• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah, my (bad) falcon and (bad) sheik are based on tech chasing, and I'm pretty good at noticing the patterns

He'd probably change it up a little more in tournament, but EVERY time I threw him he teched in place the first time

from there on it's pretty much a crap shoot, but a predictable one

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
20 pages? aint got no respect for my ***** hax$? il spice things up(not trolling lol)
my friend who knows muay thai is gonna teach me the leaping, flying, electric knee.

on a more productive note.... i heard roy ***** falcon. is this true? if so, how?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
roy ***** falcons who do not excel at spacing
basically, if the falcon player does not space well enough to use nair without being punished by cc, falcon wins
but if the falcon cannot do that, then roy will cc dtilt->stuff->neutral b ledge guard until you die

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
eh, I disagree, just approach with dair or fair to deal with CCing. Falcon is traditionally one of the best anti CC characters in the game because of dair and fair, so just abuse those cause they can CC -> anything before you can grab after dair/fair and Roy can't space out your approaches the way Marf can to force you to use nair.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
eh, I disagree, just approach with dair or fair to deal with CCing. Falcon is traditionally one of the best anti CC characters in the game because of dair and fair, so just abuse those cause they can CC -> anything before you can grab after dair/fair and Roy can't space out your approaches the way Marf can to force you to use nair.
I forget who I asked about this matchup (it was scar or bigD), but I was told you use nair and space so that the tip of your feet hit roy, that way you're out of dtilt range.
And I have a lot of roy practice...I live near Ripple (he's nearly as good as sethlon, they teamed at genesis)

I'm not saying this makes me more correct than you, I'm just saying that even if we disagree I'm not speaking out of my butthole

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I forget who I asked about this matchup (it was scar or bigD), but I was told you use nair and space so that the tip of your feet hit roy, that way you're out of dtilt range.
And I have a lot of roy practice...I live near Ripple (he's nearly as good as sethlon, they teamed at genesis)

I'm not saying this makes me more correct than you, I'm just saying that even if we disagree I'm not speaking out of my butthole
yea, I know, I wasn't trying to imply that you were, I'm just saying that the EZ mode way to beat CCing is to stomp/knee. spacing nair is pretty much always the right thing to do with Falcon, but it's difficult and if you find yourself getting CC dtilted, it's good to mix in stomp/knee to keep them honest about CCing vs. your approach.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah
love the fbh sig man
was that the same ceremony where he stripped and jumped in the water?
and I feel the same as nes noob, I dont have the balls to dair/knee a roy until after 30ish %
and dair approach, if you do it too much, will get you countered...which ****ing blows obv.
so to answer the original question, roy doesn't necessarily "****" falcon but it is by no means an easy win for falcon...if anything i'd say it's even or 55-45 roy
it's much easier to go shiek/marth to beat roy haha those matchups are like 129048903489-0

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol
FBH was my favorite player for a pretty long time...totally smashed the quiet humble korean stereotype....too bad kespa banned ceremonies and now fbh isn't even that good
I thought(hoped lol) he was going to become the top terran =[

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't use dair and fair usually cause they can just use some kind of move and whatever they do wins. =/

Lol safe moves only.
well, my only point really is that Roys don't usually do moves from my experience :laugh:

like, whenever I see Cactuar or HBK play Roy, they're literally just DDing and trying to CC dtilt/CC grab your nair. If you just stomp or knee at this approach a few times, it makes them start trying moves vs. your jump at them, which then lets you outspace with nair without having to worry about CCing. *shrugs* w/e, it's not like I've played the matchup enough to talk the reality of it with you guys, I'm just saying that theoretically, mixing in moves that **** CCing should force them to do things that aren't CCing which makes your nair safer.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I almost beat Darkrain using that tactic that you are destroying with "stomp and Knee"

-ripple

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i heard sethlon and exarch retired.

i totally get it though, falcon has the curb stomp and knee to remedy CC. dont forget that roy has f/dthrow, good ways to force into a tech chase. but falcon has this even or slightly in his favor imo

marth and sheik dont **** roy that much lol. maybe sheik, but marth isnt THAT bad on roy.

i also discovered roys uair forces getups, IF u dont tech lol. we might be seeing thunder>fsmash for that low tier ;)

strawhats

Smash Master
I think seth still plays. He went to Genesis, and lost to SS. Don't know about exarch though.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
seth started maining (or secondarying not sure) falco, then i think he said he stopped playing often. exarch openly retired.
ripple and tigerblade are the next gen roys

Gea

Smash Master
Sethlon doesn't play enough to be considered "active" currently in the melee scene. This may change.

strawhats

Smash Master
Sethlon doesn't play enough to be considered "active" currently in the melee scene. This may change.
Does that mean that he'll start playing again. Also anyone have vids of sethlon vs. ss from Genesis.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
yeah, cactus is deffinately the best roy, gdubbs, pichu, and prolly more.

i wanna see ss vs sethlon also, sounds entertaining.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
roiy sucks lol falcon ***** his **** in you guys are all weirdos even talking about just fing grab and uthrow or dthrow rofl so easy

Scar

#HarveyDent
LOL you can't get out of dtilt range

roy ***** falcon

tell ripple i say hi

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
LOL you can't get out of dtilt range

roy ***** falcon

tell ripple i say hi
Hi Scar :)

remember the night before genesis when you and Hax teamed against me and some scrub and I gave over 800% and still lost? good times

-Ripple

The Irish Mafia

Ripples that DK right

Me and your brother stayed up real late in the hot tub and talked about life
No homo

He was mad drunk, but real cool

Hax you remember him right
**** you haven't posted in the last 3 pages or some **** you're probably not even reading this thread

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Hax how do you play against peaches? I've got the shffl combos and tech chasing down fine but i always have troubles getting a first hit in or keeping pressure on her.

The Irish Mafia

As a peach player, Camp nairs. I ****ing hate that
Peach can't do much because turnips will bounce off both hits, which doesn't only disarm them, but looks pretty cool
you can't approach because falcon's nair has all the priority ever
and it combos into uair and more nair and knee and that does like 130 damage even if you don't land the kill
but don't try to do long uair uair nair uair knee stuff because she will nair out of it

hehe
But really nair a lot and you will **** peach
Don't even dashdance just nair

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Pretty good advice but the tip of the nair has to hit in order to beat any of peaches stuff and I don't think it beats fair if fair is properly spaced but I am not too sure. I would say dash dance a good bunch since peach can't really do too much about it since Falcon has faster mobility whether peach is in the air or on the ground.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
just dd wait for her to go up if she does uair **** or dd more wait for her to do move then hit her or just run in when dd'ing if she tries something or u see opportunity or double jump super high and do falcon kick

Scar

#HarveyDent
she can zone you out really well though, like you have superior mobility most definitely but when she forces you to the side of the stage idk i feel like she covers most of CFs options pretty well

tubes

Smash Ace
she can zone you out really well though, like you have superior mobility most definitely but when she forces you to the side of the stage idk i feel like she covers most of CFs options pretty well
So... She Wall of Pains you? Idk When I think about the situation I can't think of much she could do if you just jumped over her real quick like. It seems she can't throw hitboxes up to Falcon full Jump height quickly enough to hit you other than with a turnip. And you can catch the turnip pretty easily. You should be fine as long as your on a tiny stage like yoshi story.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about though.

Also Marty (GAPeach) is the best Roy. You guys just don't know.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
roy is bad

peach is gay

she ***** falcon and stuff

but falcon can use moves to kill her

so its ok

Top Bottom