• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Xin on PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'll be releasing Original Character's movesets that i make here.. 1's up is.......

So after tons of stress.. i present to you a Beta of my First Original Character from Project Xin. He has the same name as I (Kyzon) and when i stop being lazy and figure out how to do it will have his own custom texture...

So Changes
New Up Tilt. Uses Up throw Animation (still needs work)
New Up Smash Uses Up B Animation (not working properly yet)
New Side Smash 3 Hit Combo.. with hit 1 and 2 having slight stunning abilities.
New Side B.. A Teleporting Attack.
New Up B A Spinning attack that deals electrical damage
Neutral B is in progress.. currently does nothing yet for now...
New Side and Down Taunts... Side will be fixed soon tho..
Down Throw slows down ala The Matrix before the attack.
small tweaks to physics... (will make alot more later)
Special Weapon Graphx all over..

To Do:
Get more graphx while the file is small.
Finish Removing Sword and Sheild from EVERY attack and animation.
Finish B moves
Finish A moves.
Change Final Smash
Change Voice (to make it deeper)
Tons of Tweaks.
other stuff i cant remember..

Bugs:
None that i've seen

tested in:
Brawl+ 4.0

Download V.05
http://www.mediafire.com/?ao2zgdmykmw

So Download... give me tons of feed back and most importantly HAVE FUN...
also if someone would be awesome and make a video with him i'll link it to my threads

Side B

Side B

Side B

Up Tilt

Up Smash

Side Smash (start)

Side Smash

Side Smash

Side Smash End

Down Throw

Dair

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Pictures dont do it Justice.. i'm gonna try and get someone to make a vid so you can see better.

i think i wrote about the animation changes i have so far tho... (too lazy to go look) did all of this today since my old file broke

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You probably should have done more work on this before releasing it. A most moves either aren't changed, or aren't functional. The SideB is kinda cool, but besides that, there's nothing that great.

Also, the UpB feels REALLY odd. I think there's some sort of mismatch between the spinning speed, and the rate in which you recover. It just feels uncanny.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
so uh, the side smash does toooo much damage. lower that. maybe you should try an If button pressed command on the Side b after he teleports to do diffrent things. probably should make it go into fallspecial if used in the air. and yea, the glowy shield thing just looks weird and so does the up B >.o and yea I sorta agree shadic lol. finish it up a bit more at least have the attacks finished then release it and get feedback or something.

I like the side B though, its cool.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of making side B only able to be used once in air.. once i figure it out..
and i have ALOT of damage tweaking and i'm not done with the graphics for the up B or its functionality.. its probably gonna be different on ground than in the air...

and this is just the beta for anyone who's been waiting since i had said i would release alot earlier before my old file got corrupted.

but i'm taking all of these to heart while i'm continuing work

Salem

Smash Champion
I'm thinking of making side B only able to be used once in air.. once i figure it out..
and i have ALOT of damage tweaking and i'm not done with the graphics for the up B or its functionality.. its probably gonna be different on ground than in the air...

and this is just the beta for anyone who's been waiting since i had said i would release alot earlier before my old file got corrupted.

but i'm taking all of these to heart while i'm continuing work
What'll be your next project after this? :p

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
After this i'm making another one of my Characters.. Fina... and she'll be over either ZSS or Zelda
probably ZSS tho since she's all ninja like

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
It works with normal brawl.. i just have no idea how it does... give it a try and see if its any good there

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Oh that would be Awesome Leaf :3

Also today the Up B will be changed i think...

and down B will be created

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sweet, thanks!

@Kyzon: I just tested 'im out. You did some really cool stuff with him -- in particular I'm going to look at the animation going on for Up+B, and what exactly is happening with Side+B. As for feedback, I did find that his jab, Fsmash, and Up+B do way too much damage (UpB in particular). Also, the jab and Fsmash hitboxes are too large for the effects (and for balance).

I'm sure you know these things already, but I thought I'd point 'em out anyway.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Up B is probably gonna have same effect but diff animation.. that animation was from my other link that i put on hold.. I will be working on hitbox sizes tonight and toning the up B down ALOT

but i appreciate the input tho..
i'm making hitboxes for things like his upsmash and up tilt too since they carry the old hitboxes still. and throws i've decided are gonna change.. and aerials.... well alot.. i have tons to do.
but i'm hoping by the end of the week to have him semi-balanced and all of the moves working properly..
and hoping to have some info on the next character in this project who will be over ZSS

ah and thanks for the random feedback kenji...
i completely forgot about lag for Grounded Up B >.>

the smashes are all going to have their hitboxes fixed and added/deleted by next release

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Almost finished with this Hack.
All moves have been finished.
Version (almost 1) download

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmkymlmvywy

all B moves Changed.
Most A moves were changed.. only a few were left as is
Throws changed/tweaked.

to come with final product is SFX GPX Balancing and a new final smash

Status
Not open for further replies.