• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I am a scrub now :(

No koast doesn't look to well for me anyways I do have a chance of going to hobo 20 but i doubt i'll take it since i'd have to go to some concert afterwards and miss monday school or arrive really early in the mourning.

That B reversed counter does sound good if it works like it sounds but i doubt it does, someone should just do a quick check can't find my wii mote other wise i'd do it.

Also I'll update this soon as i get a chance.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
*pops my head in this section*

so bored called me a wimp the other day D:

do i belong here anymore?:(

lol

Red X sucks

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Looks like I won't be showing up to Phase 2 Brett and Doom. Our IF Football game got canceled today, so it's gonna be moved to next week. Oh well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're really going to pass up a chance to get jabbed by Mr. Doom for Intramural? >_>
I've missed out on 2 of 3 Intramural games because I was out of town. One was for HOBO, and the other was when I went back home for a religious holiday.

Besides, it's only fun when you are doing the jabbing =/.

Edit: All nighters suck.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
No johns. I've pulled a good few all-nighters this semester.
Of course, only one of them was forced upon me because of studying/schoolwork/practice. Maybe that's why I haven't had much a problem with the others....

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
He talked about them once I think there thropies but i don't remember.

I never requested a friendship from kirk because I was afraid of rejection :(

Also all nighters don't work you should study and then get a good nights sleep.

Kirk

Smash Champion
If you really wanted to be my friend, you wouldn't have started dating my ex-girlfriend and then stopped talking to me. I've tried to be ok with it, but it just doesn't seem to be working out. I really don't want to lose a friend over something so stupid.

I'm sorry if I don't believe you, but it's just very hard to do so...given the circumstances. Maybe one of these days you'll know how I REALLY feel about the whole situation, but you can't seem to grasp that yet. Maybe once you read this, things might start heading in the right direction.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm sorry, Kirk. You know how I've always felt about her. For as long as you ever did and as far as you know, even longer. And I will apologize about not talking. I just got caught up in so many things... and though she's a great factor, she's not the only one. I've been picking up some pieces of my own, and along the way I must have dropped a few again. Let's pick it back up from the start. Clean slate. I'll make time between all my music assignments, getting back in touch with family, cleaning up my act, and writing long paragraphs of made-up-for-the-lulz SWF drama.
And we can be the best of friends.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Maybe Kirk will enjoy your presence and respect you more if you respected yourself. It all starts with you. Friendship isn't something you can just throw down the toilet man.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm awesome.

Agreed, Kirk.
Girl time > study time.

I'll be your friend.
The chances of that girl being the "one" is 1/Earth's Population. So if you end up breaking up with her, all that time you spent with her would be meaningless, and you will be hating yourself for all that time you wasted when you coulda been doing something else.

Studying enough to get good grades and getting a good job that pays has a better well...pay out in the end.

Awesome Doctor > Your Girl.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I don't think you get it. Not that I would expect you to.

This isn't some made-up-for-the-lulz drama ****. It's real life. It's why I don't have any real friends anymore. It's why I'm slipping back into depression. It's why I can't place well in tournaments. It's why I lose confidence in myself. It's why I think I won't amount to anything in my life. It's why I'm branching out to a ****ing forum of all places.

Life sucks, this and that, blah blah blah. Oh, and JOHNS. Sure, maybe. But really? Probably. But why? I don't know.

That's my new catch phrase by the way, "I don't know."

Inappropriate? Yes. Report me? If you want, I don't care. This isn't the right place for this, but all is **** in the land, and I myself have noooooooooooo place to go.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
**** first I was going to text brett saying wtf? then i saw his made up thing and i was like oh lol

and now I'm like wtf again? either kirk is a really good troll or brett is a douchebag going to Chicago to take kirk's girl

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude, no, I'm not. My girl was born and raised in the Dallas area like me. I was going along with what I thought was a joke because it seemed like he was talking to me.

Kirk. =\
You're one of the most easily likable people on SWF (sure, a forum-- I don't care). You're bound to have friends you're just forgetting about. And yeah, I know we just talk video games and IKE LAWLZ all the time here, but if any of us could be considered "friends," I don't think that's embarrassing.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Venting, perhaps. Not like it will improve my situation.

First, you don't know my life. Oh, there must be friends I'm forgetting about, OF COURSE!

No.

My 'friends' consist of people I play smash with and see at tournaments. I don't mean this in a negative way, but that's all I do with them. A friend has many meanings, and it is different for everyone. For me, I only had one. Just one person who I considered a real friend. And with that taken away from me, I feel lost about everything else.

Same goes for here. Sure, I have 'friends,' but its nothing serious. I've never met any of you in person...it's all text. Being all over the country doesn't help, either.

I don't know why I'm still talking about my personal life here...what good will that do. Nothing else has been working, so why the hell not...

Kaito0921

Smash Rookie
this discussion shows; all ike mains are friend. we can talk about one another without flames or anything else. lol, srsly

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
What I was saying is that you're a good guy, Kirk. And people like you and will be your friends if you let them.

Seriously, if you PM and ask me, I'll tell you what I think, admittedly knowing absolutely nothing about you, your life, or the people around you.

If you'd rather not, then there must be someone better with whom to talk (going by my observation that you're apparently having difficulty keeping it COMPLETELY contained--- human nature). And if there is someone better, that would only illustrate my point.

At the risk of sounding cheesy and weak: If you want to talk to someone who won't judge you-- I'm always here wasting my time anyway.

Past that offer, though...well... it really just may be best not to advertise such a personal crisis in this (unrelated) public forum.

EDIT: What he said. v

theeboredone

Smash Legend
this discussion shows; all ike mains are friend. we can talk about one another without flames or anything else. lol, srsly
....yes let's all have a big group hug -_-...

I'm not a fan of posting personal problems in a forum for the world to see. Obviously, the first step to take if you have no outside friends is to get some outside friends. Not to sound harsh or anything, but there are people out there for everyone. It CAN be the people in your smash community, but for the most part, people in the smash community only relate to each other at the outside level. Second, if you need to vent, don't vent to everyone here...go to someone you can open up to and let em have it. Now I know we all joke around with one another, and for the most part, keep our social lives personal, but if you want to cross that boundary in the smash community, it has to start with one person, not an entire group. This is how deeper friendships are formed, when we are willing to slowly open up our lives to other people. Posting for the entire community to see is just asking for sympathy and woeful advice. You're better off getting it at a more personal level with one person.

It's kinda the reason why I added some of you guys on facebook, to get to know you on a more personal level, and not just smash. -Shrugs-.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Again, venting. I never asked anyone for advice.

The problem is, there is a person who I could open up to and let everything out. He just so happens to be the one involved. So that doesn't work for me.

But I'll stop. I knew I shouldn't have brought anything up here, but I did anyway. I kept posting because I felt like I had to do something. But w/e. If you REALLY are bored, I wouldn't mind conversations on AIM. I don't get a lot of interaction with people these days.

Back on topic. Falco is tough, but not unbeatable. Though it's probably just me, but I really don't mind the Falco matchup.

lrn2bread?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Geez Kirk o.o of all the times I choose to lurk the Ike boards, this time I have to say something.

Kirk life is still young! It just takes time to collect yourself after such a major blow to your face. >.> Hell i still need a blow on my face cause i ignore all my problems and potential "blows to my face"

Kaito0921

Smash Rookie
....yes let's all have a big group hug -_-...

I'm not a fan of posting personal problems in a forum for the world to see. Obviously, the first step to take if you have no outside friends is to get some outside friends. Not to sound harsh or anything, but there are people out there for everyone. It CAN be the people in your smash community, but for the most part, people in the smash community only relate to each other at the outside level. Second, if you need to vent, don't vent to everyone here...go to someone you can open up to and let em have it. Now I know we all joke around with one another, and for the most part, keep our social lives personal, but if you want to cross that boundary in the smash community, it has to start with one person, not an entire group. This is how deeper friendships are formed, when we are willing to slowly open up our lives to other people. Posting for the entire community to see is just asking for sympathy and woeful advice. You're better off getting it at a more personal level with one person.

It's kinda the reason why I added some of you guys on facebook, to get to know you on a more personal level, and not just smash. -Shrugs-.
1. it was a joke. 2. lets stop about talking kirks life. ur post is rly awesome, but another topic would be better now. kirk so much does not have over its private lives to tell, and we do not have to be over honest also with it to deal so directly.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Is this what dyslexia feels like? ╥_╥

Kirk: don't forget about your friends here in NY!

Back to brawl:

I'm really starting to think JUNGLE JAPES is one of Ike's best stages (except like 2-3 characters but that's not much. I have played good DKs and ROBs on this level many times without difficulty so far). I have played on this level countless times to test my ideas about this stage.

1. Ike can't really get gimped here.
The sides are thin, so there's hardly any offstage, and there are ledges everywhere. If Ike dies here, it'll usually be because he got KOd off the side. + He can only feasibly get gimped on 1 side.

Ike can recover from both the left and right as long as he's not spiked in the water (it takes extra time to get out of the water if you're spiked, right?)

2. Ike can survive until really high percents, yet get kills himself.
It's japes. High ceilings, etc. Nuff said. Ike can still kill characters early on this stage. fair, ftilt, bair, Ike has the tools to kill, especially horizontally.

3. Battlefield-esque:
There is a platform in the middle, and two tiny platforms on the side. What's not to love? It'll be hard for people to camp on the sides when one fair to their shield knocks them off the platform anyways+ being near the sides=higher chance of dying at higher %s. You can literally spam full hop fair from the middle without much worry f your opponent tries to camp on the sides. not to mention aether or aether drag.

4. The water is no big deal. The water is your friend.
Being afraid of water is so 2008. Things have changed. if ike accidentally falls in the water on both sides, he can still recover. Just hold right, full hop after you hear him come up to breathe, then hop for another aether. 9 times/10, you won't be in that situation anyways.
You can do many things on the stage. You can spam aether on the sides, and even aether drag them into the water (if you manage to aether-spike them into the water, you can dair spike them for the kill if you time it right). You can QD from one side of the ledge to the other.

because of the edges, ike can knock people offstage with jabs, if you manage to hit a person shielding offstage with a jab, you can get them into a mini combat walk offstage, leaving them in your hands. it's very helpful.

The best place your opponent would want to be is the middle, but look! there's a nice big platform for you to use. That's another gift for you platform-lovers.

The gator is no problem. It comes when the clock is on the 7th and 4th second in a 10 second loop, + aether has super armor, so you shouldn't get hit by this in a serious or higher level match.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Is this what dyslexia feels like? ╥_╥

Kirk: don't forget about your friends here in NY!

Back to brawl:

I'm really starting to think JUNGLE JAPES is one of Ike's best stages (except like 2-3 characters but that's not much. I have played good DKs and ROBs on this level many times without difficulty so far). I have played on this level countless times to test my ideas about this stage.

1. Ike can't really get gimped here.
The sides are thin, so there's hardly any offstage, and there are ledges everywhere. If Ike dies here, it'll usually be because he got KOd off the side. + He can only feasibly get gimped on 1 side.

Ike can recover from both the left and right as long as he's not spiked in the water (it takes extra time to get out of the water if you're spiked, right?)

2. Ike can survive until really high percents, yet get kills himself.
It's japes. High ceilings, etc. Nuff said Ike can still kill characters early on this stage. fair, ftilt, bair, Ike has the tools to kill.

3. Battlefield-esque:
There is a platform in the middle, and two tiny platforms on the side. What's not to love? It'll be hard for people to camp on the sides when one fair to their shield knocks them off the platform anyways+ being near the sides=higher chance of dying at higher %s.

4. The water is no big deal. The water is your friend.
Being afraid of water is so 2008. Things have changed. if ike accidentally falls in the water on both sides, he can still recover. Just hold right, full hop after you hear him come up to breathe, then hop for another aether. 9 times/10, you won't be in that situation anyways.
You can do many things on the stage. You can spam aether on the sides, and even aether drag them into the water (if you manage to aether-spike them into the water, you can dair spike them for the kill if you time it right). You can QD from one side of the ledge to the other.

because of the edges, ike can knock people offstage with jabs, if you manage to hit a person shielding offstage with a jab, you can get them into a mini combat walk offstage, leaving them in your hands. it's very helpful.

The best place your opponent would want to be is the middle, but look! there's a nice big platform for you to use. That's another gift for you platform-lovers.

The gator is no problem. It comes when the clock is on the 7th and 4th second in a 10 second loop, + aether has super armor, so you shouldn't get hit by this in a serious or higher level match.
I actually agree with san on this. I also gathered some stage info about Japes and applied it most of my games and it helped a great deal, especially with predicting intervals in which Klaptraps would jump out of the water. Fair/retreating Fair really helps here, because so many people are scared to get so low because of the Klaptraps. They like to stay high and punishing air dodges with Fair is simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom