• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Take a look at Ike's erruption script since that does self-damage when fully charged. See if you can't borrow something.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
How can I make it so Marth's Fully Charged Neutral B does 10% damage to him?
I assume you want it to be like Ike right? Well this is the first line

So I think it might be part of that, because I couldn't find anything in the flag. (The hex of 10 is A, and there were no A's.)

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
From the SA Character Submission thread.
Sorry I didn't explain better, you use the exact same thing except the last number, which modifies the damage.

You should use the "Float Variable Set" command, the value is the damage, and the variable is Random Access, Float, 4.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
The easiest way to do this is using MS calculator (sorry Mac users). When you have MS calc open, go to View -> Scientific. Now the widow will expand with a couple buttons.
Just thought I'd bring this up. Mac OSX's calculator has the same functions if you change it to Programmer mode and even has buttons to convert between Dec, Hex and Oct.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Every time I make a hitbox, the game treats it as if it's nonexistant. I changed its size, damage, everything and nothing happens. How do I make a proper hitbox really?

carlpie

Smash Cadet
So it seems characters have a maximum file size. Every change I make to a character file increases the size (even edits of attack effects)

Samus seems to have a maximum capacity of 260kb (abouut 7kb larger than default), 261kb+ and the game freezes when you scroll over D:

anyone else having this problem? <_<

Yingyay

Smash Ace
So I take it no one here knows how to make falling Dair's not fall? I.e Sheik, zamus, sonic?

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
I finally figured out how to get some things going in PSA, and made a character of my own. I made a lot of changes, and he plays how I would like him to.
I basically changed Wolf into a character I created. All but two of his ground attacks were simply made a slight bit stronger. Besides his Forward smash, which is somewhat unique, his Up Smash, Forward Air, Back Air, Up Air, and Down Air were edited to have similar hitboxes and damage/knockback to moves from other characters(Lucas' Up Smash, Bowser's Forward/Up Air, DK's back air, and Ganon's down air). The forward smash is the most interesting one though. He basically does his swing animation, and creates a small explosion on his fists. It's hitbox is insanely small and hard to hit with(You basically have to be right next to them), but is just as powerful as Marth's Final Smash when it does hit. I also made him a bit unique by improving his aerial movement and jump count instead of making him run faster.

I would make more changes on him, such as his throws and Neutral Air, but I think Carlpie is right in that there seems to be a max file size for the .pacs, and that too large a size will crash the game.

Edit: Here's a vid of him.

P.S.(Off-topic) - I'm sure you may recognize me Leaf.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
has anyone found out how to change the priority of a hitbox? im assuming that its in a flag or something on the offensive collision calls

like how a sword has more priority than a phsyical attack or how MK's sword has more priority than almost any other move.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
that's called transcendant priority.

although priority isn't just a "value" you can change. priority is made up of a lot of things.

and swords don't always have more priority than a physical attack.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
that's called transcendant priority.

although priority isn't just a "value" you can change. priority is made up of a lot of things.

and swords don't always have more priority than a physical attack.
i'm pretty sure we can edit transcendant priority now
i recall reading a post in the nightly builds thread about removing it from MK, but it was decided no

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
true, i guess they aren't always. just giving some examples.
what things is it made up of though? i would image it to be editable

also,

with moves that have multiple hitboxes, like strong and weak ones, obviously some of them overlap each other. how is it determine which one is used? take falcon's dair for example. im sure some of the weak boxes overlap the strong meteor one, but when you sweetspot it, how does the game choose which hitbox to use? does it use the one that gives the most damage? the one with the most knockback?

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to allow snake's downB to create more than one mine... does anyone know how i could write the blast so that it could differentiate between each mine layed? The problem is i cant seem to find where the script identifies the location of the mine to tell where the blast to be located :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how would u differentiate between what a downB does, laying a mine or exploding em? hmmmm this gives me an idea...

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
Oh well i assumed that exploding the mine was tied to the animation: SpecialLwBlast... if not then i thought the mine itself had script that told it that when button press = downb, explode :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just looked at the script for snakes downB, its actually very confusing imo. i was hoping i could find a way to make it so snake keeps laying down all the c4s he wants with downB then explodes em all with a new dtaunt lol

broooooken, but awesome

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
haha thats exactly the sort of thing i was going to do, but im guessing the explosion is triggered when a c4 is present and he executes down b.... in which case i may be able to make him lay multiple c4's or maybe not... i'll edit this post shortly.

Ok that froze. Darn... Its something to do with him generating that c4 for sure.. because it only froze after i put down 3 invisible ones hahha...

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
Nevermind looks like its not on Segab's list, which seems to include all the Ice Climbers' effects....

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I see that too. I'll try it out tomorrow. But not now lol
goin to bed. Nite ppl.
thanks Zschalix. look for Giga Kooplus on tuesday!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Does someone knows why it keeps saying me "error reading file" when I open one of meowmix's file ? And more importantly, how to fix it =/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does someone knows why it keeps saying me "error reading file" when I open one of meowmix's file ? And more importantly, how to fix it =/
If its one of PT's pokemon or DeDeDe, then choose a different character to mess around with.

@Guy messing with Snake
Wouldn't it make sense that there would be a boolean set somewhere after Snake puts down a C4, so it checks that when he does his SpecialLw again, and finds that he needs to make it explode?

The solution would be to remove that part of the boolean, and replace it with the same code for if there were no C4 present. Then take that part of the boolean you removed and put it on the DTaunt.

=3
-DD

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
Hmm dark dragoon you're probably right... i just can't seem to find anything like that haha...

walter01

Smash Cadet
im having the same problem as Tanebon, whenever i try to open any file it gives me the "error reading file" message

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to give falco a new Nair. I'm using his mid air trophy stand throw animation and it calls the annimation fine but there's no hitbox. Here's what I have for the attack:

Sub Action 62 SmashThrowAirF

Timer=24000 intervals
Set Bit variable: RA-Bit[30] = true
Offensive collision id=0 bone=1D (same as jab combo) damage=13 direction = 175 BKB = 72 KBG= 0 Size = 24000 z/y/x offset and rotate all set to zero, Flags=39830456 (Flag for Bair with impale 2 effect.)
Terminate collisions
Clear Bit variable: RA-Bit[30] = false
Timer= 30000 intervals

The SFX and Other I copied straight from the SmashThrowAirF subaction

TreK

Is "that guy"
If its one of PT's pokemon or DeDeDe, then choose a different character to mess around with.
I heard about that bug, but it's not working with anyone, be it ganon, luigi or snake =/
(I currently have an idea for those three, that's why I'm pissed, mostly :V)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I heard about that bug, but it's not working with anyone, be it ganon, luigi or snake =/
(I currently have an idea for those three, that's why I'm pissed, mostly :V)
o.o Uh...get the .net framework! Otherwise....I don't know!
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yeah, you guys need the latest net framework.

OK JUST FOR FURTHER NOTICE:

THE LATEST NET FRAMEWORK IS REQUIRED TO RUN PSA.

Top Bottom