• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Eh, I really do hope that people read my two long posts directed @Tom and Marshy because they clearly explain my behaviour and shouldn't leave a questioin. I don't want them to be ignored because Nick and Marshy didn't adress ANY of its points (ironically both of them voted for me) and I'm sure that people will understand me if they read it. Ignoring it just proves my point that a case against me doesn't actually exist.
which posts are you talking about? and i have not voted

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
which posts are you talking about? and i have not voted
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8494354&postcount=468

This one is directed @ Tom and explains my reasons for pushing a nick lynch in detail + my behaviour D2

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8502496&postcount=478

This one is directed @ you and explains why you're reasoning is wrong + my behaviour D2

Also, you have voted.

gheb is my favorite lynch right now vote gheb
:059:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh. well give me more than 18 minutes before claiming that i didn't address any of your points. i will later

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ronike is awesome for being sympathetic to my johns and not killing me. Thanks bud.

In any event, this game is ****in' mucky. >_<

I'm reading all this bickering but nothing is jumping out at me as overly scummy or suspicious. I see a bunch of what seem to be frustrated townies yelling at each other and getting no where. I'm equally frustrated with the bland nature of this game (not flavour wise of course, props to Ronike for that good stuff).

Swords being the maf recruiter was quite a pleasant surprise. Did NOT see that coming at all. That's a HUGE leg up on the maf though for us.

Tom has some interesting stuff to say, but I'm more inclined to direct attention to his discussion of the flavour than anything else. I definitely agree with his 1 maf/1 indy left speculation, considering the fact that we had a maf recuiter. Then again, Ronike may have let him do **** pre day 1, perhaps a mafia only night 0 or something, to prevent such a swing from happening. But yeah, it's pretty obvious that Ronike had every intention of building roles and assigning them to specifically match the players in this game. Tom hit the nail on the head there.

One thing that I found strange though was his claim that it's "impossible to indy hunt." Really? Do you mean that? I don't really agree with that at all. Care to elaborate the point?

I feel the Marshy has his head in the right place by taking a look at Gheb. A thorough review of Gheb's prerformance reveals a very jumpy, vindictive player. It's a risky playstyle for a maf to throw typically, but after reading what Marshy had to say about him, the pieces all seem to fit.

He gets all uptight when even the slightest questioning of his methods comes up. "Quote or it didn't happen"? Really? Are you gonna be that much of a stiff and refuse to defend yourself on principle? That's a very poor way of expressing disagreement with someone's claims if you're a town player. It fits the scum bill perfectly.

Marshy is also 100% right about Gheb taking "potshots" at inactives. I'm all for trying to stir discussion and setting a focus on an inactive from time to time, but the fact of the matter ism Gheb consistently tries to cast shades of doubt on a multitude of players for little things, such as inactivity. This lack of focus really strikes me as odd, and makes me feel what might normally just be aggressive town player is really scum trying to undermine town stability and trust.

Vote: Gheb for now. Definitely a solid candidate in my book as it stands.

I'm interested in what Marshy has to say in response to Gheb's rebuttals and the next part of Tom's thoughts. Expect to hear from me again when those come around at the latest.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, 3 votes on me alread and there still haven't found anything to actually accuse me for?

Me jumpy? BS. I always CLEARLY mentioned, who my suspects were and stayed on them unlike Marshy who builds a case against Rockin and then unvotes without a reason, grills nick but drops the case as soon as I find evidence for his anti-town behaviour and then votes me for reasons that aren't more than fluff.

Also the "Gheb focuses on potshoting inactives" is a blatant lie that needs to stop being spread around. My suspects D1 were KK, whom I kept my vote on until almost end of D1 and Nick, whom I still want to lynch. None of them are inactive and this also blows up your "Gheb is jumpy" argument. I always tell inactives to speak up befor calling them suspicious (unlike Riddle who almost voted Tom only for not posting that big post right away). Only time I voted an inactive was you @D1 because nobody even knew if you were there.

So, uhmmm, I'd like to hear why my behaviour is scummy and not dummy arguments/lies like me being tunnelvisioned @ inactives, me being jumpy or fence-sitting. All of those accusations are LIES, only one of those is implies scumminess and none of those applies to me only. You call me fence-sitting after grilling Nick like that? Then tell me what you call what Junglefever is doing. You say I'm jumpy? Duh, seen what Marshy does?

Also, I find it funny how ALL the people who voted me didn't adress the points in the two posts I wrote (I even linked AND mentioned them for emphasis). It's almost ridiculous because I explicitly said that people should read them before they accuse me of anything.

Point it, as long as you have no arguments against I don't feel pressured in the slightest.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What I'm doing? I'm sitting here watching you getting jumpy over being called jumpy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's not the same jumpy? Jumpy as in "jumping from one vote/BW to another" =/= Jumpy because people vote for me.

Also, yes you sit there and watch....

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You don't have to vote inactives to take shots at them. What do you think you just did to me and Marshy? You've been doing it all game. Also when they say you've been jumpy and sitting on the fence, that applies to that too. You want to pressure people (like myself) but you wont vote them or do anything about it. It accomplishes nothing for the town.

And I know it wasnt the same jumpy, I was being facetious

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ugh i just made a giant post, and it was based greatly on an assumption, adn then i wnet back and foudn out that I was wrong the whole ****ing time.

Ill post tomorrow. my motivation has been thorouhgly shattered for a bit.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
lynch gheb and call it a day? he's an a sshat who's freaking out and calling everyone who dares to question him liars and i don't think there's a single person who isn't suspicious of him. the only people who haven't spoken up about him are kevin (likely town) and rockin. we should just ****ing go for it

frozen, gheb, what do you think about tom's lynchpool being one of us 3 today? i find his reasoning very compelling

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm starting to come around to a Gheb lynch Marshy. His reaction to being suspected wasn't the strongest I've seen. It seems like instead of directly addressing suspicions, he wants to push them away by saying they're lies without really ever putting up a defense of the actions he has taken. Also, in case I haven't already

Unvote: Nick

Riddle

Smash Lord
Back up your claims that all of our points are lies with evidence please. I can go through every point someone makes against me and say it's a lie too. It doesn't mean it is though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Read post #482, Riddle. There are two link to my previous posts. One of them CLEARLY explains how nick is anti-town and that I'm not just nudging him for my own sake. The other proves Marshy's accusations wrong and it'ss full of lies (just read it, I pointed it out anyways).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Last sentence is a bit messed up: The second link shows how many of Marshy's accusations are lies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Uhm about that...a lot of people seem to think I'm suspicious so I'm not surprised to see that Tom thinks so too. I'm still waiting for him to respond to my point. He challenged me to "prove" why Nick is anti-town and I made a detailed post on that issue. Hope he responds to that too.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Don't have time to make a post much now. I'll try to have some content by tomorrow evening at the latest.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lynch gheb and call it a day? he's an a sshat who's freaking out and calling everyone who dares to question him liars and i don't think there's a single person who isn't suspicious of him. the only people who haven't spoken up about him are kevin (likely town) and rockin. we should just ****ing go for it
QFT

frozen, gheb, what do you think about tom's lynchpool being one of us 3 today? i find his reasoning very compelling
Not sure if serious?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I read the links and they meant nothing. I don't need you linking to places where you did more of "I didn't do that" and "That's a lie".

That's all the second link was. First one is fine. That's not why I am suspicious of you anyways.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I read the links and they meant nothing. I don't need you linking to places where you did more of "I didn't do that" and "That's a lie".

That's all the second link was.
No it wasn't? It's more than just that. Which answers weren't good enough for you?
Also, not backing up some of the claims with quotes/proof is the same as lying.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Where do I do it? Quotes or it didn't happen.
You just say "thats a lie"

Gheb said:
No need to comment on that. Inactivity hurts town so I encourage people to post. Discussion is the only way for town to get results.
You can get people to post without voting them. Which is kind of the point here.

Gheb_01 said:
More FoS on marshy for discouraging it and using it as a dummy argument to blow things out of proportion.
Whatever.

Gheb said:
No, he didn't? lol stop inventing stuff. I was asking him once about why he unvoted Nick and that's it.
More thats a lie stuff.

Gheb said:
Wtf? Never going after anyone? What a lie. I was CLEARLY going after KK 1 with Nick being my FoS target. Also subtly pushing the idea that I'm town = scum? As a townplayer am I supposed to play scummy? Doesn't make sense.
Even more.

Gheb said:
Never said "why should we be suspicious of swords". This is whatI said:
why should we be suspicious of (swords) when Karthik is posting the same garbage, jumps every bandwagon too but doesn't even respond to anything?

Saying that KK is just as suspicious =/= saying that swords isn't suspicious.
You still weren't on the bandwagon and it is very unlikely that scum would be.

No? I was just trying to work with something we were talking about at this point. It was my first post after replacing Blazer and the first thing I noticed was the discussion Nick vs Tom. Tom pressured nick but voted triddle so I asked people about their thoughts. Big deal? It was the only discussion we had at this point so why not start right there?

Nobody noticed because it isn't the case. You better quote things in context if you want your argument to be taken serious. My vote on KK was there for a reason and stayed there for a while.

The reason you voted me was because I was mentioned more than any other player as potential scum. To start a BW because you expect people to jump it.
Your case against me is complete crap and just as fluffy and misleading as the stuff nick is posting.

Need to elaborate on this. Never disagreed with anybody voting sword. Misleading and lying.

:059:[/QUOTE]

Riddle

Smash Lord
what horrible formatting let me try to fix that the last part should be:

Gheb said:
No? I was just trying to work with something we were talking about at this point. It was my first post after replacing Blazer and the first thing I noticed was the discussion Nick vs Tom. Tom pressured nick but voted triddle so I asked people about their thoughts. Big deal? It was the only discussion we had at this point so why not start right there?
Doesn't mean much.

The rest of the post didn't have anything for me to respond to.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You just say "thats a lie"
He didn't back his claim up.

You are asking me to back up my claims but it's OK if Marshy doesn't?

You can get people to post without voting them. Which is kind of the point here.
Only inactive Vote EVER was Frozenflame. Also, no, sometimes you can't get people to post without voting them. Example: Rockin.

Whatever.
Love how you skip an important point just like that.

More thats a lie stuff.
He couldn't back his claim up. Is it too much asked to do it? I'm @L-3 now already because of his post despite the fact that he can't back up ANY of his claims (und thus do have the same value as lies - none at all). I mean this is really annoying. I'm being put at L-3 BUT WHAT FOR? For reasons that nobody can back up or varify.

Even more.
But not only. Read the sentence again and you'll see that I ARGUED this point and showed him how he was wrong.

The rest of the post didn't have anything for me to respond to.
Because I was forced to argue strawmen, which leads to such conclusions.

Ronike

Smash Ace
A panel opens on the ceiling, and in drops some Pepperoni Lover's, stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut!

There's your flavor. I hope you're happy.
Vote Count:

Nick(1): Gheb
Gheb(3): Riddle, Nick, FF

Not Voting: Tom, Marshy, Jungle, Rockin, Kevin, Mentos

Ronike

Smash Ace
As soon as Tom starts to wander towards said pizza, the claw which recently collected samples from Swords and NOT nick descends once again from the ceiling, crushing said pizza and contaminating it with dried blood from the newly deceased.

"Ahahaha... that was fun.

"Why'd you have to go and ruin one of our perfectly good pizza... I'm hungry too you know..."

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

eats the pizza anyways

your move ronike

Ronike

Smash Ace
Upon ingesting the slice of pizza covered in flakes of dried blood and Panacea, Tom immediately throws up. Upon trying to stand from his crouching position, he finds that although the Panacea that had now entered his body was too weak to control him and always would be, it did at least manage to paralyze his legs for the rest of the day, making him unable to contribute to lynching a member of the group.

Tom is voteblocked for the day. With only 9 available votes, only 5 votes are required for a lynch.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
LOOOOOOOOOL hahaha i love this game

gentlemen i do believe my brain cancer has driven me insane.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Suddenly, Tom could stand again! Apparently, the amount of Panacea in his body, though substantial enough to do SOMETHING, wasn't substantial enough to do it for long.

Tom is unvoteblocked. With 10 available votes, hammer time is at 6 votes.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Uhm about that...a lot of people seem to think I'm suspicious so I'm not surprised to see that Tom thinks so too. I'm still waiting for him to respond to my point. He challenged me to "prove" why Nick is anti-town and I made a detailed post on that issue. Hope he responds to that too.
do dge

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
not

You asked me what I think of Tom's lynchpool.
I answered: I'm not surprised to be up there. He didn't post a reason but so did nobody else who voted me so I guess it's all the same. It bothers me because he still hasn't responded to my post in which I explain the whole issue with nick but I'm not really surprised. Nothing surprises me now...

Idk for sure why you guys are on his lynchpool but it's not actually hard to see why. You building a massive case against Rockin, pushing a lynch and then unvoting without posting a reason, you agreeing that nick is a VI and needs to die and then suddenly drop that issue altogether despite me backing up these claims in detail and then jump on the gheb BW out of the blue like "ok i think he's scum olololo" doesn't make you look credible or pro-town.

Not sure what he thinks about frozen because Tom still hasn't posted anything with substance ofter challenging me to prove nick being anti-town. Maybe he dislikes his lack of input or some posts from D1 seem to be off. Not sure, need to read more on that issue.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You guys are in his lynch pool because you weren't on the swords bandwagon. Please stop skimming.

kthxbai.

Top Bottom