• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
It's crazy people on Peach boards are like "Falcon ***** peach" and people on the falcon boards are like "Peach ***** falcon"

I think it's the most even matchup in the game personally. They meet each other SO evenly.

None the less, I **** falcon.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
It's crazy people on Peach boards are like "Falcon ***** peach" and people on the falcon boards are like "Peach ***** falcon"

I think it's the most even matchup in the game personally. They meet each other SO evenly.

None the less, I **** falcon.
I kinda agree with the even matchup thing
BUT
i tend to think peach > falcon
but, it can go either way
like a bi sexual

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I would say Dreamland. Gives you good space to run around and avoid their huge wavedash, while having platforms to further help keep away from grabs. Sure, it's big so they won't die outright as badly, but so won't you. Also, IC's aren't too bad to edgeguard, so you can often make sure they die if they get hit off stage.

Drecker

Smash Ace
I mean, I'll usually go Kongo Jungle as a first counterpick (And win), but then I get taken to a small stage where they just run the show. Might start working on my Japes game, I can see it really screwing IC's.

Thoughts?

Quoth Husband: THERE'S ****ING TWO OF THEM.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Kongo Jungle sounds good too, though I don't know about Japes. From my experience with playing climbers, you want to have lots of space to run around to bait and avoid their stuff. Japes is a little small for doing that I would think, and they can probably out-camp you on the side platforms and beat all your approaches with that utilt of theirs.

I don't know though. I've never played an IC's on that level. I don't think they would be too keen on playing it themselves though.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Make them recover high, which is exactly what they can't do, but you can. I'd recommend Brinstar if you want a good CP, their mobility turns to ****, but so po's recovery gets a lot better. Just hit him a lot on that stage and he dies.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I think Jungle Japes will be worse for you. They're probably going to have a much easier time ccing and dsmashing you and your aerials, or grabbing you.

I don't really know why Falcon would counter pick Japes versus any particular character. There are probably much better cp stages for almost, if not all, his match-ups.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
When I grab Marth, what should I be going for? uthrow? dthrow? and when I pick a throw which move is supposed to combo? Usually I try uthrow nair, but Marth often hits me before the nair combos.

I'd also be very grateful if you could give me advice on what throw to use when I grab a fastfaller, and what I should go for once I knock them down. Is it percent dependent, or should I be always using grab to follow-up?

Thanks in advance.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
When I grab Marth, what should I be going for? uthrow? dthrow? and when I pick a throw which move is supposed to combo? Usually I try uthrow nair, but Marth often hits me before the nair combos.

I'd also be very grateful if you could give me advice on what throw to use when I grab a fastfaller, and what I should go for once I knock them down. Is it percent dependent, or should I be always using grab to follow-up?

Thanks in advance.
dthrow ->regrab until 30%, then uthrow into nair or uair, I prefer nair
I'll let somebody else answer about fastfallers

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I know I'm not the best Falcon around to answer this, but for me, the general idea with grabbing fastfallers is upthrow when you want to give yourself time to get into place for techchasing or predicting stomps/knees in pretty much any direction, whereas with dthrow, you generally mix it in if you expect the flubbed tech, or the tech in place or towards you. Or dropzone, if you're at the ledge, lol.

I dunno, there really isn't any clear cut distinction between when to uthrow or dthrow. You pretty much have to learn and feel it out per person. I do know, however, that at 80% to about 100%, you uthrow re-grab, or tilt on spacies if they don't DI away far enough. And at about 100% to 110%, you can fsmash them if they don't DI away or up. It's some other, lower percents for Falcon dittos, which I do not know as concretely.

My general rule of thumb is to regrab for the first techchase, than try to predict a stomp/knee for the next based on how they teched the first one. But, once again, it depends on how things shake out, ha ha.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
dthrow ->regrab until 30%, then uthrow into nair or uair, I prefer nair
I'll let somebody else answer about fastfallers
I'll keep this in mind. I keep forgetting you can dthrow regrab Marth like that. Thanks Toma.

I know I'm not the best Falcon around to answer this, but for me, the general idea with grabbing fastfallers is upthrow when you want to give yourself time to get into place for techchasing or predicting stomps/knees in pretty much any direction, whereas with dthrow, you generally mix it in if you expect the flubbed tech, or the tech in place or towards you. Or dropzone, if you're at the ledge, lol.

I dunno, there really isn't any clear cut distinction between when to uthrow or dthrow. You pretty much have to learn and feel it out per person. I do know, however, that at 80% to about 100%, you uthrow re-grab, or tilt on spacies if they don't DI away far enough. And at about 100% to 110%, you can fsmash them if they don't DI away or up. It's some other, lower percents for Falcon dittos, which I do not know as concretely.

My general rule of thumb is to regrab for the first techchase, than try to predict a stomp/knee for the next based on how they teched the first one. But, once again, it depends on how things shake out, ha ha.
wow. My method is exactly the same. I usually re-grab after the first throw and use their tech choice to inform my next grab->chase decision.

Top Bottom