• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

XACE-K

Smash Master
XACE-K... do you really think that is good reasoning to get on a SwordsRbroken lynch?
Yeah.

I agree with you on this one. Vote: Cacti
Here he joins the Cacti wagon. Sure Riddle brought up good reasons but Swords should say something else.

Hmm, you have a point there, so i'll unvote There's probably like 3 scum and 1 indy in this game.
Now he goes back off the wagon after everyone else has because Cacti was at L-3.

I don't think we should lynch just yet. We're only about a day (not in game) into the game. I think we should take our time until at least a few days before the deadline. We shouldn't lynch one unless we're sure it will be beneficial for the town.
Now on the same day as the previous 2 posts, he know says that we shouldn't lynch just yet menawhile he was perfectly fine with voting Cacti.

My replies are in bold.
Again he says early lynches are bad.

Well, i think that the town should maximize their lynch time, so i unvoted. Sure, a quicklynch isn't bad for the town, it's like multihammering. But so far, Chaco so far has trying to stop discussion, so a chaco lynch is fine with me.
And finally he says a quicklynch isn't bad.

So from what I read on Swords, he's been very on-off about what has been going on throughout the game and I'm keeping my vote on him.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I am still completely confident with my vote on Cacti. His ineffectual questioning of Swords and his lack of any defense of all do nothing to allieviate my suspicion of him.

Also:

Cacti said:
I must've not read your post right Riddle...

I bandwagoned onto you because I had already found you suspicious and voted you to add on to the pressure to see how you would react.

KevinM, what was your original reason for voting me?
Also, this post. Why the **** would Cacti post "I agree with Riddle" whithout reading my quite small post well enough to understand what it said. Then he gives a ridiculously standard answer for bandwagoning. Seriously, how many times is the reason for someone bandwagoning "I thought you were suspicious and wanted to pressure you"?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
QUOTE=Cacti;8723787]I'm finding myself agreeing with Kevin right now, but I'd like to hear from Chaco.
You don't contribute anything to the discussion here.

Another insightful post.

and i have no idea what this one was about.

What do you mean "End the day quickly?" I've been saying that it's usually a good idea for the town to usually maximize their time to get reads on people, unless you are sure that the person is scum. And i was not trying to get a no-lynch to happen, that's crap. I will admit that i have been a little bandwagon jumpy. Quite a few of your posts contribute nothing to the discussion. From what i see, you're trying to shift the blame from yourself to someone else because you're one of the major suspects aside from Chaco. FoS:Cacti[/QUOTE]

You might be saying that you don't want a quicklynch, but your actions before have made it seem like you are trying to end the day quickly with your bandwagoning. After these bandwagons, you try to go back on yourself by constantly repeating that you don't want a quicklynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Except Phoenix Wright, and Miles Edgeworth, and Maya Fey, and Detective Gumshoe, and etc.

You want to elaborate on this?
I was looking for someone to say what you said in orange. I'm pretty **** sure that the good guys, wright/edgeworth/etc, are the mafia in this game. Simply because of the beginning flavor and the fact that my character is a criminal. I believe that every other town-alligned individual will have a bad guy as a character.

If my speculations are right, then there would be no reason for you to suggest one of the good guys could be a PR. fos: you for that.

What do you guys think? Is pierre suspect because of this?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
What? I was mafia in Dinomafia, I don't remember the nameclaim helping us determine who to kill. I'm not sure tho. In every singled themed game we played here, we ended up nameclaiming, and nameclaiming never actually helped town and in some cases it hurt us. So I figured nameclaiming now would be ok, since we will probably end up doing it anyways, and doing it early means that mafia has to stick to the fakeclaims they come up with, which may make things harder for them if they want to attempt to fakeclaim a role. [unless of course JF gave them fakeclaims] And doing it now means that later in the game we won't be as persuaded to lynch someone based off of their name. I also didn't see how mafia could determine PRs based off of the characters in this game, since all of us supposedly did some murder-related type thing. Swords brought up a good point tho. I'm about 50/50 on the nameclaim, i'm with kevin tho that relying on flavor is dumb and distracting, which is why i'd rather do it now, then sometime in lylo. Disregarding flavor completely would be cool though. Anyways, i had ulterior motives in suggesting the nameclaim.

And yea Gheb, my b. I'm just like that dunno why
Except Phoenix Wright, and Miles Edgeworth, and Maya Fey, and Detective Gumshoe, and etc.

You want to elaborate on this?
I was looking for someone to say what you said in orange. I'm pretty **** sure that the good guys, wright/edgeworth/etc, are the mafia in this game. Simply because of the beginning flavor and the fact that my character is a criminal. I believe that every other town-alligned individual will have a bad guy as a character.

If my speculations are right, then there would be no reason for you to suggest one of the good guys could be a PR. fos: you for that.

What do you guys think? Is pierre suspect because of this?
That's an interesting opinion, especially considering your own just recent statements about relying on flavor and your obvious experience in designing a themed game yourself.

I think I'll wait to hear what other people say before dismissing your FOS as only partially thought-out, though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea i don't like relying on flavor but i'm not going to completely disregard it. part of the reason why its and FOS and not a vote on you.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

I come from Borginia for concert. Found this in sheet music. Mixed up from mistake.

VOTE COUNT

Mentosman8 [1] : Marshy
SwordsRbroken [3] : Cacti, XACE-K, Gheb_01
Cacti [1] : Riddle,
Rockin [3] : KevinM, SwordsRbroken, Macman

Not voting: Sinz, Mentosman8, The_Truth, Rockin, Pierre the Scarcrow

Deadline is last minute of 11/8 EST. Takes 7/13 to lynch

EDIT: Guys, It makes it a lot easier for me to see/catchup on vote count if you put your vote outside a block of text.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
At the two things directed at me Marshy, the first being I really like the term smell me and just wanted to use it towards a fellow bro. Sorry if I threw off your scumdar in any way, I hope we can remain bros.
dodge much? i think it's clear that what was really important about my response was getting your reasoning for your cacti vote. we are still bros though

For Cacti, his change of reaction is scummy but 3 straight posts of "I agree. Vote". Did also catch my attention. I'm pretty sure mafia wouldn't just vote 3 times in a row but I just wanted to throw it out there.
well it's entirely possible that only one of them's scum or 2 are

Don't agree with those FOSes at all.
do you think rockin is pseudo scumhunting or find him scummy for them?

I am like completely against them. **** flavor. I saw we like forget about flavor this whole game and just play it down and dirty.
hell yeah brah. though i think it could be done as a last resort in a mylo/lylo situation id like to avoid one altogether and not get in that situation in the first place

more later

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Cacti said:
You might be saying that you don't want a quicklynch, but your actions before have made it seem like you are trying to end the day quickly with your bandwagoning. After these bandwagons, you try to go back on yourself by constantly repeating that you don't want a quicklynch.
Is it just me, or does cacti seem to be pushing for me to be quickly lynched?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Chaco comes off really bold in this post and it irks me. After a few days into day 1 he already believes who's town and who's not.
Again, I feel that Chaco was being arrogant and unhelpful. I still don't understand in his logic such as why he thought Gheb was confirm scum or why he wasn't contributing in the discussion. It's the first time I see him play like this. =/

The most interesting thing about the Chaco to Rockin replacement is Chaco's (90% on Day 1) confidence that Gheb is scum, and then Rockin's dismissal of this view immediately upon entry, providing two other FoSes. They (Chaco, Rockin) are the same alignment, but their opinions differ greatly in a phase where Chaco is seen as suspicious. Rockin, you don't have to worry about being linked to Chaco for sharing his suspicions. Do you find Gheb suspicious at all?
From what I read, I don't really find anything suspicious about Gheb. However, I do question at least some of his logic in his posts (like that one about outing out a PR). But so far, I don't see any scumminess with Gheb.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I unvoted Mentos quite a while ago, Jungle.

Mentosman, who are you suspicious of?
Quoting this for emphasis because I already asked mentos for his opinions and I still want to hear them.

Hi. It's Wednesday. I last posted on Sunday. It will be like this - mid-week, weekend, mid-week, weekend - unless I find more free time.
Ah, that's good to know. Then I won't mention it again.

Both of you are doing the same thing. You're basically just throwing dirt and OMGUS votes/posts at each other. Neither of you is able to explain how you're not suspicious or how the other one is wrong. Instead you just keep on dragging yourselves into an argument but you're still not contributing or posting anything construcitve.

Unvote Vote: Swords

He's pointing out how scummy Cacti is but doesn't even vote him? A few posts before I asked him a bunch of questions about the Cacti wagon, some of which he answered poorly and some of which he didn't answer at all. Your behaviour doesn't make sense for a townie.

Right now I'm OK with a Cacti/Swords lynch the most. Both have played a solid anti-town game so far and I don't see either of them helping their case - they're just at each others throats to get the other one lynched way too early but Cacti's case seems a tad more credible. Still alarmingly scummy.
I'm undecided in Rockin's case. Chaco has been playing a very destructive game so far but I'm not sure about whether he was scum or dumb. I'm going to give Rockin the benefit of doubt (for now) and assume that he just had to take the place of a VI, not a scumbag. Still got my eyes on him.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dunno why everyones ignoring what i brought up. i would think that its fairly important...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I didn't "ignore" it per se. I simply chose to not respond to it because I don't find it noteworthy. We're scumhunting, not flavourhunting. Our aim is to eliminate the mafia, not to break the game. You're FoSing Pierre because in essence you assume that his assumption, which is completely based on flavour - not what's actually happening in the game - is scummy? Do you realize how vague that whole concept is? I frankly find you more suspicious than Pierre because of that. Not only do you make yourself look like a pseudo-scumhunter but you also get loud about it and try to draw attention to it, when in actuality it's a rather minor subject. At the beginning of the game you were accusing Pierre of putting you in a bad light but right now you're doing pretty much the same.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To answer those asking who my suspicions are, I believe I stated Sinz a while back. I need to get ready for work, so I don't have time to elaborate right this minute, but I do believe I've already made a post that at least somewhat explained my suspicion of him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Right now i'm gonna go ahead and FoS: Chaco
He almost seems too confident and as I look at his posts he seems to be desperately trying to avoid suspicion ever since he's been under the spotlight.

what did you mean by this? 147 makes me think chaco was pretty upfront with those who suspected him. this looks like timid scum reaching

rockin i agree with gheb macman and truth that i'm not seeing scumminess from the sinz quote in 184

cacti how do you get swords suggesting no-lynch in the second quote of his in your 196?

I am still completely confident with my vote on Cacti. His ineffectual questioning of Swords and his lack of any defense of all do nothing to allieviate my suspicion of him.
can you elaborate on how it's scummy? i liked cacti's line of questioning summed up in 196. and what "lack of defense" are you talking about here?

huh?

Right now I'm OK with a Cacti/Swords lynch the most. Both have played a solid anti-town game so far and I don't see either of them helping their case - they're just at each others throats to get the other one lynched way too early but Cacti's case seems a tad more credible. Still alarmingly scummy.
eh i'm bothered by the hate on cacti because i don't find his thought process in regards to swords as scummy and i think his points have merit

rereading i don't find chaco/rockin scummy. scum chaco's way more timid from what i remember

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
@Marshy, he says that we should only lynch if we are completely sure that someone is scum. I say he vaguely suggests a nl, meaning that he could come back on this statement and try to go for a no lynch, saying that he's not sure.

I love how swords quotes posts against him, but doesn't clearly answer them. Scummy.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

what did you mean by this? 147 makes me think chaco was pretty upfront with those who suspected him. this looks like timid scum reaching

No use bothering with it now since our dear friend Chaco is no longer with us.
He obviously made some f**k ups while under pressure and even he admitted it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To answer those asking who my suspicions are, I believe I stated Sinz a while back. I need to get ready for work, so I don't have time to elaborate right this minute, but I do believe I've already made a post that at least somewhat explained my suspicion of him.
I don't think you actually called him suspicious in that post but OK. Do you have anything else against him except that one post you've been talking about? Rockin FoSed Sinz before in a different post - what do you think of that? Especially in regards to this quote:

rockin i agree with gheb macman and truth that i'm not seeing scumminess from the sinz quote in 184
(this is still @ mentos)
Do you base your suspicions on that post, where Sinz was parroting people or is there anything else to it? Quite frankly, I don't think him parroting is that suspicious - other players have been playing a lot worse in that regard and consistently so. Plus I still think Sinz made some decent contributions other than that.

eh i'm bothered by the hate on cacti because i don't find his thought process in regards to swords as scummy and i think his points have merit
Hence my vote on Swords, not Cacti. I still think Cacti has been acting scummy in regards to the Riddle wagon earlier toDay. Maybe I'm reading too much into that so I'll take a look at that again.

No use bothering with it now since our dear friend Chaco is no longer with us.
He obviously made some f**k ups while under pressure and even he admitted it.
You're better off answering that question or you're doing yourself a disservice later. Chaco isn't in this game anymore but the point remains.

You are not very trutworthy - all of your points have been said by other players before (Macman/me already commented on Rockin's suspicions of Sinz; your FoS on Chaco was basically just conformim at its finest) and you haven't been constructive overall. Your dialague with Macman about your username/its abbrevation looks very characteristic to your playstyle as it adds little to nothing to the whole discussion.
Do you have nothing to say about Cacti and Swords? Do you agree with mentos/rockin about Sinz being suspicious or not? Does nobody stand out to you? You haven't voted at all and you've been only using weak FoSes. Is there really so little going on in this game that you keep on sitting on the fence?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@Marshy, he says that we should only lynch if we are completely sure that someone is scum. I say he vaguely suggests a nl, meaning that he could come back on this statement and try to go for a no lynch, saying that he's not sure. again, you've brought up the same crap about me suggesting a no-lynch. I have not suggested a no lynch!

I love how swords quotes posts against him, but doesn't clearly answer them. Scummy. huh? what you just said here does not make any sense.
Cacti, you're convincing me more and more that you are scum. Unvote Vote: Cacti

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To answer you Gheb, it doesn't have to do with the post Rockin listed, and I did in fact mention my suspicion of Sinz. The problem that stood out most was his post 175 when he started going after Chaco. The post was set up in a way that made it look large and contributing, but there were none of his own ideas in it, and he ended it off by asking questions that were covered by the arguments against Chaco he was agreeing with. It seemed like fake-contributing, making a large post to look townie, but not having anything worthwhile in it.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Is it possible that one of them could be a lyncher? I understand that it would make no sense to have one (and that they're making it very obvious if there was a lyncher), but I just thought it may be possible.

dunno why everyones ignoring what i brought up. i would think that its fairly important...
It is important but I Pierre could have interpreted what you said the wrong way. Usually you'd think of the bad guys as te mafia and not the other way around.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Herm, people, tomorrow I will be away all day, as there's a con being held this weekend AND it's halloween, thus I am actually going out and doing something.

So if there are no updates tomorrow, that would be why.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just letting you guys know I am not inactive. I have two theories right now, but I need some time to write them up.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I laugh at Sword's OMGUS and his answers, one of which was to posts not even directed at him.

More to come tomorrow probably... Can't use the computer for long now.

Riddle

Smash Lord
can you elaborate on how it's scummy? i liked cacti's line of questioning summed up in 196. and what "lack of defense" are you talking about here?
Yessir. I find Cacti scummy for several reasons:

1) He did not even try to defend himself when he got bandwagoned. Kevin just kind of made the bandwagon fall apart and the game has gone from there.

2) Once he finally does say something about my point about the contradictions he basically said "Oh I guess I didn't read it". My post was like 4 sentences, and he seems like he is just trying to cover up the fact that he actually is just following the crowd.

3) He and Swords have a thing going that I don't really like at all. They're just repeating the same questions back and forth to each other and not answering them satisfactorily. The questions are dumb and the answers are just as dumb. I will give specific examples if asked. This makes Cacti and Swords seem equally scummy but Cacti has other points against him in my book.

I kinda already addressed your other points.

@ Swords

OMGUS = Oh my god you suck, and it is basically just means finding someone suspicious/voting them because they found you suspicious/voted you. It's generally seen as pretty scummy.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Swords, will you explain the reasons that you think I am scum? Saying "Cacti is getting scummier by the second" and voting me does not help, it just looks like a OMGUS.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer

A man stole away the keys my heart held on to so tight
The man that stole my heart away goes by Phoenix Wright
Oh, what passion! The words that leave my throat
He has given me something for you, a note, that counts all the votes.

VOTE COUNT

Mentosman8 [1] : Marshy
SwordsRbroken [3] : Cacti, XACE-K, Gheb_01
Cacti [2] : Riddle, SwordsRbroken
Rockin [1] : Macman
The_Truth [1]: KevinM

Not voting: Sinz, Mentosman8, The_Truth, Rockin, Pierre the Scarcrow

Deadline is the last second of 11/8 EST. Takes 7/13 to lynch

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
To answer you Gheb, it doesn't have to do with the post Rockin listed, and I did in fact mention my suspicion of Sinz. The problem that stood out most was his post 175 when he started going after Chaco. The post was set up in a way that made it look large and contributing, but there were none of his own ideas in it, and he ended it off by asking questions that were covered by the arguments against Chaco he was agreeing with. It seemed like fake-contributing, making a large post to look townie, but not having anything worthwhile in it.
why aren't you voting him? why aren't you trying to get anything done? your main suspicion is someone with little suspicion on them from most of the players and you're just sitting back not doing anything about it. also what do you think of swords/cacti?

Is it possible that one of them could be a lyncher? I understand that it would make no sense to have one (and that they're making it very obvious if there was a lyncher), but I just thought it may be possible.
if there's a lyncher we lynch them anyway. if there's a 3rd party role then we almost always lynch/vig them

i'm sad to see that jungle posted 2 votecounts on this page because that means less for later

Swords, will you explain the reasons that you think I am scum? Saying "Cacti is getting scummier by the second" and voting me does not help, it just looks like a OMGUS.
you don't have a response to riddle's 234?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Macman - To answer your question, I can't tell. It seems like he was answering who the possible Mafias are, but at the same time, it seems like he misunderstood the question. I can't make heads or tails of it. I'll have to see his post about it to get a better viewpoint of it.

Cacti - Yeah, I was just about to bring up the same question Marshy did. Arn't you going to defend yourself from riddle? >>

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just letting you guys know I am not inactive. I have two theories right now, but I need some time to write them up.
Okay I was looking through all of the posts and I couldn't really find posts to support my theories. :/

And with riddles most recent post I am finding Cacti scummier. But, I need to find more proof for myself before I vote for cacti.

Top Bottom