• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Sun Promotions Presents "Redemption" - Des Moines, IA - November 14th

grog

Smash Rookie
In collaboration with Trucoudy and Rising Sun Promotions we would like to bring you the first big Street Fighter tourney in Des Moines. Why "Redemption" you ask? Rising Sun ran their first Street Fighter tournament on August 3rd and a lot of participants and friends of Rising Sun want a second chance at victory.

When:
November 14th starting at 1pm

Where:
615 3rd Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: 515.333.5050
Fax: 515.333.5056
Here is a map

Allplay is an arcade here with a full bar that is open until 2:00AM and a full restaurant inside. The tournament room will be a ballroom on the first floor with everything else that you need on the second floor. Pictures to come.

The venue's parking lot itself isn't too big, but there is on street parking that is free and a parking ramp across the street that is free on Saturdays also.

VENUE PICTURES!

You can now email your preregistration at ake@trucloudy.com. It is not required but it will help us all a great deal if you can do this! When preregistering give your name, any handle you might go by, where you are from, and games. THIRD STRIKE TEAMS, PLEASE DESIGNATE ONE PERSON FOR THIS SO YOU WON'T BE DUPLICATED.

Local hotels:

The closest hotel that isn't completely booked is

Holiday Inn
1050 6th Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50314
(877) 863-4780
Map

Both hotels have free shuttle service that's 24 hours so you can drink at the bar at the venue and not worry about how to get back. If you plan on walking (5 minute walk?) I recommend the Marriott as it has skywalkways over the streets in between buildings that goes straight to the parking ramp across the street to the venue.

If you do not wish to stay at a hotel then Capt Love, Joker, and Jakebudden are being extremely generous in offering houseing, but I'm sure space is limited so make sure to let them know ASAP if you will be staying with them!

THERE IS NO VENUE FEE

Games:
There will be four main event games that will be $10 to join each. These games are
-Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
-Smash Bros: Brawl (Wii)
-Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix (PS3)
-Street Fighter 3: Third Strike 2v2 teams (PS2)

Payouts for all games will be 70/20/10

You are more than welcome to run any side events that you would like to and charge any price you like, just post in this thread and I will be more than happy to update this first post with all of the information that you want. I picked only four games because I do not want to promise more than we can deliver and we feel these four will draw in the most people.

Side tourneys so far are
-Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core $5 (PS2) (Ran by Klaige)
-Mystery Tournament $1 (?) (Ran by Sonny)
-BlazBlue $5 (Ran by Klaige)
-Puzzle Fighter HDRemix (Ran by EvilZangief)
-Tatsunoko VS Capcom (Wii) (Ran by Kamig)
-Smash Bros Melee (GC) (Ran by Mutha ****ing Uli)
-Tekken 6 (PS3) (Ran by AxioM)

Rules:
All main event games will be double elimination. This tournament is bring your own controller/converter and you are responsible for having your equipment to play in the tournament. If you hold up your game for too long due to not having a controller you will be disqualified.

-SF4 - All characters allowed, winner keeps same character. 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, 3/5 games winners and losers finals, 4/7 games grand finals.

-Brawl (copied from Smashboards)
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-All sets will be best of 3 matches. The Finals (Losers/Winners/Grand) will be best of 5.

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-HDR - Akuma is banned, 4:3 aspect ratio, speed 4, Remixed mode, winner must keep same character. 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, 3/5 games grand finals.

-3s 2v2 -One person signs up for the team and pays $10 and they are responsible for getting their $5 back from their teammate (or before signing up) and put down both names with characters on the singup sheet
- Pokemon style teams (player 1 from team A vs player 1 from team B play, player 1 from team B loses so team A keeps the same player in but team B sends in their next). Teams cannot have the same two characters. Gill is banned. You are allowed to change super arts. Players must keep same character throughout the tournament and list character upon registration. 2/3 rounds, single games.

Any and all equipment that anyone can bring would be IMMENSELY appreciated. We will be needing PS3's with all SF4 characters unlocked and HDR, PS2's, TV's, copies of tournament games, and Wii's (and of course anything else that you would like to bring is welcome as well).

***Last but not least I will be doing a drawing. You are eligible by signing up for 2 or more of the main event games or by signing up for one game and bringing equipment, if you do so your name will be entered. Before top 8 of SF4 I will draw two random names and give $50 each to the winners! This way even if you're not confident in winning, you will still have a chance at walking away in the green!***

Thank you for looking in here and we're expecting this to be pretty big. I will update this post with any additional information as soon as I get it (such as deals, side tourneys, etc.) Hope to see everyone in November!

Uli

Smash Champion
im going to be running melee ( if dat be cool grog )
ill post rules in later!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Needs more hype! For official rules visit our thread: Joker's Monthly Tournaments!

Joker will be running this tourney and not SRK. SRK provided us with a Venue as a thanks for letting them have side events at Joker's a few months ago.

I can provide housing if needed. Nebraska has already reserved a spot and I could possibly house one or two more states depending on the number of people. Also PM Joker490Frozen if you need housing as he could provide housing too.

Uli

Smash Champion
Do you think Grog will let me host Melee?!?
we will bring atleast one set up for it :D

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I didnt even know a thread for this existed -_- Well, Ill be spamming here until the tournament is done . . .

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
IMPORTANT!!!!

We need setups as much as we can get!

Stuff Really Needed
TVs
Wiis, PS3s, Cubes, PS2s, SSBB with all stages and characters unlocked, SFIII: 3rd Strike, SF4 with all Characters unlocked, SSBM with all stages and characters unlocked.
Power Strips

Please Label before bringing the items to the tourney.

NO XBOX360s PLEASE!

Stuff if you want to bring

Laptop
Extra systems
Camera

grog

Smash Rookie
First post updated with more side tourneys and more ways to get into raffle. A LOT of people so far are coming to this, room isn't an issue at all so feel free to bring setups! Surge protectors/extension cables might be needed though.

Uli, OF COURSE you can run Melee, bring as many setups as you need (TVs are most important keep in mind though).

I'm keeping a spreadsheet for everyone bringing equipment also just as an ease of mind and to keep track of everything that's being brought. If you're bringing something let me know what all and I'll mark it down. Also if you do bring setups/equipment you only have to join one game to be in the raffle (since I know a lot of you don't play SF, or enough to put money on itanyway).

The parking lot itself isn't the biggest at AllPlay, but on street parking is free and there is a parking ramp across the street that is free on Saturdays.

Quick question to everyone, odds are looking very good that we will have a projector for this that we will be able to have one setup on (split between regular CRT TV and projector). It's looking like Brawl and HDR will be ran first, so my question is would you want to have top 8 on the bigscreen in the end of the night and wait for it or just finish it off once you get that point? Thanks!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I'm not sure If i'm entering Blaz yet.

Melee is my prime concern.

This is kind of a big deal. I'm going to see if KC can make it up cuz they play those fighters. We should make melee singles 10.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
JBM, can you bring your TV and Cube for Melee? I think Melee should have at least 3-4 TVs seeing as it is a side event. For the price, should keep it at $5 because its a side event.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I'm not sure if i am driving.

Whether or not its a side event Doesn't neccesarily matter, unless that is the venue says "no". I only bring it up because players like Dmac or Phat although this is mainly for competition it wouldn't be worth it to them to come up here(if they do) for a 5 dollar entry fee. I'm only mentioning this, so don't take it too seriously. I would just like my questions answered by a majority.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I guess that up to you guys what you guys want the entrance fee to be since you are running it. My apologies.

grog

Smash Rookie
Brawl's $10, Melee you guys can do whatever you want with, $1 (please don't that'd get way too many entrants haha) to $1,000, doesn't matter to me as long as you can get stuff done by 1am. Everyone has to be out by 2am (me included, no exceptions ugh) so I want an hour to clean, though I think we'd be fine doing everything else and leaving a setup or two. So Melee's pretty big? Sorry I don't follow Smash anymore since before Brawl came out.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
If any real out of state competition show up, like KC folks, $10.
If its just the usual, $5.
That's my thoughts on this.

grog

Smash Rookie
Updated first post, AxioM from KC postponed his tourney and is bringing Tekken 6 setups. We still need PS3s, Wiis, and TVs!

Uli

Smash Champion
oh gosh, so many games to play
my tag is going to be Mutha ****ing ULi for this tourny now XD
ill be bringing a ps3 and a wii
ps2 if its really needed >_>
also sf4 tekken 6 blaz melee brawly

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Charlie, could you please update the first post by saying me, Joker, and Jakebudden are offering housing and the title saying there is housing available. Thanks.

grog

Smash Rookie
Updated the first post, the Marriott downtown is now completely booked for that weekend, I'll check the Holiday Inn but I'm very positive that it still has vacancy.

Also we still need PS3's with SF4 if anyone is willing please!

Edit: you got it

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Ok so we still need to bring TVs for Brawl right o.0
Also Brawl Doubles shouldn't take so long actually Brawl period should be done around 1 or so probably earlier since there's an actual time limit but even if Brawl doesn't end on time we can continue it at my place <(^.^<)

Top Bottom