• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Teh Future

Smash Master
So ya know how you can pivotgrab MKs whorenado? Im wondering if you can pivotgrab his glide attack also? I dont really think so LOL cause glide attack is so dumb, but is there ANY way to punish glide attack into your shield? I know you can hit him before the glide attack if their doing it out of shuttle loop, but sometimes their gonna hit your shield....

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You can regular-grab MK's tornado, I've done it before with Kirby. It's just a matter of being frame-perfect and abusing those two super armour frames!

As for you actual question, it's quite easily shield-grabbed but I doubt you can pivot-grab it. The hitbox on MK's glide attack simply outranges Mach Tornado's base.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Facts:
I main ice climbers.
I live in a frozen wonderland called canada.
I have a huge bias at tourneys for ice climbers mainer <3

And yeah thats pretty much it.

Oh yeah, im a technogeek.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Cool facts, quality, not quantify, amirite?

On a side note, is it just more, or do the Ice Climbers have the most hype at a tournament? Whenever I go to a tournament and I see an Ice Climbers player, I have to watch the game and I start commentating on behalf of the IC main because it's so **** funny messing around and saying things like "All he needs is one grab! One grab is one stock!". HolyChef knows what I'm talkin' about.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Doesn't matter, lol.

I'm more or less picking at random now.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There really is no point. Mostly for fun and to get to know each other better, I guess.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Oh, okay.
Is the Snake matchup pretty much done?

@EveryoneElse
WHO'S GOING TO MAKE THE **** SOPO CHAINGRAB CHART. :mad: :mad: :mad:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I was going to wait until Monday to change the character, but if no one else responds, then I'll change it.

Prawn

Smash Master
We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine.

la-da-da-da.

on topic, sort of:

You guys think the community would ever go so far as a national ban/restriction on ICs chaingrabs?

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine.

la-da-da-da.

on topic, sort of:

You guys think the community would ever go so far as a national ban/restriction on ICs chaingrabs?
If that happens theres officially no hope for this community and everyone should just quit brawl.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Guys, i need your help. Ontario just banned MK for very scrubby reasons(unlike the actual proban from SBR, they just say hes broken and BS), and with MK gone, they believe ICS infinites are OP. I explained to them that MK isnt whats holding ics back but rather matchups such as rob, Snake and Wario among others.

Please tell them too and use logic. I got very pissed at them at some point, so you may laugh while reading my replies XD.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235341

And chibi, were your facts at?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Apparently this is why I hate MK, because when people talk about him being banned or not, rampage starts about on Smashboards and it sometimes can lead to weird crap.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Yay! ZSS can be bthrow hobbled! (didn't want to necro the hobble thread)
IMO, it's a lot easier than B-Throw to D-Throw. For some reason I can't grab her after D-Throw consistently because she bounces up really fast.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
My Nana isn't that bad except when trying to recover. She either tethers 1 frame before I do so I fall, or stay on the edge when I try to drop down...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Since when was Nana EVER SMART? She's like a ******* that just pisses you off and can't do anything right =.=

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
DX

There should be Nana Boot Camp, where we all get the Nana to train in a school so that they aren't *******. Srsly, because of her, she made me get 3 stocked...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
nana always seems to be awesome just in those few seconds when im dead and havent respawned yet. seriously, she gets kos all the time :D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I feel sad. I got a hard pool at HOBO 17 and lost big time in it :< I had Mr. 3000, BadNewsBear, Rockettrainer, and RedInvader (who was easy to beat, but he left in the middle so my wins against him didn't count).

I wonder how I would've done if I just went Ice Climbers in pools, instead of Wolf and Sheik.

Oh yeah, I saw lots of Ice Climbers there. I had an IC ditto against Melee1 too, in friendlies, then afterwards he told me that he's really good at them (and he was, I learned quite a bit about IC dittos from him).

At least I did well in teams :D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
well there's your problem. you should never go wolf in a brawl tourney... i mean, thats just silly.
When I'm fighting a Snake, Lucario, and Sonic, Wolf is just the smarter choice though... I didn't realized until a $1 MM I had against some random diddy (forgot his name, I think it started with an A) and beat him, then tried using some of my alts against him for friendlies afterwards and got ***** in every single one of those matches, that my Ice Climbers are probably a lot better than my other characters.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
How the hell do you play IC dittos?

And what have you learned KRD?
I learned that it's easily possible to chain grab the other IC when they're both still alive. If you have hurt them so they're at different percents, grab release > Smash or something > Start chain grabbing. If the other climber runs back to you, have your other Ice Climber hit them away again. I was surprised it was working on me, it sucks when Nana is the one who's running back to save you x.x

Edit: I remember why I didn't trust my Ice Climbers for singles, because I lost to Melee1's in an IC ditto, then lost to Ice's Snake with IC (both friendlies matches) and he said he plays Melee1 all the time. Losing quite a few times with a character in friendlies before a tourny usually gives off a bad vibe about them :/

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Its seriously becoming unfun to play brawl with all the scrubs that complain about iceclimbers T_T;;.
At a recent tournament the guy I knocked out complained to the host for about an hour then tryed to DQ me.
Then he found me on youtube and gave me threatening messages >_> , lol?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
LOL dude. People need to grow up. People are talking about super-learning the MK matchup to be good against him, do the same with IC's.

Chibi told me that his interwebz are down and he won't be able to post facts until the webz are back up for him. He said you can skip him until he gets back

<3 Chibi.

r3d d09

Smash Master
It takes lots of time to get good with IC's, unlike MK. it doesn't you can do really well with him as a pick up char. . . but with IC's you need to know what you're doing.
Banning a char that is easy to pick up and place is understandable. . . but banning a character that takes people a month or so to get comfortable with him for tourny play. that's different. We atleast put forth effort to become better unlike MK ;)

IxxI

Smash Fence
No, we can't control Nana. She does everything by herself. Sometimes she attacks, or does things that are ********.

r3d d09

Smash Master
one time, i got my popo knocked off the ledge and nana stayed behind, i was about to die. Nana Fsmashed the player while he was taunting. the opponent died before i did. best all time moment in brawl. . . that day anyways lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hobo17.

I did bad :(.

Well, I had a stupidly hard bracket and 2-0ed my whole pool and took razer's snake to 3rd game last stock and was one hit away from beating mikehaze in a MM...

But I still placed bad >_<.

**** I refuse to place this low.

Top Bottom