• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That Hades set was both ingenious and heartless. It brings me back to the movie. James Woods played that part excellently. Very awesome Disney character with a very awesome moveset.

I'm loving that ending like a LOT. lol

Blue the Blur

Smash Rookie

SHADOW

theme:All Hail Shadow(Instrumental)

Level:Final Hazard like delfino plaza except you'll be flying around space on a platform you will land on top of the biolizard and the space colony and be able to fight up there while youre close to the biolizard the pink orbs can hit you and he is constantly moving his neck up and down making a arch (like green hill) which is iideal for shadow and sonic. and when your flying the biolizard can shoot beams at you

HE IS A LITTLE BIT SLOWER THAN SONIC BUT MORE STRONGER

ENTRY:Shadow comes out of a chaos control warp

STANCE:he has his arms to the side with his hands unclutched

IDLE 1:when shadow is standing there without movement he will cross his arm

IDLE 2:He will leave one arm to his side unclutched and he will pick up the other one and clutch it

WINNING 1:shadow will do his his victory from sonic adventure 2 he slides and then crosses his arm he will say "hmmm come back when youre ready"

WINNING 2:shadow will pull out the green chaos emerald and say "chaos control" he will dissapear for a breif moment and will come back on one knee and have his hand clutched in front of his face and the emerald in the other
something like this

WINNING 3:Shadow will say i am the ultimate life form
standing like this

SPECIALS
B- CHAOS SPEAR charges up like lucarios except its not a ball its a line of energy can stun if charged up like zss b
SIDE B-will be the light dash but you have to do a spin charge and you will have light orbs(sa2) around you and the next time you click side b you can do the light dash it goes strait foward like foxs side b except a little more knockback
UP B-Chaos controll same as mewtwos in melee except its green around shadow
Down B-Spin Dash more knockback then sonics

A-punch
A2x-karate chop to the side
A3x-side kick

SIDE A-Does a karate chop
DOWN A-does a kick with both of his feet at the same time while balancing on his arms
UP A-Does a flip but doesent go in to a complete ball can cause fire because of hover shoes

DASH ATTACK-does a karate chop at a 90 degree angle and can cause a trip

AERIAL SIDE-does a kick causes fire from shoe
AERIAL DOWN -a blast of fire comes from shoe causes fire
AERIAL UP-Flips with fire around him

GRABS when he grabs he just punches
SIDE jumps up a little bit and does a horse kick in the air
UP throws up and shoots a chaos spear at the foe
DOWN he puts the foe under him and blasts fire from his shoe

SMASH UP-he does a uppercut it has a dark effect to it
SIDE SMASH-he elbows to whichever side it has a dark effect
DOWN SMASH-he does a circular sweep all around him dark effect also

FINAL SMASH CHAOS BLAST HE TURNS RED AND CHARGES THE FOE IN FRONT OF HIM AND PUNCHES KARATE CHOPS KICKS and all that good stuff
or
FINAL SMASH HE TURNS INTO SUPER SHADOW HIS KNOCK BACK ISNT AS HEAVY AS SONIC BUT REDUCED BY HALF BUT BY PUSHING B HE CAN USE CHAOS SPEAR AND STUN THE ENEMY

taunt up -adjusts his rings around his wrists
taunt side-shadow gets on his knee and looks around
taunt down-fire comes out of his shoe and he is up in the air a couple inches then he lands back

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Blue the Blur said:
MORE STRONGER
I think we have our Fierce Deity Link... :cool:

On a non-spammish note, my next moveset will be Paper Mario. Don't expect it for a while though.

EDIT: Or maybe somebody else... I should know better than to promise my next set when I do them on a whim most of the time... :laugh:

Darkurai

Smash Master
Shadow: I certainly hope the moveset was made just for fun, because it's rather...lacking, shall we say, in certain areas.

And Shadow is supposed to be faster than Sonic.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think we have our Fierce Deity Link... :cool:

On a non-spammish note, my next moveset will be Paper Mario. Don't expect it for a while though.
Uh...isn't that Master Chief?

Time for another good SSB4 candidate. Good luck on him.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to make a moveset for my character. The thing is, she's a Lucario, so I'm going to be hard-pressed not to mimic the original, even if I do use many characteristics (and change them, of course). I guess the main changes won't be in the abilities, but in the moveset itself.

Now for the main purpose of this post: my first critique.
I'm going to try to critique this like a "professional" critic (forgive me for the poor choice of words and any failures like that in what follows. For some reason, my vocabulary randomly escapes me, which is kinda sad, since I'm a native English speaker.)

Shadow: I'm assuming that you are new to this. I am too, so I'm not going to bash you. Instead, I'm going to try to give you some tips, including what some of the other MYM-ers have given me.
First off, be specific with the stats.
HE IS A LITTLE BIT SLOWER THAN SONIC BUT MORE STRONGER
Not only is that kinda unoriginal, but it doesn't really tell us anything. It's good to make a comparison, but provide a real list of the stats. You know, rate the stats out of 10, all that stuff.
Next, the attacks are pretty generic. (I know that my Roserade moveset kinda suffers from this too, but I'm aware of it, and am trying to fix it.) In particular, the FS is, well, kinda boring. My suggestion: Scrap that part completely and try to think of a new one.
Something that just occurred to me: Where are the back-air and neutral-air? Where's the back-throw?
My next tip: TELL HOW MUCH DAMAGE EACH ATTACK DOES. This is a major problem that needs to be corrected ASAP. Knockback, range, and speed/cooldown would be nice too.
Some other details you could (aka probably should) add: How fast does he fall? How high does each jump go? How far does his up-B carry him? What's his crouch? Can he crawl? What's his grab range?
Last, some grammar, spelling, and punctuation work would be nice. *shot*

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Haha, cut him some slack. At least it is a good reason as to why mines is taking so long, so I don't have to worry about a lacking moveset. lol

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
leafbarret said:
I'm not going to bash you, like a certain someone just did.
*sigh* The rules are already there in the first post, and the expectations are clear by reading a set. He ignored both, not including many attacks with no percentages and not detailing at all. It's not an unreasonable expectation at all. Look at the last contest, where me, UserShadow and Plorf all did well despite being newcomers, not to mention how Horiin came out of nowhere and made one moveset that placed in the top fifty before disappearing. Please don't make me out as an evil person.

Blue the Blur

Smash Rookie
THANK YALL ALL I GOT UP LIKE AT 4 yesterday and i have a cold and i couldnt go to sleep and i was really bored so i thought i would try something new but o well i tried haha

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, I updated my Roserade set (AGAIN XD).

*sigh* The rules are already there in the first post, and the expectations are clear by reading a set. He ignored both, not including many attacks with no percentages and not detailing at all. It's not an unreasonable expectation at all. Look at the last contest, where me, UserShadow and Plorf all did well despite being newcomers, not to mention how Horiin came out of nowhere and made one moveset that placed in the top fifty before disappearing. Please don't make me out as an evil person.
I guess you have a point... Sorry. :(
THANK YALL ALL I GOT UP LIKE AT 4 yesterday and i have a cold and i couldnt go to sleep and i was really bored so i thought i would try something new but o well i tried haha
Why not update it and fix the mistakes?

Blue the Blur

Smash Rookie
If I had a laptop i will right now im sick and and i dont have the strengh to get up nor to sit and think like i was last night.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
No Johns, man.

Anyhoo,

Hades. Bkupa's always making Disney sets! I'll probably read it later...

Also: I plan to be gone for like a week or so due to being busy with other stuff. :cry:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Me and my lurking status would like to enquire what Pokesets are being made this contest, as I will probably make one, and I don't want to steal a Pokemon from anyone?

I also need to read all movesets from the last 33 pages.....

Crap.

Seeing as I've just read it, Shadow needs less fire shoes. Way less fire shoes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh...I meant anything Disney produces that isn't from Pixar. Pixar is the only good thing they have going for them now. It's so superior to anything they make now that I forget to count it as part of Disney. <3 Wall-E.

And I promise to redo Andy's Toys as soon as Toy Story 3 comes out.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I've always acknowledged the overabundance of Pokesets too, but I hope ours isn't "horrible." :laugh:

Comments on Saren and onward coming up.
I certainly hope so, too. I also hope I actually get some work done on Kecleon instead of making you all wait on me. :urg:

On that note, Jimny, there's a ton of these enormous, Steven-esque joint sets, including Yellow (Raticate, Dodrio, Omastar, Golem, and some more Pokemon), Silver (Sneasel and five others who don't come to mind), and Wally (Kecleon, Magneton, Flygon, Gardevoir).

Soon there won't be any Pokemon left to take. :urg:

[Wall-E] would like a word
Well, technically that's Pixar. All the actual DISNEY movies these days are sort of horrible. Plus Wall-E is hideously overrated...

Somebody really needs to make a Wall-E moveset.
Someone already did.

;)

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Somebody really needs to make a Wall-E moveset.
Wall-E would be cool. He would like be a reincarnation of ROB or something.

Also methinks: No pokemon movesets to do after the joint outbursts? Rubbish. There will be many awesome options, like the little pokemon, not always the big ones.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Me and my lurking status would like to enquire what Pokesets are being made this contest, as I will probably make one, and I don't want to steal a Pokemon from anyone?
Alright, I'll reveal my choice. I'm making a moveset for Scyther (wow, original, huh?) Don't judge me. Oh wait, is it possible that no one has made his before?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But Link came first before Toon Link was made. R.O.B. was made before Wall-E was conceived at that Pixar conference, so yeah. I have it the right way...wow, this thread is going downhill. Someone needs to comment on a recent set to bring it back in the right direction.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
KingK.Rool said:
Plus Wall-E is hideously overrated...
But... K.Rool...

I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!

You just pulled out my heart and shredded it into bits, chaining me and handcuffing me to the wall only to witness my cruel fate, only pausing to whip me with such a cruel move as Kangaskhan's uair. THE UNORIGINALITY! IT BURNS with the fury of a thousand suns with the heat of Roy and Tryclyde put together in a multi-character set and the ferocity of a cruel review. You could not even let me die in peace, using the mad inventions of the Cannoli clan to keep me alive and see, SEE, your blind rage and fury.

I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!

Luring me in with promises of sweets, you subjected me to the cruel torture that is Miracle Matter's overratedness. Only a true seductress like this cruel gentleman could coerce me to super vote it. I swear, this man is the reason I had to leave MYM for a month, as to not witness Raiden and Cutesy Beau. Did anybody know what happened while I was away? Did anybody bother to ask?

DID ANYBODY CARE!?

It was him! It was supposedly a training course for the making of movesets, but it wasn't. It was a brainwashing camp. We were taught to HEIL POKEMON SYNDROME and UNDERDETAIL. The stunning pull of his dogma was due to the promise of a glowing review, but all we ever recieved was a panning blanket review and a tub of plain gruel, to take us through three starving days. He would leave the key just out of reach of our thinning hands and throw us bits of meat and nut when we promised a super vote. He even made us super vote Goodstyle seperately from Cannoli! He must have a vendetta against Wario, to have gained the aid of Cannoli so easily! The machines causing unstability of the mind made us swear for vengeance.

This man claims to be the "top reviewer" out of an invalid poll run obviously by one of his puppets, but how much does he comment? Never! An apprentice samurai came into the Palette, swearing vengeance against KingK.Rool, who killed his father's mother's nephew's niece's former roommate and he barely edited his workspace. This man is no true artist, only working to usurp the work of others and condense it into the thin drool that is his movesets.

Do you know what I found back there? Do you know what I found? I found- the dead MYMers. None of them are actually dead yet (gasp). Iron Thorn was in charge of making up the most random of ideas for the randomest of movesets. Chief Mendez was in charge of making sure all the uairs were unoriginal. Spadefox was in charge of stifling all the negative feedback.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!

I managed to escape by "tripping" into a Guntz fsmash and blasting out into the realms of Galaxy Man and Simirror. K.Rool *laughed* like his good friend Sakurai, thinking that I had lost all oxygen and exploded, but I was a step ahead and had stored all the air I needed behind a wooden spoon. I crash-landed to safety in MYM6, knocked out, but rose just before one of K.Rool's agents appeared from behind an avatar. I managed to escape, but I had to keep quiet as to not incur their wrath. Now I have exposed the truth and have managed to teach you all of it, and the agents will seek me out tonight. I have one more night of heavy sleep to cure this before they annihalate me.

Good night and farewell, MYMers.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Scyther? I don't think he's been made lately.....though I've had plans to make a multi Scyther/Scizor set for a while now. However, I think that'll wait for MYM7.

On the Pokesets.....my god, most of my roster is 'mon. I've got TWO pokemon joint sets (both started by me), which are Silver and Wally. I'm making Feraligatr for Silver, and Gardevoir for Wally. The rest of Wally's 'mon are Flygon(Chris), Kecleon(K.Rool), and Magneton(Smady). As for Silver's.....well, I've forgotten. He's more of a mid-contest guy, whilst Wally should be up by the week's end. Sneasel is a guaranteed, though. As is Crobat.

My non-joint Pokemon set is Lance. He'll have Kingdra, Dragonite, and Dragonair. I think I'm forgetting a Pokemon, but I'm not sure >_>

I'll let the others divulge their own sets.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
But... K.Rool...

I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!

You just pulled out my heart and shredded it into bits, chaining me and handcuffing me to the wall only to witness my cruel fate, only pausing to whip me with such a cruel move as Kangaskhan's uair. THE UNORIGINALITY! IT BURNS with the fury of a thousand suns with the heat of Roy and Tryclyde put together in a multi-character set and the ferocity of a cruel review. You could not even let me die in peace, using the mad inventions of the Cannoli clan to keep me alive and see, SEE, your blind rage and fury.

I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!

Luring me in with promises of sweets, you subjected me to the cruel torture that is Miracle Matter's overratedness. Only a true seductress like this cruel gentleman could coerce me to super vote it. I swear, this man is the reason I had to leave MYM for a month, as to not witness Raiden and Cutesy Beau. Did anybody know what happened while I was away? Did anybody bother to ask?

DID ANYBODY CARE!?

It was him! It was supposedly a training course for the making of movesets, but it wasn't. It was a brainwashing camp. We were taught to HEIL POKEMON SYNDROME and UNDERDETAIL. The stunning pull of his dogma was due to the promise of a glowing review, but all we ever recieved was a panning blanket review and a tub of plain gruel, to take us through three starving days. He would leave the key just out of reach of our thinning hands and throw us bits of meat and nut when we promised a super vote. He even made us super vote Goodstyle seperately from Cannoli! He must have a vendetta against Wario, to have gained the aid of Cannoli so easily! The machines causing unstability of the mind made us swear for vengeance.

This man claims to be the "top reviewer" out of an invalid poll run obviously by one of his puppets, but how much does he comment? Never! An apprentice samurai came into the Palette, swearing vengeance against KingK.Rool, who killed his father's mother's nephew's niece's former roommate and he barely edited his workspace. This man is no true artist, only working to usurp the work of others and condense it into the thin drool that is his movesets.

Do you know what I found back there? Do you know what I found? I found- the dead MYMers. None of them are actually dead yet (gasp). Iron Thorn was in charge of making up the most random of ideas for the randomest of movesets. Chief Mendez was in charge of making sure all the uairs were unoriginal. Spadefox was in charge of stifling all the negative feedback.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELL YOU!

I managed to escape by "tripping" into a Guntz fsmash and blasting out into the realms of Galaxy Man and Simirror. K.Rool *laughed* like his good friend Sakurai, thinking that I had lost all oxygen and exploded, but I was a step ahead and had stored all the air I needed behind a wooden spoon. I crash-landed to safety in MYM6, knocked out, but rose just before one of K.Rool's agents appeared from behind an avatar. I managed to escape, but I had to keep quiet as to not incur their wrath. Now I have exposed the truth and have managed to teach you all of it, and the agents will seek me out tonight. I have one more night of heavy sleep to cure this before they annihalate me.

Good night and farewell, MYMers.
Haha, funny story, Wiz. You're so wacky. Hey everyone, look at Wiz's cool story! Let's all make up cool stories! It'll be fun, I swear! :)

*shiftyeyes*

*gasp*

He knows too much!

*Shoots Wizzerd and dumps his body in a river*
Shhhh, HR! Once your cover is blown, you'll never be able to spy on Warlord for me again!

He's more of a mid-contest guy, whilst Wally should be up by the week's end.
WHAAAAAAAAT? Why was I not informed??? Why the rush? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?

I'm only on Kecleon's stats... :'(

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Did Somebody Say - Pokesets?

A B O M A S N O W

Abomasnow - The Frost Tree Pokemon. Abomasnow lives on forested mountains where it snows in solitude. While normally peaceful, they are also highly territorial and known for a vicious temperament. Abomasnow controls the weather and brings snow and hail upon his enemies, fighting slowly and steadily until he can release a big hit.

Some tranquil Pokemon music to go to your reading:

- Mt. Coronet Peak
- Route 216
- Pokemon League (Night)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Sacrifice
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Sky Tower

STATS

Movement Speed: 1/10

He's a tree. A tree. Did you expect something, anything else? I didn't think so.

Aerial Mobility 4/10

Surprisingly decent aerial movement. Passable jumps, and slower fall speed than one might expect. Good horizontal movement too.

Size: 8/10

Again, Abomasnow is directly based off of a tree. He's perhaps a hair taller than Ike, but thicker and slightly heavier.

Power: 7/10

Hard hits aren't the focus of Abomasnow's game, but he has several moves that pack quite a wallop.

Priority: 5/10

Abomasnow has average priority; nothing that sets him apart particularly one way or the other.

Lag: 7/10

Abomasnow suffers a considerable amount of lag from many of his moves, but not enough that he's easy to hit.

Ouch. Those stats certainly don't sound particularly friendly to Abomasnow, do they? Poor movement, big size, and laggy moves aren't helping his cause. Abomasnow has other ways to deal with the enemies he fights though, by using snow and terrain as a weapon. This is one snow day you'd prefer to miss...

SPECIALS

Neutral Special - Snowstorm

Abomasnow stiffens his body, his arboreal fur standing on end. Raising his arms slightly, a swirling torrent of snow picks up in a sphere around him. While inside the sphere, enemies are pushed just slightly away; they move only about 75% of their usual movement speed. The area affected contains the space a stagebuilder block in each direction from Abomasnow, and as the button is held, the area of effect slowly increases, about a half stage builder block in each direction a second, up to a maximum area slightly over half the size of Final Destination. Abomasnow must stand still while using this attack. The move has slight start-up lag, but no ending lag at all.

As Abomasnow uses this move though, snow begins to accumulate onto the battlefield. The snow rises fastest near Abomasnow, and slower near the edge of the Snowstorm field. The snow level rises as the snow falls, to a maximum of Abomasnow's chin height, a little taller than Mario. The snow rises quickly at first but slows down as it continues to fall, making measuring the rate of rise difficult. On average though, it will reach Meta Knight's height in about 1.2 seconds next to Abomasnow, and about 3 seconds at the edge.

If an opponent is mostly covered in snow, a shadowy silhouette of their body appears in the snow.

Snow slowly melts as the game goes on, at about 30% of the rate it falls. A full height of snow melts in about nine seconds. Fire attacks, but not explosions, also melt snow. Snow has the added effect of slowing enemies who are on the ground down, depending on the thickness of the snow. From here on out, snow will be measured in terms of Abomasnow's height. Snow at ankle level decreases speed and first jump speed and height to 90%, knee height to 75%, waist height to 60%, and chest height to 40%. Above that, the opponent starts totake damage from the cold of about 1% every two seconds, and moves at 25% normal speed.

While in the snow, Abomasnow also gains an additional effect; he becomes harder to KO while he's deep in the snow. At leg height, he takes 80% of regular knockback, and at chest height he takes 65% of regular knockback. Snow is not just an obstacle for Abomasnow to throw at his enemy though, but is in fact essential to several of his moves. Proper use of Snowstorm to control spacing and enemy movement is key to Abomasnow's playstyle.

Down Special - Ingrain

Abomasnow adjusts his posture as his feet grip into the ground, roots cementing him into the floor. This move can only be used while on the ground. Once the move, which has a decent amount of starting lag finishes, Abomasnow begins to recover Stamina at a rate of about 1% a second, but he cannot move in any direction. He cannot jump, and he cannot use attacks that require him to move.

While in this state, Abomasnow also takes significantly less knockback from most moves, only half of usual, and has Super Armor against all moves that do less than 8% damage. If a move that does greater than this amount of damage hits Abomasnow, he loses his ingrained status, and suffers some ending lag.

Abomasnow can free himself from Ingrain by using his Down Tilt or Down Smash attacks. He cannot free himself in any other way.

Up Special - Snow Flue

When used in the air, this acts as Abomasnow's recovery move. Abomasnow throws his arms forward, and after a slight bit of lag, snow swirls beneath and in front of him and carries him up slightly, not unlike Squirtle's Waterfall. However, the effect is very small, Abomasnow doesn't move much further up than when he started, he mostly just stalls in the air and goes into fallspecial.

However, when using this move while snow is on or near the edge, the snow will shift off the edge and towards Abomasnow, giving him a waterfall of snow for him to slide up. Every amount of snow about the size of Mario carries Abomasnow about the diagonal of a stagebuilder block upwards. He can therefore sacrifice his snow in order to recover.

When using this move on the stage, it has an entirely different effect. Abomasnow can use this move to shift snow around, causing all the snow behind him to move in the direction he's facing at about the speed of Snake's run. This has a push effect similar to F. L. U. D. D. and is stronger the greater the amount of snow is. The snow can be pushed off the stage with this move too though, and can knock opponents clinging to the edge of the stage off; with enough snow Abomasnow can completely gimp someone.

Side Special - Powder Snow

Abomasnow holds his right hand out and shoots snow forward at a rapid pace. The snow only reaches a little more than a Bowser away, and causes snow to pile up just like with Snowstorm. Powder Snow can be held for about a second and a half, during which it fills up about 2/3 a stagebuilder block of snow. It has very little lag, and does low knockback and 6% damage.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Jab Attack - Snowball Toss

Abomasnow moves his arm back and throws it forward, a snowball having appeared in his hand. The snowball flies in a low arc, hitting the ground a little over two stagebuilder blocks away and doing 2% damage and almost zero knockback. The snowball is slow and has very low priority, making its only value that Abomasnow can create them quickly.

However, if there is a significant amount of snow around, Abomasnow instead pulls the snowball out of the snow. This move takes the same amount of time as before, but the snowball is now bigger, flies faster, has higher, but still low priority and does 6% damage. Using this move does not effect the snow height.

Dash Attack - Avalanche

Abomasnow runs forward a tiny bit more, snow building up behind him before he stops dead in his tracks, a wave of snow crashing from him on to the field. This move puts snow on the field, but only a small amount compared to the other moves. This move has decent priority and does below average knockback, as well as 5% damage. If Abomasnow runs through snow while using this move though, some snow is shifted with him, and the knockback remains the same, but the damage increases to 8%.

Forward Tilt - Ice Punch

Abomasnow steps back, shifts his weight backwards, and throws a nasty right hook at the enemy, his fist glowing icy blue. This move has a good bit of lag on both ends, but above average priority and knockback. It does 11% damage on a hit. When Abomasnow and the opponent are at least waist deep in snow, some of the snow jettisons off of the ground with the opponent like a fired gun, increasing the knockback. A strong KO move.

Down Tilt - Natural Power

Abomasnow stands perfectly still, nothing noteworthy happening at all. Suddenly, a flash of light explodes from the ground, dealing 4% damage, and slight knockback, but good hitstun. It has fairly short range and only affects opponents touching the ground though, as well as considerable starting lag. If Abomasnow is in the snow when he uses this move though, the range increases to less than a Battlefield platform in either direction and deals 8% damage. The move also has a chance to freeze based on the height of the snow. If the snow is about halfway full for example, it will freeze 75% of the time.

If Abomasnow is using Ingrain while using this move, the move has a little less starting lag, significantly more ending lag, and does 3% more damage. Abomasnow is then freed from the Ingrain.

Up Tilt - Minty Fresh Breath

Abomasnow looks up and exhales a blast of cool air. The burst of air is about the size of his head, and deals 2% damage every half second and mild hitstun, like a miniature flamethrower attack. Abomasnow can only hold this attack for about two and a half seconds though. The cloud has low priority, and the move has very little lag on either end.

SMASHES​

Forward Smash - Wood Hammer

Abomasnow reaches his right arm back, which begins to glow with green energy. He slams it forward in a tight circle, knocking anything nearby far back. Good priority too, a KO move of choice. Starting lag is significant, but not nearly as bad as Ike or King Dedede. Damage is a whopping 19-32%!

Why does this move do such excellent damage? Simply put, it hurts Abomasnow considerably to use this move, and when he he hits, he suffers a debilitatingly bad ending lag sequence of nearly three seconds as he shakes his arm and takes recoil damage of half of what he dealt the opponent. The move KOs at about 90%, so it behooves Abomasnow to wait until the opponent has reached that damage level before using it so he can avoid retribution and potentially recover with Ingrain.

Up Smash - Snow Collapse

Abomasnow stretches his arms down and slams them up into the air, snow splashing off his arms, sending opponents up with decent vertical knockback and dealing 12-19% damage. Priority is strong, and lag is fairly minimal. As you may have guessed, this move really kicks in when there is a pile of snow around. Snow at at least waist height is necessary for the snow to increase damage and knockback. If the snow is at chin height, the knockback becomes incredible, KOing potentially at 80% and the hitbox vastly increases in size, although lag increases considerably as well with more snow, becoming his laggiest smash by far at full.

Down Smash - Frenzy Plant

Abomasnow reaches down and curls his hand into a fist, gathering energy which he then releases as massive spikes of three tree roots shoot out of the ground, taking up an entire stagebuilder block and just barely inching out Abomasnow in height. The move has surpisingly low damage, knockback, and lag, although excellent priority. Damage is about 14-22%.

If Abomasnow is using Ingrain when using this move though, the move becomes barely at all laggier, and instead, two spikes shoot out in front of Abomasnow, and two spikes shoot up behind him. Knockback and damage are the same, and Abomasnow is freed from the Ingrain after using this move.

AERIALS

Neutral Air - Hailstorm

Abomasnow shivers slightly as small pieces of ice start to swirl around him. Four hail pieces are out at a time, and each one circles Abomasnow loosely and deals 3% and light knockback to anyone who touches it. The move has some starting lag, but practically no ending lag and very low priority. This move can be held out by holdig the A button, causing new hailpieces to replace old ones that have been destroyed. If Abomasnow ends the move, the hail drops to the ground, inflicting 4% and slight hitstun on impact.

Down Air - Stomp

Abomasnow lifts his feet up a bit and powerstomps down, increasing his fallspeed dramatically. If it hits in midair, it deals a good bit of knockback and 11% damage. If Abomasnow hits someone on the ground though, it deals upwards knockback and 13% damage, unless he hits someone over snow, where the move only does 8% damage and less knockback, making this Abomasnow's only move that is worse with snow. Little starting lag, significant ending lag, fairly high priority.

Up Air - Winter Burst

Abomasnow throws his arms into the air, and with it, a pile of snow about the size of Jigglypuff. Fairly low priority and knockback, and deals only 4% damage, but has the added effect of creating snow, allowing Abomasnow to get snow onto the field from the air fairly quickly. This move has a little starting lag, but very little ending lag.

Back Air - Seed Bomb

Abomasnow clenches his shoulderblades together as the pinecones on his back shiver, shooting out a pellet sized bomb that arcs away. On impact with an enemy or the ground, it bursts into an explosion about the size of Olimar, and deals good knockback and 10% damage. Good range, but a fair amount of lag on both ends.

Forward Air - Ice Shard

Abomasnow throws his arm forward and shoots out a three blades of ice, dealing a strong 11% damage but very little knockback. Very little lag on either end either, and fairly decent priority. Range is surprisingly small though, making it a toss up between Ice Shard and Powder Snow.

THROWS

Grab

Abomasnow reaches out with both arms to grab the enemy. Fairly slow, but with a good bit of snow becomes fairly hard to avoid. Above average reach too. Notable is that Abomasnow has his entire grab game available during Ingrain.

Pummel - Giga Drain

Abomasnow pulls the enemy in close, and green spheres of energy flow from his enemy into his body. His enemy takes and he heals 3%, but the move is fairly slow. However, the more snow there is around, the harder it is to escape. With full snow, even an avid button masher will have a tough time avoiding two or three of this attack, especially if they are at a high damage level.

Forward Throw - Snowball

Abomasnow exhales over the enemy, doing 5% damage and, more importantly, incasing them in snow. He then rolls them away like a snowball at Luigi's walk speed, and the opponent must button mash to escape, taking 1% of damage each second. Without any snow, this move is a cinch to escape from, even without pressing buttons only taking about a second of rolling to escape. The more snow there is though, the harder it is to escape. With knee high snow, the snowball will actually grow bigger as it rolls along. It is entirely possible with enough snow and enough damage on your enemy to roll them off the edge, too far to recover. It also gives Abomasnow plenty of time to rebuild his snow stockpile, Ingrain, or both.

Back Throw - Barkskin

Abomasnow leans down, throws the opponent over onto his back, and the pods on his back explode out with Grass-type energy, knocking the opponent up and backwards. This throw has a lot of ending lag, but does a very nice 12% damage.

Up Throw - Hail Cannon

Abomasnow lightly tosses the opponent up, and aims his arm upwards, shooting three bullets of ice at the enemy, each doing 5% damage. It is possible to DI out of the second or third one, but quite difficult. Fairly strong knockback, but difficult to KO with, due to the fact that it can be DI'd out of.

Down Throw - Headbutt

Abomasnow eschews his elemental attacks to simply slam his face into the opponent. Significant forwards knockback, although a good bit of ending lag as Abomasnow shakes off his ringing head. Deals 11%.

FINAL SMASH

Blizzard

Abomasnow raises his arms forward, and a howling blizzard shoots in that direction, pushing everything in the direction Abomasnow faces and making it almost impossible to move the other direction. Abomasnow then regains full control of his movement. During this state snow falls heavily on the entire stage and enemies take 3% damage per second, all lasting eight seconds. A Snow Flue or Snowball used during this period is absolutely devestating and can KO fairly easily.

PLAYSTYLE

Abomasnow is all about the white stuff. Not sugar, milk, or drugs, but good old fashioned ice. All of his tactics are based on getting snow onto the ground and building up momentum while its up. Abomasnow usually starts doing damage with Powder Snow, especially early game when there isn't much snow on the field.

As snow levels build up, Abomasnow really starts to break out the throws; his grab game goes from 'meh' to astounding with a thick layer of snow on the field. Snowball becomes a great damager, spacer, and possibly gimper, and Giga Drain becomes extraordinarily useful. Natural Power is also a fantastic way for him to build up damage once snow starts appearing, as a freeze gives him a great chance to break out one of his more powerful attacks.

When a match starts, Abomasnow will almost always begin with a Snowstorm; its his fastest way to get a decent amount of snow on the field. Oftentimes he'll first use Ingrain, using the Super Armor as a buffer to get more snow in and the reduced knockback to make any hits much less punishing.

In the air, Abomasnow generally acts upon his current needs, usually using Winter Burst or Powder Snow to get more snow on the field, or even Snowstorm in midair if the player's ballsy. Hail is a decent get away from me move that can hit opponents from above and Seed Bomb is generally useful in many situations.

When it comes to finishing, Abomasnow has a slew of options. Snowball and Snow Flue are two very annoying ways to kill off enemies, although Snow Flue is particularly difficult without a massive amount of snow and excellent timing. All of Abomasnow's Smashes are strong killing moves, using the right one is a matter of some thought.

Ingrain is definitely a difficult to learn, difficult to master move. It is often used to buffer Snowstorms and to take advantage of spacing, but figuring out when to try to end it is difficult. In deep snow though, Ingrain becomes more useful as opponents are slower and have a harder time getting near him, letting Abomasnow use his great grab game against them.

Abomasnow is one of the longest lasting characters as well, with self healing moves, good weight, and, most importantly, reduced knockback while in the snow. Abomasnow lasting to 200% is not unheard of against especially ground based opponents.

When playing against Abomasnow, goal number one is to stop the snow. Play very aggressive to try to keep the snow off the field, knock Abomasnow off stage even if he can recover so he has to use Snow Flue. Charizard and Bowser make excellent counters to Abomasnow, melting his snow easily and being big enough to take what he's got. Characters who have strong aerial KO moves also have the advantage of being able to KO Abomasnow while he's in the air, so he doesn't have the extra resilience snow gives him.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
MYM Brawl Roster
MYM1: furret
MYM2: Aqua Teen Hunger Force
MYM3: dracula, cervantes, horseman, donna, gecko moria, plusle & minun, street performer
MYM4: kawasaki, mr. shine & bright, advance army, mach rider, black doom, super star helpers, undead hero, pleinair, Kefka, jafar, simirror, cortiny, charley's ghost
MYM5: seaforce, arthas, lemmy, ryuk, sakurai, alphonse, hyatt, miracle matter, raiden, bass & treble, cutesy beau, MYM man, hypno, mewthree, gwen, bubble man, cannoli
MYM6: hades, sloth, raven *is shot*, king hippo, spadefox, adeleine, clefable, espeon, hornet man, dingodile, joe calzaghe

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Down Throw was me trying to finish up the set, and I was not getting any good ideas... I'll probably edit Wood Hammer a bit, I guess I misbalanced it a bit.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Scyther? I don't think he's been made lately.....though I've had plans to make a multi Scyther/Scizor set for a while now. However, I think that'll wait for MYM7.

On the Pokesets.....my god, most of my roster is 'mon. I've got TWO pokemon joint sets (both started by me), which are Silver and Wally. I'm making Feraligatr for Silver, and Gardevoir for Wally. The rest of Wally's 'mon are Flygon(Chris), Kecleon(K.Rool), and Magneton(Smady). As for Silver's.....well, I've forgotten. He's more of a mid-contest guy, whilst Wally should be up by the week's end. Sneasel is a guaranteed, though. As is Crobat.

My non-joint Pokemon set is Lance. He'll have Kingdra, Dragonite, and Dragonair. I think I'm forgetting a Pokemon, but I'm not sure >_>

I'll let the others divulge their own sets.
dangit! stop making sets for him! Ive been working on this for a while!

(hey lookit, imma revealing my new set)

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
I actually liked Abomasnow's f-smash. High risk, high reward thing right? I think it helps limit its use mostly for KOs.

Umm...did I miss the lag information for Snowstorm? Can it be used in the air? It seems like Abomasnow's going to be using it a lot, but right now I'm not sure how easily it can be used.

The neutral aerial, Hailstorm, is also a bit confusing. He sends out 4 pieces of hail that go around him? The first thing I don't understand too well is how Abomasnow could use this. It doesn't seem like he'll be in the air for a long time with poor jumps. And by "held out" do you mean you hold the A button (whatever input) and you'll always have a full 4 pieces? I really don't see how this could be used unless both you and your opponent are high in the air somehow.

In short, please make it a little clearer and easier to understand. This isn't talking about everything; I just picked a couple moves out.

The organization and colours make it easy to read (for me), and the snow is still a great concept.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
There is a little starting lag for Snowstorm, but no ending lag. Also, when it comes to hail, the move is mostly just a mild "get away from me" move, with the added effect of being able to drop the hail onto the ground from above. Holding it down is only a marginally useful tactic, primarily added as flavor. Also, his jumps aren't poor, they're passable. Below average, but good enough that Abomasnow can get mileage out of his air game.

Edit @ Akiak: Any similarity to Ludicolo is purely conincidental, seeing how similar the concepts were. I in no way based this off of or got it inspired from Ludicolo. Not to sound defensive, but simply clarifying.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Abomasnow: Surprisingly similar to Ludicolo in organization and mechanics. This isn't a bad thing for beginners, in fact newbie's should inspire their first sets from others, I think.
Anyway, It's all well done, and, like silver said, only the down-throw is generic. I love the Neutral Special and Down Special, as well as the Down tilt. The playstyle is greatly written, so superb job man.

Oh and I'm working on 2 secret sets...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
ATTENTION MYMERS!

I am in the middle of creating a new moveset. For a major part of the moveset, this character is utilizing a character's greatest fear against them. Now, I am taking requests for MYM characters to appear in this set.

To qualify, you must give me the following, in PM format:

• The character, of course
  • The character's deepest fear (This must be a living entity that they are afraid of). It cannot be a comedic spoof (e.g. Peach with a d*ck for Mario) and it must be canon (e.g. no Lucario as a replacement for Mewtwo). However, if you cannot find a living creature fear, you can use an item the character is weak against (e.g. a burning tree for Abomasnow, who is a great moveset, or veggies for Wart).
  • What the entity of fear does, and why the character fears it (this is not super important, but can be helpful).

Thank you for your time and consideration. Each user can submit as many suggestions as they wish.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
WTF?! WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE AND TAKING MY SETS?! I mean, first Scyther and now Feraligatr? Those have both been planned for a while now >_> What's next? Is Plorf gonna come out and say he's doing Nappa? Or is one of Akiak's secret sets Barry the Chopper?!

Ugh. This is starting to **** me off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom