• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
There's no real reason we couldn't have both brain and brawn, many Apes are quite intelligent, ehile being exponentially more physicly powerful than a man. We coudl have both, but did not evolve that way because the tools that made us successful didn't require the mammoth strength of an ape.

For the model to work, Link would need a lot of sunlight and to eat a massive load of food, but when you remember Link's not human, and lookat examples of strong tissues in nature, it's easy to see how the moddle could work.

Reptile muscles, for instance, are four times as powerful as mammilian muscles, and have a slightly different material composition. Link's muscles could simply be much denser and more powerful.

Edit: pardon my horrific spelling, it's like.. 4 am

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, he's goku now? (DBZ taught us that overeating made you stronger)

For him to be so strong, you;re right. He would need alot of energy, but it would be a rediculous amount due to the need to fuel both strength and brains.

Why would nature select something that requires so much energy? Either one or the other will become a specialty for the creature to both survive, and to be energy efficient.

anyways, for all intensive purposes, he IS HUMAN. What is noticable different about him other than pointy ears?

The strength is also a bit....inconsitant shall we say? If link is SO strong in his games, how come it takes multiple swings of his sword to down a normal baddie?

They should be sliced in half in 1 blow.

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
So, he's goku now? (DBZ taught us that overeating made you stronger)
Negative. The human body gets it's energy from food. This is why we eat. For massive expendiatures of energy to be possible, we have to eat /a lot/.

anyways, for all intensive purposes, he IS HUMAN. What is noticable different about him other than pointy ears?

The strength is also a bit....inconsitant shall we say? If link is SO strong in his games, how come it takes multiple swings of his sword to down a normal baddie?

They should be sliced in half in 1 blow.
Gameplay mechanics.

Even if we just call Link a normal person, he still wins this fight, because in the games, we see him over-power Ganondorf, he's got a shield, and a bow. It's not a fair fight at all.

JOE!

Smash Hero
in real life, ganondorf would be stronger.

Based on your logic, Marth should've beat link because he is so fst and agile Link would never touch him. His sword also damages enemies with super big/tough armor, so link's sheild wouldnt matter

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
in real life, ganondorf would be stronger.
How so? We know that he's not.

Based on your logic, Marth should've beat link because he is so fst and agile Link would never touch him. His sword also damages enemies with super big/tough armor, so link's sheild wouldnt matter
Untrue, if we want to go by canon ability, Marth would be unable to defend himself from a blow from Link, realisticly. His sword would snap in half or go flying. Link's also clearly got good reaction time.

Edit: and with that, I'm done for tonight. It's been a good discussion and I'll continue it another time.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ganon is stronger because he is bigger than link...and link is a human. (or human equivalent)

what you're doing goes both ways:

Ganon can shoot lightning from his nose beacuse he isnt human, but a gerudo, and there are things in nature that can shoot electricty...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ganon would be stronger than Link because he'll use his giant sword (Or SWORDS, depending on which Ganon it is...) to overwhelm Link's defense and break through anything he'll have.

Plus, he's a giant black man. You ever seen Kimbo Slice? He's scary.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Gameplay mechanics.

Even if we just call Link a normal person, he still wins this fight, because in the games, we see him over-power Ganondorf, he's got a shield, and a bow. It's not a fair fight at all.
gameplay mechanics aren't aloud!
omg. this is stupid.
plz don't let this turn into Pit vs. Roy
STFU ET
Ganondorf has armor advantage, is stronger, a better sword and is highly skilled!
and you people don't seem to understand that his armor isn't really weighing him down, and can fight perfectly fine.
all I see are link fanboys right now

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So after reading this entire debate, I have to concede that Ganondorf wins. Let me explain my analysis:

-So, the match begins with Link keeping his distance from Ganon and firing arrows. From all of the TP shots that I have seen, Ganon doesnt have much exposed to take advantage of except his face and head. So it's safe to say that he can deflect the arrows with the armor on his arms and wrists or his sword. Now the next arguement is how many arrows does Link have? I didn't see JOE! answer this question, but only one can assume 30 since that's what the default quiver contains in the game. So all Ganon has to do is stand still, shielding himself from a barrage of arrows. And looking at the arrows Link has, they wouldn't do too much; The only time an arrow had the power to hurt/impale Ganon is when magic was involved. No magic = no major effect. So Link either eventually runs out of arrows or Ganon moves in attacking range of Link.

-Then we have CQC. Ganon's sword is longer than Link's. However, unlike princess Marth, Ganon has more muscle than Link and can use the length to his advantage. Next, Link has his shield. The shield can absorb an amount of the impact of Ganon, but some of the impact will still transfer to Link and affect him. In other words, the shield protects him from the original blow, but not from the momentum that goes along from Ganon's swing. This will have an effect on Link's equlibrium. Ganon, on the contrary, still has armor to protect him and he outranges Link, making it that much more difficult to strike a killing blow to Ganon. And comparing the chainmail to the armor, Link is in trouble.

-Now granted, Link may be more agile in this fight, but because of how well Ganon's armor protects him, it's really inconsequential. Ganon isn't as slow as he is exaggerated to be; he can run and dodge if necessary. So Link may hustle, roll, evade, and shield, but he'll get exausted a lot sooner than Ganon will. And anything exausted is as good as dead; think gazelle running from a lion.

- Link has to hold a shield and sword continually throughout this matchup; Ganon holds his sword. This allows Ganon to use melee attacks in combination with his sword to deliver even more pain. In fact, he could actually knock the sword out of Link's hand, kick his shield knocking him down, and haymaker Link to a pulp. Chainmail can't prevent a blow to the face.

- My last arguement for this discussion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5bgobWU8Lg&NR=1

I know i restated a lot of points already made but this is my synopsis of the matchup. The armor of Ganon is what makes this matchup so one-sided in my opinion.

REL38

Smash Lord
What Nova said.

And just to add to his point, Link is only gonna use those arrows at a distance. All Ganon must do is walk away from Link while he's shooting. That gives Link an even smaller target so all Ganon needs to do is dodge the arrows until Link runs out of arrows.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think Ganon would win for reasons already stated.

Unless Link uses his inate magical abilities to rip open a portal to the future and retrieve a sniper ri...

Oh wait. No Magic.
He's screwed.
lol
I still say the next debate should be Marth vs. Ike

JOE!

Smash Hero
Remember, Ganon's legs are exposed, and Links Magic arrows were only needed when GANON WAS MAGIC

UncleSam

Smash Master

EDIT: MRG
wikipedia said:
By the 14th century, plate armour was commonly used to supplement mail. Eventually mail was supplemented by plate for the most part.
ganondorf has a layer of chainmail under it...
link can't kill ganondorf, except for a headshot.
info JOE!
ganon's legs are protected my a layer of chainmail as well, this would help, plus sword, and movement of the legs can help him avoid it.
Ganondorf isn't stupid

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Plus as long as Ganon keeps his distance the arrows wont stand a chance; wit enough distance he has the time do deflect or dodge them.

JOE!

Smash Hero
truth, truth....

So, what do you guys predict the ratio to be here?

(also, as of TODAY im 18 :p)

UncleSam

Smash Master
truth, truth....

So, what do you guys predict the ratio to be here?

(also, as of TODAY im 18 :p)

IMO somewhere between 700-300 and 800-200 Gdorf
the one's where Link wins are when he manages to land a headshot.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
well, I'd say 750-250 Ganon. In the scarce event that Ganon does get an arrow in the leg, Link could close in and continue to shoot him while he's down.

and congrats on the bday; now you're old enough not to be able to drink still lol.

Hey JOE! can my analysis be used for the MU summary? That is, if it's good enough for the bday man...

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok guys, imma call it Ganon for now....post a new MU and be done for the day

It is my B-Day first off :p

I have to work on my MYM set: Rival Trainer (he uses the 3 johto starters to counter :pt:'s pokemon. Chikorita, Quilava and Feraligatr to be exact)

And im part of the new Custom Sprite Shop down in the Poke Center:

rawr

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
So... it's a fight between a nine foot man who can both run faster than his opponent and dodge arrows at close range as shown by TP, vs a 5'4 man who's a worse swordsman?

How is Link ever going to win?

UncleSam

Smash Master
So... it's a fight between a nine foot man who can both run faster than his opponent and dodge arrows at close range as shown by TP, vs a 5'4 man who's a worse swordsman?

How is Link ever going to win?

idk ask MRG since he seems so confident that Link can win.

EDIT:
crap new MU.
anyway Pichu wins.
he doesn't have quite as much efficiency as Pikachu, but Jiggs still epic fails. and pichu has more efficient attacks

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I guess Jiggs could be seen as a terrestrial blowfish, and Pichu as a crossbreed of a mouse (not rat) and an electric eel...

I vote for the electric eel. :D

UncleSam

Smash Master
JOE! if we end this now it'll be my one pot win to tie for Marthage's.
do it. and I want a Marth vs. Ike MU already

EDIT: kewkky she's a blowfish without any external protection.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Pichu used Nibble.

Jigglypuff went flat!

Jiggly died!

Pichu wins!

day-day

Smash Ace
Happy b-day JOE! and I saw your comment about me earlier too lol Ed was lurking for a bit and just had to state his only quarter on the MU. I'm bringing you a box of gravy mix for ya birthday as well :chuckle:
Oh, Pichu win's because it's got fangs lol

smashbot226

Smash Master
This is sad.

This should've been Peach Vs. Jigglypuff. Neither can fight.

EDIT: Oh, and happy b-day JOE!

Also, next matchup should be anything but Ike Vs. Marth- save that one for the finale.

LOL nvm that WOULD be the finale.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Current status of Round 2:
Bowser+
DK+
Diddy+
Yoshi+
Wario+
Sheik+
Ganondorf+
Toon Link/Young Link+
Samus+
ZSS+
Roy+
Fox+
Falco+
Captain Falcon+
Pikachu+
Ivysaur+
Charizard+
Pichu+

Mario-
Luigi-
Peach-
Link-
Zelda-
Pit-
Ice Climbers-
Kirby-
Meta Knight-
King Dedede-
Olimar-
Wolf-
Squirtle-
Lucario-
Jigglypuff-
Lucas-
Snake-
Sonic-

Marth NA
Ike NA

Mewtwo!
Ness!

------------

The chart in Post 1 regarding Round W/L numbers dictate we:

Set Chars with +2 Wins against each other.

Set Chars with -2 against each other.

Set Chars with -1 & +1 against each other. These match-ups are insanely difficult to match up, best I can come up with:

Set Chars with =0 against each other.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For current round:

Marth Vs. Ike (It's inevitable...)

If we still have bosses...

Giga Bowser Vs. Master/Crazy Hand

Meta Ridley Vs. Porky

Ridley Vs. Tabuu

Galleom Vs. Petey Pirhana

Rayquaza Vs. Duon

-------------

Possible Assist Trophies?

Gray Fox Vs. Saki Amiyaki

Lyn Vs. Samurai Gotoh