• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's great and I thank you for it.

In regards to this though, I'm just saying that you seemed to be stalling for a bit. Why couldn't you have gone back to what you did for the first stock (since it did work for you there), instead of seemingly stalling by gliding back and forth under the stage?
Or perhaps he was waiting for the opportunity to strike effectively...since y'know...one grab = death? He could also have been trying to frustrate Meep a little to create an opening for the attack, and this tactic could easily frustrate people. Seriously, no matter what it seemed like he was doing, M2K has never been one to shoot toward stalling a match and I thought people already knew that. Perhaps I give the community too much credit then... xP

Leave the guy alone. He's playing for hefty amounts of prize money at a time. As far as I'm concerned...he's been VERY lenient about playing "gay" thus far, and he and Ally still dominate more than those who DO exploit "gay" tactics. That should say something in and of itself.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
first set i 2 and 3 stokced meep

2nd set he 3 stocks me cuz it starts with ice block to CG to death. I get frustrated, and he grabs me 2 more times cuz im going too aggressive and stupid. I counterpick RC and 3 stock him, then i 2 stock him twice, on SV then YS. I 2 stokced him on YS with just normal fighting... The 3rd game is the only time i flew under the stage, and I 2 stokced him anyway, and he was at like last stock 90% anyway when timer ran out.

what people say are greatly exaggerated and would have probably not changed the set at ALL since last 2 games were 2 stocks anyway including yoshis story

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
Or perhaps he was waiting for the opportunity to strike effectively...since y'know...one grab = death? He could also have been trying to frustrate Meep a little to create an opening for the attack, and this tactic could easily frustrate people. Seriously, no matter what it seemed like he was doing, M2K has never been one to shoot toward stalling a match and I thought people already knew that. Perhaps I give the community too much credit then... xP

Leave the guy alone. He's playing for hefty amounts of prize money at a time. As far as I'm concerned...he's been VERY lenient about playing "gay" thus far, and he and Ally still dominate more than those who DO exploit "gay" tactics. That should say something in and of itself.
Yeah, I tried to make it clear in my first post that I didn't think that M2K was intentionally trying to stall. Is it considered stalling though, going under the stage multiple times in a row? I say yes.

This second part you talk about, I definitely don't know about. All I can say is what I saw in this video and from the information that everyone wrote from both sides on this thread. That's all I'm talking about. I also want to make sure it doesn't seem like I'm attacking M2K. I definitely like the way he plays and love seeing his matches. His play is truly amazing to me. However, do I agree with his tactic this time by doing what I and many others here called stalling? (again, only refferring to the part about going under the stage) No I don't.

first set i 2 and 3 stokced meep

2nd set he 3 stocks me cuz it starts with ice block to CG to death. I get frustrated, and he grabs me 2 more times cuz im going too aggressive and stupid. I counterpick RC and 3 stock him, then i 2 stock him twice, on SV then YS. I 2 stokced him on YS with just normal fighting... The 3rd game is the only time i flew under the stage, and I 2 stokced him anyway, and he was at like last stock 90% anyway when timer ran out.

what people say are greatly exaggerated and would have probably not changed the set at ALL since last 2 games were 2 stocks anyway including yoshis story
Wait, what game was the one that Chibo put up a page or two ago? Is that not the one you are talking about when you refer to the 3rd game? The only one that I saw was the one that Chibo put up. Yet you say the only one you go under the stage in is the one where the timer ran out, which didn't happen in that video. When did you go under the stage repeatedly the most then?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
dude that match was fine i didnt see anything i thought was super gay or anything. ICs are gay and when your entire moveset is so limited by them just being them you gotta do something right? I personally see no issue with what went down.
As far as the whole blow-up thing cant someone catch a break for being human? im sure all of you would get pissed after being CG three times in a single match.
jason actually is a really nice guy no reason to flame him at all

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
He wasn't stalling, he was playing smart. What he did was exploit the IC's inability to effectively chase MK (including under the stage). It's just like how Pink Shinobi timed out Rockcrock's Ganon with his Peach on Kongo Jungle 64 at Genesis (those of you who don't know...look it up). He constantly maneuvered around the stage, making use of the top platforms and exploiting Ganon's lack of vertical mobility on that stage, constantly tossing turnips and rotating around the stage and hopping around the top platforms. It's the same concept.

Gay? Yes.
Lame? Yes.
Strategically brilliant and successful? You ****ing bet!

Stop whining so much about everything, EC.
Excellent post

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol m2k is so negative

**** tons of us average people want to see him win

cuz its entertaining

man

sorry

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
dude that match was fine i didnt see anything i thought was super gay or anything. ICs are gay and when your entire moveset is so limited by them just being them you gotta do something right? I personally see no issue with what went down.
As far as the whole blow-up thing cant someone catch a break for being human? im sure all of you would get pissed after being CG three times in a single match.
jason actually is a really nice guy no reason to flame him at all
You act like the only way that M2K could win is by going under the stage multiple times, when he showed in that same vid that Chibo put up that he doesn't need to do that. I'm fine with him playing on stage the way he did. I only have a problem with the fact that he was going back and fortch under the stage.

I thought I referred to this in my earlier post too, but I guess I'll say it again... Yeah, I don't think it was THAT bad at the time if he did this. It didn't seem like he was trying to stall, knowing him and all that he's done. However, looking at the video, that seems like stalling. I'm not trying to flame him, I'm just saying I don't agree with what he did for a small part of the match and that it probably shouldn't be done in the future.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
YAY I HAD FUN AT THIS!!!!

1: Ally- COUSIN!!!
2: M2k- u didnt death combo me in melee, even after i asked you too....u never said no before
3: Meep- I hate your character with a passion, but you are mad good.
4: Anti- the inside of yo mask smelled like spagetti and hamburgers. lol jk.
5: Tryant- nice to meet you
6: Atomsk- your wolf is cool!!!
7: ADHD- I wonder if u smacked me in real life with a banana if I would fall.....
8: Ksizzle- I tell you this everyday......ur gay.
9: Will- u play so different from Cable. U are really good!
9: Malcolm- infinate air dodge to spot dodge combo!!!!!
9: Shadow- thanks for the MK ditto practice. =]
13: Inui- once again you are the wind beneath my wings.
13: Ninjalink- HACKER!!!!
13: Cable- SHAAAMEEEELAAAA!!!!!
17: Bum- good matches sir.
17: Mr. Clutch31- like a som boooooooo dee
17: Legendary Bleach- are set was good. u are my kryptonite. =[
17: Pierce- sorry for bothering u so much....
17: Wooj (iKon)- I LOVE YOU!!!!
25: RJ- =]
25: Kid- your Falco had his rollerblades on. good job.
33: J.G. Wentworth- meet me fifty. =]
33: Cheese- tall people unite!!!
33: BSC- u know what im gunna say.
33: Gunblade- you should never think anymore. that is why you lose.
33: Nairo- cooch
33: Umbra- I hate pit
33: Chibo Sempai- my favorite set of the day!!! we went back and forth the first 2 games. then I listened to my brain and went snake......
33: Mike G- u ***** me...
33: allied- I like you. =]
49: RizMF- u are getting better. keep working. =]
49: ***** Bobby- dont let people call you this anymore. it really isnt that funny.....
49: DeltaCod- metaknights gay
49: Doom- dont do that again plz. u worried me.
49: Nasty- my lucas brother. if we ever faced in tournament, I would definately go marth and be mad gay!!! =]
49: PRiDE- A YO!!! I shower everyday and that morning was no different. and I agree, it did smell really bad in there.
65: Papilong stick- Wolf advice: there are other attacks besides Fsmash.
65: VaJaJ- no.........
65: kingznightmare- u should have played Ganon

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ **** that. Play to win.

There are boundaries between what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in tournament play. M2K did not cross that line. I would like to see something other than "that's gay" or "it's boring" as a reason for bringing this up as an issue. Let's not continue to make Brawl a tactician's nightmare with so many limitations, people...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
since it was fairily short id say to could have also been because he was mad and needed time to cool down. im just throwing out random possiblities here. Plus we have already established that it wasnt nesseccairy to win but it helps

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
^ **** that. Play to win.

There are boundaries between what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in tournament play. M2K did not cross that line. I would like to see something other than "that's gay" or "it's boring" as a reason for bringing this up as an issue. Let's not continue to make Brawl a tactician's nightmare with so many limitations, people...
Okay, you're first part is in no way a valid point. This type of thinking also would say that infinite grabs like DDD on DK or planking (which even M2K said should be banned) would be legal.

I would say that this is not legal (just to clarify "this", going under the stage back and forth). There are reasons that planking and stalling are illegal and this seems similar to both of them. Whichever one you consider it, I think it shouldn't be legal. You also talk about a "tactician's nightmare" referring to MK possibly being limited more. However, you seem to fail to see that this move seems to creat a "tactician's nightmare" for IC. Either way you look at it, banning this move or not, there will be a "tactician's nightmare" here. I think it's less of one if it's banned, and that's part of why I say it shouldn't be allowed.

since it was fairily short id say to could have also been because he was mad and needed time to cool down. im just throwing out random possiblities here. Plus we have already established that it wasnt nesseccairy to win but it helps
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I thought it was maybe because he thought it would be fine and just wanted to get back on the platform. Still don't think it should be legal, though.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Fine...play to lose?

It's just...there really is too much talk of banning this, that, and the other thing. Is this game really so screwed up to the point of rabid banning being a requirement in order to create a poor excuse of what we consider "balance"? It's getting ridiculous at this point. All of this is coming from a Peach main, mind you. I don't even use MK.

My point is that banning so much, so quickly will INDEED result in a tactician's nightmare.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
EVERYONE PLEASE BE SURE TO COME TO TSC #2, BATTLE ROYALE II NOV 7TH FOR YOUR POINTS!!!! ( if ur not going dont post "im not going")...

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Stalling? yes or no

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It doesn't matter since the tourneys over, but what do ppl think?
srry chibo... this isn't the match people were talking about... i don't think M2K was on the stage long enough to do a tilt in the match people are referring to lolz

The Truth!

Smash Ace
but of course if anyone else does it (Dojo vs NinjaLink at CoT4 or Dojo vs larry at genesis, or dsf vs a BUNCH of people or even Plank vs Atomsk [where they rooted for plank] or spam vs a lot of people no one cares but if I do it ONCE in my life it's a huge deal.
This is what I really wonder about. It seems people are making a big deal out of this because 1: It was M2k, and 2: It was against Ice Climbers. But there's already been precedence set for this style of play long before (as quoted) against characters that aren't Ice Climbers and by people who are not M2K. Genesis even had a panel that approved it.

Which isnt to say that people should not be asking for tighter restrictions. But its really dumb that people are acting shocked when this has been going on forever. Based on the way the game is played and rules are set right now, if you enter a tournament you should not be shocked to see this happen to you. Thats especially true if you play a competitive character that is susceptible to such tactics. Even having a TO around has not, and at this point should not matter unless theyve made clear rules that differentiate from whats been done in the past.

meepxzero

Smash Master
m2k you dont get the fact you stalled me on a crucial match. You know better than i do i have to have a set lead because you should beat me on every councterpick if you play well.

I kinda gave up after losing on smashville and i was down a stock and there was no way i could win. If i beat you on yoshis you woulda just won on delphino going understage and uair/tornado spamming me. I play a very delicate character that has to win almost every first game to beat good people. I literally had no chance to win and you know it. YOU DONT GET THE FACT I SANDBAG YOU HARD EVERY ***** TIME WE PLAY! I mean why try when i know youve pretty much one uped me everytime we play? The one time ive gotten better and evened the playing field you glide under the stage to win. I mean comon your way better than that.

I was always impressed by ur effective camping strategies with mk against ice climbers. If your really gonna just glide under the stage to beat me than ive lost total respect for you and al know in my head im a better player than you are. Expect i get a TO in all our matches to tell you to stop stalling me and make the game even more frustrating for you (possibly dq you). Ive lost to mks fighting regularly. You just have to play smarter than me. The match up is even and will always be even. I dont know where in your head mk loses to ic if they fight head on. I lose to mks who are random as hell aka shadow and omni (not saying they beat me in a set but their spiractic way of playing scares the crap outta me).

You really shouldnt complain when people cheer aginst you. Everyone cheers against me usually. Hell i had a ***** guy scream like a girl on the top of his lungs when i was playing adhd. So dont complain.

Chibo that was not the match up that was in question. Ive stated this a long time ago. He ***** me in winners bracket. I forgot how effective blizzard camping was so i started doing that against him in losers final.

Youll never get respect in this game and probably more people will hate you if you continue to fight people the way you fought me. Its pretty much a glimpse in the future when you cant win ull just glide understage to win.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow Meep you're flat out being too harsh. With that much money on the line, play to win. If you had thought it was a problem, you should have called over a TO to watch the match and determine stalling.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Somebody post the video of the "alleged" gayness..

I think that what Meep and other icey's mains can do to a Metaknight is infinitely gayer and no one has a problem with that.. Anybody can do it, it really isn't that hard.. but supremely gayer..

M2K would and did destroy Meep as you all saw without the use of how he played in the last match in question so stop *****ing, you lost bro

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
More vids:

Chibo vs Gunblade 1
Chibo vs Gunblade 2

ADHD vs Anti
~Other matches of the set weren't saved but resulted in a win for Anti~

Mew2King vs Meep
~Other matches of the set weren't saved but resulted in a win for Mew2King~

Mew2King vs Anti
~Match 2 wasn't saved but resulted in a win for Mew2King~

Ksizzle vs Ally 1
Ksizzle vs Ally 2

Tyrant vs Ally 1
Tyrant vs Ally 2

Mew2King vs Ally 1
Mew2King vs Ally 2
Mew2King vs Ally 3
Mew2King vs Ally 4
Mew2King vs Ally 5

~Check out the full video thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253568

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Stalling? yes or no

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1OztKYId64M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This isn't even half as bad as I thought it would be, especially since M2K ended the match much earlier than most Brawl matches.

I guess it's your opinion if you think just about everyone sucks, Spam says the same thing, but just like him, I think you guys set your level of "good" and "suck" to high, seriously.

People need to leave M2K alone, I thought he went under the stage 20 times and ran the clock. 5 times isn't that bad, kinda gay, but holy **** have you seen plank play???? This is nothing compared to fighting Plank :laugh:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I wrote on the Internet like a child back then.

Last edited:

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I dislike brawl. Next paragraph aimed at everyone whining.

Aside from the game being terribly boring and slow, this kind of **** (*****es whining about their own ****ing game being the gayest piece of **** to ever be labeled an "action game" when someone plays it how it should be played) is why I don't like the game or its community. It's scrubby to complain about it, the only reason you would do it is if you were Meep or supported him, unless you're just scrubby. Mew2King got 2nd at this tournament and you're whining about his "gay" playstyle, which he has only used once, against IC's, who deserve it anyway? Well, guess ****ing what? You play a gay game, you get a gay playstyle. Why the **** is that so surprising? If you want to avoid gay playstyles, play a different game, or shut your mouths. You know what's gay? The Ice Climbers being able to KO every character from a grab at 0% coupled with the fact that the shield pressure in this ****ing game is 0. At least in Melee, "don't get grabbed," was a viable option without running away the whole match and spacing incredibly safe moves (which is how M2K won, which is within the boundaries of the game and by no means a violation of the rules).

I don't even give a **** if I get an infraction for this, this community is so ****ing scrubby and *****y that I don't understand why M2K hasn't just quit and gone all Melee by now.
I love you.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
That's no stalling haha, he just did it three times or something. The match took 3 minutes, why is everyone *****ing about this.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
it doesn't matter cuz if I play gay ONCE in my life then people make the biggest deal about it but if any other person does it it's good **** them or not a huge deal and they get away with it very easily
Jason stop giving a **** about what other people think...
Honestly, you playing gay just means you had more desire to win and a good sum of money was on the line so it's understandable. If anything, more people should play like that, especially when the difference between second and third is a good amount. It seems like too many people in this community play with pride, honor, whatever you wanna call it, and if you're gonna play for money, you should be ready to play "gay" at any moment.

Of course, everyone is gonna think you're the "bad guy" now, but I'm sure what the majority of the people in the community don't know is that, despite the fact that you can come off as an d*ck on the boards, in real life, you're probably one of the nicest smashers, if not, the nicest around. I hate seeing you look like a mess, it actually really worries me.
I completely agree when you say that you shouldn't quit, there's no obvious reason to. You win good amounts of money in both games, and though both games may bring you some obstacles, you still to prove to perform consistently well and they're probably your major source of income.

Oh god... I ranted.
Anyways, Jason, don't let everyone else get to you and I think me and Inui are always gonna cheer for you. Unless you're playing Ally or Atomsk, I stay neutral there :3

Listen to this fanboy xD

LEAVE MEW2KING ALONE!!!

soomebody had to say it...
robots have feelings too yo
I lol'd

Pride your avatar is pretty lesbo.
You're pretty lesbo
<3 :p

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Stalling? yes or no

Not stalling. M2K's strat was 100% legit. If ICs can't overcome the strat, that's ICs problem.

I dislike brawl. Next paragraph aimed at everyone whining.

Aside from the game being terribly boring and slow, this kind of **** (*****es whining about their own ****ing game being the gayest piece of **** to ever be labeled an "action game" when someone plays it how it should be played) is why I don't like the game or its community. It's scrubby to complain about it, the only reason you would do it is if you were Meep or supported him, unless you're just scrubby. Mew2King got 2nd at this tournament and you're whining about his "gay" playstyle, which he has only used once, against IC's, who deserve it anyway? Well, guess ****ing what? You play a gay game, you get a gay playstyle. Why the **** is that so surprising? If you want to avoid gay playstyles, play a different game, or shut your mouths. You know what's gay? The Ice Climbers being able to KO every character from a grab at 0% coupled with the fact that the shield pressure in this ****ing game is 0. At least in Melee, "don't get grabbed," was a viable option without running away the whole match and spacing incredibly safe moves (which is how M2K won, which is within the boundaries of the game and by no means a violation of the rules).

I don't even give a **** if I get an infraction for this, this community is so ****ing scrubby and *****y that I don't understand why M2K hasn't just quit and gone all Melee by now.

To summarize and back this man's post: THIS GAME IS GAY. COMPLAINING ABOUT GAY TACTICS IN A GAY GAME IS NONSENSICAL.

Top Bottom