• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Trufax

Imagine Sonic carrying dozens upon dozens of those spines on his head/neck while using his meager leg muscles to simply stand up.

Running is simply an impossiblity when these things can barely even run, themselves.

The tables have turned and now Mario's the one saying, "You're Too Slow!"
That's a porcupine, yo.

Diddy beats MK, he can move and is strong.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Beren

I still don't agree with your Kirby theory, but that's irrelevent.

You pretty much got the second part dead on.
Diddy would have to body slam into the sword for it to do anything.

Diddy wins this.

@SOLID
A hedgehog's spines only reach out half an inch, at most.
Sonic's spines are similar to a porcupines quills in length. Plus, they're made of the same stuff (keratin).

Just a rough comparison.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think this MU just ended. lol
EDIT: 1000 posts on this thread
NEW HIGH SCORE!
IMPUT NAME: _ _ _

I always hated when you had to put in initials and you only get 3 letters

tocador

Smash Lord
Sam, wtf are you talking about?

Diddy > MK even in BBARLW!!!!

See S.N.E.S, and watch diddy as it orgasm. ADHD completly destroyed snake and MK, it was so epic!!!!!!
He beat both Ally and M2K, it was epic

UncleSam

Smash Master
Sam, wtf are you talking about?

Diddy > MK even in BBARLW!!!!

See S.N.E.S, and watch diddy as it orgasm. ADHD completly destroyed snake and MK, it was so epic!!!!!!
He beat both Ally and M2K, it was epic
dude the MU is 55-45 MK

Sieguest

Smash Master
Most Epic Post Ever!!!

I think in all fairness sonic needs to have the ability to do his spindashes... because other wise a blue hedgehog without even mildly pointy spikes wouldn't even stand a chance against jigglypuff.
No....nothing beats the fail of Jigglypuff...
Yeah I don't know, just bring me a bucket of fried chicken. Actually Sonic would win. Face it Mario is just a regular plumber, Sonic is a super fast speed demon with pointy things all over him....
..........................*facepalm* Sonic can't go any faster than 10mph............(IRL)
MK is kirby with a face mask and a sword.
monkey ****.
trufax
MK can't even move his sword very well (as stated in the OP), Diddy is a very strong monkey.

I think Diddy>Mk
YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!! :mad: (not really this is a **** matchup unless JOE pulls what he did last time....)
Meta Knight is a Kirby. The same thing I said about Kirby applies to him.

Diddy Kong wins because Meta Knight's stubby arms underneath those gloves are too weak to swing his sword effectively. Plus the pauldrons on his shoulders adding weight to him doesn't help him much. He is pretty much as sitting duck, and the armored nature of his shoes means they have a bit of weight ot them, and due to my Kirby explanation earlier, their weight means that KirbyMeta Knight cannot lift his feet with them on.
*cough cough* wings *cough* (it would take too much effort to use his wings though :p)
Don't forget, no thumbs (yes, I'm aware the glove does have thumbs, but without gloves he's clearly been shown to not have thumbs).
That's not going to stop MK. Meta-Knight is like the Chuck Norris of Smash Bros....
but really...he speaks trufax...
Meta Knight's a failure realistically; the matchup's a mostly immobile 8 inch thing vs. a chimpanzee.
not as fail as Sawnic or even worse...Jigglyfail........
I never said face **** toc
EDIT: the OP says ninjalink vs. M2K
mew2king wins.
no....I win....>__>
Pikachu if Ivy needs water.
Ivy if he doesn't.
Can't make up my mind lol.
??? What???

Ivysaur ftw...Ivy has the poison working for it...and the only way Pikachu is going to land a hit is by getting close....

REL38

Smash Lord
Me thinks Pika only has very low levels of static electricity that probably wouldn't do much anyway.

Other than that, he's only got bite and tackle.

Ivy has poison spores to do the job . . . he doesn't even need to move to do that . . .

@Marthage

>_>

kinda late, don't ya think?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
in real life ROB is a toy <.<

anywho, ill give this match a little longer...
Why?
We're having someone that has poison against a rat that can do only couple of watts of electricity?
This is like Brawl MetaKnight vs. Captain Falcon; it's not a fight.

REL38

Smash Lord
Well, let's be reasonable about this.

1. How potent is Ivy's poison?
I mean, are we dealing with the kind the kind that gives you a rash?
No lethal plant poison comes to mind, especially not the kind in spores.

2. How long does the poison take effect?
Is it really "instantaneous"? Doesn't poison take a few minutes, at the very least, to take effect?
Pika could just take the poison and jolt/bite/tackle Ivy.

3. Ivy isn't very mobile.
He looks slow. If Pika gets by the "poison" spores, then Ivy can't run away. Pika is much faster so he can go into physical battle which I'm sure Pika would win.

4. Getting by the "poison" spores should be easy.
It's only going to go a few feet at best.
Pika just waits until the spores disapate from the air and goes for Ivy's neck.

Screw Ivy, I'm going Pika ;D

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
And jigglypuff is a balloon >.>
At least Jigglypuff can MOVE.
They both are bad lol.
Especially Marthage's Jigglypuff. Trust me.

But why is Ivy slow? He's like a dog...... he has 4 feet he doesn't weigh that much...
Bite wont do much he's a plant lol.

REL38

Smash Lord
A dog's legs are thin, but long. That gives them fast movement.
NOTE: the dog's height is obviously fake (photoshop), but it's body is still perfectly well porportioned

Let's take a look at Ivy's legs.

His leg's are very short and stubby. That limit's his speed and agility to being sluggish and akward.
If you really wanna get technical about it, then his legs overall don't support his body because his physiology is supposed to resemble that of a dino or toad, both of which require strong and distinct hind legs. Something Ivysaur very much lacks.

In a previous MU, Ivy's legs were compared to that of a rhino's.

A Rhino's legs are somewhat stubby in appearance, but the fact that it has enough length and muscle seperation is what allows it to move with ease. The hind legs of a Rhino is what gives it a better method of standing.

Ivy's legs are the same length through and through. It's the exact same width from the top of the leg to the bottom. That equals too much weight in his own legs for him to even move.

Other animals have most of the muscle at the base of the leg and less near the ankles and none at the foot. This method of anatomy allows for good movement.

Ivy's leg is bulky from the base to the ankle to the foot. He can't move >_>

And the only "plant" part of Ivy is his bulb. His body and neck is fair game when it comes to bleeding.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Lets compare:

IVY's specs:
-Height: 3ft 3in. | 1m
-Weight: 28.7lbs. | 13kg.
PIKA's specs:
-Height: 1ft 4in. | 0.4m
-Weight: 13.2lbs. | 6kg
posted in both imperial and metric.
Now right away we can see that pikachu has the weight and size disadvantage. we also know that Ivy has poison. This 'poison' is released from the bud on it's back. Now there are many plants with lethal poisons contained within them but what about buds with lethal spores? somebody plz look up. Now we could take the evolutionary approach saying hat it evolved this special spore, but it's always good to compare to RL.
looking at the pictures, Ivy has oh I'd say stubby limbs. With a bud and chunky body it might hinder him a little.

Now for Pikachu, pika can move on either 2 or 4 legs. He is also light and swift giving him speed and maneuverability. That also means he'll be breathing heavier, so if we find actual spores that are lethal enough in big doses pika is done for. However a shock from pika will fry out Ivy since pikachu's is more condensed and controlled.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
READ WHOLE POST:

I imagine that Ivisaur would win, as he could easily grab Pikachu from afar, and if pikachu were to surge electricity, it wouldn't have that much of an effect as I doubt that Ivy's vines have pain nerves in them, they ARE just vines. And then Ivy could simply mash the mouse into the ground.

Hmm, but then again, if Ivy can control the vines, they have to have nerves, AND Pika's electricity would shrivel them anyway. So I guess Pika wins, only to die much, much later on from poisonous spores it inhales in the battle.

SOOOO draw. Summary: Pika can easily kill Ivy, but Ivy can release poisonous spores in the air at will, so Pika would inevitably inhale them during the battle.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Phantom

Ivysaur doesn't have vines since it's in no way apparent in the pic. A vine can't magically appear out of his back when he only has a bulb with leaf fronds (or w/e they're called).

Besides, Ivy wouldn't be able to realistically control a set if vines. It just isn't possible.

And the poison would only affect Pika if he's in close range. The poison spore would shoot straight out if his bulb and into the surrounding area. There's no way it'll cover anymore than a 10 ft. radius, so Pika only needs to stay away from Ivy until the spores disapate. Ivy can't conventionally move, so he's a sitting duck who'd fall over if he tried to turn too quickly :p

Pika just needs to play the waiting game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Guys, potency is entirely a factor of the spore which is entirely a factor of the toxin and the amount that's present. As we've stated before, it's entirely plausable for extremely toxic substances to exist and be airborn, in fact it's easier for ivy cause we're dealing with spore (therefore larger) then with olimar.

Anyone seen the happening? Most of it's plausible if a compound like that ever developed (and our brain chemistry is pretty delicate). Granted, you'd be able to filter it out with a cloth over your face because the particles were so large, but that's neither here nor there.

So, BS on death-spores being unrealistic, there are plenty of things that kill in smaller amounts.

tocador

Smash Lord
The spores arent plausible in RL and i explained this some time before in this thread, but JOE! said that ivy maintain the spores or else we would need to redo all the past mu's.

@MU: Pika cant do much, except wait. But then, ivy can wait too, and he is basically invincible under spore.

By default he has the uper hand, whereas pika can only wait or die ^^.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The spores arent plausible in RL and i explained this some time before in this thread, but JOE! said that ivy maintain the spores or else we would need to redo all the past mu's.

@MU: Pika cant do much, except wait. But then, ivy can wait too, and he is basically invincible under spore.

By default he has the uper hand, whereas pika can only wait or die ^^.
... how are they not plausable, there are plenty of substances that kill in smaller amounts then the spores need to contain.

REL38

Smash Lord
Lethal spores are given now.

@Toc

Ivy doesn't have unlimited amounts of spores at his disposal. Only a set amount. Just like how venomous snakes only have so much venom in them.

Pika would need to come into a distance that Ivy deems threatening and Pika would retreat while the spores settle into the air nearby Ivy, rinse and repeat. This'll draw out Ivy's only form of attack/defense.
(remember, there's no wind)

tocador

Smash Lord
... how are they not plausable, there are plenty of substances that kill in smaller amounts then the spores need to contain.
Im not going to get into details, but basically:

Only thing capable of producing SPORE = fungus(flower/plants = polen).

Therefore the bulb is a giant fungus.

Fungus are decomposers, as in they only live/feed on dead things(im making it simple, dont ask to much ><) meaning ivy has to be dead to ahve a giant fungus on its back.

But again.... We need to take in that they exist, because JOE! said so =p.

@Rel: Ivy can produce spores(theoretically) as long as he has a good energy source, aka food. He eats = he live.

Plus he dosent need to waste the spores, he can just chill untill pika decides to move in.

Top Bottom