• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Swords, will you explain the reasons that you think I am scum? Saying "Cacti is getting scummier by the second" and voting me does not help, it just looks like a OMGUS.
Aside from Riddle's point, you have contributed nothing to the discussion, you have been pushing for someone (mainly me) to be lynched quickly, and you don't have that good of a reason. You still haven't defended yourself against Riddle, which makes me think even more that you are scum.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Swords, all you are doing is grasping at straws to explain your poor OMGUS.

You say that I have contributed nothing to discussion, which I obviously have. This is a very bad point, as I have started this argument, haven't I? "Pushing a lynch?" I've been pushing a lynch, but I do this by responding to your posts and calling out what I think is scummy, because I think you are scum. I have not been able to answer Riddle as I have not been able to use the computer for long until now. I've only been able to pop in and check on things. All of your points are horrible, except for the one that isn't yours: You say that one of your reasons is agreeing with Riddle. This is the only valid one, and if you thought this, then why did you unvote me in the first place, if you thought that I was scummy because of this? To try to cover yourself.

@Riddle, I'd like you to give your examples of Sword and I's "dumb questions and answers".

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Swords you have 3 votes on you right now. Do you have nothing to say about that at all? You're just blaming Cacti right now and point out his scumminess but you have yet to respond to any accusations yourself. By not responding to these accusations you give us the impression that you don't take these votes serious. Don't you think you should try to convince us that you are town instead of just ignoring it?

Cacti, you're in the same boat. Mind responding to 234?

Sinz there's a lot of talk about you going on right now and you have nothing of substance to say? Mentos openly calls you suspicious and Rockin has FoSed you before. What are your responses? Why do you find Cacti scummy now? Wasn't he scumy before to you? What made you change your mind? You are very vague. You say "you need more proof" for yourself before you vote him. What kind of "proof" do you need to vote for somebody?

The Truth when will you answer Marshy's question from 220?

:059:

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Riddle to first post his examples as to why Sword's and I's questions are dumb, and then I'd like to respond to those.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
...what? I hit enter to space down and I did not mean to post that. Continuing the post here.

@Sinz, I'd like you to say the two theories you had even if you have no evidence. You haven't contributed much to discussion, just posting things that seem like you are, as other people have said.

@Rockin, have your foses changed now? It's been 3 days (I think) since you posted them, and I'd like to hear what you have to say about Sword's and I's debate.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
...what? I hit enter to space down and I did not mean to post that. Continuing the post here.

@Sinz, I'd like you to say the two theories you had even if you have no evidence. You haven't contributed much to discussion, just posting things that seem like you are, as other people have said.

@Rockin, have your foses changed now? It's been 3 days (I think) since you posted them, and I'd like to hear what you have to say about Sword's and I's debate.
One of them was something that happened in the first mafia game on smashboards. It was a strategy by Commonyoshi. He was constantly being supported by one of the mafia members. However, common wasn't mafia. He was an active player and you could still pin him as mafia if you needed to. If we lynched that mafia player our suspicions would have been turned IMMEDIATELY to Common.

I just had noticed that a few people had been defending me, and it just seemed like they were defending me out of nowhere.

I have to run to catch the bus. I have plans this afternoon and I will be back in the evening. I will post the other theory then.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Swords you have 3 votes on you right now. Do you have nothing to say about that at all? You're just blaming Cacti right now and point out his scumminess but you have yet to respond to any accusations yourself. By not responding to these accusations you give us the impression that you don't take these votes serious. Don't you think you should try to convince us that you are town instead of just ignoring it?

Cacti, you're in the same boat. Mind responding to 234?

Sinz there's a lot of talk about you going on right now and you have nothing of substance to say? Mentos openly calls you suspicious and Rockin has FoSed you before. What are your responses? Why do you find Cacti scummy now? Wasn't he scumy before to you? What made you change your mind? You are very vague. You say "you need more proof" for yourself before you vote him. What kind of "proof" do you need to vote for somebody?

The Truth when will you answer Marshy's question from 220?

by more proof I mean I need to read more on him personally. I don't want to just be depending on everyone else. I will take everything into consideration though. REALLY GOTTA RUN.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Oh can I like ask how I made the bandwagon fall apart?
Yeah, you told people to not bandwagon Cacti to L-3 and then people (Macman) unvoted and then everyone else is like oh well this is useless and unvote. I'm not saying its scummy, but it did take some pressure off of Cacti.

Cacti said:
I'd like Riddle to first post his examples as to why Sword's and I's questions are dumb, and then I'd like to respond to those.
Okay, here we go:

Cacti said:
In this post, you say that you don't want to lynch anyone unless it will be beneficial for the town. Then why did you put me at L-3, a bad position where I may be lynched?
Really? I can see someone saying that at L-1 or maybe L-2, but L-3? You aren't in a position to get lynched at L-3 this early in the day. And this post relies on the assumption that you are in fact town, which isn't guaranteed at all.

SwordsRBroken said:
Is it just me, or does cacti seem to be pushing for me to be quickly lynched?
No ****, Cacti wants you lynched. That's why his vote is on you and he keeps quoting your posts and asking you questions. The quickly part makes no sense though. Just because someone has their vote on you doesn't mean that they want you quickly lynched.

Cacti said:
Swords, will you explain the reasons that you think I am scum?
Cacti says this, even after this:

SwordsRBroken said:
What do you mean "End the day quickly?" I've been saying that it's usually a good idea for the town to usually maximize their time to get reads on people, unless you are sure that the person is scum. And i was not trying to get a no-lynch to happen, that's crap. I will admit that i have been a little bandwagon jumpy. Quite a few of your posts contribute nothing to the discussion. From what i see, you're trying to shift the blame from yourself to someone else because you're one of the major suspects aside from Chaco. FoS:Cacti
and this:

SwordsRBroken said:
I agree with you on this one. Vote: Cacti
Where he agrees with my point. (I know this isn't Swords' own point but its still a reason he finds Cacti scummy.)

Finally:

Cacti said:
After, he vaguely suggests a no lynch.
Cacti says that Swords is suggesting a No lynch, because of (I believe) this post:

SwordsRBroken said:
Well, i think that the town should maximize their lynch time, so i unvoted. Sure, a quicklynch isn't bad for the town, it's like multihammering.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with suggesting a no lynch. It is actually a good, if unoriginal, point saying that town should not lynch to quickly and maximize discussion.

Gogogo Cacti.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you told people to not bandwagon Cacti to L-3 and then people (Macman) unvoted and then everyone else is like oh well this is useless and unvote. I'm not saying its scummy, but it did take some pressure off of Cacti.

Okay, here we go:

Really? I can see someone saying that at L-1 or maybe L-2, but L-3? You aren't in a position to get lynched at L-3 this early in the day. And this post relies on the assumption that you are in fact town, which isn't guaranteed at all.

What I was saying is that while L-3 is not a position where I would likely get lynch, there is a chance. I also had brought up another point that Swords said that he only lynches people if it is 100% beneficial to town, and as he unvoted after, it is clear that he is not sure.

No ****, Cacti wants you lynched. That's why his vote is on you and he keeps quoting your posts and asking you questions. The quickly part makes no sense though. Just because someone has their vote on you doesn't mean that they want you quickly lynched.

Cacti says this, even after this:

I said this as Swords said things I had said had made him think that I was scummier, I wanted to know what they were.

and this:

Where he agrees with my point. (I know this isn't Swords' own point but its still a reason he finds Cacti scummy.)

Finally:

Cacti says that Swords is suggesting a No lynch, because of (I believe) this post:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with suggesting a no lynch. It is actually a good, if unoriginal, point saying that town should not lynch to quickly and maximize discussion.

Gogogo Cacti.
Responses in bold.

For your last point, it was actually this post that I was referring to:

I don't think we should lynch just yet. We're only about a day (not in game) into the game. I think we should take our time until at least a few days before the deadline. We shouldn't lynch one unless we're sure it will be beneficial for the town.
What I was saying was that he could come back on this and say that no one is sure that lynching [insert person here] would be 100% beneficial to town and suggest a no lynch.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, the Sinz fos is slowly dieing, however the swords one is still going strong.

Even though I find both of Cacti's and Sword's behavior somewhat scummy, I'm leaning more onto the swords lynch. It just doesn't seem like he could make up his mind whether he's doing the Cacti lynch to randomly bandwagon, or to actually scumhunt. I'm leaning on the first one. A few of Sword's post contridict themselves. Not to mention he's been more heavily focused on the Cacti lynch instead of defending himself,

So I feel more incline to a Swords lynch then a Cacti one

Vote: SwordsRBroken

Macman, in terms of Pierre's post to yours, I don't know whether to make heads or tails to it. It seems like he was answering your question, but at the same time he may have mistaken your post. I'll have to see another response to it from him in order to see it more clearly.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
One of them was something that happened in the first mafia game on smashboards. It was a strategy by Commonyoshi. He was constantly being supported by one of the mafia members. However, common wasn't mafia. He was an active player and you could still pin him as mafia if you needed to. If we lynched that mafia player our suspicions would have been turned IMMEDIATELY to Common.

I just had noticed that a few people had been defending me, and it just seemed like they were defending me out of nowhere.
First paragraph: I don't think that such a simple "trap" would actually work in this game. Are you familiar with the concept of "WIFOM"? If so then you should be told that the tactic you described is WIFOM par excellence and is dealt with extremely carefully.

Second paragraph: Again you're vague. I understand that a lot of people - including myself - have argued against Rockin's FoS on you but where's the line between "arguing a point" as we did and "defending" as the mafia did in that first mafia game? Is there a difference between those to things? Out of the people, who "defended" you, who stood out the most? What does "defending you out of nowhere" even mean? Are you implying that Rockin's FoS against you was actually justified?

Well, the Sinz fos is slowly dieing, however the swords one is still going strong.
Can you please be more specific? What made you change your mind about Sinz? A FoS doesn't "just die" like that without any solid arguments. Care to elaborate?

Even though I find both of Cacti's and Sword's behavior somewhat scummy, I'm leaning more onto the swords lynch. It just doesn't seem like he could make up his mind whether he's doing the Cacti lynch to randomly bandwagon, or to actually scumhunt. I'm leaning on the first one. A few of Sword's post contridict themselves. Not to mention he's been more heavily focused on the Cacti lynch instead of defending himself,

So I feel more incline to a Swords lynch then a Cacti one

Vote: SwordsRBroken
I actually don't think Cacti is that scummy anymore. His 242 has lots of merit and looking back at the Riddle wagon I think he was rather playing careless than scummy.
I'd actually rather lynch the Truth via my reasoning from earlier. Cacti has been more productive and imo he has done quite a lot to convince us that he's not scum. Truth has done absolutely nothing of that sort and he refuses to answer legitimate questions.

Macman are you still FoSing Pierre? Anybody else suspicious to you?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Responses in bold.

For your last point, it was actually this post that I was referring to:

What I was saying was that he could come back on this and say that no one is sure that lynching [insert person here] would be 100% beneficial to town and suggest a no lynch.
This actually convinces me for now. One of my main problems with you was your complete and total lack of defense and this reasoning seems pretty sound. I haven't totally forgetten about you, mosly because of your initial skimming/contradictory play, but you've satisfied me for now.

Unvote

I have to do some re-reading now and find how I think is playing scummily.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You say you find other people suspicious. Care to explain who and why? You keep making statements like this with absolutely no reasoning behind them. I don't know how many times we're going to have to tell you to provide reasoning.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Do not fear! It is I, Wesley Stickler, student of the science department at Ivy University! Using my intricate knowledge of the scientific method, I bring you all a present of sorts. Here, please do have it!

VOTE COUNT
Mentosman8 [1] : Marshy
SwordsRbroken [4] : Cacti, XACE-K, Gheb_01, Rockin
Cacti [1] : SwordsRbroken
The Truth [1] : KevinM
Rockin [1] : Macman

Not voting: Sinz, Mentosman8, The_Truth, Pierre the Scarcrow

Deadline is the last second of 11/8 EST. Takes 7/13 to lynch

XACE-K

Smash Master
I know I haven't posted in a while but I was sick for the past days. I'm still a little weary but it's not V/LA -worthy.

But I will say that Swords really needs to focus more of his attention on the other people who have voted him. He's got 4 votes on him but is only replying to Cacti. With every post Swords makes, the scummier I find him to be.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
non voters should get off their butts and get some more mentos and truth votes. i don't see the swords wagon as scum driven but need to reread to decide if i agree that he's the play

macman why are you voting rockin?

i agree that swords' tunneling is unhealthy

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I still think Chaco was acting hella scummy. and your "chaco doesn't act so forceful as scum" doesn't convince me. But I will get on a truth wagon if need be. I share your opinion with the scum wagon.

vote: T_T

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And rockin's posts have yet to do anything to help Chaco's case. I haven't been reading the game too closely tho, and I'll come back to all this once Pierre responds.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm starting to see where people think Swords is scummy, not sure I want to place my vote just yet though. He is fairly new, and I could see a lot of what he's done as being newbie errors, not necessarily scummy ones. I'd like to hear more from him for sure.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Second paragraph: Again you're vague. I understand that a lot of people - including myself - have argued against Rockin's FoS on you but where's the line between "arguing a point" as we did and "defending" as the mafia did in that first mafia game? Is there a difference between those to things? Out of the people, who "defended" you, who stood out the most? What does "defending you out of nowhere" even mean? Are you implying that Rockin's FoS against you was actually justified?
No, I am not. I just was finding it strange for other people to be defending me when I haven't really done anything. Everything I seem to find gets found by someone else first. So, I end up just agreeing with people a lot. I am too slow.

FOS: SwordsRBroken

I am voting Cacti, if you want I drag up the posts that I agree with. It is just that each point has already been brought up.

Vote: Cacti

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No, I am not. I just was finding it strange for other people to be defending me when I haven't really done anything. Everything I seem to find gets found by someone else first. So, I end up just agreeing with people a lot. I am too slow.

FOS: SwordsRBroken

I am voting Cacti, if you want I drag up the posts that I agree with. It is just that each point has already been brought up.

Vote: Cacti
Crap mixed people up in my head
Should have previewed the post.

Fos:Macman
This is just because I am still suspicious of him

UNVOTE
VOTE:SwordRbroken

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Wow, this swords wagon really needs to stop here. I keep forgetting Ace is in this game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
unvote Swords

He's at L-1 now and he has yet to reply to any accusation except Cacti's. I'd rather wait to hear if he has anything to say about that before we lynch him just like that. Way too early to do that.
I also find it really strange how nobody seems to be against his lynch and I'm pretty sure that most people have been suspicious of him at some point or another toDay. This makes me inclined to believe that he's town or at least not mafia. Can't see mafia bussing him this early and so quickly.

I find Rockin's and Sinz's votes on Swords questionable and I want them to elaborate more on that, especially Sinz.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
agree with gheb.
I don't think either cacti or swords is the lynch for today.

XACE-K

Smash Master
agree with gheb.
I don't think either cacti or swords is the lynch for today.
They might be if their arguement still continues.

Anyway, 2 questions I have that I want answered (to help with getting reads on people for me).

@Sinz & Truth: Have you played mafia on other sites before? I haven't seen you play at SWF before and I don't play at EpicMafia (made an account but never really used it).

@Sinz: Who are the people that you say are protecting you? I'm looking at your posts and the ones before and after them but I don't see anything.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I was busy this weekend. I'm going to re-read the thread after school, and then answer those questions.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why policylynch him when there are legitimate reasons to vote him?

Vote The_Truth via my reasoning from 224. Still expecting answers from Swords.

Anyway, 2 questions I have that I want answered (to help with getting reads on people for me).

@Sinz & Truth: Have you played mafia on other sites before? I haven't seen you play at SWF before and I don't play at EpicMafia (made an account but never really used it).

@Sinz: Who are the people that you say are protecting you? I'm looking at your posts and the ones before and after them but I don't see anything.
Do you have anything useful to say or are you just repeating the same old for the 1000th time?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Seems like i'm not taking this seriously enough. Posting now so i dont get penalized. I'll be back later when i'm done work and answer everyone's questions. >_>

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Unofficial current vote count (7/13):
SwordsRbroken [4] Cacti, XACE-K, Rockin, Sinz
The Truth [3] KevinM, Macman, Gheb_01
Mentosman8 [1] Marshy
Cacti [1] SwordsRbroken

Not voting [4] Mentosman8, The_Truth, Pierre the Scarecrow, Riddle

The current Straw Poll:
  1. Pierre the Scarecrow
    [*]Macman
    [*]Gheb_01
    [*]Marshy
    [*]KevinM

[*]Rockin
    [*]Riddle
    [*]XACE-K

[*]Cacti
    [*]SwordsRbroken
    [*]Sinz
    [*]Mentosman
    [*]The_Truth

Macman, Gheb, Marshy looking pretty good right now.

I'm pretty surprised that Macman's flavor comments got the complete cold shoulder that they did. Its not good to lynch solely based on flavor, but I thought he actually had something going there and then absolutely no one commented on it (except for Gheb, when asked by Macman). Initially, SwordsR Gheb, and Mentos all posted their opinions againstt a mass name-claim, but after the orange-yellow quote development they did not. Macman, I did not misunderstand anything (like XACE-K, maybe Rockin said I may have possibly done). You said we should mass name-claim because you didn't think it could hurt any of the town power roles, and I protested because I said it could hurt Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Maya Fey, Pearls, Detective Gumshoe, Lotta Hart, etc. Some of those are kind of shoo-ins for role-powers. I would include other defendants in that list, like Larry Butz, Oldbag, etc. etc. You stated you think the "good guys" (Wright & Co.) team are the mafia, because the opening posts talked about people breaking out of jail. But it also talked about Phoenix being their target. To be quite honest, I don't know if the "good guys" are the mafia. I know that some bad guys are town, that is for sure. You stated that you're a criminal and you're town. I'm fine with that. But it seems like there are a lot of "good guys" who would be in the mafia - if Wright, Maya, and Edgeworth were the mafia, for instance, then that could leave Gumshoe, Girlie von Karma, Daddy von Karma, etc. as town aligned flavor-screws. And then there are some people who have been sentenced who don't really hold ill will towards Phoenix Wright (Prosecutor Godot) or have strange relationships with Phoenix Wright (Dahlia Hawthorne). It could have been a good discussion, because obviously we each individually have but one piece of information, and I think it could still be a bit salvaged, but it was literally looked over by almost everyone.

*Click*

“They know. They know we want Wright.”

“He’s never failed to figure out who’s at the bottom of crimes! We have to get him before he gets us!”

“What if one of us cracks under the pressure? He’s tough, he has eyes, ears all over the place!”

“Then you will suffer the same fate as Wright.”

This dialogue is what we're talking about; specifically, I would like to emphasize the second half that I have bolded. "You will suffer the same fate as Wright," does that not imply that the criminals are divided by motive? Possibly, by alignment?

Gheb is on point. Mentosman posted a sort of fluffy update about how he needed to spend more time thinking but he noted he suspected Sinz. Then, Gheb asked him specifically for his FOSes. Mentosman hadn't responded yet, so I echoed this request. Mentosman then responded, stating that he remembered distinctly saying he suspected Sinz, though in actuality he only mentioned it in passing, with weak accusation, no FOS, no vote. Gheb noted that, which I was planning to note in my read, which I like to see.

A few people are asking mass-questions, but Marshys seem consistently legitimate, looking for specific answers as opposed to simply asking a question about a statement. In contrast, when Macman took back a statement, Sinz asked him why. Macman's reasoning can almost be inferred, and if not, I don't understand what you accomplish by asking him his motives for retracting an opinion/question.

KevinM looking okay too.

I have a bit of trouble following KevinM's opinions, because he is very, very succinct. It is nice to be concise (and fine to rhyme), but I have a bit of trouble following exactly why you make certain decisions. You're voting, and when you do say things they are strong opinions, which is more than I can read from most everyone else. However, I wish you would explain things more instead of putting down your actions seemingly passively. It would help me. But you're looking okay right now too. You built a really detailed and good case on Chaco in post #148, so I know you can thoroughly explain your reasoning all the time, and it would also keep Marshy from spending time asking you to explain your actions and allow him to focus on everyone else. That sounds like a good thing.

Chaco Rockin seems to be floundering Town.

I think everyone in the game noted suspicion of Chaco (specifically: KevinM, Cacti, Sinz, SwordsR, and The_Truth all either voted for or FOSed him). Chaco looked terrible. What he said made neither logical nor semantic sense and he more or less issued commands and remained (possibly purposefully) ambiguous. Rockin replaced in and retracted basically all of Chaco's opinions. Rockin double FOSed SwordsR and Sinz, pointing out that SwordsR likes to bandwagon, and basically a FOS-chainsaw defense (though not really scummy) of Macman by FOSing Sinz for FOSing Macman. I'm okay with that. I'm also okay to assume that, as Marshy has noted, Chaco is more timid as scum. I can see that pre-endgame situation in Newbie #1 when he flipped a proverbial shit. In #251 Rockin states that his FOS of Sinz is dying and his FOS of Swords is still living strong, and voted SwordsR. He also said he can't make heads or tails of my flavor discussion with Macman. Rockin, how do you feel about The_Truth, Mentosman, and Cacti, and why do you fail to understand a simple flavor discussion? Answer those two questions and you are golden.

Riddle can be golden, too.

I agree with your concern that Cacti basically agreed with you in #67, and then pulled a U-turn and said you were scummy for what he previously agreed with you on in #82. You voted for Cacti (with Macman and SwordsR applying bandwagon pressure immediately after), and I'm okay with that. Your #249 analysis of the obvious SwordsR v Cacti beef is pretty good too and not just repeating facts but extrapolating information. However, you now seem satisfied with Cacti. With your retraction of your hunt on Cacti, I find myself at a loss for what you actually think right now, and your current opinions are important.

XACE-K needs to fill in the blanks.

Your post #135, although very late, showed a very good understanding of the current game. You had obviously read and and comprehended what was going on, and expressed this comprehension. You then disappeared again. In post #198 you voted for SwordsR for flip-flopping (actually, more like bandwagoning IMO) and FOSed Rockin for inheriting a specifically bad post by Chaco. You then quickly explained your vote on SwordsR in #201 for me: mostly disagreeing with SwordsR's bandwagoning+voting+unvoting patterns, finding SwordsR still scummy for ignoring things. Okay. Your vote is still currently on SwordsR, but you have yet to comment on some of the other things going on in the thread - specifically, what do you think about Cacti and The_Truth, and possibly Sinz?

SwordsRbroken needs to be more, and to pay attention.

Your playstyle is heavy on bandwagon. After reading your only game (correct me if that's wrong) on Smashboards, Ronike's Test Subject Mafia, you saw the power of bandwagoning first hand as your downfall. Your playstyle makes sense, then. You voted Cacti for Riddle's reasons in 120, after Macman did, presumably to apply pressure and give the bandwagon some real strength. Why, then, did you get off after Gheb questioned your reasoning (without explicitly telling you to get off)?

You are very pro-pressure bandwagon. But you need to be more than that. Your pro-Cacti-bandwagon vote has garnered you a Cacti vote, an XACE-K vote, and a Rockin vote. Sinz is voting you too.

In #211, then, you responded to Cacti's opinions on you, but ignored XACE-K's.

Also, you stated that you think this game is probably 3 scum and 1 indy. Doesn't that seem a little tilted towards scum to you? And why do you think there's an indy?

Tell me what you think about XACE-K, Sinz, and The_Truth, apart from your main Cacti suspicion.

Cacti has some 'splaining to do.

Your entrance to the game was a bad one. #67 was simply "What Riddle said," followed by #82's "I agree that Marshy says Riddle is wrong!" and a FOS and later vote on Riddle. Blatant waffle. In #129 you simply state that you must have misunderstood what Riddle said, but I don't really follow how that is possible. Thats #1.

Later, in #155, you stated "I find myself agreeing with Kevin right now, I'd like to hear from Chaco," when KevinM's two main suspicious were Chaco... and you. You did not address his suspicions of you, you simply agreed with his suspicions of Chaco. Thats #2.

You had pretty good reasoning in #141 vs. SwordsRbroken, but he easily dismissed hsi behavior as bandwagoning (and not necessarily the bad kind) in 143. Now in #244 you say Sinz contributes little to nothing to discussion, which is true.

So where do you stand, Cacti? You are the current spearhead on the SwordsR lynch. Is this where you still stand? And what do you think about my current Straw Poll?

Sinz, Mentosman, and The_Truth do not contribute, though they could each step up in their own right.

In #140, Sinz voted Macman for weak reasons and FOSed SwordsR due to misunderstanding his not-lynch-yet attitude as no-lynch pushing. Weak. In #151 you unvote Macman, and accept that you misread SwordsR. Later, you say you have two theories you want to pursue, and while the one you stated could be a decent scumhunting route, it is made of WIFOM and you admit to not even being able to apply it to this game. And, I think that's it, except you still vote SwordsR. I really need to know what page you are on, Sinz. Go ahead and tell me how you feel about the people in this game, specifically, and why you feel that way, specifically. You need to put more on record.

Mentosman is gone, for the most part, and I dont like that. #107 is just an "I know its already been said..." which seems to sum up Mentosman just fine this game. Your FOS on Sinz in #142 is almost okay, but you don't act on it. #262 you say you are starting to see what is scummy about SwordsR, but you dont act on it. You don't comment on Sinz to follow up on what you feel about him, and you ignore Cacti or The_Truth, who are also in this game and I expected you to say at least something about them. Where are you? Go through this list and say what you agree/disagree with, apart from just my analysis of you specifically. You probably hold the most room for improvement on this list.

The_Truth is fairly facepalm a lot, and scummy the rest of the time. "I thought I told you that already" statement that was never verified. "This is probably gonna blow up in my face," weird+bad attitude. Why does it blow up in your face, because it should, because you're scum and you know it? Etc. You then said "Bandwagoning without reasoning seems suspicious to me," but didn't specify who you were talking about, when it was obviously Chaco, and therefore you didn't FOS or vote anyone. Then, when questioned about that, you stated specifically "everyone who did it," when it was really JUST Chaco. In #127 you said that the points raised against Cacti were legit, but you still didn't vote. In #190 you felt the need to "remind" Rockin that he replaced into a suspicious spot. Weird.

You basically add nothing. You don't do anything, and you say weird things. To compound this, The_Truth has recently attracted the votes of 3 people that I separately think are all Town aligned.

With this, I think all of my stances are very clear. Therefore, I'm not going to specifically FOS anyone.

vote: The_Truth

This should put him at L-2. Obviously, I look forward to reading responses to what I said in this analysis, especially when specifically requested, before the Day ends or a pre-lynch claim happens.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Still expecting answers from Swords.
Alright, here they are.

Yet again you didn't answer my questions.

Besides why would town want to minimize their lynch time if they get evidence on who's scum as a trade off? I really want you to answer that alongside the other question because so far your behaviour has been very confusing tbh and your posts have little substance:059:
The thing is, you never can have too much evidence that someone is scum. It's usually a good idea for the town to maximize the day period. Even if you are sure that [insert person] is scum and he is going to be lynched, you still could look for other people's scummy behavior and question them as well. Who knows, maybe if they seem like scum you can lynch person a day 1, get the cop to investigate person b night 1, and still question that person day 2. To sum it up, even if you are sure person a is scum, you can still question (and possibly lynch) person b who is also scum.

You say I do have a point. Do I really? What's wrong with putting somebody at L-3? Mafia can quicklynch, okay. Is that a bad thing? Wouldn't they out themselves very early? How is that not benifical for town?

I never told you to unvote. I was merely asking whether you think you did the right thing or not. Your unvote implies that you think you were wrong but what makes you think so? Were you really wrong to put him @ L-3? You shouldn't let yourself be so easily manipulated - I'm only asking questions after all.
It would be awesome though if the scum quick-lynched someone, as it would be multi-hammering.

Agreeing with somebody about a certain player being suspicious is one thing. Putting him @L-3 on the other hand without even giving Cacti a chance to respond, with little discussion about it and this early in the game is a whole different story. Do you realize that with 3 scumbags around they *could* choose to quicklynch Cacti? 3 Scumbags in a 13 player game doesn't seem far off don't you agree? Do you think it was the right thing to do to put Cacti @ L-3 this early and with so little discussion?
It probably wasn't the right thing to do there. As for the scum estimates, it doesn't seem that far off, there may be a indy as well. It may go like: 2 or 3 scum, 1 or no indy, 7 vanilla townies and 3 townie power roles.

As for Cacti, you're still suspicious to me. Your questioning of me was rather weak. What are your thoughts on Rockin, Xace, Sinz, and T_T?

T_T seems to be lurking, and when he does post, he posts no ideas of his own. I'm going to give him a chance to answer all those questions before i take any actions though.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Pierre the Scarecrow said:
SwordsRbroken needs to be more, and to pay attention.

Your playstyle is heavy on bandwagon. After reading your only game (correct me if that's wrong) on Smashboards, Ronike's Test Subject Mafia, you saw the power of bandwagoning first hand as your downfall. Your playstyle makes sense, then. You voted Cacti for Riddle's reasons in 120, after Macman did, presumably to apply pressure and give the bandwagon some real strength. Why, then, did you get off after Gheb questioned your reasoning (without explicitly telling you to get off)?

You are very pro-pressure bandwagon. But you need to be more than that. Your pro-Cacti-bandwagon vote has garnered you a Cacti vote, an XACE-K vote, and a Rockin vote. Sinz is voting you too.

In #211, then, you responded to Cacti's opinions on you, but ignored XACE-K's.

Also, you stated that you think this game is probably 3 scum and 1 indy. Doesn't that seem a little tilted towards scum to you? And why do you think there's an indy?

Tell me what you think about XACE-K, Sinz, and The_Truth, apart from your main Cacti suspicion.
About the cacti-bandwagon at the beginning. Like i said, it probably wasn't right for me to put him at L-3 without him responding.

As for the scum/indy thing, yeah, it probably was a tad tilted towards scum. Think about it though. If there's an indy, there's likely to be like 2 scum. And if there is no indy, it's likely to be 3 scum. Of course, if Junglefever has tilted the odds slightly against the town, in which case it may be 3 scum 1 indy. It was just a guess that there's an indy in the game, i have no idea if there is.

I think Xace is town, but he hasn't addressed anything except my lynch. He hasn't said anything about his suspicions on T_T or anyone else. Sinz has not contributed much to the discussion, just like T_T. T_T has not been posting much, and when he does it doesn't contribute much of anything to the discussion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
K, swords def. isn't the play for toDay. Makes me pretty content with my vote on Truth.

Top Bottom