• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
idk

i can get it when i dont mess up

im going to my first tourney tomorrow/ well today
saturday

should be ****, hope i do well

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
honestly ive been playing like 5 people lately

and when im going against a falco/falcon/fox

my tech chasing is pretty on point

hopefully i can bring that tomorrow as well..

someone told me that the nervs get him when he plays, and that he thinks that is something that makes him do not as well
he lost to someone he normally beats like 24/7 and there was no excuse besides his nervs

i dont have nervs lol so hopefully since he told me that i expect to do as best as i can..

should be fun

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont mean on point

i mean literally

you get a grab, and they at the very least get kneed, but should ideally die

100% of the time

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol yo im being serious

i was hoping you would be like

" a wise man once said...blah blah"

like some advice or something

but nooo

hopefully tho when the tourney is over, people will be talking about me :D
hopefully good things lol

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
Falcon vs falcon How do you approach someone who is using the same character as you?

I also have a question on how to play Ice climbers..
What are some good cp stages that are in favor for falcon when playing ic's?
ya just over shoot him with a nair or empty hop at him.

as for the counter pics pf rainbow and i like fountain cuz it ****s there grabs all up but im not that good at this game.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you just told me to practice my tech skill so that i could do 100% perfect tech chases like you can

i didnt think you were in the mood to listen to any advice

my best advice would be to notice if something isnt working and not keep trying it

and nerves will probably get to you somewhat, if you find yourself saying "man im not doing anything right" or "normally my tech skill..." then stop yourself because everyone has those problems and just focus on what you need to do to get a kill and go for that

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you just told me to practice my tech skill so that i could do 100% perfect tech chases like you can

i didnt think you were in the mood to listen to any advice

my best advice would be to notice if something isnt working and not keep trying it

and nerves will probably get to you somewhat, if you find yourself saying "man im not doing anything right" or "normally my tech skill..." then stop yourself because everyone has those problems and just focus on what you need to do to get a kill and go for that
my bad, i cant do perfect tech chases

i said when i dont mess up i can do it, but i usually get it against the people ive played recently

but alright thanks
P.C. Jona might be a trash talking know it all troll
buuut
the real jona knows when he needs advice lol

Meneks

Smash Lord
just dash dance until they approach you then you grab them

or you can whiff an approach on their dash dancing to get them to try to punish it and you just jab or gentleman or something to throw them off guard then you grab or whatever
Whats known to be the most consistent/easiest way to gentlemen?

I'm kinda inconsistent with it since I don't main falcon. I've been switching around with the Jab+jab+Z and the Jab+jab+jab+dash

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Don't be surprised if you do badly. Even if you're technically good, there's no subsitute for tournament experience and the high pressure situations you'll get into. It'll be interesting.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
alright thanks, i hope i can keep my cool through everything, i dont usually get discouraged ever..

i dont wanna get last place lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
No, I mean you can seriously sit down and take notes and learn what to do in any situation and be super intelligent at melee
but you couldn't make yourself do it in game, your bad habits and first reactions would take priority over what you know you should do because you haven't played in tournies and don't know how to force yourself to not give in to pressure
know what i mean?
also, jona, getting last means nothing. just try to get out of pools.

Meneks

Smash Lord
No, I mean you can seriously sit down and take notes and learn what to do in any situation and be super intelligent at melee
but you couldn't make yourself do it in game, your bad habits and first reactions would take priority over what you know you should do because you haven't played in tournies and don't know how to force yourself to not give in to pressure
know what i mean?
also, jona, getting last means nothing. just try to get out of pools.
True story.. But if you can adapt quickly thats fine to.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Jona, you're assuming they don't DI the dthrow at all. In a perfectly ideal situation, they would DI slightly in so that you could SHFFL a knee that would connect (if they teched in place / didn't tech) without having to move to their location. But that's almost never the case. I'm pretty sure this is why players like SS wavedash towards the spacies immediately after dthrow; to put themselves in a better position to cover all options. But even someone as fast as he is can't cover all four options with your 'SHFFL knee then quickly chase a tech' strategy.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo bigd didnt u make ur new account like a week ago how do u have 100 posts already XD

anyways any like tips on falco match up would be nice

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Jona, you're assuming they don't DI the dthrow at all. In a perfectly ideal situation, they would DI slightly in so that you could SHFFL a knee that would connect (if they teched in place / didn't tech) without having to move to their location. But that's almost never the case. I'm pretty sure this is why players like SS wavedash towards the spacies immediately after dthrow; to put themselves in a better position to cover all options. But even someone as fast as he is can't cover all four options with your 'SHFFL knee then quickly chase a tech' strategy.
this is true
and i realized sometimes you just catch them because they stand still
from either being nervous or idk
sometimes i just grab them because their in their shield..
but ya

Scar

#HarveyDent
tec0 i used mango's trick this time but i usually just ASDI up and try to SDI up, turns out any regular SDI will pick you up off the ground so just rotate the control stick and it usually pops him up

i hate being in that weird position though, can't fastfall or anything, i'm thinking about throwing a knee out there but you can prob grab me when i land so idk

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Are you talking about just like...being elevated a little bit out of a jab from teh ground cuz you SDI up?

I don't think a knee comes out fast enough, I think sheik can do something before you get a knee out (assuming tec0 is being gay and is playing sheik). I think nair is the only move that is fast enough.

Scar

#HarveyDent
no when you miss a tech vs sheik's tech chase she can jab you and CF is forced to get up in place until like 40%, then you can roll after the jab by holding a direction

SDI eliminates that entire process so sheik's tech chase vs falcon is pretty much grab dthrow you miss tech you SDI you're free

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
thats what i meant. instead of being reset you just sort of...jump up from teh ground.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
What about dash attack tech chases though?

Edit: well, I should really say upsmash/dsmash punish.

soap

Smash Hero
no when you miss a tech vs sheik's tech chase she can jab you and CF is forced to get up in place until like 40%, then you can roll after the jab by holding a direction

SDI eliminates that entire process so sheik's tech chase vs falcon is pretty much grab dthrow you miss tech you SDI you're free
at 0?

does SDI work at every percent?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
at 0?

does SDI work at every percent?
has to be above 30% to work proper, miss the tech they jab, u SDI up and u can get the first hit of the nair if ur really fast after u SDI the jab or u can just dj and run away or air dodge w.e u please, gets easier higher the %,

edit: my bad didnt read that ppl already said this :p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
tec0 i used mango's trick this time but i usually just ASDI up and try to SDI up, turns out any regular SDI will pick you up off the ground so just rotate the control stick and it usually pops him up

i hate being in that weird position though, can't fastfall or anything, i'm thinking about throwing a knee out there but you can prob grab me when i land so idk
Wow nice I was so confused when you did this :laugh:.

Thanks ;)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
double jump out

you might be able to waveland, but i doubt it

afro chris unless you have some more specific issues with falco im gonna say pretty much nair all over until you can get a nair grab at low % or knock him down for a tech chase after 30 or so

focus on just avoiding lasers a lot, that frustrates falcos, even if youre not punishing them the falco player will sort of feel like they arent working and start getting desperate

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Does SDIing up get you out of every character's jab reset, cause I think i heard somewhere that Sheik's jab was too weak to give enough opportunity to DI out of a reset.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
george, imma eat up that falcon next time we play, even tho it's like my worst matchup.

i'll be forfeiting matches alldai, son!!

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Sheik's tech chase works BETTER on Fox because she can jab reset him to higher percent without him being able to ASDI up and land on his feet. Falco can actually escape jab resets at 42 and then buffer roll or even just shine but no Falcos do this because they either don't know or because...? I don't know how I'd continue that.
Ah found it, so I guess SDI would work where ASDI alone may not. Cool thanks for the tip Scar

Top Bottom