• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Pikachu Test ~ NOW AT APEX! - All Pikas Welcome to Try

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
"The Test" by LDPK~ NOW AT APEX
UPDATED AS OF 6/8/2010!!!
Since this sort of topic is not significant enough for its own thread (and sort of not pika relevant at all, lol ^_^), Since this is now a thread, I'm going to update this particular post for those who are "Test-takers" or who are interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Waiting List....
Please be patient... I am only human... and I do get bored...^_^

The wifi lineup:

1) gallax
2) Kid Nino
3) Captain L
4) Nicholas1204
5) Automatic
6) TheOriginChu
7) chainmaillekid
8) bry
9) ESAM
10) Diddyknight
11) ElNoNombreHombre
12) Hobs
13) Iliad
14) frio? *queued for another test session*
15) Linkisthebest123 *queued for another test session*
16) stingerz *Queued for whenever and also in real life*
I will be allocating time to Test these people and contact them in the above order. I will be in both pika xat (xat.com/highvoltageclan) and on AIM with the screenname 'HLim103'. If you MUST, my facebook is 'Anthony Lim' in the North Carolina/UNC/Greensboro network and I will only friend if you PM me confirmation that the facebook request is indeed you... through smashboards PM system (I don't want stalkers). If you can message AND play brawl at the same time, then that would be the best method of doing the test efficiently cuz you can msg me if you want to do retries--otherwise, I may get off after one test session and find someone else that is in the waiting list... but if i don't find anyone, we can continue testing. Please read my signature below for my friend code.^_^

Please remember, if you have failed and want a retry, i'll will only consent if there are not other people in line that are already easily available. Please remember the rules and use only one character through any ONE try of the Test.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***About The Test***
I was wondering if anyone near my area (or is interested) wants to eventually try "My Test".

Even if you are not in the area, this "Test" of mine is something I normally give to people when i am at a tournament and have a lot of time (because maybe i have booked a hotel room or a place near/at the venue), and is what i ALWAYS give to people wanting to try out for my brother's and my crew.

'LDPK's Test':
1) Win against all my secondaries in a row. And face/win against my pika in the end.
2) Normal Rules, best of 1 game (don't need to play best of 3)
3) I choose the stage. Test Taker has the option to request that I only choose from the neutrals--regardless i still choose the stage ^_^.
4) If you lose, you start over at the beginning.
5) You can only choose 1 character to take the entire test. You may retry the test with a different character however ^_^.
6) Just who are my secondaries? (Read signature... 'random button'.... lol) (j/k... actually its more like 18 of the entire cast)
7) The Test is given in a relatively preset order and can be slightly shuffled depending on performance. Over time, it is very possible that I'll add another secondary that i've gotten good with to the test. ^_^

Why is it called "The Test?"
Well, since i choose the stage and you are forced to beat them 'in a row' with the same character, the odds are really stacked against you. It like the 'ultimate' test of how well you can do if all odds were sort of against you, cheapness and all. The odds of you beating 'The Test' also sort of get slimmer and slimmer every time you (the test taker) progresses and retries (since my forte is in reading). By the time the test taker reaches the last few of my remaining characters, I (the test giver) will have witnessed the taker's battle secrets and a good idea of his playstyle--making the final ones really frustrating. Strategy for beating my test: strike strong, fast, and hard the first time you take The Test or you'll regret it--that or have a split personality... lol ^_^.

Why take it?
Well it sort of is a way to benchmark one's self in terms of skill and matchup knowledge/experience. I am the best in NC (as far as i know/battled) in some of my secondaries and make up for the rest with my psychic abilities (lol... half-j/k ^_^), so you are going to get a good fight all the time, almost regardless of who you are.

Realistically, its near impossible to pass (no one has ever passed it yet [14+ takers thus far]... best score is 9 in a row out of 18 on Real Life and 16 in a row of 18 on Wifi)--YOU COULD BE THE FIRST TO PASS ^_^! After a certain point, taking the test is sort of pointless, but it is always still fun to take whenever you are bored ^_^. Plus, i don't used characters like snake, mk, wario, or olimar and stuff. Most of my test is made up of low-tiers and random mid-high tiers that i like personally.

Anyone interested? ^_^. You can see some of the winning footage of people who have tried my test on our youtube page when you type in TEST. Our youtube name is 'shadowcase'. Sample vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39sWgyPrEhA

Edit:
***Wi-fi Version***
Due to some demand, there is now a wi-fi version of my test. Instead of (me) reading my opponents next moves before they even happen, i read them AS THEY OCCUR on wifi... lol ^_^. Since lag and input delay may or may not be a component of wifi combat, it may be seen as a toned down version of my RL test. Regardless, bragging rights are still legitimate and I will have no qualms about takers commenting on their success in matches. Be the first to be in the hall of fame! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hall of Fame
Real Life:
-No one yet... lol... you could be the first ^_^!
Wifi:
-No one yet... lol... you could be the first ^_^!

Report Cards ~ updates and best records (out of ~18 total)
Real Life:
-- Arc-thefallen-[ToonLink] ~ 9 in a row
-- WERK! [Samus] ~ 7 in a row
-- Bigman40 ~ 4 in a row *NEW~Lost to zelda/sheik*
-- Miren [Ike] ~ 3 in a row
-- Dublio [ROB] ~ 3 in a row
-- Dublio [Pikachu] ~ 3 in a row
-- Hakaten [Captain Falcon] ~ 3 in a row
--Fritz [Diddy Kong/ToonLink/Pikachu/Peach/Ness] ~ 2 in a row
-- Various others that i cannot remember right now ~ 1

Wifi:
--Frio [pikachu] ~ 16 in a row
--linkisthebest123 (brick) [pikachu] ~ 6 in a row
--Arikie [kirby] ~ 5 in a row
--Stingerz [MK] ~ 4 in a row
--linkisthebest123 (brick) [DK] ~ 4 in a row
--K-Prime [Ganondorf] ~ 4 in a row
--Kater Retak [Marth] ~ 2 in a row **
-Kater Retak [Shiek] ~ 2 in a row **
--Punk9 [Pikachu] ~ 2 in a row
-- Tagxy [Pikachu] ~ 1 sort of beat yoshi at the very least...

DISCLAIMER: I will post new takers and their results for a short time. After a while, I'll update the Report Card with only the best record for each player tag (unless the player explicitly tells me ahead of time that they want me to display each of their characters separately). Report Card results can be requested to be thrown out altogether for some odd reason (one past taker[ZSS] didn't want to lose to a ganondorf) and i'll do it, no questions asked, ASAP. Unless, I forget, the matches will be recorded and takers may request that some, but sometimes not all (i am still human and uploading takes time :D) videos be put up on youtube.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I'll take your test if you don't mind playing over wifi.
Oh man. That'll be great. Although unless i am used to wifi, I might not be able to guarentee you the fight of your life just yet. You may actually beat the wifi version of the test ^_^. Okay... my fall break for college is comin' in the next 2 days--we should definitely set up a Test Time. Yay!

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Im interested...but i have no wifi T.T
i want to take the test tho!
That's okay. If we ever meet and have a lot of time to kill (and had enough dittos ^_^) you can take the test. I need to get some practice in anyways before my Wifi Test is up to par with my RL Test. Hopefully, K-prime will be first of the many to hone my WiFi Test ^_^.

Okay.... sorry for the wait... now K-prime... can you afford taking The Test sometime between 4:30 and later tomorrow (Tuesday). After 4:00 i am all done with college (until i have to come back from break) ^_^.

Since you've been so kind as to tell me who you are taking the test as (you may use another character if you retry the test)... I'll reveal the first few challenges up til ganondorf.

1) Yoshi
2) Ice-Climbers (I may or may not be having a good infinite day ^_^... most of the time... not so good)
3) Ganondorf
4) .... I guess you'd better ask Kaylo... ^_^ *cough cough*

bigman40

Smash Master
okay.... Sorry For The Wait... Now K-prime... Can You Afford Taking The Test Sometime Between 4:30 And Later Tomorrow (tuesday). After 4:00 I Am All Done With College (until I Have To Come Back From Break) ^_^.

Since You've Been So Kind As To Tell Me Who You Are Taking The Test As (you May Use Another Character If You Retry The Test)... I'll Reveal The First Few Challenges Up Til Ganondorf.

1) Yoshi

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This makes me laugh soo hard to see people still play Yoshi anymore.

And now to be serious.....Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa????????????????????

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Tomorrow is good. We can set up our match in the pika xat. Also, Yoshi first? x.x I hate that match up, lol.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman

That's okay. If we ever meet and have a lot of time to kill (and had enough dittos ^_^) you can take the test. I need to get some practice in anyways before my Wifi Test is up to par with my RL Test. Hopefully, K-prime will be first of the many to hone my WiFi Test ^_^.

How will we meet? You live in NC. I live in the sunshine state of FL.
I would have Wifi, but i bricked my wii, and i need to send it to nintendo,
Are you planing on going to winter fest down here?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh... i just started something real small (LDPK's Test) and since it isn't worthy of having its own separate thread, i'll just post some updates for anyone who's interested in here very occasionally.

Update: K-Prime and Punk9 and Tagxy(sort of) took "The Test" 10/23/2009.

Kprime got 4 in a row, and Punk9 i think got 2 in a row. Tagxy got passed 1st round and can retry next time starting at 2nd round.

Visit the mini post to find out more: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8649451&postcount=1551

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gave it its own thread.

It's pretty cool, helpful to the community, and it was clogging up the Q&A thread. ;)

If I get better wifi, I'll definitely take it. I'm using Zelda, though!

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Gave it its own thread.

It's pretty cool, helpful to the community, and it was clogging up the Q&A thread. ;)

If I get better wifi, I'll definitely take it. I'm using Zelda, though!
Great.... thanks to you Kaylo, my pm box is probably going to get spammed with requestmail/flamemail... lol ^_^. I initially just wanted to conduct this "shady test" as a lil "secret something" within the pika boards--now people are going to be after my head O_O. Is something like this gonna fly with the other mods... besides the fact that i main pika, this topic is almost not pika related at all (although takers face my pika at the end of it all).

While i do appreciate the kindness, I am not too used to getting much attention (stagefright almost).

*trembles*

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@LDPK: I changed the title to all Pikas welcome to try, hehe. ;)

Honestly, the only other place for it would be the social thread, where it'd get spammed away very quickly. It was kind of out of place in the Q&A thread.

Regardless, I think it's a good opportunity for other Pikas to test their skills against someone who has a wealth of MU knowledge..... but if you're really uncomfortable with it being its own thread, I guess I can move it to the social. Or maybe back to the Q&A even though I didn't like it being there........... :urg:

Or even to the dead Brawl Finder thread, lol.

*OCD over organization.* ;-;

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
ill take this test. LDPK, let's do it!!!
oh man... -_-... here comes the first of the many curious people to see what this is all about...
*LDPK scared stiff of the thought that the test line may end up like those free swine flu vaccine lines O_O--OVER 900...!*

Lol... j/k... I'll be glad to do some wifi's. So what time (weekly and afternoon/evening type of answer) are you free?

so since i am in college, and have work and siblings to attend to sometimes, i do have a busy schedule. So please be patient with me as i schedule Exam Dates (crap, i sound like a professor). Just to let people know, (although i am very sad and sorry that some things did come up) K-prime did have to wait like 3 days longer than expected to try his first times yesterday. If i am in xat, most likely, that'll be when my wifi is ready and rare'in to go. Otherwise, it'll be a "hey i am finally free.... you free?" kind of late notice. I'll setup my wifi taunts to signal when i got to go and stuff ^_^.

@LDPK: I changed the title to all Pikas welcome to try, hehe. ;)

Honestly, the only other place for it would be the social thread, where it'd get spammed away very quickly. It was kind of out of place in the Q&A thread.

Regardless, I think it's a good opportunity for other Pikas to test their skills against someone who has a wealth of MU knowledge..... but if you're really uncomfortable with it being its own thread, I guess I can move it to the social. Or maybe back to the Q&A even though I didn't like it being there........... :urg:

Or even to the dead Brawl Finder thread, lol.

*OCD over organization.* ;-;
Okay... i guess i can help out in this regard. Over wifi tho, i am really afraid i may not "live up to people's expectations" in all my secondaries because of the slight input lag (tho i don't mind giving the test over wifi at all ^_^). I'll have to ask k-prime and punk9 on what their first impressions of the wifi version of the test was like to make sure i am at least entertaining (and not annoying) people and NOT wasting their time (since some people just don't like wifi).

I'll be glad to help people with matchup stuff. At least they'll get to see some of the better capabilities (movesets and some AT's) of the other characters if they don't really mind timing (wifi) issues.

Also, the test is sort of open for other characters besides pikachu. I guess i can also help with people's secondaries.... :D

I just hope i don't dissappoint if i am caught up with a rough week of college or something. If you can be happy with me, I'll be glad to give anyone a try at my lil' test.

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
Hey, would it be possible for me to attempt to take the test after the others have finished?

TheVince

Smash Apprentice

I don't exactly WANT to take the test, but I would be happy to play some practice rounds against you to help you prepare for the worst of any wifail, or just help in general. You are quite... legendary.

Since we do live on opposite sides of the country, I'd assume that this would be the worst wifail you will encounter, assuming we don't get some godly connection. It would be impossible to put up with wifail for hypothetically 5+ rounds, none the less 18. :S.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
well... it sometimes does get pretty bad now that you mention it. I have faced someone from Texas and Arizona and it was barely bearable. I hope my connection on my side gets better once i set up in college. I'd love the practice. I got to get all the practice i can (outside of testgiving), so that i give people a good run.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Can I take the test over wifi? We're kinda far away so there might be some lag, but if not I'm definitely interested! VM me whenever, I can't Brawl today or tomorrow though, after that is fine though.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
hey, i would like to try your test haha. with 2 different chars. and is it possible to change my username to something like brick? someone get back to me on that please.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Can I take the test over wifi? We're kinda far away so there might be some lag, but if not I'm definitely interested! VM me whenever, I can't Brawl today or tomorrow though, after that is fine though.
hey, i would like to try your test haha. with 2 different chars. and is it possible to change my username to something like brick? someone get back to me on that please.
I'll pen you guys in. PM me when you guys are free, if i am available aroudn those times, i'll reply back shortliy... otherwise, i'll pm you when i have a free day set aside. Thanks for waiting. ^_^

altairian

Smash Lord
I've wifi'd with auto and the lag wasn't THAT bad. Maybe a little more input delay but as long as you have stable connections, it shouldn't be noticeably different. The lag spikes are what kill me.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Alright. So i have a temporal list of about 7-ish people right now who want to try out the Test (wifi version). *thank you K-prime for improving my wifi pika game^_^*

As an update, I'll be busy tonight (tues) studying for an exam (tomorrow wed) and will have entrepreneural stuff for most of wednesday also. Thursday will most likely be the day i'll set aside for some real wifi playing. Unless my ENTIRE crew has free time (unlikely that ALL of them will be... but possible), Thursday is looking pretty free (after 5:00PM Eastern Time; 2:00PM Pacific Time). I'll try to avoid unnecessary updates and keep general updates to this thread to a minimum ^_^.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm down to take the test. Imma beast it with my new Peach that I've been using for a day. lol
Tell me whenever you are available or when it's my turn.

And the time I played with Altarian the lag wasn't bad but I guess both of us have good connections.

PZ

Smash Lord
Pikaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to brawl ya hows thanksgiving break sounds? for the time n ill b in spirngfield, NC at the time have to visit dad=) plus school has drained me of skill my yoshi was rediculassly good at the time let me munch n u wouldve been ok if u didnt man u will b like the last guy who messed up my munch moment n my pikachu is n still is just the same i loved chuing it was a hobby too if any of ur secondaries is fatness im gaurenteed to fail cuz i cant resist i chued on 4 falcon punches to chu on cf n ganon warlock punch 2 timez god they were delicious :lick: n dont get me started on bowser it was like any1 usin him couldnt do anything then eventually they'll die from my throws i can have wifi matches when my wii comes back ill inform u at the timez i can probably after school but ill b on smash boards from 11 to 11:30 at school on weekdays n 5 to 9 eastern time n weekends anytime=)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Now in terms of wifi... remember that there are chances that you guys may not be able to present your skills at the fullest. That's always a disclaimer when taking the test on wifi.... I've kept a light track of most of the people that have requested an when i have time today, i'll quickly contact each person from first asked to last asked and test the one i can find first and start from there.... lol.

Thanks everyone for being patient with me. And also *since it really surprised me*, i am VERY pleased that there are 2 real life test requests (theoriginchu and Stingerz). I'd love to meet up with any of you guys. Stingerz i'll see you at the Billfest (most likely), and ThaOriginChu, I hope you can come by my house (free chinese food... best chinese in all of NC ^_^).

Edit:@ ThaOriginChu if you are that good against bowsers and 'can' own me, I'll make sure that you'll take the longest of time owning me. ^_^

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I am sorry for this double post... just wanted to update the public. You may sort this with the one above if you want. Thank you again.

EDIT: The lineup:

1) gallax
2) Kid Nino
3) Captain L
4) Linkisthebest123
5) Nicholas1204
6) Automatic
7) TheOriginChu

I will be allocating time to Test these people and contact them in a row. I will be in both pika xat (xat.com/highvoltageclan) and on AIM with the screenname 'HLim103'. If you MUST, my facebook is 'Anthony Lim' in the North Carolina/UNC/Greensboro network and I will only friend if you PM me confirmation that the facebook request is indeed you... through smashboards PM system (I don't want stalkers). ^_^

Please if you have failed and want a retry, i'll will only consent if there are not other people in line that are already easily available. Please remember the rules and use only one character through any ONE try of the Test.

So let the silly games begin.... TEST 11/5/2009.

Top Bottom