• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like an okay idea. But still let other people make suggestions, and give constructive criticism, and stuff.

Random thought. Y'know how we don't have a real fire dungeon in the game yet (the "fire dungeon" map is just an extra for now, and to be honest, it would be hard to put somewhere). What if the Glass Desert had magma flowing through its inner caves? What if Glass Chasm was a combination Fire/Light dungeon? The "fire dungeon" map already done wouldn't really fit, so we would need a different one...
I was thinking of using the Oasidjali Island dungeon as a fire one. Imagine a remote island in the middle of the ocean inhabitanted by Rito. In the middle of this island is a mountain, which later you discover is an active volcano. The main item of the island could be a cape, much like the Roc's Feather or the Deku Leaf, made from the feathers of a certain monster. I was also thinking of having Ritos that have scales instead of feathers. The weapon you find in the volcano could be a staff of some kind, like the Fire Rod, that can attack enemies and light certain objects.

Just a thought. :p

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Dunno, the whole "active volcano with a dungeon in it" has been done to near death (Dodongo's Cavern, Fire Temple, Dragon Roost Cavern). It couldn't be just fire. But I like the idea of bringing the Fire Rod back. I suggested it myself a few pages back.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I'm constructing a Moblin grunt for you guys in zbrush. The moblin Grunt is a tiny little moblin. Moblin grunts may be technically moblins, but the grunts are smarter and less aggressive than the bigger moblins. Some talk fluent Hylian. But they still dont like people, so dont expect a big 'Hello" when you come into contact with one.

It is my better creations, since I am now getting better with my 3D programs. All that really needs done is to texture it. I am expecting to make an entire family of Moblins from big to small in 3D... but then again, I have planned stuff before, and have failed.

About the Dead Hand I promised long ago... I need to remake it. I was going about it's creation all wrong, and thus made HUGE mistakes that were un-fixable. i'll get to that soon.... after my moblins! You'll really like him, I think.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Question, since I forget if this was ever discussed. Are there guns? The reason being that I'm working on planning a dungeon, and am trying to figure out what items Link will have to come in with. Will he have a bow? A crossbow? A rifle? If there are computers, which people have mentioned wanting in some sense, then guns are a no brainer to a society on that level, but it's up to you all.

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ Scott! - Seeing as how Link's Crossbow Training introduced the crossbow, it's only logical that guns would later be developed. Perhaps there are both guns, mechanized bows, and crossbows?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Maybe different types of guns should be included? (Machine guns, rifles, etc.) I don't want to go overboard with guns, but it would be awesome to have the option of 2 or 3 varieties of guns.

I can see it now -- a gun with a Triforce crest. Simply epic.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm not so keen on the gun idea. It just seems like it would be kind of.... gimmicky in the end. :ohwell:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not so keen on the gun idea. It just seems like it would be kind of.... gimmicky in the end. :ohwell:
I'm with you on this, but it would only seem logical.

Perhaps guns could be seen as antique, disfunctional weapons since they ran on energy that is no longer provided, so a return to classic weaponry has commenced in place of the firearms.

Mewter

Smash Master
I'm with you on this, but it would only seem logical.

Perhaps guns could be seen as antique, disfunctional weapons since they ran on energy that is no longer provided, so a return to classic weaponry has commenced in place of the firearms.
They could have found a secondary source of energy for the guns (a more efficient one, anyways). Maybe some of the enemies could have guns.

Zaneeba, that sounds great (Your mini-moblin)!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Guns should be weak, as they are a very generic item. However, you will have the option of purchasing a second or third form of the gun, but it is completely optional. At this point, Hyrule has invented more unique weaponry for more specific uses.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guns should be weak, as they are a very generic item. However, you will have the option of purchasing a second or third form of the gun, but it is completely optional. At this point, Hyrule has invented more unique weaponry for more specific uses.
That being said, let's design some truly unique weapons and equipment unlike anything before seen (if you're stuck, look at the originality of the Spinner, but apply more uses).

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I've been busy as of late! Here I have four new little guys for you! Elix the wight, a Moblin grunt, Zimba the Grave Digger, and Phill the sailor.

Elix The Wight

I was bored recently, since my internet was out. So I messed around with my picture until I made it look like it was on a really old piece of paper. Here ya go!

It explains everything here on the picture... so I dont need to go into great details.

Phill the Sailor

I drew this one in black and white because he reminds me of Steam Boat Willy.

Phill darn near doesnt like anything. Heck, even his job as a fisherman and sailor proves nothing more than a job to him. He sails around the three major land masses fishing for darn near everything. If you ask him very politely and give him enough rupees, he will take you out on his fishing boat so that you can fish. He is kind of like the fishing mini game like in the last couple Zelda games.

Zimba the Grave Digger

I have been noticing that all the characters I make tend to be mean and angry people. So... here's Zimba the grave digger. He's an alright guy!

Do not let his appearance fool you. Zimba is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. He is also the loneliest. He spends his life ironically among the dead; the gravestones are his friends, and the Poes are his acquaintances. On account of his hideous shape and his low-class profession, people never take the time to even visit him. His siblings are dead and the family he always wanted is non-existent. He spends most of his time writing to himself and digging holes for more new friends. His only living company is a dog named Dampe. Dampe has a few friends in the Poe society, but he is scared of them, so he keeps his distances.
Somewhere during this adventure, a Dead Hand happens to break free from the underground crypt and kills Zimba. If you have befriended Zimba, he might give you his shovel right before he dies. That way, you can dig up stuff!

Moblin Grunt

Another giant 3D model known as the Moblin grunt.

That thing under his snout is a bandana. it covers up his mouth. That thing on his shoulder is a bird skull. He was going to have arm braces and a metal shoulder pad... but it is really hard to do in ZBrush so I gave up. I'll texture it just as soon as I figure out how to frickin unwrap this blasted thing!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Those are pretty amazing! I especially like the giant moblin.

Although, it seems like nearly every time a new character is introduced, if it's not an enemy, it's a humorous character that barely contributes to anything in the storyline or barely shows any significance. I have nothing against the characters previously introduced, but for future reference, we need to focus on some serious characters that contribute to important aspects of the game, especially since we lost the Errant.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Those are pretty amazing! I especially like the giant moblin.

Although, it seems like nearly every time a new character is introduced, if it's not an enemy, it's a humorous character that barely contributes to anything in the storyline or barely shows any significance. I have nothing against the characters previously introduced, but for future reference, we need to focus on some serious characters that contribute to important aspects of the game, especially since we lost the Errant.
Characters arent supposed to be very helpful to the storyline. Do you remember the blue shirted man and the red shirted man? They are classic when it comes to Zelda, yet they have no significance. If everyone I made contributed to the story line, then it would be very very confusing. Plus, I am mostly here to fill in the gaps of ideas you and everyone else make. I am to fill Project Zelda's Hyrule with colorful folk and creatures, not to build on the story line that everyone seems to already have a good grasp on.

Also, Gor Akua has significance. He is the creator of the Death Mountain temple, remember?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Mother****ing internet! I typed up a lengthy post about your work Zaneeba, and when I click "Post Quick Reply", my wi-fi cuts out, and it's all lost. ****.

Ehem.. I'll simply say that Phil's look totally embodies the feel of this era. Great job :)

And I will be updating the OP soon enough. I'd like the assigned jobs finished asap so we can start rolling the ball again.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Characters arent supposed to be very helpful to the storyline. Do you remember the blue shirted man and the red shirted man? They are classic when it comes to Zelda, yet they have no significance. If everyone I made contributed to the story line, then it would be very very confusing. Plus, I am mostly here to fill in the gaps of ideas you and everyone else make. I am to fill Project Zelda's Hyrule with colorful folk and creatures, not to build on the story line that everyone seems to already have a good grasp on.

Also, Gor Akua has significance. He is the creator of the Death Mountain temple, remember?
I know, but I'm trying to say it seems like there are not very many significant characters other than the Triforce trio and the members of the Beacon. I'm talking about characters that are going to be incarnations of Sages and the like.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Posting a new character.

Kaso: Kaso is the twin brother of Gren although you wouldn't know that because he's (at the beginning) a bad guy. Kaso used to work with Gren in his gadget shopbut when Gren learned Kaso was selling some of the gadgets to Ganondorf's forces for extra money, he was fired and Kaso went to Ganondorf army. Here, Ganon taught him in the ways of the Gerudo thieves so Kaso could steal equipment the army needed while Ganon rised to power.

So after the Destroyed Reactor dungeon, Kaso returns to Gren's shop and steals all of his equipment. So with the help of the ZDPD, you'll follow Kaso (in a high-speed chase sort-of minigame) and capture him. After you do, Kaso reveals he's been mind controlled by Ganon to ensure that he doesn't return to being a good guy. To help his brother, Gren would go to Oasidjali Island to retrieve ingredients that can be made into a potion that can temporarily erase Ganon's mind control. After defeating Ganon, Kaso has returned to normal and is back for working in Gren's shop.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I like that idea XACE. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I will get to that dungeon design soon, but due to the Zelda contest and other fan-game business, I may not be able to get it done as quickly as I would like to.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Wait, wait, hold it...how can he join Ganondorf's "army" that early on if Ganon is working behind the scenes, disguised as a Beacon member, for about the first fourth of the game?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just remembered this thread and I think I'll have to make this formal incase you're waiting for some drawings from me.

I'm somewhat officially leaving SWF as of a few days ago. I'll drop by once a week or so, but I really don't have the time to work on things anymore. As we speak I'm delaying 3 projects.

Well, it was good "meeting" you all. Goodluck with the thread.

: )

XACE-K

Smash Master
Wait, wait, hold it...how can he join Ganondorf's "army" that early on if Ganon is working behind the scenes, disguised as a Beacon member, for about the first fourth of the game?
Well you learn of Kaso's story after you catch him which comes after the Destroyed Reactor dungeon. So by that point, we will have known about Ganondorf and the threat he imposes to Hyrule.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey guys, I just remembered this thread and I think I'll have to make this formal incase you're waiting for some drawings from me.

I'm somewhat officially leaving SWF as of a few days ago. I'll drop by once a week or so, but I really don't have the time to work on things anymore. As we speak I'm delaying 3 projects.

It was a true pleasure working with you too. Cheers! To the future!

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Well you learn of Kaso's story after you catch him which comes after the Destroyed Reactor dungeon. So by that point, we will have known about Ganondorf and the threat he imposes to Hyrule.
I still dunno, I mean, it just seems a little too cliche...besides, how would Kaso know about Ganondorf's army early enough before then to turn traitor when Ganondorf doesn't reveal himself until the Clockwork Tower?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I still dunno, I mean, it just seems a little too cliche...besides, how would Kaso know about Ganondorf's army early enough before then to turn traitor when Ganondorf doesn't reveal himself until the Clockwork Tower?
First off, Ganondorf reveals himslef to YOU until Clockwork Tower. Before that, he's still there but he's behind the scenes.

Second, Kaso learned about Ganondorf's army through one of his minions. Word spread of Gren's gadgets and Ganondorf decided that they could use them for their dirty deeds. One of his minions met Kaso, told him of Ganondorf's plan, and siad that if he accpets, he'll get 5 times that amount of rupees he earns from working in the shop. Kaso accepted and you leanr about this after catching Kaso.

Well that's how I thought of doing it. I'm open for suggestions.

Mewter

Smash Master

See you later, SH!
It was fun working with you. :)
I'll try and be more active in the next week. I promise.

Darkurai

Smash Master
This is officially a request from me to Spire III.

If I don't actually get some **** work done on the Holodrum stuff this weekend, give me a five point infraction.

I'm really sorry guys. School only just started; I had plenty of time before first day.

Edit: ahfds;kj

I just got my work schedule for the next week (which includes tomorrow), and now I want to cry. So much for getting things done.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Huge Announcement

This may disappoint you guys, but I must do this...

I apologize, but I'm quitting SWF Project Zelda for the most part. I want my original music and dungeon design for my own projects and not something that will never even begin development. I've been considering developing my own Zelda game, so in order to save myself unnecessary work, I won't be submitting any more music or dungeon design, and I'm going to use previously submitted work in my own project. I'm deeply sorry, but the project doesn't even appear to be leaving the thread (or the Wiki), so I'm not spending any time making things that aren't going into significant use. However, I will occasionally come back to the thread to posts suggestions, but no more.

I wish you guys luck, though. I'll be excited to see the finished product! :)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
This may disappoint you guys, but I must do this...

I apologize, but I'm quitting SWF Project Zelda for the most part. I want my original music and dungeon design for my own projects and not something that will never even begin development. I've been considering developing my own Zelda game, so in order to save myself unnecessary work, I won't be submitting any more music or dungeon design, and I'm going to use previously submitted work in my own project. I'm deeply sorry, but the project doesn't even appear to be leaving the thread (or the Wiki), so I'm not spending any time making things that aren't going into significant use. However, I will occasionally come back to the thread to posts suggestions, but no more.

I wish you guys luck, though. I'll be excited to see the finished product! :)
Oh wow, that sucks. Well, good luck with your project. I might want to help later if I can.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Oh wow, that sucks. Well, good luck with your project. I might want to help later if I can.
Thanks, I'm glad you understand. If I wasn't going to start the new project, I'd still be submitting work, but I was actually inspired by my YOUR LoZ idea and wanted to finish the Zelda engine I began working on a few months ago.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'm glad you understand. If I wasn't going to start the new project, I'd still be submitting work, but I was actually inspired by my YOUR LoZ idea and wanted to finish the Zelda engine I began working on a few months ago.
D'aww, I'm flattered.

Anyway, I say go for it. This thread is dying anyway.

I'm working on a collaboration post to pump some life back into this thread.

Spire

III
BRoomer
D'aww, I'm flattered.

Anyway, I say go for it. This thread is dying anyway.

I'm working on a collaboration post to pump some life back into this thread.
If you can, focus your creative devotion to YLoZ over this thread. The project was fun for a while, but I think we all began to realize the magnitude of such an ambition. I honestly have no drive to push the project further. I'm done making artwork for it.

However, I'm still open to starting a new project with a different direction and of smaller scale. If Phantom7 is really working on an engine for his own Zelda game, then maybe we could help him out and adopt it as the new forum project.

Want to fill us in, Phantom?

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
Spire, hows about this^.^

Add: Canyon of Ordeans
Canyon Cave
Canyon Temple

Inside the temple:
Queen Gohma (mini-boss I)
Darknut (harmless friend)
King Gohma (Boss I)
Tyrannolfos (Boss II)