• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Is Serious Business 2, Featuring Blazblue! - October 16 & 17 - Montreal, Quebec

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Matt, I'll play Brawl with you and show you how to win with Mario, why Mario loses matches, and hopefully show you everything you would want to know from me, but I'm not sure if I'll be entering any Brawl events. I simply have not been having fun playing Brawl for the past couple months. When I was growing frustrated with the game, I figured all I needed was a break to clear my mind. Upon trying to re-enter, I just can't figure out why I would want to play; I'm using an offensive character in an absurdly defense-oriented game.

My patience has worn thin.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok after talking to decoy, apparently his car is full, but he told me to wait and see what happens. Additionally is anyone available to house on friday night (and possibly saturday)? I will also look into a direct route from Toronto to Montreal. I am still not confirming my attendance btw.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ok after talking to decoy, apparently his car is full, but he told me to wait and see what happens. Additionally is anyone available to house on friday night (and possibly saturday)? I will also look into a direct route from Toronto to Montreal. I am still not confirming my attendance btw.
Talk to kingace, hes supposed to come in bus. Also talk to me on msn.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
^ This is true. Been trying to tell you that Pictochat isn't in the Stage List anywhere for days :p

Matt07

Smash Master
Alright, ThatGuy :). I have a ton of stuff yet to learn so new tips will always be helpful. Too bad your quitting Brawl, you're like one of my favourite Mario's for sure :(.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Matt, do we know for sure that's how the Ottawa people are getting down there, or are we taking some other way? Just curious and well, wondering who's been talked to about that.
Ottawa is going to WAVEDASH over there and take all their money in Impossible Ganon MM's.

We fight for our friends.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You're misunderstanding Impossible Ganon.

Impossible Ganon is a Level 9 Handicap 9 CPU. There are 3 Handicap 1 humans against him.

Randy and Derek are compiling their analysis of the metagame currently in Guide form.

Frr

Smash Rookie
I'll come for Brawl singles and BlazBlue.

Won't bring my PS3, but I can bring BlazBlue if someone that doesn't own the game brings a PS3.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually Linkshot, I know what Impossible Ganon is since I've done it a few times. I was fully aware of how "wtf?" weird my response was.

franc0is

Smash Rookie
Nice!!!

I never attended a tournament, but that is so close to my house that I just can't miss this opportunity.
could anyone tell me if this would be too much of a "high-end" tournament for a newb like me?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, wasn't trying to be formal, I just like to try and be polite. And I might actually try some BB too if I go, even though have only played against CPU as of yet. Also, franc0is, for the most part from what I know, even if you've never played against people more than once or twice, going to a tournament and just playing and meeting people, even if in friendlies can help out a lot in learning things. I have to admit way back when OBScene happened, I was worried everyone would like laugh at me for sucking or something and just poke fun at me for it, but usually people were pretty good about offering advice so I think you'd enjoy it. The Smash scene seems to be a lot better than a certain other game's is supposed to be when it comes to that stuff. :laugh:

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I never attended a tournament, but that is so close to my house that I just can't miss this opportunity.
could anyone tell me if this would be too much of a "high-end" tournament for a newb like me?
Yeah dude. I mean, unless you're Ally everyone gets ***** at their first tournament. Just come check it out, meet some people, have fun, and improve.

franc0is

Smash Rookie
ok

thanks, ill be sure to come.:)
and I read the first page and I'm not sure about something, can someone register in both singles and doubles?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure people can (and are welcome to) register in both singles and doubles as every tournament I've heard about has worked that way, but well...this COULD be different I s'pose.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thad and I scraped by a 2v1 MM victory over Kage recently...

Anyone want to challenge Thad and I to 1v2 MM's? =D
Yeah, I like how the best out of 5 suddenly turned into a best out of 3, leaving Kage with a disgusting taste in his mouth.
Probably **** ****.
Ton nom était déjà pris? HEIN FRANÇOIS?!?!
On va t'appeler FuriousFranky762 devant les filles, juste pour t'humilier. Demande à Lolofora.
Fixed.

Moses cleaned up at his first bi-weekly, coming 3rd.
DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN! HOLY ****

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
[...] Ton nom était déjà pris? HEIN FRANÇOIS?!?!
On va t'appeler FuriousFranky762 devant les filles, juste pour t'humilier. Demande à Lolofora. [...]

LOOOOLLLLLLL

Were you as baked as last time (coming out of a Dairy Queen, with a cake and huge smile, on Sherbrooke) , when you posted that?

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'll come for Brawl singles and BlazBlue.

Won't bring my PS3, but I can bring BlazBlue if someone that doesn't own the game brings a PS3.
Someone that doesn't own the game probably don't have all the chars unlocked, if there are to unlock (can't say, don't own it :O) But if that itsn't the case, I guess I could bring it.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
well they won't have... astral heats unlocked, but those are entirely unnecessary.
Noel can combo into her Astral :(.

Anyways, we can just set the game to arcade mode to prevent different unlocked Astrals.

On va t'appeler FuriousFranky762 devant les filles, juste pour t'humilier. Demande à Lolofora
LOL.

franc0is

Smash Rookie
???

On va t'appeler FuriousFranky762 devant les filles, juste pour t'humilier. Demande à Lolofora.
wow, t'est le nouveau sherlock holmes toi hein...
Je me suis jamais trouver de IGN, peutetre que je vais prendre sa, furious franky, sa sonne bien... :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Je suis surpris du monde qui ecrivent le francais, sa va etre quoi la langue parlée ?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Most people understand french.

Most people understand english.

And then there's Daisy-fan/Fhatuik.

Top Bottom