• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks for the essay Pete. I read it but I don't think you all understand. I'm only using MK because atm I find him more fun then DDD. I'm not using him because he's the best. I just love his playstyle. As much as I hate Snake's. I've always mained who I find the funnest but now its MK not DDD.

I have the most fun playing MK, but I WANT to main DDD because he's so awesome and stuff. But yeah I just don't know. MK atm is funner.
ITS LIES LIES LIES!!!!

Do you just play MK because winning is fun or because spamming B is fun.

Alzi

Smash Master
Maybe you guys should main toon link.

It's so fun running up and doing a nair in someones face. It's like better then Metaknights nair by far.

Jupz

Smash Master
lol techno. its funny cause its true.

also when i say I love ddd I dont mean I love using him. hes gotten boring to me :o hes just such a beast of a character.

Vlade

Social Outcast
No way, metaknight's nair comes out in 3 frames and has transcendant priority (think thats how you spell it) and does like 19 ****ing percent if you connect both hits. The initial hit does a decent amount also

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
ok. ty for tellin marteh. :)

I'll check out tourney listing liek everyday and see if i can go to the tourney where ever it is.

4th day of month.
44th day anniversary for BecKizzLE and I
4th term.
4th week of school.
That's 4 things.:)

Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with 1 bird.

Who would win in a fight Chuck Norris or Cpt. Falcon? DEBATE BEGINS
I say Chuck norris because round house kick ***** falcon kick.
His upper-cut (which he did on a horse long ago creating girraffes through evolution) isn't as great as the falcon paunch though.
Once up on a time CHuck Norris had sex in a truck. Some of his sperm leaked out and went in the truck engine. This truck is known as Optimus Prime. What's Captain Falcon's Sperm Capable of?

I am 4 Chuck Norris.

Jupz

Smash Master
transcendant priority doesn't really mean anything if it has crap range. the reason its so good is because for longer ranged attacks it doesn't increase your hurtbox.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol Vlade i know. But i prefer toon links nair over metaknights.

Also wow.. Elton has trully done the best 4444 combination so far.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
The joys of Sonic...Killing v_v.

Anyway so I figured I'd get some community input here since I'm intending on using the music replacement codes at the tourney (If you don't like it..Don't play on that TV). Basically I'll have a list of all neutrals and you can decided what music goes on it, I have the entire Brawl brstm's so if you want for example, corneria on FD then I can do that. If you have a different request you must also post a link to the song so I can download it ( I do not make BRSTM's)
Also I will not change any of the songs to the follwing:
-Song's with offensive lyrics.
-Song's that are deemed inaudible, aka just a random pile of noises that may put people off their game.
---Before anyone asks, Im using the NTSC version of brawl----

-Final Destination-
Final Destination
Credits (Super Smash Bros.)
Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Final Destination (Melee)
Giga Bowser (Melee)

-Smashville-
I am not changing 2am or The Roost, they're too awesome.
Title (Animal Crossing)
Go K.K. Rider!
Town Hall and Tom Nook's Store
The Roost

-Yoshi's Island-
I'm not sure if I can change Obstacle course since it's 2 songs. I can try but if it revets to the old music...You'll live.
Obstacle Course
Ending (Yoshi's Story)
Yoshi's Island
Flower Field
Wildlands

-Battlefield-
Battlefield
Battlefield Ver.2
Menu (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Battlefield (Melee)
Multi-man Melee 1 (Melee)

For now I'll only alter the neutral levels music as a test to see how people prefer it and such. If you really want a music changed on a CP, post the name of the song, the level and the change, oh and call me "The great lord".
This is just a test, and btw, maximum of 3 song changes per person. First in first served, unless I really like the alternative song choice :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
transcendant priority doesn't really mean anything if it has crap range. the reason its so good is because for longer ranged attacks it doesn't increase your hurtbox.
It means everything. It means it will beat a LOT of things that normal moves can't i.e. falco's jab combo. Having an attack with such priority at such a close range is ridiculously overpowered

Change one of the BattleField songs to Bramble Blast

KK Cruisin' as one of the Smashville tunes

Corneria (from lylat cruise) on FD

I'll think of more later :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
His upper-cut (which he did on a horse long ago creating girraffes through evolution) isn't as great as the falcon paunch though.
Once up on a time CHuck Norris had sex in a truck. Some of his sperm leaked out and went in the truck engine. This truck is known as Optimus Prime.
I see you brought up some intresting points, first off I wouldnt call streching a horse's neck "evolution"

and second, not only would his sperm not be leaking, but how the hell would it get over to the engine? :confused:

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Quick edit: Wow weird torrent, half the songs were brstm's half were .mp3..Anyway Ill try and get the .brstm's requested, no promises though :p

Jupz

Smash Master
well basically I just had a huge writeup but my mum turned the upstairs router off before I finished so it got deleted :\

but basically there is no real "priority" of a move. if two hitboxes collide with the oppositions hurtbox at the same time, they will clank or clash if they are aerials (if they clash they both take damage and knockback from the move). what people usually refer to priority is disjointedness. if one move is slightly disjointed (ie. more room in between the edge of the hurtbox and the edge of the hitbox) then their hitbox will collide with the opponents hurtbox before vice versa. so they score the hit. in TP its hitbox just avoids all other hitboxes. so if it outranges the opponents disjointedness on its attack it will beat out the attack because it will hit the opponents hurtbox before vice versa happens to him, they won't clank because the hitboxes go through each other.

:( lost my huge essay on priority.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay, this is weird. Remember I posted that video of Ice Climbers getting fused from Pikachu? Seems IC's can do that from a number of attacks, including MK. Other than basically having them combined (instead of one following half a second behind) it does a bit more than that. Such as literally breaking the game. Check this out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTN7DJhVPeE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTN7DJhVPeE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh and also, lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/taVleWrKAlE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/taVleWrKAlE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh, and Pokerap on both Stadiums.

EDIT: And "end of the world as we know it" for FD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
God ****it Vlade

I knew I should have somehow made a crapton of money and come to Perth before Squat to convince your father everythings aaaaaaaaaaallright.

God rage
rage
rage rage
god
god

Someone purchase me return tickets to Perth STAT so I can save the world from devestation.
And to unite all smashers within our nation.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Added you but don't have Marteh's msn info anywhere

neeeeeeeeeevermind, everyone's given it to me XD

Richard7

Smash Ace
Lets take Richard as an example for my statment. He doesn't play to win, He plays worser at tourneys then him at home playing samuel. Yet he still places high and i always get ***** by him.
Strange example, because I do play to win, I just don't COMPLETELY play to win (examples being that I don't research match ups or pretty much anything, and many other things that I could do if I REALLY wanted to win). Playing worse at tournaments (which is generally because of me making mistakes) isn't not playing to win.

EDIT: Song request for Marty. You all knew it was coming...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYYuDf3M0Q&feature=related

Cbb thinking of a stage and song slot to put it on, so chuck it on anything with room I suppose..

MTGod

Smash Champion
You all brought this multiquote on yourselves... 'sif 5 pages in a day...

I want to turn up in a Luigi outfit, since I realised a Falcon outfit wouldn't fit my lack of physique.
Luigi is deeply hurt by that remark... He spends hours working on his shoryuken that he doesn't have time to go to the gym!!! Or... so I assume...

MTGod really is a god.... of quoting!
Now all I need is a devotee with a chisel... Any takers???

Go watch it, not DB, DB is too old and unwatchable, go watch DBZ, there's still bits of unwatchable stuff for the first 40 eps or something.
I couldn't get into DBZ... I couldn't tell any longer what parts were supposed to be "serious" and which ones were supposed to be comedic... DB was much easier to distinguish in this regard :p

BETTER YET, for a side-splitting good time, go watch DB: The Movie that was recently released... Hands down, best comedy of the year :p

Seriously, he has this giant energy ball that homes in and half the cast can't fly out of range in time and is unblockable. How the **** is that even fair?
Because Shenron is secretly Metaknight in disguise :p

if i go to squat it will be because I win my tourney on the 29th. and after i read shayas interview I realize he's right. we all have to play to win, and really play to win. this means metaknight. and this means gay. as much as I love DDD, he's not the best of characters. I feel terrible for switching to MK but I just don't know. I'll probably still use DDD in tourney. I'll just have to see if he does better then my MK. I'll probably pull a seibrik and keep switching between MK and DDD. but uhmmm.
Wow, over the last few weeks or so Jupz has switched sides more than... (**** my lack of inspiration for a good analogy here... **** IT TO HELL!!!!!) Still, flip a coin, dude!!! Better yet, CP!!! CP IT TO ALL GET OUT!!!!

"But Metaknight has no bad matchups".
Lies: Metaknight is 0-100 to win against Lucas :p

Trav stated when he first joined he chose Bowser since he loves sluggers. I chose Marth since he was agile but not to agile for me to control, just because one character is better than another doesn't mean you should chose them.
I know where Jupz is coming from though - as you progress into the game and get better at it, what seems "fun" to you might change... For example, when I first played Brawl I loved Ike because he could abuse the **** out of 4 player FFAs and just sneak in with a massive bomb of an attack that cleared everything, which was pretty ****in' neat :p Then, when I started playing 1vs1, I could never get that fun back because it was always being dodge-rolled (or otherwise missing)... So I started with ROB, who I loved because of the drigger... I still love the Drigger of ROB, but now am finding that Lucas' and Fox's playstyles are a hell of a lot of fun as well, so ROBs sorta being pushed aside for now...

Oh and I don't play to win, I play because I love competition and I go because I love hanging out with you guys.
I'm playing because of my daughter... It's because of her that I want to become the best gamer EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Single tear*

Shaya is a fool for telling you that Jupz. He just wants you to come to the dark side which you already are in atm.
Eh??? But... doesn't that mean he can't come to the dark side because he's already there??? Or maybe you're taking it from the perspective of the dark side, in which case once someone's in the dark side the dark side can't see them no more, since they're inside it... Argh, it's the small font that's confusing me Alzi!!!

Playing to win is ok at times but what i am saying is PURPOSLY DITCHING YOUR MAIN for some other random **** to have pleasure with. You need to stick to your one babe only and never change.
Continuing on with your analogy (as inappropriate as it may seem) you can't expect to strike it lucky first up ^^ Sometimes you may be with a main for a year or two before you realise that it's not the right one for you...

Every move and every option has to be explored and understood, etc etc.
Which is why rage quitting from ROB to Lucas without having properly played him before was a bad idea at Corneria :p But I know Lucas now... not saying that I'm any better with him, but at least I won't be stage spiking myself for all 3 stocks at 20% anymore........

I hope......

Tell me about it, Bowser couldn't kill if his life depended on it!
He's a villain, and hence by ancient Japanese rulings isn't allowed to have the strength to kill people, only be cursed with the ability to attract burly plumbers :p

Brawl musics
This song on battlefield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp7oSHLr3BY&feature=fvst

I would so totally go insane :p

Ice Climber Fusion
O.O

So... not... cool...

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I think you failed to miss the part about "crap music", let me help
"Song's that are deemed inaudible, aka just a random pile of noises that may put people off their game."

Settled :p

Edit: Oh and people I think it was misunderstood, I can't make BRSTMs (okay I can but Im lazy) so try and find songs they already exist for.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
BETTER YET, for a side-splitting good time, go watch DB: The Movie that was recently released... Hands down, best comedy of the year :p
I agree, when I went to America the first thing I did was watch it and I laughed, alot.

then on the flight home, blow me if it wasnt the first thing I watched again.

Eh??? But... doesn't that mean he can't come to the dark side because he's already there??? Or maybe you're taking it from the perspective of the dark side, in which case once someone's in the dark side the dark side can't see them no more, since they're inside it... Argh, it's the small font that's confusing me Alzi!!!
I like it.

Muzga

Smash Ace
i am probably going to pull a marty and have a nap at some point in the day due to my overnights. someone wake me up if i have a match or its important:p

Edit: come on guys! how about some squat hype?
Stop being lame!

MC HAMSTER SAYZ:
COME TO SQUAT!
YEAH! DO IT!

Top Bottom