• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Mask Salesman's Happy Picture and Texture Shop! (undergoing changes)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I just downloaded this texture for Zelda..... I couldn't help it..... =X

JESUS!

(Using Smash Blue now, so I can't tell if these stretch the screen..... I can resize them if it bothers anyone.)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've seen that one =p I was tempted to get it because I thought "surely not?", but you've pretty much shown what I was expecting lol! Good stuff!

Sink really??? I didn't think it changed that much!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
We have the flirt master Sonic who also just happens to be gay and yet Sinking's the one lecturing about right clothes to wear...

Just a notice ;)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
lol HSS. Well, fashion is a big part of my job. I should hope I know a little something about it.

Kat, that dress is very balanced right now, visually speaking. Attention is going up to her face, the detail work is around her waist line, and the lines make her look taller. Basically it's all there. From this point you can add details here and there (some kind of ruby or something where the black lines meet on her chest, a more elaborate necklace, echoing the seaming once or twice, etc...) making it more complex, but there's still beauty in a simple dress.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Kat, if you want things transparent, you paint them magenta. I have not done this myself, but I just read a guide recently about it.

:bandit:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Bandit... 2 things!

1) http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8054440&postcount=855 This is how you make things transparent. Using magenta is only for +1 or +2 textures, which are very few. Anything else you just use the method in the link :)

2) Your bottom icon... is very fitting =D

__

Oh and here's the new texture I'm working on. It's my rendition of Goldilocks lol >.>

*summons fashion guru sinking*

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah her arms are a pain - parts of her arm are a mix of different colours so getting the right skin tone is tricky.

I'll see what I can do to the corset to make it better.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
She's got quite visible tan stripes I see :laugh:

I actually like that design. There're some colour problems here and there but it should look good after those are fixed. I don't know anything about fashion though so I'll leave that to sinking.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I like the colours kat.

With the hair being slightly orange than the dress being muted green/yellow green, you might consider making the (currently red) dress lining violet, then you'd be working with a secondary colour-scheme It would just give some more life and pizazz to the upper half.

She's quite nifty though I must say. I like the way her dress falls and kind of fades out.

Try making her shoes a bright orange or yellow-orange. Shoes and clothes NEVER have to match, but don't keep them in the same colour family (i.e. don't make them yellow-green or blue-green/blue for this dress).

I don't know how I feel about the green gloves. Again with the colour matching. You could remove them and just add some large gold bracelets. Try making her necklace some kind of large blue glass necklace. Something like this, only a more appropriate colour.

http://www.tashascloset.biz/catalog/images/necklace32 (2).jpg

Anyway, like I said, you did a greeaaatttt job kat. (Maybe subconsciously you took Saria into account just for meeeee? :p) The fringe on the bottom of the dress and the pattern in the mid section are quite well done.

Do you think you might be able to turn those red seams into a halter/strap of some kind? Just to see how it looks.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... so I tried to do Maleficent today. By and far one of the greatest cartoon villains of all time:

This is what I got:

The dress is just impossible to get it looking exactly like Maleficent's because of the collar and the folded sleeps and drooping waves, but I tried!

Oh, I need an idea for red zelda... nothing too cliché... I've done blue, green, now black, and I'm moving onto red next. I'm thinking I'll do each colour and then refine them on my way back:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Its creepy Kata thats your best one yet in my opinion, but I guess Sihi will be the judge of that lol. Ill start thinking of red ideas

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
lol, she's pretty epic! Maleficent is one of my favourite villians.

I was thinking, Kat, it might be interested to see a business-suit Zelda.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Yep, that's very nice outfit. It looks so balanced and ominous. Clearly my favorite of the ones you've done.

As for red, only one ones that I can think of are Little Red Riding Hood (lol so cliché) and Velvet from Odin Sphere.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Thanks guys!

A Melissa-inspired look fits zelda imo more than Velvet... but Velvet looks undeniably cool! She'll just be too hard to do so I'll try out Melissa.

The only thing is... can anyone get me a reference picture with Melissa's entire body and dress in? I can't seem to find one... =(

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
A Melissa-inspired look fits zelda imo more than Velvet... but Velvet looks undeniably cool! She'll just be too hard to do so I'll try out Melissa.
I agree, Velvet would be practically impossible. She just was first character that came into my mind when I was thinking about red clothes, lol.

Also, if I'm thinking about the correct character,this video has some moments that show her dress fairly well. (2:19, for example). I also found this very small blurry image:

Edit: Made the picture bigger.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That is perfect!, and that would be a perfect dress for a zelda and not too tricky. The hair would be the only thing I'm worried about...

It'll simply be a red dress with red sleeves, but the folds in the dress would be the biggest hurdle here. I'll see what I can come up with.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I personally think she'll look better in that dress than Melissa (although mostly because Melissa's body looks weird to me)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Im thinking of Making an Ultimecia Zelda texture....now for more FF ideas (besides Garnet, and Rinoa) what other Heroines/Villans would work as a Zelda texture?

im in a FF mood rite now XD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Peachkid good to see you, I've been experimenting with a few textures myself now thanks to you.

And... there's Aerith, Terra, Fran would work really well with the elf-looks and such, I know Peach has the Lulu texture but I think it would suit Zelda a lot more - body proportion wise I mean.

I'd like to see a Beatrix texture - that would be legendary.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Peachkid good to see you, I've been experimenting with a few textures myself now thanks to you.

And... there's Aerith, Terra, Fran would work really well with the elf-looks and such, I know Peach has the Lulu texture but I think it would suit Zelda a lot more - body proportion wise I mean.

hehehe i saw! they look really cool ^.^ i particularly like the Malificant one :D and i really like the idea for fran. she would work very well for zelda

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

ew fran, lulu could work though lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh wow, that's pretty good, Dimentio.

EDIT: Which stage texture is that for FD? (In the last picture.)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
**** me! I ****ing LOVE IT! How did you do the bowtie?

I say we make a bunch of textures dimentio :)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Yep, that texture is really good. I also hear P3 is a very good game so bonus points for that.

Maybe I should start using texture hacks too...

...nah.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's Mario Galaxy Final Destination. I found it over at the Kitty Corp boards. Did you want it?
If it's on Kitty Corp, I'll find it. I'm not changing my textures just yet, but I'll keep it in mind for when I do. Thanks!

...nah.
Textures are too good. I don't think I've heard normal Brawl music in a long time, lol.

.:Dimentio:.

Smash Rookie
**** me! I ****ing LOVE IT! How did you do the bowtie?

I say we make a bunch of textures dimentio :)
Thanks~ I got a picture of a Red bow tie and did some editing too make it somewhat like Mitsuru's bow tie.

Here is what I used.

And here is what it looks like on the texture.

Yep, that texture is really good. I also hear P3 is a very good game so bonus points for that.

...nah.
My friends talk about it alot and they got me hyped for it. That's how Mitsuru Zelda was born lol.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've added your textures to the OP!

Half-split you must get into textures! You'll have a lot of fun designing your own stuff... it's pretty amazing what you can do!

Top Bottom