• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wut, i remember someone (dantarion) saying bosses where impossible to play as... HAH!

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Well, we can play as Bosses, but what about the lower ranks? I myself have been messing around with Primid (Took me forever to find one XD) but I have made little to no progress, and I just wanted to know if anyone else accomplished anything.

I have tried using the models, textures, animations, PACs, PSCs, and just about every combination of the four I can think of... All I get is that horrible beep of doom.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, playing as SSE enemies would be cool
Well from what I have discovered so far is that it is currently impossible to use SSE characters models on top of standard characters. My original plan was to put a Primid model on top of Luigi, and then remix his moveset to make a new one for the primid. The only little snag is that the enemies from SSE don't have the standard bone structure that normal characters do, and so it can't match the two up. This is the best guess I have anyways, and I think it applies to the assist trophies and Pokemon as well since I know people have tried both of those.

So, what I did next was I went through the painful process of extracting each of Primid's animations individually (I can put these up for download upon request). I tried overlaying Luigis animations with the ones of the Primid, just because I figured the bones on the Primid model would match up to the ones in the animation for the Primid. Anyways, it still didn't work, but I think I was on to something there.

Once we get at least one of these characters working (SSE, Assists, Pokemon), then the rest should follow. But for now, if you have any idea on this matter, then post it please!

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I have gotten assist trophies to swap, a primid should be much the same. It involved editing the bones used in the animations, nothing with the character itself.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I have gotten assist trophies to swap, a primid should be much the same. It involved editing the bones used in the animations, nothing with the character itself.
Did you get Shadow to swap with Sonic? Could I request that particular pac from you if it's possible? I've wanted that forever

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone is wondering about where to find the Primid texture parts, you need to access the file, adventure_common.arc, which is a compressed file.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Weird thing is, why didn't they include all the enemies in there, not just repeat enemies in a lot of the pacs.
I know. It would make things a lot easier for me with my Enemy Texture Project. Because of the multiple PAC files that the enemies are in, I had to set up my download so that it contained the PNG texture parts of the enemies.

Too bad that not everyone has SmashBox experience, which probably explains why my project hasn't been a big attraction.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I (And Thunderspam, who originally had the idea) tried over and over to get Primid to work, to no avail. TS saw the model in game ONCE, then never again. And I at least got Pit to T Stance with one of his animations. xD

If you can get him working then do.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Alright... But what I don't quite get is that I am using the bones of the Primid in the first place, not of Luigi whom the Primid replaces. So the bones should match the animations fine, since I am using the animations that belong to the Primid as well.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways. I'll take a look at it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Where can I get the boss pacs (without an ISO). The normal ones, not the ones that are on a different character.

Also, someone should make a tool that takes models from other games and converts them to Brawl's format, or, has someone already done that and I don't know about it? If someone hasn't already, then I would do it, if it weren't for the fact that I don't know how to create anything like that. (If someone would like to PM me and pass on their knowledge of program creation, I would definitely work on it.)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
That's awesome. Does he move like that? (Standing, lol)
He would have to because he does not have a walking animation, but he does have some standing animations he could give him through animation swapping, and some attack animations. I did this for Dialga. (Which started out awesome, but then all of the blue on him became transparent after I gave him a moveset in PSA.)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Right now Pharrox is working on a Model Converter, but we already have a model importer...but only for a certain type of model(mdl0, or something along those lines). That is how we have been putting bosses in as playable characters.

And to find the PAC list, just search the forum for "All Brawl Files" and go to the mediafire archive in the thread. You should be able to find them after some digging around.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, I can't seem to find the Boss data in the Mediafire archive. Where are they located at?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
And to find the PAC list, just search the forum for "All Brawl Files" and go to the mediafire archive in the thread. You should be able to find them after some digging around.
I've been to the place you're talking about, and the boss pacs are not there.

EDIT: They are actually in the SSE levels. When you open one with Brawlbox you will see that the bosses are in there.

And I knew what Pharrox was working on, but does it convert models from other games? (Such as Ratchet and Clank.)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Right now Pharrox is working on a Model Converter, but we already have a model importer...but only for a certain type of model(mdl0, or something along those lines). That is how we have been putting bosses in as playable characters.

Wrong, we don't have an importer. Pharrox is still working on that. We've been swapping them with BrawlBox. The importer and the converter are the same thing.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Wrong, we don't have an importer. Pharrox is still working on that. We've been swapping them with BrawlBox. The importer and the converter are the same thing.
Well, is anyone working on a tool to convert files from other games? As I said, I definitely would if no one else is and if someone could tell me how to create something like that, or give me a link to someplace I could learn how to.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, is anyone working on a tool to convert files from other games? As I said, I definitely would if no one else is and if someone could tell me how to create something like that, or give me a link to someplace I could learn how to.
If the extractor can convert the models from that game into .DAE the importer can convert then back into Brawl's format. Otherwise you'll have to make you own or find a .DAE of it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If the extractor can convert the models from that game into .DAE the importer can convert then back into Brawl's format. Otherwise you'll have to make you own or find a .DAE of it.
I already have some models from other games, all I need to know is how to convert them or create a converter for them, which I don't know how to do. Is there already a converter for making 3DS files into .DAE files? As I've said I would definitely create one if I knew how to...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I already have some models from other games, all I need to know is how to convert them or create a converter for them, which I don't know how to do. Is there already a converter for making 3DS files into .DAE files? As I've said I would definitely create one if I knew how to...
If you have Collada and you can open that format in 3ds Max/Maya you can export it in DAE format.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I've heard about this Collada thing, but I don't know anything about it. Where can I get it? Also, can I do the same thing in Blender? Because I think 3DS Max is 3,500 dollars. (At least, the one I saw was.)
If you have the newest version of Blender it should have Collada built in, so you can export in .DAE format. For 3ds Max there's always the choice of being a dirty pirate to get it (but I don't recommend it >:^U )

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Why won't the Ridley model show up? I've got the latest File Patch code and wanted to try using the modified "Ridley-Mario" file. Named it FitMario.pac and saved it in the following dir on my SD card: private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter/mario, but no dice. I just get that tiny Mario mentioned in this thread. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom