• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

phazermuffin

Smash Apprentice

Brand new, genuine JDM Soshinoya Badges complete in packaging. These JDM Soshinoya Badges (new driver badges) symbolize the level of driving experience in Japan. A must have item for all you JDM fanatics out there! Includes one magnetic and one suction cup badge which apply easily to the exterior and interior of your vehicle so you can show off your JDM pride wherever you go! Badges measure 7 1/4 x 4 1/2 inch. Made in Japan.

*google jdm -> images -> 2nd img -> ctrl+c -> smashboards -> ctrl+p*

:embarrass

ctrl+p is for paste?! :embarrass :embarrass

-Connor

bbb

Smash Champion
I'm not impressed with either of you

I am however impressed with JDM

great job!

JDM

Smash Champion
Ahhhhh ****.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=50711372

After the death of Mofo, there began to grow some suspicion as to where he got his skill. Isaiah Alvarado, known for his alias "Isai", was the greatest cage fighter in the world. He was often known to say, "I wasn't even trying." after he defeats an opponent. However, there are some who have doubts that a man could "accidentally" kill another man in the ring without trying. An investigation was launched by the family of the fighter Mofo, and they hire me, Detective Zimmerman, for the case.

I started my investigation by seeking out one of Isai's former opponents, a man who had an encounter with Mr. Alvarado that would end his fighting career, he went by the name of Scar. Since his encounter, he had become a bitter spiteful man, it would take a little probing to get him to spill the details of that fateful day in the ring. I confronted him as he returned home from his job one day.

Zimmerman: "Scar, the villain in the Lion King. That's one of my favorite childhood films, but I don't recall the role being played by a lowly cripple."
Scar: Just who the hell are you?
Zimm: I am detective Zimmerman. I wanted to-
Scar: Whadda you want?!?
Zimm: I need information. I have none.
Scar: About what?
Zimm: About that prize fight 3 years ago, the one that you left from as a crippled man.
Scar: Isas Alvarado? I ain't sayin nothin about that **** day. Nothin!
Zimm: I see. You killed Mufasa, but you couldn't kill Isai. Now you're a beaten man, you've given up, you're not a Lion, you never were. You're just a little pussycat.
Scar: I'm warning you I'll-
Zimm: You'll what? You won't be doing much from that wheelchair. Now look, I'm here to help you too. What if I told you that there's suspicion that your fight was rigged. There's a lot of evidence that suggests that there's something not right about the way that. A couple months ago a fighter was killed in a fight with Isai. A knee to the head. But according to the autopsy there was something strange. The doctors say at the point of impact Mofo had a heart attack, went blind, deaf, and dumb, and had a bowel movement all at the same time. They say only one thing could've caused that to happen, an electrical charge interfering the processes of the brain. There's no reason why a simple knee should be able to do all that, and it's my job to find out. Now tell me, what happened in that fight?
Scar:.......................I had been doing so well. My coaches had warned me about his knee, but I was too cocky. I tried to Raptor, a move that would ensure my victory is it landed and my defeat if I missed. He dodged it so easily, then he grabbed me and threw me on the ground. I was so shaken I missed my tech, and he saw that. The last thing I remember was him jumping towards me, then a piercing tingling feeling in my body, like a shock..............I woke up in the hospital, and couldn't feel my legs. The doctors said that I'd been paralyzed from the waist down. And that's how it's been ever since.
Zimm: Hmm is that all?
Scar: Well, I don't thinking he was cheating. I mean he was just good, really really good, ya know.
Zimm: Perhaps, he's a little bit too good, Mr. Scar. Too good.

Another link to electrical charges, I was beginning to think I was on the right track. In order to find out more, I sought out the one man Isai would share all his secrets with. A man whom Isai taught all his secrets to, they called him the Spectre. However, if there was shady dealings that the Spectre knew about, he wouldn't be giving them up pretty easily. I needed to enlist some help, so I called some of the other fighters who were wary of Mr. Alvarado's ethics.

On the day of the Spectre's next fight I snuck into his training room and did a little searching, it was there I found what I was looking for. Then all that was left was to confront him get him to confess. He soon entered the room. I crept out from the darkness.

Zimm: Ah Jefferey, the fighter known as the Silent Spectre. How convenient that I'd see you here.
SS: Who's there?
Zimm: Just your friendly neighborhood Zimmerman, detective, and I have a couple questions for ya.
SS: Yeah, well what is it?
Zimm: I don't know, isn't there something you have to tell me.

I brought forth the object I'd found. A device that could emit an electrical charge. It was also built with straps, they fit snugly when I strapped it on my knee, as if it was meant to be there.

Zimm: Mind telling me what a cage fighter is doing with something like this?
SS: Hehehe, do you know just what you're gotten yourself into detective? You're not just dealing with me, you're dealing with the entire DBR. If I go down they'll come after you. Hehe, but then again, I won't be going down, because you and that pulser aren't leaving this room together.
Zimm: Are you sure of that?

The help I'd arranged from stepped out and blocked both of the doorways.

SS: Cactaur?! Drephen?! You two are in on this too?
Cactaur: Our losses to Isai were too staggering, no man could do what he did to us alone.
Drephen: We just wanna know the truth.
Zimm: Yes, Spectre, so just what is the truth? What is this thing?
SS:*grimace* It's called a pulser, when pressure is applied to the top of the device it emits an electrical charge. It can be hidden behind your knee pads if you cut a little of the stuffing out. But if you cut all the stuffing out you the opponent will be able to feel it, so you need to leava a good bit of it in. The stuffing will normally nullify the charge, so what I do is soak my knee pads before the fight, so the charge is carried through the water.
Zimm: So you've been cheating? Why'd you do it?
SS: I never set out to use it. Isai taught me everything I know, but I just could never get as good as him. He would always beat me, and beat me, he was just too GOOD! But then one day, one of the members of DBR approached me, they said they'd show me Isai's secret if I joined them, that's when they gave me the pulser. I went back to challenge Isai again, but he refused me because I had joined DBR, we've never talked since.

I'd gotten all my information from him, but in this situation it wouldn't be beneficial for me to arrest him yet, not with DBR backing him. But the least I could do was stop his cheating.

Zimm: I think I'll be taking this pulser, if you don't mind Spectre, and if you do, I'll report DBR to the police, and let them know you ratted them out.
SS: That's fine, but the joke's still on you. My next match is in 30 mins, however, Isai's starts in 5. There's no way you can get to the ring in time to stop him from doing something horrible to the next challenger.

He was right. It was now highly likely that Isai was too, using a pulser, and if so, the next challenger would be great danger from that knee. I had to get there. I ran through the building towards the main room, but when I got there it was too late, the fight had already started. But that wouldn't stop me, I ran towards the ring, only to be intercepted by security guards.

Zimm: No, you have to listen, Darkrain can't win this fight. Isai is-

I held my breath when I caught sight of the ring. As Isai leapt into the air and landed a knee, I saw DR's eyes roll back. The last thing I saw as they threw me out of the place was Darkrain's body stretched out along the canvas, unconscious. He'd entered a fight he was doomed to lose from the start. All of his challengers did, and at that realization I became enraged. I felt the pain these people had suffered, and this was no longer about the investigation, this was personal, he had to be stopped for the sake of the other fighters, and I'd already had my next move planned out.

A few days later, I followed Isai and his trainer to the location where they would normally practice. Once I was sure they had begun training, I snuck into the trainer's office. It was there found Isai's knee pads, they were wet, soaked. There were holes, like the ones in SS's, however, I found no pulser. However, this alone was enough evidence. I lifted them, along with his belongings, as I was sure he'd miss them.

I waited for 3 hours till they stopped, and I met them at the door. We caught eyes immediately, as if he saw this coming.

Zimm: Looking for this?

I showed the bag which held all his things.

Isai: I've heard there was an investigation about me. Let me guess, Detective Zimmerman, is it?
Zimm: Where's the pulser, Isai?
Isai: Pulser, what the hell is that? I've never even heard of it.
Zimm: Don't play dumb with me, I've gotten all the evidence, your knee pads match the same description as the ones the Spectre was using, it contains a worn area where a pulser can be hidden, and it is soaking wet, now tell me where is it?
Isai: I told you I've never heard of anything like that.
Zimm: Well then, would you like to prove yourself?
Isai: Yeah, how?
Zimm: Fight me in the ring, one-on-one, no knee pads. We'll see if you have the same destructive power without them.

I was sure this would work. Without his knee pads, he would be nothing. I was approximately black, 7 feet tall and weighed about 237 pounds. on top of that I was a black belt in tae-kwon-do, with that at least, I'd be able to take him in the ring. I would allow him to deliver a knee, and lacking it's destructive force I'd take the impact then destroy him at close range, it was foolproof.

We stepped into the ring.

Isai: You understand what can happen right?
Zimm: Oh yes, I understand fully what can and can't happen in this match.

The fight started, it was quick and simple. He stepped forward and threw a jab. I dodged under it and grabbed his arm.Here I allowed him to overpower me by reversing the grab and throwing me to the ground. I got right back up, but by that time he was already in the air, and then............contact.

It was then that I understood everything. As his knee collided with my chest I felt a spark of pure human energy go in and through my body. I began to loose consciousness, but before I faded away, I saw it. Electricity, it came from his knee so naturally, and I knew there was no pulser. His knee pads were worn because he had used them so often, they were soaked from the sweat of his training, there was no pulser involved. It was just him, and his knee was his mark. It was his way of showing everyone that he was better than them, better than Scar, Darkrain, and SS, better than the earth, the moon, the sun, the stars, better than the entire universe. That knee made it clear to me forever that Isai was too good.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I know hahahaha

LOL
What an intelligent rebuttal. Ad hominem attacks are some of my favorites.

They hold their language, again, because of society's dumb inertia. You have to be 13 to use this site without parental permission do you not? 13 is ridiculously old to shield them from a WORD.
Well, that is your opinion and you can hold to it. But the owners think otherwise. Whether it is a more liberal or conservative estimate of age is clearly up to debate, but that is an entirely other debate.

But that's JUST the thing! It's only "family friendly" because that's the status quo! Children are precisely the ones who most need to be weaned off this absurd notion of a word in itself being profane.
And where do you draw the line? With that logic, anyone can say anything they want and claim the meaning was different from the one interpreted by everyone else. But obviously, that would lead to a very harsh environment. It's MLG's opinion that that would be unwelcome for the majority of young posters. Whether or not that falls in line with the status quo is irrelevant.

That's a huge reach and I'm not buying it. Plus I've met JV several times anyway (though it was a few years ago).
I talk with him every week. It's not a huge reach.

And that's ONLY because of being overly familiar! If he had said "I'm gonna tap dat ***" it would have been the same thing.
He was not overly familiar with the content, but the words. If he had just been talking with me and his other close friends, it would have been fine and none of us cared. But there were people there he did not know and decided to speak on the side of caution. Any new member can view these boards. So, we ask you to be formal in that case as well. You aren't just talking to each other: you're talking to everyone. And MLG feels that is cause for some reservations in speaking (as we've both talked of before).

Because arguing is fun and I enjoy testing my ability to articulate ideas. You might even consider this practice for later ;)
Yes, but the problem with posting it here is that many of your fellow posters get overzealous and then post things they shouldn't (rule wise), and I'd like to avoid that.

What I mean is this: You said "that does not mean that it must be changed because in this instance we agree with it." I am not saying we should change tradition, I'm saying we should just ignore that there is a tradition because it's ********.
I don't see how changing a tradition to what you want and ignoring a trdition so that you do what you want are any different in the case of an individual.

That actually is very true: a great deal of posters signed up to the boards within that age group (or at least claim as much when they sign up).

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
JDM's long story said:
I was approximately black, 7 feet tall and weighed about 237 pounds.
i just scrolled through that and this line caught my eye. Approximately black? What the hell?

DontLoseUrLuggage

Smash Cadet
dogface show is super good
1st episode isnt a good one to link because it looks like a 9th grade social studies project

DontLoseUrLuggage

Smash Cadet
top tier:
chocolate
other stuff

high tier:
rainbow sherbert
other stuff

mid tier:
mint chip

low tier:
rocky road

bottom tier:
vanilla

joeplicate

Smash Master
omfg get that **** outta here with your brawl noob ice cream tier list

rocky road is at least s tier
you probably are a cold-stone HOMO or someone who only buys chocolate chip cookie dough

DontLoseUrLuggage

Smash Cadet
are you a ****ing ***?

rocky road is ****ing goat's ******, it is for *******s
chocolate chip cookie dough is MID TIER AT BEST, overrated no doubt
mint chip HAHAHAHAHH ice cream scrub

NAH

NAH

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
strawberry shortcake bars are broken
you don't know whatsup until you've eaten those WWF (now WWE) ice cream bars. they go for like 1.50 and rare to find ice cream men can't seem to keep them in stock they crack for the kids

Top Bottom