• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Something that we can't change now.

Just make up excuse stories for reasons why BlazBrawl characters aren't exactly like Blazblue characters.
Like Ragna lost his Azure Grimoire or something.
mm, I'm guessing size mods affect weapons and articles too
make her umbrella bigger, DelxD! oh you can't you suck

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
^Still looks like a dress >_>

If he was "nowhere close to being a girl", no one would've made a Pit-Sakura or the other Pit-female textures would they? Nor would anyone have them brought up here.

Alas, this is where it becomes opinion. And you don't wanna argue opinion right?
1. *joking at this point* Okay now THAT'S a freakin' lie. XD People would still make it otherwise, even just for boredom. Like making Jesus on Zelda, which looks...I dunno. ¦D

2. Majority of things we perceive in life are opinions, but that doesn't stop us from arguing about them. If someone's opinion seems stupid to you, you just might be tempted to let them know it. On the other hand, what do you gain out of it? ...Self-satisfaction ¦3

But I don't need that, so to wrap up this drawn out post, no, I don't want to. :3

Zephron

Smash Ace
Ryko, we should edit the front page asking for people to help develop ____ character and the suggested character that mostly everyone agrees would be best to use.

Here is my suggested list:

V-13: Zelda

Noel Vermillion: Sheik

Carl Clover: Ice Climbers
(Well... model hacking is eventually going to come out, right?)

Bang Shishigami: Captain Falcon
(Besides the helmet, the moves and body structure are spot on.

Taokaka: Lucario

Hakumen: Link
(Size mods, or model hacks)

Arakune : Olimar
(Model Hacking will also aid this a lot)

That's it for the characters not already in development, right?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
That's about right. I guess lexx finished a texture but doesnt plan on releasing it for a while, so I'm kind of at a loss for a ragna texture.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Ryko, we should edit the front page asking for people to help develop ____ character and the suggested character that mostly everyone agrees would be best to use.

Here is my suggested list:

V-13: Zelda

Noel Vermillion: Sheik

Carl Clover: Ice Climbers
(Well... model hacking is eventually going to come out, right?)

Bang Shishigami: Captain Falcon
(Besides the helmet, the moves and body structure are spot on.

Taokaka: Lucario

Hakumen: Link
(Size mods, or model hacks)

Arakune : Olimar
(Model Hacking will also aid this a lot)

That's it for the characters not already in development, right?
Excellent. At one point, I was going to jokingly suggest that we use model hacks to make the ICs into Litchi, independent staff and all...

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Excellent. At one point, I was going to jokingly suggest that we use model hacks to make the ICs into Litchi, independent staff and all...
Speaking of Staffs...

That's the toughest part I'm having with coding this project. I'm actually curious what ideas people have or would like to see for the Staff for Litchi.

I've kind of hit a road bump at the moment as my proposed idea won't exactly work out as intended unless I decide to edit and modify EVERY animation on Zero Suit Samus. Like... all 300 of them.

So if someone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it. You'll save me not only a ton of time but probably my sanity. Hahaha.

Edit: I think I figured out how to go about doing it. Anyone know off hand if PSA allows me to like... generate an item with a memory attached to it? Basically the simple version of what I'm trying to ask is "Can I make something similar to Snake's Down B using PSA? If so, someone care to show me what methods I use to do this?"

Zephron

Smash Ace
Speaking of Staffs...

I've kind of hit a road bump at the moment as my proposed idea won't exactly work out as intended unless I decide to edit and modify EVERY animation on Zero Suit Samus. Like... all 300 of them.

So if someone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it. You'll save me not only a ton of time but probably my sanity. Hahaha.

Screw that. I have to hex Smashville. Which means editing 128 files, then making each of them into TCS, then into TPL... and then shoot myself.

I already lost my sanity so I'd love to be not alone. *creeper music plays*

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman

Screw that. I have to hex Smashville. Which means editing 128 files, then making each of them into TCS, then into TPL... and then shoot myself.

I already lost my sanity so I'd love to be not alone. *creeper music plays*
My guess is that this can be done with like a simple boolean statement. I'm assuming it has to do with the "Runtime Longterm" variable type. If anyone can verify this, I'd appreciate it. 1:20 AM means my brain starts to hurt when thinking about these things. But if this is the case, we're in business cause I can basically toggle the character between staffless and staff using 2 states. Oh man that would be so sweet.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
This project is officially the most awesome, entertaining and ridiculous idea I have ever encountered.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay. Since Lexx said he won't be doing any textures in awhile, and I couldn't stand certain things about his Ragna he didn't get to finish yet, I decided to edit it myself as a temp til he gets back and finishes it XD id you want something done, do it yourself after all :3 If you like, great! If not, sorry I couldn't do a better edit. :<

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Phew...Okay, PAC/PCS are both here XD;

Of course, the original texture was made by Lexx(Teh0wn) of Elite Smash Hackers. I just edited it to look more like what I think is..."Ragna". ¦3

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=073fd3fb6c735a48e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871

Edit: And nah, not that much was changed. Just spiked the hair, changed a few colors to make it all blend better together, and I cut the butt cape short. :3

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Since Lexx said he won't be doing any textures in awhile, and I couldn't stand certain things about his Ragna he didn't get to finish yet, I decided to edit it myself as a temp til he gets back and finishes it XD id you want something done, do it yourself after all :3 If you like, great! If not, sorry I couldn't do a better edit. :<

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Phew...Okay, PAC/PCS are both here XD;

Of course, the original texture was made by Lexx(Teh0wn) of Elite Smash Hackers. I just edited it to look more like what I think is..."Ragna". ¦3

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=073fd3fb6c735a48e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871

Edit: And nah, not that much was changed. Just spiked the hair, changed a few colors to make it all blend better together, and I cut the butt cape short. :3
It has the same problem though when I tried to make the Ragna texture for Ryko. The hair becomes choppy and blocky when you change the color.

If you don't mind, do you think I can edit the texture's hair to make it look more like the original Ike's?

Zephron

Smash Ace
It has the same problem though when I tried to make the Ragna texture for Ryko. The hair becomes choppy and blocky when you change the color.

If you don't mind, do you think I can edit the texture's hair to make it look more like the original Ike's?
Directions for fixing Ike's hair.

1.) Open Ike's original hair file in GIMP (unedited)
(For some reason, the transparency doesn't show in most Photoshops.

2.) Using Hue/Saturation, put saturation to 0, and up the lightness until the color looks right.

3.) Save.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

No, I made it that way on purpose. The original texture's hair IS like the original Ike's, and that's the problem, as it doesn't fit Ragna at all. XD So no, leave it alone ¦D

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
eye color's off btw but otherwise I'm liking it.
Brawl textures don't allow for different colors in each eye. It has 1 eye...maps both of them to the head. There are other articles that also do this... such as some characters torso. Only half is textured...then it's mirrored over to the other half of the character. Talk about lazy.

Zephron

Smash Ace
In case you guys have been reading the popular topics on this forum (Besides this one ^_-) You will know that model hacking is extremely close to being finished.

First off...

WOOOOO!!!!

Secondly...

I will try my best to make most of the models, starting with Noel and Rachel, because they are my mains and should be an easy start, compared to Litchi, Arakune, or Taokaka.

Just thought you guys should know. In case others were planning to make models, please, I call those two :p

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
So I learned something today... and someone can add this to the Big PSA List if they'd like:

Event 18000100: 0-2 is responsible for lifting Zero Suit Samus's Right Leg and locking it there. (I need to test to see what this does to other characters.) So if you want to have the leg lift like her win pose or her grab attack, you must add this statement somewhere in the Sub-Action's "Other" Event List.

The result . . .

Sexy sexy Idle pose~

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
ok so ive been trying to edit marths final smash but ive encountered something weird, marth final smash will not accept any graphic effect behind him and he dashes forward regardless of the animation or even if the events are completely empty

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Why does Jin's tipper Fair deal 18 percent now? Way too broken. Please make Fair to 6 damage untippered and 10 when tippered.

Also, my brother, who actually plays Jin in BlazBlue as a few suggestions as well. Side Taunt should not hit opponents immediately in front of Marth, but instead hit midrange opponents. Make it so that it can't be used up close but hits opponents trying to jump at you from far away, and freeze. Jin actually has this move.

Jin also has another move, that could be recreated if you remixed the Utilt into DB 3forward. This is not really an important fix though.

Also, Dtilt is overwhelmingly bad. Since you took the sword away, this is a worthless move. Either return the sword and leave it as a 2 damage combo starter, or increase the damage of dtilt to 8 percent please. It would also be okay if you put back the Dtilt to DB4 remix.

Slightly decrease the horizontal knockback of Ice Car, and increase the vertical KB, so that this move has better follow ups. As of now, I prefer not to use it at all since Jin already has natural ground speed.

Bthrow is Amazing.

Decrease the ending lag on Frostbite. I'm informed it's supposed to be poke. With it's range and shieldbreaking properties, I'm quite sure that it's start-up is fine. The ending lag is a bit disappointing though. Make it deal 6 damaged uncharged to compensate for this.

Bair is great. Weak damage, awesome K.O. power.

Decrease the vertical KB of first hit fsmash, so it connects to second hit more reliably please. Better yet, just change the angle at which it hits the opponent so that it brings them down and towards Jin. You can compensate for this by making the second hit deal 14 damage, and increasing the start-up time by +3 frames from whatever it is right now.

Slightly nerf Uair and Dair to do 1 less damage when tippered and untipped to compensate for buffs.

One of this things I really liked about Jin before was the old counter. Can you please change it back?

That's all my gripes with Jin. He'll probably be perfect after that. Right now, he's broken with the Fair.
-Fixed Fair now
-Jin also has the attack which side taunt is supposed to be, if i add that one i think thatll break him cause itll give him incredible range, but ill possibly think about it but add it to be executed differently possibly remove another one of his taunts
-Forward smash always connects, whats the problem?

Just to make sure are you using him in brawl+? if not maybe someone can help me make a version for regular brawl

Lol thats weird xD. whats the problem? Anyway, what other characters are you going to make?
lol dont know, im going to try to make hakulink next

Zephron

Smash Ace
I've asked the guys over at the model extraction topic about 6 times to give me help and none of them even responded once with something as simple as a :"No." or "Yes."

Could someone here download that model extraction thing, and try extracting Sheik? The app quits immediately on opening it for some reason, and I freaking want that model now!

roninlast

Smash Cadet
@Marth175

Okay, send me the data for Marth and tell me what to do, I'll try and work it

Cia

das kwl
I like Jin's (Marth's) moveset alot. especially the Forward B. It has some really creative uses. did the Rachel (Peach) codeset get released yet?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I like Jin's (Marth's) moveset alot. especially the Forward B. It has some really creative uses. did the Rachel (Peach) codeset get released yet?
Just the beta, delx has been pretty busy with school and itll be set up for b+ (which I think you play often anyway so that works) but it should come out pretty soon.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Just the beta, delx has been pretty busy with school and itll be set up for b+ (which I think you play often anyway so that works) but it should come out pretty soon.
As long as I don't have a job anytime soon, I'll be helping to rebalance Rachel for vBrawl so after the B+ version is out, I can release a vBrawl Rachel within hours of the B+ release if Ryko just tells me what move adjustments are necessary.

In all honesty, the thing that's slowing me down with Project Litchi is balancing moves (among 1 or 2 other choice problems). The Up Air took about an hour or two to get tweaked to the point where friends would stop complaining "That crap is broken."

Right now things that are impeding my progress:
-Move Balance
-Generating a "Staff" (Probably has been fixed. Haven't tested it yet cause of the next one. If anyone cares to PM me their suggestions on how they think it should be done, I'm willing to listen. If they're better than my proposed coding strategy, I'll use them.)
-Removing Paralyzer from ZSS... Seriously. Anyone know how to get this thing to go away? It's so annoying.
-Coding for B Move Specials being so fragile that a sneeze could crash the game.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
as far as i can tell you need close to the same # of actions in Specials/Subactions to keep the game stable

might release rachel very very soon.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the "troll" has a point. The primary appeal of these chars will probably be not in playing against each other, but rather in playing against other smash chars. So you may not have to restrict yourselves quite so much with your character selection, able to use the same char twice if it becomes necessary. Unless you really want to get all the chars in the game at the same time, then... can't do much about that.
logic oh no! But yeah maybe I came off a bit harsh. I honestly enjoy using the current blazblue characters. What I'm saying is the projects been done before and with better graphics, models, movesets and SFX. Keep making characters but there's no way blazbrawl will have any lasting appeal when the real game is available

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm fairly sure a majority of us actually play the real game, this is is just a fun project both to see what can be done with PSA and in general just offer people more fun characters to play with.

This is ignoring the fact that if those graphics, models, and movesets didn't exist, we very well wouldnt have a project in the first place.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly sure a majority of us actually play the real game, this is is just a fun project both to see what can be done with PSA and in general just offer people more fun characters to play with.
This.

Some of my moves are actually coded combos because I want to people to look at it and go

"Oh hey! That's 5A, 5B, 5C... I wonder if I can try 3C here and combo it just like in the real game."

In fact that's part of the fun in programming this thing. I'm trying to find practical ways to allow for Litchi's Drive to be used in Brawl. Granted I'm never going to get 5B 5C 3C D (Hold) (Dash) (Release) 6C 6C 623D 6C to occur in Brawl... It's still fun to see what can be done.

Top Bottom