• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
PRO. How did you do that? I'd like to add Mewtwo to my CSS, but all my slots are full. I'll probably recombine Zelda/Shiek.
Well, you need Brawl Scape.
Download that, and go to Lucario in brawl scape. now, right click on the icon for him (not the CSP) and select either the character icon or the name strip. then export it, edit it in paint.net/gimp/whatever and right click on it again in brawl scape, then hit import. save. profit. :) I tried replacing the name that shows on the CSP but my game froze (not possible in brawl scape, for that I used brawlbox).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, you need Brawl Scape.
Download that, and go to Lucario in brawl scape. now, right click on the icon for him (not the CSP) and select either the character icon or the name strip. then export it, edit it in paint.net/gimp/whatever and right click on it again in brawl scape, then hit import. save. profit. :) I tried replacing the name that shows on the CSP but my game froze (not possible in brawl scape, for that I used brawlbox).
>=[ Darnit you proactive people. I wanted to do that xD!
Ah well, good stuff.

And yea, next download will be accompanied with videos, all of which will happen after I finish my homework, so I'll get to work ;O!

-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
>=[ Darnit you proactive people. I wanted to do that xD!
Ah well, good stuff.

And yea, next download will be accompanied with videos, all of which will happen after I finish my homework, so I'll get to work ;O!

-DD
Aha, sorry! having too much fun ^_^" if you (or anyone who knows how) can replace the name strip that shows on the CSPs with a Mewtwo one, that would complete it. My game freezes when I try with brawlbox >_>

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
After using Mew2 here some lil problems that I found:

- The last hit on the neutral A combo has a long recovery frame, the opponent could often get a hit off on me when I was tryn' 2 retreat.

- Needs 2 b a lil faster n general.

- U-air & D-air needs 2 b changed to something that covers more area, its hard 2 connect with them.

- Hard 2 pull off a B-air on a short hop.

- F-air is fine but could be a little stronger.

- Animation for the Up slam is 2 long, especially if ur fighting more than 1 opponent.

- Confusion can't reflect or deflect projectiles like n melee, doesn't stun or affect enemies if used on airborne opponent

- Disable would b fine if it stunned the enemy from the get go and u didn't go thru those extra animations.

- The tilts don't have much knockback at higher levels.

- Fireball should have that purple energy rather than aura am i right?

- I would make his fireball slightly better than Lucario's. (Samus' blast can cancel out his and keep going)

- I would suggest changing both disable & confusion

- All smash attacks need a lil bit more range on them

pokelover980

Smash Ace
After using Mew2 here some lil problems that I found:

- The last hit on the neutral A combo has a long recovery frame, the opponent could often get a hit off on me when I was tryn' 2 retreat.

- Needs 2 b a lil faster n general.

- U-air & D-air needs 2 b changed to something that covers more area, its hard 2 connect with them.

- Hard 2 pull off a B-air on a short hop.

- F-air is fine but could be a little stronger.

- Animation for the Up slam is 2 long, especially if ur fighting more than 1 opponent.

- Confusion can't reflect or deflect projectiles like n melee, doesn't stun or affect enemies if used on airborne opponent

- Disable would b fine if it stunned the enemy from the get go and u didn't go thru those extra animations.

- The tilts don't have much knockback at higher levels.

- Fireball should have that purple energy rather than aura am i right?

- I would make his fireball slightly better than Lucario's. (Samus' blast can cancel out his and keep going)

- I would suggest changing both disable & confusion

- All smash attacks need a lil bit more range on them
Let me criticize your post a little.
First off, get good grammar. I didn't understand what you were saying half of the time.
Secondly, I suggest that you learn the names of moves as for what we SmashBoarders call them. I know your new and all, but when I read up slam, I had no clue if you were talking about Up Smash or Up Special.

Now on to more talking about the possibilities while criticizing even more. He's slow and his moves are a little slow for two reasons I'm assuming. They are to make him like Mewtwo from Melee (who was sorta slow), and to balance him. Confusion doesn't reflect because it's hard to do that (we can, but not all things can be reflected this way, and it's not really hard as it is pointless). Disable goes through the extra animations for balance so he can't combo or kill really easily. You mean Aura Sphere, not fireball, right? Plus, how does it even LOOK like a fireball. And we can't change that, how many times does it have to be said!? We can only change it by hexing, which is confusing to most people. The rest of the suggestion are pointless because they would unbalance him/need a lot of editing.

Whew, that's my longest post in a while. Consider yourselves lucky, you may never see it again.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
**** you Youtube, **** you Adobe, and **** those videos because I cannot view them on my Wii or Computer. >:( /pout

I would like some screenshots please~!

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
I was just trying to type quicker and not have to write so much at a time, my bad for that.

I didn't mean that all that had to be fixed, just really the air moves and confusion, plus disable.

I had just noticed that confusion did deflect n melee, but wouldn't hit the person that originally tossed it unless it hit the ground near them so I wasn't sure if they had known this or skipped over it on purpose.

I realized that disable had to go through those extra animations, but it's as useless as it was in melee as anyone can get out of it by the time his recovery frames have ended, and he had fewer n melee at that.
I see why everyone's wants to change it to something completely different, it was a good idea but a hard move to implement into the game.

As for fireball and whatever, I was just using the generic name and all, you obviously knew what I was talking about anyway.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Guys...Confusion reflects, and it hurts the opponent on reflect.
You just need to time it right. Its been like that since forever.

Its Shadowball, not fireball or Aura Sphere.

I don't care about spelling/grammar of posts, since I'm the only one who should care, since I'm the only one required to read all of them, and I consider the posts for their content, even if I don't use them, I can usually extract something of use from every constructive post.

The Aerials need adjustment because a lot of changes were made recently, and yea, it will be fixed tomorrow/monday night.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
LolNaruto.
:3 Don't make the background different from the rest though, looks bad.

-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Photoshop or Brawlscape?
You decide. :laugh:
P.S. A cookie for who knows which other character I edited.

Hey! I just did that! Well, I do like yours as well, but see mine a few posts up. it does look better with the blue background. if you need the template for the blue, here: http://www.mywii.com.au/img/gallery/full/414396.jpg makes it better :) now fogure out how to edit the name across the CSP pl0x! Oh. and I lol'd at Naruto.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yeah I need a background from a character which has no face on it.
I did this in like 5 minutes.
And you get the cookie.
link'd in the last post ;) and your "MEWTWO" font looks cleaner than mine... I used Arial Black. what did you use?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Copy-pasting from the other name lables.
EDIT: As requested, edited the background.
ah, good idea. i had done that with the name strip for CSP's but the game crashed... too lazy to redo :chuckle:

EDIT: Rebel Yell just came on the radio

Meccs

@Meccs_
I have a quick question...
where does the .pac go? I put it (latest download) as FitLucario03.pac and put it in Lucario's folder with all the other textures. Is this not like a normal .pac/.pcs? Am I missing something?
I'm using Brawl+ 5.0 (with file replacement 3.5.1), and nothing changes. Does it sometimes not load? Cause I've tried to get Mewtwo to work at different stages of this project and he's never worked for me...
oh, and the CSS looks awesome, good job.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I have a quick question...
where does the .pac go? I put it (latest download) as FitLucario03.pac and put it in Lucario's folder with all the other textures. Is this not like a normal .pac/.pcs? Am I missing something?
I'm using Brawl+ 5.0 (with file replacement 3.5.1), and nothing changes. Does it sometimes not load? Cause I've tried to get Mewtwo to work at different stages of this project and he's never worked for me...
oh, and the CSS looks awesome, good job.
Rename it to FitLucario.pac, no numbers.

Meccs

@Meccs_
alright, thanks.
And I just watched the video vs Geno... this is absolutely amazing... fantastic work.
edit: just played as him, great job. Two things:
Dunno if this has been discussed: giving the last hit of nair knockback like in Melee? (iirc. Amazing move, though, nice job DD :D)
And, I'm guessing you didn't use it because it probably would distort Lucario, but: how about Lucas's dsmash animation for Mewtwo's dsmash? those moves always reminded me of each other.

And I'm not sure exactly which sound effects the new file replacement code covers, but maybe the announcer's "Lucario" can be replaced with "Mewtwo". Iirc, somebody has a video on youtube of the Brawl announcer saying Mewtwo and Ridley and Geno etc. if the Melee one sounded too weird.
(actually, it probably just switches sounds already in the game, though, so you can't add em in, right?)

ds22

Smash Lord
They should show up as transparent in-game. The magenta is FF00FF.

If you mean you want me to remove the magenta and leave the back blank, yeah, I can do that.
I would like that thank you.
Because Brawlbox accepts transparent backgrounds as transparent in brawl.
In that way Magenta isn't transparent in Brawlbox.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Any chance of.. -looks up- huh..seems like that's a popular opening statement. How goes the sound replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom