• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
PERSONA: This is your best set so far KW. I felt it seemed to flow better than you other sets in its writing and moves themselves. It s also obviously you've put more effort into you organization. Couple of little flaws I'd like to point out though. The Uthrow is underdetailed and overpowered, the codec is terrible, and the Luigi matchup makes absolutely NO sense at all. Overall, this is your best so far, but you certainly have a long way to go.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So, Persona was certainly beter than Mr.2, and one of your better sets overall.

The moves showed a lot of creativity and personality in them. Summoning and interacting with the ghosts sounds like a lot of un, and her general quirkiness shined through to me. Zombie teddy-bear summon? Never seen that before. My favorite move had to be the USmash for letting you gather all your ghosts into a single powerful force. It added a nice bit of depth to her as you want to create a lot of ghosts for stage control but then you might also want to just randomly make some for the USmash.

However, in turn I feel as though all her stage-control with the ghosts is a bit too much. She can summon ghosts which latch onto you and can be manually blown up. Her zombie bear has a lot of HP and is pwoerful. Her Netural Special is borderline broken without the limit of one per minute, but it's pretty rediculous when combined with her other stage control features. Even countering attacks is in her favor, as her FTilt horo deals damage when destoryed and itcan detonate other ones. There's no way for opponents to dodge all of the countless things she's throwing at them and any one of them can decimate opponents. I don't want the ghosts taken out as it's the heart and sould of the moveset, but I really think SOMETHING has to be toned down.

Honestly, if it weren't for the balance, I would say that this tops Ghor, but for now I think it's simply too broken for me to say that. In any case, it's an interesting moveset, and maybe this balance flaw as a fluke that will be remedied in your next set.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Perona is certainly a very interesting moveset. Like HR, I think that balance concerns keep this from being your best set, but this is an impressive effort. The whole playstyle is undoubtedly my favorite part. Granted, trappiness is overdone, but the ghosts put a positive twist on it. This feels immensely true to character, but I wouldn't know, as I don't watch One Piece. In any case, Perona shows us what you're capable of, and if you can fix this balance problem you'll be able to make some wonderful movesets. Great job!

Page spam for HR's birthday set, GO!

Smady

Smash Master
Aye, Chernabog is a large improvement over Me from the very beginning. The mechanic of having Chernabog completely stationary is a brave one and makes a whole lot more sense than your seven deadly sins one in Me, but it’s still a flimsy idea. It eliminates a lot of what is Smash from the moveset.

Unfortunately, the moveset is plagued with problems here, there and everywhere. For one, you don’t often enough give examples for how a move works in the air. Moves like Earthquake: “ground (or on the platform that he is suspended on if he is on a moving stage)” – elaborate on this, does he have a platform already, or does he have to be on one? So on moving platforms, he can move around? This move particularly emphasises how bad parts of the moveset are; really, as it goes on to say all foes in the air are meteor smashed. So basically, it hits anyone, anywhere – it hits if foes are in the air or on the ground and will meteor smash them to their death when not above a platform? Not enough of an explanation.

There are other interesting concepts in the movesets, more so than Me but still lacking compared to others. It’s a marked difference at least, but you’re still obviously lagging – I recommend coming into the MYM chat sometime and asking for a preview. Back onto the moveset, it at least has good colouring, a stand-able layout and an okay use of images compared to the average. One major missing feature is a playstyle, a popular section in recent MYMing that basically every ‘big’ set has and is extremely important. Without this, Chernabog demonstrates how madly magical MYMing can be, I’m afraid. Still, it’s a small step up and I look forward to seeing you best it, hopefully by a wider margin.

So onto the latest MW prank victim, Perona is as odd as Mr. 2. I suppose most, if not all One Piece characters are very unique, but the art style has always struck me as borderline grotesque. Like the sort of thing you’d see on mannequins in the late 19th century.

First, what I must comment on is the organisation. Alright, so you have the whole small, grey font thing working not well and selections of pink, purple and yellow, along with some badly-compressed images… suffice to say, it could be better. It’s probably better than Mr. 2, but Darth Meanie is pushing it to extremities with his dark grey text and his is bigger and better. Nitpicky; it needed to be said.

The moveset itself is lacking in oomph mainly. She’s essentially a summon moveset but nothing she does has much charm to it – Dr. Wily is a good example of a summon-er, his creations are barely sentient yet each produces a wacky personality or character. With the ghosts, they seem pretty generic and non-interesting. There are lots of at least quasi-intriguing concepts in the moveset, though, so that can be forgiven.

My biggest complaint on the topic of concepts is the lopsided playstyle. Perona is almost broken, except that her grabbing game requires the bear. It’s not so much a handicap, as he can be summoned in ‘.2’ of a second [use fraction terminology here] and otherwise the throws are boring anyway. However, aside from this one problem, this One Piece moveset is nigh invincible. The bear down special is a good example of this – an entire CPU with 50% stamina? That is a lot, and she hardly needs the assistance! Needless to say, the playing style really suffers as a result.

In all, the moveset doesn’t really go anywhere and that is my biggest criticism. There is little advantage put to the ghosts, mainly it’s all about dominating with Perona’s disjointed hit boxes or mind games due to the excessive use of ghosts. The blatant copying of Peach’s recovery is not welcome, nor is the original, but badly-presented take on the playstyle section. It’s very messy. I wish you would again, like peeup, improve in your future movesets and keep asking for previews in the chat until some Good Samaritan takes you seriously.

It’s not terrible, but it’s more MYM3 than MYM6, if you catch my drift. It was an at times fun, at times irritating read. :laugh:

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
From the people who brought you Cortez, it's Hyper_Ridley's and Goldwyvern's birthday moveset extraveganza!

WHEEL GATOR

Music:

Megaman X2: Wheel Gator stage theme
Megaman X2: Final Boss
Megaman X2: Neo Sigma
Megaman X5: Axel the Red stage theme
Megaman 5: Napalm Man stage theme
Megaman 7: Turbo Man stage theme

Wheel Gator is a “reploid”, or sentient robot, originating in Megaman X2. He was the leader of the Reploid navy until he was corrupted by a computer virus known as “Sigma”. This caused him to join up with other “Maverick” reploids and help Sigma in attempting to destroy all human life. Wheel Gator’s abilities include launching the wheels on his shoulders (hence his name), eating enemy projectiles to fuel his own, and of course, his powerful jaws like organic alligators.

STATS

Movement Speed: 5/10

Traction: 8/10

Attack Speed: 5/10 (His moves tend to have lower lag on one end of the move but higher lag on the other, as well as some plain quick ones and plain slow ones)

Attack Power: 5/10 (He can deal some nice damage with some moves, but he has only one true KO option. This KO option is powerful enough to keep him from dipping below average.)

Range: 8/10 (He’s got a far reaching projectile as well as movement-based attacks that even keep his melee moves from being truly short-ranged)

Priority: 8/10 (Lotsa grabs. You’d think Warlord was involved with this set.)

First Jump: 5/10

Midair Jump: 4.5/10

Aerial Movement: 3/10 (he’s a water creature not a bird!)

Fall Speed: 6/10

Size: About as tall as Luigi but wider due to his tail

Weight: Around the same as Samus

SPECIALS​

Down Special \\ Marsh Trap //
Wheel Gator dives straight into the ground, going trough drop-through platforms until he hits a solid platform. If he has to fall through the air to reach solid ground, his body is a low priority hitbox that deals 6% and flinching knockback. When he does hit the target ground-type, he will promptly dig into it and create a hole filled with mud over .6 seconds, being completely invulnerable during this time, before he jumps out of the puddle and lands directly in front of it. There is below average startup and end lag to this.

The mud hole is 1.4 times the width of Bowser and as deep as Luigi is tall, shrinking down if need be to fit onto the platform. Characters can walk into it with no problems due to a short slope from ground level to the hole’s bottom. If the character’s head is submerged under the mud it won’t affect gameplay but you can’t see the character underneath the mud. There can only be one hole at a time, with the move input disable until the current one disappears. A mud hole lasts for 10 seconds before drying up and the platform returning to normal. Water attacks will refresh the timer however (Wheel Gator's sole water move is his DTilt).

If Wheel Gator has his enemy in a grab or caught in a grab-like move while either of them is in the mud hole he will pull them under the surface (no matter how small the puddle is, the characters will simply disappear under the surface of the mud). You can hear some attacking sounds as Wheel Gator viciously mauls his prey, and then the victim will be shot out of the hole, taking 20% and vertical knockback that KOs at 60%. This is Wheel Gator’s primary KO method, but naturally your enemy is gonna be trying to avoid the hole at all costs. Hmmmmm…

Neutral Special \\ Buzzsaw Blur //
Lol alliteration. So anyways, the bronze wheel on Gator’s shoulders will start to whirl around as energy gathers around it. Another press of the button will cause the wheels to stop. There is low lag to start or stop the wheel. While the wheel is turning, it is a low priority hitbox that deals 1% with flinching knockback for every .1 seconds the enemy is caught in it, and while the enemy can DI away rather easily Wheel Gator is free to move and attack while his wheel is activated. So why would you want to ever turn it off? Well, the energy used for the wheel is drawn from Wheel Gator’s movement systems, causing him to move at .75 times speed and aerial mobility while it is on. His attack speed is unaffected (video-game logic FTW!). It’s best to use attacks that propel Wheel Gator around while he uses this move so that he can more easily keep up with the foe.

Side Special \\ Spin Wheel //
This is Wheel Gator’s obligatory usage of his weapon that he gives to Megaman. Hooray! The wheel on his shoulder will rev up before firing out of his shoulder (a new one appearing instantly thanks to video-game logic) on a low trajectory. There is average startup lag to this with low end, but if you already had a wheel spinning from the neutral special the startup lag is reduced to nearly nothing, though this will also deactivate the netural special in the process.

The wheel will roll along the ground at the speed of Wolf’s blaster with decent priority, traveling up walls and across ceilings like a hothead but it can’t grip walls going down. It lasts for 6 seconds but only 2 of these can be on the stage at a time (just like in the game omg!). It deals 4% with flinching knockback when it hits something but it won’t disappear until its timer is up or it’s out-prioritized. If the wheel runs into Wheel Gator’s mud-hole, it will become stuck in the bottom. This can be used to ensnare an enemy in the mud-hole if they happen to be in it at the same time, though Wheel Gator will still have to get over to the mud-hole himself for the killing blow.

Up Special \\ Wheel Grip //
Wheel Gator leaps upwards .8x the height of Sonic’s Up Special with low startup lag to boot. His entire body is an average priority hitbox that deals 8% with knockback that KOs at 175%. As he reaches the top of his jump, his shoulder wheels rev up if they weren’t already and have a green glow. If his wheel were already revved with the neutral special they will have a green glow the entire time. If Wheel gator hits a wall or the underside of a platform with his wheels in this state he will actually grip onto them and pull himself up to the top of the wall/platform. His body is a hitbox of priority during this and deals 9% with knockback that KOs at 165%. In any case this move has below average end lag, making this a very nice recovery move overall

STANDARDS

Jab \\ Mmmm, Bullets //
Wheel Gator opens his jaws and keeps them held open as long as you hold the attack button. Any projectiles that go inside his mouth will be absorbed, with explosives dealing 6% without hitstun when Wheel Gator eats them. Upon releasing the attack button, Gator slams shut his jaws, forming a high priority hitbox that deals 8% with knockback that KOs at 210%. There is below average startup lag to the move and average end lag.

Forward Tilt \\ Foul Breath //
Wheel Gator once again opens his mouth, but this time he opens it momentarily to exhale a strong gust of wind that travels forwards as far as 1/5 of battlefield. There is low startup lag to this but average end lag.

But wait, couldn’t an enemy just advance during the end lag so you don’t push them at all? Well, if you’ve eaten at least one projectile with his jab before using this move, he will fire a small yellow energy pellet out of his mouth at the same time he exhales. This pellet travels straight ahead for infinite range, having low priority and dealing 3% with flinching knockback and slightly higher than normal hit-stun. This allows you to push enemies further back with the wind as they’re either in hit-stun during Gator’s end lag or they’re stuck in their attack animation to beat out the energy pellet. With this and any other attacks that use "ammo" acquired from the jab, you will have to eat some more projectiles before you can use these functions again.

Down Tilt \\ Undertow //
Gator’s crouching position is him low to the ground on all fours. An effective crouch if I say so myself. For the actual attack, he’ll spew some murky water out of his mouth that travels along the ground at the speed of Sonic’s walk. The stream is as long as Peach is tall and doesn’t reach high off the ground at all. It pushes enemies along like Piplup but this water is actually possible to DI out of (though still harder than average), and the water deals no damage and lasts for .6 seconds before disappearing. There is low startup lag and average end lag to firing the water,

Up Tilt \\ Tail-Stand //
Wheel Gator leaps straight up as high Bowser is tall, performing a head-butt which deals 9% with vertical knockback that KOs at 150% and has average priority. At the apex of his jump, Wheel Gator extends his tail downwards, bending it a bit as he lands, and you can press left or right on the control stick for him to launch himself in that direction at a 20 degree angle upwards. He goes as far as 1/3 of battlefield at a good speed, his body a high-priority hitbox that deals 8% with knockback that KOs at 170%. The move ends in the air. Below average startup and end lag.

Dash Attack \\ I Spin Me Right Round... //
Wheel Gator seamlessly starts to rapidly spin in a ferocious spiral as he travels forward, having below average startup lag to do this. This deals 1% per .2 seconds as he goes along at 1.2x his normal dash speed and has average priority. Enemies are pulled along with him for continuous hits but can escape with moderate DI. You will not stop moving while in this attack until you hit something or you press the attack button again (sorry Junahu). If he hits a wall, he will smash into it, leaving a small niche in the wall that does nothing. There is above average ending lag if this happens as Wheel Gator struggles to get out of the wall. Otherwise, this attack has below average end lag if you cancel it manually.

SMASHES

Foward Smash \\ Catch, Maim, and Release //
Wheel Gator will Crouch low in a feral pose during the charge that makes him completely invisible if standing in his mud hole. After the charge is released, Gator will lunge forward as far as 1/4 of battlefield at a surprisingly high speed. If the hitbox (his head), touches an opponent, Gator will grab them (that's important, kiddies) with his teeth, dealing 7-18% depending on the length of the charge. He then proceeds to throw the opponent away with a single head movement sending them fowards as far as half of battlefield. This move has average startup lag and low end lag.

Down Smash \\ Weapon Assault //
Wheel Gator gets down on all fours and spreads his arms as a wheel revs up and fires off backwards with a red glow, acting similarly to the one from his side-special but only lasting half as long and dealing 8% (13% charged) with knockback that KOs at 180% (140% charged). Average startup lag (unless you have a wheel pre-revved via neutral special) and average end lag.

If you’ve eaten projectiles beforehand with your jab, Wheel Gator adds a new piece to the move. He’ll open his jaws and let loose with a barrage of machine-gun fire from his mouth that reaches straight across 1/4 of battlefield. It is disjointed and lasts for .6 seconds, dealing 4% for every .1 seconds you are caught in it and being extremely hard to DI out of. This part of the attack also happens very quickly once you start up so Wheel Gator has extra defense from the front while his wheels prepare for firing. This is a good damage racking tool in any case since the end lag is below average when he can use this attack.

Up Smash \\ Frisbee Catch //
Wheel gator opens his jaws and leaps straight up off the ground and slightly forwards, snapping his jaws shut at the apex of his jump. He jumps higher with more charge, from Mario’s height with no charge to triple that at full charge. If he hits somebody during the leap, he will instantly clamp his teeth around them (this counts as a grab), and flip over in midair so his enemy is beneath him. He will then perform his version of a spinning piledriver straight into the ground, dealing 11% with no knockback, instead leaving the enemy lying on the ground as Wheel Gator hops off. There is below average startup lag and average end lag whether he misses or not, with him ending the move in the air if he misses. This is your primary way of getting opponents out of the air and one step closer to your hole of death.

AERIALS

Neutral Aerial \\ Swimming Upstream //
Wheel Gator leans forwards and goes into a real-life alligator swimming motion with his arms and legs tucked closed to his body. As he does this his shoulder wheels rev up if they weren’t already, though either way the startup lag is below average. Wheel Gator “swims” through the air as far as ½ of battlefield at an above average speed and his fall speed is reduced to the same as Lucario’s. Even if he hits the ground his spinning wheels allow him to keep “swimming” through the remainder of the attack distance. His wheels are a high-priority hitbox during this attack that deal 10% with set knockback as far as 1/3 of battlefield. Below average end lag.

Forward Aerial \\ Get Back Here! //
Wheel Gator simply reaches out and snaps with his jaws. This has below average startup lag but average end lag if he misses. If he connects (grab!) he swings his head upwards and tosses his enemy over his shoulder for 8% and low backwards knockback. The move has below average end lag if he connects and deals decent hit-stun, allowing you to combo into his Bair.

Back Aerial \\ Tearing You Down //
Wheel Gator turns around and…does another bite with a grab hitbox xD. This one has average startup lag since he has to turn around first but below average end lag since he doesn’t turn back around if he misses. If he does grab someone he will toss them downwards with a jerk of his neck, dealing 10% and a moderate spike. This is mainly a method to get an enemy out of the air, but you could of course attempt some gimping with it.

Up Aerial \\ Shotgun Burst//
Wheel Gator looks straight up as he opens his mouth, exhaling a small wind gust that pushes enemies as high as Mario is tall. There is low startup lag and average end lag to this. Average end lag for a non-damaging small wind effect? Surely there must be more to this move than that.

Fortunately, there is! If you had eaten projectiles before doing this move, a yellow burst of energy will fire from Wheel Gator’s mouth when he opens it instead of wind. This burst is the size of Olimar and disjointed. Normally it deals 12% with vertical knockback that KOs at 150%. However, this move works like a real shotgun so if you hit someone right at the base of the blast, it deals 1.3x damage and knockback! (smirk)

Down Aerial \\ Airboat Ahoy! //
Wheel Gator Goes into a belly-down position in the air and straightens out his body. He will then fall at double his fall speed for the height of 2 Ganondorfs or until he hits an opponent. This is far from a spike, but it does have small downward knockback to backup the 4% the enemy also receives. If he lands on his mudhole, he will automatically start to dash towards the closest enemy. They arent getting away so easily! Well, maybe they are since the priority of the falling attack is abyssmal and your dash is no faster than your normal dash. The dash can be cancelled with a press of the Attack Button. There is low startup and end lag to the overall move

THROWS​

Grab/Pummel \\ Pearly Whites //
Wheel Gator will bend forward and grab his opponent in his mouth. This has nice range due to him leaning fowards and the grab comes out quickly, but it has punishable end lag. His pummel is un-surprisingly biting the opponent, dealing 2% for each bite but this cannot be spammed very well at all.

Foward Throw \\ Never Look A Gift Gator in the Mouth! //
Wheel Gator will grasp his opponent's head with both hands. He then opens his mouth and unleshes a RAAAWR! into his opponent's face, dealing 1% and absolutly NO knockback before Wheel Gator releases his opponent. What makes this move useful though, is that the opponent is dizzy for .6 seconds after Wheel Gator lets go, but they are immune to grabs during this special stun. Another added perk is that if you've eaten a projectile via Gator's Jab, he will shoot an energy pellet into his opponent's face as he rawrs, causing an extra 4% to be done. Nifty!

Back Throw \\ Taken to Your Doom //
Wheel Gator gets on all fours as he keeps the enemy held in his mouth. He then starts to walk backwards, dragging the enemy along with him at the speed of Dedede’s dash, and hopefully towards his mud-hole…fortunately for the opponent, their grab-timer continues to tick down at its normal speed during this “throw”, so Wheel Gator had best use this the moment he connects with a grab for maximum efficiency.

Up Throw \\ Leaping Slam //
Wheel Gator leaps up with the foe still in his grasp as though he were about to perform his USmash on them, but then…oh wait, he does. Yep, it does the same damage and whatnot as if he performed his actual USmash on the enemy, but this one obviously doesn’t have anti-air uses since he’s performing it from a regular grab. Use this to build damage when your grab timer is too low to make much use of BThrow or DThrow.

Down Throw \\ Death Roll //
Ah, the classic killing maneuver of alligators and crocodiles. Wheel Gator proceeds to roll in place, whipping the enemy around so fast that their head starts to be ripped from their neck (thank goodness for Brawl’s E10 rating!) The grab timer continues to go down during this throw but only at .7x its normal speed. 2% is dealt for every .1 second the enemy is “torn apart”, and when the enemy is supposed to break free Wheel Gator tosses them backwards for an additional 5% and set horizontal knockback as far as 1/5 of battlefield.

SITUATIONALS​

Rising Attack \\ Playing Possum-Bot //
Wheel Gator seems to do nothing for .6 seconds, but then he suddenly leaps off the ground as far as Ike is tall, dealing 9% and knockback that KOs at 200%. After this, he just falls back down to the stage with no end lag. Due to the startup lag, enemies can simply attack if you if they predict you are doing this move, so mix it up by waiting without doing this move only to roll away as they attack.

Ledge Attack \\ Even Robots Exercise //
Wheel Gator musters extra strength into his servos and does a pull up to lift his head over the edge, biting forward when he does so. The bite has suprisingly high priority and deals 9% with knockback that KOs at 120%. There is high startup lag to the move but essentially no end lag as he remains on the ledge when the attack is finished.

FINAL SMASH​

\\ Natural Habitat //
Wheel Gator starts to rotate every sharp or pointy object on his body (that's a lot) as he dives downward similarly to his Down Special except this time the damage if he connects with an opponent is 16% this time and he goes all the way down to the bottom of the screen. After he gets there, the stage begins to flood with mud until 2/3 of the screen is filled. But no, this isnt a simple mechanic enhancer as this mud isnt for standing in. If anyone except for Gator touches it, they are pulled like the rapids in Jungle Japes. If Gator touches the rapids, it's as if he fell into normal water that he cannot drown in. While Swimming, pressing the attack button will cause Gator to bite an opponent, and this counts as a grab and the screen-filling mud can be used for mud-hole KOs. This final smash lasts for 16 seconds. Watch out!

PLAYSTYLE​

Alright, so you want to play this guy? Well, at first you might think you are playing a typical mid-heavyweight. He’s only moderately fast and damages okay, and he prefers ground combat. That’s when you get your butt kicked because he only has one real KO move that doesn’t even work like a traditional melee power move.

But first things first, let’s rack up damage! Wheel Gator likes to play defensively during this stage of the game. Buzzsaw Blur should be active during this time as Wheel Gator will be focusing on forcing approaches with Spin Wheel, and his reduced movement speed won’t be a hindrance as he can use the range of his lunging attacks to punish enemy attacks. Considering how many grab-type moves he has he should have no problems simply waiting for an enemy attack then casually biting through it. If the enemy tries to camp, just use your Jab to eat all of their projectiles and get buffs to some of your moves in the process. Then use FTilt and DTilt to return enemies to ranged combat. Wheel Gator also has a bit of combo potential due to some of his moves being cancelable, but he’s still far from one of those darn combo heavyweights.

Once you get your foe up to a moderately high percent, it’s time to actually create a mud-hole! The placement of this should be someplace you can easily access without leaving a large amount of escape options for your foe. Generally, you want an aerial (USmash) and grounded access point for your attack, and have it somewhere on the most traversed part of the stage so it will be in play that much more often.

Oh, but of course, you still need to actually get the opponent into the hole and grab them to finish them off! Now you’ll want to play a little more aggressively since your opponent probably won’t be coaxed into approaching you when you’re inside your mud-hole. Buzzsaw Blur should be disabled to give yourself some extra movement as you chase after your opponent, using Wheel Gator’s lunging attacks to help him get ever closer to his enemy as he hopefully hits them towards his mud-hole. BThrow will become vital at this point as you could potentially take the victim into the hole without having to be inside to begin with! The key here is to make sure you remember which moves are grabs so that once the enemy is in the hole you can immediately go for the kill. If your mud-hole start to run out of time then quickly fire a stream of water with DTilt to keep it fresh.

Generally speaking, you won’t want to go into the air that much. Wheel Gator’s aerial attacks themselves are by no means bad on their own, but his mediocre jumps, higher than average fall speed, and poor aerial movement makes it difficult to use his aerials much outside of his NAir, which is great due to its lunging nature and the ability to continue on the ground. Fai and Bair of course have their niche due to being grab moves so they play a role in the KO phase of Wheel Gator’s strategy.

Wheel Gator is actually competent at gimping in case he simply cannot get his foe into the mud-hole. DTilt’s already been compared to Piplup and you know how easily that thing can push enemies into the abyss. FTilt has a wind-effect which can always be used to keep enemies from just barely reaching the edge. Bair is a meteor smash. Heck, why not just place the mud hole at the edge and catch someone as they try to recover! Conversely, Wheel Gator has a respectable recovery. He has a sub-par aerial game but his actual Up-special is quick, long reaching, and can even grab the underside of platforms if he misses the edge.

Overall, Wheel Gator is a rather unique character on the roster. He is a defensive character heavily focused on a strong grab-game but he has to be a bit more aggressive to score KOs. A variety of attacks that launch him around the stage nicely round out his abilities. Casuals (and Onishiba) will probably hate him due to his emphasis on grabs but competitive players will be able to take advantage of his sluggishness and keep him from being dominating.

MATCHUPS​

Vs Overdrive Ostrich: 75/25 Overdrive Ostrich’s favor
Wheel Gator may have moves to propel him around the environment, but Overdrive Ostrich is quite difficult to catch due to being the ultimate hit-and-run character. The moment Gator whiffs an attack Ostrich can just casually punish with a dash attack which turns him around so he can immediately make an escape. Even if Wheel Gator does happen to get him to KO percents, Ostrich can just escape to the background and escape to the other side of the stage, pelting Wheel Gator with projectiles the entire time. Gator will have to control the stage with Spin Wheel and basically spam BThrow to try and keep Ostrich remotely close to the mud-hole. But even then, Ostrich can literally run circles around Wheel Gator as he struggles to keep up

Vs Cortez: 65/35 Wheel Gator’s favor
So, Cortez is sluggish, and despite his insane melee range Wheel Gator can still punish Cortez due to his lunging moves. Cortez is also big and light, so he’ll be die quickly and be easily grabbed in the mud-hole. However, Cortez actually has a decent aerial game for something with his speed and size, so if he remains airborne (and avoids Gator’s USmash) he’ll never actually be in the mud-hole to begin with. Cortez has an okay recovery but Wheel Gator can still gimp him, whereas Cortez doesn’t have any way to gimp Gator, nor does he have much KO moves either. The matchup goes to Wheel Gator, but Cortez can possibly win if he emphasizes his aerial game to defend against Gator’s KO move.

Vs Acid Seaforce: 60/40 Wheel Gator’s favor
Oh no, a rival joint Maverick that won MYM5! Like you might expect, Wheel Gator will have a bit of trouble with Seaforce camping with projectiles all day while Wheel Gator’s damage climbs from acid damage. Good luck coaxing Seaforce over to your mud-hole when he can just escape and return to even more camping. However, there is a hitch; Seaforce just cannot KO Wheel Gator. His KO moves are already difficult to set-up, and Wheel Gator’s up-special is nearly un-gimpable, leaving Seaforce with no choice but to try camping far longer than he should. Wheel Gator WILL get in some damage (toss a Spin Wheel around the back of the stage where Seaforce’s FSmash won’t guard him) and all he has to do is keep grabbing Seaforce and pull him along more and more with BThrow, or use his own Bair to gimp Seaforce’s merely “okay” recovery. Wheel Gator wins the matchup due to him KOing Seaforce and not the other way around, but Seaforce can still pull off a win if he takes camping to the extreme.

Vs Spadefox: 60/40 Wheel Gator’s favor
Alright, so Spadefox will be doing the approaching, which we know he isn’t good at and Gator like to play defensively. Spadefox will taking a lot of damage while he tries to get past Gator’s grab-spamming (oh the delicious irony). Of course, Spade can also take away Wheel Gator’s projectiles and his precious mud-hole via FTilt, and this even takes away Gator’s DTilt so he can’t replenish a hole he already has on the stage. Still, Gator could always just camp a bit more while he waits for the effect to go away, but without his projectiles he can always be hit by a few more effects and completely lose his defensive options. The main advantage Spadefox has is that like Cortez, he can fight competently in the air to evade the Mud-hole, and he can even just casually glide under the stage to actually force Gator into trying to approach against Spade’s defensive tools! This keeps the matchup from being one-sided, though Gator will has the overall advantage.

TAUNTS

Side Taunt: Shared Defect
Gator starts to spark a little on his joints. He distresses and jogs in place rapidly until it stops. where have we seen this before...

Up Taunt: Birthday Moveset
Gator will put a birthday hat on and dance happily for a few seconds before putting the hat away.

Down Taunt: Tradition
Gator puts on a Football helemet and chugs a bottle of Gatorade. He then flexes all manly-like before putting his props (OMG PROP!) away

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
It's kinda sad that it takes two hours for an HR set to get its first comment. I think letting wyvern post it was a valiant but wrong-headed decision; you are, after all, thread starter, so your name would command more respect.

It's a great set, though. The main KO move is quite unique and makes for an interesting playstyle. This set is the closest you've ever come to generic attacks, and I say that as a positive, HR - I love me some genericness in the the greater service of playstyle. The grab attacks are all rightfully low-key and simple. Centering much of his moveset around his jab was an odd but fairly smart move, methinks.

It feels like wyvern wrote half of this set, which is a shame because we all know his writing style is not as good as HR's - but at least there's proper capitalization. Actually, Wheel Gator is very easy to read, since his descriptions are nice and short and his concepts are mostly simple. I got through him in about ten minutes - this makes the fact that he's gone uncommented even worse.

Basically there's little to dislike and a lot to like. Fascinating take on the heavyweight grab character, and quite a nice addition. Best wyvern set ever and HR's best yet (this contest).

And a very happy birthday to you both. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
It's kinda sad that it takes two hours for an HR set to get its first comment. I think letting wyvern post it was a valiant but wrong-headed decision; you are, after all, thread starter, so your name would command more respect.
Honestly, I'm more disturbed that people knew in the chat that Wyvern and I had a moveset that needed to be posted today, and yet very people commented on Persona so we wouldn't have to steal her spotlight. :(

It's a great set, though. The main KO move is quite unique and makes for an interesting playstyle. This set is the closest you've ever come to generic attacks, and I say that as a positive, HR - I love me some genericness in the the greater service of playstyle. The grab attacks are all rightfully low-key and simple. Centering much of his moveset around his jab was an odd but fairly smart move, methinks.
Consider this a "simplicity experement" if you wish. I figured since we already had a lot of mini-mechanics throughout his set (the jab, the buzzsaw) as well as an emphasis on lunging and grab attacks, it would have been overkill to make each individual move super crazy. You can thank Wyvern for coming up with the Mud-hole. :3

It feels like wyvern wrote half of this set, which is a shame because we all know his writing style is not as good as HR's - but at least there's proper capitalization. Actually, Wheel Gator is very easy to read, since his descriptions are nice and short and his concepts are mostly simple. I got through him in about ten minutes - this makes the fact that he's gone uncommented even worse.
Well, wyvern DID write half of this moveset. I tried to leave his writing style mostly intact when I "edited" the moves so that you guys could see that this in fact a joint setxD.

Basically there's little to dislike and a lot to like. Fascinating take on the heavyweight grab character, and quite a nice addition. Best wyvern set ever and HR's best yet (this contest).
I was worried when we started this set that it would get some backlash for its playstyle when Warlord has the monopoly on grab-based heavyweights, lol.

My best this contest? Better than even Spadefox? =O

I've noticed that my joints are always considered among my best. Hmmmm....xD

And a very happy birthday to you both. :bee:
Muchos Gracias Senor. =)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Seriously, guys?

I mean, I should hardly be talking, as I saw this earlier and refrained from commenting, but really. Wheel Gator's a rather phenomenal moveset, and it's all the worse not to comment on.

I'll admit, not all of the moves bled creativity. Some moves felt a wee bit Sakurai-ish like the fair and utilt, but hey, you can't have everything! In any case, it's the typical sacrificing-originality-for-playstyle, and yet there's originality left over. And speaking of the playstyle, I like what I see. Moves like the Mud Hole go a long way, and this guy has got a good bit of playstyle (GET IN MY MUD HOLE, D*MMIT!)

And, of course, it's immensely true to character. I wouldn't really know from not playing the game... but it feels really evident that you've taken all Wheel Gator can do and turned it into a move somehow. And I like it. A lot.

I can't say this is your best moveset this contest, Spadefox definitely beats it for now, but I probably like it as much as Rool does. He just hates Spadefox for some reason (The jerk!).

Happy birthday, and good job.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Wheel Gator

I see..so your birthday collab with GW was actually a remake of Wheelie instead of Cortez. So you're hoping to win another MYM with another Maverick eh? Or just a for fun set it seems, either one is respectable and I respect that you let GW post it instead of yourself (where it would probably be read much faster and such as K.Rool pointed out).

So what do I like about Wheel Gator? Well...he's fairly Smash-viable despite being a (gasp), trap character. Granted only his little mudhole is a trap but even so, it's his prime Ko move so yeah. The attacks are pretty nice and nothing jumps out at me as boring. I notice quite a bit of GW writing in the set which is a surprisingly good thing. It may be your partnership with H_R but your writing style here is drastically improved from Doc Robot as is the creativity...so as a goldwyvern set, this is a vast improvement over your other ventures and your teamwork with H_R seems absolutely wonderful (especially considering H_R said you suggested a large amount of the moves! Great job man!)

As far as it goes for an H_R set, it lacks some of the charm that made Toxic Seahorse so great as a Maverick set but it's certainly better than Ed. I personally still love your Spadefox set and I think that stands as your strongest set this contest but honestly, Wheel Gator is no slouch.

As a team effort, it's a great one; you and GW have a great connection that shines through on this set just like it did with Cortez yet...even stronger than it did with Cortez. It really seems like a younger/older brother thing going on here and it makes for a great moveset.

I look forward to both the Leviathan Guardians and whatever GW's next set may be, can't wait guys! I'm impressed!

Happy birthday by the way guys!

@kirbywizard: I'll edit this later with a Perona comment ; )

n88

Smash Lord
!Yadhtrib Yppah

Wheel Gator was pretty awesome. Some attacks were less than fascinating, but most of the set was creative. I enjoyed the various move interactions and mechanics (I really liked the jab mechanic), but the Neutral Special (Buzzsaw) Mechanic felt a bit strange. Wheel Gator's got average movement speed. I'd gladly take 3/4 of average in exchange for constant protection by hitboxes. And the taunts were kinda random. But whatever. Still fun to read.

In other news, I may be able to crank out two sets before MYM6 ends, rather than just the one I expected. This is due to my discovery of a mostly complete moveset on my computer that I don't really remember writing most of. It seems I intended to post it in MYM4.

Procrastination ftw.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
WHEEL GATOR
This is definitively a massive 180 from your usual movesets, HR. Very limited move originality with large emphasis on playstyle. Of course, that’s far from bad, but the main thing that deters me from other sets that use this approach is that comes off less as a highly focused playstyle and more as something that’s simply rushed, what with the Usmash/Uthrow and Side Special/Dsmash being the same (Or at least being able to be easily sandwiched together in the former’s case). In addition, all of those grab moves don’t seem to serve that much purpose for playstyle and there’s little to differentiate them. Helping the rushed feel right along is how much of Wyvern’s grammar isn’t fixed up, though it’s not –that- terrible and the move descriptions are brief enough for it to be forgivable. Of course, the whole “rushed feel” is present because the moveset, y’know, IS rushed.

That said, the playstyle does come out rather well and is without a doubt the highlight of the moveset. I’m loving the KO phase of his game and luring foes into his mud trap. Bthrow is a particularly ingenious move, and all the moves certainly do feel very allligatorish. The defensive phase of his game was somewhat of an excuse to make use of all those random grabs, though I do like the neutral A/B mechanics. I just wish there was more of a downside to having the wheel rotating. Just a small movement nerf is far from something to discourage it. Movement is a very unimportant category, though if you’d slowed him to a crawl I could see it working. Either way, if emphasized more it could fit into his switch from defensive to offensive mid-match and I’d rather not be a balance nazi so yeah.

Sorry to break it to you, but the moveset’s a far cry from Acid Seaforce, despite your partner, y’know, actually helping you with it. Less unique/flowing playstyle and less of the famous HR individual move creativity. Still a fun set in any case and definitely some good experience for you in focusing more on playstyle.

Speaking of which, did I mention that Spadefox has been disqualified from MYM 5? We’ve confirmed that Horinn (Or however you spell Spade’s alt), the maker of Nature, is in fact, Spade’s alt. Ocon IP checked him. Spade super voted Nature on his main. He cheated. Nature’s disqualified. Ashe’s disqualified. The MYM 5 top 50 is now the top MYM 5 top 48. Spade’s name is being removed from Acid Seaforce due to him cheating/hardly doing anything on it anyway.

THE RAPTORS
After Rival Trainer being a pretty run of the mill set that could actually fit into Brawl (In a bad way), I honestly wasn’t expecting much out of this, but I’m surprised how proven wrong I was. This really is a good set what with the additional raptors mechanic, and I love the aspect of micro-managing them (Side Special)/ the effects they have on the throws. Dthrow in particular is absolutely brilliant. I only wish you’d done more with it, seeing the rest of the moveset is rather dry, though it’s not like a couple generic dinosaurs have that much potential. That said, you –do- get some playstyle out of the generic moves by making nearly all of them multi hitters to take full advantage of his Neutral Special. There was also the other occasional surprisingly creative move, such as the Up Special actually putting the Raptors into a unique state of helpless. Surprised nobody’s thought of that before.

The playstyle summary is much more fluent and you seem to know what you’re talking about much more here then with Rival Trainer. Unlike most movesets with awkward multiple playstyle types, it actually works somewhat for the Raptors what with the different stances you can set them to, the mindgame potential with them all looking identical being a particularly nice bonus for the defensive playstyle. That said, I find it doubtful that one would ever want to not summon Raptors and that the mix really needed it’s own section, but whatever.

The closest thing could come up with a complaint is balance, which is pretty blatant. He’s a viable character on his own and you even recommend it as a potential playstyle, yet you allow him to summon duplicates of himself with no downgrades at all, and he can even bring them back after their passing? The fact that hitting these things doesn’t hurt the main Raptor and he can easily hide among them doesn’t help matters, as nice of playstyle tidbits as they are. I think it’d make more sense to nerf the main moveset of the Raptor rather then nerf the pack hunting aspect of the moveset seeing that’s the highlight. While the team based playstyle is great, it could use some more focus.

Edit: Whee Joe's edited his set based off this criticism to make the following paragraph mostly moot and has made the Raptors even better. Kudos, Joe.

I actually like the headers and such for the organization and I don’t need to tell you that the stage is awesome. That said, I’m not terribly fond of your music choices, them just being generic music choices ripped from the series in a manner similar to Specter. In particular that mellow music choice for the final smash stuck out like a sore thumb. How about something like this? I'd also recommend using red coloring in addition to the bolding to make it stick out more, but I'd find it better to do it on important parts of the move descriptions then all the statistics. . .

In any case, it’s a great moveset. The only –real- changes I’d want to it would be pretty easy, so yeah. A ridiculously large improvement over Rival Trainer. You’re one to pay attention to now, no questions asked.

NANOHA
I’ve been looking over the Count to fix up this horrible grammar that got Junahu to bring class into session, though I haven’t found much worth actually fixing beyond splitting up run-on sentences. I come back and read this moveset, though, and they begin to wonder why I even bother. Why am I the only one who has such a problem deciphering this thing? Of course, I’m insanely biased due to being unable to see the pictures outside the main one, but when I was actually briefly on a computer without this blasted filter I didn’t see much that would’ve cleared up all that much confusion (Though I imagine it’s part of the moveset’s charm with them in there, especially in combination with how this series actually has amazing source material for musical headers. I only wish I clicked them sooner, though you did cheat and reuse a track once.).

So what don’t I understand? The main thing that kept me awkward as I read through this was how you kept insisting on referencing the other moves specifically by name. Not just the specials or anything, every last one, and I’m extremely hard pressed to remember which ones are which button inputs when they all have such generic (Whether or not canon) titles. That, and the main move descriptions themselves are incredibly brief. Like, too brief. . .Though this is the part where if I had the pictures matters would really be helped a lot I imagine. I do very much like what I can decipher of the playstyle what with hovering on the magic circle and using smashes and how Restrict Lock is both her set-up for her KO moves and her grab game and she’s in no way short of creativity.

I know I went on and on about how the numbers for balance are rather trivial in the grand scheme of things, but let’s just ignore those numbers and stats for a moment. Let’s look at the actual concepts. Does she really need a recovery that makes her move as fast as Sonic in addition to all her other advantages? Magic Circle was already an intriguing playstyle device and very well could’ve been the main method of recovery. It would’ve made all too much sense if you actually let her move the Magic Circle around while she was on it (Though she’d probably needs some other nerfs in compensation for it. . .). Hell, it made so much sense that’s what I thought the move originally did and was astounded when I went back to read it that you couldn’t. I would’ve been happy to see that be the Up Special (Even without any buffs, it which case you wouldn’t need to nerf her other aspects), and you would’ve had a Down Special leftover, which pretty much can be anything you want.

While I could go off on a rant much like you’ve already heard a thousand times before about how everything else is overpowered, one other thing that particularly sticks out to me is dthrow. You severely underestimate how long a foe is trapped when they don’t struggle in a grab. That’s a free fully charged max cartridges fsmash for Nanoha right there. The large imbalance of match-ups in Nanhoa’s favor (One of the only two negative match-ups being against the devil of Brawl himself) also gives a very bad impression, and in general they’re all very underdetailed, especially all the MYM ones minus the Count. I definititely feel they’re a step down from Bubbleman.EXE’s.

. . .But enough. This commentary really shouldn’t of come out so negative. This is becoming reminiscent of Darkrai. I can clearly see that it’s extremely true to character what with all the pictures (Which I can’t see), music, quotes, and signature attacks and what-not, and the playstyle/creativity is there, even if the former is rather deeply buried. The moveset on the whole just doesn’t have the simple to grasp yet unique nature that Bubbleman had, and Nanoha also seems to lack Bubbleman’s overall flow (Save his blasted aerials). Still a plenty good set, though. Take that as more a comment to Bubbleman then a hit at Nanoha.

KAPTAIN K. ROOL
So. . .The Kaptain combines your two most overdone playstyles that you’ve made cliché for heavyweights: ranged combat and comboing. Fascinating. That said, the Kaptain is completely and utterly free of at least one Kupa cliché: the signature Kupa props. I’m impressed that you made a moveset for the Kaptain nearly exclusively using his Blunderbuss. Of course, that leads to rather low potential when it comes to some of the more obligatory inputs like aerials, and a good few moves do feel too similar to each other. (Particularly the ones with the pushback and the comparison one special has to the grab. I forget the exact inputs, it’s been a while since I read the set. Bear with me.)

So. . .Using just what the character has and not intending to wow us with original attacks, Kupa must be trying to appeal through playstyle, yes? One would think that, but the Kaptain’s playstyle section is rather compact and underdetailed, much like Voldemort’s. It does little to alleviate me or show me much of how he would play, being rather all over the place. I also don’t really feel that the Kaptain can at all combo and he probably would’ve been better if you simply removed the concept entirely, even if you didn’t replace it with anything; if not only for the fact that the genre of combo heavyweights is overdone and you bring virtually nothing new to the table, for the fact that he can’t really combo and you seem to have little to no idea what you’re talking about (It’s especially obvious in the match-ups.).

Sorry to say it, but I like this moveset less and less the more I look back on it despite my extreme bias in favor of the character. Even Klump and Krusha are quite possibly better simply due to their better playstyle, even with their proppish nature. I wanted to include this guy in a match-up for the Count, but when even you seem unsure as to what his playstyle is there’s no way I could grasp it well enough to figure out how it’d play out, hence the Bleak match-up you see before you today.

GLACEON
This is why Wheel Gator didn’t get commented earlier. Whee. I’m a fan of the chill mechanic and all the manipulation of it, of course. Increasing the damage foes take when chilled X3 with the bair, leeching off their chill like a cold vampire, renewing their chill effect before it expires and juggling them, it’s all great stuff. I’m not terribly fond of the small bit about hiding behind a snow wall and camping seeing how insanely overdone it is, but considering Glaceon can only fire six projectiles and the main purpose of the snow wall is part of the runway for a snowball from the grab it’s more forgivable.

The snow runway is also an interesting quasi-trap part of the playstyle, with the snow slopes/walls and such, although I would’ve liked to see you firing a snowball in the middle of two slopes facing away from each other for the foe to constantly roll back and forth and take damage. Seems like a no brainer. Yes yes, it’s main focus is for KOing, but that’d of been a nice little tidbit. Anyway, nitpicking, nitpicking. As usual I can’t understand the final smash and the moevset’s overpowered (There needs to be a time limit on level 3 chill), but aren’t all the Eeveelutions? This one sticks out a decent bit more then the more generic mechanics of the Kanto Eeveelutions and rivals Leafeon in having more to him then traps and his traps being set up in a more original way, but of course doesn’t touch on the greatness of the Johto Eeveelutions. Certainly better then Khold by a longshot, though. Wish I’d read this moveset when it was posted.

Smady

Smash Master
Only some days after Rival Trainer’s awesome length and effort, we see another equally arduous attempt by that lovely MYMer Joseph! Raptors looks to be a fun read from the offset and I just love both your image work and presentation, although it is a little massive with the font.

The mechanic is reminiscent of Zondark already with the wandering, less-than-genius CPU taking over until commanded otherwise. The problem with it is that it isn’t utilised enough in the rest of the moveset – it only changes a few moves around and should be the centrepiece of things, like Zondark. Aside from this, the moveset definitely squeezes every gram of potential out of ‘generic dinosaur’ archetypes, but it’s hardly the most exciting of ideas.

I found the playstyle to be interesting and a big step up from Rival Trainer, as with everything else. The splitting up of sections was an alright adjustment – one compliment that KW should take on board with his horrible playstyle section. The different types of suggested playstyles almost give me a Devil May Cry feeling, but don’t ask me why.

The stage is just, beautiful. I only wish you put so much effort into the rest of the moveset, as ninety-percent of it is horribly bare. In conclusion, it’s a very fun moveset and a T-Rex sized step in the right direction for you. I really am anticipating your next quirky, bizarre and pretty set, maybe of a kitchen sink or Robotnik’s shoes? You can take the credit!

Obscure Mega Man bosses, eh? Trying to make it a twosey, I s’pose, Ridley? Well, Wheel Gator has it all against him from the beginning with the beseeched trap moveset. It does seem like he’s a one-trick pony in terms of playstyle – one really good method, and that’s it; The Count similarities? Nevertheless, I love the mud trap.

As much as I love some of the writing style displayed at the beginning of the moveset, it does degenerate somewhat and appears to be of a low standard compared to other HR movesets. It’s certainly better than Doc Robot or Edward, but whatever. The concepts behind Gator are as interesting as one could ask from Hyper_Ridley, I’m pleasantly surprised to hear that GW was involved. The use of his various projectiles, mind games with saws on his body as well as the big trap make for a haphazardly fun playstyle.

And that’s really all there is to Gator. It definitely could have done with some more time in development, but I understand you wanted to post it on this particular date. It is definitely lacking compared to Spadefox, but it’s no slouch against GW’s best. You two are a real dream team.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
The Young Man from Termina....

Kafei​

"I am Kafei..."

Kefei is a young man living in Clock Town. That may surprise you, as the above picture is that of a child. The reason for this is that Kafei has been transformed into a child by the Skull Kid, consumed by the power of Majora's Mask. Kafei had been engaged with Anju, and, in addition to age reduction, had his wedding ceremony mask stolen so he could not return to Anju, as he promised always to greet her with that mask in hand.

Kafei is the first ever playable character in a cannon Zelda game other than Link. He is a character with only a few unique things about him. But his stats are a bit different than the norm.

Stats

• Weight ~ 3
• Run ~ 7
• Fall ~ 4
• Traction ~ 6
• Power ~ 6
• Attack Speed ~ 6
• Jump ~ 3
• Wall Jump: Yes
• Wall Cling: No
• Fly: No
• Float: No
• Crouch: Yes
• Crawl: No

Kafei's stats are a bit all over. Kafei has a fast run, okay traction, good power, and a less-than-standard jump. Kafei has slightly higher power than normal because he retains the strength of a man while in kid form. He also has very good attack speed and run as well. Kafei is pretty standard in term of stats, but not entirely.

Mechanics
1. Masks
Kafei has the ability to spawn masks and wear them, which activate special effects. However, if Kafei is hit by a attack in the face while he wears one, he drops it for other people to wear. There are masks Kafei can summon that he cannot wear. One others can wear, and some no one can. We'll get into the individual masks later.

Specials

Neutral Special ~ Keaton Mask
Kafei puts on the Keaton Mask. Now, when breaking open crates, there is a 30% chance that the Keaton is inside. If you find the Keaton, a button will flash over his head. Hit the button before you get hit, and the Keaton drops a Heart Container only usable by the wearer of the Keaton Mask. However, if you find the Keaton again in the match, the number of buttons you must press triples, making it harder to obtain. Also, if an opponent wears the Keaton Mask and finds him, the button pressing restarts.

Side Special ~ Postman's Hat
Ah, yes. The Postman's hat. The hat of duty and responsibility. Which is held by a crazy person of craziness. At least, it used to be. Being one of the Masks associated with the Anju-Kafei sidequest, it makes an appearance. Kafei dons the Postman's Hat, and now gains a slightly faster running speed, as the postman seems to run everywhere. But, the mask's real power is in attacking opponents. When you attack opponents, there is a possibility you will claim an item from that series, a sticker from that series, or in extremely rare cases, a CD from that character's series. The mask doesn't do much other than that, but it's helpful when trying to get 100%.

Up Special ~ Dagger Stab
Kafei jumps upwards slightly and slashes his Dagger into whatever is in front of him. A different kind of up special because it's recovery effect does not move you up. But before I explain that, let me tell the specifics of the damage and such. The stab does a mere 5% damage, and almost no knockback. But, if used near a ledge of even a wall, Kafei will stick the dagger deep into the material. This will keep Kafei suspended there until he presses a button. However, he can jump from this, not falling helplessly.
This allows Kafei the ability to climb cliff faces! A good recovery technique, but not the best.

Down Special ~ Kafei Mask
An important part of the Kafei sidequest is using the Kafei Mask to find Kafei's whereabouts. Kafei cannot ware this mask, and only opponents can. Why is letting the opponent get this mask good for Kafei? Well, the opponent will become dedicated to finding Kafei upon putting it on and will automatically lock on and home in on Kafei. This follower mask allows Kafei to beat the opponent senseless as he's coming towards him, sometimes even luring him off ledges. However, the effects last only ten seconds before the mask becomes useless. The Kafei whom summons that mask can't wear it, other Kafeis in Battle can. When Kafei summons the Mask, it becomes a throwing item, latching onto however he hits it with.
Standards

Jab ~ Dagger swipe
Kafei swipes out in front of him with his Dagger. This attack has almost no starting or ending lag, which is a plus. This attack has pretty good range as well, reaching Ness' length. However, this attack can be ducked by characters like Ness and Kirby, in fact, Pikachu can stand under it, so standard jabs are harder to land on them. This attack has a surprising amount of knockback, but it's still not a lot. This attack does 3% damage.

Dash Attack ~ Jump Slash
Kafei lunges forward and brings his Dagger to the floor. This attack does stop the run, but makes him clear more distance and send enemies flying. This attack has plenty and of range and will send enemies flying away. This attack does 5% damage, but it does have ending lag of Kefei getting back up off the ground.
Tilts

Forward Tilt ~ Whiffer
Kafei whiffs a punch forward of him. Not a very powerful tilt, but it gets the job done. It does 5% damage with a small flinching effect.

Up Tilt ~ Bomber Blast
Kafei pulls out a slingshot and fires it upwards, the Deku seed doing a small amount of damage and light knockback. This is a projectile attack and lasts about 2 seconds at 2/3 a capsule throw. This does 5% damage.

Down Tilt ~ Splits
Kafei simply does the splits, spreading his legs out along the floor, he sweeps everyone off there feet with light knockback, a chance of tripping, and a wild and crazy 7% damage for all you peoples.
Smashes

Forward Smash ~ Bladed Punch
Kafei punches forward, but keeps the blade of dagger pointing out of his fingers, towards the target. Doing 7% damage, and heavy knockback to whoever is hit by the attack. This attack can be charged for 10% damage, but it's a bit lengthy.

Up Smash ~ Sun's Mask
Kafei holds up his prized mask, the Sun's Mask. He holds it up and it's glory radiates to the world! The Sun's Mask will deal 3% damage on contact with anyone, and even with charge it only does 5. Not to mention it's bad startup lag and small knockback. So why is this good? It deflects projectiles! At double intensity! That's something to cheer about, don't ya think?

Down Smash ~ Moon's Mask
Kafei spins around once, and with him the second time comes a mannequin wearing Anju's wedding dress. On this mannequin there is also the Mask Anju made, the Moon's Mask. The spinning summon of the mannequin does 3% damage and light knockback if it hits, and slightly more knockback and 6% damage, but not much of an improvement over Sun's Mask. It does have the reflecting effect though, and takes 15% damage before dissipating.
Aerials

Neutral Aerial ~ Bomber's Notebook
Kafei pulls out an item he received as a Bomber, as he was a member as a child, and does a flipping attack with the book. This knocks opponents pretty far back with only a tad knockback, but it only does a mere 5% damage.
Forward Aerial ~ Mail from a Missing Person
Kafei pulls out a letter and cuts the opponent with it, following up with a powerful punch. The letter does 1% damage with no knockback, but the punch does 5% damage and better knockback.

Back Aerial ~ Bladed Bumper
Kafei brings his fist, with dagger in hand, flying backwards into an opponent in a frenzy of fury. This attack has small bit of ending and startup lag, but does 7% damage and decent knockback.

Up Aerial ~ Ran Off
Kafei swings his legs wildly and spins upward delivering a fierce kick to the opponent upwards of him, dealing 7% with decent knockback.

Down Aerial ~ Wedding Crasher
Kafei clasps his hands together and aims downwards and releases them in a furius smacking attack to send opponents n your sides, and below flying in all directions! It has great knockback and does 12% damage.
Grab & Throws

Grab ~ Collar Grab
Kafei is not one to be trifled with! He grabs the opponents by their collar with this grab attack a hoists them up high. Unless it's a girl or Marth, where it will be by the arm. The range for the grab isn't very good, so watch out.

Pummel ~ Bond Breaker
Kafei curls his fingers up and wallops the opponent with all of his might, doing a hefty 5%, and awful lot for a pummel. It has a bit of startup lag, however.

Forward Throw ~ Membership Only
Kafei bashes a glass of specialty milk from the Milk bar into the foe, spraying milk onto the floor(Which soon evaporates) and sends the opponents flying. It has a spot of ending lag, but it has heavy knockback and deals 8% damage.

Back Throw ~ Knife Chamber
Kafei pulls out a pair of keys and knives and tosses them behind him, along with the opponent. The impact onto the floor or wall will deal 3% damage, but the keys and knifes can hit you as well. There's a chance they won't, but if they do the keys deal 2% and the knifes 4% each.

Up Throw ~ Kafei got the
Kafei crumples the opponent up for a small 2% damage and holds them above his head in Zelda fashion. Afterwards, he heaves them upwards, traveling about 2.5 Bowsers.

Down Throw ~ Button Presser
Kafei does the most noteworthy thing he does while you control him! He stands on a button. A button appears underneath him and he weighs it down, closing a door, which happens to be a brick wall, which he then hurls his opponent to. This stuns him and deals light knockback with 3% damage. The wall vanishes afterwards.
Final Smash
Final Smash ~ Couple's Mask
Anju appears on the Stage Holding the Moon's Mask, and Kefai pulls out the Sun's mask. They run to each other, and their masks levitate out of their hands and hover high above the stage. They suddenly merge to become the Couple's Mask in a blaze of light. Kefei and Anju hold hands, invincible, as the Mask shoots out love beams, dealing 15% damage with heavy knockback in every direction for 20 seconds. Afterwards Anju and the Mask vanish and the match resumes if it is not yet ended.
Playstyle

Kafei has joined us all in the Brawl! What a surprise! But will he be good enough for you? Well he can set up a lot of special abilities, but are these worth it? Find out now.

Well, honestly, KEEP KAFEI AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE. Seriously. Kafei is better for sudden small jolts of attacks, not to run in and tackle Gannondorf or Bowser head on. You have to know the best time to strike and think of a strategy for when that time comes.

A combination of moves I'd recommend while fighting a heavier, stronger opponent like Dedede or Bowser, is to use the Kafei mask on them. Then hide out on the side of the stage using your Up Special and meteor Smash the opponents when they get close enough. Also, the small boost you get from the Postman's Hat is also good against slower opponents, and don't forget about the Keaton Mask.

If one is fighting against Kafei, then you must go straight in and try to take any masks he might be wearing. It is a good advantage if you take the Keaton Mask, with it Healing Properties, or even the Postman's Hat with it's slight speed upgrade. But what you really want to do is avoid the Kafei Mask, for he can use it to trick you into a powerful punch.

Kafei isn't a completely offensive character, but if you use him correctly he can be a force to be feared in battle. Also, don't forget about how useful he can be in getting 100% of CDs and Stickers. In conclusion, I hope you find Kafei a welcome addition to the MYM roster.
Animations

Idle ~ Stands still, blicking and looking back occasionally, arms hanging at his side

Walk ~ Kafei lightly swings his and a struts forward.

Run ~ Kafei pumps his arms and sprint forwards.

Crouch ~ Kafei kneels down, but this doesn't reduce his size much.

Dizzy ~ Kafei flashes red, and cringes.

Extra Stuff

Up Taunt
Takes out the Keaton Mask and shows it to the audience. If he is wearing it, he'll take it of to do so, then put it back on.

Down Taunt
Puts his hand to his chest and says "I must fulfill my promise to Anju*

Side Taunt
Kafei holds out the Sun's Mask, and sniffs before putting it away.

Symbol: Triforce

Victory Theme
Standard Zelda victory theme

Victory Pose 1
Kefai takes off his Keaton mask and smiles.

Victory Pose 2
Kafei and Anju hug each other tightly.

Victory Pose 3
Kafei holds the Sun's Mask above his head and says "Now I can fulfill my promise!"

Defeat Pose
Kafei simply claps. That is all.

Entrance
Kafei takes off the Keaton Mask to reveal his true identity.

Trophies

Kafei
Anju
Couple's Mask

Stickers

Kafei(Large)
Keaton Mask (Small)
Couple's Mask (Small)
Anju (Medium)

Alt costumes

Red Garb
Yellow Garb
Green Garb
Black Garb
Brown Garb

Selection Sound
Kafei shouts 'Go, Quickly!'

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Kafei's hair and the ability to spawn the Keaton Mask.

Codec
Snake: Mei Ling, who's that boy out there?
Mei Ling: It figures you wouldn't know.
Snake: Know what, what do you mean?
Mei Ling: That boy is from one of the most romantic events in history!
Snake: How could a minor like him possibly be romantic?
Mei Ling: That's the thing Snake, he was turned into a child! Just a while before his wedding day, too!
Snake: How is that romantic?
Mei Ling: Good Luck Snake.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Kafei

Well...right off the bat I feel I should be honest here...this one seems like a downgrade from Blaster. I'm sorry to say this but it seems to lack the creativity of your previous sets which is no doubt probably moooooostly to do with the fact that Kafei doesn't really do...anything.

We have the Keaton mask (which is useless when there's no items on) as well as the Postman's Mask (which is semi-useless with items off as well as being luck based like the Keaton mask). You say the Up Special makes him jump upwards slightly but then say it gives him no upward movement. Regardless, it seems almost useless on stages that aren't Fourside (wait, that's not in Brawl lolnvm) or have a similar set up to Fourside...

On the other hand, the Kafei mask is entirely broken (at least the way it's described). You say you can beat the opponent senseless as they aimlessly search for you which implies that they won't be able to fight back...if that's the case then an opponent not being able to fight you for ten seconds is -INCREDIBLY- broken.

I know a lot of people would jump on this set for its massive use of props as well so I won't address that, just say that as a bit of advice that props are generally frowned upon. Overall though, Kafei isn't your best work and is filled to the brim with awkwardly appearing props. It unfortunately also lacks the creative charm that Blaster had...I think, like I said before, a good deal of it has to do with the fact that the character does absolutely nothing in game. You did the best with what you had I believe but there's some characters who just can't have a successful moveset easily, unfortumately, Kafei is one of them.

I do however look forward to your next set and I hope you at least had fun with Kafei.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Thanks for being so nice about it. I know Kafei isn't a good set. Mainly because he doesn't do much at all. But I did him mainly because I just wanted to, not because I had an awesome concept. I squeezed all I could out of him, and he came out like this. But my next set will be an improvement, I assure you.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Perona

I owed Perona a comment anyway so I figured I'd bump the thread while doing so. So what do I have to say about Perona? Well, not a whole lot I haven't told you already via PM from when you previewed it to me and from chat comments and such.

So what do I feel about this set? I personally feel it's your strongest so far. You took a character with potential and used said potential for various unique attacks, far more creative than Mr. 2, Oliver, etc. Creativity wise I'd rank it above all your other creations, quality wise, I'd rank it above the others exceeeeeeeept maybe Ghor.

My main problem here is that well...I know I wasn't exactly timely with my replies to your asking to preview the set (partially do to my own laziness but mostly to do with the PM sending improperly, still apologize for that). But when I did reply, you didn't actually nerf any of the things I suggested such as the Down B's damage (or buffing the lag on its attacks), some of the stats, the Neutral B and the Side B.

Regardless, I look forward to your next set and hope it's an improvement balance wise over Perona.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Kafei: I'm pretty sure everyone who comments will complain about the Keaton Mask, because it lacks a use outside of Item matches (with Containers turned ON no less!).
My complaint however, is that you ignored why Kafei even wears that mask in the first place. You have the Kafei mask forcing the foe to approach, shouldn't the Keaton mask disguise Kafei and cancel out that effect?

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
Kafei was a marvelous set. Original, it is. It's very simple, which is how any character should be. If you are focused on the flashy attacks, win, you will not! The Keaton Mask I applaud. He might be in my new Smash game, the fourth one.

Scyphozoa

Smash Cadet
Sakurai, I disagee. Look at movesets like Spadefox and Sloth. They are much more original! Kafei's chances of winning are totally nerfed in competitive play. KK even said so himself. It's an okay set, regardless, props or not.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
So yeah. I've been adding some match-ups to the Count recently to advertise some new sets and some not so new ones, but bleh. Any case, here they are. They're in the Count himself too, of course. . .

VS. Ice Climbers: 35/65, Ice Climbers’ favor
So then, two dual characters who rely on grabs. . .While the Count can’t be chain grabbed by the ice climbers, he’ll have a –very- difficult time pummeling either of them for significant periods of time, and thanks to his lack of knockback matters certainly aren’t helped much in that he can’t separate the duo. As if that wasn’t enough, both climbers have separate timers for how much you have to pummel them, meaning you have to keep specifically going for the same one. The only way you can really get in any pummeling is to grab one climber with Zondark and grab the other with the Count, but this is much easier said then done. On the bright side, without their chain grab and the Count’s good defenses the Ice Climbers can’t do much back to the Count, but the Count is much more limited then they are.

VS. Specter: 40/60, Specter’s favor
Specter has more then enough time to set up his defenses against the Count. While the Count can try to camp him while he’s doing so, his projectiles are rather slow, and Specter will be bringing up his monkey army, throne, and barriers faster then the Count can bring them down. Once he’s set up, he can easily just approach straight up to the Count, possibly through the background without any fear of getting hurt, then have an up-close fight against the Count. While the Count is also pretty good in the air when he has a slime base and can compete with Specter’s air-game pretty well with his faster attacks, the catch is that the moment the Count messes up Specter will punish him dearly for it, as one hit and the Count will become unconnected from his slime-base and have literally no means of defending himself. With Specter’s floatyness, he can stay just out of Zondark’s range as he does so, and even then Specter’s monkies can provide good distractions for him.

Still, Specter is no combo character. He’s very slow in attack speed, and won’t be getting in all –that- many hits before the Count gets back into position and takes out his barrier/any pestering monkies. Specter will have to play hit and run with the Count to renew his defenses before going on the offensive again, and he’s more then capable of doing so with how he has among the highest movement speed and the Count among the worst. Zondark comes in very handy for the Count here due to him actually having half-decent movement, but the fact that the Count is even considering trying to pressure with a slow lug like Zondark shows something is terribly wrong. Still, the Count has a plenty good chance if he manages to pin Specter down in a grab before he flees and get in a lot of pummeling/damage on him, which is far from impossible.

VS. The Raptors: 35/65, The Raptors’ favor
Early on in the fight things will be in the Count’s favor thanks to him being able to summon Zondark in an instant while the lead Raptor has to perform a laggy move to summon his buddies to his side. This can lead into several free grabs towards the start of the fight to get you a great head start, but considering how much faster the Raptor is then you and how he can still repulse you with some swift attacks he’ll eventually get in one of his allies. After he gets the first, the second is far easier due to the first covering him, then before you know it you’re swamped in a sea of Raptors. Much like Zondark makes you immune to grabs, the leader Raptor’s buddies make him immune to your grabs, meaning he’s immune to most of your moveset. The amount of viable moves you have are very limited and if the lead Raptor makes the pack go into aggressive mode, you’ll be pressured to no end.

That said, the few moves that do actual damage do rather hefty damage, so if you –do- manage to get in a couple good hits on the summoned Raptors you can leave the leader all alone again. From here, you can pick up where you left off, probably only needing just a couple more grabs to KO him. While it’s hard to get off your laggy moves on the Raptors when all three are swarming you with fast moves, the summoned Raptors only have level 5 AI, meaning it’s much easier to get them into one of your awkward moves then an actual player.

VS. Wheel Gator: 65/35, The Count’ favor
While Wheel Gator is far from known for camping, he’s capable of it, particularly against the awkward slow duo. He can use his Side Special for some limited camping and devour up any projectiles you send his way, spitting them back at you. This means you’re forced to approach, which the Count hates. That said, Wheel Gator can’t aim any of his projectiles, so you can just travel forwards with a slime-base underneath you to absorb his projectiles. Once you are up close to him, the main other feature that’s a boon for Wheel Gator when he’s playing defensively is his grab based moves, but the Count has plenty of his own to compete with. Hell, he even has a disjointed grab in his fsmash and special fsmash that beat out other grabs, so Wheel Gator will really have his work cut out for him. As if that wasn’t enough, once it finally comes time for the KO for Wheel Gator, he’ll have trouble getting the Count stuck in his mud trap seeing he can just casually go over it with his Up Special. Even his bthrow used for forcing foes into his trap is proved useless due to Zondark interrupting it.

So what CAN Wheel Gator do? He’ll want to create his Mud Trap earlier then normal and hide within it for his defensive game, seeing his grabs are outclassed in both quantity and quality by the Count and camping doesn’t work well. If he can kill off Zondark KOing the Count becomes much easier, though that’s easier said then done. The one truly saving grace Wheel Gator has though is his ability to gimp. If he can get the Count off stage and gimp his recovery, he can KO the Count without racking damage or using his mud traps, which prove troublesome. Seeing this is such a preferable option for Wheel Gator, though, the Count will be doing his best to stay at center stage and far away from the edges. He won’t let you send him into the burning pit that easily.

VS. Tauros: 80/20, The Count’ favor
Both characters are very “bleh” in the air, but the Count has a better substitute for aerials via Up Special and a much better recovery, so he can actually apply some aerial pressure here, though he certainly can’t gimp him. The other main thing against Tauros is that his prime set-up for his KO moves is his fthrow, and Zondark exists solely to interrupt grab/combo games. This leaves Tauros hard pressed to score KOs, his supposed advantage, and he’s still a rather mediocre damage racker. Tauros can do little to resist the Count’s onslaught of grabs. His best hope is to pick a stage with walk offs so he can abuse his throws, but he has to be very close to the edge if he doesn’t want to give Zondark to interrupt them and those stages are all banned anyway thanks to the penguin king.

VS. Glaceon: 50/50
Unlike all those other characters who can hide behind walls, Glaceon can only fire six shots before his wall expires, and even before then it’ll be short enough for the Count’s projectiles to go over it and hit Glaceon. Glaceon is forced to approach here, which he really can’t do all that well. Of course, he still has Ice Beam at his disposal, but Zondark can reflect it and the Count can just casually elevate himself a bit and let his slime base take the hit. While Glaceon can’t really afford to spend much time up close to the Count, once he’s up there he can just chill them and spam bairs so he can just hide while their damage racks up. Considering Glaceon has two characters to chill sharing the same percentage, he can rack up their percent ridiculously fast, even if Zondark only takes half damage.

On the other hand, Glaceon’s main KO methods in his grab/freezing (Level 5 chill) gives more then enough time for the Count/Zondark to interrupt it, giving Glaceon a much more difficult time KOing while the Count has no more trouble then usual. While Glaceon can’t do much while he’s running and hiding and waiting for their percent to go up, he doesn’t need to, especially if he manages to get in some bairs. Their percentage will go so high that he can just poke them with a weak move for a KO eventually. Of course, this gives the Count plenty of time to get in grabs. Really, it’s anyone’s game.

VS. Mr. Sandman: 60/40 The Count’s favor
Sandman has to land one specific hit to start his combos, which is far from difficult on such awkward characters with so much punishable ending lag. The thing is that once he does stun one of the duo, the other will prevent him from racking up the damage on them, taking away the highlight of his game. Sandman’s best hope to actually get in the damage he so desperately needs is to first stun the Count, then stun Zondark with his very punishable moves so he can’t interrupt his combos on the Count. While this is surprisingly not that difficult to do, the catch is that Sandman has to keep up both their hitstun at once to keep them from snapping out of the stun and interrupting his combos.

To do this, you’ll have to stun them very close together and use some attacks that can hit both of the duo at once (Dsmash). While you won’t be able to keep them both stunned for the full duration, the fact that you’re whaling on two characters means that the Count’s damage will still go up at a respectable rate. The only thing making this somewhat harder then normal for Sandman is that once you stun the Count, Zondark can just run away when you try to stun him so the Count’s stun expires, or so even if you stun him you won’t be able to keep both characters stunned due to them being separated. This can make this phase of the battle very frustrating and the main thing that loses him the match-up.

When it comes time for the KO, things are much simpler for Sandman in that he just has to land one good hit. He doesn’t have to worry about the Count’s camping –too- much in comparison to other characters, seeing the Count fails at it and the Count can’t just run and keep camping due to his terrible movement speed.

Would you rather this or a spam post?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Aww, LS got banned. Anyway, I'm disappointed with Kafei, KK. I'm a big Majora's Mask fan, but this was executed poorly.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Too bad that Lord Sakurai died. He got hit by Guntz's F Smash I guess...

So Rotom is actually, almost done. Surprising, really, I might actually get a set done.

I agree with pretty much everyone else on Kafei, it wasn't as good as Blaster. It was still a fun read though. Keep making set,s you'll make a really good one eventually... :)

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Hey thread-goers. Just a quick update on stuff, excuse me for not doing commentary. Anyway, I have a set coming up soon, then I'll try to churn out at least one more before the contest's end. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to squeeze in one last moveset. :bee:

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Perona was a decent set, but you still have room to improve, Kirbywizard. Your organization and writing style are still lacking, and you write very much from an in-universe perspective, when you're the only one here really familiar with One Piece. Like others said, she's fairly overpowered to. There's more creativity here, but it seems rather random and patched together.

I'd comment on the other sets, but Junahu is about to bedazzle us right now.

Junahu

Smash Ace

Yep, a whole year stuck wth the likes of me. So why not celebrate the fact?​

I'd like to give a super special thanks to everyone and anyone who read my movesets and generally put up with me all this time. Anyway, I've got a couple of things lined up for today, not least some movesets of questionable quality. I'll shut up now and wheel out the first three. (?!)

here, have some music to listen to while you read them thar movesets (open this post up in a new window);
MUSIC

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

Junahu

Smash Ace

edit 1: wow, I called Hector's ultimate weapon Garm. How thick am I? Armads is Hector's legendary axe. There are other mistakes to be sure, but there's no excuse for me getting the name of a weapon wrong.

n88

Smash Lord
You've created someone with a bad match-up against Zelda.:bee:
:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
I love you.

*Serious commentary coming at some point or another*

*Alright, here it is*

Hector -

My biggest problem with this set is that I can't highlight anything as I read. I'm not sure why this is important, but I like highlighting things. I also find the stats a bit misleading. I think you're giving his recovery far too much credit. The grab mechanic is interesting, if strange.

The attacks are creative and interesting enough so that I keep reading the set, even if some of them aren't particularly thrilling. The playstyle ties together nicely, and the match-ups were evaluated pretty well. (I'd say the Zelda match-up is closer to 10:90, but specific ratios are very subjective anyway) The thing that really impressed me about the set was that I wanted to plat as Hector afterward.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
So... two movesets Eevee-lutions style... but they aren't connected at all... neither do they have anything in common... What the f*ck, Junahu?. But I'm mumbling. Hector and Cloud of Darkness are both two phenomenal sets, phenomenal ways of celebrating your MYM birthday which- who knows?- may recieve a super vote from me.

The only thing I can find to criticize about Hector is the mechanic. OK I lied, the balance is somewhat questionable as well, but your sets are by admission overpowered and this really isn't too bad. Back to the mechanic, it feels somewhat random. It's implemented one hell of a lot better than the awkward mechanics of movesets like Hades (sorry Kupa, it's excellent otherwise), but... yeah, I could most certainly do without it. Even if he did it in his game, it feels a tad strange. Still, I haven't played a Fire Emblem in my life and this is pulled off very well, so I should hardly be complaining.

Back to the moveset itself, it's pretty awesome. So his playstyle is based around crushing his opponents like twigs? Epicness! The individual moves are rather unique, barely sacrificing anything for the phenomenal playstyle. The presentation is great as well, it's of course beautiful and unique. So that's Hector: incredibly strong set.

So... Cloud of Darkness is a set I'll remember for matchups if the fourteen-FFVI-party-members-MYM7-plans ever pans out. Like Hector, all I can criticize is small potatoes- organization. It feels a tad random, going from FF menu-boxes to things on angled boxes along with some strange highlighting (random colors are random), but it's certainly better than the average set.

EDIT: Khold, I did say it was better than the average set. :p

As a moveset, Cloud of Darkness is as strong if not stronger than Hector. The growth mechanic is rather cool, and there are lots of overarching themes in the moveset like the voids are awesomesauce. The playstyle is genius from all these interactions. Not much to say here except for good job.

All in all, two amazing sets that remind us all of why you're a villian, Junahu. :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
What, two amazing sets and only one real comment?! Thank God for Wiz, as K.Rool says.

I'll only comment on the one I care about-

----------≈≈≈≈≈ Cloud of Darkness ≈≈≈≈≈----------

The final boss from my favorite Final Fantasy? Was this aimed at me personally? This is, simply put, an amazing set. I love everything about this set. I'll have to disagree with Wiz on the organization; it is beautiful, nothing short of expectations for Junahu sets anyway. The moves scream awesome- the smashes in particular and that epic BThrow. The NSpec move interactions are genius as well as the playstyle.

Playing as Cloud of Darkness looks like herding cattle to the slaughter, with all the moving the opponent around. You can just feel the pressure from reading this set- it almost constricts my breathing thinking about stuff like the USpec. Pressuring the opponent would be fun when you're doing it as Cloud of Darkness.

She's a lot reminiscent of Spadefox. She's anti-everything, has tentacle attacks, a final boss, pure evil. I'd totally love watching a skilled Spadefox player and a skilled Cloud of Darkness player fight each other in a five stock match on Final Destination.

As for the extras, everything about them are epic, including that 1337 stage.

By the way, she also shares another thing with Spadefox (and I don't think anyone will lambast me for this- this is totally justified) . . .

+1 Super Vote

Junahu

Smash Ace
The party must continue! Have links! Make link lists!

MYM3.0 moveset list (with links this time!)
The most infamous of MYM contests finally, FINALLY has a properly linked list. Go ahead and Ctrl-F your favourite (or not so favourite) MYMers and see what their sets used to be like a year ago.​
Nephenee: S.O.L.I.D
Team Rocket: dancingfrogman
Wes (Umbreon/Espeon): smashbro29
Dry Bones: Iron Thorn
Chosen One [Kung Pow! Enter the Fist]: Sonic The Baron
Firestar: Darkurai
Baz: Commander Blitzkrieg
Mewtwo: Mario_And_Sonic_Guy
Paper Luigi: Sirkibble
Bowser's Minions (Monty Mole/Blooper/Goomba/Koopa): the Capt Falcon Master
Clipit: agidius
SuperCultist: cheap josh
Ridley:SmashBrosMike
Chao: dancingfrogman
Joe Perry: IvoryFlame
Timone & Pumba: BKupa666
ED: the melon!!!!!
Grey Fox: Chief Mendez
Xemnas: smashbot226
Lip: Spadefox
Astaroth: smashbot226
Bombastic Bag-man: IvoryFlame
Teen Girl Squad: Sonic the Baron
Hunter: peeup
Froslass: Iron Thorn
Ranaru: Harkness
Skull Kid (Twilight Princess): majora 787
Big Daddy & Little Sister: KoJ
Lloyd Irving: half silver28
Colette Brunel: half silver28
Richter: darkserenade
Squall: Dark Paladin X
Colette Brunel: Jiggy37
ServBot: PKSkyler
Light & Ryuk: MarthTrinity
Black Shadow: Illusive
Chris Lionheart: Chris Lionheart
Dan Hibiki: HeoandReo
This Game's Winner: Sonic the Baron
Team Bigshots: Comander Blitzkrieg
Cutman: SirKibble
Renji: BronzeBlade7
Inuyasha: BronzeBlade7
Crono: Ilucamy
Jade: darkserenade
Lil' Slugger: MarthTrinity
Elite Beat Agents: The Real Inferno
Gilius Thunderhead: Spadefox
Computer Trolley: Evilgidgit
Brian: HyperFalcon
The Blue Raja: Commander Blitzkrieg
The Spleen: Commander Blitzkrieg
Tingle: B.B.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Darkurai
HeoAndReo: Heoandreo
Staraptor: Cease Tick
Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: xX Boezy Xx
Youko: Darkurai
The Chosen One (Animator Vs Animation): SirKibble
Mama Luigi: Sonic the Baron
Rouge the Bat: Spadefox
Indiana Jones: BKupa666
Shroob: IvoryFlame
SMASHBOT226: smashbot226
Toadsworth: Stroupes
Negi-Kun: Negi-Kun
King Arthur: The Real Inferno
Chun-Li: HeoandReo
Cutlass: cheap josh
Santa Claus: BronzeBlade7
Shinon: TWILTHERO
Buzz Lightyear: TheSundanceKid
Ray Fox: BoTastic!
Animator & Animation: peeup
Sword Ganondorf: SkylerOcon
Blaziken: Dark Paladin X
Anise Tatlin: darkserenade
Nintendogs: Iron Thorn
Stanislav "Spade" Serkov
Roger Rabbit: Sonic the Baron
Dry Bowser: dancingfrogman
Doopliss: Meadow
Gigan: Commander Blitzkrieg
Luigi the HouseWife: -Giga-
mISsINGno.: Spadefox
Peter Griffin: mantlecore77
Egoraptor: MarthTrinity
Jeff Hardy: TWILTHERO
Mewtwo: UtterKhaos
The CEO: cheap josh
Kuroudou Akabane: Eternal Smasher
Xigbar: smashbot226
Silver the Hedgehog: Spadefox
Emeril Lagasse: the melon!!!!!
Vulturon: Hyper Ridley
Hayden Tenno: xX Boezy Xx
Sora: Conspiricy
Dalek: KoJ
Plusle & Minun: kitsuneko345
White Air Knight: HyperFalcon
Shadowrunner: smashbot226
Philip the forest bear, with anger management issues: cheap josh
Worm Soldier: SirKibble
Blaze the Cat: Spadefox
Pheonix Wright: Chief Mendez
Decus: darkserenade
Chaos: Spadefox
Ridley: Mario and Sonic Guy
Gemini Spark: Spadefox
Donald & Goofy: mantlecore77
Kirby's friends (ChuChu,Coo,Kine,Nago,Pitch,Rick): Smasherk808
Bowser: BKupa666
Shadow the Hedgehog: Spadefox
Sol Badguy: smashbot266
Death Sword: majora 787
The Delicious One: TheSundanceKid
Viewtiful Joe: BlueYoshiPinkShoes
Monkey D. Luffy: KoJ
The Kid (I wanna be the guy): Darkurai
Pidgeotto: TWILTHERO
Nova: mutalisk332
Omega Ridley: Hyper Ridley
DK Crew: MarthTrinity
The Stranger: BlueYoshiPinkShoes
Numberman.exe: Spadefox
Flippy: Dark Paladin X
Sword Zelda: Iron Thorn
Bowser Jr: Snowstalker
Master Betty: Sonic the Baron
Tigah: BKupa666
Sly Cooper: piman42
Inferno: xX Boezy Xx
Highwayman: peeup
Kite: smashbot226
Herman Li: piman42
Stanley Yelnats: half silver28
Starmen: PKSkyler
Bear Grylls: Stroupes
Godtier: smashbot226
General Onox: Illusive
Mr. Sandbag: Spadefox
Nights: dancingfrogman
Beyblade: TWILTHERO
Demyx: peeup
DS-Tan: tirkaro
Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik: Spadefox & KoJ
Knuckles the Echidna: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
Meta Ridley: majora 787
Grunty: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
Samurai Panda: BKupa666
Sandslash: SirKibble
Stitch: Dark Paladin X
Lolcat: agidius
Ian Guardian 787: majora 787
Toon Ganon: Darkurai
Toon Ganon: Harkness
Ray 01: Delta BP26
Medicham: Smasherk808
Sylux: majora 787
King Mondo: Evilgidgit
Kovomaka Students: Spadefox
Fulgore: Hyper Ridley
Sauron: smashbot226
Midna: Darky Dee
Mario Kart Mario: the Capt Falcon Master
Vectorman: truendymion
Shapeshifter Strong Bad: Sonic the Baron
Bitey: GreatClayMonkey
Darknut: majora 787
Aipom: peeup
Volke: TWILTHERO
Death Adder: dancingfrogman
Bad Mr. Frosty: mantlecore77
Portgaz D. Trace: piman42
Jack Torrance: KoJ
Ramses: majora 787
Simon Belmont: Chief Mendez
Captain Jack Sparrow: BKupa666
Beauty and the Beast unit: Hyper Ridley
Darkrai: Charizard92
Waddle Doo: SirKibble
Jin Kazama: Ultimate Dark Yoshi
Metal Sonic: nakedsnake
Pokey Minch: PKSkyler
Bowser Jr.: Mario and Sonic Guy
Pizzaman: cheap josh
Magmar: the Capt Falcon Master
Ty the tasmanian tiger: TheSundanceKid
Gordon Freeman: nakedsnake
Magikoopa: KingK.Rool
King K.Rool: MasterWarlord
Harry Potter: BKupa666
Xatu: Delta BP26
Drake & Josh: TWILTHERO
Hippowdon: Commander Blitzkrieg
Toku and Enril: Eternal Smasher
Big the Cat: MasterWarlord
Bulblax: Illusive
King K.Rool: BKupa666
Hannah Montana: nakedsnake
Zoop Triangle: Eternal Smasher
Diddy & Dixie: Adapt
Splendid: Dark Paladin X
Bean (Sonic the Fighters): dancingfrogman
Pidgeot: KingK.Rool
Kalas: Stroupes
Sain: TVTMaster
Pelleas: Chris Lionheart
Yoshimitsu: MasterWarlord
Dracula: Chief Mendez
Shy Guy: TVTMaster
Zombie: KoJ
Noxus: Delta BP26
Cel Link: smashbot226
Olympic Man: Evilgidgit
Teigen Kalos: Iron Thorn
Agumon, Greymon & Metalgreymon: killori
Andy's Toys: BKupa666
Banjo Kazooie: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
Zelos Wilder: Chris Lionheart
Darth Vader: MyNameIsRyan
Parin: ducky285
Master Hand: Commander Blitzkrieg
The Joker: Spartan64
Treecko: TVTMaster
Gibari: TWILTHERO
Voldo: MasterWarlord
Grim Reaper: KingK.Rool
Bill Rizer & Lance Bean: Chief Mendez
a Zora Soldier: TVTMaster
Gecko Moria: KoJ
Metal Knuckles: dancingfrogman
Tails: Mario and Sonic Guy
Ben Franklin: quadz08
Sigma: Deception
The Third Agers: Chris Lionheart
Fridgy: Joka
Captain Syrup: dancingfrogman
a Rock: pure awesome
Nightmare: MasterWarlord
Ashencroft: Chris Lionheart
Princess/Athlete Daisy: Jiggy37
Bark: Smasherk808
Garet: mantlecore77
Athena Asamiya: MajinNecro69
Leonardo: TWILTHERO
Arwing: Sonic the Baron
Bass.Exe: Hyper Ridley
The Squeak Squad: KingK.Rool
Vyvyan Basterd: Sly Fox
the Bard: Meadow
Street Performer: cheap josh
Skull kid w/ majoras mask: --WAMY--
Klonoa: Joka
Naota Nandaba: Chief Mendez
Chrono: SirKibble
Yoda: smashbot226
Bowser Jr. & Nina Cortex: Commander Blitzkrieg
Mew: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
Houdini: BKupa666
Geoffery: Chris Lionheart
TVT: TVTMaster
Gerik: Chris Lionheart
Drizzt Do'Urden: pensfan728
Felix: Roy-Kun
Rand Marks: mantlecore77
Shiro Tagachi: Chris Lionheart
Cervantes: MasterWarlord
Krystal: JackieRabbit5
Mia: TWILTHERO
Sin-Paw-Dip: Shadow5567
Delibird: kitsuneko345
Froggy: dancingfrogman
Cop: Illusive
Isaac: The Great Panda
Shannon: Spadefox
Bear holding a Shark: Iron Thorn
Enker: Hyper Ridley
Bear Minimum: Illusive
Mallow: agidius
Erutashi Orrandey: Iron Thorn
Paula Polestar: PKSkyler
Professor Oak: Greenstreet
Seal Clubber: Weldar
Thor: IvoryFlame
Skull Kid: Ris747
Genesis: The Great Panda
Weldar: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
The Kid (I wanna be the guy): Captain Pissweak
A-s-h-i-t-a-k-a & San: Chris Lionheart
Pom Pom: TVTMaster
Mightyena: Iron Thorn
Chieftain Tuoli: Sonic the Baron
Simba: BKupa666
Shaman: Vaul
Megaman SF: Delta BP26
Ivy: princesspeachluver13
Sagi: TWILTHERO
Mewtwo: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
Spaceman G: cheap josh
Banjo Kazooie: ElPadrino
Yau-Man: BKupa666
Scorpion: SmashBrosMike
Reptile: SmashBrosMike
Miles "Tails" Prower: dancingfrogman
N. Tropy: Smasherk808
Beast Trio: BKupa666
Staryu: SuperMetroid44
Nintendog: SuperMetroid44
Shadow the Hedgehog: Roymyboy284
Fatman: KoJ
Trident Ganondorf: SkylerOcon
Bioshock Jack: smashbot226
Neku & Shiki: Mardyke
Donna Levmen: Junahu
Ueki Kousuke: Tianxiazhai
Master Chief: kiki52
Latias: Evilgidgit
Batman: half silver28
Zero: Shadow5567
Shade: Hyper Ridley
Sylar: IvoryFlame
Wispy Woods: Smasherk808
Saki Amamiya: Gryphon
Impa: Gryphon
Goomba: Akiak
Lip: Gryphon
Woody: BKupa666
Django: Gryphon
Paula: PKPower
Powers Kirby: KingK.Rool
Cranky Kong: BKupa666
Tien: PKSkyler
Shy Guy: Akiak
Boo: JackieRabbit5
Sora: Chief Mendez
Shade: LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME
Meowth: -DXH-
Shadow Queen: princesspeachluver13
Sora: tarman727
Vivi: Smash Daddy
Naruto: Master Gamer
Chocobo: Shadow5567
Fierce Deity Link: Kholdstare
Shadow the Hedgehog: tarman727
Sir Kibble: Akiak
Fayt Liengod: The Great Panda
Raiden: tarman727
Goombella: Meadow
Pictionary Man: zacharia zako
Headless Horseman: KingK.Rool

Bonus material:

Make your move moveset list: dancingfrogman

Sir Kibble's Awesome Guidelines For Making the Most out of Your Movesets: SirKibble
It's perfectly natural: Chief Mendez
Mendez on Smashboards (AKA the Canvas)
SirKibble's not so serious list of things I have learned on Smashboards: SirKibble
Spadefox comments on creativity: Spadefox
Pikafan8269297

King K.Rool's Reviews
These are my judgements: HeoandReo
dancingfrogman's Link-up Space: dancingfrogman
MasterWarlord's Moveset Commentry and Constructive Criticism: MasterWarlord
Chris Lionheart's Moveset Ranking Room: Chris Lionheart
SPADEFOX' official Make Your Move BLOG: Spadefox
Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions

Sonic the Hedgehog series Assist Trophies: Spadefox
Special Stage: Spadefox
Snake Codecs: Dark Paladin X
Metal Gear Ray Boss: KoJ
Missingno Dojo update: Darkurai

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
<======]=== Hector ===[======>

I really like this set as well. It has a nice flow to it and streamlined playstyle - much like Cloud of Darkness. I find myself liking the organization as much as CoD's maybe even more. The attack sprites are fantastic.

My only problem with the set is the playstyle. I said the playstyle is streamlined, and it is, but I just don't like it. It doesn't "fit" the character in my eyes (although I never played any Fire Emblem game, so whatever). Maybe I'm just a square.

The Lowdown is pretty awesome, kudos on that. The extras, while there aren't as many as there are in CoD, are still great.

Overall? I like Cloud of Darkness more (because of bias and personal playstyle preference), but I feel they are equal in quality. I commend you for getting this out of a generic axe-wielder. Definitely a vote, if not a super.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I applaud you, Junahu. I had a fun time strolling through the annals of MYM 3 once again. Ah, the good ol' days, when everybody argued with Warlord and his massive ego, and sets were posted practically overlapping each other. How I miss it.

I'm sad to say that I haven't had the time to read either moveset, but organization-wise, they're incredible. I'll be sure to comment on them when I get to it.

As for the rankings of your own movesets, I'm shocked at how much your opinions overlap with mine; Team Rocket at the bottom, for one. I'd maybe switch around Cutesy and Viola, but I don't object to the latter; she is, after all, one of my favorite MYM 4 sets. :cool:

Smady

Smash Master
Ah, yes, I love the organisation for both of these movesets and they may just be some of the best ever in this regard. Truly a top showing, Jun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom