• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ok, so let's talk about a strat i've been using lately.
at mid-high percents i often nair->knee where they land because ppl miss the tech a lot, or if they tech straight they get knee'd anyway
LATELY, however, i've been doing a uair in this situation instead. land it really low to the ground, and you come out of lag quick enough where you can tech chase them if they tech ahead or behind you, but also, if it hits they probably di'd it well and u can knee or uair. Just start running asap if your uair hits, you can follow it up
thoughts?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if you time it right it will hit them if they don't tech or if they tech straight up
and if they survival di the low uair you can knee after it at most percents

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
jiano and scar both did something similar to me....when they got me by the edge where i have to either tech in place or tech back towards the center they would turn around so they faced the stage and then sh back air the spot where i would land if i teched in place and then run and grab me if i rolled towards the center of the stage

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
maybe you should have done a get up attack

or rolled towards the edge

that always works for me for some reason

but yea thats sounds like your typical trap

JPOBS

Smash Hero
or

dont tech> stand> something,.

people seriously underestimate how good intentional missed techs and stand are against techchase happy falcons ^__^

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
have you played hax?

falcon dittos?

or his falcon vs your spacies?

trust me it doesnt work

he'll either knee when you dont tech or scoop you up with an upair

ask mogwai about that

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
This is true, most of the people just doesnt know when to do it and then they say it doesnt work because it didnt work for them.
looool no

it doesnt work against people who obviously know how to deal with it

1. you can jab reset them
2. you can just knee them when they miss the tech
3. scoop them up with an upair
4. stomp them and pop them up or just hit them back to the floor

its not like you cant get hit when you dont tech

its like the greatest underused technique
its something some people dont know how to punish, and thats all

DrewB008

Smash Lord
every time i predict that someone will tech in place, it doesnt matter if they tech in place or dont tech

its a lot better vs sheik than falcon cause falcons will just throw that stomp on you

for example, since you guys cant read, if matt hadnt teched in the situation he described, he wouldve gotten baired off the level

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i just kinda learned from watching darkrain that you either wait for them to techroll and regrab on reaction, or stomp them where they land. the read is more of a 50-50 once you learn what to watch for in different characters tech-rolls.

the difference between a good falcon and a great falcon is his experience at and ability to adapt to and read his opponent early on in a set.

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
i just kinda learned from watching darkrain that you either wait for them to techroll and regrab on reaction, or stomp them where they land. the read is more of a 50-50 once you learn what to watch for in different characters tech-rolls.

the difference between a good falcon and a great falcon is his experience at and ability to adapt to and read his opponent early on in a set.

you didnt learn that from watching darkrain lmao

idk dude it's pretty tough, the advice darkrain gave to me was like think of it as a 50/50 shot

they're either gonna tech in place or miss tech (in which case you stomp where they land)
or
they're gonna tech roll one way or another (in which case you react and regrab)

the point is you choose whether you're gonna try to react and regrab OR whether you're gonna stomp where they land as soon as you make the throw, so it's a 50/50 guessing game

also if you throw in a fB here and there, fB is pretty good b/c it covers tech in place and tech roll to a side. not against other CFs tho b/c then they will knee you

something to think about.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also, going for the tech in place/no tech seems to be more rewarding. Because even if they do techroll, you can just SH nair towards them, right after you let out the dair/knee yu did to cover the stationary tech/no tech. That keeps the pressure on, and I see alot of top falcons doing this.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

You can regrab on reaction no matter what.........but grabs alone is not enough for falcon to really win in any tech chasing game unfortunately. =(

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
I think he did, Scar said: the advice Darkrain gave to me.. thus it came from Darkrain. =)

Failure.
so scar and strongbad are the same person?
no.

Scar said the advice darkrain gave to me, not strongbad
strongbad watched videos, and supposedly came up with the exact same thing darkrain told scar

if you believe it, lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
no.

strongbad watched videos, and supposedly came up with the exact same thing darkrain told scar

if you believe it, lol
I don't see why not? People can come up with their own things while watching stuff. Have faith, son.

sexy's back

Smash Cadet
I don't see why not? People can come up with their own things while watching stuff. Have faith, son.
are you like santa claus or something

do they even have santa in canada

is there even christmas in canada

whats canada anyways

do they have a military

what do they look like

you have that and we have

i cant believe when the canadian army is running around like that

Divinokage

Smash Legend
are you like santa claus or something

do they even have santa in canada

is there even christmas in canada

whats canada anyways

do they have a military

what do they look like

you have that and we have

i cant believe when the canadian army is running around like that
I don't see how the military is relevant to the conversation.. but whatever you like man. I am what you see.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
looool no

it doesnt work against people who obviously know how to deal with it

1. you can jab reset them
2. you can just knee them when they miss the tech
3. scoop them up with an upair
4. stomp them and pop them up or just hit them back to the floor

its not like you cant get hit when you dont tech

its like the greatest underused technique
its something some people dont know how to punish, and thats all
Youre bordering yourself and thats one of the problems of a lot of players here, in the end everything works you just have to know when to do it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
no.

if you believe it, lol
Strong Bad lives in the same city that darkrain lived in until like a month ago. I think they're in the same crew for that matter. So the idea that darkrain told him something directly is hardly far fetched.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
Strong Bad lives in the same city that darkrain lived in until like a month ago. I think they're in the same crew for that matter. So the idea that darkrain told him something directly is hardly far fetched.
yeah jona, strong bad actually plays with other people and goes to some tournaments

i know its tough for you to imagine doing anything besides watching youtube videos, but some people find a way

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk jona is saying like how did he come up with that by watching vids

its much more believable that darkrain told him that

and it's even more believable that he read what i wrote about what darkrain said and remembered that

sup guys im back

strong bad $100 mm

Top Bottom