• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to this thread (Hello)
When can I add one (I've got Flygon all ready)?
And do all the attacks need names?

---------------------------

Nanoha Takamachi
An awesome character with a pretty cool moveset.
I like the Cartridge system.
The only question I have is whether her grab affects an opponant wherever she is on the field or only if she's close by.

----------------------------

Chernabog
The way he's immobile, doesn't flinch and takes a definate amount of damage before being KOed (or becoming extremely underpowered in this case) makes Chernabog seem more like Master Hand (or another boss) than a playable character.

Poliwrath
The water absorb is rather overpowered.
No knockback from Squirtle's Neutral-Air, Up-smash, Down-smash or all it's specials?
Plus there's the fact that he can self heal with no downsides.
The only other characters which can heal themselves at all are Lucas/Ness but require someone to attack them with a particular attack, and Game & Watch which is dependant on luck (7 on Judgement).
I like how you've tried to keep to the pokémon game mechanics on his attacks though.

Amidoinitright?

EDIT: I just checked and someone's already done a Flygon.
Mine's quite different, is it still OK?

Junahu

Smash Ace
9 year old girl holding a long shaft with a bulbous golden head: This moveset is serious amounts of fun to read. Lots of magic, but no magic-syndrome. Really, well done. This is probably my favourite Anime moveset in MYM, and one of the very few anime movesets that doesn't require intimate knowledge of the series.

Main problem. Neutral Special gets totally undermined by her magic circle and her ability to load during smashes. If you're going to dedicate a whole special towards doing something, then don't give the player different ways to do it better. Just let her pop more than one cartridge before an attack, without the need to make her stand on a magic circle when doing it (magic circle is good enough without that power).

Secondly, "While on a circle Nanoha can use all of her Smash attacks" makes it sound like she has to be on a magic circle in order to use a smash attack at all. And if that's actually the case, then I do not approve of that.

Polywrath:

I really love the little attack icons next to each move, and most of the presentation is nice and clean. There are plenty of neat attacks, and the playstyle came together really well, even though I couldn't quite see it while I was reading the attacks.

But I'm seriously sick of seeing animated pokemon headers. Especially with Poliwrath, who has five of the bleeding things all on the first screen of the moveset.

I'm also a bit tired of the confusion status being interpreted as "muddle the foe's controls for a bit".

Mind reader simply does not make sense and has nothing to do with the pokemon attack "MIND READER". It more closely resembles MIMIC or MIRROR MOVE.

Once Poliwrath has covered himself in water, he will become slippy, and for 15 seconds he will be unable to grab. The downside of the move is that Poliwrath will be unable to grab
so, after transforming into Slippy, he can't grab? That doesn't sound like a benefit at all.

sheesh falco, you too?!

I'd like to remind/announce to everyone that I'm commandeering the 1st of October to celebrate the fact I've hung around MYM for an entire year. I'll be posting quite a few things on that day, so try to avoid posting a set on the 1st of October. ~thanks

edit: @Jimneybob: just put Poliwrath back up and comment on Nanoha in a new post. Almost everyone who was intending to comment on her has already done so

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Nanoha

Well I figured it would only be kind of me to give you a Nanoha comment since you asked and...well, you were nice enough to comment Tauros so I'd kind of be a jerk for saying no...so let's get into the comment, shall we?

Creativity wise, Nanoha is great. I assume the moves are taken directly from the anime (which anime by the way? I don't think it's stated in the set...maybe I just missed it...) and they all seem to be rather interesting. The whole cartridge power-up system is an interesting one especially when coupled with the Side B's ability to "break the limits" on how many cartridges you're allowed to use.

The organization as a whole is great; it's simple but it gets the job done nicely and is easy to read. Your writing style is also easy on the reader and rather inviting. All the pictures make the attacks even easier to visualize and the bolding helps point out some key details.

While it may seem that all I've given Nanoha is praise...I unfortunately have some problems with her. She's incredibly over-powered. Most of her attacks (even her tilts) KO at around 140% and her prime killing move KO's at 80% uncharged. Her mobility is low but her range is insane....to top it all off, her recovery is like a super-charged Pit albeit with a shorter durration. She's a small target and, as you said, only a nine year old girl so I assume she's light...but she seems like her opponents would have a hell of a time getting anywhere near here with her insane range, ability to KO and space and the ability to escape quickly with her Up B (which pretty much nullifies her slow movement speed). Anyway, these are just balance complaints but they're the main thing keeping Nanoha down in my eyes...although I may just be overthinking the usefullness of her Down B/Down Throw. Heck, she even beats out the beastly Tauros when it comes to KO'ing.

Overall, Nanoha was an enjoyable read though despite my complaints. I feel like you have some great ideas here and it was a pleasure to read through this with your unique writing style. Call me crazy but I still -LOVE- Magnezone...but Nanoha's nothing to scoff at either, I'd place her up pretty high on your list of sets. Regardless though, you keep pumping out quality stuff so great job there =)
I went and edited the playstyle some to show how she is still balanced, and made a few mild adjustments to lag. Again though, as Rool said, 80% Smash and 140% Tilt kill percentages aren't unbalanced at all.

On the subject of the Up Special, you are right, and I edited the ending lag accordingly. Its still useful, but not a perfect way to avoid damage.

And I still don't understand why you like Magnezone that much.

So, Nanoha. What a delightful, whimsical moveset this is. There's a great sense of character, a great feel one gets as one reads this moveset. I shouldn't have to say much about the stellar creativity, something we've all come to expect from you, meanie. I disagree with MT about her balance; yeah, sure, her prime kill move does it at 80%, but doesn't Ganondorf's, too? Or Falcon's? These are less laggy than her Down Smash by a long shot, and we all know how often they connect in serious matches. Seriously, bad attack speed is a KILLER. Now, this doesn't mean you shouldn't probably tone down the Up Special; it feels like that problem anime characters often suffer (cough, Envy), where the creators want to make them true to their realistic power and end up making them broken. If one of her weaknesses is movement, I agree that giving her a quick and easy way around it is a bad idea.

That said, the organization is very nice (why Verdana, though?), the playstyle is neat (probably very fitting, too), and, and this is the big one, the writing style is WAY improved. There are still some spots you stumble on (dare you to say that ten times fast), but for the most part it's much easier to grasp than your earlier movesets.

I have a few minor quibbles, however! Very very minor, actually. You have the attack Cartridge LOAD, but then make many references to BURNING cartridges; just seems a bit misleading, even though it's easy enough to understand what you mean. Also your idea of %s seems a bit skewed; you call 19% impressive and 23% beastly when many characters have smash attacks that attain 20% uncharged. Not just the heavyweights, either. But seriously, great job on this one and it definitely goes up there in your very own pantheon.
I use Verdana because it's slightly bigger than the regular text, clean looking, and easy to read (and I'm impressed that you were able to parse the text I was using). Anyways, yeah, the Up Special was slightly broken, and I've toned it down a little, but other than that, I agree with most of what you said. The damage percentages are at a lower level because I was trying to keep the cartridges from hitting too high a level, and since these moves have such a huge area of effect it seemed right.

And yes, you wouldn't believe how in character this set is. Look at the quote I just recently added to her playstyle section to understand.

9 year old girl holding a long shaft with a bulbous golden head: This moveset is serious amounts of fun to read. Lots of magic, but no magic-syndrome. Really, well done. This is probably my favourite Anime moveset in MYM, and one of the very few anime movesets that doesn't require intimate knowledge of the series.

Main problem. Neutral Special gets totally undermined by her magic circle and her ability to load during smashes. If you're going to dedicate a whole special towards doing something, then don't give the player different ways to do it better. Just let her pop more than one cartridge before an attack, without the need to make her stand on a magic circle when doing it (magic circle is good enough without that power).

Secondly, "While on a circle Nanoha can use all of her Smash attacks" makes it sound like she has to be on a magic circle in order to use a smash attack at all. And if that's actually the case, then I do not approve of that.
Yes, she can use her smashes on the ground, and I added some clarifying language there. On the subject of the Neutral Special, for one thing, she can only spam a bunch of cartridges into her smashes, so the Magic Circle doesn't help for that, and the second thing is that she can still preload cartridges for use later with her Neutral Special. Its hardly done away with.

Also, I felt that giving a way to break a limitation was interesting game design. I respect your disagreement though. I'm glad that you liked the set though.

And finally CHERNABOG is an... interesting set, but it really is barebones. It's an interesting mechanic, but it doesn't lend itself to actual play very well, and you completely rely on it to create your playstyle instead of an overarching idea. Further, the fact that he becomes basically defenseless and offenseless once he takes 150% isn't that good of an idea, you'd be better off just having him get automatically KO'd at that point.

There's really nothing else to say about this set, I'm afraid.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Yeah, this is a spam post.. I know it's usually good sense to not spam your way to a new page. But the thread has ground to a halt, and I'm excercising my right to use common sense to budge it along.

and I'll just tag this on so my post isn't totally wasteful;
Some of you may remember Pokemon Master from earlier in MYM6. It's a collection of every pokeset that has ever been submitted. I've been keeping it up to date, but I recently realised I may be missing a few pokesets. If you have a pokeset in MYM4, MYM5 or MYM6 and it isn't on Pokemon Master, then be a good little scout and PM me about it. ~thanks

Smady

Smash Master
Nanoha: A superbly organised and great looking moveset for sure. Kudos on including so many helpful images; it makes it very readable, if only the font weren’t so big - it's not much of a problem.

The character itself reminds me of Excel somewhat, as does the moveset in a small way; lots of magic, but no magic syndrome and lots of very interesting mechanics. There’s a lot to like about the creativity shown in the moveset. It’s just overflowing with personality and probably my favourite of yours, but I haven’t read it in detail enough yet to really say that for sure.

However, there are serious balance issues. Nanoha is overpowered beyond belief. This has been covered enough already, so I’ll stop there. There's also a problem with your writing style at times being inexplicable, you need to describe how each move works in more detail.

It’s a fantastic effort by you, Darth and I look forward to ‘Fate.’

I'll comment on that gargoyle or whatever next page.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

The Count is an apostle (The servants of Godhand) from the Berserk manga series. He was once a good man, but once his wife cheated on him and participated in pagan activities he used the power of his Behelit to escape the madness. While allowing him to get over the unfortunate turn of events and giving him untold power, it drove him insane. He has his guards bring him the people under the false pretenses of accusing them to be pagans, then devours them alive. Not a pretty sight. While he is ultimately defeated, he is offered one more chance for survival by Godhand. . .If he sacrifices his daughter, the only thing he still holds in value. The Count refuses, and is then promptly dragged to the gates of hell.

The Count is able to turn parts of his body (Or all of it for that matter) into slime and extend it. In addition, he also has mind flayer like abilities in that he can use his slime to brainwash unwilling victims, leeching off of their brain. He also has a rather monstrous demonic slug form, the peak of his power.

Priority »»» 10
Traction »»» 10
Weight »»» 9.5
Falling Speed »»» 8.5
Size »»» 7
Range »»» 6.5
Recovery »»» 6
Attack Speed »»»5
Aerial Movement »»» 3
Power »»» 1.5
Movement »»» 1
Jumps »»» .5

You can’t honestly tell me you were expecting these stats from a fat ass like him, can you? That horrendous movement would make one think he was sitting in his throne (Which he isn’t, he walks normally), for crap’s sake. That’s also not an exaggeration in attack speed at all. It’s rare for him to have that much lag, the only thing bogging him down being the long duration of a good amount of his attacks. He’s also pitifully weak and has no attacks that cause actual knockback beyond some set knockback, relying on his grab-game to score KOs. Beyond that, nothing else is too surprising, but the Count has ways to make up for his bad ground mobility (He doesn’t even have a dash). . .Though the same can’t be said for his piss poor air game. The Count has no aerials. Seriously.

Neutral Special – Bodyguard

The Count claps his hands casually to summon Zondark, his captain of the guard, who comes in from the background with very little lag. He has a very stupid AI and has a miniature moveset of his own (Detailed later). While Zondark only takes half as much damage as normal, the catch is that he and the Count share the same damage counter. The Count can’t resummon Zondark after he gets KOd for the rest of his stock.

If you press this button input with Zondark already summoned, you’ll instantly switch control to Zondark and he’ll start taking full damage while the Count takes half damage. You can swap at any time even if your character is in hitstun/is in the middle of a move with no lag or visual indication whatsoever. When your other character is being controlled by the cpu, they'll generally play defensively and aim to protect you/themselves, meaning you don't have to constantly babysit the cpu character (Usually Zondark), though you'll have to swap between them a bit to get much offense done. Both are essentially immune to grabs/combos seeing you can just switch control to the other character to free your comrade. This helps massively with the Count’s otherwise high vulnerability to them. . .
[0%]

Up Special – Slime Base

The Count’s lower half turns to slime, then starts rapidly extending upward (You control the horizontal movement) triple Ganondorf’s height, propelling up his upper half. You can easily sweetspot a ledge with this to end the move early and this all happens pretty fast, but this has no hitbox. Hitting the Count’s main body with a melee attack ends the move early, but hitting the slime won’t hurt the Count at all. You can easily sweetspot a ledge with this to end the move early and this all happens pretty fast, but this has no hitbox. Hitting the Count’s main body with a melee attack ends the move early, but hitting the slime won’t hurt the Count at all.

While it is a respectable recovery, using it on the ground is where this move truly shines. If used on the ground, you can manually control the slime with the analogue stick, allowing you to extend and retract it as you please. Since the Count is still technically connected to the ground via his slime base, he can use all his ground moves from atop this makeshift podium. This is an excellent way to get the Count out of harm's way, and decent compensation for the fact he has no aerial attacks.

If you input the Up Special once you already have a slime base it’ll quickly snap back to the Count. This is your only real way to get up into the air due to the Count’s bad jumps. In addition, seeing the Count has no –real- aerials, if you input a “dair” when within double Ganon’s height of the ground the Count will perform the Up Special in reverse. This creates a slime-base underneath him to firmly secure himself to the ground, where he can actually function.
[0%]

Side Special – Slimeball
The Count coughs up a ball of slime that flies forwards unaffected by gravity, going two Battlefield Platforms at the rate of Ganon’s walk. It’s the size of Mario’s fireball and has identical disjointed priority, dealing 6% and small set knockback on contact. This has below average lag making it a great projectile, though the fact it moves so very slowly and it’s out-prioritzed by nearly all other projectiles can limit its’ use at times.

If you hold B during the starting lag of the move, the Count will instead puke the slimeball on his hand then lob the slimeball forward. It travels in an arch-like arc half a Battlefield Platform forward before falling down to earth. The lag is increased ever-so slightly for this and all it does is buff the move by 1% despite decreasing its’ range so severely. What’s the point? Well, you can use your up special to get at a nice elevation so the slimeball will fall down a lot longer before vanishing, thus increasing the range. You can also take advantage of the arch-like arc of the projectile to hit foes while hiding behind Zondark
[6%][7%]

Down Special - Behelit

The Count takes out his Behelit (The first of the five pictures) from his cloak, the source of all of his power, gaining superarmor for the start lag. He holds it up to summon a random member of Godhand (Besides Femto) who then tells you to “Bring the sacrifice”. Unfortunately, you can’t just sacrifice the foe, as that’d hardly be a “sacrifice”, now would it? The Count becomes controllable again after this brief bit of lag while the Godhand member stays where you summoned them.

This is your que to bring over Zondark or a teammate to sacrifice, as if you just ignore the Godhand member by leaving them idle for 10 seconds, they won’t take too kindly to it. If you –do- ignore them, they’ll summon in an army of damned souls to drag you to hell from the background for an instant KO (Though you have more then enough time, this is more of an easter egg).

Once you bring over your sacrifice, the Godhand member envelops them in an aura of darkness to instantly KO them, then vanishes. This dark ritual restores the Count of half of his percentage. While a welcome bonus, without Zondark the Count’s percent will go back up to where it was pretty damn fast without him there to save you from being comboed/chain grabbed. Use this strictly as a last resort.
[0%]

GRAB

Grab - Leech

The count reaches forward with his stubby arms for absolutely terrible range and huge lag. It’s nearly impossible to ever grab anything with this. Zondark on the other hand has an excellent grab, but can’t do to anything once he’s grabbed the foe. . .But this allows the Count the chance to grab the foe from Zondark. The foe has no “grab release” animation upon getting out of the Count’s grab to prevent Zondark from just regrabbing them the moment they escape.

Anyway, once you’ve grabbed the foe, you can input your pummel to begin letting your slimy essence out of yourself and begin forcing it down the foe’s throat. He faces away from the screen as he does this to avoid being as disturbingly graphic as the picture. This does no damage, and you’ll struggle to notice any effect of this until you continue pummeling the foe for 5 seconds (You can stop pummeling and pick up where you left off). . .

If you do it for 5 seconds, two slimy tentacles sprout out of their body and starts rapidly pelting at them, doing 1% every other second and being unable to be removed. At 7.5 seconds, their controls reverse at random intervals briefly in addition. At 10 seconds, the Count takes over their body entirely for a KO (A slimy head sprouting out of the foe’s head as their head just lays limply, devoid of life) and the foe loses their stock while you gain control of them while the Count’s old body falls over lifelessly and vanishes. You can play as the foe normally (They’ll respawn with a fresh body), with the exception of their grab and neutral B being replaced by the Count’s, you still having Zondark at your disposal if he’s still alive/hasn’t been summoned yet (Though if he’s dead, feel free to Whorenado away).

But that’s still not all. You can also grab Zondark and force your essence into him, the Count able to do so 5X as quickly due to Zondark not resisting him and getting massive buffs to his moveset, now becoming your primary character as his arms bust off in a (cartoony) explosion and tentacles come out to replace them. Why not just instantly summon Zondark and take him over at the start of a match? Well, while Zondark is now a great damage racker, it’s near impossible for him to KO, and there’s no going back once you take this form due to the Count’s old body vanishing so you’ll inevitably get behind in the stock count. The only time you should do this is after you’ve KOd the foe to further secure your lead. If you accidentally grab Zondark and don’t want to take him over yet, simply press B to release him.
[0%]

Standard Attack – Whirl
The Count rather stupidly spins in place once. His body is a insanely low priority hitbox that deals 3% and weak set knockback. You can keep “whirling” around in circles for as long as you want and there’s little lag in entering the stance, meaning it’s a decent move to make space, if nothing else.

If the Count has slime extended out under him with his Up Special, the move becomes incredibly useful, though, as not only does this makes the Count’s main body spin about, but also the slime connecting him to the ground. The slime base deals 5 hits of 1% and flinching per second as it grinds about with infinite priority and can’t be damaged (As always), and is the only way in which you can make your slime-base a (gigantic) hitbox.
[3%][5% per second]

Forward Tilt – Slime Wall
The Count retracts his arms into his robes, them brings them back out as slimy tentacles and merges them together, creating a slimy wall the size of Ganondorf in front of him. This has little lag and has no hitbox, but it’s not a trap, as the Count has to hold his fused arms out in this position to keep the wall up. The wall absorbs all attacks (Including projectiles) and you can keep it up as long as you hold A. This serves as an alternative defense against camping once Zondark croaks.
[0%]

Up Tilt – Tentacle Swat
The Count retracts his arms into his robes, then brings them back out as slimy tentacles and rapidly flails them above his head as if swatting at flies. The tentacles are disjointed hitboxes that reach up Mario’s height above the Count, covering everything directly above him and slightly to the sides. Contact deals 7% and weak set horizontal knockback and the move has below average lag on both ends to boot, the only downside being the slightly long duration (Talking Wario’s dsmash here). In any case, it’s great anti-air, further bolstering the Count’s defense.
[7%]

Down Tilt - Cannibalize
The Count turns to face away from the screen, then does a sweeping motion downwards with his arms. The vast majority of the time this does nothing but give the Count a bit of lag, but if there’s a foe who’s lying on the ground within the small range he’ll proceed to cannibalize them, dealing 6 hits of 1% per second and healing himself for the same amount. Even if you use an attack that specifically knocks the foe down they’ll roll away long before you can do this, but Zondark can hold them down for you to allow you to feast. . .
[6% per second]

SMASHES

Forward Smash – Drawing Close
The Count retracts his arms into his cloak as he charges the smash, then upon release they come out as slimy tentacles. The tentacles go directly forward by default, but you can angle it like a tilt. The length of how far they go out is based on charge, varying from 1-2 Battlefield Platforms. The ends of the tentacles form a grab hitbox together, the Count reeling in the foe afterwards to put them in his regular grab. If he doesn’t grab anyone, he’ll still extend out his tentacles the whole way and have to retract them, making this highly punishable. This only works as an alternative grab at high percents, as foes can still escape the grab while being reeled back to the Count (Though the timer will be refreshed once they get put in his main grab). While this has plenty of setbacks, it’s a great option to mix things up with at higher percents. Seeing how many grabs you need to get in to brainwash the foe, you’re definitively gonna want some variety.

This is more then an alternative grab though in that it can also save Zondark should he be knocked off-stage. Much like your regular grab, you’re able to grab Zondark with this move. While using the two characters in tandem to cover up each other’s blind spots should prevent this from happening in the first place, this gives you some very welcome leeway. Unlike normal characters, Zondark can still perform attacks while being dragged by the Count’s tentacles. This means you can switch control to him and throw your battleaxe onto the stage (Down Special) to defend the Count while he’s helping you recover.
[0%]

Down Smash – Puke in Disgust
The Count turns to face the camera, then pukes a stream of slime downwards. This has low lag on either end, but a duration as long as Wario’s dsmash. This does 22-35 hits of 1% and tripping (Not flinching), and if foes are already tripped (Including by another hit in this attack) they’ll be knocked down. With the disjointed priority, the only big downside on this move is the tiny range of it, but you can solve that by using your Up Special to get into the air before you rain down your slime on the foe. Just be cautious of the overly long duration. . .
[22-35%]

Up Smash – Slime Explosion
The Count starts bringing up a layer of slime under himself as if you were using the grounded Up Special as you charge, the move having an identical animation. The maximum height it’ll go up is double Ganondorf’s, just as always. If you already had a slime-base under you, it extends farther up then it would normally be allowed otherwise, losing the surprise element but increasing your elevation all the more.

Upon release, all of the Count’s slime explodes with little lag in a gooey disjointed explosion that deals 27% and spikes foes down to the ground. Once they hit the ground, they’ll shake the goo off themselves for a bit more stun, which is needed for the Count not to get punished due to him going into helpless after the move’s complete. . .And also probably get you a free grab via Zondark.
[27%]

Special Forward Smash - Vomit
Due to having no aerials, the Count makes up for it with all the more moves that he can use while grounded. Unlike normal Specials, the Count can’t use his Special smashes when in the air, but considering he’s never in the air (Without a slime-base connecting him to the ground) anyway outside when he’s forced to be it hardly matters.

For this move the Count leans back and gets a constipated look as charging, then upon release pukes forward a giant blob of slime 1.5X the size of Bowser. It travels in an arch-like arc, going a tad bit above the Count and traveling half a Battlefield Platform forwards before crashing down, vanishing as it does so. The move has high start-up lag (Ike’s fsmash) with below average end lag. Should the blob hit anyone, it’ll trap them within it with disjointed grab-priority. Foes must escape from the blob with the usual grab difficulty, but they can’t be hit while inside it. Used next to the ledge this could theoretically gimp, but the high lag makes it very hard to do so, and even if you do hit them with it the fact the blob falls so slowly doesn’t guarantee a KO. Foes take 5-10% a second while in the slime blob.

The Count can interact with foes trapped in a blob by going up to grab them, turning his arms/head into slime and going in the slime blob with the victim as he performs his pummel. The foe will still have to escape from the slime blob before they can escape from the Count’s regular grab, giving you much more time to pummel the foe. The best way to actually hit with this is to have Zondark grab the foe first, though the foe will probably escape before you pull off this laggy move until higher percents.
[5-10% per second]

Special Down Smash – Tidal Slime Wave
The Count’s entire body turns to slime as he crashes downwards. This deals no damage, simply pushing foes away with a strong FLUDD-like effect, though it’s useless for gimping seeing it can only be used on the stage. The Count then forms into a puddle of slime that’s as wide as 1-2 Battlefield Platforms. From here, you move the Count’s invisible main essence across the puddle at his usual walking speed, then press A to have him lurch out and try to grab foes. While he pops out with below average lag, if the move’s whiffed you’ll get terrible lag. The Count can only stay like this for 5 seconds, at which point he’ll automatically pop out.

While the ending lag may seem rather unattractive, you’re invincible for the rest of the entire move outside the brief start-up lag. Your best bet for actually grabbing foes with this is to try to pressure them into dodging with Zondark (The Count won’t pop out of the puddle when AI controlled, don’t worry), which is easier said then done. You’re better off using him as bait, though it –is- possible to distract the foe with some of Zondark’s quicker attacks.
[0%]

Special Up Smash - Devour
The Count turns to face his head upwards, opening up his mouth as wide as possible. He extends it open farther then normally possible by using his slime abilities as you hold the charge, but only upon release it becomes a (grab) hitbox where he’ll chomp down any foes that fall into his mouth. His mouth can be as wide as Kirby to 1.3X Bowser’s width, meaning that you’ll have to charge the move in order to be able to devour larger characters. This has next to no lag, but the Count holds his big fat mouth open for a full second before you can perform other button inputs. Thankfully, you can move him left and right and extend/retract his slime base while performing this move to make it more feasible to land, though only at half the Count’s already slow speed.

Once you’ve devoured someone, they’ll take 3% a second while inside you and must escape with grab difficulty. You can use your Side Special for the foe to be spit out and be hit by the projectile the moment they get out, or better yet use your Special fsmash for them to be contained within the blob you spit out, automatically being “grabbed” by it. If the foe escapes before you do anything, you’ll explode in a slimy explosion as they burst out of you, being forced to perform your Special Dsmash. This is great anti-air and a way to much more easily land those Special Fsmashes.
[3% per second]

ZONDARK

Zondark is the Count’s captain of the guard and seems to be a rather typical egotistical fellow. After failing to defeat Guts (The main protagonist of the series), he becomes hellbent on revenge, claiming he’d do anything in order to defeat him. Anything? Oh ho ho! The Count has just the thing for you, Zondark.

Size »»» 9
Weight »»» 8
Priority »»» 7
Falling Speed »»» 7
Range »»» 6
Traction »»» 6
Movement »»» 4
Jumps »»» 3.5
Attack Speed »»» 3.5
Power »»» 2
Recovery »»» 2
Aerial Movement »»» 1.5

Zondark’s inferior to the count due to a more limited moveset, slowness (Though once again, on many of his moves it comes from long durations rather then actual lag), and bad recovery. Zondark can’t do anything remotely worthwhile on his own, but when you put somebody between two characters everything becomes much more complicated.

Neutral Special – Bodyguard
See the Count’s Neutral Special.

Side Special – Spinning Blade
Zondark takes his battleaxe and starts spinning it in front of himself rapidly. This reflects projectiles and deals 10 hits of 1% and flinching per second to those caught in the large disjointed hitbox, but is very easy to DI out of. This is a surprisingly fast move, but has a laughably long duration of 5 seconds, meaning the foe has more then enough time to go behind him and fully charge an fsmash…If not for the Count. Have Zondark stand in front of you and spin his blade to negate projectiles and force an approach, then punish the foe when he rolls/jumps around him.

While having two walls against Projectiles in the Count’s ftilt and Zondark’s Side Special may seem pointless, try making a wall with the Count then switching control to Zondark (The Count will keep the wall up until you switch back to him) and using Side Special against a foe trapped between you and the wall. This is an excellent way to potentially get a free 50% (!).

When Zondark’s taken over by the Count, he turns to face the screen for this move, and you can move around the spinning blade at the speed of Mario’s run in any direction you please with your tentacle arms as you spin it, able to move it up to a Battlefield Platform in any direction. This means you can move it about so you aren’t defenseless and can prevent foes from using DI to get out, though they can just DI out of it’s range to prevent you from getting more then 28% or so out of this. The move’s ending lag gets a slight increase in this otherwise broken version, meaning you’ll have to push foes away with the battleaxe during the main move to avoid being punished (And even then they can hit you with a projectile). This is the main thing that makes Zondark such a terror when combined with the Count.
[1-50%]

Up Special – Thrust of Salvation
Zondark swings his axe upward then crashes it down, making for a mini-tether around the distance of Snake when he’s crouching. This has large lag, but foes hit by the disjointed axehead get spiked with decent power and take 16%. Needless to say, you’ll be saving Zondark with his fsmash a lot. If Zondark is on the ground when he uses this move, it simply translates into a large range upward grab where Zondark impales foes on his axehead, dealing 4% and putting the foe in his regular grab. While the range beats out his normal grab and it does some damage to boot, the lag is average on both ends.

When taken over by the Count, Zondark first extends his tentacles out the distance of Two Battlefield platforms before slamming his axe down, giving this recovery far more range. While it’s still a tether, anybody who dares to edge-guard you will more likely then not get spiked and die with you. Unfortunately, this version of the move loses its’ grab hitbox properties when used on the ground, functioning identically to the aerial version. The one thing Zondark becomes worse at when the Count takes control over him is grabbing.
[16%][4%]

Down Special – Axe Toss
Zondark turns to face the screen and angles the direction he’s going to throw his battleaxe in (Which you have complete control over), then hurls his battleaxe as it rapidly spins. He throws it 3 Battlefield Platforms away, and it does a single solid hit of 20% and spikes foes to the ground, and the hitbox is around the size of Bowser, having infinite priority. While the move only has average lag on both ends, Zondark has to wait for the axe to hit the ground and has to go pick it up before he can use any of his axe oriented moves (Most of his moveset) again, meaning that if you use it to gimp (And it’s hard enough to get a foe off-stage what with the duo’s lack of knockback) he’ll never get it back. Zondark never uses this move when under control of the AI, so you don’t have to worry about him doing anything stupid with it.

Now then, if Zondark is taken over by the Count, he’ll extend out the tentacle he threw the axe with to catch it at the end of it’s arc, then pull it back to himself at the end. All the while you’re still capable of moving and using your non-axe attacks after the initial end lag of throwing the axe is done, though you always have to stay within 3 Battlefield Platforms of the axe or you won’t be able to catch it at the end. While you could use the move for gimping and *gasp* kill stuff, if Zondark’s tentacle arm is hit as he’s extending it out to get the axe it’ll retract (Though Zondark won’t take any damage), meaning it’s still very risky.
[20%]

Neutral A – Axe Spin
Zondark starts spinning around with his axe rapidly in place. This has the range of a third a Battlefield Platform on either side of him as he continuously spins about, doing so for as long as you hold A. The axe is a disjointed hitbox that deals 9% and average set knockback and blocks projectiles, but there’s a window where Zondark can be hit due to not constantly keeping the axe on either side, meaning Side Special is your primary projectile defense. While this instantly comes out and you can hold it as long as you want, Zondark gets dizzy at the end of the move, having ending lag that’s as long as the time you spent spinning.

There’s no limit to how long you can hold this or how dizzy Zondark can get, and if you swap to the Count while Zondark’s spinning his AI will keep doing it forever, making this the ultimate way to “set and forget” Zondark. When you want to use him for other things, end his spinning and grab him with the Count to snap him out of his dizziness. With the Count’s essence in him, the ending lag is cut by 75%.
[9%]

Side A – Axe Slam

Zondark lifts his axe over his head, then slams it down in front of him. The axehead reaches out half a Battlefield Platform ahead of him and is a disjointed hitbox the size of Kirby dealing 9%. While the move comes out nearly instantly, should Zondark miss he’ll have to pull his axe out of the ground over the course of 2.5 lengthy seconds (If used next to the edge, he’ll continue the arc of his axe to hit said ledge), foes taking 2% per second. Should anybody get hit, they’ll be pinned to the ground under Zondark’s axe during the ending lag in their knocked down state where the Count is free to cannibalize on them.

If the Count has taken over Zondark, then he musters the strength to pull his axe out of the ground with below average lag should he miss.
[13%]

Up A – Headbutt
Zondark performs a headbutt upwards with nearly identical properties to Dedede’s utilt (11%), though the knockback is set and rather weak. In addition, should Zondark actually hit anyone with the otherwise overpowered move, he’ll hold his head in pain for bad ending lag afterwards, meaning this should only be used if the Count is nearby to defend Zondark during the end lag.

With the Count having taken over Zondark, the slimy head of the Count leeching off of Zondark’s head bites upward as Zondark headbutts, shielding Zondark’s head from the pain he’d otherwise take. This eliminates the ending lag when you hit with the move and also makes the priority disjointed.
[11%]

Down A - Stomp
Zondark performs the obligatory Warlordian stomp with average range and below average priority, holding down foes who are lying on the ground under his boot (The move turning into a grab hitbox on them) and dealing 10%. Unlike Dingodile and Bear Hugger, this is just an alternative grab, as Zondark can’t follow it up with anything, being locked into position. However; the Count is more then happy to take advantage of the situation and cannibalize on his foes (They’re too low to the ground to grab). . .This is one of Zondark’s very few moves he can throw out with little thought, there being below average lag on either end, though unlike his ftilt he needs the Count to knock the foe down first for him (Probably with his dsmash).

If the Count has taken over Zondark meaning he can’t punish the stomp with his other body, so he simply uses his tentacles to pummel the foe with, dealing 7 hits of 1% per second. In addition, the stomp will knock foes down and then pin them, them not having to be already knocked down.
[10%] [7% per second]

Dashing Attack - Collapse
Zondark clumsily collapses in an animation similar to Dedede’s dash, but lower start lag and better range/priority. This deals 14% and knocks foes down to the ground. This also leaves Zondark in his knocked down state, where he’ll have to use one of his incredibly laggy rolls or situationals to get out of the position.

If the Count has taken over Zondark, he’ll catch himself with his tentacles at the end of the move and push off the ground to get to his feet with much lower lag.

Grab – Normal/Leech
Normally Zondark has Dedede’s ridiculous grab but no throws, meaning the Count is the one who’s required to follow up the grab, more often then not with one of his own. When taken over by the Count, this translates into the Count’s regular grab. . .Complete with the terrible range and huge lag of it due to the Count now being in command of the body, meaning it’s impossible to hit with it.

The screen zooms in on the Count as he goes under a massive transformation, turning into a massive demonic slug-like creature as tall as Giga Bowser and twice as wide, becoming invulnerable. From here, you can bring out two tentacles in each direction by pressing A or B in the direction you choose, reaching out with the range of three Battlefield platforms at high speeds. To pinpoint exactly where the tentacle comes out of the Count, you can move them slightly before they come out of him. While the ending lag of bringing out the tentacles is somewhat bad, you can bring out all eight at once if you spam enough button inputs, the ending lag of each individual tentacle only preventing you from using that specific tentacle again. Should you grab anyone with a tentacle, they’ll be pulled back to the Count where he performs his normal pummel on them at twice the normal speed and difficulty to escape.

Each of the eight tentacles is assigned to one of your eight button inputs (B and A in the four cardinal directions), and your ninth button input (Neutral B) allows you to make use of Zondark (Who is invulnerable during the final smash) as always. Neutral A allows you just chomp the Count’s main mouth, which is a rather small hitbox but instantly KOs anything it hits, the Count devouring the victim.

The thing about this final smash is that the Count moves insanely slowly and it’s easy to just hide on the ledge away from the Count out of tentacle range. . .if not for Zondark. While he’s still his usual slow self, if you grab him you can infest him with your essence as if you’d brainwashed him normally, then proceed to own anybody hiding on the ledge with your Side Special. Anybody you KO becomes a brainwashed level 9 AI partner, but they’ll vanish and Zondark will return to normal when the Final Smash ends. Lasts 10 seconds.
[0%]

At the start of the match, the obvious thing to do is to immediately bring forth Zondark and turtle up with him on the far side of the stage. Have Zondark use either his neutral A or side special (Side Special if you can handle the micro-management of switching back to him renewing it) and hide behind him as you create a slime base with your up-special so you can get tall enough to fire projectiles over him. If the foe gets close, lob a slimeball by holding down the input or use a special fsmash to hit them.

However; the defensive fortress of the Count is far from impenetrable. Hell, in this turtled up mode he’ll probably only get in one actual hit on the foe as they have to jump over Zondark to get to the Count. The Count can’t function as a stereotypical ranged character all that well, he’s more doing this just to get the foe to approach. Once they do, the Count will want to try to catch them in his mouth as they jump over Zondark with a Special Usmash.

From here on out, the foe will constantly be in your face. You have no way of getting them back at that range to camp them again due to lack of knockback, though if –they- want to fight at a range it’s very easy for you to turtle up to force them to do so. From here, you’ll be primarily relying on the fact you have two characters at your disposal to get the foe to actually be hit by your moves. Once you hit with one move, many more will generally follow, as most of the duo’s combinations result in holding the foe down for the other to whale on, more often then not ending in a crucial grab for the Count.

While both the Count and Zondark are ridiculously vulnerable to being juggled and comboed individually due to their lack of aerials, you can just switch to the other character and knock them out of it, as the enemy will generally be too busy kicking the other character’s ass to dodge. In addition, the Count using a “dair” when being juggled to connect himself to the ground followed by immediately whirling via Neutral A proves to be an excellent way to escape combos.
Damage should always be a secondary concern for you rather then a focus. You can theoretically KO somebody at 0%, the only thing damage does for the duo is make their grabs harder to escape. That said, early on getting –some- damage should definitively be a goal due to foes escaping grabs near instantly at low percents (Try to go for Zondark’s side special against the Count’s ftilt slime wall). Beyond that, though, focus exclusively on grabs. Once you get your foe halfway ready for the kill (5 seconds of pummeling), they’ll be taking constant damage anyway, so you won’t have to worry much about it. At 7.5 seconds, their controls will be randomly reversed, meaning you’ll get a few free hits which’ll be all you need to take them out for the count.

While one hit does generally lead to a few more, it’s pretty damn difficult to land that first hit, especially considering the fact that you essentially have to control two de-synched characters at once. Things do get much easier later when the foe takes constant damage/gets reversed controls, but the hard part is getting to that phase. The Count’s a character of momentum in many ways. The main thing that allows him to be able to build it up, though, is the sheer amount of time he’ll be sticking around. The Count’s recovery is pretty good and Zondark can try to stop foes from going after him, and Zondark simply won’t ever die so long as the Count lives due to his fsmash. They also have a variety of defensive measures and can easily save each other from long strings of moves, and as a last ditch resort the Count can shrug off half the damage he’s taken by sacrificing Zondark.

Once you’ve taken over the foe, you’ll generally only want to stay in their body if they’re godly damage rackers (Meta Knight) and otherwise should go over to take over Zondark (Assuming you haven’t had to sacrifice him), abandoning the foe’s old body. While taking over a heavyweight gives you the ability to KO through traditional means, you generally won’t have the time to get the foe’s percentage up due to your own being so high, so you shouldn’t get too greedy. Just try to get ahead for the next stock. After taking over Zondark, hide behind your axe as you spin it out away from yourself with Side Special and use it for your main damage racking or Down Special on occasion to mix things up. Up close, use your alternative grabs (Ftilt, Dtilt). Just don’t expect to stick around long – you have no aerials and the Count won’t be able to save you from being juggled to your doom. The Count’s ability to get ahead in the next stock builds on his momentum aspect all the more, as he won’t need nearly as many grabs if the foe actually has some damage on them.

The Count can become an absolute god in doubles matches if paired up with somebody who can camp, a three character fortress with two firing projectiles being much harder to penetrate. The Count is more able then most to do this with team attack on, as he can just extend his slime-base up in order to fire over his teammate. The real highlight of the Count in doubles though is the ability to sacrifice his teammates for his Down Special. If they already have high damage and are gonna die, why not? This increases the Count’s already insane durability to even higher levels.

VS. Meta Knight: 30/70, Meta Knight’s favor
While both The Count and Zondark can easily outprioritize the whorenado, if he times it well he can pick up both characters in it to rack up ridiculous damage, making it a constant threat at all times. In addition, while he’s busy whaling on one of the two characters and the other comes up behind him, he can use Shuttle Loop to hit both in front of and behind him to both separate the duo for further damage. Meta Knight racks up the Count’s percentage ridiculously fast and can easily go to gimp Zondark before the Count can save him, meaning the Count will want to sacrifice him for some healing before he attempts to do so, Zondark being more of a bother in this match-up then anything.

While the Count has a pretty good recovery that’s not that easy to gimp and can stay up out of the range of Meta Knight’s dsmash to make KOing him somewhat difficult, there’s always the constant threat of Shuttle Loop, and the Count won’t be getting a lot of hits in anyway while he’s still alive without Zondark to back him up. When the Count –does- KO Meta Knight (Probably late on the second stock), there’s the potential for the Count to come back and have some Meta Knight dittos, but why not just pick Meta Knight in the first place? Sure, you’ll still have Zondark, but he’ll just serve as a punching bag for the other Meta Knight to use to rack up your damage. You’re best off just sacrificing him before you take over Meta Knight.

VS. King Dedede: 60/40, The Count’s favor
Let’s see. . .Dedede can’t chain grab for the same reason he can’t chain grab the Ice Climbers, his great recovery/durability doesn’t matter because the Count doesn’t KO via knockback, he can’t camp to force an approach due to the two characters both negating projectiles and sending out some of their own at the same time. . .All of Dedede’s major advantages are moot in this match-up. The one thing Dedede –can- do (And very well at that) is to just use wall of pain style bairs on Zondark off stage and keep doing so, not giving him a chance to retaliate and using his multiple jumps to get him far enough off the stage for the Count to be unable to save him with his fsmash. Once that’s done, he can proceed to chain grab the Count to his heart’s content. Of course, the Count will see this strategy coming a mile away and will do everything in his power to prevent Dedede from doing so, so this isn’t exactly an easy task for the Penguin King.

VS. Diddy Kong: 40/60, Diddy’s favor
A key factor to this match-up is that the Count is immune to Diddy’s banana peels (And tripping in general) when he has a slime base underneath him, though the same can’t be said for Zondark, who Diddy will combo to all hell. He’s really just a punching bag for Diddy to damage in this match-up, so you might just want to not summon him at all until late in the match then just instantly sacrifice him to keep your percentage low. Still, it’s possible to get some use out of Zondark if you keep him firmly in one spot constantly using Side Special to deflect Diddy’s projectiles. In any case, though, you’re mostly on your own for this match-up. While without his bananas Diddy is only sub-par, the same can be said for the Count without Zondark, only more-so. It’s a fun-match up in that both characters are forced to fight in awkward ways they’re not used to and it’s still far from impossible for the Count.

VS. Lucario: 70/30, The Count’s favor
Unlike most characters, the Count only has to get up Lucario’s percentage so far (So he won’t instantly escape grabs), so that means Lucario will have very limited powers as far as actually KOing the Count goes, especially coupled with the Count’s durability. Lucario really doesn’t have all that much going for him here. His damage racking is only subpar, especially when he can’t camp. The best thing he has going for him is his dair as it allows him to get in multiple hits without becoming vulnerable to the character he’s not “comboing” due to hovering in the air, but the Count can just devour him with special usmash if he abuses it too much.

VS. Ice Climbers: 35/65, Ice Climbers’ favor
So then, two dual characters who rely on grabs. . .While the Count can’t be chain grabbed by the ice climbers, he’ll have a –very- difficult time pummeling either of them for significant periods of time, and thanks to his lack of knockback matters certainly aren’t helped much in that he can’t separate the duo. As if that wasn’t enough, both climbers have separate timers for how much you have to pummel them, meaning you have to keep specifically going for the same one. The only way you can really get in any pummeling is to grab one climber with Zondark and grab the other with the Count, but this is much easier said then done. On the bright side, without their chain grab and the Count’s good defenses the Ice Climbers can’t do much back to the Count, but the Count is much more limited then they are.

VS. Sloth: 85/15, The Count’s favor
The main clincher of this battle is that Sloth binding himself to the stage won’t help matters at all – the Count doesn’t deal in knockback, instead KOing via his pummel. Even without his main technique, though, Sloth isn’t helpless. He’ll find himself given plenty of opportunity to just make pits and rest up to keep his ridiculous strength up and keep from getting tired. The bad news for Sloth isn’t over, though, as once the Count takes over his body he can just use Sloth’s fthrow to chain himself to Zondark to essentially make the both of them indestructible. Sloth will have to try to KO Zondark first each stock as he –will- eventually die, and one mess-up means it’s all over. A very difficult match-up for him.

VS. Von Kaiser: 55/45, Von Kaiser’s favor
Seeing the Count is perfectly content to leave his foes at around 50% before just going crazy with grabs to try to go for the KO, Kaiser is pretty much free to do with his percentage as he pleases. Hell, if Kaiser avoids the duo’s few moves actually capable of inflicting damage like the plague, he can make the Count focus more on grabs so that he can still stick with the faster versions of his moves better for damage racking. Even if he fails at this, his own grab-game is a force to be reckoned with what with his bthrow, and when it comes time for the KO Kaiser can rack up his own damage to get the more powerful versions of his moves (Particularly his beastly neutral special) without as much fear as usual due to the duo’s lack of knockback. . .Just so long as he doesn’t get grabbed, of course. When Kaiser racks up his own damage to gain access to his KO moves is by far the riskiest part of the match for Kaiser and the one point where the Count can possibly mount a come-back against him. If he grabs him at this point, he’ll probably get him up to 5 or 7.5 seconds of pummeling, at which point the next grab is all too easy to attain and it’s essentially all over. A very heated match-up.

VS. King Hippo: 65/35, The Count’s favor
King Hippo will have massive amounts of trouble starting up his combo-game due to the other character he’s not comboing simply just casually hitting him out of it, not letting him get in more then one hit. Hippo’s only real hope is to combo The Count (Not Zondark – the Count can easily get higher up then you with his Up Special) high up into the air due to their lack of aerials, but he has to get high enough for Zondark to be unable to just use Up Special to drag him back down to the ground into his dreaded grab. Thanks to Hippo being a combo –heavyweight- with poor jumps/high fall speed, this is far from easy, though possible. While it’s easy enough for Hippo to KO the Count, it’ll take a damn long time for him to get his percentage up, and the Count can just heal half of it once it finally gets up that high by sacrificing Zondark. . .Though if that happens, you can use all your regular combos on him and get his percentage back up in an instant due to Zondark not interrupting your combos, so it’s not much to be worried about.

VS. Mr. Sandman: 60/40 The Count’s favor
Sandman has to land one specific hit to start his combos, which is far from difficult on such awkward characters with so much punishable ending lag. The thing is that once he does stun one of the duo, the other will prevent him from racking up the damage on them, taking away the highlight of his game. Sandman’s best hope to actually get in the damage he so desperately needs is to first stun the Count, then stun Zondark with his very punishable moves so he can’t interrupt his combos on the Count. While this is surprisingly not that difficult to do, the catch is that Sandman has to keep up both their hitstun at once to keep them from snapping out of the stun and interrupting his combos.

To do this, you’ll have to stun them very close together and use some attacks that can hit both of the duo at once (Dsmash). While you won’t be able to keep them both stunned for the full duration, the fact that you’re whaling on two characters means that the Count’s damage will still go up at a respectable rate. The only thing making this somewhat harder then normal for Sandman is that once you stun the Count, Zondark can just run away when you try to stun him so the Count’s stun expires, or so even if you stun him you won’t be able to keep both characters stunned due to them being separated. This can make this phase of the battle very frustrating and the main thing that loses him the match-up.

When it comes time for the KO, things are much simpler for Sandman in that he just has to land one good hit. He doesn’t have to worry about the Count’s camping –too- much in comparison to other characters, seeing the Count fails at it and the Count can’t just run and keep camping due to his terrible movement speed.

VS. Espeon: 50/50
While it’s pretty easy to set up Sixth Senses on both The Count and Zondark, it’s difficult to punish them in the required window of time due to most of their attacks having little lag, simply having long durations. The fact that many of Espeon’s prediction based moves also rely on the foe being in the air doesn’t help matters, considering the Count and Zondark have no aerials to predict. All is not lost for Espeon, though, as they can do little to knock Espeon off of his wish hotspots due to their lack of knockback, meaning he can stay contently down at 0% with little problem. Considering how much he’ll be using them, setting up some Future Sight traps in addition to the Wishes are bound to get Espeon some good damage in. Still, while the Count prefers to have damage on his foe, it’s not mandatory. The match-up can go either way.

VS. Mario Remix: 60/40, The Count’s favor
While Mario can’t do the main focus of his entire moveset all that well, comboing, gimping is still an excellent option, especially against Zondark’s horrible recovery. If Mario can manage to take out Zondark (And he’ll have plenty of chances to charge his FLUDD), then the leftover Count will be easy pickings due to him now being perfectly vulnerable to being comboed up the wazoo. Of course, the Count will ensure that it’s far from an easy task to gimp Zondark and will do everything in his power to keep him on the stage, pulling him back with his fsmash before you get him out too far, and considering how limited Mario’s options are (He can’t even camp, yet the Count can), he’s very predictable. Count’s advantage, hands down.

VS. Kholdstare: 25/75, Kholdstare’s favor
The Count is immune to Kholdstare’s infamous infinite chain grab due to Zondark, but that’s only so long as he lives. Obviously Khold’s goal will be to get him out of the way. Due to Zondark being a similar height to, it’s more then easy for him to land a “cold stare” on Zondark, so that’s instantly a point against him. While the Count can normally save Zondark from being KOd, Khold can just chain grab him the moment he knocks Zondark off stage, most probably into his ice wall, preferably while Zondark’s still in his hitstun from being knocked off so he can’t throw his axe onto the stage to prevent it. While this isn’t easy to do, it isn’t terribly difficult either, while the Count will be struggling significantly to prevent his face from being continually shoved against an ice wall while Zondark falls to his doom.

VS. Bleak: 50/50
Both characters can camp and make walls to hide behind (Or use Zondark as a living wall in the Count’s case), but the thing is that both of their main projectiles can’t be arced, meaning that their projectiles can’t be arced, meaning that you can just fire a projectile and duck behind your wall for a sort of snowball fight. However, you –can- change the direction Bleak’s side special is fired, and even if it’s a bit laggy you can angle it so that it shoots the Count as he comes out from hiding to fire a projectile. Bleak still can’t hit the Count while he’s low to the ground hiding behind Zondark, though, which presents a problem as both characters are just awkwardly turtled up unable to hit each other, neither wanting to approach.

While both have equally bad approaches, the Count is much more dominant then Bleak when he finally gets there, so he’ll be the one who wants to approach and end the stalemate. This would give him the match-up if it weren’t for Bleak’s ability to push back foes with moves like his ftilt, forcing them to stay back at his desired range. This proves very annoying for the Count due to his ridiculously slow movement speed, him HAVING to use his special dsmash in order to be able to approach, becoming immune to the windy effect. Thankfully for the Count, Zondark isn’t disgustingly slow in movement speed and can get up to Bleak without that much hassle, but even Bleak who’s rather poor at melee range can easily take Zondark solo, punishing his awkwardly long attacks while keeping the Count away. Once the Count –does- get to Bleak, though, he’ll be in for a lot of pain as the two gang up on him what with his poor melee options before he finally escapes and resumes his camping. The ownage goes back and forth between the two parties for a very heated battle.

VS. Raven: 50/50
Raven has a distinct advantage in the camping phase of the battle in that she can shorthop fairs to stay behind her wall, then bring her ghastly arm through the wall and twist it around Zondark to either hit the Count or Zondark in the back (Going around his spinning axe). There’s no limit to it’s range, but she’ll want to get up close due to the limited duration of it. However, if she gets too close, the Count can just use a special fsmash/lob a slimeball over her wall, and he’ll be happy to move every so slightly to get into range to do so. Better yet, at this range the Count can use a special dsmash to go under Raven’s wall and pop up under her to grab her, ignoring any of her shadow bug traps to boot.

That said, Raven can abuse her neutral special to essentially make a duplicate of herself while still staying perfectly safe behind the wall. So what if she takes 1% per second? She can’t be grabbed, so she can’t be KOd. The fact it has an infinite float also makes it plenty easy enough for it to go over Zondark to get to the Count, and it’s super armor means it’s immune to grabs – which means it’s completely immune to over half of the Count’s moveset. Raven can keep doing this with little problem as the Count and/or Zondark are forced to awkwardly approach her, during which time she can just unsummon her duplicate and fair through her wall for easy pickings. Just make sure you grab the Count and not Zondark, or else the Count will punish you severely as he goes under your wall with his Special Dsmash then comes up to tentacle **** you, and considering you’re damaging yourself for him he’ll only need a few grabs to KO you. Couple this with the Count’s ridiculous durability/Raven’s low KO potential and how he’s not that hesitant to sacrifice Zondark here (His uses are limited in this match-up), and he still very much has a fighting chance against Raven despite her ridiculous damage racking.

VS. Spadefox: 35/65, Spadefox’s favor
While Spadefox can easily take away Zondark from the Count by using Neutral B against him, the catch is that Spade has to hit the Count with it, not Zondark. This means the Count can just always stay up and out of it’s range with a slime base and behind Zondark at all times, and just use a special dsmash to become invulnerable whenever he gets close. Of course, playing so conservatively is rather annoying and one mess-up means Zondark’s death. You’ll want to get in what few hits you can on Spade with Zondark while cowering with the Count, then as your percentage climbs from Zondark taking damage, sacrifice him with your Behelit before Spade inevitably hits you with neutral B and takes him away. You should have a slightly lower percentage then Spade, and Spade is far from one of those dreaded combo heavyweights, so this is a semi possible match-up, though still clearly in favor of Spade, especially when he can potentially take away your all important grab with his uair/usmash combo.

VS. Specter: 40/60, Specter’s favor
Specter has more then enough time to set up his defenses against the Count. While the Count can try to camp him while he’s doing so, his projectiles are rather slow, and Specter will be bringing up his monkey army, throne, and barriers faster then the Count can bring them down. Once he’s set up, he can easily just approach straight up to the Count, possibly through the background without any fear of getting hurt, then have an up-close fight against the Count. While the Count is also pretty good in the air when he has a slime base and can compete with Specter’s air-game pretty well with his faster attacks, the catch is that the moment the Count messes up Specter will punish him dearly for it, as one hit and the Count will become unconnected from his slime-base and have literally no means of defending himself. With Specter’s floatyness, he can stay just out of Zondark’s range as he does so, and even then Specter’s monkies can provide good distractions for him.

Still, Specter is no combo character. He’s very slow in attack speed, and won’t be getting in all –that- many hits before the Count gets back into position and takes out his barrier/any pestering monkies. Specter will have to play hit and run with the Count to renew his defenses before going on the offensive again, and he’s more then capable of doing so with how he has among the highest movement speed and the Count among the worst. Zondark comes in very handy for the Count here due to him actually having half-decent movement, but the fact that the Count is even considering trying to pressure with a slow lug like Zondark shows something is terribly wrong. Still, the Count has a plenty good chance if he manages to pin Specter down in a grab before he flees and get in a lot of pummeling/damage on him, which is far from impossible.

VS. The Raptors: 35/65, The Raptors’ favor
Early on in the fight things will be in the Count’s favor thanks to him being able to summon Zondark in an instant while the lead Raptor has to perform a laggy move to summon his buddies to his side. This can lead into several free grabs towards the start of the fight to get you a great head start, but considering how much faster the Raptor is then you and how he can still repulse you with some swift attacks he’ll eventually get in one of his allies. After he gets the first, the second is far easier due to the first covering him, then before you know it you’re swamped in a sea of Raptors. Much like Zondark makes you immune to grabs, the leader Raptor’s buddies make him immune to your grabs, meaning he’s immune to most of your moveset. The amount of viable moves you have are very limited and if the lead Raptor makes the pack go into aggressive mode, you’ll be pressured to no end.

That said, the few moves that do actual damage do rather hefty damage, so if you –do- manage to get in a couple good hits on the summoned Raptors you can leave the leader all alone again. From here, you can pick up where you left off, probably only needing just a couple more grabs to KO him. While it’s hard to get off your laggy moves on the Raptors when all three are swarming you with fast moves, the summoned Raptors only have level 5 AI, meaning it’s much easier to get them into one of your awkward moves then an actual player.

VS. Wheel Gator: 65/35, The Count’ favor
While Wheel Gator is far from known for camping, he’s capable of it, particularly against the awkward slow duo. He can use his Side Special for some limited camping and devour up any projectiles you send his way, spitting them back at you. This means you’re forced to approach, which the Count hates. That said, Wheel Gator can’t aim any of his projectiles, so you can just travel forwards with a slime-base underneath you to absorb his projectiles. Once you are up close to him, the main other feature that’s a boon for Wheel Gator when he’s playing defensively is his grab based moves, but the Count has plenty of his own to compete with. Hell, he even has a disjointed grab in his fsmash and special fsmash that beat out other grabs, so Wheel Gator will really have his work cut out for him. As if that wasn’t enough, once it finally comes time for the KO for Wheel Gator, he’ll have trouble getting the Count stuck in his mud trap seeing he can just casually go over it with his Up Special. Even his bthrow used for forcing foes into his trap is proved useless due to Zondark interrupting it.

So what CAN Wheel Gator do? He’ll want to create his Mud Trap earlier then normal and hide within it for his defensive game, seeing his grabs are outclassed in both quantity and quality by the Count and camping doesn’t work well. If he can kill off Zondark KOing the Count becomes much easier, though that’s easier said then done. The one truly saving grace Wheel Gator has though is his ability to gimp. If he can get the Count off stage and gimp his recovery, he can KO the Count without racking damage or using his mud traps, which prove troublesome. Seeing this is such a preferable option for Wheel Gator, though, the Count will be doing his best to stay at center stage and far away from the edges. He won’t let you send him into the burning pit that easily.

VS. Tauros: 80/20, The Count’ favor
Both characters are very “bleh” in the air, but the Count has a better substitute for aerials via Up Special and a much better recovery, so he can actually apply some aerial pressure here, though he certainly can’t gimp him. The other main thing against Tauros is that his prime set-up for his KO moves is his fthrow, and Zondark exists solely to interrupt grab/combo games. This leaves Tauros hard pressed to score KOs, his supposed advantage, and he’s still a rather mediocre damage racker. Tauros can do little to resist the Count’s onslaught of grabs. His best hope is to pick a stage with walk offs so he can abuse his throws, but he has to be very close to the edge if he doesn’t want to give Zondark to interrupt them and those stages are all banned anyway thanks to the penguin king.

VS. Glaceon: 50/50
Unlike all those other characters who can hide behind walls, Glaceon can only fire six shots before his wall expires, and even before then it’ll be short enough for the Count’s projectiles to go over it and hit Glaceon. Glaceon is forced to approach here, which he really can’t do all that well. Of course, he still has Ice Beam at his disposal, but Zondark can reflect it and the Count can just casually elevate himself a bit and let his slime base take the hit. While Glaceon can’t really afford to spend much time up close to the Count, once he’s up there he can just chill them and spam bairs so he can just hide while their damage racks up. Considering Glaceon has two characters to chill sharing the same percentage, he can rack up their percent ridiculously fast, even if Zondark only takes half damage.

On the other hand, Glaceon’s main KO methods in his grab/freezing (Level 5 chill) gives more then enough time for the Count/Zondark to interrupt it, giving Glaceon a much more difficult time KOing while the Count has no more trouble then usual. While Glaceon can’t do much while he’s running and hiding and waiting for their percent to go up, he doesn’t need to, especially if he manages to get in some bairs. Their percentage will go so high that he can just poke them with a weak move for a KO eventually. Of course, this gives the Count plenty of time to get in grabs. Really, it’s anyone’s game.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Since my original comment was way more negative than necessary and utterly unhelpful, I decided to go back and edit it, with a more constructive tone.

This time I'll start with the good. The Count is certainly self-consistent in his fighting style, disgusting tentacled attacks, and not only do you introduce a great concept with the Up Special, you make the most out of it with your tilts and smashes. There were great interactions there, and they worked out very well. Zondark is also one of the most ambitious mechanics I've seen in a character, and considering just how easy it would have been to screw it up, they play together very well, reliant on each other yet still remaining in the realm of playability.

The concept of focusing on the pummel for his kills was a great idea that I felt fell in execution. While his grab may have been mediocre, moves like the Side Special Smash seem to detract from his playstyle more than they add. You already had introduced the idea of having to fight through his grab in order to play well, having a relatively easy way around it through this smash felt like it hurt the whole concept of his grab. On first readthrough it seemed much more broken than it actually is, but I would have much preferred if he could grab immediately after hitting him, rather than while he was encased in the bubble. That doesn't even make much sense.

On Zondark, I feel that the big mistake you made with him was in your description of his AI as being clumsy and attacking with laggy moves. This set would have flowed so much better if he had a more helpful AI; if he automatically used his Jab and Side Special when you were preparing an attack to give you defense, or prioritized grabs, he could've been a lot better than he already was.

Finally, I wanted to apologize for the comment I left at first. I had gotten off on the wrong foot first reading your set and let that drive my commentary rather than the set itself. It's a good, set, and even though its probably my least favorite set of yours, it was still ambitious and did things I'd never seen in MYM before. Good Job.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
So. We've got the Count up. And honestly, I'm disappointed.
As am I that he's so poorly recieved. Anyway, I've replied to all this in the chat, but now I'm putting it out for the world to see.

First of all, you need to reread the work. There are several instance of just plain horrible grammar, especially in the match-up section. Other times moves aren't clear, like Zondark's down tilt not actually stating how long his ax pins them (it's there, but you state it very roundaboutly)
I did a good portion of the awkward writing when I was overly tired, such as the match-ups, which I honestly love and see little wrong with. Then again I'm immune to the grammar due to making the set and already knowing what everything does, and I absolutely HATE re-reading stuff. I was noticing some parts were looking a bit awkward and was doing a bit more work on it, but Smady only kept telling me how great it was, which made me release it.

Second of all, this guy is overpowered. I know this sounds like hypocrisy coming from the author of Nanoha, but really. That grab, besides being nightmare fuel, is incredible. Sure, its got a short range, but Zondark has a great grab. And he can grab with his Special Down Smash. And, to top it all off, while his grab may suck, he can totally ignore that with his Special Forward Smash, making that weakness entirely moot!
They can escape from the fsmash like a grab before he drags them to himself, meaning that it doesn't work until high percents. Special dsmash is highly punishable. And if there's any further doubt, there's the part about controlling two guys at once, which you elaborate on below.

Second of all, this guy is incredibly difficult to play as. Having to micromanage two characters at once, with no way to control the other's movement while as another makes this guy a nightmare to play against anyone with any sort of mobility. Sure, he can use Zandork's Side Special and Jab as a defensive wall, but who wants to constantly have to change Zandork's position. In your own words, if you don't control him he'll randomly throw out laggy attacks. Does anyone want to deal with that? The way you make it sound, if I'm not constantly shepherding him around, he's gonna leave me to go play aggressively, which he can't.
Smeh. Perhaps I shouldn't of made Zondark's AI so stupid, but then again, he's overpowered, right? Yes, I'm fully aware they're incredibly difficult to play as. So was Ryuk. The Count doesn't really have to move around all that much, so he's perfectly to content to just leave Zondark in place.

On the other hand, controlling two characters at once is an idea doomed from the start. Seriously, the fact that it came out at all playable is something you should be lauded for.
I felt extremely intimidated as I wrote that Neutral Special and considered dropping the moveset right there, but I honestly like how it turned out. That said, I could've made a much simpler moveset if I'd left Zondark out, but I wanted to be daring. Nobody had ever successfully done controlling two characters at once before.

And then there's the fact that he can sacrifice Zandork to become a better version of him (who still sucks), or he can destroy him to get back half of his health. Both of those options are sadistic in how they leave you struggling for KO's, and are hard stock limits, which I've seen you rag on before.
Again, he's overpowered, right? Make up your mind. You keep giving reasons for why he'd be UNDERpowered. I also fail to see how mind controlled Zondark sucks so much (Aside from a lack of an ability to KO).

Also, this character is completely indecipherable. Nothing about him makes sense to me, which is only compounded when you have moves so dependent on my knowledge of his universe like Behelit. On other issues, there doesn't seem to be any real differentiation between Special and regular Smashes, and two of them are vomit based. Ew.
Oh no. One move is in-universe. How terrible. I thought if it'd be bashed for anything, it'd be for the prop-ish nature of it (Which the moveset is entirely void of otherwise). I've already told you that the two sets of smashes are nothing alike in the chat. You're determined to utterly hate this set. Haven't you already bashed the writing style?

I think you and Smash Daddy are the only people familiar with him
I think you're the only person familiar with the character posted on the last page.

Not to say there aren't good elements of the set. The Up Special is quite clever, and one of the most interesting recoveries to throw into a character's playstyle. And indeed, he is in no way short of playstyle, even if I don't like the style you've created.
Something positive? Really? The Up Special semi-mechanic is indeed one of the things I'm most proud of and it got around how incredibly awkward it'd be to have the Count use aerials. It's making me wish all the more I'd just made a moveset for the Count himself, not "The Count, Zondark, and friends".

I sure as hell wouldn't want to play a lot of my own movesets, much less my favorites movesets made by others. If the playstyle is unique and flows, so be it, which you've admitted to.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
THE COUNT: Wow. Just wow. MW, I ****ing love this moveset. You made it to beat Sloth and all your other great sets this contest, and you delivered in my eyes. Great detail, great interaction, brilliant Specials and Grab, it's just one of the best sets ive read all contest. Im just going to read through the rest of zondark since i wanted to write up this comment first, but i can tell he's got effort put into in him.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
The Count: So like meanie said, The Count is certainly a character who's difficult to play with, what with having to control 2 characters at once (& having to deal with their AI as well). I love the various ways in which his attacks change or interact with him once he turns his lower half to slime and rises up, allowing him a substitute for aerials (& for jumping in general, since he sucks at it). Both the Count and zondark have many alternate grab moves, typical of a Warlord set, but in this case, The Count's pummel is the only way he can score KOs other than the unlikely case of a gimp.

While the individual moves themselves mostly consist of slimy tentacles and vomiting slime, kind of channeling Acid Seaforce in a way, there are some genuinely creative attacks such the special forward smash (the special smashes were a nice touch for a ground-based character who lacks aerials and throws, btw). I can only assume that this set is 100% true to character, since I know next to nothing about Berserk. As for the balance, I disagree with meanie completely. I think that The Count leans a tiny bit towards underpowered, with his pummel being his only KO option and both him and zondark being large enough to be comboed to ridiculous percents.

Overall, I like this set a lot, I'd easily say that this is a close second to Sloth imo. :bee:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
So! Five hours and two comments. This isn't horrible, but it could be a lot better. In any case, The Count is an impressive set, and one that it's all the worse to give little reception to.

I want to ogle and throw up on this moveset at the same time. I haven't read much of Berserk at all (Just half of the first book after you mentioned the moveset in the chat), but... yeah, it was totally messed up. You've greatly translated the most messed up character of all into Smash. Moves like the grab and final smash are the kind of disaster porn one would hope for in this set.

Reading through this set originally, I thought it was broken due to the grab being an insta-KO at a rather low percentage... But then I realized how difficult it is to shepherd around the joke tier soldier, especially when he's pretty much necessary to use. He would probably still end up in high tier for all this casualf*g knows, but it's nowhere near as bad of a problem as darth meanie claims.

The moveset's a little dense and difficult to read at times, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as, say, my Krow, and it may have something to do with how complex the attacks are. This may be a problem in itself, but it also may be because the attacks are just so unlike anything described before, like the Up Special (Which I love). Writing style's a b*tch in any case.

...And yeah. What do I have to criticize, really? There's a lot to praise here. The sheer originality and raw playstyle is astounding. Moves like the Up B and.. pretty much every other move are amazingly unique without being comically unfeasible. If I had a "Wizzerd's Seal of Excellence", I would use it, but for now:

+1 Super Vote

Smady

Smash Master
The Count: I am, of course, ecstatic to see a Berserk moveset, let alone from a respected MYMer like you, Warlord. I recommend picking up the manga if at all interested by this moveset – it’s a true classic and absolutely one of my favourite stories written, if very violent and disturbing at times.

Anyway, firstly I commend your use of bolding, layout and musical headers. It’s a more coherent effort than your past movesets and the moveset is easily-navigated. That’s pretty obvious stuff, though. Readability is, in my opinion, top-notch – you don’t mince your words: you are precise. Writing style is a big talking point here, for reasons I can relate to, but I think it’s mainly in the concept of The Count being so wickedly complex that it demands a very difficult method of writing. Grammar aside, I feel it’s adequate.

Onto the crux of the moveset, the meaty mechanics and moves themselves! I really do love it – the grab playstyle is one that you really are a master with and you express yourself well here. The whole mechanic reminds me of Joker’s grab game a lot, but far less lop-sided and, like The Count in general, very balanced. It’s impressive how balanced the character is considering the massive amount of variables that are in there. The match-up and playstyle is expectedly wonderful.

The inclusion of Zondark, no aerials, no throws, no extras, it’s a big departure from your norm and I again praise your bravery for taking such a massive leap. I feel you were successful in implementing one of the few fully tag-reliant team movesets in this MYM; it is arduous at best to create one of these. You pull it off well, though. Of particular merit are the move interactions in Zondark’s moveset considering when he is taken over by The Count.

As a fan of Berserk, I can say this is an extremely on-the-mark moveset and deserves all scrutiny therein; this is the The Count, plain and simple. I’m probably biased, but this moveset’s flaws read like cliff notes. Kind of awkward writing style, a little complicated, maybe hard to understand and it’s all about connecting the dots in obvious ways. I digress, though – I can’t empathise with those foreign to Berserk, so maybe I’m missing something.

It’s certainly not perfect and I’m sure many will feel I praise The Count here far too often, but I feel it deserves a second chance after a rocky early reception. I feel it’s definitely up there with your best – perhaps next to Dingodile and below Sloth. It is certainly making me re-consider my votes, as far away as that prospect is. Fantastic job, Warlord.

Oh, and sorry on the no comment, peeup - ran out of time. I'll edit one into this post later.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Slimer: I'm truely finding it hard to look past the myriad grammatical mistakes here. It really gets in the way of me understanding/enjoying the set.
The moveset behind the words is probably one of the greatest in MYM6, but that doesn't matter because you constantly stumbled over your own words trying to explain it to us.

The Count is a far cry from your controlled delivery in Sloth, the genuine excitement you showed in Tycoon, the iconic simplicity of your punch out trio.
The ideas are there, but the execution just feels rushed and uncentered.

--------------------

Here, have an example of your bad grammarz; the Up-Special

The Count’s lower half turns to slime, then starts rapidly extending upward (You control the horizontal movement) triple Ganondorf’s height, propelling up his upper half.

#1 The "(you control the horizontal movement) triple Ganondorf's height" interrupts the vital flow of the sentence;
#2 "propelling up his upper half" has too many 'p' sounds too close together. "propelling the Count himself skywards" would probably work better

"The Count's lower half turns to slime, and rapidly extends skywards, pushing the Count himself up as it extends. Minor horizontal movement is also possible during this recovery by tilting the analogue stick left or right.
The slime extends up to triple Ganondorf's height, which is a respectable distance by any standard."

Once he’s gotten to the maximum height, the slime near instantly un-extends and comes back to the Count’s upper half, turning back into his normal bottom half, then goes into helpless.

This entire sentence is nightmarish.
#1 "he's" is the abbreviated form of "he is", not "he has"
#2 "Once he’s gotten to the maximum height" would flow better if the slime was the focus of the sentence. "Once the slime has extended as far as it will go"
#3 "the slime near instantly"; "near instantly" is awkward in this context and can be shortened to "swifty"
#4 "un-extends and comes back to the Count's upper half" is a horribly roundabout way of saying "snaps back to the Count"
#5 "turning back into his normal bottom half" is not needed, at all. Especially as it needlessly lengthens the sentence.
#6 "then goes into helpless" is not only in a different tense to the rest of the sentence, it also implies that only the slime base enters helpless.

"Once the slime-base has extended as far as it will go, it swiftly snaps back to the count, leaving him in midair and in the helpless state too."

You can easily sweetspot a ledge with this to end the move early and this all happens pretty fast, but this has no hitbox. Hitting the Count’s main body with a melee attack ends the move early, but hitting the slime won’t hurt the Count at all.

1# consider switching "this all happens pretty fast" and "You can easily sweetspot a ledge with this to end the move early " around.
2# "but this has no hitbox" should be the start of the next sentence
3# Since the Count was mentioned earlier in the sentence, and is the only noun in the sentence you can attach a pro-noun to, "won't hurt the Count at all" should be "won't hurt him at all"

"This all happens pretty quickly and you can even sweetspot the ledge with this to end the move earlier. However, this move has no hitbox and the Count can be knocked out of it if an attack hits him. Thankfully, attacks to his slime base have no effect on the Count."

While a respectable recovery, the move is also absolutely essential to the Count’s ground game. If used there, you can tilt up and down to manually to extend out and retract the slime under the Count as much as you please (The maximum you can go up is double Ganon’s height), the Count still being treated as if he were on the ground, able to use all the usual button inputs. This is a great way to get the Count’s main body up and out of harm’s way.

#1 "If used there" should be "if used on the ground"
#2 "you can tilt up and down" is awkward. Consider "you can use the analogue stick" instead
#3 "under the Count" is not neccessary here
#4 "the Count still being treated as if he were on the ground, able to use all the usual button inputs" drags an already monstrous sentence on far too long.
#5 In the final sentence "main body" is not neccessary.

"While it is a respectable recovery, using it on the ground is where this move truely shines.
If used on the ground, you can manually control the slime with the analogue stick, allowing you to extend and retract it as you please. Since the Count is still technically connected to the ground via his slime base, he can use all his ground moves from atop this makeshift podium.
This is an excellent way to get the Count out of harm's way, and decent compensation for the fact he has no aerial attacks."

Edit: I mostly agree with Rool on the positive aspects of the moveset. Hell, It's a kickass set once you claw your way past the butchered writing.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I love The Count. I just flat-out love him. It's a brilliant, brilliant set, and possibly my favorite of yours ever.

Let's count all the things that are good about him:

1) The sparse organization. It's so minimalistic and uses dark shades - it's perfect. As with Dingodile, it allows us to project our own idea of the character onto the moveset, and I see this incredibly malevolent force that deals in deceit and insanity. This guy oozes character, so much of it. Excellent, even if it's probably not deliberate.

2) That playstyle. I don't even have to say anything here; it's a moveset that allows you to control two characters at once. It's like an evolution of Ice Climbers, and of all the MYM movesets to rip them off, going all the way back to Plusle and Minun and Cortex & Tiny. Thing is, you do for this playstyle what you did for ranged heavyweights in Sloth; you take it and imbue it with interactivity. This is really a make-your-own-playstyle kind of set where almost every attack fits together with another, or several others. Zondark as a character is lame, but that's okay, because everything he does has a purpose when taken in the grand scheme of things.

3) Slime-based playstyle, I adore it. I've always had a thing for movesets based around some unconventional element, and you do for slime what Kibble did for ribbons and MT did for blood - it's like Acid Seaforce, but much more focused on what it does. All of the slime attacks are brilliant but never get too nuts.

4) There's the other thing, The Count doesn't get too crazy. I imagined going in that he'd be like Al or Ryuk, an uber-complex set that all the noobs (;)) would go nuts over and I'd be left saying "Bah, humbug." Not so; the ideas here are really quite simple. Many of them are the natural progression of things you've done in many sets. The grab mechanic recalls Joker. The body shape change reminds me of Envy. The duo mechanic is like Klump & Krusha or especially Cortex & Tiny in how interactive it is. There are multiple grabs, like your Punch Out sets. There are attacks that seal the opponent in a vessel, like Dimentio's Boom Box. There's a dash attack that causes Zondark to fall. There's a complicated OHKO move, like Ryuk. This is basically the culmination of the Warlord mythos, and it fuses everything that's good about your movesets into one glorious entity.​

The writing style is something I got used to; it seems strangely fitting that such a vile character would be so difficult to read. It made me reread the same attacks several times and made the pay-off all the better when I realized how it worked; take that Up Special, for instance. I adore this attack and all the interactions you have with it. It seems you've learned from your mistakes; interactions are best when kept simple and functional. It makes perfect sense for his projectiles to be more dangerous if he's at a higher elevation off of the ground. It all fits.

There are flaws, of course. Being the ultimate Warlord set, it has all the ultimate Warlord problems - too many grabs, Counticide, tough writing style, rather flavorless playstyle section - but these all seem charming here rather than glaring. The only two complaints I can level against you are for Zondark's rather boring main moveset which feels like it was trying too hard to be interesting, and for the choice of music. NINTENDO VILLAINS, GREATEST HITS? Fascinating. At least you've got some E Nomine in there, even if it's right at the end.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The Count

Epic! Loved it loved it loved it!

So yeah...controlling 2 characters at once? You mean the thing I sorta simulated with Bass and Treble in MYM5? Well you one-upped me and made it literally controlling two characters with one controller xD Seriously though, I loved the ways the 2 guys helped each other out with their various hard-wired interactions and their indirect assistances such as simply grabbing with Zondark so that the count can grab them himself. This just sounds like a really fun guy(s) to play.

Like Rool said, the indvidual moves (or the Count's at least) were brimming with creativity without feeling too crazy to digest. It's kinda like Kit's Gligar moveset in that way, each move combines several basic concepts into a unique take on those concepts. Even stuff like his jab or Utilt were really fun just because of the animation (That fasto can spin around? LOL). Deciding to exclude aerials was a gutsy move, and I have to give you made props (oh noes! props!) for giving him "special smashes" to make up for it. Special Down Smash was one of my absolute favorite moves ever. :bee:

Really, this set is just plain epicness to me. It could quite possibly top Sloth in my eyes. I REALLY need to get another set out someday if I hope to compete with this stuff xD.
Well okay, there will be a for-fun set on Sunday..

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
The Count: Makes me want to read the actual manga just to see who this guy is, this moveset is filled with lo's of creativity, well I felt the down smash not so much, but still very fun set. The pictures caught my attention very well, but the up special one looked kinda. . . . .. The pummel looks like he is ****** him, but isn't five seconds a very large amount of time, and will require a large amount of damage to even hold the opponent that long. This set was great, but I think The Zondark felt not as creative as The Count, but I see no problem there.

This paragraph most likely is hard to read seeing I'm up so late.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
After giving Count another read, turns out I don't hate it nearly as much as I originally did. Once I got past the painful writing style, it turned out to be a set full of some great ideas and, like the others said, one of your better sets.

I still say Sloth is superior to this but I suppose the votes will tell the true answer to that one...

*saves the thread from page 2*

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Shameless plug time!

Yeah. I promise this one is coming out. So far I've gotten some good progress on him, but don't expect him til about October 25th.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Warning! Challenger Approaching......

"The point is, you are alive when they start to eat you."​

- Dr. Alan Grant
June 11, 1993

The terrifyingly swift, cunning and lethal predators of Jurassic Park join the Brawl!

The Velociraptors (Raptors for short) are medium sized therapods, about as big as dogs. To up the action however, the creators of Jurassic Park blew them up to human-size, to make them an even scarier monster for the films, and they are the Raptor's we see here in Brawl.

According to the films, the Velociraptors are smarter than some primates and dolphins, having a complex social structure and advanced learning ability. Combine that with their super-athletic prowess and claws, they make for the ultimate predator! They bring these talents to the Smash Bros battlefield, being able to call for backup and strategize with a pack of fellow Raptors, being able to effortlessly chase prey down across the stage with unparalleled mobility, and shred foes to pieces with their fearsome claws and attitude.

SPECIAL MECHANIC: PACK LEADER

The Raptor you play takes the role as the leader of the Raptor pack. This allows you to use your Down Special to call upon pack members to come to your aid, and use Side Special to set them to do a special attack, go into an "aggressive" stance, or "defensive" stance. The changes in stances have special properties with your throws, and have the other Raptors do certain attacks more often. Choose your behavior wisely if you want to take down your prey.

This will be explained in more detail in the Playstyle, Specials and Throw sections.

SIZE: 7.5/10

The Raptors are each about the Height of Captain Falcon, and about as long as Charizard. They have light frames however, and are not really as bulky as one would expect for a larger character, making hitting them sometimes a bit odd.

WEIGHT 3/10

Raptors are related to birds, and as such have hollow bones. Unfortunately for them, this makes them fairly light, between ZSS and Fox's weights to get technical.

This is mainly for balancing purposes however, seeing as they would be a bit too much as a pack of Heavyweights.

MOVEMENT 10/10

What the Raptors lack in power and bulk, they more than make up for in speed.

Being light and powerful hunters, they can easily run down prey at about the same speed as Captain Falcon, and jump after flying adversaries as fast as Wario cut thought the wind air. Speaking of aerial movement, their jumps are also impressive, being a reverse of Yoshi's jumps, with their first jump being able to match his flutter jump, and their second only being about as good as Yoshi's 1st jump. Speaking of jumps, the Raptors can wall jump, and crouch to about 1/3rd their height. They cannot crawl though...

With this extreme mobility, you would think they would be able to chase opponents with ease. This is partly true, but they do have some drawbacks in that off stage, they fall just a tad slower than Falco, with a lackluster 2nd jump, this could spell trouble. Having such a huge grounded jump can also be a blessing and a curse. Sure, you can probably clear battlefield in a hop, but at the rate you fly you can easily miss opponents, and when you land you suffer a quarter second of lag as you steady yourself.

ATTACK SPEED 7/10

The Raptors have fast attacks when they come out, especially their tilts. What truly neuters this stat is that a lot of attacks last a while, even though they come out quick, and that their smash attacks have some lag to them.

PRIORITY 5.5/10

Claws are nice, putting them slightly ahead of the rest of the cast, but every move also involves a chance of being hit themselves, seeing as the claws are only so big, and they are not disjointed. This shouldn't stop them from getting through most physical attacks such as punches, however.

POWER 2/10

As a Velociraptor, your motto is "be quick, or be dead". This reflects their playstyle in smash, having only 3 moves that do over 12% in a single hit. Instead of bringing down the foe in a few strong moves, they focus on "death by 1000 cuts", being phenomenal damage rackers.

RANGE 6/10

The attacks they wield vary in range from just in front of them to an attack bigger than themselves! However, averaging them out, their attack range is just above the norm, having their talons and claws shoot out whenever they have the chance.

Overall, the Raptors are very fast, agile, ferocious, big and...light weight, with little power behind their blows. This makes for an odd style for such a large character, zooming in and out of combat to whittle down an opponent before closing in for a kill.

MISC. ANIMATIONS

Probably the most unexciting part to read, but it needs to be done. The basics are what you would expect if you have watched their films, when they walk they bob their heads lightly, they take up a more steady stride while running, and dashing has them lowering themselves as they sprint forward at high speeds, similar to Yoshi, but with more graceful strides.

When they aren't running about in search of prey, they stand still, head up, alert and bobbing lightly as they scan their surroundings. If left idle, they will shake their head and blink, giving off a little bark to one another as if bored.

ENTRANCE

At the start of the match, a small patch of tall grass about as tall as Falco is seen with a tail waving in it. Suddenly, the Raptor explodes out of it with a shriek, having it's claws and teeth exposed to the camera as it lands. The grass disappears the moment the Raptor leaps from it.

TAUNTS

To start, Up Taunt has the Raptor bow forward toward the camera for a moment with it's eyes closed, starting a low growl, then thrusts it's head upwards with a loud shriek, shaking it's head lightly side to side.

Side Taunt is the classic Raptor warning. The Raptor takes a step back, lowering it's whole body as it's tail raises up and waves menacingly, and it hisses and claws the air in front of it, sure to scare any would-be enemy.

(when you are the T-Rex, your arms flare to the sides as you lower and do a low roar, shaking your head side to side)

The Down Taunt now has the Raptor slowly rise up, body facing the camera slightly as the head stays fixated ahead, getting about as tall as Ganondorf and angrily growling, nostrils flaring and eyes narrowing in a display of sheer ferocity.

WIN/LOSS POSES

The Raptors' loss pose has the trio together, with the lead Raptor in between the two. The two Raptors will growl and nip at their defeated Leader, as the Leader then snarls back angrily, making swipes at them. This bickering loops for as long as the results screen is up.

Their 1st win pose has a Raptor far in the back, behind where 4th place players would be, then do a giant leap forward, shrieking toward the camera as it follows the leap. It then lands bowing forward and growling, tail up and waving and talons extended in a fierce display.

The next win pose has a Raptor running back and forth between players, chasing down a Compy (see EXTRAS). it will then go off screen to the right and come back with a tail sticking from it's mouth, and looking toward the camera in it's neutral pose as if nothing has happened.

Their 3rd win pose has the lead Raptor in center stage as it Calls for Help. Two Raptors will then either leap from the sides of the screen or from behind losing players. They then will all look about, snarling and ready for action.

DOWN SPECIAL: CALL FOR HELP

This is definitely the most important special maneuver in your arsenal, a call for backup from your pack! To begin, you sling your head up to the sky and let off two distinct, held barks. The barks last for .75 seconds, but you are vulnerable for a full second, so be careful when you call for assistance.

This then will alert your nearby pack members that you need help, and they will rush to assist their leader, sneaking into the fray from all sorts of places on the stage (Full stage list here) No matter the stage, it always takes 1 second after the barks end for the Raptor to appear on stage, and when they do they have 2 seconds of invulnerability. You can have up to 2 Raptors at a time, and they have your same moves and stats, save the Grab and Side/Down Specials. These Raptors will behave as if they are teamed lvl 5 Raptors, wandering the stage and occasionally attacking foes, until a command is ushered by you in the form of your Side Special, or a Throw.

It is important to note that each Raptor only has 30% stamina before it will "fall", making commanding them and acting as a unit pivotal to your game unless you want to spend an eternity sending your pack members to the slaughter. On the reverse, if you are to lose a stock, Raptors will stay on the field, and revert to a neutral stance, not attacking and just walking around, being vulnerable themselves.

SPECIFIC MOVE CHANGES:

GRAB: The Summoned Raptor's grab is replaced with a bite attack that can only be done against "downed" (tripped state) opponents. This is essentially a quick grab with 3 pummels, resulting in 6%, it however can lead to interesting followups as the opponent is forced to grab-release.

SIDE B: Their new Side Special "Pounce" has the Raptor leap forward for about the distance of Wolf's Fsmash with a shriek, legs up in the air as they slam their prey to the ground. Once on the ground, the Raptor will bite twice for 4%, then stand on the opponent, pinning them down with a foot for half a second before the opponent auto-releases. This acts as a grab and can be mashed out of, but is the near perfect set-up for the Raptors to get free damage.

DOWN B: "Stealth Strike". This move is probably the best mind-game in Brawl for what it does. The Raptor growls, "hiding" as it becomes invisible and unhittable for 5 seconds. After the 5 second window is up, it will appear behind the nearest opponent to yourself , launching forward with it's talons and claws out for about the distance of Falcon Kick, and going about as fast. If it hits, it will do a hefty 17%, and quite decent KB as the Raptor lands a surprise attack. Luckily, it is quite easy to see coming in that the Raptors have an obvious animation for both going into, and performing the attack. On top of that, the lead Raptor must command them to do it with Side B. The key to this move for both players involved is timing, try different set-ups to see if you can land this on your prey.

OVERALL: "Pecking Order"
The summoned Raptors also experience a -.5% damage nerf to all their attacks. This means an attack like their Fair will go from 13% to 9.5%. Not exactly noticable, but it helps to keep these predators in line when it comes to taking the kill from their leader.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
There is a 1 in 1000 chance that instead of another Velociraptor, a YOSHI will pop out instead! The Yoshi is invulnerable, and will spam it's taunts for 5 seconds while it's victory music plays. After that, it will do a massive flutter-jump off screen.

THERE YA GO SUNDANCE!

SIDE SPECIAL: SHRIEK

The second staple move in your arsenal, Shriek has two important functions: control of your enemy, and control of your pack. Similar to your Side Taunt, the Raptor will rear it's head back just slightly and stretch out it's claws, unleashing a loud shriek, along with some "sound wave" visual effects, showing it's range of about MK's Fair. If a foe is in this sound wave, they become frightened, like with Ganondorf's Final smash for up to 1 second, if you choose to hold the sound for the full half second. The Shriek as mentioned can be held for a half second, and has very tiny beginning and ending lag, yet it is block-able and dodge-able at the moment it comes out.

Now, this is a nice feature in itself to be able to immobilize foes with fear, but there is another feature of the shriek that is attuned to your pack: Pitch. Pitch is performed by tilting the control stick up or down while performing the move. This creates a higher or lower sounding call, and commands the Raptors to enter "stances".

High Pitch (hold up): Defensive Stance.

Defensive stance has the Raptors follow you around exclusively, ignoring opponents unless they deliberately attack them or yourself. While in defensive mode, they use their Specials (sans Stealth Strike) more often than standard attacks to control players and setup the pack for more vicious attacks. They shield and dodge a lot to prevent you from being hit, but rarely attack unless they themselves are hit.​

Low Pitch (hold down): Aggressive Stance.

Raptors will actively hunt down opponents nearest them in this stance, much like how they stick to your side in Defensive, relying more on standard attacks and smashes, as well as their Grab Attack to rack up damage, and even kill off opponents for you. They rarely defend themselves however, opting instead to throw out attacks near constantly.​

No Pitch (hold forward): Stealth Strike

Holding forward simply tells the Raptor(s) to do their Stealth Strike attack mentioned earlier. Be sure to time this right for the perfect ambush attack!

After a stealth strike is performed, Raptors that performed it will go back to a neutral stance, and must be commanded again if you wish to go into a different stance.​

NEUTRAL SPECIAL: PRIMAL FURY

Primal Fury involves the Raptor using it's nasty disposition to it's advantage. To start, the Raptor will take a quarter-second to slowly bow forward just slightly, growling menacingly with it's tail upwards a bit and legs apart. It will then flash red, maintaining the growling for as long as B is held down, and gain 15% worth of super-armor (This means only attacks doing 15% or more in 1 hit can break it). If hit while maintaining this state, the Raptor will gain fury in the form of added damage (seen by a smoking aura like DK has with a fully charged Punch).

For every hit the Raptor receives, it will gain +.5% damage to every attack it does for the next 5 seconds (up to 5 hits, or 2.5% buff max). This may seem small, but keep in mind that Raptor's attacks hit multiple times, and each hit will be buffed. Making a single attack like say, Fair (hits 7 times) from 13% to 16.5%! Be careful of how you use this ability however, while great for mindgaming opponents into stopping their spammy moves, smash attacks will plow right through it, and KB you. You are also immobile and vulnerable to grabs in this state, being held in it for a half second minimum (total lag of 3/4 seconds). In short, this is a pretty risky, yet rewarding move, in that while you take damage, it allows you to dish incredible amounts right back.

UP SPECIAL: RAPTOR LEAP

With a quick motion (about as fast as their normal jump), the Raptor takes off to the skies with a shriek, looking up and claws extended as if reaching for extra distance. If the Raptor hits an opponent while on the way up (about the distance of Falcon Dive), the Raptor will grab onto him/her as they both stop midair. From here, the Raptor will then bite the opponent for 5%, before foot-stooling them downwards. This behaves exactly like a normal footstool, both for the Raptor and the opponent.

If an opponent isn't in the way, after reaching the apex, the Raptor will let out another quick bark and swing it's body forward to rake opponents with it's teeth, talons and claws. These act as sustained hitboxes that do very light KB, and 2% each. This is more or less for annoyance towards possible attackers, and acts as their free fall. The hitboxes cover a large area, but have pitiful priority, hitting a Raptor out of this state acts the same as hitting an opponent out of free fall.

The leap, combined with it's decent second jump and air speed give the Raptors a respectable recovery. Aside from that however, it's shared animation with your normal jumps can sneak it cleverly in to your ground game, setting up footstools for yourself and your pack.

JAB COMBO: MESOZOIC MANGLER

This is a 3 part combo. To begin, the Raptor takes a swipe just in front of it for about the length of it's head (Kirby) very quickly, taking about a tenth of a second, and doing 2%. Next, it will slash it's opposite claw, as well as take a nip at the opponent with a small step forward with a snarl to extend the range, doing 2% and 3% damage, taking just a tad bit longer than the 1st hit. To finish off the string, it will bark and do a small hop off the leg it stepped forward with, lifting the other leg forward to stab foes with it's talon at the same time as jutting it's claws and teeth out, taking twice as long as the 1st jab, but doing hits of 1, 1, 2, and 3%! (7%) Each hit has near negligible KB, and will take the Raptor about half a body length forward. This is a great combo starter due to it's speed, range and separation to create jab cancels.

DASH ATTACK: RAPTOR KICK

After a running start, the Raptor will jump forward about a body length with a screech, turning to the side slightly and extending the leg opposite to camera outwards, for about the length of Link's sword and hitting foes with their talon for a decent 8% and moderate KB. A basic move, having very little start-up lag, but slight landing lag akin to when they do a full jump.

UP TILT: TOOTH AND NAIL

Rearing back and turning toward the camera, the Raptor will swiftly nip at the sky, while slashing with it's claw facing camera in a small arc about the size of Squirtle, hitting opponents twice for 3% and 2% respectively, and doing light KB. The move is very fast, only taking about one 5th of a second, and is a supreme juggler or anti-air thanks to the reach.

F TILT: TALON RAKE

The Raptor turns slightly towards the camera, and lifts the leg facing the opponent up and rakes it's talon forward for about the range of Falcon's utilt (takes about the same amount of time too), minus the upwards part. This rake hits twice, each time for 5% on the upper and lower part of the swing and light Knockback. It is essentially a longer range, more damaging alternative to your Jabs.

DOWN TILT: SPARKING CLAW

Wait, sparks? Yes, sparks. Using their supreme intellect, they have discovered that when they swiftly slash the hard floor with their Talons, sparks fly! As mentioned, they straighten up slightly, and face away from camera, raking their foot across the floor for about the same range as Ness' Dtilt, and taking about twice as long. This 1st hit does about 4% and light KB, however coming from that slash is a shower of sparks the size of Kirby, doing 5 hits totaling an extra 5% for the tilt, and A LOT of hit-stun. This is a bit of a weird move, having a lot of priority and hit-stun, but little range and KB even for the Raptors. Try and use it to give your pack time to land an attack, or just add some extra damage.

UP SMASH: JURASSIC FLIP

The Raptor lowers ever so slightly, growling under it's breath as it starts the move (charge period). After that brief moment, it will let out a quick bark as it does a back flip, first hitting opponents with it's tail/body (5-7%), and then shooting those powerful legs up for about 1.5 Ganondorfs, impaling aerial foes with it's deadly talons for 13-17%!

This is a great vertical killer, as well as a good spacer due to it's two big hitboxes, and low starting lag. The lower one (the weaker hit) is pretty much the whole Raptor. The high one is a sweetspot at the talons, so be sure to hit foes with them for that great power.

Given it's speed and range, it does have one downfall: If you miss, you face a good third-second of end lag as you land from the flip, so make sure you hit.

F SMASH: RAVENOUS REACH

Bowing it's head and raising it's claws in preparation (charge period), the Raptor Shrieks wildly and takes a big step forward (about the range of Mario's Fsmash) as it's body turns sideways, both biting and clawing at the enemy at once for some impressive damage! (3-5% per claw, 7-10% for the bite)

This is a terrific move for punishment due to it's range and low lag on either end, on top of that, the hitbox lingers for about a quarter-second, just long enough punish some dodges! This is not without disadvantages however, this smash has relatively low KB, comparable to Wolf's. Stale moves also hurt this a lot due to it's multi hit nature, when every part of it is decreased by 1%, you lose triple the damage compared to other smash attacks. Be sure to use this sparingly and wisely, and the opponent will truly feel the pain.

DOWN SMASH: DEATH-PENDULUM

The Raptor enters the pose it takes just before jumping: bent at the knees slightly looking up a bit (charge period). After that brief moment, it will then hop upwards (same speed as it's normal jump) with a shriek, and at the apex sweep it's legs downwards in a swift motion below itself, it's talons even creating sparks as they slash the stage! After the swipe, it will then fall a short distance and suffer the same landing lag from a full leap.

This is an impressive killer, albeit with an odd range of Wolf's Dsmash in a downwards arc as tall as Pikachu. Like most Dsmashes, it hit's twice having the front hitbox do 13-17% and high KB, and the rear doing about 12-16%, but with slightly more KB than the 1st hit. Having good range with some power is a great asset as a Raptor, but Pendulum has the nasty downside of lag on both ends. Make sure to time this killer right to end your hunt successfully.

NEUTRAL AIR: TALON LUNGE

The Raptor curls its body forward slightly, bringing it's legs up to near it's jaw before swiftly bringing them down in an arc about the size of Link's Ftilt This is a fairly quick move, only taking half a second total in front of and below itself, and hits twice for 7% each hit. It also does moderate KB, making it one of the Raptor's more useful aerials for spacing and even potentially KO'ing due to the nice combo of decent KB and Damage for a Raptor attack.​

FORWARD AIR: SAVAGE SWIPES

Speaking of decent damage, Savage Swipes may be the most damaging move a Raptor possesses in it's arsenal. Leaning forward as if trying to lunge through the air, the Raptor lashes out with it's claws and teeth, making 2 swipes with each claw for 1%, and 3 bites for 3% (total: 13%), and going about the distance of G&W's Turtle forward, and taking about the same time as Yoshi's Bair. Combined with little KB, this is a staple damage-racker, and downright scary if a Raptor is full of fury.

BACK AIR: RAPTOR-REFLEX

Their fastest aerial, coming out at 1/10 of a second, the Raptor will whip around to the pose of their free fall, doing the same damage for a moment, but with an added hitbox of their tail as it whips around them for about half their body length, doing 5% and Moderate KB. The hitbox lasts for half a second, acting as their free fall before going to neutral, in the direction they turned to. This allows for some possible extended followups as you could switch from a Bair to any other aerials.​

UP AIR: PREDATORY GRASP

Looking up, it will take a swift bite at any opponents above it, in a small arc facing the camera, doing about 5% and moderate KB. That is the standard juggle part of their Uair, now for the more vicious: as they do the bite, they will also swipe their claws upwards above their heads for 2% and light KB to help juggle, then quickly downwards across their body, as if trying to bring opponents back down with them. This is a spike, yes, a spiking Uair. This portion of the attack does a hefty 8%, and HIGH KB downwards as the Raptor slams their prey back to the ground, or to their death offstage. While useful, it has very odd range, needing to hit with your torso after the 1st portion of the move, it may find better mileage as a juggling tool seeing as the hitboxes for that part are solid and have low lag (the spike has the same lag, but happens after), but never forget to try and bring foes back down to earth...

DOWN AIR: VELOCI-WHIP

Their final aerial, Veloci-whip is a very nice punisher, and one of the only tail attacks for them. The execution is simple enough, the Raptor turns clock-wise midair (counter clockwise if facing left), back to the camera for a moment as they sweep their tail quickly downwards in an arc, doing 4% and light KB, but with The same speed and range as the 1st hit of Ivysaur's Bair! This makes the whip an extremely good spacer, or combo move due to how well it can poke through defenses, and cover such a wide area in such a short amount of time. Be liberal with it however, your landing lag doubles if you land mid swipe.

GRAB/PUMMEL: FEEDING FRENZY

To grab, a Raptor will reach out with a bark for as far and as fast as their 1st jab. However, they swing each claw once, making the grab laggy, but dangerous to be near the whole time it is out.

Their pummel is rather simple. As the stand up a bit more, holding the opponent in front of them, pressing A or Z will have them bite at the opponent's face rapidly (think: Wolf's), doing about 2% per pummel.​

UP THROW: PLAYING WITH FOOD

The Raptor takes the opponent, and with a bark rolls onto it's back, launching the opponent upwards for a set height of Ganondorf above itself with it's powerful legs, and doing 4% as it then does it's get-up animation.

AGGRESSIVE:
When set to aggressive, Raptors chasing the opponent will immediately jump to intercept him/her with an aerial, most likely N or Fair as they become an easy target in the skies.

DEFENSIVE:
When set to defensive, the Raptors following you will spam their U Smash, Tilt or even U Air as a means to prevent an immediate counter strike to you as you get up.

DOWN THROW: BACK TO THE LAIR

Slamming the opponent down for 2%, you will then grab their legs as they do the panic animation (Bowser's Dthrow) and drag them about the length of a Battle Field platform backwards. They will then be released, taking another 2%, in their "laying" state, and will need to get up. You take the same amount of lag as a grab release from this, preventing most follow-ups if solo.

AGGRESSIVE:
An aggressive Raptor will use their grab the moment you begin to drag the opponent. If close enough, it will latch onto the other Den of the opponent, and you will both lift him/her up and begin a tug-of-war of sorts over the prey. While tugging, mash A to do more pummel damage to the opponent, as your pack member does the same. When the opponent eventually breaks free, they will fall as if they short-hopped, neither party suffering much, if any lag.

DEFENSIVE:
When set to defensive, your pack mates will follow you, then the moment before you release your opponent, activate and maintain Primal Fury until the opponent is out of range or attacks one of them. This should either prevent a get-up attack, or mind game them into rolling, so you can punish. A win-win strategy.​

F THROW: SECOND HELPING

Growling, you will grasp your opponent mid-pummel animation, and leap about a BF platform forward. Once slammed to the ground, it acts like a second grab-period, you tacking on an extra 2% from the slam, and being able to pummel again as the opponent tries to break free. Once they do, they face standard grab Release lag, and you must do your get-up animation.

Besides doubling your grab-time, it has one more quirk: if done directly on the edge, facing the edge, you will pounce off stage with your prey for a suicide KO. There is a saving grace for opponents however in that it still acts as a grab, and can be mashed out of Mid-Air, potentially turning the tables on the Raptor!

AGGRESSIVE:
Set to aggressive, the Raptors will rush forward once the prey is released, and perform their Dash Attack. A near inescapable hit!

DEFENSIVE:
After the release, the closest Raptor will perform their Side B, pinning down the opponent for further attacks by the pack, and preventing retaliation.

B THROW: FETCH

Grasping the opponent loosely, you spin around with a shriek, tossing him/her in the opposite direction for 3%, and moderate KB. You take very little lag from this however, being your quickest throw.

AGGRESSIVE:
After the toss, any nearby Raptor will immediately follow-up with either their Ftilt or Jab Combo as the opponent flies by. This keeps them in hit-stun and can lead to some strings if you decide to rush in to join the fray.

DEFENSIVE:
After the prey is launched, nearby Raptors on Defensive will perform Raptor Leap to snag the opponent Mid-Air and footstool them. Not only does this tack on some nice damage, but it is an amazing setup for a multitude of pack attacks.

JURASSIC FINALE

After breaking the smashball, you must get close to an opponent to activate, about the range Captain Falcon needs to be. Once within range, the camera will zoom in on you and your adversary (who is stuck in the fear animation) as you begin to wind up a vicious pounce, growling menacingly. You then will shriek loudly, making a mighty leap toward the opponent only to ...... stop short?

Something isn't right here. You look behind you only to be met by a mighty roar as you are slammed away by the massive head of:

The T-Rex stole your spotlight! (just like in that dang end scene...)
For the remainder of the Final Smash (or 15 seconds), you will be able to control this monster.

T-Rex stands a little shorter than Giga Bowser, but is about 1.5 times as long. Like him, he is immune to Knockback, but unlike him, he has a different moveset than his summoner.​

Side B: MIGHTY ROAR

The T-Rex will bend forward and unleash a screen-shaking, fear inducing roar across the entire area in front of him. The roar lasts for about a second and a half, and will paralyze players with fear for about 3 seconds.

This should be a good way to hold foes still.​

Down B: STOMP

T-Rex will lift his foot up, and roar as he brings it down onto the stage with a tremendous THUD, creating a shock-wave akin to DK, but covering an area 3/5th of FD and doing about 15%.

Up B: PREDATE

For his Up special, Tyrannosaurus will rear back with a roar, then lunge his head forward and clamp down towards the ground in front of him with a screen-shaking bite as he tries to consume any nearby opponents.

This move is scary: If he catches you in his jaws, you WILL LOSE A STOCK as he eats you (and gains 15% back). However, at 2 seconds of startup, it should be the most easily avoidable move in the game.

Neutral B: PRIMAL FURY

This move is unchanged from the Raptors

STANDARDS

The only moves he actually can use are the following:

JAB: He will swing his head swiftly like a club across the floor for about 10%, and taking about a quarter second. If A is pressed again, he will lunge forward after that for about his head length (bowser) and give a quick nip at opponents for 15% (same lag)

FTILT: Turning to the camera slightly, he will then lift a leg and rake his giant claws forward in an arc the size of two bowsers (both length and height wise) in front of him, and do a hefty 18%. This takes around .75 seconds to pull off.

FSMASH: Like the Raptors, he moves forward nearly half a body length with his initial lunge forward, and turns his head to the side as he takes a massive bite at the enemy! Also like the Raptors, he hits with both his jaws (a whopping 22-34%) and his claws. However, evolution hasn't gifted him with strong forelimbs, and they only do about 3-5% if you happen to be near them. Surprisingly, it has the same lag as the Raptor Fsmash

Everything else such as aerials or grabs he has lost, but having such long range and deadly moves, coupled with only having him for 15 seconds should easily get the job of annihilating the competition fairly easy.​

MISCELLANEOUS

The Jurassic Park Theme will play from the instant the T-Rex knocks you away, to the point where it leaves.

The T-Rex has 1 jump, and it is enough to land on the low BF platform.

He has the same taunts, but they are much louder and shake the screen. In fact, everything the T-Rex does shakes the screen except Primal Fury.

After the 15 seconds are up, the screen will zoom in on the T-Rex as he walks out of frame. The Raptor will then jump out of the background and shriek angrily at the T-Rex, before the game goes back to normal.

You will not lose a stock doing this (even though you get flung off stage), and summoned Raptors will treat you as an enemy. Perhaps this could be useful if they can get your Primal Fury going?

Overall, the final smash is good for clearing the battlefield quickly, and scoring some easy kills or damage, as well as tanking pretty much anything the opposition can throw at you, like any proper Movie Monster should.

PLAYING AS: CLEVER GIRL...

As a Velociraptor main, you will have many options to how you go about playing. Whether it be a solo hunter, Defensive squad, aggressive killing force, or a mix between all 3. There are some things to consider regarding them that go across all their styles however. First and foremost, you are built for DPS, not heavy hits. take advantage of this at any cost, for even though your "killers" have either bad range or crappy knockback, your unparalleled skill at racking %'s and chasing opponents should have them at such high %'s that it shouldn't matter. Another thing to remember is to abuse your mobility, after all you are a BIG LIGHTWEIGHT. It shouldn't be a problem for an opponent to land a killer move on you if you mess up, make sure to use your natural speed to avoid hits, then lash out when they miss you. You also always have the ultimate bait move in Primal Fury, making yourself immobile may not seem so bad as you trick an opponent into approaching your pack, or just into buffing your already incredible damage output.

SOLO HUNTER:​
If you choose to be a solo artist and not call for back up, you may be in for an up-hill battle, but it is not without it's advantages. The most obvious is that you do not have to waste time setting your pack up for combos, or trap foes in pack attacks, let alone commanding or summoning Raptors. You can just spawn, then leap right into combat without a care. That being said, the disadvantages will show themselves quickly if you aren't careful. You lack the meat-shield or distraction values of summoning Raptors, as well as having your throws kinda suck. If you prefer a more fast paced, risk vs reward type of play, going solo with this speedy hunter may be for you​

DEFENSIVE SQUAD:​
This style involves you having a full pack out, and keeping them on Defensive mode. This makes the Raptors use their grapple-like specials more often, as well as follow you and shield often, creating a safe haven for yourself to think out attack strategies. While your pack takes the front load of damage, you will need to find ways to lure your opponents into being snagged by one of them, perhaps by using your back or forward throws in unison with a short shriek (as to not make them stealth strike unwantedly) to let the pack trap foes, and then have you safely rack up damage. Or perhaps get a foe to try and hit you, only to hit a Raptor as you swing an attack at them through the Raptor? This style is safe, but requires a constant eye on what your Raptors are doing, as well as prediction of, and mindgaming of the opponent to get much if anything done safely. If you are more tactical, this is for you.​

KILLING FORCE:​
Similar to going solo, going aggressive with a pack is fast paced, and very momentum based. What you want to do isn't so much as set up things for your pack, but take advantage of what they do to the opponent as set ups for yourself. For example you see a Raptor chase an opponent and Dash attack, you could then take advantage and follow on it's attack with your own Dash attack, or maybe even an aerial if you're quick enough. What you'll need to look out for is the fragility of your pack in this state, you may need to constantly re-summon as they are hit over and over as they try to accomplish the same task to the enemy. So unlike in defensive mode, you let Raptors set you up for follow ups, acting with them to rack massive damage, and make them a distraction rather than a wall for opponents.​

HYBRID:​
Playing as a hybrid means you take a bit of every playstyle into your game. For example, you may only choose to have 1 Raptor at a time to limit micro-managing, and never really command it, using it as bait for when an opponent tries attacking it, leaving themselves open for one of your attacks. Or, you could be creative and order it to stealth strike, summon a Raptor and set it to defensive (or aggressive) while the other is unaffected, leaving you with two different temperaments of predator roaming the field to confuse your foe. While maybe not as specialized as the other styles, if you're a generalist who likes to mix things up, Velociraptors have near endless possibilities as a character to explore. No two Velociraptors will play alike!​

PLAYING AGAINST: SHOOT HER!

When facing the Raptor pack you should be ready for just about anything from combos, to defensive walls and even unseen attacks. It would seem easy to fall victim to their schemes and eventually their talons if you don't keep your wits about you, but there are some universal flaws with the Raptors that should keep victory within your grasp. The first being their weight to size ratio, being as light as fox yet as big as Charizard, even with their high mobility means that when they mess up, being punished could cost a stock. Be sure to always follow the lead Raptor carefully, for it gives off ques such as Shriek's pitch, or staying behind the pack as they advance in order to pounce at any opportunity you let your guard down. The Raptors also have some trouble dealing with good sized or ranged attacks, as all of the pack could be hit, distracting the player of them to get micro-managing and leaving them open for a strike. Always remember that these predators will only control the match if you let them, show them who is more evolved by outsmarting this cunning character!​

WORLD LOGO

ALTERNATE COLORS

KIRBY HAT

Kirby gains Primal Fury after swallowing a Raptor. He even has his own little growl when he activates it. Unlike the Raptors however, being smaller and weaker he only has 12% worth of super-armor.

SNAKE'S CODEC

-incoming transmission...-

SNAKE: Otocon, are these...dinosaurs?

OTOCON: Yes, Snake. Those are Velociraptors...escapees from Jurassic Park to be exact.

SNAKE: Jurassic...park?

OTOCON: An amusement park in the Pacific that created genetically engineered dinosaurs to create the ultimate zoo of sorts.

SNAKE: I see, but how did they get here?

OTOCON: there has been a distress call from the island, saying the Raptors escaped their pen, and followed dockworkers onto ships off the island..to *gulp* look for more prey...​

*feint noises are heard in the background*

SNAKE: Clever girl...wait, whats happening on your end, Otocon?

OTOCON: You wont believe it *shriek!* Snake! *crash!* Colonel, watch out! Oh man, how did they get in here?!

SNAKE: What's going on? They're at our HQ?!

COLONEL: SHOOOT HARRR, SHOOOOT HARR!!!!​

*shriek and a crash*

-end transmission-

STAGE

The Raptor's birthplace of Isla Nublar is added to Brawl!
Isla Nublar takes you though the entire island on a tour of Jurassic Park, with some twists and turns along the way...​

The tour starts off at the Visitor's Center. It is a standard walk-off, about the size of Final Destination, but it has two big features in the Dinosaur Skeletons that dominate the field.

Each skeleton is about the size of Giga Bowser, and have the HP of the Statues in Castle Siege. They act as platforms primarily, being able to walk on the backs and tails that are halfway and at the top if each, respectively.

(summoned Raptors will appear from the background, running down the staircase and on to center-stage)

After that phase, the players enter a transition state as they travel quickly through the jungles onto the next phase.

The floor takes up the entire screen, and takes about 2 seconds

(summoned Raptors will appear from the sides of the screen closest to you.)

Part 2 of the tour is the iconic Jurassic Park Gate. This stage is covered by forest on either side, making ringouts impossible until you hit an opponent halfway up the tall stage, over the trees. Large ferns also jut out from the sides and can be jumped upon.

A nice phase to rack up damage, as the trees create a "fight club" of sorts.

(summoned Raptors will leap from the forest, shaking ferns and trees as they leap down from about halfway up)

The Gate then opens and another transition occurs, to a Jeep ride through the island!

The jeeps travel about 3/4 the speed of the cars in big blue (meaning Sonic/Falcon/Raptors can run with the Jeeps if they aren't bumped by them), and the dinos in the back are purely aesthetic. However, the occasional Pterosaur will swoop down and act as a mobile platform. They are the size of the Corneria Arwings, and travel in similar patterns.

The Jeeps are also a tad bigger than Big-Blue cars

(summoned Raptors will appear from the background, running along with the jeeps before jumping onto the jeep you are on)

The Jeep in the rear eventually backs away as the two lead Jeeps go into a darker, stormier part of the island, and stop at either side of the Tyrannosaur Pen.

The pen is huge, about as long as the deck phase of Halberd. The cars on either sides however prevent walkoffs and rest right near the blast lines, yet have the HP of Castle Siege Statues if you plan on getting them out of the way.

Behind the electrified fence there is activity however, and not just the occasional goat making noise. Something big is knocking trees around, and every once in a while one will crash into the fence, and send a shocking shower of sparks down where it hits the fence! These showers are about as big as ZSS' Up B attack, and cause similar damage as Pikachu's Neutral B. More of an annoyance than a hazard...

(summoned Raptors will appear from behind the fence, jumping up on top of the support pillars, then onto the floor)

After a few moments, a screen-shaking roar is heard as a tree slams into the fence, shooting sparks everywhere (aesthetic, don't hit you) just as a transition occurs, and players wind up in the Primordial jungle!

for the 1st 5 seconds of the phase, players fall slowly like in Summit, making it an ideal aerial combat zone. They will then land on some large branches, which act like very big versions of the tree on Onett: they sway with opponent weight/motion.

This creates a unique aerial combat area as players jump from branch to branch (stage is as big as Summit, should be plenty of room), which act as normal platforms and can be fallen through.

(summoned Raptors will jump down onto the top branches, or up onto the lower branches from below)

After some time passes, the branches break as players enter another fall-state for 5 seconds into deeper and darker forest...

After falling some distance, the players will land on the two remaining Jeeps, just in time to take off as the T-Rex that escaped finally hunts you down!

This phase has the Jeeps travel at the same speed as the previous Jeep phase, but you are limited to 2 Jeeps. To add to the panic of limited space, the T-Rex is constantly chasing you, and if knocked into his mouth, eating you!

The Tyrannosaur's head is about the size of bowser, and the mouth is always a danger-zone unless he is roaring in frustration, where you will not be eaten (for the moment). If he is fed, he will stop as the cars move on, saving other players from the threat for 10 seconds.

(summoned Raptors will run behind the trees in the background, then leap onto the Jeep you are on)

Just before the cars hit a wall of trees as you pull away from the T-Rex, one last transition occurs as players end up back at the visitor's center, safe and sound!

Overall the stage is full of warping shapes and sizes, with enough diversity for casual and competitive players alike. As for the phases, the stage takes just over 3 minutes to cycle fully, with each stage lasting 30 seconds, and the transitions lasting for 2 seconds (the falling ones are 5 seconds).

ASSIST TROPHY

Yep, their Assist trophy is a small pack of those pestering Compies.

When activated, 5 Compies will spread out around the stage (each about the size of a Pikmin), and wonder around for up to 20 seconds. During this time, if an opponent walks by one, they will let out a little shriek and jump on to the character, latching themselves on and constantly bite for about 5% every half second. If you pass by more compies, they will also join in. Unlike most assist trophies however, they can be hit and have about 10% hp each.

Your best bet is to either avoid them and hit them away before they latch on, or use them as a distraction on your foe to get a killer blow in.​

------------------------------------------

Well, this is my third set for MYM, and my most fun to work on :p

Let me know what you guys think, and a thanks goes out to MarthTrinity and Kholdstare for giving me some advice along the way!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Velociraptor was a fun read. Sure, most of the attacks weren't very exciting, but it's a $@!& generic velociraptor for pete's sake, the fact that you were able to make the attacks interesting at all is commendable. The pack-leader mechanic was, however, a cool idea and the fact that you could tell the other raptors to go into different "stances" added a lot of depth to this otherwise bare-bones character.

I don't comment on extras very often, but holy crud, that stage is epic! The moment I saw you actually edited the stage-select screen to make it look real I knew I was in for a treat. Having the cars take you around the island was a great way to show off the entire world of the movie, as were the "screenshots" of each area. I only wish you had used Charizard and Bowser as the other characters instead of Wario, if you ctch my drift. ;)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Thanks for stealing this page JOE! >_>

Well anyway the special mechanic was a nice feature, but I think the moveset suffers from many generic attacks, but I really don't see how you can make a dino creative. The moveset looks great with all the images, and the color choice is nice. One thing I must say that was fantastic was your extra stage. You sure put a lot of work on your movesets, seeing how many images you actually put into them.

The Next Page Is My Page

Now I have reserved it/.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Kirbywizzard, how did he steal the page when nobody gave any hint of posting one on this page?

Anyway, Raptors is a nice moveset. The pack mechanic is great, kinda reminiscent of Shadow Beast, in principle. It shows you are really improving, JOE! It almost makes me want to go back and watch Jurassic Park again.

I'll have to echo HR and say that those extras are epic.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Velociraptors

Alrighty, so I had the honor of being able to preview this set along the way so now it's time for me to make my closing comment if you will on it ;)

First off, visual stuff out of the way first. The stage is freakin' epic. You went through a crap load of work to make it looks nice and it shows. The stage select screen is still REALLY awesome to me despite seeing it several times already. The organization as a whole is great; you've got nice looking headers, bright and eye catching, the images are crisp...it looks great basically. The one thing I probably should've mentioned earlier (but it must've slipped my mind, my fault entirely >.<) is that it's nice to have some color on the parts of the move you bolded, otherwise it's somewhat hard to tell exactly what's being bolded and what's not. Regardless, you still included bolding so whatever =P

As for the moves themselves, I've always loved your concept of the Raptors attacking as a pack (and I love how you reflect the various ways to use Velociraptors in the playstyle section). As some have said, the attacks seem boring, but really, the Velociraptors suffer from Punch-Out Syndrome (or rather Tauros Syndrome) in the sense that...you've pretty much captured -EVERYTHING- they can do and added more. If you added anything more "interesting," it'd be painfully OoC and look weird for a rather sizeable dinosaur to be doing. Much like Tauros, I think you took the creativity as far as you could go while staying 100% in character, not an easy thing to do. I also love how the grabs have different effects that help support either the defensive or offensive playstyle, it's so simple but it works so well.

Anyway, even from simple presentation it's clear that the Raptors are leaps and bounds superior to Rival Trainer and it's great to see you improving at such a fast rate! Another thing that's clear is that you -REALLY- had fun with this set; it was for a character you like (or at least from a series you liked) and you had fun thinking up the unique pack mechanic as well as thinking up the move interactions between the Raptors. Like I have been since the beginning, I'm impressed with your hard work and dedication to the Raptors, great job JOE!, you've earned a vote from me ;)

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
So, Velociraptors, huh?

I'd seen you talk a lot about this set of yours in the chat, and you did a good job of it. These critters are so much better than Rival Trainer was, sure the moves are generic generally, but they're velociraptors, and all of the moves are in character and fit the playstyle, so good.

As for other issues, I would have to say that your organization has good and bad parts. The Headers you made are fantastic, but your actual writing could use some work. I'm going to suggest that you not use contractions for knockback, and use less bolding than you already have. In general, bolding should be limited to very important effects and damage, bolding every other ten words makes it difficult to read, especially when you don't change the color of the bolding. Combined with your underdetailed move descriptions (which is something I suffer from too), it makes it hard to get the gist of the things you're doing. Especially with the throws, since all of your moves are already so similar its tough to figure out what you mean when you explain how it affects their programming.

I can't say much on the issue of balance, though it doesn't seem too problematic to me. I love the idea you made of the four different archetypal playstyles for the velociraptor, and how it is feasible to play as only one, a nice touch. I have to say that this is a significant step up from you, and if you can shake the writing problems and boost your creativity for your next sets, I can see you becoming a real force in this competition.

Also, WAY TO GO on the stage. So few people do any extras at all anymore (myself included). You put a lot of work into it, and it is awesome. The sheer amount of effort you put in this set is quite laudable.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Philosoraptor: holy dãmn this was a fun set to read! Everything seems to work marvelously together, and you seriously know your raptors!
I commend you for depreciating numbered stats, in favour of actually explaining what the devil a "5/10" actually means.

The pack mechanic is, needless to say, fantastically well implemented. Personally though, I would have prefered to see the Raptor as a completely ineffectual, lonesome character that only really comes into his own in a 2v2, with the ally also playing as Raptor. I'm probably only saying that because, outside of Clefable, there aren't a whole lot of characters that are focused on their 2v2 playstyle (and Philosoraptor would have been perfect for it)

Also, you go into a confusing amount of detail when describing the attacks. Even when it is as simple as "rakes his talons across the ground", you always deem it neccessary to designate exactly which foot he uses, exactly how he turns when performing it.. etc etc. It has the opposite effect to what you were intending; it makes the attacks impossible to understand.
And that's probably the reason people are accusing philosoraptor of having a generic moveset.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
My teacher says &quot;in my own world&quot;.
Velociraptor

I love it.
I love how much detail you've put into it.
You've clearly spent time and effort on it.
I like the stage and the assist trophy as well.

And I laughed at Snake's Codec too.

----

On another note: Wow! I didn't know you were on this thread. Awesome.

Junahu

Smash Ace
the chat makes me do wierd things

WOBBUFFET!
WObuffet is super awsome hes blue ad he lieks to shot WOBBUFFET! This moveset is very defense like, maikng you think twice befoer attacking the blu wonder! He uses Cuonter and Magic Cote and his Final \Smahs is Destiny Bond (007 LOL!) Pleese read and tell me wht you think of him!

WOBBUFFFET!

S
tats;
-__-------

Size= Pretty bigNot as big as Jessie or James but defenitly biggr than Mario andSonic!
Heaviness= rafher average weight but heavier than most ohter pokeman.. WOBBUFFET!
Attack=s Wobbuffet (WOBBUFFET!) attacks are mid rang and mid speed but fast lik Fox
Jumps= silly wobbyfett can't jump liek ofer characters but I tell you about that latr k?
Move Speed= He caen nrun slowly an walks even slower. His tiptoe animaytion is hilarius!

Special Abilitys!'
-----=====-
Suktion CupS!: Wobbuffet cdoesnt move wehn you hold doun duck; so when bad charactr guy maeks you fly, you duck an wobbs goes noweher! Isnt thqt cool!
SMak Bac!k: Wehn hit wobbuffet flies his head backl ad forth and if it hits you you you get damge. wobby can stll atk when hs hed is all crazy but yu cant pguess where his attak will hurt!

WOBBUFET!

MoVEs?;
-p-p[[=-------------
Regulr A attk: Wobuffet bonks you with hi hed an you get hurt
AA attack: Wobbufet noks you with his hdea the othr way for exra damage. This is god for raking up dmage and being quick

Sid A attack9moves woblfett foreard): Wobuffet falls over to reech further than AA. Good nockbak but slow move. maek advanc with this mov
Up A attck: Wobbuft jumps up an hits with his hed. can juggl abit but not muhc
Down A attkL good ol wobbs uses his tail thngy to sweap both sides. I knw he doesnt lik to use his tsil to attak, but when in smsh brael, you hav to fight with evrything yo have.

Sid A Smsh; "Mean Look" now you get stunned by his glair attack lik if you brok you're sheild. takes 5 secs to strt but high piroity
Up Smagh A: Wobbuffet hrts with pshcic power! A gloweynessz appears on his head an goes up a bit. Makes guys fly faar but you hav to rest for 2 secods aftr
Dow Snash A:: Wobbuftes fet kick out ether side of hm. Lik Jiggypuff dwn A but strnger and not pikn.

Regular Aireal attakc@ Wofbubet spins arownd lik a tornaedo. Lot of litel htis and last hit acan OK
Fouward aireal at: Wobbuffet fahls over in mid-air an stps you form falling some. Far rang and spik make ths a god attack
Bakwerds Aereal aTtack> Wobbeffet faalls over nbckwards in mid-air an stps you form falling some. Like forewrd but the other way an weaker fastr
Dnwn Airial: Wobbuft attacks below but no spiek (!!). Nostall adn fall etiher ()!!!
Upwards Areial atthk: Wbboffet uses magci power! Woo2ft maks the emeny apper below him. Gud for set up Down aer whitch is spike!

Grab: Wobbuffet uses its arms to grb and pommel. not qwik but slow..
Forwad Thrw:: knoks eneme away far, by slam duk!
Bkwrad throwL Wobbafft throws bad guy backwrds for big damge!
Downwrds trhoe: Wobbuffett juumps on the ememie and hurts cause supr heavy. Can Ko somteims
UPwaRD throw oponant gets hedbutted up. Greet juggle strter from evryone favowrate blue pkemon!

FINSAL SMASH! Destiny Blnd!
Wobbuffet glows pur;ple for 30 seconds. If sumone KOs him, they loos 2 lives! Wobuffet shoust WOBBUFFET! during Destiny Bnd

Spcials
-------
regouler B: savegard! Wobbuft glws green and cannt be knked away. Maeks Wobb like the pokrbaal version if yuo think abot it.
Side V: Conter! Wobbuffet entrs counter stats! he counter any reguler attack but not pecials
Down B! Magic caot: Wobbft entrs another status! He can conter stufs like missls and magc and reguler attack. basicly choos beween this and counter to bee unstoppable!
Up B: Recover! Lol he must recover! Wobbuffet glws green an goes up. he heals 30 damage

Wobbfurft is good tell me how to maek bettr
but be nice and dont shot at me for bei ng a n00B plese

WOBBUFFET!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
No, Junahu. You were the one who suggested reposting it. >_>

EDIT: No, Khold. You will be super voting my MYM7 Wobbuffet that I have planned.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So, here we have Wobbuffet, a moveset that's oozing with creativity, and it only has three comments in an entire ten minutes. My goodness, you people are lazy. For the love of God, do your duty!

I will comment on it later.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So, here we have Wobbuffet, a moveset that's oozing with creativity, and it only has three comments in an entire ten minutes. My goodness, you people are lazy. For the love of God, do your duty!

I will comment on it later.
Is that a To Kill a Mockingbird reference I detect? Nah, can't be. SWFers are pretty lax on making references to black-and-white movies from the 50s based on classical American novels.

Wobbuffet is somehow awesome. I guess that's what happens when you're touched by the hand of god.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Sorry For Double Posting My Moveset, but I can edit it without it being on my post. But fun prank you did >_>

~Perona~

~Biography~
Perona is a young little girl from the manga/anime one piece. She has an army of cute zombie animals that follow her every whim, and ate the Horo Horo no mi Fruit. The Horo Horo no mi fruit gives her the ability to creat many forms of ghost. Some can cause explosions, and another type can actually make the opponent very negative towards life. Usually Perona makes her opponent depressed with her abilities, and then just sends her zombies to capture them. Perona also has the ability to make an astral projection of herself that can change size, go through walls, and still be able to form other ghost. When Perona enters this state her real body can not move, and is open for damage. Perona usually avoids physical contact, and attacks with far range attacks. She also has her Teddy Bear Zombie Kumacy do the fighting when needed to, and runs away from full force. Her laugh is (Horohorohorohorohorohorhoror)

~Music And Vids~
Please Watch Video, and not to mention it's a good fight
Perona Part 1
Perona Part 2

~Stats~

Size: 5/10
She is pretty skinny, and is a little bit shorter then Peach.

Weight: 1/10
She is as light as JIgglypuff, easy ko

Walk Speed: 6/10
Perona walk speed is just a little bit faster then Mario's

Running: 6/10
At around Mario's speed

Traction: 4/10
She slides a good amount when turning, around Jiggs traction

Power: 5/10
Her projectiles are strong, but not way up there. Most likely around Marth's strenght

Attack Speed: 7/10

She is very very fast, might even beat Marth

Priority: 5/10
The majority of Perona's attacks are explosions that have average priority unless stated other wise. They can easily be stopped by high priority attacks, like Luigi's air attacks.

First Jump: 5/10
Goes higher then Marths, but not higher then Mario's

Second Jump: 8/10

Could be compared to Ness's seconds Jump

Fall Speed: 2/10

Very similar to Luigi's, but she falls just a bit slower

Recovery: 6/10
It's about average at best, and doesn't help her light weight

Swimming: 0/10
She can't swim, and will automatically drown.

~Animations~

Entrance
Perona sits on a large throne like a princess while her zombie animals carry her to the stage

Walking
Perona begins to skip along like a little girl, as little black flowers form around her head

Standing
Perona just stands there for a little, and then yawns because of the boredom.

Running

Runs like a little school gril, with her pink her blowing in the wind

First Jump
Perona jumps like any human would. . . . .

Second Jump

Perona spins in place, and he skirt spins around like a school girl's skirt.

~Horrible Specials~

Neutral Special: Negative Horo

Perona holds out her hand while giggling, and says “ Watch as you lose the will to live”. A Negative Horo shoots out of her palm as if it came out of thin air. The Horo can now be freely moved around the stage for a total of 2 seconds. It travels at the speed of Marth's dashing speed, and can be controlled similar to Ness's Up Special. Perona can not move while the Horo is moving across the stage, and is vulnerable to attacks. If Perona is hit while controlling the Horo then the attack is canceled. The Horo itself can not be hurt,and will travel through all obstacles, and projectiles. When the Horo makes contact with an opponent they will fall under the Negativity effect, and the Horo disappears.

*Negativity*
Thanks to eating the Horo Horo no Mi fruit Perona gained the ability to use ghost. One type of Ghost Perona can use are the Negative Horo. When a negative Horo makes contact with a person then the person becomes very negative, and empty inside. When this happens it cuts their attack, and agility by half. They give off a purple like color when they are in a negative state, and also have a small dark rainy cloud above them as a gimmick. There is no cure for the negative state that an opponent enters, but it does wear off in a total of 10 seconds. Opponents are very vulnerable in this state, and may have trouble even shaking off enemies like Pikmin.

This attack can be used as many times as you want, but once the ghost makes contact with an opponent it can not be used for another 2 minutes. The Horo does not have any priority because it doesn't need it as it goes through everything. However Perona can be damaged while the Horo moves, so if needed to, this attack can be canceled by pressing the R button. This attack has .20 seconds of start up lag, and .30 seconds of end lag.

Side Special: Mini Horo
Perona forms a small miniature version of her Negative Hollow, and it begins to float towards the opponent at the speed of Marth's walk speed. It only takes Perona .05 seconds to create each Mini Horo, and there can be a total of eight Mini Horos on the stage during any given time. These Horos have a total of 12% stamina,. When a Mini Horo makes contact with the opponent it will stick to them, and will need to take 8% damage to be knocked off. There can be a total of four Mini Horos on an opponent. Perona can freely move while the Mini Horos are on the stage.

Ghost Rap is a move Perona uses to make the Horos explode. When the L button is pressed, or when there are already to many Horos on the stage, Perona snaps her fingers. This causes every Mini Horo on the stage to explode. These small explosions deal out 5% damage each, and can easily KO at 160% damage. These Mini Horos are very useful, and easily able to stick on to opponents when the opponent is in a negative state. As long as you keep a good amount of Horos chasing after the opponent you should be able to pressure him into submission.

Down Special: Kumacy Help Me @_@

Kumacy (also known as Bearsy) is a large teddy bear zombie that is a servant for Perona. He is stronger, and faster then he appears. Perona screams “ Save me Bearsy” while she cries like a little girl. In a total of .50 seconds Kumacy bashes out of the ground screaming “ Persona-Sama”, and begins to chase after the opponents. He is controlled by the CPU, and Perona can freely do what ever she wants when Kumacy is on stage .Kumacy is as tall as Ganondorf , and as wide as D3. He can only ran as fast as Marth, but he does have two very high jumps.. Bearsy has three main attacks that he can use,
  • Kumacy stops in place , and does a Bear Claw attack with almost no start up or end lag. ( 18% damage each hit) This move can only be used once every two minutes.
  • Kumacy does a head ram with an end lag of .50 seconds (10% damage),
  • Kumacy jumps, and does a full body slam on the ground with .70 seconds of end lag ( 18% damage).

Each of Kumacy's attacks can KO at 160% damage, but the Bear Claw can KO at 110% damage .Kumacy has a total of 30% stamina, and can only die after he loses all that stamina. If Kumacy falls off the stage then he simply reapears on it in 2 seconds. When Kumacy runs out of Stamina he disappears, and can not be summoned again until Perona loses another stock, or until two minutes have passed. Kumacy can be un-summoned when he is on the stage rampaging by pressing down special again. When this happens Perona yells “ Shut up that un-cute voice Kumacy!”, Kumacy then cries tears, and runs away from the field. Kumacy can be summoned again with the amount of Stamina he had the last time he was on stage. Kumacy can be a very large obstacle for your opponent to pass, or an easy one. It depends on the stage. ( Does not ignite, or take damage from horos of any kind)

Up Special: Under My Pretty Umbrella
Perona takes out her Umbrella, and like Peach gains a small amount of height vertically. She then begins to float gently down like Peach, and can be canceled into a free fall. The Umbrella only does 4% damage, and can only hurt opponent if their dumb enough to run into it. However as Perona gently floats down with her Umbrella if the the B button is pressed then she drops one mini horo that falls directly down. The mini horo does not act like the previous Mini Horos, and just falls down to the ground, and explodes. If it makes contact with the opponents it explodes, and deals out 6% damage. Perona can drop one mini horo every .06 seconds. This move can work as an average recovery, and as a safe way to land back on stage when an opponent is juggling you. These mini horos do not count to the total amount of mini horos on the stage. These horos can KO at damages around 160%

~Standard Combo and A Horrific Dash Attack~

Standard Combo : My Own Little World
Perona takes out her Umbrella, and holds it out in front of her, opened up all the way. She begins to spin it in place that causes a small amount of force to push away the opponent. This small force also slows down projectiles, and slows down opponent charging after you. If the projectile made contact with the Umbrella as soon as it began to spin, then the Projectile is bounced off, and sent towards an upward direction. The Umbrella does small consecutive hits, each doing 4% damage. The attack only has .10 seconds of start up lag, and can be held for an infinite amount of time. It has about average priority and large hit box attacks like GW's bair can easily penetrate it. . It can help prevent a certain amount of camping, and works great as a surprise reflector. This attack is about average for an up close attack, but then again your opponent shouldn't be to close to begin with.

Dash Attack: I Will Crush Your Heart
Perona makes an astral projection of herself that charges two blocks forward while giving off her signature laugh (horo~horo~horo~horo). The astral projection will attempt to make contact with any opponent, and stick her hands right through them. If the astral projection is successful in making contact with the opponent then they are frozen in fear for .50 seconds. They then fall on the floor panting while Perona's Astral Projection says “ Silly I can't crush your heart”, the opponent takes 12% damage from the heart attack he just received. The astral projection then quickly returns to Perona in .05 seconds. However during this entire attack Perona's real body is completely immobile and face first on the ground. Perona can not move what so ever when she uses an astral projection of herself, so she can simply be knocked out of this attack. This attack is quick in which it comes out in .10 seconds, and her astral projection can not be stopped or reflected. Sadly it only goes in a straight direction, so it can be easily dodged.

~Scary Tilts~
forward Tilt: Cracked Mini Horo
Perona does a quick wink at the screen, and forms a small version of her negative horo that floats towards the opponent at the pace of Sonic's walking speed. The mini horo looks like an exact copy of the side special, but however once it makes contact with the opponent it automatically explodes. This explosion deals out 8% damage, and causes any mini horos on the opponent to explode as well. The horo does not have any stamina, and can simply be destroyed by one hit, but this does cause the horo to simply fly off far away and blow up .This moves only takes .10 seconds of start up lag, and no end lag. This looks identical to the side special, and can fool your opponent into thinking it's a side special. A fun way to ignite all those horos on your opponent.

Up Tilt: Rainy Day
Perona opens up her Umbrella, and holds it, so that it covers her head like a regular umbrella. Quickly tap the a button, so that Perona begins to twirl the Umbrella like a princess. The Umbrella deals out an infinite amount of consecutive hits as long as the A button is tapped. Each hit does 5% damage, but the opponent can easily DI out of it. The Umbrella itself can not be stopped as it has super armor, but Perona herself can be knocked out of the attack. This attack takes .05 seconds of start up lag, and .08 end lag. This attack is great to prevent projectiles from above, and helps prevent air approaches.

Down Tilt: Boo :p
Perona begins to tip back as if she is about to faint when all of a sudden a Perona twice as large as the original Perona pops out of the ground in front of the fainting Perona. The giant Perona is just an astral projection of the original that will cause all opponent that touch her to flinch for .20 seconds dealing no damage. The astral projection comes out .04 seconds, lasts for .10 seconds, and then quickly goes back to the original Perona. If the opponent was successfully hit by the astral Perona, then the original Perona should have around a few .10 seconds to do anything to the immobilized opponent. I'm sure a good amount of the characters fighting her have had their good share of heart attacks by now. This attack deals no damage, and can not be stopped unless Perona's physical body is hit first.

~Cutie Pie Smashes~​

Down Smash: Horo Mine
Perona forms another mini horo that stay floating in place just above the ground. When an opponent gets at least one stage block close to the mini horo it will charge at the opponent, and explode. The mini horo can be charged for .50 seconds and deal anywhere from 16%-20% damage. The blast radius of this explosion extends to one whole stage block, and has high priority. This attack works similar to snakes down smash, just mobile. One of the best areas for this mini horo to be placed is near the edge, so when opponents attempt to recover they will be knocked away by the mini horo. The explosion KO's at 140%, and this attack has .30 seconds of end lag. This attack will ignite when a solid projectile makes contact with it. Not of the opponent hits the horo with a physical attack ( not projectile) then the horo will simply dissapear. Perona can only have one of these on the stage at a time, and can ignite it herself by pressing down smash again

Up Smash: Mini Horo Rampage
Perona holds out her palm facing the sky while giving off her signature laugh. In .20 seconds all mini horos on the stage will fly right above Perona's hand clumping into a bomb of Horos, and then she snaps her fingers causing the bomb to explode.. The explosion has a radius of two stage blocks, and deals out a different amount of damage for each amount of horos that were used to make the bomb.
-1 horo=5% KO's at 150%
-2 horos= 10% KO's at 140%
-3horos= 15% KO's at 130%
-4horos= 20% KO's at 120%
-5horos= 25% KO's at 110%
-6horos=30% KO's at 100%
-7horos= 35% KO's at 90%
-8horos=40% KO's at 80%
It's difficult to have a total of 8 horos on stage at any given time, thanks to your opponent getting rid of them. You will most likely not be getting that 80% KO, but this move does serve as a quick easy way to get rid of all your misplaced Horos all at once. The large blast radius makes opponents think twice about approaching Perona when they have high damages.

Forward Smash: Toku Horo
Perona forms a much bigger version of any of her other Horos, and it takes her about .40 seconds. This move can not be charged, but it does travel towards the closest opponent at the speed of Mario's dash. It travels for about two seconds with a stamina of 20%, and can travel through any obstacles, but not projectiles. Once the Horo makes contact with an opponent then it gobbles up the opponent, and Perona quickly does Kamikaze Rap. The Kamikaze rap is a simple snap of her fingers that causes only Toku Horo to explode. It does a total of 19% damage, and can easily KO at 100% damage. This move is pretty different from your typical smash, and is one of Perona's few good KO moves. There can only be one Toku Horo on the stage at any given time, and Perona can freely move around as it chases opponents. The Toku Horo itself can be damaged by opponent by regular attacks, and so opponent can simply knock it away when it gets close

~Haunted Sky~​

Nair: Floating Sin
Perona forms a mini horo that floats in place for a total of 5 seconds. When an opponent, or object makes contact with this mini horo it explodes dealing 10% damage. The explosion has some very low priority, and can only KO at 200% damage. These mini horos can quickly limit opponent approaches,, and if placed well can help stack up damage when an opponent is launched into the air. Opponents can knock this Horo away with any attack

Fair: Sticky Horo

Perona laughs and forms yet again another mini horo that floats in place for a total of five seconds ( then exploding). But instead of exploding when it makes contact with an opponent it sticks to them like the side special mini horos. It will also explode with the rest of the mini horos when Perona uses ghost rap. This horo however has 20% stamina, and this makes it a lot harder for opponent to kill it, does 12% damage when it explodes. It can be ignited by pressing the L button regardless if it is stuck on the opponent .This horo when mixed in with nair can really work mind games in the right hands, or completely back fire on the other. Again opponent can simply attack it to push it away

Bair: Go Away Please
Perona astral projects herself flying straight for a distance of two stage blocks that takes only .10 seconds. Again Perona's physical body is vulnerable when she astral projects, but if her astral projection touches the opponent they freeze of a heart attack ( dealing 10% damage) for a total of .50 seconds. It only takes Perona .10 seconds to return to her physical body, and gives her enough time to either run away, or hit the opponent away ( depends how far away they are). This move is more of a stalling move, and should only be used if caught off guard.

Up Air: Mind Tricks
Perona does another astral projection of herself that travels vertically up one stage block above her. When it makes contact with the opponent it again freezes them in shock for .10 seconds. This move does no damage, and long range attacks can easily go through the astral projection, and hit Perona's vulnerable body. This move has only .05 seconds of end lag, and can stop spike moves like Ganon, and Olimar's dair. Perona's real body however as her astral projection attacks, falls slightly down, so this attack may prove more negative then good when trying to recover from the stage. This move gives almost no time for Perona to counter attack

Dair: Atomic Horo
Perona drops a mini horo that falls as fast as Fox's fall speed. It explodes once it makes contact with a solid object, dealing 10% damage. However if the A button is pressed when it makes contact with the solid object then it turns into a dud, and explodes .05 seconds late. This move punishes spot dodgers on the ground, and makes for very simple mind games.

~Grabs, and Pummels~​

In order to grab, Kumacy must still be alive on the stage, and near the opponent. Perona does no real grabbing, and Kumacy does all the hard work as he takes orders. When you activate the grab, instead of Perona grabbing, Kumacy will lung forward with one of his arms, and try to grab anything near him. This grab has .06 seconds of start up lag, and .10 seconds of end lag. When Kumacy finally grabs the opponent you can now use your pummel or throws. Perona can not move when Kumacy is grabbing an opponent.

Pummel: Now I'm Pissed
Kumacy begin to punch the opponent with his free arm, and each punch does a total of 6% damage. The punch take a little bit long to accomplish, and Kumacy will most likely only get two, or three punches the most at high damages.

Back Throw: Bull****
Kumacy begins to spin in place, and yes you guessed it, throws the opponent towards the opposite direction. This throw only does 5% damage, but if Perona is in the direction the opponent was thrown. Then Perona will panic, and form one more mini-horo that explodes once it makes contact with the thrown opponent. The explosion deal 10% damage, and KO's at 150%

Up Throw: Don't Lay A Finger On Her
Kumacy punches the opponent up towards the sky, and then does a super fart. Kumacy then slams into the opponent in the air dealing 9% damage. This move can KO at 170% damage, but can also cause Kumacy, and the opponent to get stuck in a platform if they connect with one.

Down Throw: Fertilizer for Perona's Flower Garden
Kumacy begins to pummel the opponent into the ground below, they are then stuck similar to how they would be if a pitfall hit them. Then Kumacy sprinkles some flower seeds on the opponent, and begins to water them. Pretty pink, and purple flowers pop out of the opponent, and Perona begins to laugh like a little girl. The flowers act similar to the Lip flowers, and will stay on the opponent for three seconds. They will do a total of 8% damage regardless the amount of damage the opponent has.

Forward Throw: I Will Protect You Perona ;(
Kumacy opens up the zipper in his back, and stuffs the opponent inside himself. Kumacy then jumps into the air, and then slams two stage blocks to the right or left on the ground( depends which side he was facing) . The impact deals 9% damage, but can also act as a suicide move if Kumacy was to close to the edge. This KO's both the opponent, and depletes Kumacy's stamina if they BOTH suicided off stage.

~Final Smash ~​

Zombie Animal Playtime

Perona shoots a negative horo that extends three stage blocks in front of her. If it makes contact the opponent becomes completely immobile, and Perona summons her zombie animal army. The zombies begin to beat the opponent down into the ground dealing 60% damage, and then the Gentleman Hippo zombie appears to give off the final strike. The Gentlemen Hippo strikes with a large sword the KO's any opponent that makes contact with the swipe.

~Extras~

Taunt 1
Perona puts her hands on her hips, and gives off her signature laugh “Horo~Horo~Horo~Horo” for one whole second

Taunt 2
Perona summons two negative ghost, and then gives a thumbs up while saying “ Great Things Will Happen”

Taunt 3
Perona does an astral projection of herself that pops out on a random part of the stage. . . .well almost

Winning Victory Pose

Victory Pose 1

Perona inflects the losers with a Negative Horo, and then gives off her signature laugh

Victory Pose 2
Perona begins to yell at Kumacy to stop ruining her spot light, and then Kumacy runs away with tears in his eyes

Losing Pose

Snake Codec
Snake: Who's that cute little girl
Cornell: Are you a pedophile snake?
Snake: What is this pedophile of which you speak
Cornell: A grown man that enjoys molesting little girls
Snake: Well then yes, yes I am
Cornell:. . . . . . . . .

~Play style~

Keep Away: By now you have noticed that Perona has very crappy close combat options, the majority only being to prevent damage when an opponent is up close. This is why in the beginning of the match you use your side special to send some regular Mini Horo's to annoy the opponent, while you try to set up some traps to keep the opponent at bay. You have a large amount of tricks that you can mix around to make the opponent cautious about approaching you when there is even at least 3 or 4 Mini Horos on the stage. Pick small stages for quick, and easy stage control with your stationary horo's like nair, and down smash. Perona is a young little girl that is not used to, or strong enough to fight up close. Completely forestall characters like Marth to getting up close.

Mini Horo Control : We have many types of Mini Horos that all have different uses each just waiting to be used by a good stage controller. First off the side special works similar to the pikmin toss in which it annoys the hell out of the opponent, and racks damage quickly. It works ok from afar, but sucks up close. Keep a good distance from your opponent when using these to be able to latch them without having them get killed by your opponent first, and far enough to not get hit by your opponents attacks. Use the Ftilt to knock the opponent away when he to close, or when he is to distracted to notice an exploding horo is coming at him as he tries to get rid of the side special horos. Note Perona gives off a small wink when using the ftilt, so opponent may catch that and successfully avoide or destroy your ftilt horo. When working with the mini horos in the air, always try to place them sorta near the ground, and never out high up. They are almost useless up high, and may even stop an up smash KO. Place them near the ground, and make it harder for your opponent to approach. Try mixing up the nair, and fair across the stage knock, or rack up damage on your opponent. Use fair when your opponent has low damages, and it can easily rack up damage when aligned well. The nair works well when used a higher damages, as the extra stamina, and more damage can cause opponent to panic, and try to get them off before they explode. The down smash works, as a great stage controller, and can work as a surprise KO when your opponent gets to close. Avoid placing it dead center of the stage, and keep it towards the sides. This limits your opponent's movement, can helps you keep easy stage control with your nair, fair, and side special being used in the middle. Dair on the other hand, does not work to well with stage control, and acts more as a last safe approach to land on the stage. Keep your stalled dair explosion to a minimum, so you don't get predictable then just get star Ko'ed.

Kumacy: Ok now you have little exploding ghost ******* to annoy your opponent, and now you have a giant teddy bear trying to bash their head to the ground. Kumacy is rather large, because of that opponents will have an easy time knocking him around, and draining his stamina. This is why you want to set up you mini-horo's across the stage. Kumacy won't ignite them, or get destroyed by them, your opponent will have to worry about not only explosions, but also a bear. Kumacy has easy KO attacks, and keep your opponent pressured throughout the match, but that isn't the only thing he is good for. Kumacy is the only way Perona can have access to her grabs. Kumacy's grabs are more of last minutes KO's if for some reason you can't snatch that last KO with a mini-horo then Kumacy sure can. That forward throw is just screaming suicide :p. Kumacy works as a great stage obstacle for your opponent to worry about, and has a pretty useful grab game. Just remember once Kumacy loses his stamina you just lost a great pressure obstacle.

Fake Outs: Ok now Perona has a few moves that have her create an astral projection of herself. This leaves Perona's real body vulnerable for attack, while her projection stalls the opponent. Now these attacks are fast, and should only be used if caught by surprise if your opponent managed to get way to close. These moves are more for stall, and run, just remember if you mess up your body is done for.i

Negativity: Try as soon as possible to hit your opponent with your neutral special. Once he/she is in a negative state, their decreased speed will make it easier to station mini-horos, and even get in a KO (more on that later). The opponent will have a harder time to approach, and rack up damage on Perona while having to avoid Kumacy,Horos, and Perona's fake outs. This Negativity works in any situation as it gives access to easier KO's, easy damage, easy stalling, and best of all easy camping. It isn't to hard to hit your opponent with your neutral special, but avoid putting him in a negative when he is in an area of the stage where he can avoid the majority of your attacks. Also note that the Negative Horo is transparent, and projectiles will go right through him. . . . .and towards you. Character's like Samus, Lucario, and Falco will be able to cancel your attack before it hits with a wide range of projectiles.

~Match Ups~

Metaknight: 60/40 Metaknights Favor
Ok this guy can shake off any of your horos, and easily charge his way through Kumacy. Plant tons of Mini Horos on the ground, and air to keep him away from fragile Perona. Do not bother using your side special as he can easily destroy any horos that do not explode . Try to avoid using fake outs as one slip up will cost you a life.

D3: 30/70 Perona's favor
D3= Big target for any type pf horo, he WILL GET HIT by a neutral special, and he can't spam those waddles. Any the hell out of him with grounded Horo's, and let Kumacy punch him around. D3 will rack up damage I no time, and he will have a very small chance of even getting close enough to hurt you. Let's not forget that this can't even chain grab you, and not to mention Fake Outs Will be a lot easier to deal to him.

Marth : 50/50
Perona has the projectiles in hand, but Marth has a long enough sword to destroy Horo's without getting hurt. Pressure him like hell near the beginning, and then only summon Kumacy about when he hits 90% damage. You want to run away, and not attack in mid range. Keep the majority of your Horos as grounded ones, as he won't be going to the air to much.

Luigi: 90/10 Luigi's Favor
Ok for some reason the negative horo won't effect Luigi, and his priority is cutting through all your horos. . . . . .not to mention he can easily rack up damage on Kumacy. You lost all your tools to this joker, and it seems he already had a negative attitude to begin with.

Olimar: 50/50
He can cause your projectiles to expode, but you can still make a healthy wall of them. It's a waiting game, and try to avoid using grounder horos. They will be activated by the stray pikmin, keep Kumacy up early, and use him as a wall. Kumacy can buy you some time to avoid pikmin, and latch some horos on Olimar. Try to avoid close range as you will just get pushed away by smashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom