• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DAPHNE 1, Pgn & Blacka's monthlies. Mineola, NY, 10/10/09

What should the side event be?

• Low tier singles

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Duelist Pro

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Mid tier singles

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Crews

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters

Vinnie

Smash Master
Major turn of events. My mom flipped out when I sneaked out of the house (she didn't know about the tourney).

2 minutes after I left, she calls me. She said to come home now, along with a bunch of curses and death threats. I tried to calm her down and she eventually was screaming into the phone so much that I just couldn't understand her anymore. 5 minutes later she calls back and says she's going to get the cops looking for me (I refused to tell her the address), and that she's going to give the person that was giving me a ride arrested (Aizen-Sama). So I came home, Blackanese is hosting now, I just hope everything goes well.

Call me a bad host, call me a bad person, but there was nothing in this situation I could have done. This really sucks, I'm sorry, all. I know everything will go well, Blackanese is a great host. I was going to bring the recording equipment but I guess I can't.

Again I'm really sorry, I'm typing this from my grandparents' house because I live there now...

Vinnie

Smash Master
It's my fault for not telling her before planning it. One day I was near gt, decided to plan a day for hosting. Immediately after, my mom got mad at me like the next day. So I decided to wait to tell her. She just had a negative sense against me, never had a chance to tell her about the tourney. It ended up being like 3 days before the tourney and she got a call from my English teacher that I'm missing hw or w/e, not a big deal, but she completely flipped. She likes to take things out of proportion and decided to threaten to call the cops once I left.

I feel like I'm gonna get majorly flamed... It's entirely my fault for not telling my mom about the tourney.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's my fault for not telling her before planning it. One day I was near gt, decided to plan a day for hosting. Immediately after, my mom got mad at me like the next day. So I decided to wait to tell her. She just had a negative sense against me, never had a chance to tell her about the tourney. It ended up being like 3 days before the tourney and she got a call from my English teacher that I'm missing hw or w/e, not a big deal, but she completely flipped. She likes to take things out of proportion and decided to threaten to call the cops once I left.

I feel like I'm gonna get majorly flamed... It's entirely my fault for not telling my mom about the tourney.
Not really mad right now i'll be mad when i come home from the tournament though.

Anti's Fury didn't kick in yet.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman

Honestly its simple. just do the random crap you gotta do and stay on your parents good side. you'll pretty much be allowed to do anything after a while. unless your mom's a complete control freek, otherwise i feel completely sorry for you.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
LOL quit life son. why would you try to sneak out. you should always have a plan b.

a really good way to get your parents to trust you to do things that aren't important is to not do the things that matter. good ****

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
LOL quit life son. why would you try to sneak out. you should always have a plan b.

a really good way to get your parents to trust you to do things that aren't important is to not do the things that matter. good ****

give him a break:mad:

Lactose

Smash Rookie
Blacka is the shiz. He's gonna get all the venue $$$$. That's four dollar signs son.

Vinnie

Smash Master
So I've been calling various people and stuff, pretty much stalking the tournament. Here are some highlights I heard of.

Doubles
1. Ally / ADHD
2. MintyFlesh / Doom
3. Anti / Dabuz

something like that

and

-Minty beat Vex O.O, I think he lost to Atomsk. He's 4-1 atm I think.
-Aizen-Sama lost to Cheese NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
-VivatheSaturn got 17th I think, so did CoonTail.
-Lactose went 1-2, he SD'd against Eazy and got thrown out of the boundary by cloudfox XD.

all I know for now. :[

edit: also, I have no idea what to think of this turnout.

First, Lactose told me like 20 people went. o_O
then Viva told me like 30ish went
then Coontail told me 53 entered singles

so I have no idea...

edit2: Dabuz knocked ADHD out, I think. And I called Coontail and he said it looks like Ally's going to beat Dabuz...

Minty's about to play PatG, idk what place they're playing for though. It looks like everything's going fine. I'm sort of updating to myself because everyone's at the tourney but I'm hella bored...

Vinnie

Smash Master
Doubles

1. Ally / ADHD
2. Inui / Atomsk
3. Minty / Doom

good stuff guys.

52 entered singles, not too bad.

For Daphne 2, I think Blacka's gonna host it, just for the sake of me not being main host because then we won't get much of a turnout -.-

If we get good feedback on the venue, we'll keep it.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'm back.

I think singles were something like.

1. Ally
2. ADHD
3. Anti
4. Inui
5. Dabuz
5. Atomsk
7. PatG
7. Fatal

Dabuz > ADHD in WB.
Anti > Atomsk in WB.
Ally > Dabuz in WB.
Anti > inui in WB.
Ally > Anti in WB.
ADHD > Atomsk in LB.
inui > Dabuz in LB.
ADHD > Anti in LB.
***ANTI BEAT ADHD in a 5$ MM***

EDIT : INUI GET 3 STOCKED BY MY G&W GAME 2 LOLOLOL.

Fun tournament.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
What was the next few dubs spots?
No one cares about dubs ***.

All you really need to know is Ally and ADHD got 1st

Inui Atomsk 2nd

Inui and Atomsk lost to Eazy + Keitaro in winners

beat them in losers

Top Bottom