• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright Mafia [GAME OVER!]

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

OH! Hello there, you frightened me. Oh me? I'm Alita...I was told...to give this to you.

Vote Count

Mentosman8 [1] : Marshy
SwordsRbroken [4] : Cacti, XACE-K, Rockin, Sinz
Cacti [1] : SwordsRbroken
The Truth [4] : KevinM, Macman, Gheb_01, Pierre the Scarecrow

Not voting: Mentosman8, The_Truth, Riddle

deadline is the last second of 11/8. Takes 7/13 to lynch!

Riddle

Smash Lord
All right here is my current suspicion:

*Drum roll please*

Macman! Here's why. All game Macman has been posting things with absolutely no explanation at all. Here are some examples:

Macman said:
why is cacti always so scummy to me
Macman said:
actually, unvote
Macman said:
so I think sword is town and i wanna lynch T_T
Macman said:
Don't agree with those FOSes at all.
Macman said:
I retract this statement
Macman said:
I'm trying to win the game... that was a really dumb post gheb.
Macman said:
Yes, and yes. He owes me a post.
The second yes is in reference to the question, "Anybody else suspicious to you?"
Macman said:
Wow, this swords wagon really needs to stop here. I keep forgetting Ace is in this game.
Macman said:
agree with gheb.
tbqh, I don't think either cacti or swords is the lynch for today.
Every single on of these is the entire post. Macman provides absolutely no reasoning at all for a whole lot of his posts. More than half of his posts are one-liners and he has been nearly useless all game.

Macman seems incredibly scummy providing no reasoning like this and I fell that his play merits my vote.

Vote: Macman

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So you were composing a list of my posts every time I posted? So that you could present this case against me later on in the day?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Riddle your case against Macman is total crap. He's playing the same game he always plays when he's town. Read MegaMafia or Potter Mafia and you see that there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Rockin, ACE, Sinz hop off the swords wagon please if you can't give us better reasons. This is especially @ Sinz and Rockin. He's probably town or at least not mafia.
Mentos you're still not voting? What happened to your suspcions of Sinz and swords?
Mac, Pierre just posted a massive post with lots of information. Still Fosing him? Will you tell us about your other suspects now?

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
So you were composing a list of my posts every time I posted? So that you could present this case against me later on in the day?
No I just went and got them now.

@Gheb I really prefer not to go off of metagaming. Macman's posting is annoying the **** out of me and seems very anti-town. If he stops doing this then I will unvote him, but he's not even helping himself with a defense right now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mac, Pierre just posted a massive post with lots of information. Still Fosing him? Will you tell us about your other suspects now?
Planning on doing a reread sometime soon. Pierre is meh iono. Somethings were odd about his post but I agreed with the majority of it. Definitely not gonna push his lynch today because he is a great asset to have as town. Definitely a nullread right now, kinda leaning town though since he has similar town reads as I.

I'm assuming the reason why noone felt like responding to my flavor stuff was because i was wrong and there do happen to be good guys that are town and these people didn't want to go deeper into that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
agree with gheb.
I don't think either cacti or swords is the lynch for today.
You are lying. In one of the posts you quoted of mine[this one], there was "tbqh" before it. I however quickedited the "tbqh" out because I thought that abbreviation was whack. The only way you could have had the tbqh there in your post, was if you had copied and saved the post as soon as I posted it.

This is not a problem, since it is ok for you to have thought I was suspicious and started to keep a record of my posts that supported your beliefs. What is bothering me now, is that you just lied about it. For no reason.

vote: riddle

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This also kind of makes sense because if T_T is scum with riddle I can see him attempting to get something going on me to get the pressure off of T_T.

im kinda just talking out my *** now so I'll reread and actually organize my thoughts before i post them.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You are lying. In one of the posts you quoted of mine[this one], there was "tbqh" before it. I however quickedited the "tbqh" out because I thought that abbreviation was whack. The only way you could have had the tbqh there in your post, was if you had copied and saved the post as soon as I posted it.

This is not a problem, since it is ok for you to have thought I was suspicious and started to keep a record of my posts that supported your beliefs. What is bothering me now, is that you just lied about it. For no reason.

vote: riddle
WTF. Is this a joke? I have no idea what you are talking about.

HERE IS THE POST YOU ARE REFERRING TO YOU EXACTLY AS I QUOTED IT!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
nope. click on the quotelink in macman's 292. then look at the 8th quote in your 282. they don't match up and you said you weren't compiling macman's posts for your crap case which suggests you're lying. your link in 294 is broken

unvote the truth vote riddle

riddle's pseudo scumhunting pretty hard here. not elaborating on your thought process isn't necessarily scummy and neither is "not defending yourself when wagoned". i'd expect him to recognize that after test subject and he hasn't demonstrated how either are scumtells here. he looks more like he's arguing to be right

more later. in the meantime all aboard?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Do you have anything useful to say or are you just repeating the same old for the 1000th time?
I'm having trouble getting reads on Sinz and Truth. That's why I asked those questions.

XACE-K needs to fill in the blanks.

Your post #135, although very late, showed a very good understanding of the current game. You had obviously read and and comprehended what was going on, and expressed this comprehension. You then disappeared again. In post #198 you voted for SwordsR for flip-flopping (actually, more like bandwagoning IMO) and FOSed Rockin for inheriting a specifically bad post by Chaco. You then quickly explained your vote on SwordsR in #201 for me: mostly disagreeing with SwordsR's bandwagoning+voting+unvoting patterns, finding SwordsR still scummy for ignoring things. Okay. Your vote is still currently on SwordsR, but you have yet to comment on some of the other things going on in the thread - specifically, what do you think about Cacti and The_Truth, and possibly Sinz?
For Cacti, I think there is a chance of him being scum (his arguement with Swords for example), but I need to re-read his posts to get more info.

As said above, I'm having trouble getting reads on Sinz & Truth. Along with Cacti, I need to re-read their posts.

As for everyone else, they haven't really done anything that has made me think their scum.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Okay I have no ****ing idea what's wrong but I swear to every god ever that when I click on Macman's link that it leads me to a post that says tbqh.

I AM NOT LYING ABOUT THIS!

@Marshy Pseudo-scumhunting? I think its anti-town and anti-town play is annoying and scummy. Do you not agree that saying random things with no reasoning is anti-town? If he doesn't provide reasoning then we can't argue against him or agree with him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Sure you can argue or agree with me. What I say is still there and you can still hold me to those opinions. If you want me to elaborate then tell me to.

Riddle, go back now, the regular way, to that post, and tell me if you see tbqh. Also, how exactly did you quote all of my posts. Did you use the multiquote function?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684

what did you mean by this? 147 makes me think chaco was pretty upfront with those who suspected him. this looks like timid scum reaching
Ok so when I semi-hop on a bandwagon, it's "timid scum reaching." Yet when others do it, it's acceptable. OK. I found Chaco suspicious because he was so sure in his reads. Especially when he referred to Gheb as "confirmed scum" after he picked him apart in post #152. Neither me, nor anyone else saw much scuminess in Gheb's post, it was just a horrible attempt at a OMGUS to get others to hop on the Gheb wagon.

The_Truth is fairly facepalm a lot, and scummy the rest of the time. "I thought I told you that already" statement that was never verified. "This is probably gonna blow up in my face," weird+bad attitude. Why does it blow up in your face, because it should, because you're scum and you know it?
Interesting how you bring this up now after you seemingly shrugged it off previously and said "Heh. Interesting point and interesting dismissal brought up at the end." The "I thought I told you already" part of my post was a mistake. I realized that even though what I said was true that it was not something to say here as it would most likely be misinterpreted. I admit my guilt of making a rookie mistake, but if you want to convict me of being scum, you'll need a bit more evidence than a mere slip up.
Etc. You then said "Bandwagoning without reasoning seems suspicious to me," but didn't specify who you were talking about, when it was obviously Chaco, and therefore you didn't FOS or vote anyone. Then, when questioned about that, you stated specifically "everyone who did it," when it was really JUST Chaco. In #127 you said that the points raised against Cacti were legit, but you still didn't vote.
I was also referring to Cacti who FoSed then voted. If I don't feel like I have a good enough read on someone, I won't vote. Simple as that.
In #190 you felt the need to "remind" Rockin that he replaced into a suspicious spot.
As much as I wanted to give Rockin the benefit of the doubt, I could not just ignore the slip-ups of Chaco. I wanted Rockin to have a chance before I voted for him. But even now, he has been fairly inactive and when he did post his opinions, he pointed out Sinz using a quote that I, Marshy, Macman, and Gheb all agreed didn't make out Sinz to be scummy.
Weird.
F**k yo couch, n****.

You basically add nothing. You don't do anything, and you say weird things. To compound this, The_Truth has recently attracted the votes of 3 people that I separately think are all Town aligned.
K.

With this, I think all of my stances are very clear. Therefore, I'm not going to specifically FOS anyone.

vote: The_Truth
I still think Chaco was acting hella scummy. and your "chaco doesn't act so forceful as scum" doesn't convince me. But I will get on a truth wagon if need be. I share your opinion with the scum wagon.

vote: T_T
You have repeatedly accused me of being scum yet have offered little to no insight as to why. Instead you insist on hopping on your 3rd bandwagon this game with a post that contains little more than "I agree with this. Vote: whoever." Though you do have a few good posts, whenever you place a vote I want to chop a babies head off and use it as a soccer ball.
@Sinz & Truth: Have you played mafia on other sites before? I haven't seen you play at SWF before and I don't play at EpicMafia (made an account but never really used it).
No.
Can we just like policy lynch the truth yet?
>_>
Replies in red.

Marshy, Gheb, Pierre are all on point with their posts and are quite skilled at convincing others of their opinions. Pierre notably for being the most aggressive player here. For this they come off as town to me.

Macman can be golden at times, and annoying as f*** at others. Sometimes I believe that you're town, sometimes I believe you're scummier than the mud on the bottom of my Tims. Stop tunneling ffs. Also what were these "ulterior motives" for you wanting a nameclaim?

Sinz and XACE-K are troublesome reads for me. Can't quite make them out as town or mafia. Kinda weird how Sinz agreed with post #171 when everyone (especially Marshy) got on my a** for it. XACE-K is looking like either town or a 3rd party.

Riddle's case against Mac is fairly weak. He shares my distaste for Mac's repetitive bandwagoning, although I disagree in that Mac can post good s*** when he wants to.

Swords is interesting. He caught my eye first when he voted for Kevin at the start of the game solely because he hadn't posted yet. Then that comment about pushing for a no lynch. As much as he tried to explain himself, this comment came back to bite him in the a**. Cacti also brought up a few interesting points on him. See post #196. Then he voted for Cacti when he pissed him off too much and has a poor case against him. Scum.

Cacti is a rollercoaster. He started off in the gutter, was picked apart and almost lynched, then bounced back in the battle against Swordz. Can be extremely useful when he wants to be.

KevinM is a mystery. He doesn't post as much as everyone else but when he does his posts are short and to the point.

Rockin...see above.

Mentosman, like myself, needs to get in this dam game and post more.

Vote: SwordsRBroken

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Holy fucing shit, hop off the freaking swords wagon!

Gonna look into the Riddle issue later but I already disliked his "case" against Macman (plus metagaming is legit when you analyze a person's playstyle). The best thing you did with that was to get out Truth out of the spotlight, which was 100% anti-town (especially since many people are still on the swords wagon) at this point. Good to see that nobody fell for it.

FoS Riddle

My vote stays on truth for now though until I have the time to look into Riddle's post more closely. But his playstyle resembles the typical scumbag (slipping under the radar after a mini wagon against him, inaccurate scumtell against Cacti and Macman, etc) and I can def. see Riddle and Truth being scumbuddies. Macman has his priorities straight - neither Cacti nor swords are the play toDay so stop piling votes on those guys.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hey rockin, can you make a post telling us what you think of every player so far?
Ace, whose the play? Give us your 3 top suspicions and why.
Sinz, why are you suspicious of me? same reason as riddle?
Truth, you think we should go with a riddle lynch? How about rockin, or kevin?
Kevin, thoughts on riddle?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's weird. When I looked at the original post it did say "tbqh" and there was no mention of the edit but when I quoted it the "tbqh" was indeed gone...is that a bug or something? Maybe Riddle added it manually because he notcied it's gone or sth. like that. Doesn't actually matter to me because I wouldn't mind the riddle lynch either way. Atm I'm more comfortable with Truth though.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
When I look at the post with Revolution skin, the "tbqh" is still there. When I look at it with Classic Blue, it is not there anymore.

Hilarious.

More later. Workday ahead of me.

Oh, and I'm perfectly fine to let that whole situation completely dissolve. Macman's strong response to Riddle was based on a glitch, and I don't agree with Riddle's suspicions of Macman, but also don't think Riddle is that scummy.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
well i doubt both riddle and gheb are lying. i was going to ask for a screenshot but i guess its just the boards

unvote riddle vote mentos for now. if there's a vig then take care of our mentosman8 problem asap

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Oh, and I'm perfectly fine to let that whole situation completely dissolve. Macman's strong response to Riddle was based on a glitch, and I don't agree with Riddle's suspicions of Macman, but also don't think Riddle is that scummy.

I thought to doublepost because I don't want THAT to only show up on some skins and not others.

I think I'm just going to refrain from quick-editing at all, from now on...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
When I look at the post with Revolution skin, the "tbqh" is still there. When I look at it with Classic Blue, it is not there anymore.
haaha I just tried it. mad weird.

we should policy lynch riddle anyways for classic blue or ****[in this case lynch] you.

Vigs that have unlimited shots should probably use their shot all the time. Unless in a situation where shooting wrong would lose the game for us. A vigkill is a second town aligned kill, which gives us a chance of hitting scum. So if you are a vig with unlimited shots, don't be nervous about shooting wrong.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Swords is interesting. He caught my eye first when he voted for Kevin at the start of the game solely because he hadn't posted yet. Then that comment about pushing for a no lynch. As much as he tried to explain himself, this comment came back to bite him in the a**. Cacti also brought up a few interesting points on him. See post #196. Then he voted for Cacti when he pissed him off too much and has a poor case against him. Scum.
Vote: SwordsRBroken
Your post tastes of OMGUS. I've already defended myself against Gheb's questions which were nearly the same.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Your post tastes of OMGUS. I've already defended myself against Gheb's questions which were nearly the same.
unvote Vote: Truth
Your failure against Cacti still remains. If anything your vote reeks of OMGUS with your typical bandwagoning playstyle.

Also Macman, when are you going to answer my questions?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I answered that **** a long time ago. Pay attention to the game, and tell me why you would be ok with a riddle lynch.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Why would you be down for a riddle lynch?
I don't approve of his case. I also don't see the "tbqh" in post #268. Not sure if it matters what layout i'm using (smash blue) but it does make it look like he's just desperate for a case against you if he's lying. I didn't like his post a while back about the argument about gifs being pointless when it helped to get a read on a number of players.

Top Bottom