• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A serious question. Peaches Viability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You're entitled to your own opinion Dark but please remember we're entitled to our own as well.
Not what I was talking about.

Shut up. If you're gonna go emo about a simple discussion then don't take it to these boards where some poor b`astard might have the misfortune of reading it. No one is pointing a finger at anyone for anything, jeez.
Why don't you shut up and get what I am saying for once. What I just say is my damm opinion. Don't like it? use the damm ignore list. And in this case you must be the misfortune b@stard that fail to read. I think that people would agree that my opinions were wrong from what SaSu said. My damm opinion.it was not even a rant. Notice the "Ha ha" fool.

Don't like what I gotta say? too bad, I can say what I wan't. use the ignore list dammit......

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats the answer to everything, when all fails, go meta. Lots do it now these days.(if that is what you were getting at)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Not what I was talking about.

Why don't you shut up and get what I am saying for once. What I just say is my damm opinion. Don't like it? use the damm ignore list. And in this case you must be the misfortune b@stard that fail to read. I think that people would agree that my opinions were wrong from what SaSu said. My damm opinion.it was not even a rant. Notice the "Ha ha" fool.

Don't like what I gotta say? too bad, I can say what I wan't. use the ignore list dammit......
SaSu and SuSa are completely different. I do thank you for keeping the proper capitlization of the S's though.

Also here is the person:
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=66803

I also suggest you edit out your censor dodging before the mod I reported it to sees it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
SaSu and SuSa are completely different. I do thank you for keeping the proper capitlization of the S's though.

Also here is the person:
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=66803

I also suggest you edit out your censor dodging before the mod I reported it to sees it.
Opps, Sorry for getting it backwards.

And I don't care if I get infracted for it. I am who I am and if people don't like it or I get in trouble for it, oh well. I'm not here to please anyone. I speak my mind and always will no matter what.

I'm not gonna edit that. Or should I have Light.Pch speak for me more often, hahaha!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Btw, just curious but what's with Light.Pch?

Did Dark Pch quit brawl and the peach boards for Light.Pch to take his place? ;O

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Btw, just curious but what's with Light.Pch?

Did Dark Pch quit brawl and the peach boards for Light.Pch to take his place? ;O
I would actually tell you all what is really up with that )no I am not insane or a skitso, or however you spell it). But if I did, for the type of person I am, you would never believe me. so I don't know if I wanna tell you ;D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is getting off topic but here it goes. As of now, as my sig says, I am Dark.Pch alter ego Light.Pch. It be easy to decent me for e 3 obvious reason.

My grammer, vocabualry
Text is in white
I use emoticons :D

Pretty much, I am the reverse image of Dark.Pch. This is for those that always wonder how Dark.Pch would be is he was not always angry and etc. This is him as never seen before on this site. Actions and most opinions are different. I'm pretty much the "What if Dark.Pch....." As for using Peach. I play her competley different from Dark.Pch And that will be seen at the tournament on Saturday. And I use white Peach. I am mostly a listener. I'm also a debater but not in terms of Dark.Pch.

Keep things simple. I am the Dark.Pch that no one thought existed. So hi. *waves* :)

hiROI

Smash Lord
This needs to stop.

I know I don't contribute much to these boards as other members, but as a Peach player, i feel allowed to say this. I am not trying to start anything.

All this bickering needs to stop.

Why isn't Peach metagame improving? Because the PLAYERS are always in some sort of argument. Dark, I'm not trying to start a fight between us, but can you please stop taking everything to heart? You say its 100 vs 1, but NO ONE IS FIGHTING WITH YOU. Metatitan is giving his opinion, and your reacting as if he destroyed all of your beliefs. You then say that King Beef is one of the few who understands you and actually comprehend what you say. Last time I checked, Metatitan isn't ignorant and can comprehend what your saying. And why are you getting angry with Razmakazi? He didn't do anything to provoke this hate. If you dont like them or any other Peaches, why won't you block them like you did to NikoK?

This isn't meant for anything but to tell you to chill man. We're here to help each other, not fight. And stop telling Meta to go back to his character board. We need all the help in order for Peach to get better. Also, people respect you Dark, so don't feel so isolated.

AND ON TOPIC~

Today I played a MK on AiB. I finally felt the rapeness. But on the brightside, I DID THE UPSMASH THING ON SMASHVILLE! :lick:

Metatitan

Smash Master
Okay so here's an honest question and PLEASE do not take it badly Dark. When you type normally as yourself, do you do improper grammar and spelling on purpose or do you just type really fast and not check it? Because your grammar when you type in white is legible xD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
He types fast and looks at the keyboard and never the screen.

And aren't we getting off topic? Least ask me questions related to this.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I like this thread, I've actually learnt a lot. Defensive, aggressive, ground, air...

Also, the Peach Boards should be modded daily by 30 moderators. Don't respond, it's off-topic.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Ok...someone finish this sentence of with whatever characters they please.

"A Peach hasn't taken a tournament set off of a good _____________ in recent memory."

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
1. Peach. When it comes to a character in general she's...b. Right where she should be
2. I feel that her bad matchups... (60-40 and worse...)
Are bearable. It can be done, but the difficulty is very high.
3. In addition... her Bad matchups...
Are kinda... difficult . I mean sure, you can win but... at a national level...? Yeah....It's neutral for me.
4. In Maining this character I feel, it's going to be a hard ******* climb to the top, Peach will have her day. We all just have to step our game up. Someone will break through. and with new discoveries, it may not be to far off.

But first I have to get good T_T

Meh I need to get in the scene,MD is too lively to keep passing up these chances, I need to experience top level play at the sauce, not relayed down from those that go.

edit: sry I'm just reaally late to this too much Shoddy battle xD

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
I think Peach has potential to go much higher than she is now. I'd even say high tier, maybe. The flexibility of play styles is what really got me liking her so much. Though I'm a very aggressive type :-p. I've been trying to cool myself down a bit on all of my mains.

But overall I believe that a fully fluid Peach is required to grab high ranks on the national scale. There are a bunch of different play styles (kinda already covered earlier on) and no one style is the answer to everybody. So a good understanding of all play styles and the ability to switch between them, coupled with a good read of your opponent, will really do some damage.

That's just my two cents, I suppose. Go Peach!
If i got all these 2 cents every time one of you americans gave 2 cents, i could be pretty well off, just like in brawl to win you have to vary and be unpredictable, 2 cents is getting overused and people should step up the life metagame by changing your catch phrases every so often.

I apologise little things get to me : (.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Praxis plays a white peach. Does playing white peach make enhance your play?
I'm going to have to say yes :p

As far as viability, I dont know~ MK is basically a beefed up marth, with no holes (to ****, ohhhh~ :D) She doesnt really have a reliable way of gimping him so she has to kill him outright, which is somewhat offset by his light weight. And with marth, its a lot of picking away at the holes in his attack set and not getting swept away once he connects a hit. MK lacks a lot of those holes, and you have to punish player mistakes :| And his attacks, in general, are better.

I just dont believe MK is fair :( But as opinions are the dish of the day, here's your order. (better than the "my 2 cents" i hope :D)

edit:

My style is based on safe moves and punishment. It's an illusionary aggression. I also develop a completely separate playstyle on a per-matchup basis, and some matchups (like Wario, Kirby, etc) I camp and play defensive alllll day long, while others have me constantly switching (like Marth), and others have me aggressing (Olimar, although I actually do camp Olimars for part of the match).
I have to ask because i'm so nosey :D Are you "camping" by staying at a range, refreshing moves on pikmin then going in for the kill/gimp?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I have to ask because i'm so nosey :D Are you "camping" by staying at a range, refreshing moves on pikmin then going in for the kill/gimp?
If you time it properly, you can SH float bair every pikmin he throws and take 0% and airstall as long as you want. Except the purples, which you can shield and they pass through harmlessly.

What I do is, when he gets purples, switch to camp mode. Bair every pikmin he throws until I can bait him to throw a purple, then FF and shield the purple, and then KILL the purple as it tries to run back to him (since you're now in between Olimar and the little purple trying to scurry back).

Camp him till you've killed his purples, then go after him again.

It's an even matchup as long as Olimar has purples.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
So, Sky and I can free turnip pull fluently and...
It raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapes.
why **** does sky finally decide listen to me?
come on praxis. join us. >=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHppOHdDZ2s

there are no recent tournament videos of me doing any of my fantastic techniques, but i am so out of shape i dont see myself trying to get crunk with with peach anymore.

just learn how to defensively use turnips against meta-ho. you'll be fine!!11 jk. thats for you praxis.

i was doing the funniest **** against this really ridiculous falco that loves to camp on fd (TKD, lol). pull a turnip and jump with your full jump to its highest height - then double jump to get as high as you can from there and float at the very highest peach can possibly reach with her two jumps. it annoys the hell out of them because i think they have to use their second jump to laser you out of your float (and its all downhill from there). when they do use their double jump like an idiot- try to land before they do and chase their *****. lol i know it sounds really dumb, but i was actually pressuring a decent falco on that stage for once.:confused: i dont know, maybe im wrong. i dont know what to do anymore!!11 this crown is officially dull. armada should play brawl peach.

WTF was the main post about again? SKY? something? Q&A?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
1. Peach. When it comes to a character in general she's...

a. Underrated.
b. Right where she should be.
c. Overrated.
d. Severely underrated.
e. Severely overrated.
B.

She's doesn't have the 'broken' aspect as the higher tier characters do, so it's a struggle and a half to get up higher than she already is. Then again, when used correctly she can kick butt in 1987 sculpted prada highheels. She doesn't need to be on the top, she just needs to put up a good fight, which she can obviously do.

2. I feel that her bad matchups... (60-40 and worse...)

a. Prevent her from making it to the top placings of X regional.
b. Are difficult, and usually require some sort of Sub to even those out.
c. Are bearable. It can be done, but the difficulty is very high.
d. Not too bad. She's got some kinks, but If you know the matchup, you should be fine.
e. She has bad matchups?
Somewhere on B and C

Subs are nice, but I rather have a sub only for more personal or fun-factor aspects of it. Peach can hold her own very well. It depends how much you get yourself up. Obstacles can be overcome, it just depends on what path Fate gives you to utilize your tools to overcome them.

3. In addition... her Bad matchups...

a. Are unwinnable, because there comes a point where it doesn't matter how much you know the matchup, you're just gonna get *****.
b. Are kinda... un realistic. I mean sure, you can win but... at a national level...? Yeah...
c. It's neutral for me. I mean if I know the matchup better than them, why shouldn't I win?
d. They are do-able. It's what you put into it, that's what you get out of it.
e. She has bad matchups...?
B

SSBB isn't broken to the point of MvC2 (Trust me, it'll never be). But against power players in national tournaments, yeah right. You can only really beat power players by being a power player yourself. Peach is not a tool for power players.

4. in Maining this character... I think that...

a. Honestly it's like one of those brick walls. you can only get soo good, but she's still a limited character. You won't reach the top with her alone, and that's the **** truth.
b. It's like putting yourself at a severe disadvantage. You can climb that hill, but it's so **** hard... I'd rather just enter tournaments for fun. Because the effort that it would take to win is soo... ugh..
c. It can be done. Like any game, it's going to be hard, but it can be done. Just gotta stick with it. Sub or no sub.
B

Personal experience at trying to power play makes the game pointless in terms of fun. Sure I can win, but in the end, what's the point? As much as it's a nice feeling to win, it's definitely not worth it if along the way, the journey becomes a chore or like some kind of duty that you must obligate yourself to. *cough* World of Warcraft! *cough*

Winning isn't everything, and playing Peach and using characters I like simply because I like them is a very nice feeling. It makes the gaming world leisurely again, as it was always meant to be.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
u don't need to bump useless old threads that don't actually improve peach when there's plenty of productive stuff actually going on in the boards (finally.) >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom