• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
(!) movement or stop
0E080400 :

It can stop a character from sliding
(whats this called again Luigi does it a lot)
essentially its a movement code though
I really don't need to figure it out yet but try it out

camelot

Smash Ace
dino, I think that one's been posted before. It sets or adds speed. 1st parameter = horizontal speed, 2nd = vertical speed, 3rd = I don't know, and 4th = determines whether it overrides current speed, or stacks with current speed (1 = override, 0 = stack)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, I've recently compiled a good number of extra events into PSA's Data text files. I planned on posting it here, but I just realized my college's proxy prevents me from uploading files. Would anyone like me to email them the zip file containing the Data files?

Alternately, I could post here in raw text the contents of the Data files.

camelot

Smash Ace
2 new things...

0C090100: Determines whether or not you can grab a ledge. 1 paramater, parameter is "value". Value of 0 = can't grab ledge, 1 = can grab ledge.

1A030400: Changes the camera boundaries of your character. 4 parameters, all 4 parameters are "scalar". 1st parameter = front boundary, 2nd = back, 3rd = top, 4th = bottom. (This event doesn't "set" camera boundaries, but adds to them, rather... and the camera reverts back to normal when the animation ends)

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
the pastebin thing isn't working for me. it's spacing the lines with #s and messing everything. Could you PM me the raw text? I finally decided to get working on something again

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Small event update about the Super Armor command, 1E000200.

Damage-reliant Super Armor:
1E000200: 0-3, 1-Damage number

Super Armor:
1E000200: 0-1, 1-0 Super armor start
1E000200: 0-0, 1-0 Super armor end

shanus

Smash Hero
Most up's-B's set La-Bit[61] at the start and it somehow gets cleared i fyou get hit or land.

So for instance, I gave snake's f-air IASA with a jump or upB, and use If Not Bit is Set La-Bit[61], it lets you use the upB

(check out the latest copy of B+ snake fair if you want to see it in syntax)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Most up's-B's set La-Bit[61] at the start and it somehow gets cleared i fyou get hit or land.

So for instance, I gave snake's f-air IASA with a jump or upB, and use If Not Bit is Set La-Bit[61], it lets you use the upB

(check out the latest copy of B+ snake fair if you want to see it in syntax)
Are you certain this isn't exclusive to Snake and/or Sonic? I can't find any other Up+B besides those that sets LA-Bit[61]. Pit's and G&W's don't, and those are the only others that behave similarly.

Either way I'm getting crashes trying it out. The 2nd time I Up+B after touching the ground freezes it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Are you certain this isn't exclusive to Snake and/or Sonic? I can't find any other Up+B besides those that sets LA-Bit[61]. Pit's and G&W's don't, and those are the only others that behave similarly.

Either way I'm getting crashes trying it out. The 2nd time I Up+B after touching the ground freezes it.
Hmm, maybe I'm just lucky then :-O

I >think< lucario had it, not sure though. It was early this morning lmao

.Fade

Smash Journeyman

Didn't Brawl+ Lucario have his Up-B where after he used it he could still use any move [except for jumps] on his way down? That might be a clue.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I believe I found a "dice roll" event in PSA. Meaning, an event that rolls a dice with a specified number of sides, and if it rolls a 1, it performs an action (that's the best I can describe it).

It's an If block. Use the second If block on the list of events. Set the Requirement parameter to 2B. Then, change the Variable parameter to a Value parameter, and put in a number (this is how many sides the dice has). Example: setting a dice with 4 sides means it has a 1-in-4 chance of happening. If you set a dice with 1.5 sides, that makes it have a 2-in-3 chance of happening.

I'm sure someone can find a good use for this...

(By the way, I found this by looking at the sound effects for Jigglypuff's smash attacks. They all have a 1-in-2 chance of making a certain sound effect.)
this should be added

Viquey

Smash Journeyman

Check ZSS's down-b. It works the same way. And I've been looking for a way to replicate that function for a while for any move, not just up- or down-b.

After some searching, I think somewhere I read that it was RA-bit[60] or [61], but, yeah, LA-bit was the only one that seemed to do anything when I tested it... Since I don't have access to my PC right now, I don't remember what I changed, but it was one of those I think... but it removed the function, so I could down-b in the air infinitely. :laugh:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey Leaf, can you add how to make an attack spawn an item? Im making a Dr. Mario by myself, by I have no idea how to make his NB spawn a capsule...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
i think thats already labeled in PSA. it should be near the bottom when you click "change"
Actually, I figured it out XD Thanks though! and yeah I know theres a Doc project but I'm making one myself, this way I can not only experiment more with PSA but be proud of my creation when its finished... or see that its horrid and shun it xD Naw but so far everything is going smoothly. Also another reason im making my own is that it seems the other project isnt having his B Down be the Mario Tornado. Eww.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hmm... another problem.
Good News:
Just need to fix Fsmash and dr mario is done!
Bad News: I have no idea whats wrong.
When I hit the enemy when hes close up with a FSmash its electric. when hes a bit far away, its a fire hit!
I have no idea why!
Also, I wanted to make his Final Smash Electric and that wont work either X_X any tips?

Untouch

Smash Master
found how events are compiled
Lets take 0B010100

0B - Event Type (I think)
0B - seems to be body
1F - seems to be item
1A - Camera
21 - Flash Effects
12 - Variables
11 - Graphics
10 - Article
0A - Sound

01 - Sublist
01 - The number of Sub Actions
00 - Not sure.

That's basically it.

Thoughts?
This means they aren't actually just random numbers.

shanus

Smash Hero
Lets take 0B010100

0B - seems to be body
1F - seems to be item
1A - Camera
21 - Flash Effects
12 - Variables
11 - Graphics
10 - Article
0A - Sound

01 - Sublist
00 - Not sure.

That's basically it.

Thoughts?
This makes sense as well functions start as 0C and we know 0C is wall collision and and also the ledgegrab function

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Has anyone figured out how a Z-air grabs the edge of the stage? Because after reading Shanus' post, it made me wonder if I could increase it's grab range. Would that be possible?

shanus

Smash Hero
we dont know grab range, but we have found what lets it grab the stage (youtube dantarions loledgegrab vid)

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of tethers, Sheik has an interesting Side-B command.

Beginning of Side-B:

Basic Variable Set: RA-Basic[0] = 2
Basic Variable Set: RA-Basic[2] = 2
If: In Air
------Change Action: action=80, requirement 39
------Additional Requirement Bit is Set: RA-Bit [16]
------If Compare: RA-Basic[2] >=2
--------------08020100: 5-20000002
--------------020B0100: 0-A
------End If:
End If:

Thing is, I don't see an action 80, or know what requirement 39 is. Any ideas?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Lets take 0B010100

0B - seems to be body
1F - seems to be item
1A - Camera
21 - Flash Effects
12 - Variables
11 - Graphics
10 - Article
0A - Sound

01 - Sublist
00 - Not sure.

That's basically it.

Thoughts?
I don't get it. Why are there two 0Bs? And what about commands that start with 08, or 02? Because there are a lot of those 0_o

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Commands are mostly like this.

XXYYPPEE

XX = Command Category. Most commands that share the first two numbers involve the same stuff.
YY = Command ID
VV = Number of Parameters
EE = External or not. From what I can tell, anything with a 01 here is a subroutine in another file. For example, Mario's up+b calls specialJumpAttack, which is defined in Fighter.pac

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Since it's in action 80, changing a tether ledge grab wouldn't work in PSA I'm assuming?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
More universal sound effects!

Parentheses indicate where in the Sound Test these are found.

1FD4 (Narration 40) = Announcer : "Wow, incredible!"
1FD3 (Narration 39) = Announcer : "Congratulations!"
1FE2 = (Item 148) time stop sound 1
1FD0 = (Item 130) Trophy Get!
1FCF = (Item 129) sandy whoosh!
1FC0 = explosion-y noise
1FBE = explosion-y noise
1FAB = high pitched bunny ear noise
1FA9 = low pitched bunny ear noise
1F93 = super scope charging noise
1F83 = heavy bat hit
1F82 = homerun!!
1F81 = (Item 54)short beam sabre noise
1F80 = (Item 53)longer beam sabre noise
1F7F = (Item 52) longest beam sabre noise
1F67 = (Item 29) metal clang!!
1F5C = (Item 19) Smoke ball "ksssss."
1F5B = (Item 18) UFO-ey noise
1F56 = click.
1F48 = low, muffled "mmbp."
1F43 = brief but loud siren
27 (Menu 18) = ding!
0 (Menu 1) = bip.

Additionally, an event I've found very useful but haven't fully explored:

Disallow Sideways Movement
0E060100: 0-2

This makes it so that pressing left/right does nothing to your momentum -- you still retain forward or backward momentum, though.

I haven't tried any other values for the parameter. Let me know if you guys do.

EDIT: Special thanks to the creator of Commander Snake for using PAL and having all the above sound effects instead of the intended ones.

EDIT2: Added a few sound effects more.

Top Bottom