• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
GREAT TIGER: I liked this just as much as Kholdstare. While many believe he's imbalanced, i dont since it probably takes a lot of understanding and patience in order to master exactly when to use each move. I liked the originality in many of the moves, which made me dissapointed even more at the unoriginal ones. That said, all his little mechanics mingle together well, though not quite as much as Tomahawk Man's tree. I certainly am enjoying your movesets since you came back, Khold. Now its time to make a new Shadow Beast (my favorite of all your sets ever) and blow the competition away. No matter what the character is, im looking forward to your next set. Now if only i could think of a character for that awesome mechanic I thought of...

SHO: Ive never played TWEWY, but youve given enough info for me to understand this moveset. The quotes in the headers are hilarious, and the mechanic is explained in a way that isnt confusing. I liked the variety of summons and you necessity of them in order to use certain attacks, ever-so-slightly tweaking his playstyle depending upon which noises he summons. I do agree with Ocon in saying you should lower the lag on the neutral special a little bit though. Certainly better than all your other sets, Apemasta, and I hope to see more from you.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Scribblenauts just plain devoured the past few days of mine. I can't believe you can actually glue swords onto a nun chuck to make a sword chuck.

Pi-face: It's been a while since your last set. So it's a pleasant surprise to come back to.

The organisation is, as expected, all kinds of sexy. Sleek, simple and suitable in almost every way those three words can be applied.

It could have done with a few more linespaces between sections (particularly at the start). Also, the bolding is frequently excessive. It's generally accepted that for each paragraph, only one phrase (if that) of 5 words or less should be highlighted. Randomly highlighting too many things, makes it harder to read what hasn't been highlighted.

The attacks themselves are extremely well written, Sho's awesome character shining through the majority of them.
You've done a better job on playstyle since last time but it still feels a little too much like general advice. Though it's always a great idea to keep the reader aware of the big picture, it wouldn't hurt to delve into the nitty gritty specifics occasionally.

His central mechanic, fun and fitting as it is, is a case of "too much too soon". You talk too much about attacks that have yet to be read along with concepts that are simply inpenetrable before reading the moves in question.
A lot of what you explain could have easily become part of the specials themselves... actually, ALL of it could have gone in the specials

Finally, when you have attacks that only work with particular Noise, and the summons themselves are randomly chosen, at the very least give him an alternate attack for when he lacks that Noise. I'd be freaking annoyed if I was playing as Sho, and I couldn't even use a Foreward smash without a Grunge Wolf, or a N-air without a Neoclassical Drake.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+2]Sho Minamimoto[/size]
I thought that he might be your next set based on a hint on one of your previous posts. The writing is quite fitting itself. I kind of don't really understand exactly how "soul" is created, I presume that it is automatically made. Attacks after the specials are a relief, as they are not so complicated. The way you summed up Sho's playstyle is rather interesting to say, and the Down Special fits in quite well. The end of the Up Special made me realise about the noise limit quite easily. Im not worried about the grabs that much, though one could say they could fit with Sho, they can be used anytime unlike some of Sho's moves, so they are nice for backing off foes. Sho's tilts allow him to back off foes, which in terms adds to his playstyle. The noise themselves and the moves Sho needs to be able to use them would kind of make Sho situational. Also Sho should have a way to be able to climb up his Trash Tower, such as better jumps. Everyone else makes very good points about your set and it is agreeable to me.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Omg 3.14159 Lawl Pi

Because I'm a goody goody, I will comment on Sho before I post Space Invaders. Even thoug I won't get to post them for a while. Let's see what we have here, hmmmm?

SHOE-Errr....SHO
I love pi. Really I do. TWEWY I can't really speak for however, mainly because I haven't played it. Although I do hear lots of good about it. Sho is something that was difficult to read for me, but I'm not a TWEWY fan, so yay. However, it was a good set, but it was incredobly complicated, and therefore wouldn't fit in among the simpler characters of Brawl.....I sound like those Dupe accounts. But that's not preventing this from being a good set. The noise summoning thing was a great idea, and it reminded me of some moves I have for Invaders. I also thought the limited recovery was cool, and how if he were playable, lots of people would spam it and end up losing it. All the math refrences were great too. 3.14159. And so on. Anyway, here ends my first review, and all in all, Sho gets 8/10. It's a great set, but it's complicated.

The Necromancer

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm new here at Smashboards. I just saw this thread and looked at some of the movesets. I find this idea great, it seems like a lot of fun! I saw the submission deadline is soon, but I could try to make a moveset and if I don't have time, I'll just submit it in the next edition of this contest. ( If there's one )

Is there a place where I could get links to many movesets so that I could have an idea of what type of moveset I must do. ( I did read the Opening Page but I'd like to have a more precise idea )

PS : Luckily, I already learned how to do those signature buttons in another forum! ;)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I read Sho and I liked him.
*slaps*

Hi everyone. I'm new here at Smashboards. I just saw this thread and looked at some of the movesets. I find this idea great, it seems like a lot of fun! I saw the submission deadline is soon, but I could try to make a moveset and if I don't have time, I'll just submit it in the next edition of this contest. ( If there's one )

Is there a place where I could get links to many movesets so that I could have an idea of what type of moveset I must do. ( I did read the Opening Page but I'd like to have a more precise idea )

PS : Luckily, I already learned how to do those signature buttons in another forum! ;)
Welcome to MYM! I'm exited to see a newcomer. You can see all of the movesets posted in the thread so far here, but this includes both the good and the... not-so-good sets. You can see the Definitive MYM Roster here, which includes all of the best-regarded MYM sets. There are a couple of sets that are planned to be on the next iteration of the list not on right now too:

Spadefox by Hyper_Ridley
Bubbles by Wizzerd that's me!
The Count by MasterWarlord

...and there's also Junahu's very in-depth guide to making MYM sets.

Excited to see what you come up with! :cool:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
@TAC: - You finally made him, K. Rool! And he is just the way he should be. :bee:
I forgot to acknowledge this, filip; thanks, it means a lot to me. Reminds me of the good ol' days ... :( Still, good to see you're still sporadically active.

I was going to rebuke people for not commenting Sho, but then he got, like, nine comments, so you'll forgive me for saying that he's a massive improvement and a very nice-looking set and leaving it at that.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The King of Darkness never hurries!

ZANT

Zant, the King of Darkness himself. Showcased as a villain in Twilight Princess, this sinister Twili, constantly hidden behind that stone chameleon mask, staged a coup, taking over both his own Twilight Realm and then trying to extend his sway even beyond. He gives off the menacing air of a calm and tactical mastermind as he spreads Twilight like a plague.

It's only later, when you bring the fight to him in his dark seat, that he reveals his true nature; a madman. It seems that being passed over as a candidate for King of the Twili drove him to the brink of insanity, and although he contains it (with difficulty) with the help of Ganon's magic, when under pressure, it erupts out of him in a torrent of gibbering madness. And here is a video of his boss battle.

Zant brings his schizophrenia with him into Brawl. By default, he's calm, collected, focusing around a variety of long-range hexes and dark magic. He has a number of attacks that manipulate the stage and the foe and is the quintessential spacing character. Many of his attacks, however, have the byproduct of creating Twilight, that strange matter that turns regular people into translucent ghosts. While inside a patch of Twilight, Zant's moveset changes dramatically as he becomes that crazed scimitar-swinging lunatic. This side moveset is simplistic, not at all a major attraction here, and will be linked in at the end.

The properties of Twilight? It's cohesive, like water; two patches near each other will spread until they join together into a single mass. Foes completely engulfed by it appear yellowish and ghostly and have their knockback sliced by 1/3. This in addition to Zant's moveset shift results in a monumental advantage for you if you can create enough of it. However, all Twilight vanishes into thin air when Zant is KOed.

Range ||| 9 ||| His greatest boon; Zant has little need to approach.
Size ||| 8 ||| Zant towers over much of the cast, silent and still.
Weight ||| 7 ||| A heavyweight at heart, his helm adds to his bulk.
Power ||| 6 ||| Mystical, perhaps, but not almighty.
Jump ||| 6 ||| He displays an athleticism one would not expect from a tyrant.
Attack Speed ||| 4 ||| Summoning dark forces takes time.
Fall Speed ||| 3 ||| Carried on dark winds, Zant drifts.
Run ||| 3 ||| There is no need for haste until Twilight covers the land.

Zant's strengths are many - he can fight from afar with little difficulty, pelting the foe with irritating attacks and twisting the landscape to best protect him - and he is difficult to KO, with bulk, recovery, and long air time on his side. But just as tremendous are his flaws; if he tries to engage in regular combat, he's got little chance, as he leans toward the slow side and has difficulty stopping a good approach.

Neutral Special ~~~ Orb of Red Twilight

Zant cups his hands before him, one on top and the other below. Motes of energy materialize and coalesce to form an orb in his hands. This is chargeable and storable rather like DK's Giant Punch, but takes less than a second to charge altogether and cannot be used half-charged. Pressing B a second time launches this orb forward; note, however, that it is extremely controllable, almost too much so. It's half as big as Kirby, fast as an arrow, almost as hard to control as Super Sonic, and cannot move backwards. If it makes contact with a solid surface, it ricochets off of it with doubled speed and damage output.

Upon contact with a foe, the orb deals 9% and slight knockback that always knocks the foe to the ground (unless they tech). However, high-priority attacks - disjointed ones, mostly - can interrupt it and make it burst into a cloud of sparkles, if timed properly. Its extreme speed makes it difficult to read in this way, but this makes it unspammable on its own.

Side Special ~~~ Disintegrate

Zant raises an arm or lowers it, depending on whether you hold Up or Down. If Up, this attack only has an effect if the foe is a platform ahead of you. Zant clenches his fist and the foe dissolves into a storm of colourful particles spontaneously. They cannot be hit by regular attacks, but have only the faintest control over the movement of their little cloud. They remain in this state for two seconds before reforming. This is easy to see coming and can be dodged, although not shielded.

If you choose Down, Zant points at the ground before him, and it's a SBB-size chunk of it that dissolves into iotas. This means that a chunk of the stage is now effectively missing (although the motes still hover in place, in the foreground or background), creating a new hole into which you can throw the foe. The missing piece of the stage reforms after five seconds, pushing out anyone who might be overlapping it at the time. This variant is laggier, taking almost a second to complete.

Up Special ~~~ Twilit Wormhole

Zant raises both arms skyward, and a dark portal of sorts appears in the sky above him, by default a Ganondorf above the next highest thing on the stage. This simply hangs there for fifteen seconds before dissipating. You can create up to of these at a time, and, indeed, you need to if you intend to use it to recover. Using this a third time - while you already have two - while Zant is roughly underneath one of them will causes him to disappear into it and reappear outside of the other, effectively warping between the two. This is not entirely lagless, but can be used to your heart's content until the time limit on one of them runs out. Creating them is quite laggy. This recovery requires forethought and for you to set one up off the edge of the stage.

If a wormhole is directly above you (and another is elsewhere on the stage) when you Disintegrate a foe or a fragment of the stage, they will be sucked into it and issue out of the other. If it's a piece of the stage you teleport this way, it'll instantly sink to its original altitude - or as close as it can get to it - and reform, solidifying. In this way you can remake the stage to better fit your designs. Move a drop-through platform to the side of the stage so you can use it for recovery. Move a piece of a wall to a more opportune spot, where you can use it to ricochet your Neutral Specials. Or simply stack up a few pieces of the main platform to make it harder for foes to approach you on the ground. The opportunities are truly limitless.

If it's a foe who is sucked into the wormhole, they'll come out of the other and reform after they reach their initial altitude. Best used if you've set one up off the edge of the map, although be aware you may have to edgeguard to prevent them from simply recovering.

Down Special ~~~ Dimensional Tear

Zant brings one sleeved arm in a diagonal slash through the air in front of him. This is a small fast hitbox that deals 7% and has fairly weak knockback. It also traces a thin, dark line through the air itself. This is a rip between the Twilight Realm and the Smash universe, and if left unchecked, it swells quickly, bleeding Twilight. A small line will become a Zant-sized chunk of Twilight within three seconds, but will grow no further than that.

The only way to prevent this is by attacking Zant in the wind-down, when he pulls his arm back slightly and chuckles. If you do not, he'll have a foolproof patch of Twilight in which to employ his other moveset, and from which to make it spread.

Jab ~~~ Blood Darts

Zant raises and clenches a fist. The tail end of a single dart sprouts from between two of his fingers. Tapping A a second time creates a second dart next to the first; this can be done up to four times. If you fail to press it a second (or third or fourth) time within half a second, Zant will whip his arm across the air, tossing the dart forward at a blazing speed. Each dart deals 3% and has no knockback, but will stick in the foe and smoke for a second after contact, radiating Twilight. Each dart will issue a small amount of Twilight, about equivalent to a Kirby, before vanishing. This attack is laggier than most jabs, but not easy to dodge.

Dash Attack ~~~ Twili Shenanigans

Zant's dash is just a slightly hastened stroll. His dash attack causes him to spontaneously vanish and reappear, crackling with electricity, exactly one platform ahead, still walking. Contact with him at the instant he reappears deals 8% and repulsing knockback. This can be chained together in quick succession to cross a stage more quickly or employed to dodge an approach by seemingly meeting it head-on.

If you tilt backward at the precise second you input this attack, Zant will instead teleport one platform back and continue walking. Since this attack has almost no discernible animation, it's an excellent mindgame. Just be aware that in the wind-down between usages, you're extremely vulnerable to higher-priority attacks.

Forward Tilt ~~~ Claw of Darkness

Zant raises a sleeved arm. With minute lag, a shrivelled claw of black Twilight issues forth, soaring forward at a low speed. Upon contact with a foe, it clamps on, holding the foe in a grab from which they must struggle out. This is an ideal set-up for any laggier option and a great way to stop an approach.

Disintegrating the foe while the claw is gripping them disintegrates it along with them into a small cloud of Twilight, about a Mario across in any direction. Advantageous.

Up Tilt ~~~ Ghost Head

A translucent copy of Zant's helmet, two Ganondorfs high, suddenly appears overlapping the real thing. It comes into creation with a whoosh sound effect and hovers for almost a second before fading away. During this time, it's a large disjointed hitbox that deals multiple small hits and holds the foe in place - if they all connect, you're looking at 14%. Easy to use and effective, but the start-up is distinctive and there is wind-down.

All Twilight within two platforms will trickle toward this monument for as long as it drifts there. This is your primary method of gathering wayward patches of Twilight into a chunk large enough to fight from.

Down Tilt ~~~ Engulf

Zant brings both arms down abruptly, and a thin, almost invisible web of spidery thunderbolts issues from the ground around him and meets at the tip of his head. This is quick to come out and results in three hits of 3% each but only flinch knockback. This web will also outprioritize all projectiles, nullifying them instantly - however, it can be beaten out by any powerful close-range attack.

Directly after this comes a period of wind-down lag in which the invisible lines thicken and form a solid cage of Twilight; these spread and join until Zant is completely covered, and then some. This takes almost one second, but will happen even if Zant is hit out of the attack or the wind-down.

Forward Smash ~~~ Rapidfire Volley

Zant charges by extending both arms and glowing red - this is a laggy Smash, but well worth it. When released without any charge, he launches forth a single red Twilight orb, travelling on a straight plane at a reduced speed compared to those from his Neutral Special. Upon contact, this one deals a more impressive 14% and has slight knockback. However, if the foe hits it with any decent-priority attack just before it hits them, they'll hit it back towards Zant at a slightly increased speed and dealing 2% more. Zant can hit it back in turn to add another 2% and increase the speed still more. So on and on it goes until one player dodges or is hit. This can be difficult for Zant, what with his limited close-range options, but by hitting the orb out of the air with a projectile, he can make it almost impossible for any character to counter quickly enough.

Charging increases the number of orbs shot up to a potential total of five. These are all spaced slightly apart and can all be hit back, although it'd take an attack with a very long hitbox to hit all five back at you effectively - say, Game and Watch's Forward Tilt. Each orb increased divides the damage evenly, so that with five they each deal 2-3% for a total of 14%, but likewise each increases by 2% independantly each time it is hit the other way, so this can add up very quickly.

Zant has several options for returning them all, not the least of which is Down Tilt or a fully prepared Jab from a safer distance.

Up Smash ~~~ Acrobatics Maelstrom

Zant leaps up when you release, a height of anywhere from one platform to two depending on the charge time. When he reaches the apex of his leap, he swings an arm wildly beneath him, tossing a single red orb directly down - this deals 11% and slight downwards knockback on contact, as well as creating a small patch of Twilight as it vanishes. This smash is generally fairly quick, but has a long duration.

If this attack is used when you're beneath a wormhole and you have another elsewhere on the screen, Zant disappears into it for half a second. During this time, that single red orb is tossed out of the other portal - then Zant comes back out of the first portal.

This makes for an additional use to your wormholes and also, if you place them carefully, a potential gimp KO as you drop an orb on them while they're recovering from a portal placed there for your own recovery purposes.

Down Smash ~~~ Fragment Barrier

Zant waves a hand vaguely in front of him, causing a very small piece of the stage - a bit bigger than a Pokeball - to detach itself from the stage right in front of him and float up to eye level suddenly. Contact with it along the way causes 8% and middling upwards knockback. This leaves a small hole in the stage that simply makes it difficult to run across it without falling in, and a small, tilted miniature barrier in the air. This floating chunk drops back down after ten seconds; until then, Zant and Zant alone can stand on it, balancing precariously.

This can be mainly used as a comfortable perch from where you can toss projectiles down from on high, as another way to make the stage difficult to traverse comfortably, or as a ricochet point for Neutral Special orbs. It's also a decent way to toss back a Forward Smash that's being reflected toward you.

Neutral Aerial ~~~ Gravity Swirl

Zant spreads his arms wide and stops all his aerial momentum instantly, for just under a second. This has some start-up lag but is generally a great way of preventing yourself from being KO'd and of placing yourself in an opportune position to recover with a portal. This also causes all loose items within a platform in any direction to surround Zant and spin wildly, creating an impenetrable barrier of varying firepower.

The best use of this is to move around floating bits of ground ripped off by your Down Smash; using them in conjunction with this results in a rare repulsory tactic for Zant, dealing 15% and comparatively heavy knockback on contact. This can also be used to make dissolved foes swirl around you and move them to rematerialize wherever you want them to.

Forward Aerial ~~~ Thrall of Night

Zant thrusts an arm forward and a line of black energy snakes its way forth, tracing a line the length of a platform in the air in front of him. This is somewhat laggy and deals no damage or knockback.

The darkness quickly spreads, highly gravity-effected; it drops toward the ground in a curtain. However, for one second before it solidifies, this sheet can be attacked directly; any attacks tear through it like butter. After that one second is up, whatever's formed hardens - or vaporizes, if you want - into Twilight. If you use this without a foe around to mess with it, this is a foolproof way to make a large zone of Twilight. I would especially recommend using it in conjunction with a pair of wormholes to really mess with the foe's ability to stop you. You'll cover the world in darkness in no time.

Back Aerial ~~~ Twinport

Zant pulls a sudden backhand, whirling in midair to buffet foes behind him. If he makes contact, the foe will apparently vanish behind him - then he'll vanish in a puff of smoke, and rematerialize about a platform backward. At the same moment, the foe rematerializes a platform forward. Effectively, you've switched positions. Neither of you are in freefall and you're facing one another.

From here, you can toss a Neutral Special or, to mix things up, attempt a Side Special Disintegrate - see also his Forward Air while in Twilight. This simplistic attack is very much vital for manuevering yourself and your foe between patches of Twilight, depending on where you want them and yourself to be.

Up Aerial ~~~ Twilit Thundercrack

Zant raises a single arm into the air. With noticable lag, a thin red thunderbolt crashes from the heavens and into his hand - its hitbox is very small, because he quickly clenches it, his hand glowing red. The thunderbolt deals several small hits of 2% and drags the foe down with it as it goes, toward Zant.

Using this attack a second time causes Zant to raises his arm again and release that pent-up red energy in the form of a giant sphere of Twilight. About a Bowser across in either direction, it's somewhat slow to come out; it does, however, cause highly lowered gravity for the first two seconds after its formation, so you can chain the two hits together against a slowfaller and then hit them with an Up Tilt or what-have-you.

Down Aerial ~~~ Juggler

Zant extends both palms to either side, facing upwards; three Twilight orbs form spontaneously and he begins juggling them. How very odd. You can tap A to increase their upwards trajectory or B to make him lower his arms and juggle them by his feet. You can also tilt the control stick to affect how far out to either direction he tosses them - unless they hit someone, they'll always come back to him as if influenced by magnetism. Contact with any one of them deals 6% and sends you into freefall, likely to be hit by the next. This attack is cancelled by pressing Z, whereupon Zant causes all three to burst into a cloud of Twilight. This attack continues if Zant lands on the ground.

This has the additional effect of drawing all other orb attacks toward Zant; he'll simply add them into the cycle. This is most useful to attract a deflected Forward Smash. Every additional orb you're juggling is added to the amount of Twilight generated at the end, so this is most helpful - just note that it's laggy on either end and has a long duration at the best of times.

Grab ~~~ Throttle

Zant reaches forward with an uncanny speed, gripping foes by the neck and heaving them off the ground. His pummel has him squeezing them by the neck; each squeeze causes them to briefly turn into a cloud of particles, then resolidify, still in Zant's grasp. This deals 3% and is a fun visual effect.

Forward Throw ~~~ Door to the Netherworld

Zant raises his other arm and a wormhole, just like those of his Up Special, forms directly behind the captured foe. He then simply shoves them into it. If you have no other wormholes anywhere on the stage, they'll be fired back out from it, resulting in ultimately backwards knockback and 8%. If you have one other wormhole, they'll drop out of it. If you have two other wormholes, you select which one they fall out of by tilting the control stick. These two variants deal no damage.

Back Throw ~~~ Encapsulate

A small, platform-length area of the stage behind Zant turns into a cloud of particles and rises slightly off of the surface of the ground. Zant chuckles vaguely, then turns around and slams the foe into the hole he's created - on thin stages, there will still be a very thin, almost invisible line of stage left to keep them from falling to their dooms. Next Zant lowers an arm and the particles of the stage reform in their place, sealing the foe away.

The foe can struggle out, to be sure - the stage will briefly moleculize again and they'll be able to jump out, if they tap enough - but in the meanwhile, you're free to spread Twilight or manipulate more of the stage. You can also use Side B on the stretch of stage where they're buried to turn not just the stage but also the trapped foe into a cloud of particles; if you have a wormhole, they'll both be transported at the same time and they'll still be trapped when the particles reform elsewhere. Two teleports for the price of one.

Up Throw ~~~ Zant-Head Branding

Zant points a glowing finger at the foe's head and a helmet identical to the one he wears materializes on their head, its shape and size depending entirely on the character; he then simply throws them away on a diagonal-upward angle, dealing 6%. The helmet has no apparent effect aside from making the character 1.2x heavier and less floaty for five seconds before it vanishes. This is ideal for throwing them into an area of Twilight and ripping into them more easily with a combo from your scimitar moveset.

Of course, the more significant effect is that all Twilight on the stage will slowly trickle toward the foe for as long as they're wearing the helm, rather like it does in Up Tilt for you. Best used to box them in and surround them, then lay in.

Down Throw ~~~ Malignancy

Zant clenches his fist around the foe's throat, dealing 13% - he then drops them with a red darkness effect, dealing decent downwards knockback. This simplistic throw is very, very significant. Use it while standing in front of a hole in the stage created by your Side Special and you're likely to pull off a gimp KO. Use it while standing on a tiny platform created by your Down Smash and you may do the same, if it's properly situated. A very relevant throw and one of few ways you can KO without entering a zone of Twilight.

Zant's secondary moveset, enabled when he is fully covered by Twilight.

Super Attack ~~~ The Twilight Realm

The stage sparkles and shimmers, then disappears in a flash of white. Suddenly, the foe and you find yourselves completely enshrouded in Twilight. For the following twenty seconds, not only is the stage completely covered, Shadow Beasts will roam the stage, a full three of them, on your team. These each have full movesets, linked here. Note, however, that they have stamina of 30% each, so the foe can beat them down easily. However, unless they take out all three in a space of three seconds, one of the surviving Shadow Beasts will let loose a mighty shriek and awake those that have fallen. After fifteen seconds are up, the Twilight recedes to how it was before the SA and the Shadow Beasts slink away into the darkness.

Playing Zant is not an easy thing. He's a complex character, layered and diverse, with some glaring weaknesses; shoring them up takes tactical thinking. You have to organize and regulate your Twilight and where it is, where the opponent is, chunks of stage that you rearrange - and you need a reason for it, other than just because it's fun - your Twilight orbs and how to reflect them and what to bounce them off of, your wormholes, which you should always have two of at once. That's just the main moveset, now - when you take into account combat in the thrall of Twilight, things become even more complicated, as you need to combo and KO without ever knocking the foe out. You need to control how it spreads.

In short, you're tasked with taking over a strange world and remaking it completely. Not an easy thing at the best of times, but let's start at the beginning.

Wormholes are the first thing you need. You need them for recovery, lest you get knocked out just when you're starting to get a foothold. More importantly, you need them so you can move around the stage more freely and thus have more breathing room to create Twilight. Never underestimate the potency of piling up chunks of the stage; suddenly the foe has no way to approach you but from above, and you have several options to protect from there.

When it comes to creating Twilight, the most useful attack in your arsenal is Forward Aerial. Get as high up into the air as you can and let that sheet come trickling down; here, again, it comes down to remaking the stage to better serve you. On a flat stage like FD, take off a few pieces and stack them one on top of the other (by keeping your wormholes where they are, of course), then jump off of it to your maximum height before dropping Twilight.

You can't just play a defensive game, of course, a game of evasion and flight; Zant also needs to pester the foe with projectiles. Neutral Special is the most important of the lot, a rather powerful projectile that will home in on them time and time again. For maximum impact you'll need to bounce it a few times, and here again it comes to how well you've manipulated the stage; between Side Special and Down Smash, it's quite possible to make a sort of hall of mirrors, bouncing the Orb multiple times before it hits them. Maybe it can even KO them.

Once you've got a significant amount of Twilight on the stage, you have to group it into a single larger mass. Here you need to use Up Tilt, or enter it yourself and use a Special. Slowly but surely you'll collect it into an area large enough to fight inside, and it'll only continue to spread. Once the bulk of the stage is covered, it's time to go on the hunt. Zant becomes a whole different creature, a madcap combo character who specializes at holding the foe in place with multiple hits. Since his scimitar attacks have typically good range, it's quite easy to pull the foe in if they're teetering just out of range. Once they've entered, they're going to have a difficult time pulling off any KOs of their own, although you should always be wary; your Twilight recovery is, on the whole, abysmal. You wouldn't want to be overthrown in your own domain.

In general, you have to think spacing. Constantly. If the pressure's getting to you, try any one of your Tilts, simple attacks that can hold the foe or simply repulse them while you have time to put up some stage obstacles or prepare a few good projectiles. Never forget that preventing your foe from effectively dashing at you is an excellent way to limit their approaches; take out little fragments of the stage just because you can. If all else is failing, Disintegrate the foe. If you have a pair of Wormholes, all the better, because it'll buy time. You have no prerogative while fighting outside of Twilight, except to unnerve the foe with your inexorable approach. So many of your attacks are similar in animation. Zant himself is almost immobile, but for the movements of his arms.

You're a tyrant out of his element. Only by spreading the grim dark can your plan bear fruit; you have intimidation on your side, and countless dark powers, but it's not enough. Bring them into your own land and show them what true fear is.

Against The Count ~~~ 37/63

The Count has an immediate and glaring boon in this battle of the villains: he's in effect two characters in one. As soon as Zant manages to pull one into Twilight with him, the other can simply rush in and knock him out, helping his friend. The main thing counterbalancing this is that Zant can keep them both well at bay early on and then go for a combo once he has some Twilight going; in addition, his abysmal recovery is almost a non-factor as a minus, since knockback is not something The Count is concerned about.

Simply tossing projectiles is no answer, however. A savvy Count will elevate himself and let his slime base sponge most of Zant's projectiles, which travel on a straight plane, while Zondark lays in and brings some pressure with him. All the "King of Darkness" can do is try to keep The Count too far to land a good grab, but this isn't especially easy, what with his low speed. And worst of all, once you finally bring them into Twilight? Their knockback is cut and they don't care a whit. You'll just be bringing yourself into close combat against someone who always wants to get very, very close.

Your best chance is to set up two wormholes and Disintegrate your foes sporadically, disabling The Count from using them both effectively and moving them around the stage while the other is trying to mount an offense... but this is a sketchy notion at best.

Against Mario Remix ~~~ 60/40

A basic, simple combo character? Easy pickings. Mario knows how to space, of course, but Zant can almost by necessity do it better. Simply move around the stage a bit, make it hard for him to approach, and let your Twilight take root. Jab at him once in a while with projectiles, but beware the Cape; don't make things easy for him. Mix it up and attack from a variety of angles, and remember that your priority is defense. It's only once you have a significant amount of Twilight that you should entice him to get close, and then it's just a matter of who can combo more effectively. Mario is a smaller target, and his knockback is cut in half, making it easier for him to chain together hits, but you still have the option of moving just outside of a patch of Twilight and tossing a few disjointed hitboxes his way.

Click here for politically correct organization :mad:

Dido

Smash Journeyman
Infernape

Infernape is a pokemon from the fourth genreation. He is the final evoution for the fire starter. He is the best starter for competitive play and for beating the game. He is very speedy and Good attack wise. He was in the the 3 games Pearl,Diamond, and platinum.

~Stats~

-Good-

Range: 6/10

Speed: 8/10

Attack:6/10

-Bad-

Jumps 5/10

Size 7/10

-Ugly-

Traction: 2/10

Roll Doging 4/10

Weight: 4/10

~Specials~

~Neutral Special: Focus Punch~:

Infernape Gets his left hand, and swigs it in circles. This is great for when there on the edge. You HAVE to charge it up for about 4 seconds at least and about 6 seconds for max. Its kinda like donkey kongs punch but faster, but weaker. You can also hold it like donkey kongs too.KO's at about 100% charged. Rating:3/5

~Side Special: Flame Wheel~

Infernape yelps and turns into a flame wheel. This is his best special and his best attack. Has Great Range, Speed, Damage. Bad thing has not good knock back until 200%. It also can go down, right, or left. Also an okay choice for Recover. Rating:5/5

~Up Special: Sky uppercut~

Great recovery move. Infernape makes a Upper cut up in the air. Has good damage priority, decent knock back, And as i said, Recovery of this move is awesome. But the bad part is that he can get edge guarded. K0 at 125% easily.Rating:3/5

~Down Special: Close Combat~

Infernape Kicks and punches rapidly. The best damage maker he has. They get stuck into it and if you get it right, you can 45% close by him. It has long ending lag so be careful with this move. Its not as good as charizards Side Special, but really good move. ko's at 120%. Rating:4/5

~Standards and Tilts~

~Standard: Punch, Punch, Kick.~

Sonic kinda standard. Punch>Punch> Kick. This is a "Get away from me move" And does 12 damage. 1st punch does 3%. 2nd does 4%. 3rd Does 5%. It is an Okay move to do. lol, kills at 300% Rating:2/5

~Dash Attack: Fury swipes~

Infernape Swings his arms does and does 5 fury swipes fast While is running it is a decent dash attack to do and use it wisley. Not much to say here. K0's at 180%. rating 2/5

~F-Tilt: Sideways kick.~

Amazing range here, sweet speed, and decent knockback. whats not more to love. Use this moves alot of times To get people away from you. Always great for when they have high damage and you can kill them easily. K0s at 160% Rating: 4/5

~Up-Tilt:Claw Strike.~

Has ending lag but very good move to do. Infernape strikes up and makes his claws go over hi head. On your tilt killing moves.This is good for juggling to about 35%. K0's at about 120%. Rating:3/5

~Down-Tilt: 2 strike down claw~.

Bowser's only faster, but weaker. Great for ranking up damage. Does 10% for 1st swipe, 11% for Second swipe. KO's about 140%. Rating:3/5

~Smashes~

Foward Smash:Super Punch.

Infernape does a staright super punch. The only use of this move is for knockout really. plus has teeny little ending lag so this is a decent move to do.K0s at About 95% Rating: 3/5

Up Smash: Three Way- up kick[/COLOR

Infernape does three kicks up. Based on range and speed. This A little bit better than the foward smash but this one is better to be in use. KO's at about 110% Rating:3/5

Down Smash: Break Dance Kick.

Pretty Much Diddy's. Based on power on this one. Infernape does A breackdance Kick. KOs at about 90%. Rating:4/5

~Aerials~

N Air: Ember

I Really like this idea. Infernape goes in a circle doing a flip in the air. Not his best aerial, but still its the 3rd best out of all of them. It does 10% KO's at about 110%, Rating 4/5

Forward Air: Spin Kick

Infernapes best aerial. He does a spin with his legs and does a Very quick Spin Kick

ILL GET MORE LATER!

Darkslash

Smash Master
ZANT: Oh....it's that crazy mother****er of a boss Zant.....

Well reading him, I don't have much to say, seeing how much I suck at commentaries. Add to the fact that I have a low attention span, I'm going to give you 3 words

I...like...this...set.
Hopes some one get's the reference. (WARY)

If I would go into detail, I would say it's a pretty new and interesting take on interchanging move sets.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of Twilight Princess by any means. I don't consider it a bad game, but I certainly consider it... overrated, it taking a step back from all of the steps forward made by Wind Waker... But you know what? Zant is my Gecko Moria. That is, I have negative bias, but I love it. A lot. Even if you played me to make sure I was unaware of this. (WARY)

The biggest way Zant pleases me is how much you've improved on your flaws- namely balance and your bland "Super Attacks". Balance, Zant is exceptional on. You've veered to underpowered (Miracle Matter or Kangaskhan) to broken (All of the Eevee-lutions, King Hippo) at times, but Zant finds a happy medium. He's got a good bit of range and power, but he doesn't have attack speed, and... yeah. Come to think of it, he's perhaps a little underpowered, but subtly so if at all. Balance = :mad: in any case, but you've done a good job here. Even if he's countered by "ZOMG pressure".

And that "Super Attack"... yeah, it's scandulous that it isn't completely random and bland. If I can't count on Rool's Final Smashes to be horrible, what can I count on?... well, yeah, it's not the best Final Smash ever, but it certainly does the job while advertising another moveset at the same time. I mean, it's somewhat below par, but... yeah, it's a step up.

And on the nitty-gritty stuff that Rool excels at. Zant's very, very original. He remains perfectly in-character as he does so. Granted, he's very conduicive to originality, but what the hell, he's original and I'll take it. And he isn't a trap character or anything... Well, actually, he veers towards traps a bit, but his playstyle is much deeper than that...

Ah yes, the playstyle. One of my favorites. He's shaping the stage to his bidding, forcing opponents to his will, and I love it. Perfectly in character, perfectly unique, and the way he brings it all together for a KO is something I really like for some reason. It's subtle, yet noticable and not negligible, it's, for the lack of a better phrase, dead on.

So yeah. I'm not quite ready to say that Zant is your front runner or anything, but he's an excellent piece of work. I really do love what you've done with him, and it almost- almost, but not quite- makes me want to play Twilight Princess again.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
ZANT: Oh....it's that crazy mother****er of a boss Zant.....

Well reading him, I don't have much to say, seeing how much I suck at commentaries. Add to the fact that I have a low attention span, I'm going to give you 3 words

I...like...this...set.
Hopes some one get's the reference. (WARY)

If I would go into detail, I would say it's a pretty new and interesting take on interchanging move sets.
Well, thanks, Slash. Knowing how rare it is that you comment, I feel honored you did it for me. :cool:

I'm not a fan of Twilight Princess by any means. I don't consider it a bad game, but I certainly consider it... overrated, it taking a step back from all of the steps forward made by Wind Waker... But you know what? Zant is my Gecko Moria. That is, I have negative bias, but I love it. A lot. Even if you played me to make sure I was unaware of this. (WARY)
;)

The biggest way Zant pleases me is how much you've improved on your flaws- namely balance and your bland "Super Attacks". Balance, Zant is exceptional on. You've veered to underpowered (Miracle Matter or Kangaskhan) to broken (All of the Eevee-lutions, King Hippo) at times, but Zant finds a happy medium. He's got a good bit of range and power, but he doesn't have attack speed, and... yeah. Come to think of it, he's perhaps a little underpowered, but subtly so if at all. Balance = :mad: in any case, but you've done a good job here. Even if he's countered by "ZOMG pressure".
Great to hear it, although it's more coincidental than anything; I didn't spend much time pondering it. Maybe he's just one of those characters who are easier to balance? :bee:

And that "Super Attack"... yeah, it's scandulous that it isn't completely random and bland. If I can't count on Rool's Final Smashes to be horrible, what can I count on?... well, yeah, it's not the best Final Smash ever, but it certainly does the job while advertising another moveset at the same time. I mean, it's somewhat below par, but... yeah, it's a step up.
Ah, I remember a time when I criticized Bundt's SA for being generic. Now you're their greatest proponent. Yeah, this isn't something I really worry about much, but it's good to see you're somewhat satisfied.

And on the nitty-gritty stuff that Rool excels at. Zant's very, very original. He remains perfectly in-character as he does so. Granted, he's very conduicive to originality, but what the hell, he's original and I'll take it. And he isn't a trap character or anything... Well, actually, he veers towards traps a bit, but his playstyle is much deeper than that...

Ah yes, the playstyle. One of my favorites. He's shaping the stage to his bidding, forcing opponents to his will, and I love it. Perfectly in character, perfectly unique, and the way he brings it all together for a KO is something I really like for some reason. It's subtle, yet noticable and not negligible, it's, for the lack of a better phrase, dead on.

So yeah. I'm not quite ready to say that Zant is your front runner or anything, but he's an excellent piece of work. I really do love what you've done with him, and it almost- almost, but not quite- makes me want to play Twilight Princess again.
I'm very glad to hear it. Thanks a lot, Wiz - giving me a much-needed comment has definitely won you some brownie points, as if you didn't have enough already. :bee:

Katapultar

Smash Lord
YAY, more posts!

[size=+2]Zant[/size]
Zant is an interesting set, to say the least, though the attack names being similar to the description is a bit annoying, but his playstyle is quite true to character. I wonder if you could have Zant's alternate set in one post like sets are presented in The Canvas, it would be a lot more conventinal. I think that 1/3 power cut is a bit broken, seeing as Zant could just dominate everybody in Twilight (That's the point I guess so it's ok). Zant is quite interesting, as said before due to not having any real kill moves in Brawl but in Twilight he becomes a madman. Also...

You can create up to of these at a time
Needs "two", but don't worry, it's just a random nitpick.

I'd have to say Zant's an interesting character and except for the color, everything is well implemented.

Zant's fun teleportation gimmicks makes me further want to remake both Heatran and Suzu in MYM7 (I was thinking of perhaps doing so anyway). Remaking Suzu would be heaps of fun based on how many characters she could counter just for the lulz.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Cloud King of Darkness: inb4 obvious comparison is made.
You have too many random mechanics...
...is what I want to say. But I can't. They all work flawlessly into one another, they all represent elements of Zant's fractured personality. Just as expected from you, you effortlessly draw out this character's.. character and he loses very little in the transistion.
I'd have to say with honesty that if this moveset were actually in brawl, it'd look a trifle silly (movesets like Zant and Leafeon would make FFA+items way too chaotic to be playable) but then again, it's Zant. What is he if not absolutely crazy?

Now is the time for the random complaints;
  • It was a little tricky to get into the flow of reading Zant, thanks to the squinty purple font, but I can't exactly complain about that without sounding like a hypocrite (oh.. wait, I just did 6_6)
  • Down-special is utterly pointless in the face of the other methods Zant has for pulling up twilight. In fact, the move just seems to be filling out the ranks of "specials that introduce overlying mechanics to the reader"
  • You downplay the disadvantages of having too much twilight. Surely it would be better to have only some twilight, so you can switch between the two wildly contrasting movesets at a moment's notice. You barely even aknowledge that Zant can do that. You constantly encouraged any and all effort to cover abolutely everything in twilight without any fore-thought whatsoever. Bah, bah and triple bah!
  • Where's a Zant Vs Zant matchup? Seriously, if you've got someone with unique stage control mechanics, you have to include a mirror match matchup to explain how Zant would go about beating himself, without feeding him twilight areas to fight in or providing platforms and recovery options for him.
  • Finally, and I'm only mentioning it now because you don't look set to change it anytime soon. I loathe these statistics sections with ||| either side of the number . It just feels like a scrunched up mess and it doesn't draw my eye at all.

edit: Well done on the wonderfully random organisation of the twilight Zant moveset. Hell, I'm tempted to say I like it more than the main set.. just to be spiteful.
double edit: oh snap! Just how many movesets do you reference in there!?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Zant

Quite possibly the greatest moveset ever. This even tops Cloud of Darkness, in my opinion, and that's saying something, coming from me. I love basically everything about him, including his multileveled playstyled. It's like a cake with different flavors underneath, you cut into and get more the deeper you cut. The Up Special is basically Shadow Beast's USpec but done much better, as well as the NSpec. The crazy alt moveset is fantastic. I personally love his FSpec + USpec the most. Really, this set tops everything you've ever done. (can I super vote both the normal and alt moveset please? :D)

And I love you so much for including my Shadow Beast set. Really, I do. <3

GREAT TIGER

So... Khold comes out with a second set. Whee. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm a massive fan of this set. Kholdstare was a promising return to your MYM career, but Great Tiger is a step down from him. You sort of implied in the chat that you rushed this so MW would stop bothering you about it, and it's really quite evident here. Please, try not to make rush jobs; this moveset had a lot of potential that you seemed to be harnessing in the beginning that dramatically dropped off at the end.

The beginning of the set is the quality part. The specials are fairly interesting, and (theoretically) are quite relevant to the playstyle... though the exception is with the Up Special. Third jumps don't allow for a lot of leeway, but there's no excuse for a generic teleport. Squadalah carpet now please. Anyway, the specials still feel a little underdetailed and somewhat lazy (Into Red Smoke is a clone of Jafar's Neutral Special, even retaining the name), but this adds to readability and all... eh. This isn't a big problem here...

...It's a big problem later in the set. The tilts and smashes retain the originality and relevance to playstyle of the specials, the Up Smash being pretty interesting and one of my favorite moves... though sloppiness is still present. The Forward Smash feels very Sakurai-ish, and the Down Smash is a ripoff of both The Joker and Illidan's Down Smashes, and some other moveset I can't remember right now. This is really a problem in the aerials and throws.

Yeah, the aerials and throws are without a doubt the weakest part of the set. The prime example of this is the Up Aerial, which is a ripoff of Kangaskhan's. Ripping off a Roolian Up Aerial? ARE YOU MAD? Yeah, and the rest of the aerials are generic punches and lunges or whatever. Lamesauce. Onto the grabs, the part with the clone grab was promising but the throws don't do squat to differentiate themselves from Sakuraian ones. The Final Smash is a letdown as well. It would still be generic as any other moves. It's almost, but not quite, as bland as Roolian Final Smashes. Really?

And the playstyle. This is one of the most important parts of the set, and it's two paragraphs. His playstyle is pretty deep from what I can tell too, so... And the matchups too, you did a completely unnecessary MK **** and an obvious advertisement.

And now that we're beyond that, Great Tiger is broken. You claim him to be slow, but he really isn't so slow (on the other hand, you don't mention lag as often as you should, so I can't tell), and he has vast mindgame potential with his blink and ripped off down special. The moves that don't do obscene damage or knockback have some special property, and sometimes you have both. Winning with Great Tiger is as simple as spamming Blink a few times and throwing out some obscene attacks for a quick KO.

I originally didn't intend for this review to be as negative as it is. Great Tiger has some things going for him, like his awesomesauce organization. He's just obviously very, very rushed. Had you put some more thought into the moves, this could have been a strong contender, and you did that early in the moveset. Khold, you certainly have talent, but Great Tiger just isn't showing all that much of it.

EDIT: Looking back, I was far, far too harsh in this review. I still think Great Tiger seems rushed, but it's certainly a quite interesting excercise. I prefer Kholdstare though.
Thanks for the review. I know I rushed this, but I did what I could. I wanted to make a mindgame character with power, but it really didn't turn out what I hoped. I kinda lost some of my steam when I got to the aerials. I fail to mention lag so much because I just don't really care about it, it's annoying to mention, and I forget. Throws are the hardest attacks for me to make, unless the character is focused on grabs. Seriously, I HATE making throws. As for "ripping off moves" I don't remember every sets' attacks from MYM4 and beyond, and they aren't exactly copyrighted by that character. I ripped off three moves out of seven hundred or so characters- so what?

Finally we've got Great Tiger, who I had the privilege of previewing. The set still feels a little rushed, and I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't take my suggestions about the air game, but it's still a decent set, if not quite at the level of Kholdstare.

The shining gem mechanic was one I was wary about when you first mentioned it, but you pulled a lot of mileage out of it, and made it a solid part of the set. The duplicate too has this, but to a lesser degree than the jewel. Again though, tricks such as the combination of the jab and Forward Tilt were pretty sweetly done.

There are still some problems here, like uninspired throws and aerials, the latter of which are very strong for a character you wanted to have a weak air game, like I mentioned in the chat, and its disappointing that you removed the jewel glow for his air game. The smashes too were a little less inspired, although I talked you out of your more creative Forward Smash because of its problems, so I won't quite get upset at you for that.

It's nice to see you making sets though, so I'm glad to see this up here. Your organization and minimalistic writing style could still use some work, but considering the time spent here as opposed to Kholdstare, you definitely pulled a lot more bang out of your buck.

Oh, and I loved the coloration you did with the star thingies to match the jewel. Nice touch.​
Thanks for the positive comment, DM. I was still unsure as to how to label his air game as per your comment, so that really didn't work out. I was really weak on it, I admit, although it's a freaking boxer- what is he doing in the air in the first place? Thanks for catching the jewel in the headers, too, I personally liked putting that in there myself.

Great tiger:

Im gonna talk about 1 thing here that irked me throughout the set: BALANCE

he does wayyy too much damage/kb for the lag (or lack of lag in some descriptions) of the moves he does

hell, he even has 2 ways of negating lag altogether

I have no idea why you'd ever have a 20/80 mk match, it should be the other way around...all Tiger needs to win is to N B or Dtilt-> attack then profit. Then, he has other parts of a moveset to stack...

I find it detracts from a set when it is clearly over or underpowered....
Thanks for commenting. With such an odd character as Great Tiger, I figured he'd either be broken or fail tier, because if the opponent can memorize his patterns he's *****. That's why I made him powerful. As for MK, I just decided to make him be ***** because that's what I thought would appease the masses (And would be more accurate, taking into account MK's massive attack speed compared to GT's ****ty lag).

Great Tiger

One of the most waited-for Punch Out sets yet, up there with Popinski and Disco Kid
(right?)
, has finally been posted. The set has several very interesting aspects to it, but a few questionable ones as well. Blink is certainly a fun mindgames special, as is Duplicate (seriously, this had to be in there). But...the fact that you rushed the set to stop MW badgering you is evident in that you not only cloned Jafar's special (albeit melding it into a recovery), but had Up Special be near completely situational and useless. Such placeholders for such important move inputs are definitely not my thing.

*resists urge to comment TWSS on 'in front' duplicate headers*

The other attacks seem fairly fitting (Crouching Tiger and Indian Rope Trick standing out particularly), although...the whole power theme seems so out-of-place on the skinny-arse Indian boxer. Sure he has magic, but shouldn't it play more into his mindgames playstyle? He seems rather overpowered as a whole, while his playstyle seems rather one-dimensional. I mean, set up a duplicate, mindgame with your turban and smoke, and KO? I can't say I'm a fan of Great Tiger over Khold's interesting icy styles (which I'm quite partial to, if Bleak wasn't indication enough; there needs to be more ice-types). He's a nice set and all, but I don't think he has what it takes to stand among the more playstyle-centered Punch Out sets.

He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts. Yep, I caught that bit in there...
>(albeit melding it into a recovery)

Wait, what?

Thanks for commenting, Kupa. I wanted a generic teleport for a recovery because.... well, he does teleport a lot in his fight. His power is so high because he hits ****ing hard in Punch-Out!! as well. And why not have simple playstyles? Less learning curve is better for beginners- indeed, this was meant as a simple character for beginners to play as. I am partial to ice types, that's why I made Kholdstare as well.
Also, I specifically put that It reference in there for you. ;)

Great Tiger

Ah, so this is the Punchout boxer who actually has a lot of potential due to his magic syndrome. His ground game made great use of it, with his jewel mini-mechanic, his duplicates, and while his down-special was immediatley seen as jafar's, it was used very differently. I also loved how the "jewel" in the headers matched it for the attacks. His air-game was kinda meh however, though I felt his climbing Uair was pretty cool. I also like the special grab on his duplicates.

Playstyle-wise, he was one of the better implementations of mind-game focused playstyles, though that may be partially because there aren't many of them to begin with. His aerials badly needed some actual purpose with it besides just being there. While I do agree that he probably should have been more even in the speed/power ratio, there is one I thing I would like to point out, and this is targeted at everyone and not just Khold...

mindgame-based playstyles are extremley difficult to balace. In theory, a character with below average stats but with tons of "unpredicatbility" should be perfectly fine, right? Well, the thing is, even if the character is perfectly designed with 100 different mindgames, a human player will inevitably fall into some sort of patter of preffered moves and ignoring others. Kefka in Final Dissidia is supposedly mind-game focused to make up for otherwise sub-par stats, and he's pretty much garbage tier!

Now, granted, I DO think Great Tiger needed more detail. Stuff like his FSmash should have had a mention of how laggy it was so people don't immeidaltey assume he is laglessly doing 47%, which actually has already happened. While I suppose you intended for his stats at the beginning to be "unless otherwise stated" sort of deal, it's better to mention it specifically in each move. But I don't really think we can necessarily fault Khold for all of the balance problems when he was already faced with making a playstyle that is so difficult to make work in the first place.

So overall, I like this set. It may not be the greatest set ever, but if was fun. It had some really nice concepts that I'd love to see developed a bit more. Honestly, this set would be perfectly good with just a better air game and some more detail. So thanks Khold for providing me with another matchup for Macho Man this enjoyable moveset.
Yay, thanks H_R for the positive comment! I totally agree with you on the mindgame character thing- that's why mindgame characters are so ambiguous. As for lag, I mentioned it in my comment before, but I just hate mentioning it (especially when I provided a GIF of the exact lag and when Smashes have differing lag anyway since you actually charge them). I'm glad I'm approved by a leader. :bee:

Why is my set, that I aburptly got this page for, getting ignored? (Im proud to say that I now know that each page can have up to 15 posts, which helped me) I guess everyone was expecting Great Tiger, but please at least say SOMETHING about my set, like if you read it, cause I don't know if you did read it. It made me a bit sad to see "Great Tiger" everywhere on this page and only 2 comments on my set. Did everyone skip my set just because of farting and it was posted after GMP?
Kat, I apologize. I was planning on posting it on Thursday, it was just bad timing that you posted your set beforehand (especially since it was based on farting after GMP and it's from an anime that most people do not like). K.Rool and I commented (as well as the Nintendo peeps, whoever those guys are), however, so could you at least reply to those? Yeah, I actually saved your page from the coming spam flood. Sorry, dude. . .

[size=+2]Great Tiger[/size]
The post of this set was good timing. I was getting scared by those last 2 comments before this sets post.
The fact that GT uses magic was really weird for Punch-Out, and I thought it was OOC, but I guess it's the creators of the game's fault. Anyway, I think he kind of has Magic Syndrome. He's a boxer, but has all this random magic stuff. 2 SBB is too far for a man to stretch his arm, I tell you. That's like 2 Bowsers. The F-throw does more damage than the B-throw as well which contradicts the B-throw. Mostly I would say that some of Great Tiger's moves (Aerial and the Grab) don't really fit into GT's game. He also does seem to be too powerful, though I guess it's ok. It looked like you tried to grasp GT's game in Punch Out, and I congratulate you on that. I guess like others he could have had a little more work, it's easy to fall into the trap of rushing the last few moves of a set. I liked Khold better.

This set needs a random Final Smash like Kholdstare. Also the Final Smash needs a bit more detail unless I presume it lasts for 15 seconds.
Well, thanks for commenting even though I stole your reception. Great Tiger is unique (and broken) in Punch Out because he can use ****ing MAGIC. Yeah, magic in boxing. SALAZAAAAAAH! is his Final Smash because it's epic in Punch Out Wii.

GREAT TIGER
This moveset is without a doubt getting too much bashing. I’m very much a fan of the duplicate mechanic and love how it’s implemented into his ground game, just wishing it were put into more of the aerials and throws to spice them up. That and, y’know, detail. I’m the detail nazi, remember? I’ve eased up a LOT recently, but. . .This is ridiculous. The playstyle section could also use a buff, considering how great this guy’s playstyle really is. It should be showcased, not discarded.

And it’s not even so much the imbalance of the set that I care about as it is that I don’t think he should be a power character, much less the most powerful of all the boxers. All the other boxers can’t really be anything but power characters, why should we force the few that don’t have to be power characters to turn into them also? You might’ve been able to get away with it if his power moves were magic based, but you’re just using his scrawny (In comparison to the other boxers, at least) body.

Organization is just as stellar as Khold if not better, what with the little gems colored like the ones in his attacks and such. Musical headers and animated gifs are also great pluses, and he can be read through in a 5 minute sitting if it’s uninterrupted. While the set could without a doubt be very much improved, it’s already plenty good as is, and it’d be a very simple matter of changing a few numerical values and throwing in lag to the descriptions, so that's rather a moot point. Seeing you're uncaring for detail and balance and yet great at organization, it seems you're following in a certain MYMer's footsteps. . .
Thanks Warlord for the positive comment! I really like doing organization and music, which I hope to keep improving on. Making it look good is half the moveset, IMO. Detail, lag, and balance are all problems I have, but I hope to improve on as well. I'm going to be triple checking for dang lag for my next set and comparing power to another Brawler's for balance. as for him being a power character, l don't think he should be as powerful as he is, looking back. Playstyle is still a heavy problem for me as well- it seems I still have my foot in MYM4. Your last sentence makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

There's something about Great Tiger's organization. It's incredibly simple, almost to a fault, but does wonders for readability. Easy to read through, a focus on the moveset itself... I like it.

All in all, I really like his style - the entire Blink mechanism is great, and I love how you added subtle twists with attacks like Crouching Tiger (one of my favorite attacks in the set). My only big complaint is his power - Megaton Punch deals 27% uncharged? Like HR said, lag was never mentioned, so it might check out. A few other attacks suffer from an inflated ego, namely Tiger Hook and Feral Strike, but nothing too horribly broken. Other than that, get a new Up Special. I believe Wizzerd put it perfectly. ;)
Thanks Apemasta' (seriously, I love your username because of the apostrophe XD) for the positive comment! I'll admit it- Crouching Tiger is my favorite move out of the whole set as well. I just like it. Lag, again, is a problem.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Zant

Well, Rool has pulled out the crazy stops and kicked it up a notch with ridiculous ideas and plans. I feel in some ways a lot like Junahu, Zant has a lot of mechanics going for him. You could completely cut the Twilight mechanic from his set and he'd still be a very deep character to play around with. But you make it work, and make everything fit together in some sense of consistency. His playstyle and his mechanics all fit together right in the end.

I'm still not entirely certain how I feel on the whole stage rebuilding mechanic, mostly because you're somewhat silent on how parts of it work. I'm not entirely sure if I can move pieces of the stage around with the Side Special without the Up Special too, and I've never liked recoveries that you have to prepare in order to use, even though you're their biggest fan. I'd complain about it, but all of the brilliant mechanics you pull out of those portals makes me silent. Seriously, you pull a lot of mileage out of it.

Overall, I really like the feel that Zant gives of total stage control, which makes me wince as I realize that that's what another set is going to be like. Zant has a lot of interesting combinations and interactions, and with all the stage effects and stuff I would imagine that his success in a match depends more on the stage he's on than the opponent he's fighting. Which also makes me wish that there were stage "match-ups" for this guy.

Overall though, this is probably my favorite set of yours yet, up there past Espeon in my opinion. The only thing I really wish you had done better with Zant was that, even though he comes together well for what he has, that he still feels a little disjointed in some ways. I'm chalking this up to your choice to link the Twilight moveset at the end and not conjoin the two better. Even though I doubt it is, it feels less like a necessary part of the playstyle, and more like an extra boon.

I read it and I liked it.

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
ZANT!? NOOOO.....The Invaders will neva get a chance to shine

..........Zant.
Zanta Claus
I read Zant and I liked it. That's all I really want to say, but I'll be a tad more detailed anyway. Well, Zant's an okay set, but it was tiring to read. The purple font was bleh, and it hurt my eyes. But open watching the battle(I'm too lasy to finish TP, or at lest get that far) I have to say you did a great job. The moves were fitting and honestly felt like something I would write, but only slightly. But that gave me hope. The Twilight mechanic was amazing, and it had a cool effect on Zant himself. Another thing I loved was the up tilt and down smash. Epic moves are epic. For some reason, the set reminded me a LOT of Kafei, although this set is 9001 times better. Here ends a review from a dude. 9/10 boi. It's a bit of a headache to read, that's my only problem with it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Comment on Zant:

Glad to hear it, Baloo... and it's a sort of honorable move, commenting on the ignored moveset. I'm still a bit sullen about the whole thing, but I'll be sure to comment on it and Vegeta (no comment, though, Joe? :() sooner or later.
hey, The Vegeta jokeset was all in praise of Zant's power level!

Anywho, onto actual serious business:

Zant

First things first, my little nit-picks:

-(for me at least) a tad hard to read, dark purple on a grey background was funky for my eyes at least...

-The stats dont really explain exactly his...stats. For example, you could have said he is about as heavy as Samus, instead of just a "7".

-Neutral B doesnt exactly say how you control it, just up and down? Can you slow it down? Can it richochet off the ground at a low angle (like ROB) and do the x2 damage easily?

-When reforming the stage, does it reset if Zant is KO'ed? Is it ever reset?

-Ftilt randomly ends with "Advantageous" :p

-Relfector > Forward smash (just saying, unless those don't work against them?)

-What happens if you Dthrow->Side B?

aside from that, Zant is a great character, Rool, mad props for making all those playstles mesh into one over-arching style :bee:

Interestingly, there are some similar concepts and even 1 attack shared with what me and DM are planning for Mewtwo...we should get together and make a detailed MU once he is ready for release. I can see it being an epic fight to go over XD

Baloo

Smash Ace
*slaps MYM*

I refuse to comment on Zant or anything else. I will comment only on Infernape. It's the only one that NEEDS commenting. But I did love Zant.

Well first of all Dido, he seems a bit overpowered. Good speed AND attack, and good range is pretty good, and average jumps are not bad either. Traction being a weak point is a little silly. Could I suggest making him a little lighter, and maybe a little less powerful?

Next, organization. Everything being big and bolded is not very nice looking. here's an alternate idea for the organization.

~Specials~​

~Neutral Special: Focus Punch~

Infernape Gets his left hand, and swigs it in circles. This is great for when there on the edge. You HAVE to charge it up for about 4 seconds at least and about 6 seconds for max. Its kinda like donkey kongs punch but faster, but weaker. You can also hold it like donkey kongs too.KO's at about 100% charged.

Rating: 3/5

Different colors are a big important thing. Also centering the headers is a good idea, and colons after the name of the attack is not necessary. The rating should be underneath, if at all. Ratings are not usually used, but descriptions of when the attack is useful is common.

You should also add more detail. For example, the amount of damage it does, the range, the lag, a better description of knockback (KO potential) and secondary effects it has. For recovery you should say if it makes him helpless.

Also, you should make a full moveset, not a half finished one. That's just a little nitpick though.

So yeah, those are some things that would make your set a lot better. Proper grammar and spelling is always helpful too. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
YAY, more posts!

[size=+2]Zant[/size]
Zant is an interesting set, to say the least, though the attack names being similar to the description is a bit annoying, but his playstyle is quite true to character. I wonder if you could have Zant's alternate set in one post like sets are presented in The Canvas, it would be a lot more conventinal.
Convention? Bah! Seriously, though, the idea was to present the secondary set as just that - secondary. Not necessary for the read, since all you really need to know about it is that it's powerful and has lots of combo starters. Also, there'd be huge disjoint, visually, ruining the whole thematic organization.

I think that 1/3 power cut is a bit broken, seeing as Zant could just dominate everybody in Twilight (That's the point I guess so it's ok). Zant is quite interesting, as said before due to not having any real kill moves in Brawl but in Twilight he becomes a madman. Also...
Huh, Warlord would disagree with that, but whatever. Glad to hear your input.

Needs "two", but don't worry, it's just a random nitpick.

I'd have to say Zant's an interesting character and except for the color, everything is well implemented.

Zant's fun teleportation gimmicks makes me further want to remake both Heatran and Suzu in MYM7 (I was thinking of perhaps doing so anyway). Remaking Suzu would be heaps of fun based on how many characters she could counter just for the lulz.
Thanks for the comment, Katapultar. :bee:

Cloud King of Darkness: inb4 obvious comparison is made.
You have too many random mechanics...
...is what I want to say. But I can't. They all work flawlessly into one another, they all represent elements of Zant's fractured personality. Just as expected from you, you effortlessly draw out this character's.. character and he loses very little in the transistion.
I'd have to say with honesty that if this moveset were actually in brawl, it'd look a trifle silly (movesets like Zant and Leafeon would make FFA+items way too chaotic to be playable) but then again, it's Zant. What is he if not absolutely crazy?
Indeed! Glad you enjoyed (or at least accepted) it, Junahu.

Now is the time for the random complaints;
  • It was a little tricky to get into the flow of reading Zant, thanks to the squinty purple font, but I can't exactly complain about that without sounding like a hypocrite (oh.. wait, I just did 6_6)
Ah yes, the purple font. I'm sure others would gladly crucify me for that, but hey, I can't make a moveset without SOMETHING controversial about it, can I? (H)

• Down-special is utterly pointless in the face of the other methods Zant has for pulling up twilight. In fact, the move just seems to be filling out the ranks of "specials that introduce overlying mechanics to the reader"
I like having specials that introduce overlying mechanics to the reader, but I completely agree with your point. I'll keep it in mind for my next set; to be honest, I wasn't originally intending him to have this many methods of creating Twilight. It sort of happened organically.

• You downplay the disadvantages of having too much twilight. Surely it would be better to have only some twilight, so you can switch between the two wildly contrasting movesets at a moment's notice. You barely even aknowledge that Zant can do that. You constantly encouraged any and all effort to cover abolutely everything in twilight without any fore-thought whatsoever. Bah, bah and triple bah!
Well, he IS pretty complex as a character even with simply trying to spread Twilight... but hey, that's what a metagame is for. Deep metagames are good, no?

• Where's a Zant Vs Zant matchup? Seriously, if you've got someone with unique stage control mechanics, you have to include a mirror match matchup to explain how Zant would go about beating himself, without feeding him twilight areas to fight in or providing platforms and recovery options for him.
I'll be adding more match-ups soon, and you're right, might be a good idea to throw this one in. Could be interesting, albeit confusing.

• Finally, and I'm only mentioning it now because you don't look set to change it anytime soon. I loathe these statistics sections with ||| either side of the number . It just feels like a scrunched up mess and it doesn't draw my eye at all.
Well, to be fair, this is the first time I've used them. Won't be repeating it, although I still kind of like the effect.

edit: Well done on the wonderfully random organisation of the twilight Zant moveset. Hell, I'm tempted to say I like it more than the main set.. just to be spiteful.
double edit: oh snap! Just how many movesets do you reference in there!?
Thank you.

A lot. ;)

And thanks for the commentary! :cool:

Zant

Quite possibly the greatest moveset ever. This even tops Cloud of Darkness, in my opinion, and that's saying something, coming from me. I love basically everything about him, including his multileveled playstyled. It's like a cake with different flavors underneath, you cut into and get more the deeper you cut. The Up Special is basically Shadow Beast's USpec but done much better, as well as the NSpec. The crazy alt moveset is fantastic. I personally love his FSpec + USpec the most. Really, this set tops everything you've ever done. (can I super vote both the normal and alt moveset please? :D)

And I love you so much for including my Shadow Beast set. Really, I do. <3
Thanks very much, droogy. It means a lot to me. :bee:

Zant

Well, Rool has pulled out the crazy stops and kicked it up a notch with ridiculous ideas and plans. I feel in some ways a lot like Junahu, Zant has a lot of mechanics going for him. You could completely cut the Twilight mechanic from his set and he'd still be a very deep character to play around with. But you make it work, and make everything fit together in some sense of consistency. His playstyle and his mechanics all fit together right in the end.
Yeah, there was a lot I wanted to fit in there, and I left out whole ideas I originally intended for him to have - the Twilight Sword, for instance. I guess it worked out in the end, right?

I'm still not entirely certain how I feel on the whole stage rebuilding mechanic, mostly because you're somewhat silent on how parts of it work. I'm not entirely sure if I can move pieces of the stage around with the Side Special without the Up Special too, and I've never liked recoveries that you have to prepare in order to use, even though you're their biggest fan. I'd complain about it, but all of the brilliant mechanics you pull out of those portals makes me silent. Seriously, you pull a lot of mileage out of it.
Yeah, I do enjoy recoveries that really tie into the mechanic/overriding motif, maybe a bit too much, but again, whatever works. ;)

Overall, I really like the feel that Zant gives of total stage control, which makes me wince as I realize that that's what another set is going to be like. Zant has a lot of interesting combinations and interactions, and with all the stage effects and stuff I would imagine that his success in a match depends more on the stage he's on than the opponent he's fighting. Which also makes me wish that there were stage "match-ups" for this guy.

Overall though, this is probably my favorite set of yours yet, up there past Espeon in my opinion. The only thing I really wish you had done better with Zant was that, even though he comes together well for what he has, that he still feels a little disjointed in some ways. I'm chalking this up to your choice to link the Twilight moveset at the end and not conjoin the two better. Even though I doubt it is, it feels less like a necessary part of the playstyle, and more like an extra boon.

I read it and I liked it.
Woohoo! Thanks for the comment, meanie! :bee:

..........Zant.
Zanta Claus
I read Zant and I liked it. That's all I really want to say, but I'll be a tad more detailed anyway. Well, Zant's an okay set, but it was tiring to read. The purple font was bleh, and it hurt my eyes. But open watching the battle(I'm too lasy to finish TP, or at lest get that far) I have to say you did a great job. The moves were fitting and honestly felt like something I would write, but only slightly. But that gave me hope. The Twilight mechanic was amazing, and it had a cool effect on Zant himself. Another thing I loved was the up tilt and down smash. Epic moves are epic. For some reason, the set reminded me a LOT of Kafei, although this set is 9001 times better. Here ends a review from a dude. 9/10 boi. It's a bit of a headache to read, that's my only problem with it.
Thanks, KK, and I'm sorry you have to hold off with the Invaders.

I refuse to comment on Zant or anything else. I will comment only on Infernape. It's the only one that NEEDS commenting. But I did love Zant.
Glad to hear it, Baloo... and it's a sort of honorable move, commenting on the ignored moveset. I'm still a bit sullen about the whole thing, but I'll be sure to comment on it and Vegeta (no comment, though, Joe? :() sooner or later.

Basically, I appreciate all the positive comments and have taken note of all criticism.

EDIT: For those who can't see the font, and yes, it is even harder to read than the default:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I was preparing Onion Knight and accidentally hit reply. I do this a lot.

To actually comment on something, I like that font for Zant much better, Rool.

JOE!

Smash Hero
(oh god, here it comes)

WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT ZANT'S POWER LEVEL?!​

VEGETA JOINS THE BRAWL!

Vegeta is the most powerful Saiyan of the Dragon Ball Z universe....until a certain Kakarot gets mad and, well you know the rest.

Fresh from that event, Vegeta brings to Brawl all his pent-up rage after being blown away at the breaking of his record.

STATS:

Weight: 9001/10
Vegeta eats enough to compete with Goku. Remember kids, over-eating makes you stronger!

Size: 7/10
He is about the size of Captain Falcon.

Speed: 9001/10
He knows instant transmission. Eat your heart out Kakarot Sonic. Also, you can hold jump to fly.

Power: 9001/10
The dude can punch through a mountain. What did you expect?

Attack Speed: 8999/10
His worst stat. This is due to him repeating the same 5 frames over and over and over...

SPECIALS:

Neutral B: Scouter

Vegeta reads the power level of any foe in front of him. After about a second of lag, he will begin boasting about how he is far superior to his opponent, and mock them for their weakness for about a solid minute.

During this whole time he is invulnerable, seeing as it is a law of the DBZ universe that a character cannot be engaged in combat during a boastful monologue.

Side B: Angry Face

Vegeta scowls to anyone before him.

This causes opponents to freak out uncontrollable for a second, similar to this:

A good set-up move as they are over-taken by the shock of Vegeta simply glaring at them to react in such a dramatic fashion.

Down B: Unnecessarily long Charge

Holding Down B makes you grunt and scream as power swirls around you, allowing you to charge up your attacks to do more damage and KB. However, you must hold 1 minute per % buffed, as per the rules of the show.

You also gain super-armor during charge, seeing as it is rude to interrupt a character as they create the attack that will end you.

Up B: Instant Transmission.

Vegeta instantly appears in the middle of the stage, without lag or a helpless state. He must pause to look around once he reappears however, growling as he does if there inst an enemy in his immediate area.

STANDARDS:

Jab: Repeating Punch

Vegeta bobs and weaves, punching forward with alternating fists in an erratic fashion as long as A is held, doing about 2% per hit, and hitting about as far as Falcon's held Jab. This would be a great move if it weren't for the fact that he must hold this pose for 1 second as he repeats the same 5 frames over and over....

Minimum damage: 30% (1 second), High KB

Dash Attack: Lazy Animators

This is an odd move. Vegeta reaches outward as little lines appear around him, as he fades slightly. If he misses his opponent, he suffers no end lag as the animation stops abruptly. If he hits, he will grab the opponent and disappear with him/her, and suddenly random flashes and sounds of punches are heard throughout the area as the epic fight unfolds...not before out eyes...

Each hit does his Jab damage, and he hits about 5x so...150%. Moderate KB when released. The whole thing takes a solid minute to pull off tho...

(I warned you about his power level)

Ftilt: Frame 1 Fist

Vegeta does a classic DBZ tactic of having a punch so fast that the eye cannot see it swing. This is mostly due to the creators not going through the trouble of animating said swing, due to budget and to make it seem cooler.

This attack hits on frame 1 (1/60th of a second) Reaches as far as his normal Jab...and does about 20% due to the immense power behind it's speed. After tossing it out, it remains as a hitbox as he holds the pose with a confident look upon his face for about a second. Anyone who so much as walks into the fist takes the 20% and high KB.

Dtilt: Angry Yell

Vegeta looks toward the ground as a vein pops up on his head. He will then near instantly unleash a scream-shaking yell as white energy flows around him. He holds this pose for half a second, and anyone hit by the yell will instantly suffer the pit-fall attack as it's power overwhelms them. Foes hit by the energy will take high KB and about 30% once it comes out, it being so powerful. Same goes with grounded opponents, except no KB.

Utilt: Anime Hair

Vegeta screams as the screen shakes, and he levitates slightly, becoming a Super Saiyan for a moment! As he levitates slightly, screaming his lungs off for a whole second, a strong upward push occurs around him, only for you to be hit by the lingering hitbox that is his super-spiky-hair!

Hitting the hair at any time does 10% and minuscule KB, as to get hit by it again and again and again.

SMASHES:

FSMASH: OVER 9000!!!!

Vegeta shudders, reaching for his scouter (charge period), which he then promptly rips off, and crushes in his hand as he screams his catch-phrase.

This attack acts similar to Charizard's Rock Smash in that it hits twice: The crush of the scouter, and the broken Scouter Shards. The first hit (crush) hits for anywhere from 18-28%, and each shard hits for the same amount, making this attack truly worth of it's name! It takes about the same time to pull off as Rock Smash as well.

Usmash: Even Spiky-er Hair

Vegeta Screams, charging power (charge period) before making a small explosion of pure energy as he instantly transforms into his Super Saiyan 2 form.

This acts similarly to his utilt, but instead of it continually damaging, it does a big burst of damage (20-30%) then acts as a second hitbox on the hair (20-30%)

Dsmash: Earth Shattering Power

Vegeta screams (charge period), the screen shaking as he then levitates slowly, the stage breaking all around him until there is nothing left but air.

The move does no damage, and there is no need for charge, but the arena always must be destroyed in some manner in a DBZ fight. It's a rule.

AERIALS:

Neutral Air: Burst of Power

Vegeta screams as energy flows from him in a massive burst.

The air moving from him creates a massive "push" field, and causes characters on the ground to cover their eyes as dust flies by for about 1 minute as Vegeta floats there...just screaming and moving air...

Forward Air: Final Flash

A mandatory charging of 3 minutes is required for this move, fortunately, opponents will freeze before you, watching in awe.

After all that, you shoot a big-*** planet-destroying blast of energy toward them doing about 200% in one hit.

There is no real drawbacks to this attack...if you don't mind waiting 3 minutes and 10 seconds to do it.

Down Air: Big Bang Attack

Vegeta screams at the top of his lungs the name of the move before doing it. he then creates a large energy ball and throws it toward the ground at about Mario's fall speed.

Touching this ball will cause it to explode, doing about 200% damage, and disintegrating your character in a flurry of black and white lines.

Back Air: Multi-Blast

Vegeta creates balls of energy that he throws forward for about a solid 30 seconds. Each one does about 10% but low KB.

Of course, while he does this he must grunt dramatically with each throw, and repeat the throw animation over and over in order to acquire the chi to do it.

Up Air: Garlic Beam

Vegeta floats to his back, and screams, shooting a big purple energy blast upwards. Ironically, he will shout "TIME TO DIE!" while doing this, having the beam only do about 10% and light KB.

He will then be shocked that the attack didn't kill, and stay floating with super-armor to boot, his thoughts audible as he is in disbelief over the opponent's ability to survive such an attack.

This lasts for 1 minute.

THROWS

"You expect me to actually grab these fools?!"

FINAL SMASH: APE ****

Vegeta grows into his massive ape from in the background, dominating the scenery! He will then scream "OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and proceed to crush the stage, and all players in his fist as if it were his scouter.

After that 1-hit KO, he then returns to normal.

TAUNTS,

VICTORY POSES,

LOSS POSE,

ANIMATIONS:

He stands there, doing this.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+5]Vegeta, best moveset ever[/size]
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE say this is a real set, cus I love it and it's my favourite set of any in the whole universe for it's humour (I am a very big fan of funny sets). This set is true to character due to Vegeta being overpowered as hell anyway (Like all DBZ characters), and Vegeta cannot be hurt while charging or talking. The set itself is easy to read, and made humourous by YOUR writing, as well as the hilarious introduction (Very creative as well). This is the best set ever since everything's true to character, easy to read, he's able to beat anyone (Who needs balance in DBZ?), needs little detail, and has a playstyle that's got so much common sense in it to understand it that you'd have to be a moron to not get it: Kill in 1 hit. Vegeta does his loss pose to anyone who doesn't give this set the respect it deserves. It's a marvel for how Vegeta is displayed in the smash universe of applying DBZ physics to Brawl and for making me laugh a lot. It's why I love Meruki Master set and why I read MYM3 sets. (I love Lolcat and Drake and Josh, who said that you now hate MYM3 sets, huhhhhh????)

Junahu

Smash Ace
[size=+5]Vegeta, best moveset ever[/size]
This is the reason jokesets aren't considered as real entries. If the only point of movesets was to entertain us, then a jokeset would win every single time. Yes, if you like a jokeset, you have every entitlement to say so, but it would be an insult to everyones hard work (including the author of the jokeset) to allow people to vote for it.

Personally though, I think we should at least keep track of jokesets, if only because some of them are genuinely funny.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
This is the reason jokesets aren't considered as real entries. If the only point of movesets was to entertain us, then a jokeset would win every single time. Yes, if you like a jokeset, you have every entitlement to say so, but it would be an insult to everyones hard work (including the author of the jokeset) to allow people to vote for it.

Personally though, I think we should at least keep track of jokesets, if only because some of them are genuinely funny.
I can agree with this, with the caveat that I actually found Vegeta rather funny once I realized that he was, in fact, a joke set. Ugh, those few non-joke attacks really threw me off.

And yet... I voted for Cat Clancer back in MYM 3.0. I guess I'm part of the problem. :embarrass

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
'Bout Time!

"They were known as....The Space Invaders"

H-h-hello? Anyone out there? I'm one of the last remaining Earth scientists alive. The humans...They...They're almost gone now. We're ending this message out there as a warning. Thy are coming. The Space Invades. They cannot be stopped, we thought we had them when we developed the Core Cannon, but...Now everything seems hopeless. If you ever encounter the invaders, please use the following knowledge to your advantage, and vanquish the Invaders on behalf of all the human race....

The Invaders are swift and brutal, but the simplicity they possess is the key to beating them. They can't do much other than float and shoot, but be warned, when together, they have the strength to destroy an entire civilization. I've.....Seen that happen. Please, following are statistics on the invaders. Read them well.
Stats

• Weight ~ 2
• Run ~ 4
• Fall ~ 4
• Traction ~ 10
• Power ~ 5
• Attack Speed ~ 5
• Jump ~ 6
• Wall Jump: No
• Wall Cling: No
• Fly: Yes
• Float: Yes
• Crouch: No
• Crawl: No

Alright, let me give you the lowdown on this alien scum, they are vicious and will stop at nothing to destroy you! They are rather light because of their 2D shape. But they are dangerous in hordes, and have the ability of nearly limitless flight, being able to spen up 10 20 seconds in the air at a time. They aren't very strong by themselves, but they can attack fairly fast and can stop on a dime!

Mechanics
1. Swarming
The thing about the Space Invaders is that they can call in more invaders depending on their damage count. For every 2% damage they take, they can call in one friend with their special attacks, which they can have aid them in battle. However, a called invader only takes 5% damage before it is destroyed, lucky for us. The summoned invaders can attack on their own, but can only use the Up Special with 5% damage and less knockback. They can also assigned to follow the lead invader as well. More details on that in the down special.

Specials

Neutral Special ~ Invader Summon
That dreadful Space Invader that never seems to go down calls in weaker reinforcements. They fly in from all directions, mainly focusing on the top of the screen, sometimes coming down to assist the one on Ground Zero. They can call them dreadfully quick, a reason why were losing, as long as they hold the special button, they will continue to summon more invaders until they have the max amount.

Side Special ~ UFO
That Space Invader will do an odd little jog, signaling s UFO to fly across the battlefield at a random spot, and if any opponents of the invaders are hit with it, will cause 8% damage and heavy knockback to he who receives the damage. But for those who seek a way to stop the UFO, fear not. It can be attacked! This was a great advantage in our battles. as depleting it's 12% Hp replenishes 7% of your life. A good bonus. Fortunatley, no more than one UFO can be out at the time, and damage does not carry over to a new UFO.

Up Special ~ Invader Shot
Given the Invaders nearly limitless flight ability, he can get away with not having a recovery move. Instead, he fires a bullet downwards, doing 8% damage and moving downward at the speed of Falcon's walking speed. It also does pretty good knockback as well. The blast has infinite range and goes until it leaves the screen. If should be noted that not all of the blasts are the same shape, some might be considered a cross shape, some are just lines. The shape is randomized.

Down Special ~ Invader Horde
That dreadful Invader leader calls the summoned invaders in with a squeal and up to five of the invaders he summoned will come to him, mimicking his actions until he dismisses them with the same move. These invaders will hoard around the central one, and protect him from Damage, sometimes being utilized in his moves as well.

Standards

Jab ~ Tentacle Slap
That horrid Space Invader reaches out in front of an smacks the foe with a tentacle! Fortunately, it only does small knockback and about 3% damage, but it does have good range, so beware.

Dash Attack ~ Stylish Spin
The main Invader begins to spin around as he flies around the battlefield. He racks up 3 his of 1 damage with this attack, and small knockback. The Summoned Invaders may do it as well, but not all of the time. Their attack only does a solid 5% damage with light knockback.

Tilts

Forward Tilt ~ Invader Shot
Luckily, this technique can only be used when the main invader has summoned Invaders following him. He then fires all of the invaders he has forward, dealing 2% damage per invader and light knockback.

Up Tilt ~ Upward Shot
That lead invader signals for that last attack again, and fires his Invaders upwards, as opposed to in front of him. It has the same stats, 2% damage per invader and light knockback. He needs invaders for this one as well.

Down Tilt ~ Invaders report
The ringleader invader turns towards the screen and calls in for another attack that requires summoned invaders. All the Invaders currently following his orders will come rushing towards him, wherever they may be at full speed. Contact with these ones does 2% damage and light knockback each as well.

Smashes

Forward Smash ~ Drill Shot
The lead invader signals his other invaders to form a Drill and drill into opponents in front of him. Uncharged the drill does 1% damage per invader with a flinching effect. Charged however, it does 3% damage per invader with light knockback.

Down Smash ~ Curved Shot
The lead invader signals for another fancy invader technique. The Summoned invaders form a ball and bounce where space id for 3 bounces. 2% per invader and Light knockback, Charging it only adds an extra 1% to each Invader's damage.

Up Smash ~ Bouncing Shot
The lead invader makes a signal and the following Invaders split off into two groups, which travel upwards in two squads. They eventually collide and hit the target. 2% damage per invader and light knockback. Charging makes it 3% damage per invader.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial ~ Invader Shot-Small
The lead invader fires a bullet downwards, like his down special. However, it is slightly smaller and a tad more spammable. It does 5% damage and light knockback.

Forward Aerial ~ Electrical Pulse
The lead Invader fires a short range energy Blast in front of him, doing 6% damage and light knockback, This attack does have a bit of Startup lag, however. So take advantage of it!

Back Aerial ~ Backwards Blow
In another move that requires the Invaders, the Leader invaders have them swirl around quickly behind him, dealing multiple hits of 2% damage per invader with little knockback.

Up Aerial ~ High Score
Space Invader begins to Flash colors, and the opponents conjoined percentage is displayed over its head, dealing 4% damage and high knockback if it hits.

Down Aerial ~ Bombing
In another move that requires Invaders, the Lead Invader groups some of them into a Ball and sends them downward, exploding upon making contact with anything but empty space. They will also stop if they go offscreen, then will return. Upon hitting anything, they will explode with a very large hitbox, knockback, and 4% damage per invader.

Grab & Throws

Grab ~ Tentacle Latch

The Space Invader latches onto it's foe and holds them tight with it's almighty 2-D Tentacles. It doesn't have the best range, however.

Pummel ~ Squeeze
The Invader squeezes hard with his tentacles, crushing the opponent's spine. A decent Pummel, this does 3% damage, but it isn't spammable.

Forward Throw ~ Side to Side
The Space Invader takes off at an ridiculous speed, taking the victim with it. After about 2 of what you would call 'Bowsers' it will stop and let go, sending the victim flying for 5% damage. The good news is that this attack requires a lot of room to execute.

Back Throw ~ Side to Side-Back
This is a carbon copy of the last detailed attack. Well, no, I lied. The difference is that it moves backwards this time, not forwards. But other than that, it is the exact same attack.

Up Throw ~ 8-Bit Explosion
In a daring move, the Space Invader explodes, leaving behind white explosion lines to prove it. This however, does send the victim flying upwards with a heavy 12% damage added to their damage percentage. Also, the Space Invader reappears in it's same spot, but has taken 5% damage from the explosion.

Down Throw ~ Game Over
The Space Invader rubs the opponents head against the ground, before beeping in a hysterical manner. He then shocks the opponent, and sends them flying a short ways away. This throws is a tad ruthless, and does 3% damage for the rub, and 6% for the shock.

Misc.

Shield ~ Eco Barrier
The Invader puts up a green shield of rock and plant around him, which protects him from harm. Unlike traditional bubble shields, however, this one degrades in the actual spots of damage. This shield degrades in the place of the blow, not shrinks when it is hit. However, if it is broken, it will not replenish until the lead invader loses a stock.

Final Smash

Final Smash ~ Get Even!
Oh no.....They're...no! This brings back horrible memories! They've brought out 100 Invaders, all following the command of that leader! 100 aliens, destroying everything.... All damage for attacks are doubled. Whatever the leader does, they will mimic. He does a jab, they all jab. He flies, they fly after him. Oh...But when he organizes them for the follower attacks....They destroyed our towers...The core cannons....Our military....Everything. Knockback is tripled on group attacks as well. The 100 Invader swarm will last 1 minutes before it shrinks back down to 5, regardless if the Invader had five before he unleashed the Final Smash.

Playstyle

The Invaders, I will share some strategies of theirs we've studied. The Space Invaders are bit crafty, so here's some strategies we've seen them used and ways to prevent them from executing them.
A strategy they love to employ, especially recently, is going into the fray to take a good deal of damage, the retreating to summon hordes of Invaders up above. These invaders will fly above your head, shooting downward. This can be troublesome when fighting the main invader. A counterstrategy against this would be to KO the Invader quickly because of it's light weight. Ways to do this include Meteor Smashes, cornering it(Hard to manage), and Final Smashes.
Another strategy they love is flying above their heads and using their down special to cause grief. They fly just out of your reach, firing bullets down upon you. But they are slow, however. If you can keep them on the ground, you should have a easy time. Ways to do this are meteor smashes, throwing items, and Kirby's Inhale move.
Another strategy I've seen them employ is to get out 5 invaders, and fly above the opponent to bombard them with the Down Aerial. Although you could just smash through the summoned Invaders, and you could dodge the explosion, it is better if you simply never gave him the chance to summon more help. Chaingrabbing, combos, and other similar techniques are good for that. Because if that Down Aerial hits, you could be sent flying.
I hope this knowledge was valuable to you and....Oh no. OH NO! NO NO NO! THEY ARE HERE! PRESERVE THE RECORDINGS, THEY HAVE ARRIVED! Hurry hurry...No, not that...AUGHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh....Huh........ No....They've won......

Animations

Idle ~
/
/

Walk ~ Same as idle, but turned slightly.

Run ~ Same a idle, but spinning.

Dizzy ~ The Space Invader spins like an off center top.

Extra Stuff

Up Taunt
The Invader flashes colors.

Down Taunt
A deep beeping sound is heard, the Invader spins.

Side Taunt
The Invader flips.

Symbol:
(But stilled on the first frame)

Victory Theme
10-15 of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EubPNfKxYSM

Victory Pose 1
The invader beams back up it's UFO.

Victory Pose 2
The Invader hovers still in the air, with the other two kinds of Invaders.

Victory Pose 3
The Invader flies past, as the words 'HIGH SCORE' appear behind him.

Defeat Pose
The Invader explodes. The text 'GAME OVER' is shown

Entrance
The Space Invader is beamed down via UFO.

Trophies

Invader A
Invader B
Invader C
UFO
Get Even!

Stickers

Invader A(Large)
Invader B(Small)
Invader C(Medium)
UFO(Small)

Alt costumes

Invader B

Invader C

Green Skin
Red Skin
Blue Skin

Selection Sound
The firing noise from Space Invaders plays.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains the antenna and the ability to summon Invaders.

Codec
Snake: Colonel, what are these things?
Colonel: Ah...I remember them. Those are the Space Invaders Snake. Attacked Earth long before you came around. An alien menace.
Snake:...What? Colonel, you sound like a crazy hippie! Aliens! Please.
Colonel: Believe what you want Snake, but know that they have near endless flight and can call in reinforcements. They can also fire bullets without guns.
Snake: Thanks for the info....

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
VEGETA: IT IS GREATER OR EQUAL TO 9000! pretty good jokeset, JOE!

INVADERS, POSSIBLY FROM SPACE: Pretty good stuff considering the best I could come up with when I thought of a SI set was a set for the mothership from Get Even. nice use of images and the simplistic organization does the experience well. A bit more detail here and there would be appreciated, butother than that I liked this better than your previous sets, KK.

Man, MYM5-6 Newcomers that actually give a hoot about this stuff have been just great. Wizzerd's already probably going to be a leader in MYM7, UserShadow has some amazing writing style and organization uniqueness in him, and Plorf made the epically awesome and complex Tomahawk Man. KoopaKirby and JOE!, I wish you well.

n88

Smash Lord
@koppakirby

I liked Space Invaders, but some of the wording was a little difficult to understand. Also, the "Mechanics" section is a bit strange. If you're explaining something that's an effect of a Special Attack, it should probably be described in the description for that Special Attack, not off in its own section.
Also, you might want to give them a red skin, for teams.

On a more positive note, massive props for actually making a good moveset for these guys.

*I've gotta get off my *** and actually finish a moveset before this contest ends*

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This thread is moving so slow >:

PIKACHU
remix

Doubtlessly the 2nd most iconic video game character of all time, Pikachu needs no introduction. Famous for zapping, spamming thunder, Squirtle ***-kicking, unfortunately realizing that Ash will never grow a pair in seven out of nine thousand and one times, you can't call yourself a gamer if you have never played a Pikachu game.

Starring in over 2000000000000 games, he was the obvious character choice for the original Super Smash Brothers. However, his moveset has never really captured the essence of his character. This was forgivable on the Atari Jaguar, due to its technical limitations, but on the Dreamcast and PS3, it's quite surprising that he wasn't given a true update rather than slight move changes. This moveset aims to fix that.

SIZE- 2/10
Pikachu is small. Small like your *****, lol.

WEIGHT- 2/10
Pikachu is like, 13 pounds and stuffs and thingies.

WALK- 7/10
Same as usual, I see....

RUN- 8/10
GOTTA GO FAST GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTER FASTER GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

DASH- 9/10
JESUS F*CK TOO FAST, TOO F*CKING FAST, SH*T, JESUS CHRIST, SH*T GOHAN MY BALLS AREN'T THERE THERE IN MY OTHER PANTS POCKET.

TRACTION- 7/10
BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE GUYS DENDE'S GONE REMEMBER

POWAH- 7/10
UNFORTUNATELY YOU CANNOT ROW ROW FIGHT IT.

ATTACK SPEED- 5/10
Surprisingly mediocre, especially given that this is Pikachu and all

RANGE- 7/10
PIKAAAAAAA! *boom*

PRIORITY- 3/10
It was never very good :(

JUMPING- 7/10
Same crap as usual.

FALL SPEED- 5/10
´_>`

CROUCH- 8/10
PRETTY **** GOOD IMO. CAN ALSO CRAWL, BUT WHY THE F*CK DO PEOPLE EVEN INCLUDE THAT, CRAWLING'S USELESS.

NEUTRAL SPECIAL

Thunder Jolt- C'MON, I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERS THIS DRINK.
Pikachu takes out a can of delicious Jolt Cola® and takes a sip, taking about .5 seconds to do so. As per usual heavily caffeinated beverage fare, Jolt Cola causes Pikachu to go SUPER HYPERACTIVE. This causes all of Pikachu's electric attacks to do twice as much damage. Assuming there's going to be enough electric attacks in this moveset. Cuz, y'know, I'm just making this moveset up as I go along really. Um, yeah.

This boost of power lasts for 5 seconds. You'd assume he'd go into downtime from that sugar rush, but he's far too manly for that.

SIDE SPECIAL

DEVOUR- Wait, what's Pikachu doing!? Wait, he's gathering up all his friends! Why, with almost no startup lag, Pikachu starts running forward, running along with a whole bunch of Pikachus that spontaneously appeared out of nowhere!
Pikachu keeps charging like this for 3 seconds, and when anyone makes contact with him, OH GOD THEY GET DEVOURED.

SERIOUSLY, THEY'LL END UP JUST LIKE THAT POOR GIRL IN THE EXAMPLE IMAGE! NO MATTER HOW MUCH SHE TRIES TO RUN AWAY, THE PIKACHU'S WILL GET HER, AND WILL PROCEED TO STRIP HER AND **** HER BEFORE KILLING HER AND HIDING THE BODY SOMEWHERE IN GUATEMALA. SPEEDWAGON, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS?

YOU HEARD THE MAN.
Once you've pounced on your opponent, keep pressing B to rack up damage. Each hit does 3% damage. Like any grab, it's easily escapable, just having slightly more endurance than a normal grab. And also be warned, this has low priority.

UP SPECIAL
http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/Chikurro/pika.jpg

FAT GUY- Using his uber 1337 Chuck Norris powers, Pikachu suddenly turns into this fat Japanese guy. This move is like a damaging version of Lucario's Extremespeed: The fat guy proceeds to fart in whatever direction you steer him to. Of course, he can fart to fly around twice, just like Quick attack. Getting hit by this flying fatty earns the unlucky recipient 3% damage. So basically, it's exactly the same as Quick Attack, BUT IT HAS A FAT GUY INSTEAD, SO IT'S AUTOMATICALLY FUNNIER LOLOLOL.

Also, average priority.

DOWN SPECIAL

THUNDER- OH WHAT, YOU THOUGHT THIS MOVE WAS GONE!? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK NO. Okay, it's a bit different this time around.

Pikachu jumps as far as he can into the air and sends a giant bolt of electric hell at his whatever being unfortunate enough to be below him at that time. He goes up slightly higher than the normal Thunder's cloud.

This move is nerfed somewhat in the sense that Pikachu takes a lot longer to pull off this move that the normal thunder. It takes approx. twice as long.
But to make up for that shortcoming, the Thunder Bolt is 3 times as wide and deals 27% damage! And as you can tell from, y'know, thunder, it has infinite priority. However, Pikachu cannot jump past unpassable ceilings, so look out for that. Also, Pikachu floats down in his helpless state after performing this.

Wait, this is actually a kinda-okay idea, what the hell is it doing in this crappy moveset?

NATURAL COMBO (SERIOUSLY, WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE CALL IT THIS!?)

PIKAMELLDANSEN- Aka, that one dance meme I used to like, but not anymore.
Pikachu dances like a dancing fool, for as long as you can stand to mash A. This dance hits all around Pikachu, dealing 1% damage to any victim. Of course, Pikachu dances a lot faster than shown in this GIF, going at a similar rate of normal Pikachu's Natural Combo. Really, how much do I have to explain this crap to you?

DASH ATTACK

MATING SEASON- Odd for a Dash attack, Pikachu leaps up and tries to pounce the opponent.
If he misses, he'll just roll on his back and get back up. But what happens when he does catch his opponent? Well he obviously, OH GOD PIKACHU, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?

JESUS CHRIST, HE'S DRY HUMPING THE OPPONENT! NO PIKACHU, NO! SPEEDWAGON, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

GODAMMIT SPEEDWAGON, STOP BEING SUCH A PUSSSY

Anyway, this sick b-stard of a rat humps his poor victim automatically, humping a total of 3 times, doing 5% damage. Pikachu then jumps off, dealing slight knockback to the opponent.

FORWARD TILT

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/bartohanew/PIKACHU.jpg

THIS- Pikachu stares at you with this unforgiving stare. This stare goes about .5 battlefield platforms far, and whoever gets caught in this evil glare takes 7% electric damage. Don't ask how. Knockback is medium, and the priority is low and disjointed.

DOWN TILT

PIKACHU TANKED MY SCORE WITH AN INCREDIBLE HAND- Did you know Pikachu is actually pretty Badass at Mahjong? I mean, I don't know how to play it, but I'm sure it's pretty awesome. I mean, they made a totally ball-explodingly win-tastic anime based on it, so I'm sure it can't be half bad. I think.
ANYWAY, Pikachu slams a mahjong tile on the ground dealing 8% damage to anything around it. It has pretty brief startup and ending lag, and has low knockback. Normally a pretty unremarkable move, but it involves something that has to do with Akagi so it's automatically more badass than every move in this set.

UP TILT

STATIC STRETCH- Utilizing his manly GAR Kenshiro powers yet again, Pikachu manages to have a 1 second Gender/Species change. Basically, he spontaneously transforms into a human girl version of himself. The girl proceeds to stretch out, looking kinda-sorta similar-ish to the above image, except she closes her eyes, and puts more "effort" into it.
What's that you ask? How does simply stretching do anything? And why do I need to find some excuse to insert a cute girl into all of my movesets? While I can't answer that last question, I can tell you that while Pikachu stretches her heart out, a thin layer of electricity forms around her. Hitting her like this deals 8% damage each hit, and has little enough knockback to get hit multiple times.

This move is actually very aesthetically similar to normal Pikachu's Up Taunt, even having the exact same startup/ending lag. What's that again? How is Pikachu able to change species/gender and back in such a short amount of time? I'll tell you why; BECAUSE HE'S MOTHERF*CKING PIKACHU!!!

:pikachu:

A-PIKA-KACHUUUUUUUUUU!!

FORWARD SMASH

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/tirkaro/piketchup.jpg

KETCHUP BOMB- Pikachu takes .3 seconds to take out a....AAAWWWW! Ketchup! AWESOME! Let's go up and take it! Wait, what, WHAT THE FU-

*BOOOOOOOOOOM* MUAHAHAHA! MUWAHAHAHHAHA!

As you can slightly grasp, Pikachu takes out a Ketchup bottle and throws it in front of him. This isn't just any ketchup bottle though: It's an exploding Ketchup bottle!
He throws it about .5 battlefield platforms in front of him in an overreaching arc, and it explodes upon contact with anything, dealing 18-23% damage, depending on how long you charged it, and has low knockback.
It has very low priority, even for a projectile, and has a small bit of ending lag after you throw it. Even so, this is still heavily spammable as a good spacing/GTFO N00BZ move.

by the way, I ****ing hate Ketchup. Just wanted to let you know.

DOWN SMASH

WILD SNORLAX- For this move's charging animation, Pikachu put's on a horrified expression, as he prepares to run out of the ****ing way! And for a good reason too; The infamous Snorlax-lady appears in mid-air, about 10 feet above Pikachu! Pikachu then manages to dash in the opposite direction he was facing, as the fat lady falls at the speed of a normal Snorlax. Right when she hits the ground, the proceeds to disappear after 1 second, not giving you enough time to man the harpoons.
Getting hit by this mammoth earns the opponent 19-25% damage and medium knockback. Snorlax-chan is only half as big as a normal pokeball Snorlax though, and there's large ending lag. (1.5 seconds). And believe it or not, this move actually has sub-par priority, meaning a lot of moves can send this fat lady singing.

UP SMASH

PIKSONA- For this move's charging animation, Pikachu takes out a card and prepares to crush it with his hands. Once he's crushed it, TEKKAMAN BLADE appears right behind him!
Most commonly after appearing, Tekkaman will do a succession of 6 slashes with his Tek-Lancer. The slash is similar to Metaknight's Fsmash, and deals 1-3% electric damage every slash. Tekkaman will shortly disappear afterwards.
This move has almost no punishment whatsoever, along with good priority, making it a vital move for racking up damage.
However, there is one small twist to this move. In an about 1 in 100 chance, Tekkaman will stand his ground and start charging up! Wait, what is he doing? Well, after 10 seconds of charging, Tekkaman will begin to scream:

"BORUUUU..... TEKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

He then starts to fire a gigantic laser from his body! This laser is about as long as 1 Final Destination and as wide as a stage builter block! It lasts on-screen for 3 seconds, each hit from it doing 15% damage. Like any good giant laser, it sucks in any opponent that makes contact with it, and has strong knockback once it's done.
Be careful though, since the laser can harm Pikachu as well.

and for those who most likely won't get it, this move is based loosely on the Tekkaman Pikachu MUGEN character.)

NAIR

WHO'S THAT POKEMON- All in a total of 7 seconds Pikachu turns into a 2D shadow in midair. Above him pop out the words "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?!"
Suddenly, below him(or if Pika's offstage, wherever the closest ledge is), an angry looking white kid appears and screams ""IT'S PIKACHU!" "Pikachu's" shadow will then turn out to be a completely unrelated Pokemon, causing the kid to scream "GOD DAMMIT AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" and flail his arms around. Each hit from the kid's short tantrum deals 4% damage, with low priority and low knockback. The kid then disappears after 2 seconds, and Pikachu falls back down in his helpless state.

FAIR

THUNDER BOLT- Pikachu utilizes this controversial move introduced in Pokemon Pinky-Red: Communism edition for the PS3. Pikachu lets out what looks like an aerial Thunder Jolt(The normal one).....and Usain Bolt runs out instead of a jolt. Bolt runs a lot faster than some stupid electricity thing, going at speeds rivaling Sonic the Hedgehog. Contact with Usain deals 5% electric damage, with minimal knockback. However, Bolt doesn't keep on hitting the opponent, but rather, the opponent is knocked behind Bolt, leaving them to eat his dust.
Bolt keeps on running for 3 seconds(Where he'll just disappear), or until he runs off-stage. He also has pretty low priority, meaning he can get knocked offstage by a strong attack.

BAIR

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/Tomanadi/GigaDrillBreaker.gif

GIGA TAIL BREAKER- While not as epic as the above image, Pikachu briefly dons a pair of Kamina shades and his tail turns into a DRILL. Said drill is about the same size as Pikachu himself, and brings Pikachu back 1 battlefield platform(oy vey, again, with the battlefield platforms).
Getting hit by this drill deals 3% electric damage every hit, has low priority, and the drill lasts for 2 seconds. Since this technically counts as a recovery, Pikachu goes into helpless mode after doing this move.

DAIR

PIKKURI SHI'TETE NE- A giant Yukkuri will appear in Pikachu's hands, and causes him to drop down at a faster rate(complete with a cartoon dropping sound). Contact with a grounded enemy will cause the Yukkuri to bite and latch onto the opponent's head ala a Metroid, with Pikachu bronco-riding it. This works like a grab as well; Press A to rack up damage 2% at a time. And of course, it's easy to break out of, having just a little more staying power than a normal grab.
However, doing this move to an airborne opponent will only cause the Yukkuri to bounce off their head with 4% damage and little knockback. So yeah, no suiciding for you.

UAIR

THAT- Another one of Pikachu's more controversial moves introduced in Pokemon Hedenbergite for the Pioneer LaserActive, Pikachu's head becomes the size of his body, and takes on the above face. Pikachu just floats there, motionless...until he makes contact with somebody. Anything making contact with that....face will somehow get hit with electric damage, and a *SCREAM* sound, dealing 8% damage and medium knockback. His head will then shrink back.
Of course, if nothing makes contact with it, Pikachu will just float there for 3 seconds until he eventually goes back to normal, and falls down in his helpless state.

GRAB/PUMMEL

KAMICHU- Dear god do I hate doing these, so let's get this over with quick.
For his grab, Pikachu's head becomes slightly enlarged, as he jumps up and bites the opponent's head. Yummy. He doesn't really swallow the whole head, but rather chomps on part of it, latching on like a metroid.

His pummel has him both biting and zapping the opponent at the same time, dealing 3% damage

FORWARD THROW

MIDAIR CRUELTY- Pikachu somehow manages to float in midair while swinging his victim around and letting go. It's a pretty basic throw, doing 9% damage, medium knockback, blahblah, NEXT

UP THROW

HANABI- Pikachu places his feet on the ground, still holding the opponent in his mouth, as he shoots the opponent upwards, making them explode like fireworks in the middle of their ascent. This deals a total of 12% damage, little knockback.

DOWN THROW

So...PREDICTABO!- 3 giant surges of lighting course through Pikachu's body, and subsequently, the opponent. Each surge does 3% damage, doing 9% damage in all. The opponent simply falls to the floor afterwards, with no knockback

BACK THROW

DANCE WITH THE DEVIL- Pikachu briefly transforms into the infamous Longchu/Pikadorf/The Devil and does a german suplex on them. This does 10% damage, and medium knockback.

and with that, the grabs are finally over with, woohoo!

Hey look! Pikachu has grabbed the Smash ball! Better watch out cuz-

"ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR"

....huh? What was that? Oh well, anyway, Pikachu has-

"RYOOOOWAAAAAAARRRRR"

Okay, seriously, what the hell's making that noise? Pikachu, can you.....

Pikachu....

Oh my god....

HOLY JESUS FLUCK

OKAY, OKAY, DON'T PANIC! THIS IS JUST A *BLECK!*
OH GOD, IT JUST F*CKING STOMPED ON ME! THE THING'S THE SIZE OF GIGA BOWSER AND IT CAN STOMP BY PRESSING B DEALING 25% DAMAGE!

OH GOD, SPEEDWAGON, HELP ME OUT HERE!

GOD F*CKING DANM IT SPEEDWAGON, WHY AREN'T YOU ANY F*CKING HELP, JESUS BALLS.

SERIOUSLY, F*CK YOU SPEE- OH GOD NOW IT'S CHARGING SOMETHING UP FOR 3 SECONDS! HOLY SHI'T IT'S USING SIDE-B TO FIRE AN ELECTRIC LASER OUT OF IT'S MOUTH! AND CHRIST, HE CAN AIM IT JESUS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

HOLY F*CK, I MANAGED TO SURVIVE THE LASER BLAST, BUT IT DEALT 10% DAMAGE EVERY TIME IT HIT ME! AND THAT BEAM LASTED FOR 3 SECONDS!
JESUS, GODAMMIT SPEEDWAGON, JUST HELP ME OUT HERE ONCE

MOTHERF*CK, I KNOW YOU'RE F*CKING AFRAID ALREADY YOU F*CKING PUSSSY, JESUS, WHY CAN'T I- OH MY GOD, NOW HE'S RAMMING INTO US WITH HIS HEAD USING UP B! DEAR GOD, HE JUST RAN INTO ME LIKE A BULL, AND SENT ME FLYING. I THINK THAT DID 22% DAMAGE, JESUS.
SERIOUSLY SPEEDWAGON, I COULD USE YOU JUST TO, Y'KNOW, AT LEAST HELP ME OUT OF HERE!? I MEAN SERIOUSLY, DO SOMETHI-

OKAY, YOU KNOW WHAT, F*CK YOU SPEEDWAGON, I NEVER SHOULD HAVE EVEN BROUGHT YOU HERE, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EVEN DO BESIDES BEING AFRAID, SERIOUSLY FU-

OH MY GOOOOOOD, NOW IT'S USING DOWN B SCOOP US UP WITH IT'S MOUTH. DEAR GOD, IT JUST GRABBED US IN IT'S MOUTH, AND IT'S NOW CHEWING ME ALIVE! DEAR GOD, EVERY BITE FEELS LIKE IT'S TAKING 10% OFF MY LIFESPAN, F*CK.
OH GOD, AFTER CHEWING US 3 TIMES IT'S SPITTING US OUT, DEAR GOD, I THINK THAT DID A TOTAL OF 50% DAMAGE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I....is it gone?

Well finally, it seems like after 20 seconds Pikachu has finally returned back to normal. Now we can finally- NO, GODAMMIT PIKACHU, DON'T GET THAT SMASHBALL AGAIN, FUUUUUUUUUU-

PLAYING AS

While it may not seem like it, Pikachu is best played defensively. What you need to know is that Pikachu is light. Even lighter than the normal Pikachu. What you want to do when playing FUBAR'd Pikachu is to simply keep your distance from your opponent. Pikachu is easily out-prioritized in all his moves, yet doesn't have most of the advantages the Robo-Link twins have. But when at a certain range, Pikachu remix can be a beast in the right hands.
One thing you must do is keep your opponent guessing. Don't be afraid to mix things up a bit; Pikachu's aerials are especially useful for this, as two of his moves completely stops him in midair. And when the opponent is expecting you to suspend yourself, try dropping a Yukkuri on their heads.
And that's where Pikachu remix really shines; the sheer variety of his moves can get him out of a good number of situations. But most of all, it's all about the mindgames. Just remember these 2 rules, and you should be okay most of the time.

PLAYING AGAINST

Pikachu remix is one tricky *******. He'll try to trip you up using his spacing techniques, or spamming his aerials. But don't worry; behind all the smoke and mirrors lies a thin sheet of glass.
Pikachu is easily out-prioritized, even with his short-range moves. All you need to do is just think ahead. Take 2 steps whenever Pikachu takes 1. Pikachu will try to mindgame you; just learn not to fall for it. Always keep close to Pikachu, and if you can, try picking a more powerful character.
If you're playing a weaker one, keep a short range, but still act quick.
Try to punish a spamming Pikachu as much as you can, particularly one in the air. Pikachu actually has an aerial counter, one you probably won't see instantly; not to mention aerial projectiles, and a grab+spike attack. You might want to use some good anti-air moves if you're playing against a particularly air-happy Pikachu

SITUATIONALS

Rising attack- Pikachu briefly breakdances on his back, dealing 2% to any opponent near him. This is a reference to the critically panned In the Groove Pikachu mix for the SEGA Nomad

Ledge attack- Pikachu bites forward, in an animation similar to his grab. This deals 5% damage.

Ledge attack (Over 100%)- Pikachu stares forward with a cold-hearted stare, similar to his Ftilt. This deals 8% damage to anyone who's close enough to see Pikachu's mean glare. After 2 seconds, he crawls back up.

TAUNTS

Up Taunt- Pikachu quickly cycles through a bunch of faces within 1 second.

Side Taunt- Pikachu sternly looks towards the camera and says "No" in a gruff voice.

Down Taunt- Pikachu looks towards the camera, grows headphones and says
in Light's voice.

VICTORY ANIMATIONS

1- Pikachu puts on a sinister face and says "何ものためのこの全体の移動リストを通って読んでいる愚かな人! 地獄行きだ!". He then teleports away.

2- Pikachu says "DANCE WITH THE DEVIL!" as he turns into his devil/Ganonchu form, and starts dancing erratically.

3- Pikachu hunts around the area. As soon as the status screen pops up, his face will turn into it's "Kamichu" form, and will start biting the status screen frantically.

LOSE POSE- Pikachu wears a tuxedo and becomes black and white, as he does the "Citizen Kane" clap.

OTHER CRAP

ICON- Standard Pokeball logo, but with a ಠ_ಠ face plastered on it.

KIRBY HAT- Gets standard Pikachu hat, and regular thunder Jolt, as Kirby has no electric attacks for Jolt Cola to be useful for.

CODEC-

PRESS SELECT

Snake: UUUUUuuuuunnnnggggghhhhhhhhh
Otocon: THIS IS JUST LIKE ONE OF MY JAPANESE ANIMES
Speedwagon: GAAAAAH!!
Narrator: Even Speedwagon is afraid!
Snake: GRrrrruuughghhghgggghh

END TRANSMISSION

Katapultar

Smash Lord
This page took a very long time to load, so I'd better make the most of it...

Yes, if you like a jokeset, you have every entitlement to say so, but it would be an insult to everyones hard work (including the author of the jokeset) to allow people to vote for it.
You make a good point. It's ok that Vegeta can't be voted for. Otherwise MYM would get hurt, and not everyone votes for a set because It's funny.

I agree, not having links to them is really annoying, as those kinds of works get forgotten that way. In fact, there should be a page for the Canvas showing jokesets, perhaps at the bottom of each, MYM4, 5, 6 and so on.

[size=+2]Space Invaders[/size]
The writing style is pretty neat, like Galaxy Man, this being your 7th set, which Im surprised at how far you've gone. Few nitpicks of spelling errors (One confused me a bit). I would have to say that you need to detail where the invaders are for the Mechanic and Neutral Special (I also agree that they should both be melded together. Perhaps you could have given more of SI's playstyle to him being damaged, because that would help strengthen his playstyle, because he's light and just allowing him to get beat up wouldn't flow that well. It's an interesting idea, and I suppose that were here to have fun.

[size=+2]Pikachu Remix[/size]
Sweet, another tirkaro set. This set made me laugh even more than Vegeta and Meruki Master when I saw the hilarious pictures. I love this set for it's humour, but I will comment on it seriously. It's clearly obvious that you ripped off Mario remix's intro. Straight away the moves are random in terms of playstyle (I like random moves too but if they are funny). Now, It's ok to have random moves, but only if they flow together to create a playstyle (You didn't have one for this set. Go on, make one!). It's kind of like working, everybody has to do their part to secure balance. In other words, your moves, which actually makes MYM relate to real life.

I've got some nitpicks about the set:
*Seperating the moves with speedwagon comments is annoying.

*While pictures make the set funny, they can be a bit annoying. You may want to place links to the pic rather than make it sit there (For god's sake, it increases everyone's downloading if anyone but me cares. Uploading uneccesary GIFs is annoying as hell, instead put URL links to them, I've made my point)

*1 second for the F-tilt is barely enough time, make it 2 seconds or something.

*D-Smash doesn't signify where Pik runs.

*Though it is censored a bit, this set has a lot of crude language. Vegeta makes a bad example to the kids by saying that overeating makes you stronger (Because of him, my poor Suzu got fat from eating a fish because she thought she would become just like Vegeta in strength. She had to go to hospital and got less scenes in Bobobo-bobo-bobo, and I visit her every day. Vegeta's also going to court for that. YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT BOBOBO-BOBO-BOBO? TO BAAAAAAAAAAD!!!) To the point, swearing does not make a set funny if it's used excessively, it's like eating chocolate too much. A little bit at a time is ok, but it's a bit to much using the F-word and other sexual references that don't make a cup of tea for us. One of the reasons I found JOE's Vegeta joke-set great was due to the way he stated the attack, such as saying it's rude to interrupt a character who's creating an attack to end you, and the DBZ rule of not being able to attack a foe during an important monolouge. JOE didn't use any naughty words to describe his set, just adding non crude humour (Don't count the loss pose). I would say to you to learn from JOE so you can make the attack description funnier without swearing your head off.

*Is Pokemon Pinky-Red: Communism edition for the PS3 a real game?

The extras are decently funny on their own. I'd say this is the funniest non-joke set yet in MYM6 (Certainly not saying it's better than Sakurai or King of Hyrule). I've said just about everything I want to say about this set, which is certainally not mindless in my case. Come to think of it, the humour gets a BIT boring after a while, but if you go back and see it it's funny. Ummmm, my biggest complaint is that he has no playstyle. Im just telling you that once again. He's a hilarious set, though he'd be great if you made him better with a playstyle other than throwing random moves in (You can keep the move, but alter it to fit in). I actually think, putting aside the humour, this is probably your, not so greatest set. All your other sets had playstyles, but this one didn't. Completely throwing humour away to judge a set, Meruki Master was probably your best set as you said, because he had a playstyle, and he was more in character so you could see a character there rather than a blob of everything. That's all my thoughts just about from me.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Space Invaders:You've put tremendous effort into the writing style, and your enthusiasm for this frequently shows through in the set.
There are a few areas where I felt you didn't make the most out of a given move (such as whether or not you can destroy your own UFO's to heal yourself). And just like others have said already, it took a while to figure out where and what the reinforcements are.
But more than those two complaints, your moveset comes across as schizophrenic, wavering halfway between cheesy 80s Sci-fi monologue(which works for the most part) and your own unauthoritive tone of voice (which doesn't work, for the most part). Nonetheless this is an excellent step in the right direction while still in keeping with your unique style. The only barrier in your way now is readibility, which will naturally improve as you continue to make movesets

Pikafan remicks: Many lulz were had with this one. Plenty of random humour and.. wait- I'm commenting this? *dramatic Chipmunk"

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
If it isn't already very obvious, I won't be submitting anything this contest. I will try to submit something next time, provided I'm not too caought up with 358/2 Days(which, btw, I finally got, along with a Special KH Edition DSi from the glorious JP). So, I hope to see you all next contest. I think all of the movesets were amazing. Great contest, everyone.

and, by the way, I lol'd my arse off at that Pika Joke(i think) set. Nice one tinkaro who I assume is a newcomer.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Pikachu Remix

You officially melted my mind. I'm not sure if it's the overload of epic or just the fact that the set made my mind melt...but it was pretty awesome to say the least regardless of the outcome. It's a weird joke set that I'm not even sure if it really is a jokeset or not...regardless it made me laugh quite a bit so I thank you for that one!

Master Miyamoto

Smash Rookie
Just when I thought you couldn't get more imaginative than with your Mario, you come up with a new one for Paper Mario! This one's just brimming with fun moves! I'm excited! I enjoyed your usage of the partners...Watt is one of my favorites! I'm glad people remember her! *laughs*

All of your moves were highly creative, maybe a little too much but they could always be toned down by Sakurai-san. Regardless, I enjoyed this very much! I can't wait for your next feature! Have you taken me up on your Luigi Remix offer? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom