• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I think theer's a huge problem. Ha anyone ever noticedd, that everything PSAA related is ruining and polluting the smash workshop? There was a thread that discussed if they should get their own subforum, but that discussed it like a privlege. I"m discussing it like it's a problem. Like HALF of the first page is ALL PSA stuff. HALF. I think something should be done >.>

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
That would work. I'm just getting annoyed at all the useless PSA threads >.>

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
How many annoyed at PSA threads threads do we have now?

I'm starting to get pretty annoyed.

>.>

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Umm...all the other threads are about either textures or brawl+. So I don't see a problem with PSA threads.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...Because there's 12 threads about PSA on the main page? And current discussion is cluttered and unorganized, if PSA got it's own sub-forum, there'd be room for stickies and individual character threads.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
◇☆◎◇ SUPER CLUTTER! We need more sub-forums^^ lol.
Serious a sub would do good. ☆◇◎◇

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Smash workshop was made for smash hacks.
Not Brawl+
Don't get mad cause a new hack is stealin the spot light.
No one mentioned plus. If plus took up the degree of space that PSA did, I would certainly argue for its own subforum. As it is, most of the discussion about the game happens in the nightly thread and stickies, so it doesn't really take up much space.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I actually think the Workshop could use quite a bit of division and organization, starting with PSA, but not necessarily ending with it.

I'm of the opinion that the Workshop deserves its own forum, too, instead of just being a sub-forum, but that's a different story and a smaller problem.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Yeah, pretty much any threads about the same thing that are brought up like forever should have their own sub-forum, but that's not the point.

Thanks for saying that video was hay by the way :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Smash workshop was made for smash hacks.
Not Brawl+
Don't get mad cause a new hack is stealin the spot light.
Workshop was made because Brawl+ and other hacking were clogging up the main Brawl forum.

PSA threads are doing the same here. PSA chatter is clogged between a couple of threads, and the refuse that gets poured out in the form of mediocre topics doesn't help the clutter.

Nobody is "mad" that PSA is "Stealin' the spotlight." And it's shallow thinking on your end to say so. Many, like myself, think that PSA would be the one that benefits from getting its own subforum, not BBrawl and Brawl+.

And Mr. -0, f=209 is NOT your personal army. In fact, it's spam, offensive, and inflammatory to drag your mindless crap into a completely unrelated topic, or anywhere for that matter.

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
Sounds good to me. I'm not annoyed at it, but for organizational purposes it sounds like a good idea.

And as Shadic said nondescript topic titles FTL. Seriously. That's not going to help.

Almas

Smash Lord
Subforums just aren't going to happen. But fine, let's fix this now.

I want one person to take responsibility of owning a PSA character discussion thread. If you want to keep the one already in existance, that's fine. All PSA characters and talk about them will be done in there. In addition, we'll preserve one troubleshooting thread. Every other PSA thread will be closed.

Any posts containing PSA characters can be PM'ed to me, and I will create a stickied character database. The thread will be locked and contain only PSA characters. In the posts you should be sure to include download links, detailed information etc.

If you want to discuss single characters in detail, I recommend making Social Groups. Perhaps whoever is coordinating the discussion thread could include links to all of these active groups in existance at any time?

I'll enact this plan within 1-2 days.

Sails

Smash Ace
Honestly, I support the idea of another forum (Not on SWF) for PSA characters. Go to Kitty Corp or something. There's too much clutter here for it, and if MLG or whoever is uncooperative enough to not open a subforum for something that is turning in to a **** near epidemic, then just take it elsewhere.

mofo_

Smash Ace
ok, there should be.....

-Brawl+/BBrawl/ w.e codes in general subforum
-Texture/Model/music etc subforum
-PSA subforum

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
One topic isn't going to cut it. You can't giving critique to specific characters without things getting confusing, you can't ask for help, etc. Upgrading Smash Workshop to its own section instead of subforum and dividing it would be much nicer imo.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm sure they know that, but being partnered up with MLG kind of restricts us, it seems.

Crap is going to get so cluttered any honest discussion of PSA is going to have to move to another site, such as Kittycorp. They've got a pretty good system going on over there.

Almas

Smash Lord
And the winners of the blatantly ignoring Almas award...

Critique for specific characters can be done through social groups, as I mentioned. Please stop discussing rival forums.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...Social groups? Ew. D:
Yeah, kinda. Hence my doubt of their use.

Anyways, I'm not trying to provoke or anything, but I can't think of a better way to say it: Why exactly is a subforum out of the question, exactly? Is it as I hypothesized - MLG? Because I don't think there's any doubt that there would be enough activity to warrant one.

Just curious for actual explanation, other than "No." :dizzy:

Eldiran

Smash Lord

I want one person to take responsibility of owning a PSA character discussion thread. If you want to keep the one already in existance, that's fine. All PSA characters and talk about them will be done in there. In addition, we'll preserve one troubleshooting thread. Every other PSA thread will be closed.

Any posts containing PSA characters can be PM'ed to me, and I will create a stickied character database. The thread will be locked and contain only PSA characters. In the posts you should be sure to include download links, detailed information etc.

If you want to discuss single characters in detail, I recommend making Social Groups. Perhaps whoever is coordinating the discussion thread could include links to all of these active groups in existance at any time?

So, even if I make a character thread that garners 20 pages of replies, it's going to be locked? You seem to be showing a fair amount of disdain for something as big as PSA, if all you're allowing is two threads. I understand that you wouldn't want to make more work for yourself by creating new forums that need to be moderated, and I appreciate the work you've put in managing this one. But I also concur with Shadic-- an explanation would be nice.

I think if, for whatever reason, a subforum can't be enacted, I would be fine with your plan... except I see no reason why people can't make threads about specific characters or other things. The pointless threads will naturally drift to the bottom on their own.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Yussssss. ggs almas.

Maybe somebody do it like a Make-Your-Move-style thing where a panel of judges determines which Moveset hacks are worthy of being posted in the OP...each character has one post in the thread where you can dl the latest version and check the changelist and w/e, and the character's creator links to that post every time he updates.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yussssss. ggs almas.

Maybe somebody do it like a Make-Your-Move-style thing where a panel of judges determines which Moveset hacks are worthy of being posted in the OP...each character has one post in the thread where you can dl the latest version and check the changelist and w/e, and the character's creator links to that post every time he updates.
Lol. Good PSA hacks aren't scrub fanfic games.

I really don't see what the issue is here. Can't find something? Search it. Like Eld said before, the useless or bad ideas get sent to the bottom, and the good and useful ones stay afloat. Its basic forum mechanics and I don't see why it needs to be changed.

If there is a specific thread you're looking for, FAVORITE IT. Then you never have to SEE the workshop. That's what I do with my important threads[CT thread, Mewtwo Thread, PSA Guides].

-DD

Almas

Smash Lord
I am not in disdain of PSA. I'm not trying to avoid work for myself. It is likely that I will be giving up on moderating in the near future - soon I will be starting university, and I don't want to split my focuses too much.

Multiple people have complained to me about the overabundance of PSA threads. It's fine that the unused ones would fall, but in doing that they still clog up the Smash Workshop, which has to be used for many other things.

Yes, it is the MLG thing. Smash Workshop is one thing. A subforum focused around replacing files on the Brawl disk (which implies reverse engineering, which is bad) with a range of other things (such as characters copyrighted by other corporations, which is bad) is just not going to happen on this forum. I'll ask again, if you like, but I don't see it happening.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I am not in disdain of PSA. I'm not trying to avoid work for myself. It is likely that I will be giving up on moderating in the near future - soon I will be starting university, and I don't want to split my focuses too much.

Multiple people have complained to me about the overabundance of PSA threads. It's fine that the unused ones would fall, but in doing that they still clog up the Smash Workshop, which has to be used for many other things.

Yes, it is the MLG thing. Smash Workshop is one thing. A subforum focused around replacing files on the Brawl disk (which implies reverse engineering, which is bad) with a range of other things (such as characters copyrighted by other corporations, which is bad) is just not going to happen on this forum. I'll ask again, if you like, but I don't see it happening.
Alright, I understand. I apologize for making accusations. It makes sense to avoid drawing attention to a legally questionable activity by making a forum for it.

I would personally prefer this forum to remain as-is with allowing threads for specific characters and topics, but if you enact your plan I can certainly cope with it.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

Almas, be reasonable. I'm sorry, but there's simply far too much going on here. This is immensely popular. People all around the world are building TONS of new characters, and trying to balance them, so they're frequently releasing updates and new releases, players are asking questions, and giving feedback. Trying to squish it into ONE board is simply unreasonable, and not fair to the huge community interested in PSA.

Almas

Smash Lord
You seem to be assigning some great power to me, as if I can choose whether or not a board can be made. I can't.

The only choices available to me are to try and cut down the amount of PSA threads going around, which will annoy some PSA users who are proud of the work they have done on characters, or to do nothing, which will annoy many other forum users who like having easy access to the other threads that occupy this board. Right now I hear a lot of complaints about how many PSA threads there are. I agree that it shouldn't take up half a board. I agree that ideally another board would be nice. That doesn't mean I can give you one. I'm trying.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I appreciate the effort and accept that you're kind of stuck in a hard place. Perhaps an additional, hybrid subforum for all custom content would be more acceptable? I can't figure out if that's better or worse, honestly.

Top Bottom