• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Matchup Rediscussion #15: Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I mean, what's the point of fighting over this? Really. Sasuke u should get a grip. And crappy contribution is crappy. Sigh.
Seriously. Even ZELDA forums get more done.

So how do I play vs Wolf? Do I camp? Do I approach? What do I have to watch out for?

MJG

Smash Hero
Just ignore it and move on. This is a matchup discussion. We're discussing Toon Link vs. Wolf.

We didn't go over counterpicks/bans very well. I suggested RC as a counterpick, since it can force Wolf's UpB.

Discuss.
In my experience in the match up, lylat is also a decent counterpick. The tilting stage messes with wolf recovery.

I really don't know of any other stages other than RC and lylat..

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
RC shouldn't be too bad for him. It's a stage based on keeping people in the air and he isn't bad in the air, it's just that his recovery is predictable. It's easy to punish because you know where he's going with it. And I'd imagine wolf kills early there with the close edges. I CP'd a falco there and he switched to wolf so I'd imagine it's not that bad.

And I agree with Sasuke when it comes to tournament matches. I vividly remember the matches where I lost and I concentrate on my mistakes, and last saturday I went 5-2 and I can honestly say I don't remember a thing about the matches I won or who I played.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow what a great thread...

oi sasuke, if you played good wolves you would remember their names, because good people are well known for the simple fact that they are good.

so its entirely resonable for me to conclude that you havnt played any good wolves.

it would however be entirely unresonable for me to dislike you and think that your a ****** just because of the last few posts you made, but blow me I'm going to think it anyway.

MJG

Smash Hero
wow what a great thread...

oi sasuke, if you played good wolves you would remember their names, because good people are well known for the simple fact that they are good.

so its entirely resonable for me to conclude that you havnt played any good wolves.

it would however be entirely unresonable for me to dislike you and think that your a ****** just because of the last few posts you made, but blow me I'm going to think it anyway.
0_o

*Hands luke_atyeo a flame shield*

Good luck...

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Is this a matchup discussion? Or a troll/fight thread? If u guys keep talking about this, Ill quit doing matchup rediscussions. Now go back to REDISCUSSING THE WOLF MATCHUP.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think you guys are pretty much done, unless you delve even deeper into discussions. Go to Lylat, Frigate, Pokemon Stadium I. I wouldn't really know what to ban. Probably Brinstar. But to be honest, there isn't some glorified Wolf stage as far as I'm concerned. I don't think we care what level we're on as far as doing well goes, because nothing really helps Wolf as much as there are stages that hurt him. Counterpicking is more important than banning.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Asaph's Wolf is legit. By legit, I mean wtfareyoudoingchasingmeofftheledgeandcomboingblastertospike way.Hands down. Listen to him when he's talking about the TL MU.

Watching/playing his Wolf is amazing. And Radori and Asaph did manage to get a some serious friendlies at today's tournament.

So yeah. Knowing the player you win/lose to is extremely important. If you don't remember, it tells me his/her gameplay wasn't memorable, and therefore, average.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
Aww how cute of you guys to come to Sasuke's rescue. Let him be a man and handle his own stuff.

@ Sasuke: I'm glad you see the point now. Took you long enough. The reason you haven't hread of me is beacause I just started becoming active within the Smash community about a month ago. So of course you haven't heard of me.

@ Noid. I <3 you.

@ Sheikant still no ratio?

P!1

Smash Rookie
...Woow.

Ah okay, I say we set the ratio to 50:50. 55:45 TL at most, 'cause TL can gimp Wolf better than vice-versa from what I've seen anyway. If you guys wanna disscuss more 'bout the counter-picks and stuff then please do. :> I say just go to Pirate Ship or Halberd or Green Greens or sumthin, and I say ban Luigi's Mansion. (if its allowed anyway, those pillars always manage to disrupt projectiles I throw. Harumph.)

If you guys do agree on 50:50 then cheers and let the best brawler win. :D

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Ah okay, I say we set the ratio to 50:50. 55:45 TL at most, 'cause TL can gimp Wolf better than vice-versa from what I've seen anyway. If you guys wanna disscuss more 'bout the counter-picks and stuff then please do. :> I say just go to Pirate Ship or Halberd or Green Greens or sumthin, and I say ban Luigi's Mansion. (if its allowed anyway, those pillars always manage to disrupt projectiles I throw. Harumph.)
I played Lobos at a tourney recently and actually CPed him with Halberd and won. I actually like the place, and Wolf can scar the fixed part of the stage.

I don't know if anyone would actually go to Luigi's mansion. haha I wouldn't. Wolf can't use blaster there effectively, and the stage is too big / take forever for someone to die. I think there are better counterpicks the Wolf can use. I don't know about Pirate Ship. You guys can spike well in the water, but Wolf can do that as well. Personally, I wouldn't care if a TL took me there.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
70-30 Toon Link because one time I saw Toon Link KO a guy really early.

._.

Sasuke, if you're going to be our mod, at least infract yourself for trolling...

I say this is even. We rack up damage and work like hell for the kill. They have trouble getting the hits in, but they have much better KO moves. Even.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
70-30 Toon Link because one time I saw Toon Link KO a guy really early.

._.

Sasuke, if you're going to be our mod, at least infract yourself for trolling...

I say this is even. We rack up damage and work like hell for the kill. They have trouble getting the hits in, but they have much better KO moves. Even.
Yes, even.

Have my babies please? <3

Also, your main character is under your profile thingy is MK....have....have you left us? *Tears*

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Oh god I wish I could leave you guys and this ****ty character...But no...I love you guys and Tink far too much.
It's a CO inside joke...Ya know...The kinda jokes that aren't funny?

Are you gay? If you are, no. I wouldn't have sex with a queer. If you're straight, totally. It's not gay if two straight guys do it. Just two men enjoying eachother's company. Amirite?
<3 Radori

P!1

Smash Rookie
^ WUT LOL?

@ Asaph: ICIC. Well anyway, I really do think that its nice at Pirate Ship. No more dair die thingy so we could try and spike wolf into the water but then again no more Zair Edgegaurding and , yes I hear Wolf spikes well into the water, so it kinda works both ways. Huh. It kinda makes the match-up more even, for me anyway.

P!1

Smash Rookie
Haoehaoehaoehaoe, Indeed.

So can we come to a consensus? 50:50? If yes, then on to the next MU! *coughPitcough*

Haoehaoehaoehaoe, Indeed.

So can we come to a consensus? 50:50? If yes, then on to the next MU! *coughPitcough*
Pit won't be in the next 2 rediscussions, but lets hope that he's in the next next rediscussion. Along with ZSS. =D

.REMIX.

Smash Apprentice
I think that this match up is 50-50 imo.

Toonlink is able to outcamp wolf yet we all have a hard time killing him. A sugestion for killing wolf is mindgaming him into an f smash. Zair is also a very good set-up for an up-smash. Fair is also very well. oh and one last thing... you can zair into dashattack wolf and then edge guard him until its enough for you to edge hog him.

this is a video of me playing the wolf MU yet if he was more of a wolf that overused the lazer, i would play differently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm69OF_BXaE :)

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
Oh god I wish I could leave you guys and this ****ty character...But no...I love you guys and Tink far too much.
It's a CO inside joke...Ya know...The kinda jokes that aren't funny?

Are you gay? If you are, no. I wouldn't have sex with a queer. If you're straight, totally. It's not gay if two straight guys do it. Just two men enjoying eachother's company. Amirite?
<3 Radori
Naw dude I'm straight. And yes, you are right. <3 DTL

@ Thread: Pirate Ship is banned in the MD/VA region. :(

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Even 50-50

Wolf Frame Data

Best Stage to Fight Wolf on:

Worst Stage to Fight Wolf on:

Summary:

In this matchup, you'll never see more bair....ever.
His bair is amazing and it's his main approach. But our bair is better when it comes to landing it. Bombs are great in this matchup as in all others (except lolimar). Use them, love them, etc. Both character have very predictable/situational kill moves so both have trouble landing the kill. Though arguably Wolf has less trouble. Thanks to an autocancellable fair and a very fast Down Smash. His reflector bounces back proyectiles at twice the speed and has invinci frames so watch out for that. Bair chains as always are amazing. Same with utilt, at low percents it isnt uncommon to be able to chain two utilts at least and put Wolf in an undesirable situation thereafter.

Wolf's upB is horrible and generally theyll try to avoid using it as much as they can and recovery horizontally. Though, if they happen to be forced into using upB from below...remember our dair outprioritizes it and u can also edgehog it easily. Zair is great for gimping Wolf too. Wolf's fsmash is a bad move but can catch unexperienced players offguard it is easy to shieldgrab or SDI up or even DI down and tech. Be careful of scarring on stages like Smashville and Yoshi's Island, that side b CAN kill. It can be punished with prediction though as he lands with laaaag. Watch out for Wolf's DACUS too, it has a ridiculous hitbox.

Moves to Watch out for the most:
DACUS, lazorz, side b, Down smash, Bair, Upair, Fair, Reflector

Moves that are very helpful in this matchup:

Bombs <3, Bairs, Nair, Utilt, Usmash, BCDS, Arrows, Zair

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yeah, maybe they shouldn't be Wifi friendlies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why are you posting that in a match up thread?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Like, does the concept of a "topic" mean anything to you? >_>
You don't just post stuff in random played dude. That's what the general discussion thread is for.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
TLM's summary is really good except for the part where he says "Wolfs fsmash is bad". It's a good move, people just don't use it right. Other than that the summary is accurate.

:059:

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Yeah you've also gotta remember how many times Sasuke would have to deal with stuff like this too, it would get pretty frustrating for him after awhile.

Also, if he didn't enforce rules the boards could get pretty chaotic I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom