• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
If anything, I would recommend DI down (and away of course) because that way if he messes up a wavesmash you can punish

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Its terrible to DI up because its an easy tipper if they just walk up a bit. If you're too high percent to be hit by this, then you might as well have DI'd away. It gets you farther than up.

And to Idea, no percent (I think) as long as you DI away. If you're at mid-percents, just DI in, because you'll get hit with an FSmash without fail, so eating it would be better than letting him get that tipper. So he'll never get a wavedash -> tipper on you. It takes too long (from my experience).

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I always DI out just fine. Even at 0, if you DI out and down he can't get you. I do not believe Marth has a guaranteed tipper at any percentage.

idea

Smash Master
When you guys do puffs airs, do you use the c stick or A+Stick? Actually, which is better to use is the better question =-D
edit: forgot to answer this before. mostly it doesn't matter, personal preference. whatever's easiest for you.

c-stick is useful in specific situations, though...non-fast-fallen dairs, falling upairs, things where you would have to move the joystick really precisely if you were using only it + A. also bairs when you're near them and want to bair at the start of your jump as you move away.

I always DI out just fine. Even at 0, if you DI out and down he can't get you. I do not believe Marth has a guaranteed tipper at any percentage.
mm, okay, if you guys mostly agree on it...maybe i'm just DIing it wrong =P still wanna hear what hbox/mango/darc (do you ever come here without namesearching?) think.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
When you guys do puffs airs, do you use the c stick or A+Stick? Actually, which is better to use is the better question =-D
I'd say most people Cstick.

I'm a bit odd. I use the stick and the A button for my first fair/bair, and then if I follow up I use the Cstick.
If I connect a bair and get the chance to WoP, I usually keep using the A button so I can jump and bair without moving my thumb.

o_O

Tamoo

Smash Master
From what others are saying, it seems down and out.

What I might add is that I hardly ever get tippered when I di up and in at low percents, and up and away at high percents. I get fsmashed at low percents and faired at high percents, but almost never tippered unless i react badly, but ill test this more when i get home or something

dudutsai

Smash Lord
You can't SDI throws, and Marth can get you if you do either (dthrow or fthrow). It's really just guessing which way he's going to throw you and DI'ing accordingly.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
If you're at 0%, can't the Marth just Fthrow -> walk to adjust his position -> Tipper? I know he has time to walk a bit, and for sure if you DI away he can get you, but I've never seen a Marth walk backwards to get the tipper.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Technically, the c stick is better. But I use A+stick if I'm gonna be DI'ing in the direction that I'm attacking (like if I'm facing backwards from them, using back airs towards them, i'll just hold towards them and tap A).

But yeah technically speaking the c stick is always best, lol.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
It's all about personal preference. I just do whatever feels natural, changing between A and C-stick. I remember reading that Hungrybox has a really unique style....

idea

Smash Master
i could never wd with the control stick. feels so awkward.

also that lends to the stereotype of "jigglypuff players suck". 'lol, he beats everyone and doesn't even use A or jump buttons'

GSUB

Smash Lord
also that lends to the stereotype of "jigglypuff players suck". 'lol, he beats everyone and doesn't even use A or jump buttons'
Or it just shows that HungryBox is good...? lol. cause WaveDashing with UP and jumping with UP is hecka hard. (He'd **** everyone at single button melee @_@)

I only use z for grabbing, and for aerials against peach so that I can either attack or grab her turnips and not ever get hit.

Drecker

Smash Ace
With Puff, I tend not to CStick for my air game, A or Z all the way.

I made my sig, I'll make you one if you PM me :p.

idea

Smash Master
'sok, i just thought it was cool. i like mine at the moment =P took me forever to make, too, cause for some reason it's really hard to find programs for making and editing .gifs.

Or it just shows that HungryBox is good...? lol. cause WaveDashing with UP and jumping with UP is hecka hard. (He'd **** everyone at single button melee @_@)
yeah, but then it's not a joke anymore =P

inditled

Smash Apprentice
whhhhheeeeeeeeeee i had my first torunament (it was brawl) wasnt anything to big but next week there may be melee singles and doubles

anyways i just want some tips for playing doubles as puff, any general strategies n stuff i shud kno about?

idea

Smash Master
i'm still waiting for someone to do well with a jiggs-peach team. just camp both ledges :bee:

(for actual, bair and rest a lot, and try to support your teammate; save them when they can't recover since you're at no risk)

also, wouldn't simna's corneria trick work pretty well for jiggs too? instead of holding down-b for the laser, use rising pound + 6 jumps to avoid it.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
i'm still waiting for someone to do well with a jiggs-peach team. just camp both ledges :bee:

(for actual, bair and rest a lot, and try to support your teammate; save them when they can't recover since you're at no risk)

also, wouldn't simna's corneria trick work pretty well for jiggs too? instead of holding down-b for the laser, use rising pound + 6 jumps to avoid it.
My friend and I do jiggs peach sometimes, it's fun and works well but you lose out on a lot of the advantages that jiggs/peach bring to the table. For example, you don't have to help each other's recoveries. But, at the same time, you keep the weaknesses of both, such as getting ***** by low ceilings, and losing out on a lot of the zoning games that other characters make use of. I'd say it's pretty good but in my opinion fox/jiggs or sheik/jiggs will be the best in the end xP. But hey I normally do teams as Fox/Falco or double Falco sooooooo XD

Also, what's simna's corneria trick? never head of it, could you elaborate? :laugh:

idea

Smash Master
My friend and I do jiggs peach sometimes, it's fun and works well but you lose out on a lot of the advantages that jiggs/peach bring to the table. For example, you don't have to help each other's recoveries. But, at the same time, you keep the weaknesses of both, such as getting ***** by low ceilings, and losing out on a lot of the zoning games that other characters make use of. I'd say it's pretty good but in my opinion fox/jiggs or sheik/jiggs will be the best in the end xP. But hey I normally do teams as Fox/Falco or double Falco sooooooo XD

Also, what's simna's corneria trick? never head of it, could you elaborate? :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoLcPGxeyA&feature=response_watch

later on, he also added this as a reply to gimpyfish's video "the art of counterpicking".

inditled

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs/Peach? ... PC/Mango at ROM lawl
Fox/Jiggs team is fun. Rest out of their throws! Same with Marth/Jiggs.

yea, well im not sure if my partner can use peach so chases are either fox/jiggs or marth/jiggs
either way we will prolly end up winning, mostly scrubs will show up, or so i hear.........
thanks for ur advice anywayssssss

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
You can pull the Pink Shinobi and CP Kongo Jungle, and just float up there forever.

And... Is Marth/Jiggs actually a good team? I always thought it was bad, but I played it.

Drecker

Smash Ace
I really dislike Peach/Jiggs in sets, mainly for reasons RestInPeace just named. Congo Jungle is ****ing ********.

I never ban it because I can't stand Dreamland in the Jig/Peach matchup, though.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff forces them to space, and if Peach lands a dsmash in the confusion Jigglypuff can rest out of getup rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom