• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Has anything interesting happened yet? uhh I guess Marth since he has little armor to weigh him down and he can just behead charizard. Apparently since Zard doesn't have a false palette it'd kill him to use fire.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Marth wins this one. Zard's neck is too fragile and Marth is too graceful with his sword to let this get out of hand. Zard is also barely taller the average human, so it's plausible for Marth to outmaneuver him.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sorry Nova, you are confusing gracefullness with suckage. Marth is NOT gracefull. He is a VERY bad swordman.

Anyway, I think this MU goes to Marth simply because he has a sword. Charizard got nothing except bites and small claws.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
The Science Channel aired it on their channel not too long ago Ray.

Youtube "Dragons: A Fantasy made real".

You'll find all the parts to the program on there. That is how I tried to argue that Charizard could fly, and breath fire. Charizard can breath fire, but without the needed false palette in the mouth (similar to a Crocodile's pallete in that it keeps a certain material from getting in, which in the Croc's case is water when it opens it mouth under the surface) it is a lost cause.

Marth's sword, Falchion is a longsword, smaller than Ganondorf's, but right for his size. It is already known he can use it to great effect. He out-ranges Charizard in close combat and thus is more devastating. He also has minimal armor in the form of his chestplate and pauldrons (on his shoulders).

Marth can cut Charizard with his sword. Don't make me bring out Payas' Tone argument out on you.

Muscle Tone > Muscle Bulk.

I am also an example of this. With my brother on my back, starting on my stomach, I can use my arms to pick myself up to the point where I can get onto my knees, and with a bit more effort, onto my feet while haunched down and come close to standing up straight while he is still on my back before he falls off.

I barely exercise at all, unless you include walking home from school. He weighs over 200 lbs, he is taller than and physically stronger than me.

Yet I am his older brother.

RL examples FTW...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Sorry Nova, you are confusing gracefullness with suckage. Marth is NOT gracefull. He is a VERY bad swordman.

Anyway, I think this MU goes to Marth simply because he has a sword. Charizard got nothing except bites and small claws.
You be hating >___> :p

Dude Charizard is a shrimp compared to me then! (height wise that is...)

@Sam
Iknorite?
I say we fight for fire! :O

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You be hating >___> :p

Dude Charizard is a shrimp compared to me then! (height wise that is...)

@Sam
Iknorite?
I say we fight for fire! :O
It's true.

All of his stats except strenght and luck are horrible.

Skill is the worst. He misses 4/5 of his attacks. Its that awfull.

Sieguest

Smash Master
It's true.

All of his stats except strenght and luck are horrible.

Skill is the worst. He misses 4/5 of his attacks. Its that awfull.

No he doesn't...
he can nail an opponent every single time unless the opponent is camping in the mountains or on a fort/castle/gate. and even when the terrain advantage is for the opponent Marth is hitting at least 84% of the time...

I don't know what Shadow Dragon you're playing, but it must not be the one the rest of the world plays :O

payasofobia

Smash Champion

No he doesn't...
he can nail an opponent every single time unless the opponent is camping in the mountains or on a fort/castle/gate. and even when the terrain advantage is for the opponent Marth is hitting at least 84% of the time...

I don't know what Shadow Dragon you're playing, but it must not be the one the rest of the world plays :O
I am playing the same Shadow Dragon you are playing, and trust me, Marth is only good in the easier levels.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe11/average/marth.html

From Normal and above he becomes a load.

A load that can single handheldly end your perfect run on a long level.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I am playing the same Shadow Dragon you are playing, and trust me, Marth is only good in the easier levels.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe11/average/marth.html

From Normal and above he becomes a load.

A load that can single handheldly end your perfect run on a long level.

dude Marth is the reason I was even able to beat the game on Merciless! >___>

My Marth is ****.....
*looks at stats*

dang, I must've gotten lucky on the RNG....
My marth's Str is meh,
but his skill
speed and luck is maxed out :O
:O

payasofobia

Smash Champion

dude Marth is the reason I was even able to beat the game on Merciless! >___>

My Marth is ****.....
*looks at stats*

dang, I must've gotten lucky on the RNG....
My marth's Str is meh,
but his skill
speed and luck is maxed out :O
:O

Holy ****, that is some serious RNG blessing.

You got very lucky.

None of my 5 merciless Marths turned strong enough to be usefull for more than 10 chapters....

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As promised, time to comment on the false palate...

And... no, really no. It's not drooping anywhere near enough to simply be open, and he's got it open WHILE he's breathing fire.

Charizard has no false palate, so like bowser every time he breaths fire, it will be suicide.

I'm sold on Marth winning this, without a legit ranged weapon his sword has the range to beat out Charizard, sword>claws.

JOE!

Smash Hero
As promised, time to comment on the false palate...

And... no, really no. It's not drooping anywhere near enough to simply be open, and he's got it open WHILE he's breathing fire.

Charizard has no false palate, so like bowser every time he breaths fire, it will be suicide.

I'm sold on Marth winning this, without a legit ranged weapon his sword has the range to beat out Charizard, sword>claws.
You know, I was thinkign about this issue today at work of all places...

all pics of Bowser/Charizard have the throat hole in the....throat to make a cartoonish character look a bit more real...

Couldnt it be assumed they have such a thing, seeing as if they had fire, they should have a means of stopping the backdraft?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just throwing it out there, but I think that Charizard's size is a game mechanic. In the anime, and I'd assume in real life's case, you see bigger ones and smaller ones. Going by 5'07" for every Charizard(even in Brawl, he's almost as tall as 6' characters) seems kinda eh, unless someone decides(BY THE LAW OF THE INTERNET) that 5'07" is the biggest they can get.
Edit: Not that that makes much difference. With fire, Charizard. Without, Marth.

@Joe - Yes.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Let me get this straight.
Charizard is only a little taller than Marth...
Marth has a sword....
Charizard can't breathe fire.....
We have a winnar.

Can Charizard have a flame on his tail? Or is this impossable due to skin porblems?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Paya, what I'm talking about (coming from an animation major) is that it would be boring froma character design stand-point to have bowser or charizard have a flap covering their throats when they open their mouths...it looks better to have the details inside...

This is the same reason we dont see Zelda with a sheathe or quiver: It'd look a bit weird.

Now, even though there is no evidence of her ever having a sheathe or quiver, we gave her both because it made sense....

But we wont give two fighters something that'd make evolutionary sense for what they can do?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
We could make that point 2wards a lot of things then. I get what he's saying, but he has too many appendages to get slashed and make him mincemeat.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Joe's point is invalid though. Having a certain item that exists (Sheathe and Quiver) is alot more logical than not being able to breathe fire.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Joe's point is invalid though. Not having a certain item that exists (Sheathe and Quiver) is alot more logical than not being able to breathe fire.
That's just like saying that a Texas Horned Toad can't spit blood.... because it doesn't sound logical...>___>

Nova9000

Smash Lord
who else?

nobody but bowser and charizard have faced an issue like this yet...
If it came to being prepared for RL then do I really need to say anyone? I get what your statement is getting at but I'm saying it won't affect the outcome of this MU.

JOE!

Smash Hero
If it came to being prepared for RL then do I really need to say anyone? I get what your statement is getting at but I'm saying it won't affect the outcome of this MU.
well, it doesn't really matter about the match...

it is just people are making a claim about these two characters, based on things that I know would be realistically inaccurate (besides them being a Charizard and boozersaurus), like how Zelda has a sword and no sheathe.

I'm trying to say the same lee-way should be given for these two guys, seeing as it'd allow them to do something possible for them to do, that they are shown doing, but have a simple thing holding them back due to the way they are drawn...

Jochnick

Smash Rookie
Charizard vs Marth?

Hmmm hard one, Marth has speed but lacks power, Charizard has power but lacks speed. Marth can use hit and dodge tactics, but one hit from Charizard and his done for. It's even but I gotta go with charizard. He can fly AND breath fire, Marth would hit him over and over but Charizards stamina would keep him fighting until Marth would tire and Charizard would finish him.

Top Bottom