• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucario Video Thread (6-29-10) *A Tier's not far away*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trela

Smash Lord
i wish this thread was organized by date rather than player. or date first, anyway. some of these videos belong in a museum.
Lol ik. At least more than half the videos here are gonna be removed or something xO

Gotta find a perfect day when I am not as busy lazy to edit this stuff...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Trela...If you are not going to ever finish the site then take it off the ****ing title!

:D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ah, good stuff. I will have to steal some stuff from these vids.

Also, Azen living that long against Meta's dsmash isn't a big surprise to me. A Snake can survive a fresh Meta dsmash over 200% from the center of FD. Lucario is about 180ish%, which is where Azen was. It was stale and Azen was hit with the front part, which has less knockback. Still, good stuff at surviving.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Wow watching that was amazing, although all I want to hurt that camera man, jokes. Azen just plays so smart. :) YAY! Lucario won a tourney.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
My eyes, they won't stop shaking after following the camera. It felt like a roller coaster, the Screen goes up...........DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN, shake shake, up, down.
And lol at them talking about the board.

Good stuff.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
My eyes, they won't stop shaking after following the camera. It felt like a roller coaster, the Screen goes up...........DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN, shake shake, up, down.
And lol at them talking about the board.

Good stuff.
Junebug kept saying "watch this lucario boards!!!" lol. , I have noticed Azen isnt using Fsmash as much anymore. maybe he started getting punished?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So since Lucario mainers are my type of players, these vidjas are dedicated to y'all, especially the Vegas Luccies.

I just be trollin' ya boards, 'cause it's fun and productive at the same time, make these vidjas out to be whatever you guys want, be it rage or lulz or a newfound respect, I don't care it makes me all happy equally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWOSm_gcx0&feature=channel

Kinzer (Sonic) Vs. Drex (Lucario)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfyNNlAYTU&feature=channel

Kinzer (Sonic) Vs. Drex (Lucario)

Lotsa disclaimers are left for you to read, some should be common sense to you all anyway, if you ignore them it will only make me laugh even harder.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking something...

Lucario isn't very popular character to play if we look at the tier list. Even many of the lower tier characters are more represented than Lucario. He is known as an annoying and roll-spamming character and that's what bugs me off. I was thinking that maybe we (you D: ) should make a video of reasons why one should play Lucario and why he is enjoyable to play showing some cool stuff and throwing there some nifty facts about him also. I bet that we could get more players and just show how awesome Lucario is.

//awful English.

Just a suggestion...

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm releasing a video HOPEFULLY this week which shows how the AS is used.

It SHOULD give him some more respect, cause it's just that awesome (and useful) :D me and Disciple also hope to do a video series on Match Ups, so that SHOULD (yay for more capital letters) help also!

Zucco

Smash Master
I was thinking something...

Lucario isn't very popular character to play if we look at the tier list. Even many of the lower tier characters are more represented than Lucario. He is known as an annoying and roll-spamming character and that's what bugs me off. I was thinking that maybe we (you D: ) should make a video of reasons why one should play Lucario and why he is enjoyable to play showing some cool stuff and throwing there some nifty facts about him also. I bet that we could get more players and just show how awesome Lucario is.

//awful English.

Just a suggestion...
Lucario is seen as an annoying, roll-spamming character because that's how most Lucarios play him. Lucario doesn't have alot of rep because there's just no reason to invest time in him when you can just as easily pick up a better character or for different reasons, pick up a low tier to get that respect that only comes from maining low tiers.

on topic, I should have some videos by the end of this week. Hopefully they will be decent but I have a feeling that they wont be.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lucario is seen as an annoying, roll-spamming character because that's how most Lucarios play him. Lucario doesn't have alot of rep because there's just no reason to invest time in him when you can just as easily pick up a better character or for different reasons, pick up a low tier to get that respect that only comes from maining low tiers.

on topic, I should have some videos by the end of this week. Hopefully they will be decent but I have a feeling that they wont be.
You know if you want, send me replays of your choosing that you have stored personally, and I will upload them.

Zucco

Smash Master
You know if you want, send me replays of your choosing that you have stored personally, and I will upload them.
I dont have any replays on my wii, but if I ever do get some ill remember this offer.:)

Browny

Smash Hater
TBH Lucario isnt popular due to a lot of reasons

Hes really is not flashy at all. outside of some fair-nair-jab-fp mixups, his 'combos' are pretty standard. He cant spike people, his gimp game is as simple as spamming fair and has no KO moves which are cool to land (things like warios waft, sweetspot falco fsmash, snake uair etc). When Lucario matches can often go for around 5:00, you wont find people wanting the character who drags out matches this long to win. When youre a borderline high tier character only, these reasons dont give people much incentive to play him considering how much work you have to put in. Then theres the problem of people disliking playing against someone who uses lucario...

from the enemies point of view, playing against lucario isnt too dissimilar to someone like G&W. the entire game can be spent trying to get past his walling, only to end up falling into his auto-combos. having a full charge aura sphere severely changes the way people approach. every single second of the match has to be spent paying attention to Lucario or youre gonna get hit by it again and again and again. When he refuses to die due to his crazy good MC, DI and weight and manages a KO and takes off around 60% in 3 attacks next stock, that really infuriates people. and of course everyone hates getting hit by the dair. challenging it is rarely worth the risk and it just makes this huge zone the enemy will never feel comfortable being in because no matter how well they space udnerneath him, dair to stall can ruin a lot of attempted KO set-ups.

Almost every single person ive ever played absolutely hates playing against my Lucario. they never elaborate why, but imo its a combination of all those things.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm prolly naive, but what's MC again?
Edit: nevermind lol, momentum cancel. I know how good his is (if I'm being serious in living, I live in the 150-160 max on FD after being hit with conventional kill moves lol).

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
TBH Lucario isnt popular due to a lot of reasons

Hes really is not flashy at all. outside of some fair-nair-jab-fp mixups, his 'combos' are pretty standard. He cant spike people, his gimp game is as simple as spamming fair and has no KO moves which are cool to land (things like warios waft, sweetspot falco fsmash, snake uair etc). When Lucario matches can often go for around 5:00, you wont find people wanting the character who drags out matches this long to win. When youre a borderline high tier character only, these reasons dont give people much incentive to play him considering how much work you have to put in. Then theres the problem of people disliking playing against someone who uses lucario...

Ah yes. Lucario really doesnt have anything flashy, exceedingly powerful, or even just have a cool looking move (My eyes buggd out after watching looped pit arrows.) Also, the High tier mentality, AKA why main a high tier when you can main a top tier, drives off people from playing him. and if it werent for the aura ability, he wouldnt get noticed at all imo. However, on the upside, Firing a megasphere is pretty awesome, and watching opponents despair if you live past 150% totally makes my day. Also, I like him fir the fact that he never really relies on 1-2 tools to become good. Remove Falco's laser, DDD' and IC's chaingrab, and Diddy's bananas, and you'll realize theyre not really toptier material.

However, probably the one thing that pisses me off is when many people see Lucario players as people who like to roll spam, then get mindlessly killed. He is a much deeper character than that. (although still pretty basic.)

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Friendlies vs RoyR(Marth), 2 matches in each video.

Set 1
Set 2
Set 3

There is some good stuff but also lots of dumb stuff, lol.

I'm trash, I know.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dear god, that vid is old. I missed those days, when things were so much simpler...

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Remove DDD' and IC's chaingrab, and Diddy's bananas, and you'll realize theyre not really toptier material.
Though I rightfully agree for the most of your statement regarding Lucario, my biggest...Whatever this is, is that though D3 without a chain grab isn't top tier, he's still pretty good, if you read them correctly.

Balanced Brawl took his cg away, and he's still pretty good with the proper reading.

IC's on the other hand, easily down a tier or two without CG's.

Diddy without banana's isn't really Diddy anymore, he's just...Squirtle with a spike, and annoying as **** taunts.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
OMG I remember that match LOL. Nostalgia son. That doesn't happen anymore, muahahahah!
Yeah, I miss those days. :ohwell:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Trela

Smash Lord
*updated*

Sweet. My Mic. It's still gone.

And yeah, PatG is good. He got like Top 8 I think at some big Tournament not long ago, and was killing or almost beating big name players (he took ADHD to game 3, which is REALLY good if you ask me lol).

Browny

Smash Hater
is this a critique thread?

anyway flamey It struck me during your match (I only watched the peach one) that your accuracy of attacks was very low. I wouldnt be surprised if it was around 35%. I dont think any character can win with an accuracy that low :( so many times you got hit in the lag between attacks which really had no chance of hitting peach. the bair walls are ok since you didnt really get punished but there was just too much attacking which was out of range, consequently you constantly got hit when he just waited for you to attack, then punished :/ 0:21 to 0:45 is a pretty clear example of what im seeing here.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
is this a critique thread?

anyway flamey It struck me during your match (I only watched the peach one) that your accuracy of attacks was very low. I wouldnt be surprised if it was around 35%. I dont think any character can win with an accuracy that low :( so many times you got hit in the lag between attacks which really had no chance of hitting peach. the bair walls are ok since you didnt really get punished but there was just too much attacking which was out of range, consequently you constantly got hit when he just waited for you to attack, then punished :/ 0:21 to 0:45 is a pretty clear example of what im seeing here.
Peach is weird :<

I was trying out stuff and trying to learn the match-up and wing it but I guess it didn't work.
I have a match VS a diddy that day too but my TV did that darken/blackout thing during recording and I have to re-record T.T

but do watch the friendly, its a better example of my general playstyle [only really good when close :<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom