• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
http://skylerocon.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/neku/

Ah, TWEWY. I love that game. Probably the DS game that gets the most attention from me. However, please note that these will be applied complaints to all parts of the set where they aren’t mentioned:

- Killing percentages
- Range
- Priority

These three are still missed sometimes by even the best MYM-er, and making it a point to include them will definitely help you out.

At a glance, the jab combo looks good. It’s very generic, though it would serve its purpose in a real match. However, how fast does it go? I know, it’s a jab, it should be assumed that it has incredibly little lag, but it’s still a nice thing to tell me, to clear up any confusion.

The next thing I noticed was that two of your tilts can hit for incredibly good damage. A possible 18% on the Ftilt (which is practically guaranteed if you hit with it)? 15% with your up tilt (not to mention ‘considerable’ lag on a tilt, which even for 15% damage tilt, seems like too much). The Dtilt does reasonable damage and is a pretty cool move, I think.

The dash attack is a bit off – it does five percent but high knockback? And why would a move that you used on the stage put you into helpless (much less keep you in helpless after you get hit by an attack)? The ending lag also seems a bit much (Jigglypuff’s dash attack can kill at 100% and has nearly unnoticeable ending lag).

And now we have a forward smash that lasts two seconds? Hate to use an example that’s been beaten to death, but a Falcon Punch only lasts three quarters of a second. And for two seconds we get at most 16% with set knockback? This move would be absolutely useless in even casual play! In any case, whenever a move has set knockback you want it to be quick and nearly lagless. If the move is going to be laggy, you’re going to want to be able to kill with it (or I suppose you could reciprocate from the fixed knockback with incredibly high damage, but that would still seem very weird). Pretty much, this move needs less lag, more damage, and more knockback.

First thought on the down smash is that the damage-only parts need to do more damage. Second thought is that the blue fire also needs to do more damage. Third thought is that you don’t tell me how laggy the attack is, or how long it lasts. Other than that, the move is good.

The Down Smash is a great idea, but it isn’t described very well… how high up, exactly, does the ring go? Is it directly above Neku? Is it five stage builder blocks above Neku? Other than that, no problems here.

The neutral air is good. The forward air just needs a decrease in the total amount of time it takes (1.5 seconds? Ouch!), but other than that, it’s a cool move. The back air is pretty cool, as is the up air. With the down air, how many hits can it cause? For all I know, you get 4% per every hundredth of a second the attack is in use!

Now then… Specials for Shiki. The neutral special is a good idea, and I never would have thought to include the O-Pin in such a way. The up special good, though it could probably deal a bit more damage. The side special is great, no qualms here. The down special needs a SERIOUS decrease in start-up lag, however.

Josh’s specials now. The neutral special needs a decrease in start-up lag, but other than that it’s fine. The up special’s description is a bit weird, but after re-reading it once or twice, I understood what you meant (and love the move). I assume that Neku can move after he shouts Josh, and he won’t be stuck in place for two seconds in the side special, so that move is all good. The down special works great too. I’m really loving the flame/splash core interactivity here.

As for Beat, the neutral special is great. I was initially turned off by how long it took for Rhyme to move onto the screen, but then I realized that it was perhaps better that way. This prevent people from gimping opponents by just pressing B whenever their opponent is offstage! Instead, they have to predict when they’ll manage to knock ‘em off and use Rhyme according.

The up special, however, is a bit weird. One second is dangerously long for this move to take. I’d suggest bumping it down to three quarters of a second, but only allowing Neku three seconds of flight time. I like how that the up special and side special are very good recovery options – chances are, you’ll only be using Beat on your third and final stock, so a great recovery is good.

I like the idea of the down special, but on the effect for having two splash cores, four seconds is a bit much. I’d say tone it down to two. But the move is awesome; I love it.

The throws are good, no comments on those. Same as with the Final Smashes.

So, overall, we have a set that’s good for a newbie set. It certainly won’t be a top contender, but I can see how some of your future sets will be. An increase in detail (As mentioned above) will help, as well as an increase in focus on playstyle (it was there, just not fully realized. It’s like you grasped at the concept of a playstyle, but you didn’t really make one) will help you here.

I look forward to seeing more from you, Apemasta.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Was testing BB coding on Urban Champion, accidently clicked Reply. Ignore this post.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Is it possible to repost my Goemon or Ridley movesets?
I plan on revamping them alittle to add description to the attacks to better flesh out how the moves look.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Yes, but you can only reuse up to five moves, and you probably should reuse none, as with all honesty they need to be stepped up in terms of detail, originality and playstyle to be serious contenders. :ohwell:

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Neku: Great read and I am a fan of TWEWY, so it was rather fun to read your moveset. The partners worked in well with his moveset and to me felt like a time restraint version of the pokemon trainer). The only main problem I had with the moveset was some of the damage percent for his Jabs and Tilts. I might have mistaken it but I think teh Jabs do a total of 23% damage when completed which sound broken for a med weight character like Neku. HIs specials were fun to read and the little black book was a nice small bonus job :laugh:. I can not to seem more movesets from you.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Is it possible to repost my Goemon or Ridley movesets?
I plan on revamping them alittle to add description to the attacks to better flesh out how the moves look.
If you added what Wizzerd said, combind with all of the pics in your moveset, I think that your movesets could be great. I already liked how you used a lot of pics in your sets.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Neku: Great read and I am a fan of TWEWY, so it was rather fun to read your moveset. The partners worked in well with his moveset and to me felt like a time restraint version of the pokemon trainer). The only main problem I had with the moveset was some of the damage percent for his Jabs and Tilts. I might have mistaken it but I think teh Jabs do a total of 23% damage when completed which sound broken for a med weight character like Neku. HIs specials were fun to read and the little black book was a nice small bonus job :laugh:. I can not Wait to see more movesets from you.
Fixed? I dunno. My moveset has the partner on the field at the same time.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Fixed? I dunno. My moveset has the partner on the field at the same time.
Thanks for the edit, but I know the partners are in the background ( or did I miss something). But for me it felt similar to how Pokemon Trainer has a time limit to his pokemon. And by time limit I mean they get tired. Here you have the time limit to be 3 minutes and 30 seconds a week. They are not entirely effecting Nekus move set to how the pokemon change the complete move set.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I think PT has a max time limit of 2 min, but Neku does not get tired. You don't get a option with Neku. Neku is quite different from PT, I would not assume that they are similar.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I think PT has a max time limit of 2 min, but Neku does not get tired. You don't get a option with Neku. Neku is quite different from PT, I would not assume that they are similar.
I found them similar for some reason. Mainly how there special change. I know Neku does not get tired but he changes partners after a certain time period which changes his specials. I found them similar when it came to changing specials but they are almost completely different characters. Pokemon trainer has a sort of time limit ( tiredness) but Neku has a time limit ( change partners).

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Tweaked Robo-Link a bit, got rid of screen stretching images...

Also, summore feedback'd be appreciated ;A; I haven't done this since MYM3, so I'm sure standards are much higher now.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Tweaked Robo-Link a bit, got rid of screen stretching images...

Also, summore feedback'd be appreciated ;A; I haven't done this since MYM3, so I'm sure standards are much higher now.
Main thing I can advise you to do, tirkaro, is to request a review over on The Canvas. You'll get some incredibly detailed feedback, guaranteed.

Also, I remember you. Welcome back! Robo Link looks like a fine set from what I've seen, but yes, standards have really shot up. Look around that link there and you'll find what the norm is nowadays for high-placing movesets.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
The RL moveset is much better, through a short glimpse, the F-Smash is a bit underpowered, but I still can't get over the Kancho (Video) and how funny it is. The expectations have gotten much higher I believe, I THINK, there is much meaning in a character's playstyle now, though you may want to check some of the high ranked MYM5 movesets, a MYM6 link in the canvas showing a absolute MYM set or something, see that and what was said about them. Just do what KRool said.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
We interrupt this program for an important emergency broadcast...

The chat is the cancer that is killing the thread. Most regulars don’t comment on movesets in thread regularly anymore, except for a select few (Junahu is the one who comes to mind first), and the moveset making scene is being held up with toothpicks by Darth Meanie and BKupa. Katapular and others who don’t have access to the chat are mainly the only ones posting in the thread. I would post regularly, but you know me…

So, starting today, Agi and I are proposing a boycott of the chat for one week. This will increase thread activity, and hopefully moveset submission. I hope you will join us.

Agi

Smash Lord
It'll be back to the good ol' days of MYM 4, trust me. This'll be a great way to increase participation among those of us who camp out in the chat, and also let us get to know those of you who have no access. :bee:

Hopefully, by the time the week is over, you'll forget why you spent so much time in there in the first place.

I mean... seriously, this is only my third post in this thread. That can't be right.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Brilliant idea, but won't work unless a significant majority of the chat go along with it. I, for one, am completely willing.

I haven't been commenting as much as I should be lately myself, but in my defense, I haven't been spending much time in the chat, either. :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
There's no reason to absolutely kill all our time in the chat. Sure, we can get to work and do more set commentary/actual movesets, but actual talking randomly in the thread will just revert us back to late MYM 4. Yeah, let's turn the thread into the chat so we can get MYM locked! Brilliant!

That said, it's perfectly acceptable to spend less time in the chat to get some actual work done. When working, kill that chat ASAP. However; there's no reason to just obligatorily keep it down when doing. . .Nothing. To prove that I'm willing to get off my *** and work, here's my longest review ever, mades on the spot from when you people insisted on boycotting the chat for no reason whatsoever. Set commentary coming soon.

Oh, and we're playing mafia now btw. You guys have fun.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
There's no reason to absolutely kill all our time in the chat. Sure, we can get to work and do more set commentary/actual movesets, but actual talking randomly in the thread will just revert us back to late MYM 4. Yeah, let's turn the thread into the chat so we can get MYM locked! Brilliant!
That's such a cop-out, Sundance said the same thing. You honestly think Mic's been monitoring every page of MYM since five months ago when MYM 4 ended? The thread was locked when half of every page was given over to PPL's spam, and countdowns started every other page to get a moveset preview on the top of the next.

A bit of light socializing, in the thread for once, is not going to bring the fury of the mods down on us, unless someone starts reporting.

And I don't remember you or anyone else being so finicky about staying on-topic before the chat came about.

That said, it's perfectly acceptable to spend less time in the chat to get some actual work done. When working, kill that chat ASAP. However; there's no reason to just obligatorily keep it down when doing... Nothing. To prove that I'm willing to get off my *** and work, here's my longest review ever, mades on the spot from when you people insisted on boycotting the chat for no reason whatsoever. Set commentary coming soon.
Review length means nothing. It's easy to write a lot and say very little.

More to the point, the idea is to make the thread a more welcoming place. There was a time when we didn't need the chat to have something to do; the thread was actually active.

And the fact that you still post set commentary doesn't mean that others do. MYM 6 is off to an incredibly slow start, moreso even than MYM 5. Less movesets, less commenting, and hell, the top ten posters are made up predominantly of newcomers.

Oh, and we're playing mafia now btw. You guys have fun.
The way you phrase this makes it sound like I'm sitting here refreshing the thread constantly, bereft of anything to do. Tsk.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
The chat is the cancer that is killing the thread. Most regulars don’t comment on movesets in thread regularly anymore, except for a select few (Junahu is the one who comes to mind first), and the moveset making scene is being held up with toothpicks by Darth Meanie and BKupa. Katapular and others who don’t have access to the chat are mainly the only ones posting in the thread. I would post regularly, but you know me…

So, starting today, Agi and I are proposing a boycott of the chat for one week. This will increase thread activity, and hopefully moveset submission. I hope you will join us.
I'm all for it, really. I've only been in this group and on this site for a little bit, and I've already noticed that comments on the chat only occasionally show up on the thread, which greatly disappoints, me, as if the writer isn't on at the time, he gets no feedback. I'm rather flattered (I think?) to be mentioned too. I've been away at retreat without internet access pretty much all week, I just snuck away to an internet station to type this.

I'll be back late Saturday, and be back on the set writing grill by Monday, most likely. MAGNEZONE(yes another Pokeset...) has been running through my mind and looks to be my best set yet. with a very interesting MAGNET based MECHANIC. If I can, I'll post it Monday. Kholdstare and I are also going to be doing THE SIM as a joint set now, so that should be good, I'm certain together it will turn out great.

I've scanned through all of the latest sets, and what stuck out to me was how absolutely fantastic NEKUturned out to be, brilliant coming from a newcomer. The Black book was a great stylistic touch, and you have the potential to make some of the most readable sets yet. Good ideas, too. My main suggestion would be to clean up your organization a lot though, and beef up the regular attack descriptions next time, they're a little lacking.

Junahu

Smash Ace
KingK.Rool said:
And the fact that you still post set commentary doesn't mean that others do. MYM 6 is off to an incredibly slow start, moreso even than MYM 5. Less movesets, less commenting, and hell, the top ten posters are made up predominantly of newcomers
yeah. This surprised me too. I always assumed MYM6 would see a surge in activity. And while that is halfway true (we do have active newcomers, which is our lifeblood) the complacency and laziness of the regular members is starting to drag MYM down a bit.

I'm going to try avoiding the Chat, but I will not outright ignore it. The chat itself is not the cause of the procrastination but merely a manifestation of it.

Anyway...
I see there are s'more movesets to look through, which I will get to post-haste (I still haven't comment on Hades)

Smady

Smash Master
It's kind of late now to comment on this whole chat business, but it is true that the chat is adding to the procrastination drastically. There's nothing wrong with talking in the thread about some things that are a little off-topic, we're not going to get locked unless we start the countdowns and PPL spam again. I was one of the biggest advocates of the chat originally and things have gone completely as I would have wished them, but it's turned out half-***** as the chatroom provides an excuse to just hang around instead of doing anything MYM-like.

Not only do the movesets suffer, the community suffers as each moveset is like a package or piece of history, without which we're just another Smash community. I won't be boycotting the chatroom, though, I'll just be trying to avoid it if I have stuff to do. There's obviously a correlation between chat activity and the decrease in thread activity - if the chat continues to suck life from the thread, eventually there will be nothing left and everything will die. No matter what you think, a lack of movesets would soon lead to our complete destruction, it's all we exist for.

On a lighter note, I'm glad to hear about Magnezone, also it will be fun to compare with my moveset I'm doing for Wally, which is in the same evolutionary cycle. Truly, I don't know what would've happened if Meanie and Kupa weren't posting sets last week.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
It's good to see the good reaction to the "boycott", and I know Warlord is against it because he was against it in the first place. (D)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Magnezone, Meanie, and I will get to work on the Sim with you as soon as I get my first set in a looooooooooong time out. That's right. I'm actually determined to get a set out this time, no abandoning business or anything. The chat is mainly the reason I procrastinate, so I'm going to avoid it at all costs. Sort of a social diet, if you will.

Oh, and the set I mention? KHOLDSTARE, and not a self-insert either (look it up, people).

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Ok then I'll Boycott it too even though im not there that much... and I gotta do my summer work now... lol

This should make more activity in this thread. :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
It really depends on an individual basis whether you need to boycott the chat or not. Like I said, going there less is fine for when I'm actually working on something, but I see little to no reason to just get rid of it entirely, seeing the thread is just an official place to read and comment movesets. I want to see my fellow MYMers, not just their movesets. If it benefits you, fine, but please don't force it on the rest of us please.

And yes Rool I know that means length means nothing, but honestly, I like that review either way, and it didn't just have a bunch of pointless filler to make it longer like Kangaskhan's review in the opening statements.

Oh, and the fact you're abandoning yet more plans in favor of yet another new plan doesn't paritcularly make me think the set will be finished, Khold. You've gotta work on one moveset at a time. Anymore just means none ever get finished, and the movesets tends to have no flow whatsoever if you drop it and pick it back up numerous times. Then again, that's playstyle, which you don't care about, but still, keep in mind many of the best movesets are made in very small periods of time. Ryuk was made in 4 days. Alphonse in 3. Illidan in 2 months.

Yes, the commentary is coming along. I've marked off one of the sets I marked as a mandatory read off my list. Just one more and I'll finally get it over with and get to work on an actual set.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
It really depends on an individual basis whether you need to boycott the chat or not. Like I said, going there less is fine for when I'm actually working on something, but I see little to no reason to just get rid of it entirely, seeing the thread is just an official place to read and comment movesets. I want to see my fellow MYMers, not just their movesets. If it benefits you, fine, but please don't force it on the rest of us please.
Oh, I never said we should get rid of the chat. I love the chat. I just thought, like Khold and agi, that a week away would all of us - and MYM - good.

And there's really no way for us to force it on you, since we're not in the chat in the first place. We're sort of like hermits. Hermits can't force their way of life on anyone, since they're isolated by definition. ;)

And yes Rool I know that means length means nothing, but honestly, I like that review either way, and it didn't just have a bunch of pointless filler to make it longer like Kangaskhan's review in the opening statements.
Yep, it's a good review.

On another note, since I'm going to use this "week off" to try to get some more movesetting in, who can see this font?

THIS IS "TEKTON PRO" AND YOU SHOULD ALL GO DOWNLOAD IT

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Oh, I never said we should get rid of the chat. I love the chat. I just thought, like Khold and agi, that a week away would all of us - and MYM - good.

And there's really no way for us to force it on you, since we're not in the chat in the first place. We're sort of like hermits. Hermits can't force their way of life on anyone, since they're isolated by definition. ;)
I suppose that's a better way to put it. If you'd started it I probably wouldn't of been so skeptical of it, but considering it was Khold. . .Yeah. Either way, I have to post more in the actual thread to communicate with you anyway. We all know I can't go long without that. :p

Honestly though, there are far bigger things for me to kill if I wanted to give MYM my full attention. They're mainly people on other sites. . .If not for that, the Tycoon would already be out by now (Despite me not having even started it yet).

I can see it perfectly fine. Then again, I have Microsoft Word.

Agi

Smash Lord
This is what we were trying to get across in the first place... sorry if our intentions were misunderstood. On a related note, I just finished... well, just about finished... my Review, so that should be up soon. Wood Man should be soon to follow. :bee:

On another note, since I'm going to use this "week off" to try to get some more movesetting in, who can see this font?

I'm sure I and all my fellow GIMPers can raise our hands.

EDIT: Does anyone else see "Tekton Pro" all glitched up? Strange, I quoted Rool directly...

One day into the boycott, and I've already doubled my MYM 6 post count.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I never said I was abandoning anymore sets ; )

I'm going to get Pride out, for sure, and maybe Psycho Mantis. Since you're not doing Immortal Eye, which was really the only thing spurring forcing me to do Greed, the chances of actually completing him are unlikelier now. Anub'arak is also high on my plans, too. The only reason I haven't had any work done on Pride is I haven't gotten around to reading the manga, and I'm having trouble finding inspiration for Psycho Mantis...

:dizzy:

And I can't see the speshul font :'(

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I suppose that's a better way to put it. If you'd started it I probably wouldn't of been so skeptical of it, but considering it was Khold. . .Yeah. Either way, I have to post more in the actual thread to communicate with you anyway. We all know I can't go long without that. :p
Heh, I follow you. And of course, of course. ;)

I can see it perfectly fine. Then again, I have Microsoft Word.
Excellent! You're the one I most need to impress, after all. :cool:

This is what we were trying to get across in the first place... sorry if our intentions were misunderstood. On a related note, I just finished... well, just about finished... my Review, so that should be up soon. Wood Man should be soon to follow. :bee:
Oh man, that sounds excellent. I can hardly wait.

I'm sure I and all my fellow GIMPers can raise our hands.

EDIT: Does anyone else see "Tekton Pro" all glitched up? Strange, I quoted Rool directly...
Yesssssssss! And it looks fine to me in your quote.

One day into the boycott, and I've already doubled my MYM 6 post count.
Yeah, I get the nasty feeling that at this rate, I'm going to end up not just in the top 5, but top poster of MYM 6. Maybe Khold will beat me.

I never said I was abandoning anymore sets ; )

I'm going to get Pride out, for sure, and maybe Psycho Mantis. Since you're not doing Immortal Eye, which was really the only thing spurring forcing me to do Greed, the chances of actually completing him are unlikelier now. Anub'arak is also high on my plans, too. The only reason I haven't had any work done on Pride is I haven't gotten around to reading the manga, and I'm having trouble finding inspiration for Psycho Mantis...

:dizzy:

And I can't see the speshul font :'(
:'(

Nice to hear we're actually going to get a Khold set, though! Seriously, just to remind you, I loved Anon AND Wiz AND Shadow Beast.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Bear Hugger

The Bear Hugger is an opponent from the Punch Out series. He has made three appearances, two being from Super Punch out, and his newest one is in Punch Out for the Wii. Bear Hugger is the top boxer from Canada. He is extremely strong and is usually unable to be damaged by getting punched in the gut. The Bear Hugger in Punch Out Wii is an opponent at around half way through career mode and can be easy to beat once you learn his moves. He then challenged Little Mac in Title Defense but this time is lot tricker and has much more defense. He also has a little squirrel under a new hat. The Bear Hugger trains in the woods with a Bear that helps him box and also a squirrel. He has a thing for syrup and also seems to be a lumber jack. His signature move is the Bear Hug.

Music ( You can listen to it as you read)
Bear Hugger Theme

Videos: Make Sure You Watch To Get A view of his
attacks

Regular Fight
Title Defense

Appearance
The Bear Hugger will be appearing in his title defense outfit. A squirrel is under his blue hat.

Playstyle

Bear Hugger is very strong but is pretty slow. He is very large, and so he can easily get juggled around. This may seem like your regular heavy weight but as you read further into the moveset you will be proven wrong ( well I hope).

Stats: Lets Get On It

Size: 9/10
Bear Hugger is as big as King Dedede but is a bit wider.

Weight: 9/10
This guy is even heavier then Bowser

Walk Speed: 3/10

This guy is slow, his walk speed is only as fast as Ganondorf's

Dash Speed: 5/10
Wow that was an improvement guess those big legs are good for something

Traction: 9/10
Look at those big boots, this guy has great traction

Power: 9/10

This guy has the strength of a bear. . .which seems to be the strenght of Ganondorf.

Attack Speed: 5/10
His attacks are not too slow, he is a boxer you know

Range ( Close Up): 6/10
This guy is big and his punches sure have good range. This guy has as much range as Ganondorf. That is saying a lot.

Priority: 7.5/10
Hahaha good luck stopping this guy, most of his kill moves have high priority, but some of his other moves can be stopped.

First Jump: 4/10
In retrospect he doesn't go to high but he is just so big >_>. He jumps as high as D3's first Jump.

Second Jump: 8/10
A big improvement from his first jump. But it is because he getting some motivation. It reaches as high as Falcos first jump

Ariel Movement : 4/10
He's a hugger not a chopper

Fall Speed: 6/10
He is pretty fast and his air moves work well with his Fall speed. Just don't expect him to stay in the air to long.

Recovery: 7/10
Pretty darn good for a large syrup lover

Landing Lag: 2/10
Man those boots are handy.

Crouch: Yes

Crawl: No

Wall Jump: Yes

Wall Cling: No

Glide: No

Hover: No

Animations Part of​
your complete breakfast.

Entrance: Man of the forest
Two Large Pine Trees grow out of the ground, and in between and behind one of the trees the BearHugger jumps out. Right above him the squirrel falls on his hat and then goes under it. The Bear Hugger quickly fixes his hat and then does a big laugh and then says “Be careful you little fella”

Standing: I'm Ready
The Bear Hugger is standing with his gloves next to his face waiting for a punch. It is similar to how he looks in Punch Out when he waits for Mac to do a punch.

Idle: Feeling kinda hungry here

The Bear Hugger's stomach does a big rumble, and then the Bear Hugger rubs his stomach with Hunger. The little squirrel does a little knock on his head to tell him to get his mind back in the game.

Walking: Just Taking My Time
The Bear Hugger walks like a regular man would except with a little more kick. He has his fist up to his chest. Sometimes the Little Squirrel will stick his head outside the head and take a look around while sniffing.

Running: Bear Hugger/Moving Through : Squirrel/Help Me!!!!
He quickly starts moving his feat fast and leaning a little bit forward. The main difference is the little squirrel almost falls off and is grabbing the back of the hat. He is only grabbing with one arm while the rest of his body is shaking like an earthquake. If the Bear Hugger runs for more then 5 seconds he stops and helps the squirrel back into the hat. The Bear Hugger will run twice as fast if the squirrel is gone and will not stop every five seconds

Jump 1: Going Up
Pushes with both of his legs only to go up a small amount.

Jump 2: We Can Reach The Top Together.

The Bear Hugger punches the air under him which launches himself forward. During this animation the squirrel is pointing up to the sky and does a cute squeak. If the squirrel is gone then the bear hugger only jumps as high as his first jump while a tear comes out of his eye. Mostly because he misses his little furry friend.

Free Falling: Down We Go

The Bear Hugger begins to fall face first while he covers his eyes. The squirrel simply sticks his head outside of the hat staring at the ground ( if there is no ground under them then the squirrel begins to panic)

Landing ( Free Falling): I Got YA Buddy
If The squirrel is still with the Bear Hugger then the squirrel quickly jumps on the ground below and catches the Bear Hugger. This has almost now lag but if the squirrel is gone then the Bear Hugger crashes hard on the ground and it takes him 2 seconds to get up. The Bear Hugger sighs after he gets up if his little friend is gone.

Shield: Timber?
The Bear Hugger puts up his gloves up and has a stern face. The Shield is about average and isn't as great like Olimar's. Howver if the Bear Hugger's shield breaks he will say " Timber" and fall on his back knocked out. As he lays down on the ground the squirrel will begin to hop on his stomach for five seconds until the Bear Hugger gets back up.

SideStep: Pardon Me
The Bear Hugger does a big hop into the background of the stage, he is unable to get hit when he jumps back, but after the hop he slowly walks back. This takes about 1 second and can be easily punished.

Forward Roll: Slip Resistant My ***
The Bear Hugger Slips on his own boots and falls to the direction he was facing. He then gets up quickly and fixes his hat. This takes about one second and is a pretty bad dodged.

Backward Roll: Misses Me
The Bear Hugger does a hop backwards and is pretty quick. This dodge is pretty fast and can come in pretty handy. The only problem is that it covers very little distance.

Air Dodge: Put Em Up
The Bear Hugger puts his his feet up in the air does a big laugh. It is rather quick but if the Bear Hugger is hit right after his laugh then you here a big smack.

Swimming: I'm On A Boat

The Bear Hugger begins to do the breaststroke, nothing special. But if the squirrel is still on him, then the squirrel pulls out an oar and begins to help the Bear Hugger. It does not help in swimming speed but it is nice seeing the Squirrel help his big friend.

Drowning: This Isn't Good
The Bear Hugger holds his nose and uses his right arm to wave to the screen. If the squirrel is still with the Bear Hugger then it puts on a little captains hat and does the whole going down with the ship act.

Flinch: Ouchies
Ouch that hearts, the bear hugger holds his gut if he is punched low and holds his head if punched in the face.

Dizzy

Other

Syrup Effect
The Syrup effect is what happens when the opponent steps into or touches the Bear Huggers syrup. When they touch it they become slower on the ground and their reflexes and actions also seem just a bit off. This is bad for the opponent if there on the ground as their jumps heights are half-ed !!! Note the syrup effect only lasts for about 3 seconds ( unless stated other wise)

Squirrel
The Squirrel is a key helper in the Bear Hugger's attacks. It hides most of the time under the Bear Huggers blue hat for protection but isn't afraid to help the Bear Hugger out. Once the Bear Hugger reaches 100% damage then there is a high risk that the squirrel can be knocked out. The Squirrel can be knocked off when a strong attack makes contact with The Bear Hugger's head ( if he is above 100% damage).

The Squirrel will be knocked off along with the hat. If it lands on the stage it will quickly try to run back to the Bear Hugger. It is even lighter the Jigglypuff and can jump twice ( each jump is only goes as high as Jigglypuff's first jump). The opponent can easily knockout the squirrel, but that is why The Bear Hugger can help his buddy out. The squirrel controls itself when it is knocked out but it's prime target it to get back on to the Bear Hugger. The Higher the damage the Bear Hugger is at, the more likely the likely Squirrel will be knocked off ( note the higher the damage the Bear Hugger is at then the easier it is to knock out the squirrel.)

100% or Above
When Bear Hugger takes more and more damage his face begins to gain bruises, just liek he does in Punch Out. Not only does his face change for the worse but his attacks become more sluggish. Bear Hugger may be strong, but like any other boxer he gets tired as the fight goes on. Bear Hugger does have an attack that can heal him but it may be hard to activate when an opponent is on the stage.

Specials: This Is Canadian Power

Neutral Special: I like Syrup what about you

This move can only be used once every stock. You here a large ding and the Bear Hugger says “ Well the round is over” as he pulls out a gallon of maple syrup. He begins to chug it down which will take a total of five seconds. Once the Bear Hugger is done drinking the syrup he shall say “ Now I have the strength of a bear” and will then regain 20% health. This attack does no damage but can be canceled if the opponent attacks the Bear Hugger. When attacked the gallon falls and breaks which makes a puddle of syrup ( which causes the syrup effect) that is the length of two stage blocks that will remain for 30 seconds.

Side Special: Have Some Syrup Friend

[/IMG]

The Bear Hugger pulls out a gallon of syrup and shakes it a bit while saying “ Here try some”, he then tosses it straight across the distant of two stage blocks. If it makes no contact you see the Bear Hugger pull on some very thin string ( you see a little thin shine which is the string) which pulls back the syrup. If it makes contact with the opponent they take 5% damage and then are stuck with the syrup effect. Nice huh? This move can be used twice per stock. If used again all you have is an empty jar thrown, which does 2% damage.

Down Special: Log Rolling

Hm? What is this, my word is that a log that just appeared under the Bear Hugger. Wow it is the same length as the Bear Hugger. It is time for some log rolling, as you move the control stick to the right or left the log will follow. The Bear Hugger is very vulnerable while this attack is in play and is similar to Wario's Bike ( excluding recovery bonuses). The Bear Hugger during this move is riding on top of the log and can attack with a weak right punch ( activated by hitting A and only does 5% damage), however he can easily be knocked off and the log vanishes. If an opponent makes contact with the log they will be crushed by the log and stuck in a pitfall like state. This move comes out very quick and can be ended quickly as well.

If this move is used in the air then The Bear Hugger will punch the log downward and the log then achieves spike abilities. Once it slams into the ground it will act as an invincible pillar for a total of 5 seconds. Great for messing up projectile users like ROB. There can only be one log on the stage at a time, so use wisely.

Squirrel Effect:
If the squirrel is still in play and if the B button is held for another second then instead of the Bear Hugger the squirrel will be riding the log. The Bear Hugger is free to move around and attack freely while the squirrel will ride back and forth across the stage. The squirrel is vulnerable while he rides the log so if you want to call him back just press down B again.

Up Special: Syrup Salvation

The Bear Hugger punches his stomach and opens his mouth to release long sticky syrup. The syrup can be as long as ZSS Up B special, and can act as an attack and recovery.

When used on the ground it goes in a diagonal direction. When it makes contact with the opponent then the Bear Hugger flings the syrup towards the ground right below the opponent. Dealing a a nice 10% damage and can also act as a spike when the opponent is close to the edge, this move would be fantastic. But sadly it has very bad ending lag ( two seconds) that is if you miss. Keep this syrup fresh bra.

When used in the air the syrup will go the same direction but instead of slamming the opponent, the Bear Hugger will drag him in, and give him a big Bear Hug. Then fall like a metor . Now duh you can use this as suicide move to make your opponent lose a stock but it also acts as mediocre recovery. When used near the edge, the syrup homes in on the edge and grabs it like any other tether. But like most of the other tether recoveries if someone is already grabbing the edge. Then you won't be able to grab the edge and fall to your doom

Smashes: They Go Great With Syrup

Forward Smash: Bear Claw
As you saw in the sample videos you should have seen a strong powerful left hook that the Bear Hugger does. This is a very strong punch in Punch Out and if not dodged correctly you will suffer with some massive pain !!!! This is the Bear Hugger's second strongest smash and can really scare the **** out of your opponent. To begin with the Bear Hugger quickly moves a little to his left and get ready for a mighty swing. If you charge the smash then he begins to wined up his left arm, this smash can be charged up to 4 seconds. After your done charging The Bear Hugger does his mighty punch which goes horizontally in front of him. It is quick, but Bear Hugger is left vulnerable for 2 seconds. This does from 16% damge uncharged and 18% damge fullycharged. Can easily kill middle weights at around 90% uncharged and 80% fullycharged.

Squirrel Effect:
If your little furry friend is still here, then you become such a bigger threat. Remember that video when you see the little squirrel pop out of the hat just before a punch, usually a punch that is stalled for a second to fake out Little Mac and get in a punch. Well if you quickly press the B button then the squirrel pops out. You can tap the B Button to have the smash be stalled for a .5 second, but if you hold it you can stall it for 1 second. This does not make the smash weaker, and can really punish cocky rollers and spot dodgers.

Down Smash: Give Me A Hug!!!
yes teh legendary Bear Hug, to begin with the Bear Hugger faces the screen and bends back getting ready for a bear hug. At this point it can be charged for up to 7 seconds and then when released has him do his hug. The main area for the Hit Box is right in front of Bear Hugger's Belly and a little bit to the sides. Uncharged it will only deal 15% damage but can Ko middle weights at 70% damage. Fully charged it is a one hit ko, but really who is going to stand there for 7 seconds.

Squirrel Effect
You can stall this attack this attack just like his forward smash, but wait this doesn't stop here. What is that you want to stop this move, well if your squirrel friend is still here then quickly press the A button again. The Bear Hugger quickly stops the attack and says “ Fooled Ya”. This has no end lag what so ever and you can quickly resume to using him again.

Up Smash:Let me Fix This Hat Here

Just a warning you need the Squirrel to activate this smash. If your squirrel is not with you then you simply just stand there crying for a second. Now this smash can be charged kinda like Samus's neutral special. This can be stored up to 6 seconds, now the Bear Hugger begins to fix his hat into place. It does not look as if it was charging a smash at all, but if you move to any direction the Bear Hugger stops charging his smash. The smash is then stored until he tryies using it again ( which will release the power), or until he loses a stock. Now when the Bear Hugger releases his smash, the squirrel jumps up like if it were a rocket , it goes to the height of three bear Huggers. Uncharged this deals 10% and KO middle weights at 120%. If fully charged this deals 16% and can KO middle weights at 100%.

Basic Jab Combo: Let's Dance

The Bear Hugger has his body face the screen and the quickly begins to swing his hip in a circular motion. Keep holding the A button to have the Bear Hugger keep spinning his hip. Anyone that make contact with him flinches and then gets hit with a quick right Jab. This deals out 12% damage in total and gives out medium knock back. This can kill Mario at around 199% damage. This has some end lag but can get predictable, and not to mention a simple shield grab can punish this move.

Tilt A Hurls
Forward Tilt : She Scores !!!!!
The Bear Hugger does a quick uppercut with his left hand as he yells “ She scores”. The move looks rather blocky and chunky in a way, but it is a rather quick attack and only takes .5 second for it to complete. The range is rather short, and it only does 8% damage. However this has .5 second of end lag, so it shouldn't be used to much.

Downtilt; I'm Gonna Stomp Ya
The Bear Hugger takes one step back and raises his right arm up in the air. He then says “ I'm Gonna Stomp Ya” and then quickly swings his arm towards the ground. This move does 8% damage and slams the opponent to the ground and makes the opponent bounce a little bit off the ground. This move can not really kill but can set up for combos. The hit box is mainly his fist and is pretty low to the ground. Takes 1 second for the attack to start but no end lag.

Up Tilt : Sucker

The Bear Hugger takes one step back and raises his right arm up in the air. He then says “ I'm gonna stomp ya” and then quickly re tracks his arm. He then takes a small jump up and swings his left arm upward screaming “ Sucker!!!”. This does about 10% damage and sends the opponent vertically up. This can KO middle weights at around 120% damage. This takes about 1.5 second. Hitbox is mainly to the upper right of the bear hugger.

Air Strike

Nair: Rabid Squirrel
Note This move can only be used if the squirrel is still with the Bear Hugger. The Bear Hugger grabs his hat and the holds it as if it were a bowl. His face has a stern look to it and he keeps this position for 2 seconds but is canceled if he touches the ground and has bad landing lag. If the opponent makes contact with the Bear Hugger then the squirrel jumps out and latches on to the opponent. Note if a character that hits the Bear Hugger with his weapon * sword, hammer* then the Bear Hugger is just knocked out of the attack. When the squirrel is on the opponent then it begins to pummel the opponent with it's own strength. It stays on the opponent for 6 seconds and does a total of 10%. It then falls off and tries to go back to the Bear Hugger. Every 3 seconds the opponent gets hit by a strong squirrel punch and flinches. The Squirrel can not be taken off sooner but it can be shielded.

Bair: Pine Tree Tingle
The Bear Hugger's Beard begins to look a lot more stiff and spiky, he quickly does a turn to swing his face the other direction. This move has almost not start up lag but a large amount of end lag as Bear Hugger tries to go back to his regular position. When the opponent gets hit by his beard then he is sent flying away while having some needles stuck to his body ( needles do no damage just for looks). This move is great for a surprise slam but shouldn't be used often. This can KO someone such as Mario at around 150% damage. This has high priority though.

UpAir: Pancake Slam
A Left jab above, and then a Right jab above is what this move seems. But if you have both of these jabs connect then the Bear Hugger grabs the opponent and throws his opponent below him and then does a huge belly slam towards the ground. This is similar to Ganondorf's Side Special in the air, but at the end causes the opponent to get stuck as if he where in a pitfall. The Left and Right Jabs only doe 3% damage each, but the belly slam does a 10%. Wow that is 16% damage all together. To bad the hit box for his jabs are so small. This shouldn't be used to much.

Down Air: Canadian Air Strike

Out of no where it seems the Bear Hugger dropped some of his Maple Syrup by accident. A huge jar full of hot maple syrup falls out of the Bear Huggers pocket and then splatter against the ground. The syrup on the ground causes the syrup effect, and can be very handy. How ever this jar has a tricky hook, if the opponent breaks the jar before it touches the ground, then they get trapped in sticky syrup and then are unable to do anything in the air for 1 second ( or unless they touch the ground).. This also does no damage, but can help with ground and air control.

Grabs: Need A Hug ?

Grab:
The Bear Hugger seems to have gotten some indigestion drinking to much syrup. The Bear Hugger punches his stomach and some long sticky syrup pops out of his mouth and goes straight for about half the distant of Zero Suits Samuses whip. When the opponent touches this whip they are dragged in close. They are then left covered in sticky syrup in front of the Bear Hugger. Iff the Bear Hugger misses he quickly swallows the syrup again.

Pummel: One Two Three
Right Jab, Left jab, don't stop the beat. Each jab does about 3% percent damage. Note the opponent is still stuck in the sap so the opponent can't do ****. If the squirrel is still here then he comes out of the Bear Hugger's hat and also helps with the Pummels. The Squirrel only does about 1% damage per hit so not much of a differences. The Bear Hugger does a huge laugh as this is happening and it looks pretty darn funny. His pummels is somewhat slow so don't expect to rack up insane damage

Forward Throw: Northern Lights
The Bear Hugger takes one big step back with his left leg and screams “ I'm gonna hit you so hard you'll see Northern Lights”. He takes one big step forward and punches the opponent right on the face. This can KO middle weights at around 110%

Down Throw: Need A Hug? No? Nonsense.
What do you don't want Bear Hug? Nonsense we need more Hugs!
The Bear Hugger gets a big smile on his face and then says “ Need A Hug?”. The character then quickly shakes his head side to side trying to say no. The Bear Hugger laughs and says “ All right”, and of course takes one step back for a Bear Hug. Can KO mid weight opponents at 100% damage

Back Throw: Sticky Syrup Rope
O no some more syrup seems to be coming up again. The Bear Hugger holds his stomach and then in a daze makes his way behind the opponent ( not on purpose) . He than says “ I don't feel so good”, and then throws up a big ball of syrup at the opponent. The opponent is hit by the syrup and takes 10% damage. The opponent is pushed just a bit. This can kill middle weights at around 300% damage

UpThrow: Squirrel Power ! ! !
( This move needs the squirrel) The Bear Hugger punches his opponent up and then quickly gets under him. The Squirrel then jumps out of the hat and then begins to damage the opponent similar to the Nair attack. Easy damage racker but the squirrel is at risk like he Is in the Nair attack.

Situational

Ledge Attack: With Squirrel: Might Squirrel Jab
The Bear Hugger Pops his head above the edge and the squirrel quickly jumps out and does a right jab. Then quickly jumps back into the hat. The squirrel can hit as far as Marth's Forward Smash and does medium knockback. The Squirrel can not be knocked away. The Bear Hugger quickly pulls himself back on to the stage. Does 3% damage

Ledge Attack: With Out Squirrel: I'm Sad Now
Tears begin to shoot out of his eyes which go as far as Mario's fludd and have twice the force. They do no damage but this really helps getting some space.

Get Up Attack ( Sitting): Excuse Me
The Bear Hugger does a large burp, that has average knockback and the sound wave surround his whole body. Great, to bad it only does 3% damage. Has a good amount of end lag.

Get Up Attack (Laying Down) : Flop on The Belly
The Bear Hugger uses every muscle in his belly to push himself up ( about half the height of mario), the force deals out 5% damage and has almost no lag.

Dash Attack: Syrup Surfer

A trail a syrup appears in front of the bear hugger appear in front of him. He does 4% damage and this attack can be held for 4 seconds. The Bear Hugger can fall off the stage if he uses the attack to close to the edge. The Bear Hugger does not leave the syrup on the stage, but as he rides it he holds his hands out as if he were surfing ( the squirrel will be sitting on a little chair on the bear hugger's head)

Final Smash:Oh No Canada

The Bear Hugger pulls out a trumpet and blows on it. Trees begin to pop out every where, and the Canadian flag is raised. In two seconds the Canadian border patrol pops out. . . and guess what they say “ Hey welcome to Canada need a hug eh?”. A total pf nine of them show up, and run across the stage giving hugs that heal you by 5%. But wait 4 of them are actually bears in disguised. If you get hugged by them then they show there true form and give you a Bear Hug that is an instant KO. The Bear Hugger is completely immune while this is happening and can attack freely. Canada what you gonna do.

Taunt 1
The Bear Hugger does his strong laugh as he would when he knocks down Little Mac in a regular match.

Taunt 2

The Bear Hugger shakes his head around with his tongue sticking out in a way to make fun of the opponent. If the squirrel is there then it tries to imitate the Bear Hugger.

Taunt 3
The Bear pulls out a jar of syrup and begins to drink it and then says “Now I have the strength of a bear”. This heals the Bear Hugger by 2% each use.

Victory Pose1
The Bear Hugger does his big laugh as always, and then pulls out his syrup which he drinks. He then falls on his back and takes a nap he deserves.

Victory Pose 2
The Bear Hugger tosses the squirrel up in the air catches him and begins to give him a little tickle. Aw isn't that just cute. The squirrel then attacks the person that got second place as the Bear Hugger laughs. The remaining players run away to not get attacked.

Loser

The Bear Hugger and the squirrel face away from the screen and look as if they are sighing. The squirrel gives him a pat on the back for trying.

Snake Conversation
Snake: Hm why can't I get a signal here. . . . wait what the
Doc: Hey this isn't the right number
Snake: What the who are you?
Doc: Hey boy I'm gonna tell you a secret. . . . I love chocolate
Snake: . . . . I guess you were the one that stole my bike the other day
Doc: I could say something useful but I think I'm gonna ride your bike

Kirbyw Hat
WHen kirby copies the Bear HUggers abilities he gains the Bear Huggers hat ( no squirrel of course), and his B special. To bad it can only be used once every stock.

How To Play As
You have some of the strongest smashes and not to mention pretty good throws. Your main weapon is the syrup and try as soon as your can to get your opponent covered in it. YOu have a good amount of attacks that have ok start up and end lag. So you wanna use those to rack up or keep your opponent away. Now since you rather big, your a very easy target, so something that you have to keep an eye on is your damage meter.

Once you hit a 100% not only are your attacks even slower but now your squirrel friend can easily be sent flying. Now at this point KO or at least knock your opponent off the stage so you can at least use your neutral special. It can heal you by 20% so use it wisely. Attacks such as your Dair and Down Special are there to fill the stage with obstacles, obstacles that are in your favor.

Now for stages pick small controllable stages, and avoid stages like FD. RC is also something you want to cross of your list. Try Battlefield or smashvill. Stages like FD allow campers to really screw you over, and your best bet is to place a log in front of you to make them approach. This kinda fails with campers that can get pass your log , characters like OLimar, ROB, and Zelda can easily annoy on this stage.

Play Against BH
Ok projectiles is something everyone loves or hates. In this case Bear Hugger hates them. Now if you don't have a projectile you want to concentrate on knocking the Bear Hugger off stage to gimp his horrible recovery. Now quick, or long range moves should help. So characters such as Marth or Luigi will do pretty well up close. Sadly if your a character like JIgglypuff with short range, then your best bet is to find high priority moves or bait the Bear HUgger into using his moves for an opening.

On the ground he can have syrup puddles or even worse a log :psycho:. Short hop your way towards the Bear Hugger and combo your way to victory. The only air move you should really look out for is his nair. If you fall for it you will be punished. Now onto camping the Bear Hugger.

If your ROB, Oli, or any other campers that can easily angle their projectiles ( sorry fox) then you can force the Bear Hugger to approach. Stay far away, in a few seconds you should have racked up alot of damage. SO hopefully you can get the Bear Hugger up to 100% early and find an easy way for a KO.

Now no matter who you use, try not to be to rush or you'll get a nice big hug.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Not a bad moveset, kirbywizard. The fact that you have a mechanic fitting to the character already puts this moveset above Oliver. The attacks are mostly pretty interesting, with the syrup-based playstyle and all, and the organization fits pretty nicely and is also an improvement, even though the constant alternating reds and whites are a bit trying to the eye.

I think the moveset's probably vaguely offensive ("Canada what you gonna do"), but I'm hardly one to get upset over a thing like that. I wonder what TWIL is up to...

Different font now. Who can see me? I was used on Jafar.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Dead chat is not good. :(

Oh well. I guess I can go a week without it. :p

Now, I just have to comment on about 40 movesets. <.<

Bear Hugger was good.

Hey, that's the best comment I've made on a moveset all contest, I think. Be proud.

Smady

Smash Master
Bear Hugger looks like a big improvement over Oliver and I have no idea who that character is, Negi-Kun.

I'll try to catch up on commenting tonight. Also, I've been working on my reviews [finally], so look forward to those soon.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Not a bad moveset, kirbywizard. The fact that you have a mechanic fitting to the character already puts this moveset above Oliver. The attacks are mostly pretty interesting, with the syrup-based playstyle and all, and the organization fits pretty nicely and is also an improvement, even though the constant alternating reds and whites are a bit trying to the eye.

I think the moveset's probably vaguely offensive ("Canada what you gonna do"), but I'm hardly one to get upset over a thing like that. I wonder what TWIL is up to...

Different font now. Who can see me? I was used on Jafar.
**** it K.Rool, I was planning on using that for a different moveset.

Also, lulz @ Bear Hugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom