• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
It also said that: "A likely functional reason may be that a Sonic Boom is so powerful that whoever "saw" the blast would go "blind"."
And it says there too that she can rift time and space with it, what more do you want :p?

I kinda understood the purpose of this weapon, but even super-sonic airplanes cant produce such noises, to "kill people" or animals. So i dont feel all that suportive towards the idea of a weapon that kills(and blinds) by producing ultra high sounds.

So then a quick fact: "Why does breaking the sound barrier make so much noise?"

Answer: Because when you reach a certain speed, you start breaking the oxigen molecules on the air, and those breaking up take a certain time(thats why you only listen a bit after), and atoms breaking make bad noises D:

UncleSam

Smash Master
And it says there too that she can rift time and space with it, what more do you want :p?

I kinda understood the purpose of this weapon, but even super-sonic airplanes cant produce such noises, to "kill people" or animals. So i dont feel all that suportive towards the idea of a weapon that kills(and blinds) by producing ultra high sounds.

So then a quick fact: "Why does breaking the sound barrier make so much noise?"

Answer: Because when you reach a certain speed, you start breaking the oxigen molecules on the air, and those breaking up take a certain time(thats why you only listen a bit after), and atoms breaking make bad noises D:
1) ur talking about the Sonic boom, I'm talking about either or.
2) creating a rift in space-time is possible, ever heard of a black hole or a wormhole? They can create rips in space-time. The force of the sonic boom would have to be so powerful that it makes a temp. rip in space time warping and destroying its target.
EDIT: Shouldn't you guys be in school?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Can a space-time rift happen on EARTH?
And I'm homeschooled so I get on every 10 mins or so it depends.

tocador

Smash Lord
1) ur talking about the Sonic boom, I'm talking about either or.
2) creating a rift in space-time is possible, ever heard of a black hole or a wormhole? They can create rips in space-time. The force of the sonic boom would have to be so powerful that it makes a temp. rip in space time warping and destroying its target.
EDIT: Shouldn't you guys be in school?
Nope. I today have had test, so i was release 10 in the morining. SO yeah, here i am xP! And shouldnt YOU be in school =B?

@MU: You cant just "create" a rift anywhere you want, its because it requires 2 particles ending up hitting each other is very high speeds. And when you want a rift far away from you, you need at least 2 persons shooting particles =/.

So its theoretically impossible to create a rift(far away from you) withough a second shooter ><.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Nope. I today have had test, so i was release 10 in the morining. SO yeah, here i am xP! And shouldnt YOU be in school =B?

@MU: You cant just "create" a rift anywhere you want, its because it requires 2 particles ending up hitting each other is very high speeds. And when you want a rift far away from you, you need at least 2 persons shooting particles =/.

So its theoretically impossible to create a rift(far away from you) withough a second shooter ><.
How fast is "very high speeds"?
Like faster than speed of light?

tocador

Smash Lord
And I'm homeschooled so I get on every 10 mins or so it depends.
:O......

You are home schooled lol xP? Is it fun =P?

@Holo: There isnt anything faster than speed of light.

Do you know the thing they wanted to do that could "end up destroying the world because it would create a black hole?".

I forgot the name of the experiment, but if you can remember and google it, you will find how fast the particles need to be.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ice Beam

I think it that if Samus were to use the Ice Beam, that right now the liquid nitrogen idea would be good. In Metroid Prime, she fires a chunk of ice, and in the side-scrolls, they're usually small beams. I'm not sure how solid ice being fired from an Arm Cannon would freeze enemies, but with the idea of liquid nitrogen, it can be sprayed on enemies.

Spazer Beam and Imperialist

Two weapons Samus acquires in the Metroid series seem to be laser weapons. These are the Spazer Beam and the Imperialist. I mention the Spazer Beam, because it was called the Spazer Laser Beam in the Metroid 2: Return of Samus instruction booklet, page 22. Lasers are simply light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Since it's light, it would stand to reason that it fires at the speed of light. Lasers are possible.

Plasma Beam

The Plasma Beam seems to be a weapon Samus acquired before any other video game character started to use plasma weapons. Plasma is partially ionized gas, and temperatures are extremely high, though it's possible for them to reach extreme cold temperatures of 1 mK or lower. There are different types of plasma in the Universe. Stars are made out of plasma, which also includes the Sun. The core of the Sun is 29,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightning, which is also plasma, can become as hot as 54,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Plasma Beam Charge Combo

The Charge Combo for the Plasma Beam is a flamethrower. This is plausible. People make flamethrowers just using NERF guns, and in this video, this homemade flamethrower has the range of 14 meters, or 46 feet.

Missile

I know we're giving Samus one missile to use. What about explosive gel? This kind of thing is used in Batman: Arkham Asylum. It doesn't kill, but it does stun the enemy, giving enough time to take down a few thugs before any of the others get back up.

Grapple Beam

This could simply be replaced with a grappling hook. I'm talking about the kind that is fired out, like Batman's, not something like Link's in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

And, that's just a few things I am throwing out there.

UncleSam

Smash Master
The amount of force needed to do so could destroy the earth anyway so...
I'm sick

@MU: You cant just "create" a rift anywhere you want, its because it requires 2 particles ending up hitting each other is very high speeds.
That is A way to do it.
And when you want a rift far away from you, you need at least 2 persons shooting particles =/.

Creating a rift from a black hole would mean it'd have to be in rotation. To create a black hole you'd need the force of a super nova because that rips apart the atoms in space time. So Samus' barrel of her arm cannon (where the point of exit is) would have to be rotating at the speed of a star, and fire at a force of a supernova.
Now as for firing it at a distance you can create a bomb to do the explosion for you, though it would have the power of 100's of nuclear bombs exploding at the same time in one designated area. While the Arm cannon rotates the bomb.
But that's just the Sonic boom, the annihilator is much simpler.

tocador

Smash Lord
The explosive gel is prety darn useless on a long rage fight, plus were is she storing it btw :D?

The flame thrower plausible, but only by itself. Having contained really hot material with nitrogen liquid just by its side its or:

A. A really big place

B. Unrealistic

UncleSam

Smash Master
It is a particules collider that creates big booms.

Isnt this what a rift is suposed to mean?
It's like the exact opposite dude. LHC's create collisions of protons or other sub-atomic particles to test things like the Big Bang. Creating a rift in the space time continuum needs a force so unbelievably large that it rips the fabric of space time. colliding particles and quantum mechanics are two totally different things.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ops, mistakens happens dont they xP!!!!!

Ima do my research for this and ima be back in a while, :D.
So sonic boom can only work under extreme amounts of force and rotation. I think we can agree on that.
Now Annihilator is a different case...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The explosive gel is prety darn useless on a long rage fight, plus were is she storing it btw :D?
Where is she storing the missile?

The flame thrower plausible, but only by itself. Having contained really hot material with nitrogen liquid just by its side its or:

A. A really big place

B. Unrealistic
I never said the two were going to be used by Samus. It would either be the liquid nitrogen or the flamethrower, that Samus would get to use, not both.

UncleSam

Smash Master

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I...am...so...lost here...is JOE! nerfing Samus worse than brawl did?
I think we all have different ideas of how Samus is going to be in this battle. I gave a list on the previous page. I'm not saying Samus would be using the liquid nitrogen, the laser, and the plasma weapon, although, again, plasma can reach 1 mK or lower. That's called supercooled plasma. I don't know much about wave particles or what effectiveness it would have, so I didn't say anything there. I was just trying to see how we could explain Samus' weapons or items in the world we are in now.

try talking about this. http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Fuel_gel

I bet he's trying to >_>
Fuel Gel is purely fictional.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well,it seems that she has the best armor and can club everyone with her cannon. I posted this stuff already but I guess it didn't matter.

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, she has a grappling hook

as for the anihilator beam, how is she gonna make something break the sound barrier without a sonic projector, or a barrel capable iof launching something that fast?

it's out

as for the reflector: HOLO, why would it deflect a fist, but not a rocket? They are bot physical objects with mass. Th reflector most likley was made to deflect the energy weapons of the star-fox world, and possible high-speed projectiles

things like a liquid nitrogen spray or a grappling hook would punch thru

also, it REFLECTS, no TURNS AROUND.....it doesnt need to go directly back towards the shooter, just deflect harmlessly

UncleSam

Smash Master
I feel like posting simple again.
as for the anihilator beam, how is she gonna make something break the sound barrier without a sonic projector, or a barrel capable iof launching something that fast?

it's out
Salem how'd you know? anyway a small object can be fired, it'd be better for greater acceleration and can break mach 1 better. Launching a dart through a rail gun would have a similar effect.

as for the reflector: HOLO, why would it deflect a fist, but not a rocket? They are bot physical objects with mass. Th reflector most likley was made to deflect the energy weapons of the star-fox world, and possible high-speed projectiles
you specifically said energy weapons, so concussive blasts/close combat would hurt them. lasers/energy weapons would be reflected at odd angles and such.

things like a liquid nitrogen spray or a grappling hook would punch thru
correct

also, it REFLECTS, no TURNS AROUND.....it doesnt need to go directly back towards the shooter, just deflect harmlessly
depends on the angle but other than that yeah.

UncleSam

Smash Master
while true, can samus do this?
Samus has a ****ing arm cannon.
In all seriousness, yes. Her arm cannon changes when she changes weapons no? well When she equips the Annihilator the cannon becomes longer and thinner, perfect for an accelerator.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Okay.

By the way, I am curious on the name of this one gun where the front spins around when firing bullets, because for some time I had thought that this was the rail gun. :confused:

This is a railgun, it uses an electromagnetic rail system.

this is a gatling gun, it has 4-6 rotating barrels which allows a better rate of fire.

UncleSam

Smash Master
There we go! :)
lol
IDK about what you are trying to get at (yet) But I think I'm getting it. I just have to wait for JOE's response.
EDIT: now that I look back, should've posted a second pic. for the gatling gun but w/e

JOE!

Smash Hero
could she fit it with her other weaponary?

also, the sonic boom would be a shockwave coming from where the round was expelled, like this:

(lol crude)

c= <<<<<<<

< is the wave created by the sonic boom, the c= is the projectile, the sonic boom isnt an explosion that occurs when it hits

UncleSam

Smash Master
could she fit it with her other weaponary?
It's a machine what do you think?
her arm cannon is multipurpose like some machines are. When the arm cannon changes shape, it's just moving around pieces so a weapon would work.

also, the sonic boom would be a shockwave coming from where the round was expelled, like this:

(lol crude)

c= <<<<<<<

< is the wave created by the sonic boom, the c= is the projectile, the sonic boom isnt an explosion that occurs when it hits
I went over quantam mechanics with toc. IDC if it really matters or not. Annihilator will still **** the spacies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
isnt it just a soundwave though?

besides, the only way she could do it is with the rail gun method, which wouldnt make the same effect as teh sonic boom bareley reaches past the barrel once expelled

Top Bottom