• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
scum aren't going to hammer who they joint with. rockin don't post anymore. seriously. just keep quiet
Look marsh, I'm pretty angry right now with what's happening, so it's **** obvious I'm not thinking straight here atm.

Just...please bare with me right now =_=;;

Handorin

Smash Hero
Right.

I also apologize for my joke, it just couldn't be helped and I felt we had lost anyways.

However, I just realized upon further inspection that we do have hope. Town has a doublevoter on our side.

8 people: 4 town, 1 indy, 3 mafia
But it's still a 5:4 vote ratio in favor of town if we vote for Wiki and will put us in a much better situation tomorrow.

Vote: Wiki

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
@Hando: I'm going to go right ahead and assume that your stupid macro post means that you were on during this incident and didn't do anything to act toward it. I might just take things a step farther and call the picture you posted a scumslip. The tone of it is pretty **** jovial considering the situation, and you posted absolutely nothing of substance given the multitude of things to discuss opened up by what transpired. Answer for this. In the meantime enjoy an FoS

@mentos: Why did you react strongly enough to Wiki to vote, but ultimately unvote? I'm not going to say another word in my question. Please answer in full and complete detail of your thought process.

@macman: how long was your school thing and was it your intention to leave your vote parked overnight knowing you'd be afk by day?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EBWOP:

While pagesurfing for things to look at the top half of my post got lopped off. It should have looked like this.

You have a lot to answer for tomorrow, btw, Hando.

Jesus Christ. That's all I have to say.

An admirable attempt at a dogpile, I guess, but it forced exactly what I feared. We had a week to sort out our priorities, guys. What did you think the odds of sneaking that lynch by before Wiki could post two words would be?

Whatever. Urgh. Wiki you have no idea how ****ed you are and I find it hilarious. You have not won, and mafia has not won. You cannot force any gridlock. You're boned. You're a paper tiger, you're out of chips, you're absolutely dead. Dead as a stump. Softvote: Wiki

Good on Chaco for that save. By getting Wiki to take him out Chaco deprived mafia of the voteblock ability (because Wiki dies toDay) and stopped Wiki from hitting juicier targets. He salvaged the game, and the situation.

Let's not blow it.

Someone unvote now. We have another week (and four and a half hours on top of that) to plan things out in full before making any further moves. Ending the Day prematurely doesn't benefit any party other than the mafia, and it'd be easy enough for them (I assume at least two of them didn't make it to the big show) for a mafiat to shovel up a reiteration of the infinite reasons to lynch Wiki and do it now to stifle discussion. Put him at L-2 and you force them to quickvote in a pair if they want to pull that off, and it's not worth the risk when it's the indy getting the boot. They know that.

Wiki can't do a thing, now, so we can ignore him like the petty distraction he is. He and his scumbuddies can't force any no lynch or such nonsense. Meanwhile we can air our laundry on any discussion Wiki managed to derail with that ******** stunt of his and go into Night and the next Day with the maximum possible amount of discussion and organization.

The big ticket of discussion right now is Rockin's suggested name/roleclaim, and once again I'm going to reiterate that we have a lynch on an antitown player 100% locked. There's no reason to do it today, unless some players may feel it's worth sharing our abilities to organize our nightactions. I do not, because we still have no scum down (Wiki is a nice consolation prize) and as always I will refer to the shooting gallery analogy. I don't think the benefit of organization would be high enough to counteract painting a target on the juiciest town PR. Opinions?

And now for some yelling.

@Hando: I'm going to go right ahead and assume that your stupid macro post means that you were on during this incident and didn't do anything to act toward it. I might just take things a step farther and call the picture you posted a scumslip. The tone of it is pretty **** jovial considering the situation, and you posted absolutely nothing of substance given the multitude of things to discuss opened up by what transpired. Answer for this. In the meantime enjoy an FoS

@mentos: Why did you react strongly enough to Wiki to vote, but ultimately unvote? I'm not going to say another word in my question. Please answer in full and complete detail of your thought process.

@macman: how long was your school thing and was it your intention to leave your vote parked overnight knowing you'd be afk by day?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
wiki's lynched. hando just dropped hammah
Yeah. It was a pretty annoying ninja move. Urgh.

I'm glad to see Wiki's plan explode in his face, but Hando hammering us a week before the deadline was a colossally stupid move and pretty antitown as well. A macro of a cat is not an answer.

Ughhhhghhggh I'm going to be doing the rest of my studying in a deep state of facepalm.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
EE, I unvoted Wiki because he claimed to have a daykill and planned to use it to hit a townie. Plain and simple, it was not a risk I was willing to take that a townie got hit like that. It was a bad situation, and I felt we needed to think it out and keep votes off him to keep him from getting jumpy and shooting.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dunno why chaco did that, wiki didnt know who town was and could have misshot. I too remembered the double voter, which is why I wanted him to shoot someone so that even if it was town, town votes would outnumber anti town votes so dumb scum could easily have attempted to joint.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dunno why chaco did that, wiki didnt know who town was and could have misshot. I too remembered the double voter, which is why I wanted him to shoot someone so that even if it was town, town votes would outnumber anti town votes so dumb scum could easily have attempted to joint.
ebwop:
town votes would outnumber anti town votes so dumb scum who could have attempted to joint would be outed along with their plan not working*

3 mafia out of 6 people, sucks that chaco got himself killed since he was the only person other than marshy that i was fairly sure of being a townie.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Oh well, I guess I didn't think about the douber voter. Oh well, I guess I can end the day early and just hope mafia wins for pride.

vote: wikipedia

wheeee

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
since it is always possible for mafia to kill me tomorrow and fake claim a watcher report so that someone gets mislynched.

Not saying you're doing that of course. But town should always be skeptical. Tomorrow, ask EE for the reasons why he watched certain people. But if he could, it would be best for him to answer it now before scav updates.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8U41a4HVPXE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8U41a4HVPXE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DAY 3 RESULTS

Handorin - 1 (Macman)
Wikipedia - 5 (Rockin, Marshy, Smashman, Handorin)

Not voting:
Evil Eye, Wikipedia, Mentosman

Wikipedia (Proto Man, DRN-000, Independent Survivor Vigilante) has been lynched!

Night 3 Begins. Night Actions are due by Wednesday at 10pm, CENTRAL.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer

Marshy (Shadow Man, DWN-024, Wily Lightkeeper) has been killed!

The Robot Masters had a good run. They thought they had the upper hand. They thought they had Mega Man cornered. They thought, for sure, that with so few surviving robots left, they could find him.

And then, Mega Man dispatched yet another Wily ally, this time with brutal efficiency:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pEHMkmLxSPc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pEHMkmLxSPc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ouch. Shadow Man didn't even have time to slidekick-doubleshuriken.

6 robots remain. But the terrifying thing is, on the character select screen, there are only three more boxes to choose from...

DAY 4 BEGINS.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, October 22, at 10pm Central

Get pumped:
http://ocremix.dreamhosters.com/songs/Mega_Man_2_Wilys_Mosh_Pit_OC_ReMix.mp3

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually no, scratch tha and quick lynch hando.

and this sucks since the two people who were clear in my mind are dead

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
him and EE are who i am suspicious of and EE claimed some pr so id rather lynch hando.

ALSO EE, WHAT ARE YOUR REPORTS

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also noone should vote, since it's beyond lylo and if town votes another town, mafia can easily vote them really fast and quick lynch them giving them the win.

however if yur voting hando its ok with me

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was just about to say what Mac did, don't vote until we're absolutely positive on our lynch choice(likely at least somewhat close to the deadline to make full use of our time. It's crunch time now. Expect more tomorrow, sleep then work.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count

Macman - 1 ()

Not Voting: Evil Eye, Smashman, Rockin, Handorin, Mentosman, Macman

With 6 alive, t takes 4 to lynch.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sheesh, sucks that Marshy died =/

actually no, scratch tha and quick lynch hando.

and this sucks since the two people who were clear in my mind are dead
Kinda quick to lynch someone, even though it's our last possible chance, huh?

him and EE are who i am suspicious of and EE claimed some pr so id rather lynch hando.
That doesn't make much sense. everyone has a power role, I believe >>;;

anyway, I feel that everyone should share in their past Night action flavor if they've been visited (such as Iggy claiming a 'flying robot' hitting him, causing him to be voteblocked). Might help give in clues to narrowing down our suspects. I'm also pretty curious to hear EE's investigations.

But yeah, I don't think role/nameclaiming doesn't sound bad at this point.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Scav's last link doesn't work. =(

1) Macman, there are no benefits to quick lynching me at all. Even if I were confirmed 100% to be mafia it is a bad idea (ie. HP mafia). We are at lylo now, and it's lucky we are even here today. We need to take as much time as possible to work this out. Also, why shouldn't we all be suspicious of something? It's one of, if not the, last day. Let's not make it the last day.

2) Whoever is the anon doublevoter, UNVOTE NOW. We can't take chances. If one vote is out of place, then mafia will win if they catch it in time.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
guys, i dont think we should talk about the dvoter at all. Don't do anything that will lead mafia to be able to figure out who it is by process of elimination. Though I'm pretty sure they know who it is already.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count

No votes.

Not Voting: Evil Eye, Smashman, Rockin, Handorin, Mentosman, Macman

With 6 alive, t takes 4 to lynch.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I just managed to sneak that watcher promise in before the deadline and actually didn't know you'd posted until I came to check on the lynch flavor, Mac. However, it's a good thing I didn't, as I'll explain in a moment when I explain my claim in full.

I won't nameclaim, as I wanted to do something similar to Spidey where we prioritize our suspicions and have the order of claiming go that way, according to the collective suspicions of the town. The odds of catching mafia in a counterclaim are obviously astronomically against us, but we have to play every card we have if we want to win this game, even they are longshots.

Now, although I am watcher, I am sure that some or most of you felt some considerable suspicion. After all, a watcher has serious potential to be a "bingo night action" power role, and we already had an Investigator. Well, in true Scav-ish fashion, my power has been vastly scaled back to the point that it is merely an interesting lead gatherer, not a bingo power.

Let me elaborate. Essentially when I use my Robot Master's power at night, I watch them to learn what projectiles hit them at night. I do not receive the identity of the player that visited them, nor do I obtain the precise name of the projectile -- merely the type of projectile.

However, the type of projectile is enough to narrow down what character it came from to a "category" of abilities. For example, in the Megaman games there would be guys who could form a shield out of various things, and I might see "shield" or "barrier" or something in the case of watching someone who had such an ability active on them.

As such, instead of being what I think of the watcher as typically (a cop on a stakeout), my role becomes more investigative in terms of being able to verify the truthfulness of claims. For example, if I at some point watched someone and saw that a "shuriken" or "ninja star" was active on them, then we claimed today and Marshy claimed Shadow Man, I would be able to provide his claim with some validity, because I had seen evidence that Shadow Man could be in the game.

However it could also help me clear people, as mafia could have ended up with, say, the Bomber's ability, or another ability they'd be very likely to use. Depending on what our Investigator was capable of, he may be used at night as well. Anyway, if I was to watch someone and saw that a "missile" was active on them, they would almost definitely be cleared, because as we know now, no one could have Search Man's ability but the mafia. I was really hoping I'd have a thick stack of these almost-clears by endgame, but I sadly do not.

Before I go on to my results, I want to indicate now that I have yet to predict the mafia's kill target, so I don't know what would happen if I did so. It's possible, I suppose, that I might get something more substantial than usual, but I assume that by design Scav meant for this role to be used in the supplementary fashion I posited above.

Here are my investigations from each night:

Night Zero - Because Macman is a huge night action target, I decided it would be a good idea to watch him. He seemed like a strong candidate for either town PRs or a mafia kill, arguably the most likely person in the game to be a recipient of night powers.

Result: I saw two projectiles active on Macman - A "barrier" and a "grenade". The barrier made me think that Macman was one of many Robot Masters that are able to conjure up a shield as I mentioned earlier, so I thought for quite a while that Macman was a bulletproof. When he said that "if a BP was hit, they should claim", I waffled for a while on whether I thought he was breadcrumbing that he was one to call back to, or legitimately asking the question. I ultimately decided on the latter, as being hit by mafia as BP is the most productive thing you can do. I also considered him being the recipient of doc protection/defender action/whatever.

Obviously, seeing the "grenade" active on Macman made me believe his posting restriction immediately, which is why I was willing to defend him sooner than most. I was damningly certain that Warlord had fired the posting-restriction-inducing grenade, and such actions clicked all to well with either ballsy-but-stupid scum or a lyncher, or a generally ballsy and stupid other type of indy. His claim as Grenade Man, when Iggy took over, did zero to convince me, because it was not new information and didn't conflict with the possibility of his being indy at all.

After a while I started to consider that Mac may be the doc, as the way he played really abrasively and brash, as is often his achilles heel in these games, was actually a good way to keep the mafia from killing him. If you look suspicious, you're not going to get killed, after all. It wasn't exactly something I was taking for granted, but I was considering it seriously enough that I believed him when he claimed.

As a related sidebar, when I asked Mac to elaborate on how certain he was that Wiki could be defeated without endangering what he knows, I actually wasn't referring to the doublevoter. I was considering the "barrier" I observed over him and that he might be a bulletproof after all, silently goading Wiki to shoot at him.

Night 1 - I watched Marshy, because he'd come into the game gangbusters, really aggressive and pushy. I knew if he wasn't mafia, he was a **** likely mafia target. It was returned to me that there were no projectiles active on him.

Night 2 - This is when I sucked, so I admit my decision was a less than informed one. However, I resolved to get back into this game just in time to send in a night action and didn't have tiem for a reread, so I went with Chaco. Chaco, you may recall, was one of the three arguers I found suspicious on D2. Between Rockin, Wiki, and himself, he was the one that I had felt was the most townie, and with the most consistent D2 behavior, based on what I had skimmed before rushing in the night action.

I really regret that I dropped off the face of the earth, because if a doc save prevented a kill on N2 and I watched the target, I might have gotten a real plethora of information.

Night 3 - I watched Mac. It should be pretty obvious why I would do that -- I bought his doc claim, and a dead doc would be a complete and utter disaster this close to endgame. I really felt like Mac forced my hand on that one by claiming, and I wish to hell he hadn't.

Now, you may be wondering why I would claim at all rather than simply watch him. Well, for starters, I felt that the Doc was very important, and with all three mafiats still alive getting a bingo (if that were how my ability works) on one of three isn't going to cut it.

But more importantly, as you can now see, a "bingo" was not assured at all. I essentially bluffed my power a bit in the hopes of scaring the mafia away from what I saw as a valuable asset. With six people alive, and Mac the most cleared in my eyes, a second townie, and then the anonymous doublevoter (who, yes, should stay as such if it's possible). That's four townies, and I had reasoned that I have the least useful ability of the three I knew of. It wasn't much of a stretch to reason that it'd be worth losing me to protect those two, or at least to put my neck out to scare kills away from Dr. Mac.

At any rate, it seems to have worked in at least the latter regard, as Mac is still alive Although I wish it wasn't at the expense of Marshy, as he was almost a nonentity on D3 and could have been very helpful toDay.

V/LA this weekend but I should be able to get on a couple of times regardless. In the meantime:

Moving forward - Hando has rocketed to the top of my suspects with his outlandishly inane behavior toward the end of D3 in addition to the fact that he hasn't sat well with me for a long time to begin with. Rockin trails after him, with smashy and mentos wrangling with each other for the middle and Macman being clear barring some unforeseen damning evidence.

As such if I had to prioritize a nameclaim, it would go in that order (most desired to least desired).

I'd like to reiterate a query I directed to Hando. Incidentally, that post was made to beseech someone to unvote him so he couldn't be quickhammered by scum -- and sure enough, Handorin ninjas the post I was making to hammer him. Terrific.

Hando hasn't answered it, so I'll go ahead and repeat it word for word:

This was before he posted the second one, which proclaims that "tonight, people will die". It's almost like his objective on D3 was to look scummy because his behavior has been absolutely ridiculous.

Also, I absolutely don't support quicklynching because in a lylo situation we should be going into night with as much productive discussion as humanly possible and quicklynching gives us nothing, it just sends us into night no more enlightened than we were before and lets mafia make their next kill.

People shouldn't be voting in general until we agree on a lynch, because one vote out of place and mafia can alpha strike to win. To the doublevoter: Are you completely out of your ****ing mind? Even if you don't buy mac's claim or think his pushing to quicklynch is scummy he's still a hell of a lot less scummy than most others. If Mac is town, you bent over for a mafia win with that move. Seriously, use your head. Jesus.

@Mentos: What I find suspicious about your actions on D3 is not that you ultimately decided not to go after Wiki. Obviously that would be hypocritical, as I expressed the same concerns. My point is that your immediate reaction was to push his lynch, and then you came to this decision and backed away. You expressed one opinion and then shapeshifted to the other, and it didn't come across to me as organic at all. It came across to me like you wanted an excuse to not vote for Wiki and it backfired, instead making you look like a fencesitter. As such, I'm not satisfied with your answer.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i thought there was 3 mafia left?

and wtf, I didn't see the vote count. srsly double voter? Let's try to be intelligent now.

anddddddd I hate to say it but I believe EE's claim. So thats another confirmed townie, which makes things easier. Tho theres the possibility that you might be mafia with the investigative role thingy but you got n0 actions on point which I don't think you could have if you just obtained the guys role n1.

Quicklynch was only partially a joke, i just don't want to spend another month on this game XD

Can we all agree that me and EE[because I said so] are clear?

Top Bottom