• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ART with your POWER!!! #2 (contest ends 08/15/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhh! Good ****, Sinz!

Everything looks nice and clean. You handled the hair surprisingly well. I know hair-styles like that can be very difficult. Great job on the clouds, too! I often avoid drawing clouds in that particular formation just because I can never pull them off correctly. Props. You really portrayed your feelings well. I'm pretty sure I have a good understanding of what you feel like right before surfing (being a Californian that's somehow never been, figure that one out).

Can't wait to see more!

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
wow this looks awesome!
hella, youre really talented !i mean, really O_O good draft/photoshop work

sinz, i can really feel your passion....:3

unfortunately, i probably wont be able to participate this time... we'll see.

yay
more entries!!!

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
I think I'll try this one. Although I don't think a picture of myself eating pudding will suffice as a passion...

Any medium is alright, as long as I have proof, correct? I think I'll bust out Lightwave, if that's possible.

How about an animation? I would love to re-create the galaxy I did for class, and pimp it out. I have an A-wing model I can make modify to look more angular and have a nice space battle going on.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
It's whatever you like =)

Ho man, I can understand the passion behind eating a bowl of pudding, though. Nyom yom yom.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I think I'll try this one. Although I don't think a picture of myself eating pudding will suffice as a passion...

Any medium is alright, as long as I have proof, correct? I think I'll bust out Lightwave, if that's possible.

How about an animation? I would love to re-create the galaxy I did for class, and pimp it out. I have an A-wing model I can make modify to look more angular and have a nice space battle going on.
OMNOMNOMNOM PUDDING.

nice to see a fellow lightwave user ;D

Dan ablan all da way

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I follow tutorials. I'll do it once step by step, to get the normal finished project, but then spin it a few times to give it a personal flair. One of the things I'm notorious about is never changing the name of the project... So I'll have four of the same file in three different folders with no way to distinguish aside from opening them.

I found a tutorial a long time ago on sparks, and I dredged it up because it was my favorite.

I have screenshots of two different colors.

Blue: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/nuksucao/Sparks.jpg
Purple: http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/nuksucao/?action=view&current=Sparks2.jpg

And sorry about the iTunes info... It's a habit for me, to throw my cursor to the bottom right.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
lol shift save for different versions daawwgg.

what kind of tutorials? cause dan ablan has video tutorials if you didnt understand what i meant by him, idk. im confused lol.

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
I google different tutorials. Most of them are using waayyy older copies of LW, so I have no idea what they're talking about when they reference different interface buttons or things.

Any feedback..?

Edit: Err, is that a no on the feedback front? Because those were two WIP submissions.

Edit 2: I think I'm going to render the purple one it its entirety, although I never heard on what I could put into the animation to prove it's mine.

I could throw in a flat polygon with anything on it, and I could even have the sparks light it in different ways. I dunno, that'd be fun, though.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I kinda took the "all my passions" road like the other dude on here (lol awsome btw).
I dont know if im gonna color it ...

wtf Image shacks quality is ***

some stuff on the pic:

The thing on the shelf smokeing is a cinnimon candle
The thing on the bottom shelf is a wii
The thing below the pc desk is a 360
The monitor has a wii censor on it
The cup on the top shelf has paint brushes in it
The stack of **** with the cell phone on it are ps1 games and cds
The big thing on the desk is my tablet
The small table has a big mug of water on it. (its all i drink)
No, im not mad or thinking... thats just how my eyebrows are shaped
yes, those are christmas lights
That clip board is what i draw on
and last... Yes, Sleeping is one of my passions

on a side note ... i made myself looks like a ******* lol with that hair and shirt...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Wow. That is... pretty amazing, Matt. I think it's sometimes difficult to make black and white pieces eyecatching, but this one does it well. Looks like a painting. Great contrast.

Oh yeh, I had a question for the judges. Are musical entries allowed? I know it probably would've been tough for something like Everyday Life, but for this and a lot of other themes I bet you could compose songs to convey certain moods/ideas that match the prompt. Just wondering if this is restricted to visual pieces.

Frown

poekmon
Oh yeh, I had a question for the judges. Are musical entries allowed? I know it probably would've been tough for something like Everyday Life, but for this and a lot of other themes I bet you could compose songs to convey certain moods/ideas that match the prompt. Just wondering if this is restricted to visual pieces.
I like the idea.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Musical entries are not allowed. While music is a large part of the fine arts, these contests focus on the material composition of art. But don't let that stop you from writing music anyways!

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
matt this is awesome.
i really like the idea of a black/white piece
(which was also the idea for my piece btw, but since i wont participate, nevermind)

its really well done:)

lythium/spire im waiting for yours:mad:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Final piece^^^
As for passions...
explosions
motorcycles
my new cellphone
Going to zange-chaan social group.(orange building) The group is so fun and the people are cool to a passionate level...yea
Lastly bombs. (blue thing in the guy's hand) it IS different from explosions.

WIP pictures are for losers

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Final picture:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Wiscus/bookpassionfinalmaybe.jpg

Wips: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Wiscus/bookpassionwip.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Wiscus/bookpassion.jpg

I hope these wips are okay I deleted some of the earlier layers by mistake...
This was done completely in paint tool sai (I miss my scanner) very quickly tonight..:)

Description: I love books and feel that they take you to many magical places...I don't think this really conveys my passion for books.
They take you to heaven!! (marvel at my sketchy crap art-lol)

Spire

III
BRoomer
lythium/spire im waiting for yours:mad:[/COLOR]
Location confirmed, sending supplies.

Keep in mind, this may take until the waning hours of the 15th. I've been caught up with a lot, but have definitely put work into a new painting. I hope I finish in time :dizzy:

If not, I'll get the piece up whenever it's done, probably in my long-since-dead painting thread.

Nice job to all of those who've entered so far! Wonderful, wonderful pieces.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh darn it! I'm browsing the site and I just notice this. Had I seen it sooner, I'd have entered something.

I'll try to do so for the next one.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Here's my entry: Sugar High

Apologies about my fingers being in the way. I managed to take two WIPs and then my computer couldn't read my SD card, so I had to use my webcam.

My conveyed passion is candy. I love candy. I have an enormous sweet tooth and terribly gullible self-control. I have mostly gotten out of the habit of eating candy for breakfast, but I still snack throughout the day on things I shouldn't be. At the moment I am filled with elation over candy! I love it, although it's so sweet and disgusting that I'm not sure why. But I've eaten my way through mountains of it already. Clearly, it is candy that is sugar in it's purest that I am after! It is not surprising then that I am constantly comparing items of clothing, shoes, jewelry to food. Everything, or most things, tend to look like food or candy, or remind me of it!

Work In Progress 1: Sketch
Work In Progress 2: Black & White

So, there you have it. Oh, and materials are white sketchbook paper, fine-tip inking pen, and coloured pencils.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Here's my entry: Sugar High

Apologies about my fingers being in the way. I managed to take two WIPs and then my computer couldn't read my SD card, so I had to use my webcam.

My conveyed passion is candy. I love candy. I have an enormous sweet tooth and terribly gullible self-control. I have mostly gotten out of the habit of eating candy for breakfast, but I still snack throughout the day on things I shouldn't be. At the moment I am filled with elation over candy! I love it, although it's so sweet and disgusting that I'm not sure why. But I've eaten my way through mountains of it already. Clearly, it is candy that is sugar in it's purest that I am after! It is not surprising then that I am constantly comparing items of clothing, shoes, jewelry to food. Everything, or most things, tend to look like food or candy, or remind me of it!

Work In Progress 1: Sketch
Work In Progress 2: Black & White

So, there you have it. Oh, and materials are white sketchbook paper, fine-tip inking pen, and coloured pencils.
I really like love this! It's amazing!

Mewter

Smash Master
Wow, Lythium! That's sweet! (No pun intended)
I seriously love it!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Doesn't look like I'll be able to get mine up in time. A very, very slim chance at that :urg:

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Woods

Well, it looks like I made the cut afterall!

I'm truly passionate about painting and creating worlds. I'm also in love with The Legend of Zelda, Star Wars, and the various worlds of Final Fantasy. This piece was particularly inspired by Kokiri Forest, Kashyyyk, and Salikawood and Golmore Jungle from FFXII.

I also love Crape Myrtle trees, as we have a large one in our backyard that's been there my entire life. I've always admired the tree for its bark and skeletal form, not for its foliage. If nothing else, this was my main inspiration for this painting. I wanted to paint a whispy forest of colossal Crape Myrtles. I also wanted to hint towards some sort of resident species with the boardwalks and hollowed, glowing holes in the trees.

WIP 1
WIP 2

Also, sorry for the poor quality image. My camera is still junk, and unless I can borrow a camera from a friend, I'm afraid this is the best quality I'll be able to upload.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire, I knew you would pull through if we pressured you enough. :)
I couldn't let you down ;)

Plus, having an 80% finished painting staring at me every time I entered the room didn't help. I went out and bought the canvas for this contest and everything. Abandoning it because of time constraints turned out to not be an option.

NOW since I put off my aunt's birthday for this, I will drive out there. The rest of my family left long ago, so I feel pretty guilty.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I hate to use such an overused word, but that is nothing short of amazing, Spire. Props.

Also, I don't think the camera quality is that bad. It's easy to see how much work was put into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom