• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dotn get how peachs fair is bk crown

payless shoes and washingmachine are lol but bk crown?
someone get at me

j00t

Smash Champion
GnW's hammer #5 electrocutes.

I hope I'm not too late for the electric discussion of the day...

DrewB008

Smash Lord
ok i was talking with vro about falcon the other day and it got me wanting to start some discussion in here

i realized that in most matchups i dont really know how to recognize what is and isnt an opening i should attack in, so i just kind of do some tricks and try to bair people whenever im not familiar with the situation

so lets get talking on some matchups about when you should try to attack and when you should just hang back

i think most people know the theory behind fighting space animals in this regard, its just a difficult matter of reacting fast enough, so i dont think theyre as crucial

specifically peach and samus annoy me the most in this regard, i dont really know when i should jump in. sheik also but im still generally not even using falcon in this matchup haha

i have trouble in this regard in lots of matchups, so any ideas people have just start bouncing em around cause im sure theyll be useful to someone

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
ok i was talking with vro about falcon the other day and it got me wanting to start some discussion in here

i realized that in most matchups i dont really know how to recognize what is and isnt an opening i should attack in, so i just kind of do some tricks and try to bair people whenever im not familiar with the situation

so lets get talking on some matchups about when you should try to attack and when you should just hang back

i think most people know the theory behind fighting space animals in this regard, its just a difficult matter of reacting fast enough, so i dont think theyre as crucial

specifically peach and samus annoy me the most in this regard, i dont really know when i should jump in. sheik also but im still generally not even using falcon in this matchup haha

i have trouble in this regard in lots of matchups, so any ideas people have just start bouncing em around cause im sure theyll be useful to someone

Peach and Samus you can just dash dance camp and nair in front of them if you really want to be a ***** and not attack.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
once they shield its a good time to start to work something out i guess. if you get someone to roll they should get either grabbed, kneed, or stomped immediately.

whenever i play scar (or any other falcon thats a lot better than me) i run around and then throw a nair at him, but he just kind of watches me flail and nairs me as soon as i land. so i guess the best openings are when people miss, or commit to something that you can react to

/passout

DrewB008

Smash Lord
once they shield its a good time to start to work something out i guess. if you get someone to roll they should get either grabbed, kneed, or stomped immediately.

whenever i play scar (or any other falcon thats a lot better than me) i run around and then throw a nair at him, but he just kind of watches me flail and nairs me as soon as i land. so i guess the best openings are when people miss, or commit to something that you can react to

/passout
whenever i play scar he just gets *****

but really i just quoted you cause i want my new sig to show up

and yeah those are the pretty good things to look for, but i dont know what kind of commitments i can react to against peach and samus cause peach has like no lag and samuses dont do their laggy moves often enough

Tomacawk

Smash Master
bigd wtf we didn't play at smym10
u 2 scar u never took my money
well now I'm a falcon main so bigd we playing mad friendlies next time we attend the same tourny and ur gunna get ur **** ****ed uppppppppppppp

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
you could maybe watch some videos of darkrain vs a peach/samus and see what he does...thats where i would start since i have no answers

Mokumo

Smash Ace
dash attack and down smash for both peach and samus are moves you can punish. pretty much anything after a missed dash attack if you're spaced right, and i like stomping peaches when they're in the middle of doing a down smash.

i think you have you dj -> stomp first tho or do it from a platform.

sexy's back

Smash Cadet

i think theyre both kind of like falcon in the way that, they wait for openings too
they wait for you to nair so they can get a grab or shoot something at you or dash attack

the best thing you could probably do is a stomp behind theyre shield and then run away fast so they can try something out of shield and you cant get a grab

you or just try to run up and grab a few times like empty sh then grab
or like a marth grab, dash dance behind and grab

idk samus isnt that hard
but i played vanz peach and i didnt know what to do lool

DrewB008

Smash Lord
peach and samus are pretty different than falcon, they both kind of make a wall of moves and get you to run into them, while falcon tries to get through stuff like that with well timed dash dances and stuff

you can short hop stomp peach out of her dsmash as long as you dont fastfall it, that covers spot dodge and dsmash so thats kind of cool

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dashdance camp peach, she cant do $hit but throw turnips, which suck and dont work "silly *****, your weapons cannot harm me, dont you know who i AM!??" . uair/nair if they go in the air, grab if they stay grounded and you find an opening. youre right about sh knee beating dodge and dsmash. works with stomp, and stomp will open up combos.

just watch for samus's crazy wavedash tricks. most samus's ive played will spam missiles and either nair attack or wd backwards to bait you into dsmash/fsmash. aim attacks behind samus to put pressure on when they wd backwards, and space uairs when they Nair. dont go off the edge ever.

a camping sheik is borderline unapproachable, but we can do the best we can right? DONT RUN INTO JUMP NEEDLES!!! this is a key sheik strat for starting a gay tech chase grab series. sheiks fair WILL beat most of your aerials, unless you time uairs to come out after sheiks fairs. you basically cant miss any opportunities against sheik, gotta grab and start the **** every time.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
dashdance camp peach, she cant do $hit but throw turnips, which suck and dont work "silly *****, your weapons cannot harm me, dont you know who i AM!??" . uair/nair if they go in the air, grab if they stay grounded and you find an opening. youre right about sh knee beating dodge and dsmash. works with stomp, and stomp will open up combos.

just watch for samus's crazy wavedash tricks. most samus's ive played will spam missiles and either nair attack or wd backwards to bait you into dsmash/fsmash. aim attacks behind samus to put pressure on when they wd backwards, and space uairs when they Nair. dont go off the edge ever.

a camping sheik is borderline unapproachable, but we can do the best we can right? DONT RUN INTO JUMP NEEDLES!!! this is a key sheik strat for starting a gay tech chase grab series. sheiks fair WILL beat most of your aerials, unless you time uairs to come out after sheiks fairs. you basically cant miss any opportunities against sheik, gotta grab and start the **** every time.
juggernaut quote was epic

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
but how do you attack when you want to is what i want to know really

whenever i try stuff like that they just come in and dash attack me out of my nair and i feel like an idiot
If a peach is dash dancing I wait till they have to dash backward then nair through them (since it is easier to space that way) or if they usually are the type to just keep running to evade you can just keep running and grab them. If they are floating, I basically do the same thing except my upair. You can bait dash attacks and silly laggy **** like that with dash dancing to grab or stomp or something stupid. If they are smart and just sit there on the ground just waiting to do nair to stop you,you canun up to nair tip range and do nair, usually it takes care of everything except like a dash attack or really well spaced fair. If they bait you into doing that, you just have to predict and run a bit farther and grab or something.

Samus run up to the nair optimal range then nair. Wait for laggy things like falcon always does is always in style. If they wait for you, you can run and do a nair where Samus' optimal wavedash would be with the tip of your nair, if they shielded, you just move a little farther to get past their shield, if they stand there they get hit, and if they wavedash back you are safe. The only thing wrong with is if they predict it a little early they can just smack you in the face since you have to be somewhat close before you start the nair to make this work.

I dunno just hit them in the face.

Top Bottom