielding, the blast only hurts the opponent after and you come out unscathed, so essentially you can dub it a grenade counter. This nade trick is invaluable. It can help get you out of tight situations when you're being overwhelmed, and can cause hesitation in your opponent, making them think twice about attacking when you've got a nade on hand. This hesitation can either give you a breather or give you an opening to start being aggressive. There's a few variations of grenade countering. If you see your opponent approaching with an attack, pull out out a nade and roll out of the way at the last moment. They'll get hurt by the nade, and you're free from shield stun to follow up with an attack. As an approach, you can also pick up the grenade through a dash attack at your opponent, then immediately shield at the end as the nade explodes.

More misc. grenade tricks, contributed by Ruuku:

Hey abit_rusty, here's some of my grenade strats if you happen to be interested. These mostly are about edge guarding.

- you can drop a grenade by the edge, roll back and drop a second. Watch what your opponent does and hit him with an aerial, u.smash, or u.tilt if he jumps.

- from a safe distance, "cook" a grenade then throw at your recovering opponent. Use grenade stripping to make it drop with more accuracy.

- drop a grenade, catch it, then edgehog. The invincibility frames you get from grabbing the edge protect you from the explosion. I call it explosive edge hog, hahaha.

- drop a grenade by the edge, catch it, then throw it down. Roll back and drop another. Rinse and repeat while mixing it with tilts and u.smashes in between.

Did I mention the fact that I love grenades??
I felt like putting a stage thing on this would be a good idea, but I honestly don't know what order to put stuff in...

Stages (in order of priority): (I thought this should be added)
Lylat Cruise – A great stage for both Kirby and Snake, but if you two are inexperience at working together, Snake's explosives (which are almost invisible in the dark background) will be hard for you to deal with.
Brinstar - Kirby is a great character on Brinstar, and Snake is even better. Snake can KO ridiculously early with utilt, has trouble getting edguarded because of lava and...yea, only problem is camping is difficult. Kirby is just normally great on this stage. Only reason not to go here is if your opponents are even better on it.
Delfino Plaza - Most if not all of the transformations are beneficial to both of you, and the tilted platforms also help you without really hindering Snake that much.

Rainbow Cruise or Jungle Japes - You might be good on both of them, but they mess with Snake's game (though JJ not as much as RC). Don't choose them. <-----I don't really know any bad stages to for BOTH of you...then again, I don't really know how good any stages are for snake, and Kirby doesn't have "bad" so much as "Kirby is good on this stage but other chars are better" stages.

Overall Performance

★★★★★ God Like Team

Kirby and Snake work together well, make a team in terms of weight (one heavy char and one light char) can gay opponents easily and help overcome each other's disadvantages. Possibly the only better pairing for Snake is Meta Knight, but if you're trying to beat out MK, don't be too disappointed if you fail...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thanks for your post. I'll get started on Mario now.

MARIO

Strategies

Mario's able to break your opponents grabs with FLUDD by pushing them off the stage, but be warned that if Mario fails to break the grab, it might lead them of you dieing faster because you might be closer to the edge of the stage. Also the Kirby's grab release to Mario's F-Smash is win when your double teaming. And if Mario's knocked too far to the point he can't recover, you can able to inhale and swallow him to give him a boost up so he can use Up-B to recover again.

Copy?

Mario's Fireballs will help Kirby on most enemies. Though characters like Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, and Lucas will absorb the Fireballs, characters like Falco, Wolf, Fox, Pit, and Zelda all have good reflecting and is less punishable than the characters that could absorb them. Your able to use Mario's powers to disrupt your opponents to add an extra attack, as long as it's not the characters with good super armor when they attack you like Wario, Donkey Kong, or Ike.

Overall Performance

Mario and Kirby is pretty much above average, though not a very dangerous team. The flaws are characters with great attack range, (Marth, King Dedede, Snake, Meta Knight, etc). Also there's not much team performance that can be done except taking the fight on 1 vs 1 on your opponents. But over all, Mario and Kirby is a fun team to have, but your most likely not going to go very far with them depending on what skill level you and your partners are.

Rating

★★★☆

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Oooh this is a great thread! I was thinking of making something like this a while ago but never got round to it =O

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
PIKACHU

Strategies

Kirby and Pikachu can perform many different types of strategies, even those that are crazy like Kirby's U-Throw, to Pikachu's Down-B on the right timing and place, you just have to make sure you don't hit Kirby, lol. Most of Pikachu's electric attacks can able to stun your opponents to the point you get to perform many assist while double teaming, or set up's with Pikachu's D-Smash to an air attack from Kirby. Solo skills on both characters are great, you may switch up since Kirby and Pikachu have bad match up's on different characters, but your able to double team them more often since Pikachu has ground control, while Kirby has air control.

Copy?

Pikachu's Thunder Jolt is one of Kirby's best powers, I'll recommend you copy this power every time you start the match or lose the power. Your able to spam this move and not able to get much punishment by reflectors, however Kirby can be predictable with Thunder Jolt if you use it too many times. Absorbing characters like Ness, Lucas, and Mr. Game & Watch will wait for you to use Thunder Jolt, so be careful of when using it. Most characters in the router will be pretty mad if Kirby copies Pikachu's power because he can spam the crap out of it without getting punished, (if you jump and use Thunder Jolt while hopping backwards).

Overall Performance

If you want a cute epic team, you got it. Pikachu and Kirby were meant to be on teams because characters with Kirby's bad match up's like Snake, Ice Climbers, and Wario will no longer be a huge problem for Kirby. However Mr. Game & Watch and Marth is still be a pain to deal with and will require more much strategy to handle, not to forget Meta Knight, though everyone knew that. 3 characters out of 39 is just a minor flaw to what this team can perform on the rest of the cast.

Rating

★★★★★

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
if you guys don't mind could you guys maybe do one with ROB? i'll be teaming with one in about two weeks for doubles.

this is a great thread.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
if you guys don't mind could you guys maybe do one with ROB? i'll be teaming with one in about two weeks for doubles.
No problem. Me and Mr.E was on teams before, his R.O.B. and my Kirby so I have a good R.O.B. experience. I'll have my thoughts up later on today.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Very nice thread Viper. Good info to read. I need to improve my teams game so this thread should help me out a lot.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thanks, I'll do my best to help out.

R.O.B.

Strategies

You'll mostly perform 1 vs 1 battles because most of R.O.B.'s attacks would hurt his teammates. This teams set up's are also limited to air set up's with Kirby juggles the opponent to the air while R.O.B. finished them off with his N-Air or B-Air. You could also set up spikes with R.O.B. with Kirby knocks his foe out of the stage, and then R.O.B. finishes him with a D-Air spike. Epic win. The best strategy is for Kirby to handle big, or projectile spamming characters, and R.O.B. to handle characters with good range and fast characters.

Copy?

Though a good power to when 1 vs 1, using R.O.B.'s lasers as an assist would require a high amount of training. There's always a chance you would hit your own partner because the laser would go pass your opponent if he doesn't block it. When Kirby or R.O.B. fires the lasers, make sure you either block it, dodge it, or if Kirby, duck under it. If your not very experienced with the lasers, use it on 1 vs 1 battles on doubles.

Overall Performance

Kirby and R.O.B. is a popular team, maybe it's because Kirby looks so cute with R.O.B.'s hat, lol. This team mostly shines on 1 vs 1 and character swap skills than assist. The characters that would be a pain would be Snake, and Meta Knight mostly, characters like Marth won't be much of a problem if R.O.B. handles the Marth main. Over all, you'll mostly perform 1 vs 1 in all your battles with not much assist. This team is great to have, but you might have to make sure who you fight 1 vs 1 and if either Kirby or R.O.B. could handle them, if Kirby can't handle his opponent, make sure you switch by attempting to knock away your trouble fight, and join up with R.O.B. so you could either switch, or double team when you knock away the character you have difficult fighting.

Rating

★★★★

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby destroys with MK in his team. One MK is bad enough, but TWO flying gimping puffballs with different attacks having different properties? ...But I guess MK goes well with anyone. :lick:

I've been recently doing Kirby + Pika, it's great if you're in sync with each other! In our first match, without any prior practice we pulled off a kirby uthrow > pika downB, and we were so excited because we read each other's midns and pulled it off perfectly! :chuckle:

Snake is great as a kirby ally too, since Snake sets up for many things... Snake dthrow > Kirby fsmash hits all the time if you're charging your fshasm and you let go as soon as Snake drops the opponent (try and make the hitbox be active by when the opponent is on the floor, so it takes some practice getting the right frames to work), plus with Kirby's jumping abilities, you can footstool Snake while he's trying to recover with upB, giving him his cypher back and avoiding self-damage with c4.

Hmm... I'd rather not swallow anyone, randomly inhaling your ally and spitting them out on your opponent has not failed me AT ALL so far, especially considering how **** strong the star spit is...

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Hope I'm not too late, but I'm adding to the Mario + Kirby team strategies.
Well, for some reason, if Mario uses Cape on a opponent that has just been uthrowed by Kirby, the Cape gives them some wierd upward momentum, killing them at much lower %s then Kirby's uthrow usually would. Kills around 80% I think. Using the top platform of Battlefield, it could probably kill around 50%. It sounds stupid, but it works, lol. It's like Mario + Luigi's Cape **** technique in a way. Here is a vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpF88hqgdwg&feature=related. And yeah, it works for both Kirby's and MK's uthrow.
Also, Kirbyciding. Kirby can inhale an opponent and Mario can FLUDD Kirby off the stage for a quick and easy Kirbycide. Combine it with the stagespike and you got a pretty easy kill set-up. :) If you could somehow pull these off early in a 2v2 they could give you a good momentum of the match.
Sorry if these have been mentioned before.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby + R.O.B. Team

Team Synergy
These two partner so well together because of a number of factors. The first is the fact that ROB has trouble getting KOs at low to moderate percentages. With Kirby, the team's KO potential goes up quite a bit since Kirby's F-smash, Hammer, Giant Swing, and Stone are all much easier to land than in 1-on-1.

Another benefit is the fact that ROB is a heavy character that is hard to kill. Both he and Kirby have an easy time recovering off stage, but ROB is even more resilient with his ability to survive to higher percents, Meteor Cancel with ease, and fly back to the stage from practically anywhere. In addition to this, both ROB and Kirby can assist each other in recovery by attacking edge guarders or boosting their parter with attacks should Kirby be out of jumps or ROB out of fuel.

Finally, ROB covers an important part of Kirby's weakness and that is short range and poor priority. ROB can take on opponents that Kirby might have trouble with and leave Kirby to take care of easier match-ups; these include Marth, Snake, and Olimar to name a few. Kirby in return has an easy time staying out of ROB's way with his small stature, quick hits, short crouch, and evasivness. This allows ROB to fight with a good deal of freedom.

Team Tactics
For the most part, this team will be breaking off to fight individually but this does not mean team tactics are not a very important part of the overall strategy. Even while fighting separately, it's important for both ROB and Kirby to watch each other's back in case one or the other gets into trouble. For instance, ROB is susceptible to Dedede's chaingrabs and will need Kirby's help in breaking out and taking as little damage from a grab as possible.

Breaking grabs with both ROB and Kirby is a very important technique. Kirby will want to use a quick hit that deals little damage and/or disrupts the opponent greatly. What you do NOT want to do is run in and break the grab with a strong hit - if you use something like a Smash Attack you'll be dealing as much or more damage as the opponent's throw, might KO your partner, and leave yourself lagged. Instead, use your tilts, a Jab, or if you're far away you can go for Dash Attack or a Final Cutter shot. Likewise with ROB, don't use things like F-smash or full-charged Gyros. Just walk up and jab or tilt, or send a laser at the enemy if you're far away.

Both players should learn what their partner's attacks do and how to follow-up on them without getting in the way. For instance, Kirby's D-air can lead right into an attack from ROB, but ROB should know that Kirby can follow-up his D-air with a Grab, F-smash, or Dash Attack. This means that the ROB player should have something worked out with Kirby ahead of time so he assists the D-air instead of getting caught up in the follow-up or messing up Kirby's follow-up. For instance, ROB could jab someone out of Kirby's D-air to force them into Kirby's F-smash, or he might charge his F-smash while Kirby runs in, Grabs and holds them in place.

Kirby can combo out of a lot of things that ROB does too. ROB's combos are fairly limted, but Kirby can work off ROB's D-throw, U-throw, D-smash, U-tilt, N-air and F-Special. Situational combos can also be pulled off with such things as ROB's D-air spike sending an opponent onto the stage right in front of Kirby to Jab lock or F-smash/Hammer.

Some of the most obvious team tactics revolve around grabs. ROB grab-releaseing into Kirby's Hammer will KO most anyone at around the 90% mark. Things get a little trickier when Kirby's the one doing the grabbing since ROB's KO options are fairly weak, but at high enouh percents a grab-release into ROB's full-charged F-smash could do the trick, as can a D-throw into ROB's N-air. You can also try a F-throw into ROB's U-smash, though the spacing is a bit tight. If you're in a 2-on-1 situation you have a lot more leeway and can usually just Grab-Release from Kirby to ROB and then finish the opponent off with a charged Smash Attack or Hammer.

Some 2-on-1 options to build up damage on the opponent's fresh stock include "Locks". To start one, either F-throw with Kirby into ROB's D-air, or D-throw with ROB into Kirby's Footstool. Both Kirby and ROB have an attack that locks a downed opponent, ROB can D-tilt Lock, and Kirby can either Jab Lock or D-tilt Lock someone. Once locked, you can continually hit the opponent to the edge of the stage at which point Kirby can grab the opponent, dangle them over the edge, and ROB can jump out and spike them with a D-air. Kirby's spikes aren't as powerful, so most of the time it's better just to let the ROB do the spiking, but if you want to do something with Kirby instead you can go for either a Grab-Release, or ROB's U-thow/D-throw into Kirby's Inhale for a Kirbycide, or maybe into his D-air or Giant Swing.

Copy Options
Kirby has a great advantage when teaming with ROB in that he can get one of the best Copy Abilities in the game from his partner. ROB lasers are great in many situations, but you have to be careful when using them. If you just throw them out randomly you have a good chance of messing up your partner's offense/defense. To use lasers prudently is to use them sparingly.

A great time to use your copied lasers is when an opponent is off the stage. You can disrupt their recovery and build damage without fear of hitting your partner (assuming he's not out there also). When fully charged, ROB's lasers can also send a recovering opponent off the screen for a KO - it's possible to do this without a fully-charged laser, but it's much less likely to happen.

Use lasers with your own recovery. Kirby has so many jumps that he can afford to fire off a laser (or two) while making his way back to the stage. Your partner won't be so upset if he happens to get hit by one of these since you're struggling to make it back alive.

Angle your lasers up and down, and bounce them off whatever slopes you find. Not only does this make it harder for your opponents to guess what angle you're fire from, but you can also angle the lasers away from your partner to bounce it around him and hit nearby foes.

Lasers are so fast and reach so far you can use them to help out your partner from across the stage. When your partner is caught in a combo, or is in a grab, send out a laser to disrupt his adversary and help him out. Watch how ROB uses his laser to find out new or interesting things to do in doubles.

Not having Lasers is also an option. Keeping your Inhale ability is always useful in teams for Kirbycides or to use against Shields. Spitting one opponent into another with Star Shot is always amusing and useful, and you can even use ROB for ammunition too! He's a heavy weight and deals strong damage as a Star Shot attack (15%), which can net KO's on light weights at higher percents.

Match-ups
ROB and Kirby do especially well against characters who have trouble with recovery or are easy to KO. Disjointed attacks can give them both trouble, Kirby moreso than ROB. Some difficult characters include Snake, Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, and Marth.

Characters that normally give either ROB or Kirby trouble in 1-on-1 are actually easier with 2-on-2 due to several factors. With Kirby, the added number of opponents makes it easier to get in close and fight, as well as creating a lot more openings for his stronger hits to get in. This makes fighting Snake, Meta Knight, Olimar and Marth easier, though it can still be a difficult situation for Kirby. For ROB his match-ups get easier because his attacks come out quickly and separate people making it easier to disrupt the opponent's team and catch players by surprise. This makes fighting Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Falco easier since he doesn't have to worry so much about making mistakes and getting severely punished, can go for gimps easier, and has a teammate to aid in KOs.

Overall, this team is fairly effective. The drawbacks include Kirby's light weight and short reach and ROB's lack of finesse (bulky attacks and slower speed). The advantages include great recovery, great off-stage game, and good close-quarters fighting.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Great R.O.B. info T!mmy, I almost forgot you and T0mmy were on teams from time to time. T!mmy's post is your best answer on R.O.B. who ever view this thread. Also, I'll start on Sonic soon, though request is still available.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Hope I'm not too late, but I'm adding to the Mario + Kirby team strategies.
Well, for some reason, if Mario uses Cape on a opponent that has just been uthrowed by Kirby, the Cape gives them some wierd upward momentum, killing them at much lower %s then Kirby's uthrow usually would. Kills around 80% I think. Using the top platform of Battlefield, it could probably kill around 50%. It sounds stupid, but it works, lol. It's like Mario + Luigi's Cape **** technique in a way. Here is a vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpF88hqgdwg&feature=related. And yeah, it works for both Kirby's and MK's uthrow.
Also, Kirbyciding. Kirby can inhale an opponent and Mario can FLUDD Kirby off the stage for a quick and easy Kirbycide. Combine it with the stagespike and you got a pretty easy kill set-up. :) If you could somehow pull these off early in a 2v2 they could give you a good momentum of the match.
Sorry if these have been mentioned before.
♣ That video was so sick, and plus it works with Meta Knight and Kirby. Yea, this should be added to the important post of this thread about Mario. Also, great thread. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Usually when my friends and i play teams, Im usually teaming with Diddy Kong or Marth. Help with those 2 would be appreciated when you get a chance. Thanks.
Marth I can help you with, Diddy Kong I never had a good team experience with so I might need another person to help me with Diddy Kong. I'll start Marth as soon as I can.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i always have bad teams experiences with Diddy Kong....cause i have to always watch out for those **** bananas lol. And my friend uses them a lot....

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
By al means assist, I need all the help I can get. Sorry that I've been slacking on my duties, I'll the the new topic on later on today.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby & Sonic teams info:

Don't team with Sonic.
Ever.

The end.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sonic

Strategies

This team is more of a surprise and trick team, meaning you'll have to catch your opponents off guard. You can have set up's like Sonic's U-Smash to Kirby's Down-B and possibly kill around 90ish or so. Most of your assist strategies would be aerial surprise attacks when you have the right timing.

Copy?
I might be over saying this, but copying Sonic's power is a bad idea. Your Homing Attack is just like a bullet, it doesn't have a name and will hit anyone, even your partner if he's too close. Only use you'll have with this power is a surprise attack, or trying to recover, since Kirby has a great recovery, you won't need Homing Attack. To add, if your Homing Attack is blocked, you will be punished, just hope your not facing a character that can punish you very well.

Overall Performance

This is a team you need to stay away from unless your facing characters that Sonic has an advantage to. Characters with large hit box or campy characters will destroy this team, unless the other team doesn't know how to fight a Sonic main, you will mostly pull up Sonic's weight as he is mostly the, "must kill" target just about the whole match. Unless your fighting big slow characters, or characters with very little hit box, you'll be lucky to hit top 20 out of a 64 person tourney.

Rating

★☆

This is from my point of view after experiencing different teams with my teammate being Sonic and I as Kirby.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You can have set up's like Sonic's U-Smash to Kirby's Down-B and possibly kill around 90ish or so.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this combo more than likely crush Sonic with the Stone, also?

Here's moar info on this team...

Team Combos:
Sonic can do anything any other teammate could do, just not as well.

Copy?
No. Copy somone else, even if there are nothing but Kirbies on the other team.

Overall Performance:
Sux.

Tournament Advice:
Help the opposing team kill Sonic.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Copy?
No. Copy somone else, even if there are nothing but Kirbies on the other team.

Overall Performance:
Sux.

Tournament Advice:
Help the opposing team kill Sonic.
This is the funniest **** i've read all day LOL

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this combo more than likely crush Sonic with the Stone, also?
If your too low using Stone, if Sonic launches high enough while your setting your postion to use Stone, your able to hit your opponents without hitting Sonic. The only flaw of this strategy is around 90ish percent your able to escape Sonic's U-Smash if you DI properly. But if a sacrifices have to be made and you can't reach your position in time, you mind as well hit your partner in the posses. =P

Also your post was so epic, I almost sigged it. XD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Marth

Strategies

This team has a good amount of set ups, opponent switches, and saves assist. Set up's for starts is good for this team, having Kirby juggle while Marth, (if your opponent has a high percent of you get the tipper), finishes them off. Opponent switches would require you both to not face your bad match up or some that are even worst than the other, (example Marth has it bad for Meta Knight, and King Dedede where Kirby can help with those battles. And Kirby has it bad for Snake, and Mr. Game & Watch, were Marth can help with those battles). Save assist is a big one for this team, Marth is fast enough to come out of the shadows and attack anyone that's giving Kirby a hard time, Kirby has Final Cutter to interrupt your opponent that's messing with Marth, (if you don't hit Marth with it). Not to forget that if Marth is unable to recover if he get's gimped or edgegard, you can save him with Swallow or using Stone, (though using Stone might kill him than save him, but it drop's down pretty fast to help, lol).

Copy?

Marth's powers to Kirby is a maybe/maybe not kind. Your able to perform more attack options like a shield breaking strategy or so. Over all, you might not use Marth's power a lot since Kirby's Marth power has very little range, and won't need it for recovery options.

Overall Performance

A pretty solid team, the flaw is that they share bad match up's like Snake, Meta Knight and maybe Donkey Kong. This team also lack projectile options which would mean that long range assist is not an option in this team. But over all this team will place you high in a tourney because with Kirby's juggling and grab skills, and Marth's swift attacks and punishing skills will make most people will fear you.

Rating

★★★★

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
META KNIGHT

Strategies

This team has lots of set up's, double team finishers, juggling, assist, and stage control. If you see Meta Knight doing most of the work, you wouldn't be surprise because how fast he is with his assist, and attacks. Of course Meta Knight can't get everyone because even he has match up's that Kirby can handle better, (Falco, Diddy Kong, etc). This team has two characters with great grab strategies as well as grab releases one's, you can able to perform Meta Knight's U-Throw, with Kirby waiting with this U-Smash for the kill, or have Kirby to hold his opponent while Meta Knight uses his F-Smash or D-Smash for the kill.

Copy?

If you do not have Meta Knight's power, somethings wrong with you. Meta Knight's power will help you and your partner beyond 100% along with stage control. Not to mention that Meta Knight's power is one of Kirby's best power to have, don't forget to copy it when you have the time or make sure you clear the stage so you can copy it. Your opponent will hate you for copying this power for number of reasons, assist purposes, air control, stage control, and not to forget combos.

Overall Performance

With this team, you can not go wrong, Kirby and Meta Knight will rule the whole game if they have to. With Kirby's KO power and grab combos along with Meta Knight's super swift attacks, and stage control, you have everything on lock. No noticeable projectiles is the only weakness to this team, but that's not going to stop this team from getting into first place.

Rating

★★★★★

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
META KNIGHT

Copy?

If you do not have Meta Knight's power, somethings wrong with you.
I guess something's wrong with me! :D

I prefer kirbiciding (or spitting out under the stage) and have MK follow the opponent if he/she attempts to escape, while I recover safely.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
(MK discussion)

have Kirby to hold his opponent while Meta Knight uses his F-Smash or D-Smash for the kill.
make sure your partner knows how to space smash attacks,
or you're risking kirby getting killed as well.

oh, and another great strategy:
use kirby's inhale to shoot the opponent off-stage, and let MK go for the gimp kill.

overall, great team. as long as MK doesn't screw up :3

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Star Shot to off stage kill is too unpredictable, and would have a 35% chance of success because most opponents can shake out of it before you get into position. To add your opponent can surprise attack right out of the star. Because of those flaws I didn't add that strategy, but it's a good idea to try something new though.

I play in a tourney around Tuesday with one of my friend that great with Peach so I'll come back with my thought after I perform in teams.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Star Shot to off stage kill is too unpredictable, and would have a 35% chance of success because most opponents can shake out of it before you get into position. To add your opponent can surprise attack right out of the star. Because of those flaws I didn't add that strategy, but it's a good idea to try something new though.

I play in a tourney around Tuesday with one of my friend that great with Peach so I'll come back with my thought after I perform in teams.
ah. well, it was only an idea. thx for clearin it up tho.

ohh, me and my friend have actually been trying to work on the kirby+peach doubles. it's pretty fun, i'd love to hear your findings.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
wow this thread is big @_@

I don't really know what to write right now, but here's my doubles team on the Allisbrawl ladder with sasukebowser (TOON LINK): http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=29167

Follow our progress on Twitter :)

I might update some details later. Right now it seems like a pretty good team though, ignoring the lag, we beat a G&W/Falco team, and a Snake/MK team (that went MK/MK in games two and three)

XD tier whores

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Kirby + Toon Link = best combination for a team in Brawl.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If you want to share some detail with Toon Link and Kirby in double performance, all you have to do is ask, I'll allow it. =3

Top Bottom