• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hax

when you go for tech chases

do you mostly try to cover the tech in place/ no tech option

because i've been going for that option mostly and when it hits there's always ****

also thats 50% of all options right there so its a good guess most of the time

idk just wondering

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Most good falcons, in my experience, use either get up attack or tech in place
Falcon's get up attack is SO ****ING BROKEN I SWEAR TO GOD
it's unpunishable, has a hitbox like link's nair, has no lag, comes out in like 2 frames, and combos into knee

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the heck are you talking about

i asked when your tech chasing

not being tech chased

tubes

Smash Ace
Yo Hax. Backair is ****ing ****. It has the fastest IASA frames of all Falcon't aerial moves, auto-cancels, and it looks ****ing sexy. I wish to use it as an effective combo starter. Got any ideas? All I can think of that makes sense is hitting them onto a platform then tech chase them with moonwalk bair.

tubes

Smash Ace
bair->grab is one of my goto moves
you gotta be real quick tho
Ya but that's not really what I'm going for. I wanna use it to start and/or continue juggles. This vid contains some examples of such juggles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AkW5gD-CE

But see I wanna find new ways to use bair, combo off of bair, and set up for bair **** juggles such as in the vid, that also aren't a devolution of the Falcon meta-game.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you can run at people and soft bair them forwards->knee/uair
low % bair at ledge->wd off->bair works too
bair->knee if you're fast enough
falcons bair is really good =]

DUB

Smash Lord
Hax, is taking Shieks to Brinstar generally a bad idea for Falcon? I do the best against them with no platforms and big open space but If I did get a stage like FD i would probably change to Falco. Are their any crazy/surprise CP's I can take shiek that would do well for Falcon?

P.S. - PP says you are the best with Falcon's recovery. What are some things you look for to ensure that you can make it back?

Hax

Smash Champion
i personally dislike brinstar just because it favors characters with spike moves (sheik's needles = pseudo-spike) for lava combos. falcon's dair doesn't really come into play as a spike; rather a combo-starter. so yes it's a bad idea imo.

i'm starting to agree with you that FD is a good choice vs sheik. falcon can uthrow uair regrab her at 30% which platforms can **** up, plus dthrow techchasing with sheik on platforms is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad gay. she can dropzone fair you lol.

sheik's weakness is from below when she's in the air, so imo KJ64 is good cause u can camp the middle while the platforms adjacent to you are elevated, so you can rack damage with uair. its still a really gay matchup

yea recovery is my specialty, lol. idk you just really have to c0ck falcon back (by holding back) when you expect them to hit you and hope they miss. i'm used to this and know about it which is why falcons never make it back on stage vs me lol. but yeah its mad good esp. vs spacies

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Good **** at Shell Shocked Hax. I'm sad you didn't make it to Em's birthday smashfest though. I was hoping to see you there.

Top Bottom