• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Drink more Dr Pepper!

But how low did you place?
I got 17th out of 100. Lost to Razers snake and Brolys Marth.

I did better against razer then I ever do with GW. Took him to 3rd match last stock. Broly destroyed me though. I did much better against haze if any of you saw that MM on the livestream.

Sure my bracket was hellish, but I can do better then ****ing 17th.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

I did better against razer then I ever do with GW. Took him to 3rd match last stock. Broly destroyed me though. I did much better against haze if any of you saw that MM on the livestream.

seriously. step it up, man.:ohwell:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hylian, was the friendly you played with Havok at Genesis representative of how you play against Marth in matches that matter? If so, then you nair way too much against Marth.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
...I ever do with GW.
AHA! THATS why you lost! You used someone other than the ICs!
Seriously tho, that's not bad out of all those people. Don't get down on yourself and get back out there and practise! You'll beat em next time! Need more Poptarts >.>

*sigh* I don't know what happened with my infinites last time I played with my friend >.>
I like CGed him but he got out faster than I've seen the pros get out.
And when I went faster I screwed up :(
Oh and whats Bnzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa disscussion? I've never seen that name..... >.>

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I did much better against haze if any of you saw that MM on the livestream.
If it was the match where he screamed every time you chain grabbed him, that means it's on my laptop and is one of the videos that will be uploaded from HOBO 17.

By the way Hylian, no bracket johns, you forget, you're Hylian, you're amazing.

I still wish I could get something other than a pool with all powerranked people :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, was the friendly you played with Havok at Genesis representative of how you play against Marth in matches that matter? If so, then you nair way too much against Marth.
I don't ever try in friendlies. I just have fun.

AHA! THATS why you lost! You used someone other than the ICs!
Seriously tho, that's not bad out of all those people. Don't get down on yourself and get back out there and practise! You'll beat em next time! Need more Poptarts >.>
I used 100% IC's >_>...

And it's true that I didn't practice at all the week before. I played melee all week. And my controller broke at the tournament :(.

If it was the match where he screamed every time you chain grabbed him, that means it's on my laptop and is one of the videos that will be uploaded from HOBO 17.

By the way Hylian, no bracket johns, you forget, you're Hylian, you're amazing.

I still wish I could get something other than a pool with all powerranked people :/
I couldn't CG mike haze because he screamed really really loudly into my ear whenever I grabbed him :(. Every time :(.

But yeah, upload that please.

meepxzero

Smash Master

Dont feel bad just learn why you lost and get better that way. Its easy to know why u lose with ic. More than half the time is cuz you most likely messed up infinites or some crap lol.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I played melee all week.
But....
You didn't see brawl go slower?
But why did you say GW If you said you did 100% ICs?
Edit: That might be some good player, not Game And Watch =/
But anyway if your controler broke then how could you play at all?
That's not a john.

meepxzero

Smash Master
thats fuked up if mikehaze does that.... Remind me when playing ic against him to sit a good distance from him >_>

But if he does that again. Just yell back at him when cging and tell him he sucks at the game and he has to resort to cheap tactics to mess up ur cg. Thats what i do.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I couldn't CG mike haze because he screamed really really loudly into my ear whenever I grabbed him :(. Every time :(.
lmao he's always done that. In fact, I've been waiting for a chance to play an IC main so I can try it and see if it works.

swordgard

Smash Hero
thats fuked up if mikehaze does that.... Remind me when playing ic against him to sit a good distance from him >_>

But if he does that again. Just yell back at him when cging and tell him he sucks at the game and he has to resort to cheap tactics to mess up ur cg. Thats what i do.
Pretty sure you could DQ him for that, or else you could just punch the guy in the fact and say its not written in the rules you cant do it. Seriously.

Either wya, your right about ics, just watch your own videos and you can often spot your mistakes.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Bnzaaa's American name is Benjamin
Bnzaaa is 19 years old
Bnzaaa 100% Ghanaian
Bnzaaa's Ghanaian name is Kwaku and hates when people pronounce it wrong
Bnzaaa went to Ghana when he was 2 but doesn't remember most of it
Bnzaaa stopped speaking Twi, his native language because his cousins made fun of his American accent
Bnzaaa didn't speak a lot of English when he was little
Bnzaaa hates when people call Africa a country
Bnzaaa is not a only child
Bnzaaa learned how to walk when he was 8 months old
Bnzaaa learned how to run by tripping after taking his first step
Bnzaaa learned how to read when he was 2
Bnzaaa has trouble remember what he reads out loud
Bnzaaa could only see the colors red and blue up until he was 4
Bnzaaa likes to read a lot
Bnzaaa used to play soccer and ran track
Bnzaaa traveled the east coast for soccer in middle school
Bnzaaa was born left handed
Bnzaaa's teacher forced him to use his right hand because she said left handed people are of the devil
Bnzaaa is from New Jersey, but goes to school in Pennsylvania
Bnzaaa currently attends Temple University
Bnzaaa ran the hurdles when he did track
Bnzaaa was a part of the national ranked shuttle hurdle team in 07-08
Bnzaaa runs everyday
Bnzaaa is 5ft 7in tall
Bnzaaa didn't grow past 4 feet tall until he was 9
Bnzaa grew 7 inches when he was 9, and 8 inches when he was 11
Bnzaaa has had a beard and mustache since he was 12, and was 5'6 from then until he was 18
Bnzaaa sometimes wishes he could grow about 3 more inches
Bnzaaa can jump high enough to dunk a basketball
Bnzaaa's body is out of proportion
Bnzaaa's has size 14 feet, and the hands of a person who is 6'2
Bnzaaa can't draw and doesn't like to dance
Bnzaaa can sing, but doesn't like to sing alone
Bnzaaa was an All Bergen County Chorus Member and is currently a member of his school choir
Bnzaaa also played Trombone, which he picked up his second year of high school
Bnzaaa can sight sing but can't sight read
Bnzaaa sees colors when he listens to music or sings
Bnzaaa listens to pretty much anything, especially 8-bit music
Bnzaaa concentrates better when there is music playing, rather than silence
Bnzaaa's favorite characters are Crash Bandicoot and Mr. Game and Watch
Bnzaaa likes to play Smash Bros, Mario Strikers (GC), Pokemon, some Mario Kart games, and Doctor Mario
Bnzaaa is currently playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Bnzaaa's Time Trial Records in Mario Kart 64 were among the best in the country on a few courses
Bnzaaa's times weren't recorded for national rankings because he had no recording equipment
Bnzaaa was only 10 at that time
Bnzaaa lurks Smashboards a lot
Bnzaaa lurked IGN and Gamefaqs since 01, Smashboards since 03 when he started playing smash, and had a Gamewinners account since 05
Bnzaaa only had one controller, thus he only lurked the one player and smash 64 threads
Bnzaaa has all the trophies in Melee and Brawl
Bnzaaa's Melee disk broke in 05, and doesn't play Melee unless with a friend or at a tournament
Bnzaaa mains Luigi in Smash 64, and the Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl
Bnzaaa's school activities wouldn't allow him to attend many tournaments
Bnzaaa's parents wouldn't let him attend tournaments when he was in high school on the few weekends he had free
Bnzaaa shadowed surgeons as an intern at a local hospital
Bnzaaa was shadowed people at MLG in New York for about 2 weeks
Bnzaaa's mother made him quit when she found out :(
Bnzaaa started playing Melee again recently because a friend of his has the game now
Bnzaaa is currently learning how to drive
Bnzaaa usually runs or takes public transportation to places
Bnzaaa started going to tournaments in the summer of 08
Bnzaaa likes to swim, but can't swim very well
Bnzaaa like warm weather, but doesn't mind the cold
Bnzaaa doesn't get sick often
Bnzaaa went to one of the most difficult high schools in his area
Bnzaaa had many untrue stereotypes held against him, and made many enemies in the school
Bnzaaa doesn't like arrogant/cocky attitudes
Bnzaaa only really speaks when someone asks a question
Bnzaaa likes to tell stories of his past
Bnzaaa likes to laugh a lot
Bnzaaa's straight face looks more like a frown
Bnzaaa got his name from a friend who randomly shouted it out during a track meet
Bnzaaa likes to think but usually ends up overthinking
Bnzaaa doesn't smoke or drink, but always ends up around people who do somehow
Bnzaaa doesn't like when people smoke around him and isn't much of a party person
Bnzaaa's mouse just stopped working
Bnzaaa is done

I guess if you have any questions you can ask.

Teh Future

Smash Master
LOL MikeHaze. Ive had someone do that (it was in friendlies and for luls though), it doesn't really work unless they are really obnoxious though, at least for me lol but I'd probably mess up anyways just cause Im terrible at CGing.

Also controller breaking is totally a legit john, my grab button went out halfway through a pools match at the last tourney I went to, and I ended up using someone else's controller I wasn't used to the rest of the time, it sucked.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
theres a guy that screams when i CG him.. he screamed right in my ear... so i glared at him and continued doing the CG then up-smashed him as i glared him down.... he never screamed again.

swordgard

Smash Hero
theres a guy that screams when i CG him.. he screamed right in my ear... so i glared at him and continued doing the CG then up-smashed him as i glared him down.... he never screamed again.
Holy managed to distract me once cause i thought he was having a seizure LOL

It never worked again >.< I hope he never gets a real one during a match, i would probably not notice now.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I usually have a little crowd of fans at the tournies im a now =]

They either scream about how skill-less I am and that I should get cancer, or break out the Yipez quotes.

"OH HE'S SO PRINGLES.... WHERE YO CURLEH MUSTACHE AT?"

50/50 split really :3

r3d d09

Smash Master
Even though my CG'ing is lame, I player didn't know when i was playing him. once i grabbed him, he put the controller down and said "nice game" and walked off. lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
This post is now 1337.

Id like to spend this post to express my appreciation towards the members of the ice climbers boards despite sometimes sounding like a douche.

<3

Teh Future

Smash Master
Even though my CG'ing is lame, I player didn't know when i was playing him. once i grabbed him, he put the controller down and said "nice game" and walked off. lol
lol Ive heard of a couple people doing that, but its never happend to me. Most people are pretty kewl about it in my region though.

The Filth

Smash Lord
The majority of people in the Northwest find chaingrabs actually interesting, even when they're being 0-deathed.

There's only a handful of people who hate the stuff and shout me out for it. I've not properly felt the hate I was hoping for :3

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
*sigh* My friend jams the Cstick so much when I grab him I literally don't have time to CG, even at like 50% he gets out >1 second so it's frustrating. And I can't grab him because he's Metaknight and all he does is aerials. And on WiFi it's so bad it isn't even funny. AND it gives more time to jam buttons to get out.

Sieguest

Smash Master
*sigh* My friend jams the Cstick so much when I grab him I literally don't have time to CG, even at like 50% he gets out >1 second so it's frustrating. And I can't grab him because he's Metaknight and all he does is aerials. And on WiFi it's so bad it isn't even funny. AND it gives more time to jam buttons to get out.
Practice, Practice...and even MORE PRACTICE...:) That's the life...:)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, seeing "BananaHammock Discussion" is gonna be awkward as hell. :urg:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You don't know what a banana hammock is?

Top Bottom