• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictochat

daisho

Smash Lord
You can use skill and knowledge and observation to avoid those things.

You can't use such things to avoid Pictochat hazards. It's all luck.
I do see your point in that random events that are out of your control can influence the tide of the match (the same is true from items which is why we ban them) but I don't think that this case is different. The worst that can happen is that one person takes 20 or so damage and it would rarely result in a death. But 95% of the time the stage is normal. The blastzones and stage height and slants make it a unique stage that could add alot to the counterpick system which in my opinion in NJ really needs it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I do see your point in that random events that are out of your control can influence the tide of the match (the same is true from items which is why we ban them) but I don't think that this case is different. The worst that can happen is that one person takes 20 or so damage and it would rarely result in a death. But 95% of the time the stage is normal. The blastzones and stage height and slants make it a unique stage that could add alot to the counterpick system which in my opinion in NJ really needs it.
If those stage hazards didn't hit me, I would have probably defeated Lee Martin.

In close matches like that, the little bits of damage decide who wins.

Unacceptable.

There is a 0% chance of me ever allowing this stage at my events. It is not debatable to me.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
I'd just like to point out that Pictochat has a SAFE ZONE: there are no drawings that can hurt you anywhere in the lower left-hand portion of the stage.
u wont be there all day, plus youll get launched from an attack only to get combo'd into a missle or spike.. (courtesy: HERRO @ Got Milk Low tiers.) they appear rather fast..

Im neutral on this whole matter.. so im just adding stuff to whatever side XD// though i'd like japes.. but that wont happen..

bobson

Smash Lord
I can't force my opinions onto my people all the time. I need to be standard to have my tournaments be successful.
Pfft, so you just pick on the stages everyone johns about anyway?
Pussy.

You can use skill and knowledge and observation to avoid those things.

You can't use such things to avoid Pictochat hazards. It's all luck.
Spacing yourself so you stay in the safezone when it's about to transform and reacting properly when the hazards are drawn takes just as much skill and knowledge and observation as avoiding an infinite on Delfino.

On the flipside, you cannot use skill, knowledge or observation to make the walkoff/wall transformations not appear.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Spacing yourself so you stay in the safezone when it's about to transform and reacting properly when the hazards are drawn takes just as much skill and knowledge and observation as avoiding an infinite on Delfino.
No, because there is no warning at all and they just happen.

On the flipside, you cannot use skill, knowledge or observation to make the walkoff/wall transformations not appear.
You use your skill to avoid being grabbed during those brief periods of time. It is easy.

bobson

Smash Lord
No, because there is no warning at all and they just happen.
They spawn exactly thirteen seconds apart and last exactly thirteen seconds. There's also a second or so when they're drawing where they don't affect anything, and if I can avoid them on reaction by dodging when I notice the drawing, anyone who's actually good at the game should be able to.

You use your skill to avoid being grabbed during those brief periods of time. It is easy.
As easy as avoiding the hazards on Pictochat, I would wager.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
They spawn exactly thirteen seconds apart and last exactly thirteen seconds. There's also a second or so when they're drawing where they don't affect anything, and if I can avoid them on reaction by dodging when I notice the drawing, anyone who's actually good at the game should be able to.
Do not insult my skill. I'm the best player that has posted in this thread by a considerable amount.

No amount of skill can be used to avoid a spike or missle appearing during hitstun to kill you/do lots of damage, deciding the outcome of the match.

As easy as avoiding the hazards on Pictochat, I would wager.
No, because those can just appear during hitstun or while you're on top of where they will appear. What part of that don't you understand?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Do not insult my skill. I'm the best player that has posted in this thread by a considerable amount.

No amount of skill can be used to avoid a spike or missle appearing during hitstun to kill you/do lots of damage, deciding the outcome of the match.

No, because those can just appear during hitstun or while you're on top of where they will appear. What part of that don't you understand?

bobson

Smash Lord
No amount of skill can be used to avoid getting chaingrabbed off the screen, either. This argument, however, like yours, avoids the point: not getting grabbed in the first place. If you know that there might be hazards spawning soon, why are you off getting hit?

The walkoffs on Delfino could easily appear while you're already in a grab or chaingrab, too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
There are bad things to pictochat being legal. Imagine being wall infinited on the arrows part of that stage by d3. To finish he can uthrow for a kill into the arrows. Sad, but this stage is so in d3's favor that it is amazing.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No amount of skill can be used to avoid getting chaingrabbed off the screen, either. This argument, however, like yours, avoids the point: not getting grabbed in the first place. If you know that there might be hazards spawning soon, why are you off getting hit?
oh

my

GOD

Just don't get grabbed during those transformations. Castle Seige freakin changes colours and gets all freaky before transformations and you can see Delfino's before they happen very easily. Just avoid grabs, using SKILL.

The argument of "don't get hit" is stupid. If you get hit, you should suffer the penalty of being hit, nothing more. You shouldn't lose because the stage decides to put missles and spikes in your way and your opponent gets luckier. That is not skill. It is bullcrap and luck.

The walkoffs on Delfino could easily appear while you're already in a grab or chaingrab, too.
I'm sorry, but that is dumb. You can clearly see what the next transformation of Delfino is going to be waaaaaay before it happens, and no CG is going to last long enough on the flying part to make this possible unless you are dumb. Just stay on the platforms and you are fine.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
How about the other TOs? Inui isn't going to budge because he died while having absolutely no knowledge of the stage recently so he thinks its unfair, but I pray that the other TOs in this region will at least give it a chance.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How about the other TOs? Inui isn't going to budge because he died while having absolutely no knowledge of the stage recently so he thinks its unfair, but I pray that the other TOs in this region will at least give it a chance.
The stuff just randomly appears during hitstun, giving you no chance to do anything. Skill and knowledge can't counter that.

I banned Pictochat over a year ago. The first tournament match I play on the stage since then...THE STAGE STILL SCREWS ME OVER.

It's terrible.

Other TOs won't allow the stage. I tend to control the rules in this entire region. I doubt hosts will go away from the status quo when it works out so well and I strongly support it.

bobson

Smash Lord
Just don't get grabbed during those transformations. Castle Seige freakin changes colours and gets all freaky before transformations and you can see Delfino's before they happen very easily. Just avoid grabs, using SKILL.
I'm not sure why you keep reiterating this because it's never been a part of my argument and I've never even implicated that avoiding a walkoff was anything other than that.

The argument of "don't get hit" is stupid. If you get hit, you should suffer the penalty of being hit, nothing more. You shouldn't lose because the stage decides to put missles and spikes in your way and your opponent gets luckier. That is not skill. It is bullcrap and luck.
The penalty of being hit on Pictochat when a transformation is about to spawn is a chance of being hit into a hazard if it spawns.
Boohoo.

I'm sorry, but that is dumb. You can clearly see what the next transformation of Delfino is going to be waaaaaay before it happens, and no CG is going to last long enough on the flying part to make this possible unless you are dumb. Just stay on the platforms and you are fine.
I'm convinced that a maximized chaingrab could be initiated before you're able to tell which transformation is next and continue into a walkoff... but yeah, it was a dumb argument.

I'm going to put this in a big image so it gets your attention:

See that blue area there with the words "safety zone" on it? That's the safety zone I keep talking about. Now, taking this on your own terms, you can use knowledge to know that you have exactly thirteen seconds between transformations and that no hazards spawn in the safety zone, use observation to gauge when the next transformation is coming, and then use skill to avoid getting hit during the short period of time when a hazard could spawn on you in hitstun. It's not even requisite that you remain in the safety zone for this, as the hazards can be avoided on reaction.

Incidentally, there are 27 transformations, of which only 6 are hazardous. Since they cycle through entirely before repeating and only 18 can fit in an 8-minute match, that leaves you with a total possible time of a little over a minute that you can even be hit by them and a minimum possible time of absolutely none.

In fact, let's go a little further: pulling a number out of my ***, the average length of a Brawl match wherein neither opponent is Plank (as per my own experiences) is about 6 minutes. 13 transformations fit in that time. With 6 total hazardous transformations, the average match would have a 46% chance of seeing one of them, and a 23% chance of seeing one that could kill. The period of time where you can be hit and still be in hitstun when a hazard may hit you is about 1-2 seconds preceding the transformation, and this period can show up a maximum of 6 times.

You are arguing that a stage should be banned because there is a maximum of 12 seconds (and that's the larger estimate; this is Brawl, hitstun doesn't last 2 seconds) in a match separated into 6 2-second intervals where getting hit at the wrong place might knock you into hazards that can otherwise be avoided on reaction which only even show up a little under half the time.

There are bad things to pictochat being legal. Imagine being wall infinited on the arrows part of that stage by d3. To finish he can uthrow for a kill into the arrows. Sad, but this stage is so in d3's favor that it is amazing.
I would thank Christ if a Dedede took me to Pictochat instead of somewhere like Delfino or Rainbow Cruise.

This post was typed up after playing a series of about 20 matches on Pictochat wherein I had one notable interaction with hazards.

Allied

Smash Master
oh

my

GOD

hEY!

i still think pictochat should be legal i mean its worth a good competitve shot just because you had a bad experience with it doesn't mean its ban-worthy i mean japes was up there for the longest time until it was deemed ********

I don't see any problem giving these guys a chance with their ideas perhaps a comprimise trying putting up a vote seeing if people don't mind this

It does (by the sounds of it and i'm definitly interested) put up more options against the high tiers and we all know you being for the lower tier characters can do this + i think bobson just explained why pictochat isn't all bad just no expierence + knowledge of the level got the best of you

even against lee martin he lives in texas he prolly plays on there with his texasf@g friends all the time you use it first time in a year of course it would seem "stupid and ********" i mean first time i played on brinstar i found it ******** but hey now its my best CP stage against some characters because its just SO ******** it works.

The stuff just randomly appears during hitstun, giving you no chance to do anything. Skill and knowledge can't counter that.

I banned Pictochat over a year ago. The first tournament match I play on the stage since then...THE STAGE STILL SCREWS ME OVER.

It's terrible.

Other TOs won't allow the stage. I tend to control the rules in this entire region. I doubt hosts will go away from the status quo when it works out so well and I strongly support it.
HEY!

give bobson + malcolm a chance and lets forge a treaty or some sort maybe try it at one event its not like everyone is going to use it

bobson is trying to explain how they can be avoided

go go inui XD

daisho

Smash Lord
Inui, are you really that selfish that if EVERYONE in the community thinks this stage should be legal that you wouldn't allow it?

So far you are the only person who is arguing against pictochat.

Can you please try it in one or so tournaments and if it is deemed stupid after repeated competitive battle then we can ban it again, no lasting harm.

If not then its not like if a stage is banned we can't play on it. If both players agree to a stage then they can play on it. We can make it unofficially legal and even if it gives someone a disadvantage they can agree to play on it because they think that its a fair stage.

In other words make pictochat legal but give the player the option to deny it if he wants to be annoying.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Oh brawl argument threads, you keep me entertained.

IMO you guys have to go all or nothing. If you're going to ban a stage for randomness, go whole hog. Get rid of everything. God knows I've always hated poke stadium transformations in melee. ]

But from what I see, instead you're arguing about how much randomness is okay. Also, unless things have really changed since I last changed brawl, I thought no tripping hacks were allowed in tourney?

Pictochat has how many possible transformations?

Also it seems to me that the biggest difference is that when the stage is transforming for non picto stages, you are told what's coming up. Stadium will flash a symbol, you can visually see where the stage is going in delfino, etc. In pictochat you aren't warned other than knowing a change will happen, and it happens very quickly. Like Inui said, you could get hit into a missile and there's nothing you can do about it. Or you could get hit and normally would die but a wall appears and saves you on your last stock and you make a comeback because a wall appeared in less than a second.

Furthermore, the safety zone argument makes very little sense. You're saying every 13 seconds you have to get into a small part of the stage or you have a chance of getting randomly screwed over.

Basically if you were warned even by a few seconds what transformation was coming(not when, what) you would be able to incorporate it into your gameplay. As it is, it becomes "crap 13 seconds are up got to move to this small portion of the stage". Not even 13 seconds, because of the time you have to spend getting there. Not to mention while they aren't haazzards, there are other transformations that take place in that safe zone that can split players up, force them together, etc, and you don't know which one is coming. You don't know if that diagonal line accross the screen is coming and you want to camp so you want to be on one side of it, or you want to be on the same side because you DONT want your opponent to camp.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pictochat was voted CP 25-9 in the SBR. You've got a good chunk of the community calling for it to be legal. If you don't like it, just use a stage-ban on it.

Sorry, but saw a thread called Pictochat as the last posted in thread in the regional zones and being a Picto-user I couldn't resist to take a peek...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Inui whats wrong, is your leadership crumbling? :laugh:

either way, bobsons post was amazing. im considering using this stage now. the fact that there is a safety zone where everyone will be safe when something spawns says a lot. thats hardly any different than the middle of the air on frigate being the safe zone for when it switches. also the %s for hazards appearing and deathly hazards appearing multiple times are quite interesting.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

Best Player ever! Do not question his logic. He knows everything
But seriously, it should be banned.

Pictochat was voted CP 25-9 in the SBR. You've got a good chunk of the community calling for it to be legal. If you don't like it, just use a stage-ban on it.

Sorry, but saw a thread called Pictochat as the last posted in thread in the regional zones and being a Picto-user I couldn't resist to take a peek...
From what I remember, Jungle Japes was also listed as a CP. That stage is ridiculously broken for Falco. Seibrik's MetaKnight got 2 stocked by HRNUT's relatively new Falco because of that stage.

It doesn't matter if there is a 1% chance of getting hit by a hazard. It'll still happen. It'll still be gay for happening. 1% is the same thing as tripping into a move that kills you, and now you're thinking 20+% is fair?

And saying you have to be aware for the next stage kill every 13 seconds is stupid. We should make Cpt Falcon's stage a legal counterpick too.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
From what I remember, Jungle Japes was also listed as a CP. That stage is ridiculously broken for Falco.
Which is why you should probably stage strike it when you're going to fight a Falco player. Why does everyone forget this rule? If you do not want to fight on a stage, you can strike it.

It doesn't matter if there is a 1% chance of getting hit by a hazard. It'll still happen.
1% = 100%? There is still the chance that it can happen, true, but the fact is, that doesn't make it banworthy.

It'll still be gay for happening. 1% is the same thing as tripping into a move that kills you, and now you're thinking 20+% is fair?
Yes. You weren't in the safe spot during a transformation, you didn't strike the stage, you didn't dodge or sheild it, and there's an equal chance that it could have happened to your opponent instead of you.

And saying you have to be aware for the next stage kill every 13 seconds is stupid. We should make Cpt Falcon's stage a legal counterpick too.
Actually, it's only every 26 seconds (Say stage is the whale. 13 seconds of whale, then 13 seconds of blank) Captain Falcon's Hazards occur vastly more often, cover most of the screen on a number of stops and can kill under 50%. There's a bit of a difference.

And yeah, you should be aware. Just as you should be aware of when the Clap traps come in Japes or the cloud in Yoshi's Island in Melee.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Delfino: Don't get grabbed for the few seconds its going to the predictable new stage. Neither first section of the 2 different paths the stage takes have walk offs
Castle Siege: The only time you fall through is if you roll right when the stage is changing. Don't roll when it's changing.
Halberd: Air dodge, ledge invulnerability, or shield the claw and di out of the beam if it hits you. The claw moves around quite a bit before it strikes.
Yoshi's Island: They shouldn't be able to hit you unless they tech. It's skill if they can tech that.
Orpheon: Sirens go off telling you when it's flipping
PS1+2:The background tells you what new stage it's going to and has nothing that can kill you.
Brinstar Lava has never been an unpredictable problem, not even in melee. It rises too slow to be an unpredictability problem
it's the same with Norfair except Norfair is a bit worse.

Trying to space in that small area is ridiculous. You can't jump and you can't move back too far. If you do, you can die? I love this logic, lets make all stages that can kill you legal.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Trying to space in that small area is ridiculous. You can't jump and you can't move back too far. If you do, you can die? I love this logic, lets make all stages that can kill you legal.
No, it just means that once every 26 seconds to be careful if you're in that area.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Ok I dont wanna really argue about Japes altho I think that stage should be legal as well. This is about pictochat.

Maybe Atomsk is tired of fighting MKs on frigate and having MKs tornado him constantly without worry so he chooses a stage that could possibly prevent them from doing so with a high ceiling so he lives forever. Maybe Zucco wants a stage that isnt yoshi's or FD where he can live long with a small blastzone horizontally for lucarios kill moves. Maybe I want to be able to just dance around the stage with airdodges until a drawing appears and then play off of it as I camp u like its FD. Maybe diem wants to abuse all the drillrush nonsense that can be done on this stage to strike fear into people so they ban this instead of rainbow cruise. Maybe ADHD wants something besides a neutral to fight metaknight on....or due to visibility below the stage maybe he wants to fight snakes here since they cant c4 as low and he can get the spikes that hes always attempting. Maybe Allied wants this short horizontal blast zone for kirbys Fsmash and likes the transformations due to interrupting spacing and his multiple jumps vs marth? Maybe sonics like the ISDR that everyone with a brain bans on yoshis. Maybe DKs want the invincilble up-b from the ledge which is insta banned because its only applicable on yoshis right now. Maybe I wanna pick this stage vs G&W due to the low visibility so I can predict his up-b more and force him to land on stage. Maybe there are TONS of good reasons to put this stage into play and we should at least try it out.

edit: Seibrik should have banned it.

edit: Lava has never been a problem even in melee??? People pick brinstar BECAUSE of the randomness and what they can do if the stage lets them by hitting their opponent with lava.

U think Mew2King agrees with you about brinstar Tommy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAF21Gri00&feature=related

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Saying that you need to space inside that safe area for extended periods of time is ridiculous. First of all, you don't need to be in that safe area when it changes. There is no hazard that hits the entire area outside of that zone. The most you 'need' to be in that area is the second it takes for the hazards to be drawn. Once you see what hazards are there, you dont need to wait in the safe zone. Plus, no hazard is going to show up twice in one fight, so if a hazard has already appeared, you don't need to worry about that hazard any more. Thus, as more hazards appear, the safety zone gets bigger. For example, once the missile hazard appears, that whole area to the right where one of the missiles appears is safe because the missile is the only hazard to affect that area. Since the missiles wont be coming back, its safe. This can be said for a lot of hazards.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, are you really that selfish that if EVERYONE in the community thinks this stage should be legal that you wouldn't allow it?

No. I know I am right, so I will not budge. The better players in my crew and my co-hosts agree with me. The stage is stupid.

So far you are the only person who is arguing against pictochat.

It is a shame that I alone have such intelligence, then. It is, however, nice that I alone have the power to dictate rules in my state right now.

Can you please try it in one or so tournaments and if it is deemed stupid after repeated competitive battle then we can ban it again, no lasting harm.

This has been before. The stage was deemed unfit for competitive play after being legal for many months after the game's release. It got banned because it sucks. I recently played on it, and it still sucks. Nothing changed. Luck can decide who wins more often on this stage than any other.

If not then its not like if a stage is banned we can't play on it. If both players agree to a stage then they can play on it. We can make it unofficially legal and even if it gives someone a disadvantage they can agree to play on it because they think that its a fair stage.

In other words make pictochat legal but give the player the option to deny it if he wants to be annoying.

This option already exists. You can agree to play on it if you want. However, it will remain officially banned in my rulesets, and I will fight extremely hard to get it banned when it comes up again in the SBR. If they thought I was passionate and stubborn about the MK ban, they have seen nothing yet.

Inui whats wrong, is your leadership crumbling? :laugh:

Absolutely not. Most of these players arguing for the stage are not NJ Smashers or part of the large group of players I lead, nor are they people of high status. Regardless of what people argue for, I will crush stupidity and make sure a proper rule set is used.

either way, bobsons post was amazing. im considering using this stage now. the fact that there is a safety zone where everyone will be safe when something spawns says a lot. thats hardly any different than the middle of the air on frigate being the safe zone for when it switches. also the %s for hazards appearing and deathly hazards appearing multiple times are quite interesting.

It is ridiculous that you can agree with that rubbish. You must camp in a safe zone at all times and worry about a hazard killing or damaging you every 13 seconds? Ridiculous. That is not skill. You shouldn't be fighting against the stage the whole match.

Best Player ever! Do not question his logic. He knows everything.

Someone had the audacity to insult my skill, and I pointed out that I am the best player posting in this thread, which is still true. Nothing more.

It doesn't matter if there is a 1% chance of getting hit by a hazard. It'll still happen. It'll still be gay for happening. 1% is the same thing as tripping into a move that kills you, and now you're thinking 20+% is fair?

I completely agree with this and view it at strong enough logic to crush everything Bobson posted.

Which is why you should probably stage strike it when you're going to fight a Falco player. Why does everyone forget this rule? If you do not want to fight on a stage, you can strike it.

Why must you force players to waste their ban on Jungle Japes so that Falco can take them to FD, where he also has a huge advantage against everyone? Jungle Japes shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

1% = 100%? There is still the chance that it can happen, true, but the fact is, that doesn't make it banworthy.

A 1% chance of the stage deciding who wins over the players...is enough to argue for a ban. A 0.0000000001% chance of the stage deciding who wins over the players...is enough to argue for a ban. It should be player vs player with no stage-based luck involved. The game forces us to have enough luck already. There is no reason to add more on our own.

Actually, it's only every 26 seconds (Say stage is the whale. 13 seconds of whale, then 13 seconds of blank) Captain Falcon's Hazards occur vastly more often, cover most of the screen on a number of stops and can kill under 50%. There's a bit of a difference.

A stage being less stupid than Port Town: Aero Dive is not an argument to make it worthy for competitive play. Pictochat has unpredictable transformations. Forcing players to keep track of things every 13 seconds and camp in a safe zone is ridiculous. Allowing a stage that can decide who wins is ridiculous. If you are in hitstun when a hazard appears, it's 100% luck for your opponent and the stage just picked who won based on luck and not skill. Absolutely unacceptable.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

Someone had the audacity to insult my skill, and I pointed out that I am the best player posting in this thread, which is still true. Nothing more.
mm my snake :grin:

*watches you writhe in fear*

A stage being less stupid than Port Town: Aero Drive is not an argument to make it worthy for competitive play.
We ***** on Port Town: Aero Drive :D

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Stage bans should be used for stopping smart counterpick, not stopping the chance they're going to get lucky by stage gimps.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i was just jokin about the leadership crumbling. when someone said u were the only one opposed to it in this thread, it was too good of an opening :laugh:

plus the overall consensus about it in the dso thread is negative, itl likely stay banned there

Allied

Smash Master
Stage bans should be used for stopping smart counterpick, not stopping the chance they're going to get lucky by stage gimps.

Not everyone needs to go on that stage it only benefits a few characters, you as a brawl player should do the research and who it benefit most in tournament, and learn how to play it if you get picked there, its not lucky i just looked up and researched pictochat and you do have time to avoid things

Ok I dont wanna really argue about Japes altho I think that stage should be legal as well. This is about pictochat.

Maybe Atomsk is tired of fighting MKs on frigate and having MKs tornado him constantly without worry so he chooses a stage that could possibly prevent them from doing so with a high ceiling so he lives forever. Maybe Zucco wants a stage that isnt yoshi's or FD where he can live long with a small blastzone horizontally for lucarios kill moves. Maybe I want to be able to just dance around the stage with airdodges until a drawing appears and then play off of it as I camp u like its FD. Maybe diem wants to abuse all the drillrush nonsense that can be done on this stage to strike fear into people so they ban this instead of rainbow cruise. Maybe ADHD wants something besides a neutral to fight metaknight on....or due to visibility below the stage maybe he wants to fight snakes here since they cant c4 as low and he can get the spikes that hes always attempting. Maybe Allied wants this short horizontal blast zone for kirbys Fsmash and likes the transformations due to interrupting spacing and his multiple jumps vs marth? Maybe sonics like the ISDR that everyone with a brain bans on yoshis. Maybe DKs want the invincilble up-b from the ledge which is insta banned because its only applicable on yoshis right now. Maybe I wanna pick this stage vs G&W due to the low visibility so I can predict his up-b more and force him to land on stage. Maybe there are TONS of good reasons to put this stage into play and we should at least try it out.

edit: Seibrik should have banned it.

edit: Lava has never been a problem even in melee??? People pick brinstar BECAUSE of the randomness and what they can do if the stage lets them by hitting their opponent with lava.

U think Mew2King agrees with you about brinstar Tommy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAF21Gri00&feature=related
I was mentioned in a epic thread

Delfino: Don't get grabbed for the few seconds its going to the predictable new stage. Neither first section of the 2 different paths the stage takes have walk offs
Castle Siege: The only time you fall through is if you roll right when the stage is changing. Don't roll when it's changing.
Halberd: Air dodge, ledge invulnerability, or shield the claw and di out of the beam if it hits you. The claw moves around quite a bit before it strikes.
Yoshi's Island: They shouldn't be able to hit you unless they tech. It's skill if they can tech that.
Orpheon: Sirens go off telling you when it's flipping
PS1+2:The background tells you what new stage it's going to and has nothing that can kill you.
Brinstar Lava has never been an unpredictable problem, not even in melee. It rises too slow to be an unpredictability problem
it's the same with Norfair except Norfair is a bit worse.

HEY

Are you meaning to tell me tommy, that if play you on brinstar right now that the lava has no randomness at all, it comes up at RANDOM level and disrupts spacing and can easily mean the different between life and death in a match

Me against m2k right

guess what against m2k in melee i'm going to need top notch spacing and zoning to even penetrate his defense i'm more focused on that.

Brinstar cp'd OH WTF hit with lava = Tipperd Fsmash or kill move of choice

IF a captain falcon gets you on brinstar everyone knows your ****ed

You can't even tell me that brinstar is "LOL U CAN SEE IT COMING UP" you can see pictochat drawings being drawn but it still is being drawn fast, you can see halberds claw come at you and guess what it comes fast quick and random

The only reason i like brinstar is because it IS RANDOM, thats it i use it as a kirby CP against some characters because it benefits me. Its THAT random

btw guess what tommy all the stages you have listed i've died too and i'm sure many other smashers even yourself even tho you prolly wont admit it have died on those stages in some stupid way shape or form due to ill knowledge of the stage.

I faced JG at virdian city with wario it went to game 3, he picked frigate even tho the lights were flashing the stage still flipped "OH WTF i'm UNDER the stage" i die
Was i mad at the stage?

No, i should of banned it was my fault JG made the correct counterpick which ASSISTED him with the win, thats right assisted, thats the reason we pick couterpicks in the first place for assistantance you should be thinking in your mind when you lose on a neutral

"HEY I CAN'T BEAT THIS NUGGUH ON THIS NEUTRAL SO LEMME TAKE HIM PICTOCHAT" and guess what he doesnt know how to play pictochat THATS HIS FAULT, Therefore you can win thats right YOU have the advantage because of ill knowledge of the stage.

btw tommy you can space anywhere in pitcochat bro, you have to be aware of your surroundings that safezone bobson mentioned guess what its the ULTIMATE safe zone you know, thats where you go if you have NO idea what to do if a pictochat harzzard spawns you dont stay there the whole game cute face.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

It's terrible.

I allow them for gaunlets with Wes so I dont know where you think other TOs do not allow it.

I think its a fine stage and they are not random they happen in a certain order. The thing is that instead of goind 1..2...3.. it starts random like this

first time you play it 4...5...6.

next time ...10....11....12

its like that there are several transformations but the only thing "random" is where it begins.

Play the stage and notice how each time the same transformations follow.

bobson

Smash Lord
A 1% chance of the stage deciding who wins over the players...is enough to argue for a ban. A 0.0000000001% chance of the stage deciding who wins over the players...is enough to argue for a ban. It should be player vs player with no stage-based luck involved. The game forces us to have enough luck already. There is no reason to add more on our own.
If you actually believed this and had the balls to argue for it we wouldn't have a problem (I would simply write you off as a nutjob, but at least you'd have a consistent stageset), but even you understand that Brawl with only Battlefield, Final Destination and Rainbow Cruise allowed is an inferior game to Brawl with a diversity of stages.

Instead, you have to explain why a small chance of getting knocked into a hazard if you happen to get hit within the 12 maximum seconds of the match when it's possible is stupid and unacceptable while randomly falling through the stage itself and dying is fine.

its like that there are several transformations but the only thing "random" is where it begins.

Play the stage and notice how each time the same transformations follow.
...really? If this is true, I will be very amused listening to Inui try to further justify banning the stage.

brb research

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ninjalink told me that a while ago. I usually follow his advice on things like that.

bobson

Smash Lord
I just tried three separate rotations in training mode on 1.5x and the transformations didn't follow any set path. The first one was completely different from the second one which was completely different from the third.

A shame, that would've been a really amusing development.

Top Bottom