• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
looool no

it doesnt work against people who obviously know how to deal with it

1. you can jab reset them
2. you can just knee them when they miss the tech
3. scoop them up with an upair
4. stomp them and pop them up or just hit them back to the floor

its not like you cant get hit when you dont tech

its like the greatest underused technique
its something some people dont know how to punish, and thats all
well obviously if you post every fault that COULd happen and every measure than COULD to be taken to **** anything, we would never get anywhere because nothing you do in this game is safe.

the point is that like, no one intentionally misses techs because they are afraid of the OBVIOUS punishments that come along with it. that being said, not many players try to cover the option of a missed tech because a lot of the time they just assume the opponent isnt going to miss it. mindgamez son :dizzy:

and the comment about hax, i dunno, i heard someone say somewhere that hax told them they were hard to read cuz they didnt tech in place. i lol'd

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i said from watching darkrain, not from watching vids of him. and darkrain doesn't/didn't give me advice, either, cuz i don't use falcon much, or ask for it lol. i'm not a good player, but i can still make observations. you people and your internet.
yeah jona, strong bad actually plays with other people and goes to some tournaments

i know its tough for you to imagine doing anything besides watching youtube videos, but some people find a way
get ***** jona
strong bad $100 mm
ok

whenever i'm not using black falcon, i'm using black falcon.

Scar

#HarveyDent
at least jona asks **** about CF every once in a while

i think it is hard to read people who don't mix up their techs enough or underuse one tech option

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
as a perennial CF punching bag, I can tell you that I have to consciously change my tech patterns depending on which Falcon is beating the crap out of me. like, when I'm playing Hax, I don't think he has any problems with those things, so instead I just try to have a healthy mix of techs to make him guess.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
What I do is when I'm caught in a tech chase/combo I FORCE myself to do the opposite of whatever tech direction intially pops into my mind. It works very well. I love it when I think to tech away then at the last second change my mind to tech towards them and see them try to punish the tech away lol

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
at least jona asks **** about CF every once in a while

i think it is hard to read people who don't mix up their techs enough or underuse one tech option
speaking of asking questions about CF, i need some tips to playing vs shiek any will help, oh an wat % can u tech case shiek till?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
u wana no wats starting to piss me off, the better u get / more advice u get it seems to end wit "dd camp them and cuz ur so fast ur more likely 2 u win" and this tends to work very well XD.... just in my opinion,

comments?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dd is the only way to get grabs w/ falcon and donkey kong. and like the entire lower half of the tier list.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
pretty much right when they start their jump. Just learn it as a mix in though, it shouldn't be your default action.

like, as CF in the situation, you want to start matches by just doing a SH nair in those situations to get over low SHLs, which conditions the Falco to shoot higher, which you can then exploit with raptor boost.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, yeah. I always have issue with approaching Falcos who are lasering, and especially if they start utilting when you get close.

Any tips on how to deal with shield pressure from Falco? All I ever seem to be able to do is either roll or wavedash OOS away from them, unless they mess up an l-cancel or something.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
you can try SH dair OoS vs. shine depending on spacing, but uh, I dunno, you're at a frame disadvantage and the best my shield pressure game seems to get, the less CFs can seem to do OoS vs. me. I think rolling or WDing away is 100% fine as your don't really wanna be in shield vs. Falco and when you get caught in it, you should just be trying to reset to a neutral position where you can potentially use your speed edge.

Taffy

Smash Rookie
I've got a quick question about rising full jumping aerials while using the c-stick. I use c-stick for all SH aerials, but when I do rising full jump moves, for the most part I use the A button. I jump with X , and I can just press my thumb against X and A at the same time so the aerials come out with the jump at the same time (well close enough). It really helps when doing stuff like upthrows to upairs because the move comes out so quick, but its difficult to get enough forward movement with the aerial that if the opponent DIs away, I can continue the combo. Should I just always use c-stick in these situations, no matter how they DI, before the throw, after the aerial and so forth? What about when I am just doing, say, a rising bair knowing that they are going to full jump at me (as an example).

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I've got a quick question about rising full jumping aerials while using the c-stick. I use c-stick for all SH aerials, but when I do rising full jump moves, for the most part I use the A button. I jump with X , and I can just press my thumb against X and A at the same time so the aerials come out with the jump at the same time (well close enough). It really helps when doing stuff like upthrows to upairs because the move comes out so quick, but its difficult to get enough forward movement with the aerial that if the opponent DIs away, I can continue the combo. Should I just always use c-stick in these situations, no matter how they DI, before the throw, after the aerial and so forth? What about when I am just doing, say, a rising bair knowing that they are going to full jump at me (as an example).
You could just dash forward AND full jump with Up in the DI away situation and hit A/c-stick for the upair. That's what I do for certain things (Like fulljumping out with a bair with Marth).

C-stick or A again is a personal preference. As long as you can do it consistently either way is all that matters.

Top Bottom